Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
The Crazed Spruce

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

46 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Will he actually be green though?

::harsh sigh::

Probably not. I just don't get how it's more expensive (or whatever) now than it was in the previous seasons. I get them showing his Martian form less often; my problem is not seeing it AT ALL.

24 minutes ago, Trini said:

::harsh sigh::

Probably not. I just don't get how it's more expensive (or whatever) now than it was in the previous seasons. I get them showing his Martian form less often; my problem is not seeing it AT ALL.

Or how The Flash can CGI multiple Gorillas for a longer time than we've seen J'onn in Green for the entireity of his time on SG.

23 hours ago, Trini said:

Female Brainy making another appearance?

[As an aside; I love how this shows the difference between filming in Hawaii vs. Filming in Vancouver!]

• Like 1

The actress who plays Andrea confirmed on twitter that she is sticking around for Season six. I'm not happy about that. Sharon Leal, who played Miss Martian has apparently been filming the past couple of episodes. Based on set pics etc. she filmed at least a few group scenes  yesterday. There was a group scene that included Kara, Lena, J'onn, Nia, Brainy, and Miss Martian. Alex has been curiously absent from these scenes.  With Andrea staying and Miss Martian coming back I wonder if a cast member or two is leaving. Since this show has started someone has left either at the end of the season or early in the next one.  

Edited by Oreo2234

It's weird the photos for the next episode aren't out yet. Super spoilery? Or just a screwup somewhere?

----

Anyway synopsis for Melissa's directorial debut, 5.17:

“Deus Lex Machina” — ...

MELISSA BENOIST MAKES HER DIRECTORIAL DEBUT – Lex (guest star Jon Cryer) proceeds to lay an intricate plan to bring Lena (Katie McGrath) closer to him, defeat Leviathan’s latest attack, and pit Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and team against Leviathan. It is also revealed how Lex came into power after Crisis.

Melissa Benoist directed the episode with story by Lindsay Sturman and teleplay by Katie Rose Rogers & Brooke Pohl (#517). Original airdate 3/29/2020.

----

Sounds like a Lex-centric episode. :-/

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Trini said:

Sounds like a Lex-centric episode. 😕

That's a bummer for Melissa's directorial debut. I'm pretty sick of Lex and would rather have seen more of almost ANY other character if there's gotta be less Kara in the ep.

• Like 2

There's been a lot of Luthor centric episodes this year. I'm getting a bit tired of it. 

Canadagraphs did a post on a group scene they filmed yesterday . Seems a bit odd Alex wasn't there.  He said on twitter he wasn't sure if it was a cliff-hanger or not. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Like 1

Canadagraphs updated his Post with pics from a scene filmed earlier Wednesday. Dreamer, Supergirl, J'onn, Brainy with blond hair, Miss Martian and the stand in for Chyler Leigh (in a black and blue hooded outfit) were in the scene. It's possible she could be standing in for someone else but it looks like she might have the same thing on her wrist that Alex has in the promo photos for the next episode. 

ETA: The color scheme of the Alex outfit is similar to her virtual reality Supergirl suit. I wonder if this is another virtual reality or if she gets a new, real suit. 

Edited by Oreo2234

On 3/12/2020 at 7:05 PM, shantown said:

That's a bummer for Melissa's directorial debut. I'm pretty sick of Lex and would rather have seen more of almost ANY other character if there's gotta be less Kara in the ep.

I read somewhere that she was actually hoping to direct a Lex-centric episode. Not sure of the source on that, though.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I read somewhere that she was actually hoping to direct a Lex-centric episode. Not sure of the source on that, though.

I don't blame her - mythology wise, Lex Luthor is arguably the 3rd biggest character after Clark and Lois. And in this cast, Jon Cryer seems to be well-liked. As a watcher of Supergirl though, this season has definitely gone downhill for me in terms of the characters I want to watch not getting (quality) screentime.

• Like 2

Promo for 5.16:

----

I assume at least half this episode takes place in VR, but outside of that, I wonder how they explain Kara/Supergirl's absence? Because it looks like Melissa isn't in this one much at all. (Because of pre-production for the episode she's directing.)

5.18 synopsis:

"The Missing Link" -

LENA DISCOVERS THE CONSEQUENCES OF PROJECT NON NOCERE - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the team go head to head against Rama Khan (guest star Mitch Pileggi) and Leviathan. Meanwhile, Lena (Katie McGrath) and Lex (guest star Jon Cryer) must join forces when Project Non Nocere fails, leaving the two siblings in serious danger.

Avi Youabian directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & J. Holtham (#518). Original airdate 5/10/2020.

---

Bleh-- Rama Khan again?

This sounds like a good Part 1 of a two-part finale, but we're not getting the second part any time soon. 😢

5.19 synopsis:

SEASON FINALE

SUPERGIRL

"Immortal Kombat" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

DAVID HAREWOOD DIRECTED THIS PENULTIMATE EPISODE - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) realizes that in order to stop Lex (guest star Jon Cryer) and Leviathan she must work with the one person she never thought she'd trust again - Lena (Katie McGrath).

Nia (Nicole Maines) keeps dreaming about Brainy (Jesse Rath) but struggles with what the dreams are trying to tell her. Meanwhile, Brainy realizes there is only one way to stop Lex.

David Harewood directed the episode with story by Derek Simon and teleplay by Emilio Ortego Aldrich & Nicki Holcomb (#519). Original airdate 5/17/2020.

56 minutes ago, Trini said:

This sounds like a good Part 1 of a two-part finale, but we're not getting the second part any time soon. 😢

Supposedly they took parts of episode 20 and added them to episode 19 to give the season more of an ending.

• Like 1

It did sound like they would use at least some of the footage from episode 20. But Jon Cryer did say something that made it sound like the Lex arc would be unresolved. 

Alex isn't mentioned of course. I'm annoyed that Alex has hardly had any story this entire season. Her leaving the DEO was more about giving Brainy a story. Her dad was murdered by Lex Luthor yet it seems like she won't be a significant part of the final episodes.

Edited by Oreo2234

On 4/30/2020 at 11:37 AM, Trini said:

5.18 synopsis:

---

Bleh-- Rama Khan again?

It could be interesting. Remember that he has a score to settle with Gemma and Leviathan for screwing him over. So he's not exactly going to be her/their ally against Team Supergirl.

11 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Remember that he has a score to settle with Gemma and Leviathan for screwing him over.

But that happened before the re-write of the universe...