Type keyword(s) to search

Clash of the Egos: On-Set Drama and Feuds

• Start Topic

(edited)

He died relatively young from cancer at age 52 in 1988, unfortunately. Such a shame- I bet he could've had an amazing career if he had been born forty years later and could have been openly gay in Hollywood.

Anyway, another random tidbit is that Rita Moreno was actively trying to gain weight because she wanted a sexy pear shape body but apparently the producers weren't okay with that. She was also pretty pissed about getting dubbed for A Boy Like That and she trashed Natalie's accent as well as the hideous makeup they put on the Sharks to make them look Puerto Rican. Which she also had to wear despite actually being Puerto Rican. (And Natalie Wood for some reason didn't have to wear. I guess it was okay for Maria to not have greasepaint smeared all over her face?)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

They've been taking care to keep Dominic Cooper and Amanda Seyfried as relatively far apart as they can for the Mama Mia 2 press junket, I've noticed. I mean, they are professional and their break-up was a long time ago, but probably smart not to have them interact as much.

• Love 1

So here's what happened when they were developing Some Kind of Wonderful.

-John Hughes was angry about the fact that he had to change the ending to Pretty in Pink, which is what essentially brought about this movie because this is basically the same story just with the genders reversed and the ending he wanted.

-As a result of this change, he and Howard Deutch began to have tension despite him still having Deutch as the director. I'm guessing John blamed Deutch for the bad test reactions to Pretty in Pink?  (And not, you know, them casting a guy to play Ducky that Molly Ringwald had absolutely no sexual chemistry with. It's not even on Jon Cryer- he had awesome romantic chemistry with both Helen Hunt and Annabeth Gish.) Deutch wanted to cast Michael J. Fox in the main role (kind of ironic given that Eric Stoltz got fired from playing Marty McFly), but Fox turned it down. Deutch then left the project.

-John Hughes wanted Molly Ringwald to play Amanda Jones, but she turned it down. (And frankly, I don't blame her.) That led to a falling out between them, including a Times interview where she basically said she never wanted to work with him again. (And she never did.)

-Lea Thompson was offered the part next, but turned it down.

-John Hughes then hired Martha Coolidge (best known for Valley Girl) to direct. Coolidge hired Kim Delaney for Amanda, Eric Stoltz for Keith, Mary Stuart Masterson as Watts, and Kyle McLachlan as Hardy.

-Pretty in Pink was released and became a big hit. I guess that makes Hughes more receptive to Howard Deutch because he fires Coolidge, Delaney, and McLachlan. Howard Deutch officially comes back. I'm guessing Martha Coolidge didn't want to make a carbon copy of Pretty in Pink so she and Hughes didn't see eye-to-eye? Kim Delaney does have an alcohol problem and I wonder if that came into play with her firing. I'm kind of bummed about Kyle, though- I bet he could have rocked that part. Craig Sheffer was trying too hard to emulate James Spader in the movie.

-Howard the Duck flops, and the same weekend it happens, Lea Thompson is called up by Eric Stoltz (who was her good friend) who tries to convince her to take the part again. Given what a massive flop Howard the Duck was, Lea is no fool and dips back into the high school pond one last time. (Well, except for Lorraine in Back to the Future 2, as we do see her play high school there.) It winds up working out for her because she falls in love with Howard Deutch and they are married to this day, producing two daughters. Zoe Deutch is very pretty and charming. I think she's got an awesome shot at becoming a big star.

I do think it's the weakest of the Hughes teen films but I did love that the chemistry between Watts and Keith, and Amanda's story arc.

