Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: I Wish I Had A Project Manager

Geraldo could come up with the most revolutionary, innovative and jaw-dropping idea/slogan/campaign EVER, and I'd still wish death upon him.

Either I am a horrible human being, or he is just THAT awful.

On a more shallow note, I find it upsetting that Vivica and Kenya - both naturally stunning black women - would wreck their faces in an attempt to replicate Caucasian features/beauty ideals via plastic surgery (maybe that wasn't their intent, but that's the conclusion I've drawn).

• Love 8

"The brand is so old, it's perfect for Geraldo", nice one Lorenzo!

I hate to say it, but when Trump said "Chock Full of Nuts", I instantly started singing that jingle in my head....(no, I'm not as old as Geraldo, but I remembered the jingle).

I still think Geraldo is an a-hole, though....

• Love 8

Shawn was wearing white pumps with black slacks. That's a fire-able offense right there. During a task about shoes, no less.

Unless the shoes were Ivanka's brand.....

(I've bought her shoes - I found them uncomfortable and overpriced for the quality, to be honest...)

• Love 1

Shawn had more overall value to the team than Kate, but it's her own dang fault that she got fired.  You can't really complain about the bad leadership on your team when you could have stepped up, but didn't.  Plus Shawn seemed to keep playing the age card, but yet she signed up for this crap fest knowing what was expected of her, so I didn't entirely get it.

I took back what I said last week about Ian.  He sucks.  Talk about somebody that takes himself way too seriously.  You were on 90210 dude.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 7

I can't believe Chock full of Nuts would like that video better.  This is a brand that's been around for so many years!  I am just shocked.  Leeza's video was hardly about the coffee.  Usually the brand names want everything about their brand out there.

Kate can go away now.

Poor Lorenzo.  When they lost I knew he was going to fall on his sword.

Wow..only 3 weeks left???

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 9

What did Sig do in the video?

Get coffee?

I can't believe Chock full of Nuts would like that video better.  This is a brand that's been around for so many years!  I am just shocked.  Leeza's video was hardly about the coffee.  Usually the brand names want everything about their brand out there.

I get it.  Lorenzo's video was better, but its not a viral video.  Plus, Geraldo and Kate are not on anyone's social media radar.  Leeza's video incorporated sex and a current feud between Reality TV stars.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 3

Wow... Kenya went too low IMO. How can you complain about somebody getting in the mud when you're getting in there yourself? Commenting on somebody's husband leaving them... come on... that's just low rent. I really thought that Kenya was handling herself pretty well on the show until now... I take it all back.

Maybe I am missing something... but why does Vivica continually go for Kate even when somebody else should be the one to be fired. Don't get it.

• Love 15

Wow... Kenya went too low IMO. How can you complain about somebody getting in the mud when you're getting in there yourself? Commenting on somebody's husband leaving them... come on... that's just low rent. I really thought that Kenya was handling herself pretty well on the show until now... I take it all back.

Maybe I am missing something... but why does Vivica continually go for Kate even when somebody else should be the one to be fired. Don't get it.

I thought that Kenya's comments were completely uncalled for.  I think even Trump was shocked that she went there.  I am sooo not a fan of Brandi Glanville (I watch Real Housewives), and even I felt badly for her. 

I don't understand the reason for the comments, either - I actually thought that Brandi was being fairly well behaved during these two tasks.  (Could there have been something said or done that was edited out??)

Also, I think Vivica just doesn't like Kate, for whatever reason, but, I kind of agree with Vivica - Kate delayed the filming for quite a while getting that ridiculous overly exaggerated "50's" hair-do (that looked more 40's to me than 50's....).  Why didn't Lorenzo bring Kate and Geraldo in?  The whole video's concept was Geraldo's idea. 

• Love 8

I think Kenya is a goner as soon as their team wins.  I know Trump loves two types of apprentices, the suck ups and the controversial, but Trump talking about Kenya going too low after Brandi instead of the leaving apprentice does not bode well for Kenya.

Its also odd that the way others speak about Brandi is way out of proportion compared to what is shown.  The editing is on Brandi's side.

Also, I think Vivica just doesn't like Kate, for whatever reason, but, I kind of agree with Vivica - Kate delayed the filming for quite a while getting that ridiculous overly exaggerated "50's" hair-do (that looked more 40's to me than 50's....).  Why didn't Lorenzo bring Kate and Geraldo in?  The whole video's concept was Geraldo's idea.

