Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Like a Virgin or S01.E08: Slut Sneeze!

Lisin
  • Start Topic

MAC! I've been waiting for this episode because Mac is one of my favourite characters. We also get to see Keith be a badass, which, yay! He makes me so happy. We're also really getting into the snark which makes me happy. I love this show.

Yeah, yay Mac and also Keith's badassery. Also: Abel Koontz bombshell at the end. I was pretty happy with their level of trust with the audience here; they didn't have a reminder about who the King and queen wee this ep, did they? And nothing explicit about how oh that's mean she dated her brother / etc, though they did have some relationship-with-Duncan reminders that didn't strictly need to be there.

I also liked the reminder from Meg (and Mac) that though Veronica used to be at the center of the school and is now completely sidelined, that doesn't mean people don't sill pay attention to what she's doing.

You're right, and I hadn't thought about it before but the level of trust this show has with the audience is excellent. I think it's part of what makes me love it so much, I don't feel talked down to.

• Love 2

I just finished this episode and don't have a lot to add to the discussion, but whenever it's a Meg-heavy story line, I always find myself thinking about how Alona Tal originally auditioned for the role of Veronica.  I wonder how different the show would've been with her in the lead?

• Love 1

Wow @clemmyb, I had forgotten that! I can't imagine I would have loved the show as much, nothing against Alona Tal because I do like her as an actress but Kristen Bell just KILLS it as Veronica.

• Love 1

Well, they certainly didn't draw out that little mystery too long, did they?  I'm surprised Veronica's mom didn't try and sabotage the relationship with Duncan as well, or at least we haven't seen that so far.  Did Duncan's mom know? Or did she just not like that her son was dating the daughter of the woman her husband dated?  I'm guessing that this is why Lilly got killed, she threatened to tell. 

I like Mac's character and Meg too.  Its nice that some people are still nice to Veronica.

Have to say, very uncharacteristic for the Frenchman to use "froggy" as an avatar.  At least the french I know.  So I'm guessing that once people hacked the student accounts, they changed the purity test answers when they posted them to everyone?

I was going to comment again about how homogenous so much of the cast is, with two girls with long blonde hair looking very much alike, but I guess that was sortof the point in this episode.