I wonder what Coolidge would have done, though- I bet Shayne and Amanda's dynamics would have been better fleshed out. She did a great job with bitchy teen girls in Valley Girl.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 8

Re-watching the late and great Tab Hunter's bio documentary, I remembered that he was fired from the musical Damn Yankees. Damn Yankees had been a very successful musical, and Jack Warner basically bought the rights and transferred almost the entire team for the movie version, including the director George Abbott. Stephen Douglass didn't carry, because Jack Warner intended for Tab Hunter to play the part. Clearly, George Abbott was not happy with this, and tried to line-read Tab. Tab being at the zenith of his stardom basically had the balls to tell George Abbott that he was not going to play the part the same way Stephen Douglass did because he could do it better. George basically shut his script, walked out of the room, and then fired Tab. Jack Warner being Jack Warner sure as hell wasn't going to let that happen, and he "persuaded" George Abbott to take Tab back. So that had to be awkward.

A really funny anecdote that I remember from Tab's book is that while he was filming a war movie, he decided to skip out on the military training that everyone was doing because he had done so many war movies at this point. Tab decided to spend the morning instead at a cafe drinking some cappuccino or whatever. The director of the movie apparently showed up at the cafe in person to chew Tab out for being so unprofessional and get his ass back on set for the training.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/18/2016 at 3:20 PM, Dejana said:

It does look like The Revenant will make back its budget (though there are whispers it's even higher than the reported $135m), and Hardy got his first Oscar nomination out of it, so that will take away some of the sting. OTOH, Iñárritu's ego and exceseive ways might only increase, so good luck to his next cast.

Tom Hardy wound up making the best decision of his career so far in turning down Suicide Squad. He got an Oscar nomination and it allowed him to be able to do Venom. Venom made a shit ton of money. (It wasn't liked by the critics but the moviegoing public enjoyed it.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

OK, this is another blast from the past but here it goes:   after skyrocketing to fame after starring in  the first widely released sound movie, The Jazz Singer (1927),  in 1928, 42-year-old Al Jolson married   the 19-year-old then-hot dancing sensation, Ruby Keeler (3rd of 4  unions for him, 1st of 2 for her)and they would adopt a son in 1937 they'd name Al Jolson, Jr. (calling him 'Sonny'). It  ended badly in 1940 but in 1941 she remarried a Mr. John Homer Lowe who officially adopted Al Jolson, Jr. and they renamed him Peter Albert Lowe [the name he'd use the rest of his life]. and they'd wind up having four more children together in an apparently happy union until Mr. Lowe's death in 1969. Mr. Jolson had died in 1950 while Miss Keeler lived until 1993. 

Going back to  1946,  Columbia Pictures   produced The Jolson Story a somewhat fictionalized and sanitized bio of the still-living Mr. Jolson. It didn't take long for Miss Keeler to get wind of this and she bluntly told them that  she didn't like him and didn't want her children to see the movie   depicting her having been married to him so she engaged a lawyer to cut out all mentions of their marriage. Believe it or not, she was successful and the character of Mr. Jolson's only depicted wife wound up being given an entirely different name! It's also interesting that Mr. Jolson was depicted by Larry Parks (Betty Garrett's husband) while his wife was depicted by Evelyn Keyes (of GWTW fame). Contrary to the 23 year age gap  between the real life Mr. Jolson and Miss Keeler, Mr. Parks was only two years Miss Keyes's senior! 

Edited by Blergh
clarity
  • Useful 1

I'm thinking that might be the reason why you generally have to get permission from real, living people for them to be portrayed in a bio. I know that when they made the Runaways bio, Jackie Fox did not consent to having herself portrayed, so they made up a fake character named Robin and gave her next to nothing to do in the movie. (Which is a shame because Alia Shawkat is a wonderful actress.)

It's reasons like this that I really wouldn't hold my breath for a Nirvana bio while Courtney Love is still alive, unless they can somehow manage to do one that cuts out all mentions of Courtney Love. She is never going to consent to a movie that would even hint at her not being a good person. She sure as hell wouldn't sign off on anything that evenly remotely suggested she killed Kurt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Interesting to ponder that methodwriter. Yes, you make a good argument as to why there likely won't be any Cobain movies that hint that she could have been less than the nicest person as long as Miss Love is breathing.