I think Vivica has built, not undeservedly, an opinion of Kate based on prior challenges and is making the mistake of picking the person she doesn't like as the one to be fired every week when Trump likes to pretend to pick the person the person responsible for that week's failure as if nothing has occurred in prior challenges.  That is why it was smart for Kate not to pick Vivica to go.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

Sigh... another week with the blowhard Geraldo....way too much focus on him in that video IMHO... yeck.

Makes me wonder if Vivicia is slowly picking off all the women competition or something or trying to when she keeps aiming for Kate... Not a fan of Kate but what she did (or didn't do) wasn't exactly a fireable thing.

Congrats to Leeza.  While they didn't focus on the brand and all, their concept of what a viral video was more apt than Vortex's was.  Something that would grab people's attention and unfortunately (or fortunately?) these days that's the kind that will go viral rather than a singing dancing 1950s to present 'commercial'.

Ugh Kenya....you kept saying  "well I didn't bring up....x y and z..."  But Kenya... you JUST DID!   They're both despicable and Kenya is trying to kiss up to make herself smell better.

I think Lorenzo didn't want to bring anyone back  because he truly thought everyone did great 100% etc (even if Geraldo's idea was the one that sunk them- he thought it was fabulous).  He just didn't want to see any bad in any of them.  Hmm   third person to literally throw in the towel this season.. is this a record or something?

Edited by Ducky
  • Love 5
What did Sig do in the video?

Nothing, yet Vivica, once again, goes after a woman, First, she's up Shawn's ass. The youngest and smallest member of the team. Then, once Shawn is gone, it's Kate's turn. Typical bully behavior. She won't go after a man. What did Sig contribute? Lorenzo falls on his sword, and Vivica is too busy throwing women under the bus (because she can bulldoze them) to bring up the possibility that Sig wasn't a real contributor.  

She's Omarosa 2.0.

That last task was weird. Nothing says COFFEE than two vapid Housewives rolling around on a bed in their bathrobes, I guess. At least Lorenzo's video SHOWED THE PRODUCT. Did the winning team even mention the new K-Cups that Chock Full o'Nuts was attempting to advertise?  

And why wasn't Johnny Damon rolling around on the bed in his boxers? WOMEN drink coffee, too. But no, just hair extensions and fake funbags. Disappointed that they were rewarded for that shit.

This show isn't even trying to look legitimate anymore. As if having Arsenio win last year despite getting his ass kicked in the in the final task (he raised half the amount of money that Aiken did) didn't already make that painfully obvious. Trump is keeping the contestants that cause the most drama, while cutting off people like Shawn and Lorenzo, who are nice, but come off as a bit boring, thus do not make "good TV."

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 15

Um Sig?  Hello, team Vortex, Sig is on the team.  The Donald, Sig is on that team!  He doesn't even get to sit at the same table.  He is a non-mother f-ing factor.  I thought for sure that for once someone would say, "Sig what did you DO?"  Especially after Lorenzo was a little testy about him in the talking head.  

Vivica hates Kate because Kate tried to throw her under the bus the first time Vivica was a project manager.  Kate said Vivica should be fired because she was in control.  Vivica has been gunning for her ever since.  Hate Kate and her rat face and eyes.  Everyone agreed with Trump that Kenya hit below the belt by shaking their heads except Kate.

I expected Brandi and Kenya to get into a fight when they left the boardroom.

I think in the fake fight on the street Brandi said something to Kenya along with "bitch."  Could that have set Kenya off?  Or maybe she referenced Kenya's Real Housewife Reunion fight with Porsha?  Who knows, but the fight seemed playful, not vicious.

• Love 3

I think Lorenzo didn't want to bring anyone back  because he truly thought everyone did great 100% etc (even if Geraldo's idea was the one that sunk them- he thought it was fabulous).  He just didn't want to see any bad in any of them.  Hmm   third person to literally throw in the towel this season.. is this a record or something?

I think that Lorenzo knew he was done and decided to take the noble out.  Kate would have been safe because that wasn't the reason they lost.  Trump made it clear it wasn't close and that was a clear sign he was going to fire the person responsible for direction.  Lorenzo knows that Trump is not going to fire Geraldo.  That has been pretty clear.  Frankly, given what we've seen of Geraldo, I'd be shocked if his contract didn't have some kind of can't be fired before X clause.  I'm going to have to read the disclaimers at the end of the show next time.  The best chance Lorenzo had was guy whose name I don't know, who doesn't get a chair, and sits out of filming direction when deciding who comes back didn't do anything.

And why wasn't Johnny Damon rolling around on the bed in his boxers? WOMEN drink coffee, too. But no, just hair extensions and fake funbags. Disappointed that they were rewarded for that shit.

