Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
The Crazed Spruce

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

5.06 synopsis:

"Confidence Women" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

PIECE TOGETHER THE PAST - While a new villain is under arrest at the DEO, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) uses him to try and understand who is responsible for the recent attacks. Meanwhile, Andrea (Julie Gonzalo) and Lena (Katie McGrath) think back on their tumultuous past.

Shannon Kohli directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Nicki Holcomb (#506). Original airdate 11/10/2019.

5.07 synopsis:

"Tremors" -

SOMETIMES THE PERSON YOU WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR IS STANDING BEHIND THE TRIGGER - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) finally learns the truth about Lena (Katie McGrath) while tangling with Leviathan. J'onn J'onnz (David Harewood) makes a discovery about his brother's whereabouts.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by J. Holtham & Katie Rose Rogers (#507). Original airdate 11/17/2019.

-----

Sounds like this is the episode where everything blows up?

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:43 PM, Trini said:

SOMETIMES THE PERSON YOU WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR IS STANDING BEHIND THE TRIGGER

Damn, they came out hard. This would be a great line on a movie poster.

With the way things were going I was starting to think Leviathan wouldn’t be dealt with until the second part of the season (like Red Daughter last year), so I’m glad there will be some movement soon.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

With the way things were going I was starting to think Leviathan wouldn’t be dealt with until the second part of the season (like Red Daughter last year), so I’m glad there will be some movement soon.

I don't remember if they had talked about Leviathan at Comic Con, but when they announced Andrea Rojas, I figured they would probably connect it through her.

Edited by Trini · Reason: curses! typos quoted again!
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Trini said:

I don't remember if they had talked about Leviathan at Comic Con, but when they announced Andrea Rojas, I figured they were probably connect it through her.

In the comics I believe Leviathan is usually connected to Talia Al Ghul. I guess Andrea will be the stand in on Supergirl.

11 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

In the comics I believe Leviathan is usually connected to Talia Al Ghul. I guess Andrea will be the stand in on Supergirl.

Taliz has recently lost control of the organization in the comics.  Hopefully the show doesn't go where the comics are heading.

I didn't realize Meaghan Rath was a regular on another show - anyway, looks like her version of Brainiac is showing up in 5.10:

(He tagged his sister)

• Like 1

This is kinda spoilery. Apparently they will be filming at a set made up to be National City University. I wonder if it will include flashbacks for Kara and/or Alex or if something is happening there in the present day? 

Edited by Oreo2234

5.08 synopsis:

"The Wrath of Rama Khan" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

MID-SEASON FINALE - Supergirl's (Melissa Benoist) struggle against Leviathan reaches a boiling point as she faces off against Rama Khan (guest star Mitch Pileggi). Meanwhile, as Lena (Katie McGrath) and Hope (Andrea Brooks) work to launch Project Non Nocere, Hope proves to be an invaluable asset to Lena.

Marcus Stokes directed the episode written by Lindsay Struman & Jessica Kardos (#508). Original airdate 12/1/2019.

According to spoiler tv Supergirl's upcoming episode title are:

5x09 - Crisis on Infinite Earths Pt1

5x10 - The Bottle Episode

5x11 - Back from the Future - Part One

5x12 - Back from the Future - Part Two

5x13 - It's A Super Life

I think 5x13 is the 100th episode. The bottle episode title could be a reference to the bottle city of Kandor.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Which episode are they filming now?

If it's 5.13, which might be take on It's a Wonderful Life, it could be an alternate reality/dream sequence. I don't see them having Kara reveal she's Supergirl to the public and having it stick.

• Like 1

That's what I was thinking. I find it slightly disappointing if that's what they are doing for the 100th episode though.

Edited by Oreo2234

Aw, I like seeing alternate realities and characters.

But I don't really have any particular expectations for their 100th. I would like to see some former castmembers make appearances, though.

---

Wait -- isn't her suit in her glasses now? I don't think she's done a shirt rip this whole season yet...

On 12/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, Trini said:

Wait -- isn't her suit in her glasses now? I don't think she's done a shirt rip this whole season yet...

That's a really great catch, actually.... But if she does reveal her secret identity I'm sure Superman will fix it again...

imageproxy.jpg.cf24f728083df6032bd2a1a744df49dc.jpg

(Image source)

• Laugh 1

14 hours ago, MarkHB said:

That's a really great catch, actually.... But if she does reveal her secret identity I'm sure Superman will fix it again...

imageproxy.jpg.cf24f728083df6032bd2a1a744df49dc.jpg

(Image source)

To be fair, though, that wasn't just meant to undo an accidental reveal of her secret identity. That was meant to undo an accidental reveal of her existence. For the first two years of Kara's life on Earth, she was supposed to remain completely unknown to the world until Superman felt she had been sufficiently trained in the use of her powers and had become sufficiently acclimated to Earth's culture before she was to go public. And Superman was quite strict about enforcing that particular rule.

7 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

To be fair, though, that wasn't just meant to undo an accidental reveal of her secret identity. That was meant to undo an accidental reveal of her existence. For the first two years of Kara's life on Earth, she was supposed to remain completely unknown to the world until Superman felt she had been sufficiently trained in the use of her powers and had become sufficiently acclimated to Earth's culture before she was to go public. And Superman was quite strict about enforcing that particular rule.

...to the point of mind-wiping an entire town. Still an outstanding piece of superdickery any way you slice it.  (And further comments on this should probably move to Keeping Up with the Kryptonians.)

• Like 1

I just read an e-online article about Crisis on Infinite Earths. Robert Rovner said it will really reset a lot of what's happening on Supergirl. 

Edited by Oreo2234