I was confused when they moved to the hotel room.  I thought they would do the whole remove jackets, in white shirts, throw coffee on each other, wet t-shirt thing.  With the theme of the video, I thought that was how they were going to include the coffee.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3

I thought Geraldo's voiceover absolutely sunk his team. There was no way that was ever going to be a viral video -- it's a commercial. If they'd kept to their "50s to 'fake mid-90s'" transition, minus Geraldo's commercial-like voiceover, maybe Chock full o'Nuts would've had a reason to pick them. Because I kept yelling at the screen "That's not a viral video -- that's a commercial!"

As the [bleeped out Amazing Race] would say: "Read. Your. Clue!" (and polish those 11 Emmys. Sorry, Donald. U mad bro?)

• Love 10

Two things: 1. I agree with you about Kenya. I think she sealed her fate. They like a little in- fighting, but that cattiness went too far. She went from class with an edge to straight nasty ass manipulator. 2. Vivica had to keep bringing up Kate because Kate fid those things. It just looks bad cause Viv is the one who had to say it -over and over. Kate shoulda been gone, but that damn Shawn was a waste of space.

• Love 6

Poor Brandi. Always the victim.

Maybe if she doesn't want people to poke at her sore spots, she shouldn't poke others'. Saying she was going to drag Kenya across the floor like Porsha was hitting below the belt. Too bad for her she had a lower belt.

• Love 15

As the [bleeped out Amazing Race] would say: "Read. Your. Clue!" (and polish those 11 Emmys. Sorry, Donald. U mad bro?)

The Amazing Race is way less contrived than this train wreck, plus there is Phil, which is a win in my book.

I cannot take much more of Geraldo, but he seems to be the type that Trump loves. The majority of the actual likable celebs are out. I am trying to decide who to root for.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 6

It's crazy delusional how Geraldo is so constantly pleased with himself. I've watched him for years and I really never picked up on what a nut he is.

The best part of their commercial was him blocking Kate's face with his goofy top hat.

• Love 9

It's crazy delusional how Geraldo is so constantly pleased with himself. I've watched him for years and I really never picked up on what a nut he is.

Now that I think about it, both ideas that lost them the shoe challenge were Geraldo's (coffee bar, slogan).  I think that Trump's obvious favoritism for Geraldo combined with Geraldo's need to be the visionary behind everything or else throw a tantrum like a two year old is a really tough combination for his team to deal with.  And right now they are dealing with it through capitulation.  It will be interesting to see if anyone can manage to (or even try to) get across to Trump what Geraldo is like to work with.

• Love 3

My husband watched with me tonight and even he said, that video had nothing to do with coffee. Most people/consumers would not even remember the name of the coffee after viewing that video, just that it was a stereotypical male fantasy dream video of 2 women fighting, it was not about coffee. In most households, it is the women that but the coffee, not the men. Big fail IMO.

Unless they edited out something really nasty said by Brandi to/about Kenya tonight, Kenya was all kinds of wrong IMO. She got as low in the mud/slime as 1 can get and still breathe. There was no reason to go where she went, none IMO. That showed how unprofessional Kenya really is and why she is unable to make it outside the realms of reality TV now. I suspect that this type of behavior is why Kenya is not sought after in Hollywood despite her looks and her intelligence.

• Love 5

I have to assume (and can believe) that Sig is the busiest worker bee they have, and nobody's going to nominate him to go because the others would override that call.  So he has to be pulling his weight.  No hiding next week and we should see how everybody (on his team) feels about him as he takes charge.   

I think that Trump's obvious favoritism for Geraldo combined with Geraldo's need to be the visionary behind everything or else throw a tantrum like a two year old is a really tough combination for his team to deal with.  And right now they are dealing with it through capitulation.

I'm praying it's Geraldo that Sig screams at next week.  I don't think he'd scream at a woman, so unless they gain a member from the other team, that leaves Geraldo!

On a more shallow note, I find it upsetting that Vivica and Kenya - both naturally stunning black women - would wreck their faces in an attempt to replicate Caucasian features/beauty ideals via plastic surgery (maybe that wasn't their intent, but that's the conclusion I've drawn).

I don't find Kenya's looks appreciably different from when she won Miss USA - what has she had done?  I agree that taking the low road will cost her in the end.  Unfortunately Brandi missed a golden opportunity to respond "have you actually seen her?" to the implication that LeeAnn is prettier than Brandi. Brandi's definitely jacking up her looks, but she was a beautiful woman when Eddie left, and LeeAnn has never been more than moderately attractive.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 7

Even though she's attractive, Kenya always looks cartoonish to me.  While I'm not a Brandi fan, Kenya hit WAY below the belt tonight.  Very classless. 

Joan seemed quiet and not in the mood for the show for some reason.  I saw the video of her at the comedy club right before her final surgery and she was very on the ball.  Sad to see her.

• Love 10

Are corporate-produced commercials planted on YouTube actually going viral and building brands? The whole concept seems dated and out of touch to me. As I remember they've had the same challenge before for at least one other brand, and I'm pretty sure the winning entry didn't go "viral."

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 3

I was also wondering why Joan was so quiet, it didn't seem like her. Shawn was annoying and she has to realize you either step up or get fired. Of course that doesn't explain Sig and I can't explain him either. Geraldo thinks the moon and sun revolve around him and since the entire concept start to finish was him; he should have been brought back in to the boardroom. Obviously his team members don't get that he will steamroll over each and every one of them until he is the last man standing. 

Ivanka's shoe task was just strange. They were not selling the shoes, just having people look at them briefly and then leave? I love shoes, but just walking thru a trailer of shoes wouldn't appeal to me and I wouldn't remember them five minutes later. This had to be one of the stranger tasks. I know they did a previous task where Ivanka's clothes were in a store window. That at least made sense because a lot of people walk past the windows and might come into the store to buy. But this didn't-I just don't believe any of the few women who walked through would immediately head to Nordstroms to buy these shoes. 

• Love 4

You know what would have won for Lorenzo's team?

Video hyping the opening of Capone's vault.

Video of a brawl over Chock Full of Nuts.  Geraldo's nose broken.

More hyping of Capone's vault.

Video of Geraldo showing where they are positioned in Iraq using coffee beans.

They open the vault and all they find is an old Chock Full of Nuts can.

I'd want you on my team! This is a win!

My husband watched with me tonight and even he said, that video had nothing to do with coffee. Most people/consumers would not even remember the name of the coffee after viewing that video, just that it was a stereotypical male fantasy dream video of 2 women fighting, it was not about coffee. In most households, it is the women that but the coffee, not the men. Big fail IMO.

I heard something once about fashion runway shows that taught me a lot about branding and marketing. Sometimes the models walk down the runway in such out-there looks that most people say it looks ridiculous, no one would ever wear that... But the point of the show is not to always to get women to see a look and say "I want to buy that dress," but rather to attract attention, to build buzz about the designer, his or her show, the spring/summer line, etc... The same is true for commercials, or in this case, a video that the brand wants to go viral. That's why celebrities are hired to endorse products so often. Yes, the team should have shown the brand more, but the reason they were the clear winner was because they used their celebs in a funny and provocative way, and created a video that was FAR more likely to attract attention and hits on the web. Once you click on the link and watch the video (maybe more than once), then you find out more about the product.

• Love 7

Agreeing with the Madding Crowd post above, sorry haven't mastered quoting others on iPad. Did Joan contribute anything at all?

Agreed the idea of luring women into a trailer to look at some expensive shoes which they should then rush off to Nordstrom to buy seems so dumb.

One thing I learned in this episode was that Manhattan finally has a Nordstrom! Looks like it opened in 2012.

Edited by JasminePhyllisia
  • Love 1

I heard something once about fashion runway shows that taught me a lot about branding and marketing. Sometimes the models walk down the runway in such out-there looks that most people say it looks ridiculous, no one would ever wear that... But the point of the show is not to always to get women to see a look and say "I want to buy that dress," but rather to attract attention, to build buzz about the designer, his or her show, the spring/summer line, etc... The same is true for commercials, or in this case, a video that the brand wants to go viral. That's why celebrities are hired to endorse products so often. Yes, the team should have shown the brand more, but the reason they were the clear winner was because they used their celebs in a funny and provocative way, and created a video that was FAR more likely to attract attention and hits on the web. Once you click on the link and watch the video (maybe more than once), then you find out more about the product.

As a woman, seeing that video would put me off the product. It was more suited to Kandi's toy line than coffee. LOL

• Love 6

The whole thing was too obviously just a commercial for Ivanka's line.  How many times was Ivanka's Shoes mentioned and how 'every woman' wants to be Ivanka?!  The trailer thing was too weird.  Too small to have people go into and out of plus having to present the teams ideas of what the product was and supposedly represented.  I still watched. ;)

• Love 2

As a woman, seeing that video would put me off the product. It was more suited to Kandi's toy line than coffee. LOL

But you would likely click on it cuz of the Housewives (you can't hide from me, WireWrap! LOL!), and then it could end there, if you're put off, but maybe someone else in your household....

Plus, there's always men surfing the web...

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 2

In grad school, our professor told us that the purpose of an advertisement is to entertain the viewer, not sell product.

Kandi should hire Kenya and Brandi to promote her line instead of pitching it herself.  LOL, even Brandi and Kenya give off more heat than Kandi and Todd.

Video of a brawl over Chock Full of Nuts.  Geraldo's nose broken.

Geraldo could have had a show where the guests argue about the best coffee brand.  A fight ensues and Geraldo is hit in the nose with a box of K cups.

Chock Full of Nuts must be a regional brand.  I have never heard of it before.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 6

In grad school, our professor told us that the purpose of an advertisement is to entertain the viewer, not sell product.

It took me one loooong paragraph to say what you did in one succinct sentence! Thank you.

I also wanted to add that Kenya really blew it in the boardroom tonight. She's really smart, creative and hardworking, so she had a real shot at going far here, but those below-the-belt comments about Brandi just sank her. If Mr. Sexist and Disgusting himself calls you out for going too far, that's really saying something. A miscalculation on Kenya's part, for sure.

• Love 6

But you would likely click on it cuz of the Housewives (you can't hide from me, WireWrap! LOL!), and then it could end there, if you're put off, but maybe someone else in your household....

LOL I might watch it if it was on 1 of the blog sites but I would not buy the coffee and I do all the grocery shopping in our house. It might appeal to some younger guys though but if their wives see it, no way that coffee is coming in the house, unless they like either Brandi or Kenya that is! It does not help that I dislike both of them as it is. LOL

It took me one loooong paragraph to say what you did in one succinct sentence! Thank you.

I also wanted to add that Kenya really blew it in the boardroom tonight. She's really smart, creative and hardworking, so she had a real shot at going far here, but those below-the-belt comments about Brandi just sank her. If Mr. Sexist and Disgusting himself calls you out for going too far, that's really saying something. A miscalculation on Kenya's part, for sure.

Did Kenya not realized that Trump liked Brandi by then?  Not very astute of her, it has been pretty clear that he has a soft spot for Brandi IMO.  It is never good to throw slime in the boardroom when you are trying to look/act professional. Even Joan was surprised by what Kenya said/did!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

LOL I might watch it if it was on 1 of the blog sites but I would not buy the coffee and I do all the grocery shopping in our house. It might appeal to some younger guys though but if their wives see it, no way that coffee is coming in the house, unless they like either Brandi or Kenya that is! It does not help that I dislike both of them as it is. LOL

But we - or the people clicking on the link or watching/hearing about the video - are talking about a Chock Full of Nuts video, and that's all that counts.

But we - or the people clicking on the link or watching/hearing about the video - are talking about a Chock Full of Nuts video, and that's all that counts.

Yes, we are talking about the video but I for 1 forgot the name of the coffee already! LOL

• Love 1

Kenya's insult to Brandy hits too close to home for Donald because it shames him for what he and men like him are wont to do.

Vivica amuses me with her over-the-top acting and transparent strategizing. When she was afraid she'd get fired she started tongue-bathing Ivanka and putting on a pageant performance in congeniality to congratulate the winning team.

Very good idea by Leeza, Kenya, and Ian for the "viral" video. Too bad it brought out Ian's pompousness. 

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 2

If that's all they can find, poor bastards. I've seen a lot of sad, dirty and/or ugly on this show courtesy of Trump,  but dear Jesus on a tortilla, the unappetizing image of two fame whores -- with repugnant reputations at best -- rolling and rubbing their plasticized & ropy-muscled bodies against each other, all in desperate mutual hope of going "viral" (something Brandi's doctor has surely said to her more than once) tops the list. Unless the coffee doubles as a surgical grade disinfectant, there's no washing away THAT image from my mind. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4

Shawn getting fired made no sense. OK, she didn't step up, but isn't the person who gets fired supposed to be the main or most of the reason the team lost?

They didn't like Vivica and Geraldo's cafe idea and Shawn did everything asked of her. Trump likes to fire PM's but in this case it should've been Vivica, who I lose more respect for by the episode. She goes after anyone but herself for the dumbest reasons (Shawn's time of the month, Shawn not being PM, Kate taking a long time in Hair) and she just acts so fake about it too.

Yet you have Sig who's "under the radar" a.k.a has done nothing in really any task but no one calls him out for it? What did he do in the video really? OK, I understand why Lorenzo got fired, but Sig basically was just taking up space and has been the entire season.

I feel bad for Shawn because she's far too nice and good of a human being to be on this mess and got fired for the dumbest reason so far this season. At least the other fired people before her contributed to their teams loss in some way.

• Love 2