It's somewhat how history literally whitewashed for many decades the misdeeds of General George Custer after his 1876 death at the Battle of Little Big Horn in no small part due to the determination of his widow Libbie who was only 34 at the time of his death and saddled with  very large debts from him. She proved to be a such prolific writer and speaker in the effort to glorify his legacy   that by the time of her death in 1933 (at age 91[!]), she was worth $100,000- at the height of the Depression! Essentially, history would have to wait for her death before getting more balanced views of the general (and, yes, that definitely included movie depictions of him that had been done as early as the 1910s).

• Love 2
16 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm thinking that might be the reason why you generally have to get permission from real, living people for them to be portrayed in a bio. I know that when they made the Runaways bio, Jackie Fox did not consent to having herself portrayed, so they made up a fake character named Robin and gave her next to nothing to do in the movie. (Which is a shame because Alia Shawkat is a wonderful actress.)

That’s an interesting possibility. That reminds me of that disclaimer at the end of tv shows and movies that all characters and events are fictitious. 

It can’t be true in all situations just based on those British royal family Lifetime movies. It haven’t watched them so I don’t know if it included a disclaimer.

ETA- the story behind the disclaimer is interesting. The Strange Reason Nearly Every Film Ends by Saying It’s Fiction (You Guessed It: Rasputin!)

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Dani said:

That’s an interesting possibility. That reminds me of that disclaimer at the end of tv shows and movies that all characters and events are fictitious. 

It can’t be true in all situations just based on those British royal family Lifetime movies. It haven’t watched them so I don’t know if it included a disclaimer.

ETA- the story behind the disclaimer is interesting. The Strange Reason Nearly Every Film Ends by Saying It’s Fiction (You Guessed It: Rasputin!)

Yeah, every time they play that on TCM/AMC they would mention that before the movie started they would talk about it. 

5 hours ago, Blergh said:

Interesting to ponder that methodwriter. Yes, you make a good argument as to why there likely won't be any Cobain movies that hint that she could have been less than the nicest person as long as Miss Love is breathing.

It's somewhat how history literally whitewashed for many decades the misdeeds of General George Custer after his 1876 death at the Battle of Little Big Horn in no small part due to the determination of his widow Libbie who was only 34 at the time of his death and saddled with  very large debts from him. She proved to be a such prolific writer and speaker in the effort to glorify his legacy   that by the time of her death in 1933 (at age 91[!]), she was worth $100,000- at the height of the Depression! Essentially, history would have to wait for her death before getting more balanced views of the general (and, yes, that definitely included movie depictions of him that had been done as early as the 1910s).

Unfortunately its worked too well. My friend and I went to the same high school but at one point had different history teachers. Her history teacher told them all the whitewash story about poor Custer he was a victim and how evil the Native Americans who killed him were.  I and the rest of our friends had different history teachers who told us the truth. We ended up telling our friend the truth and that everything her teacher said was a pack of lies. She was really upset over being told lies and by a history teacher. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/5/2019 at 8:20 AM, Dejana said:

Tom Hanks vs Henry Winkler on the set of Turner & Hooch!!!

https://people.com/movies/henry-winkler-addresses-tom-hank-feud-rumors/

I REALLY liked Mr. Winkler's diplomatic POV re whatever went down with Mr. Hanks! As much as I have to admit being a bit surprised that these two performers didn't hit it off (and they HAD worked together before on a Happy Days episode in which Mr. Hanks' character played a former target of Fonzie's earlier bullying who avenged himself via martial arts), it's actually a bit refreshing to learn that Mr. Hanks has a little clay in his feet! 

• Love 3

Honestly, I don't buy that Harrison Ford wasn't the immediate first pick. They might have been looking for a back up, though. I think my favorite botched audition story is Jane Seymour, who was auditioning for Meggy in The Thorn Birds mini-series. She was doing a love scene with the star, and her milk came in, dripping onto his chest. She had spent the days leading up to her audition binding her chest so the milk would drive up, because Meggy was supposed to have small breasts, so I guess they couldn't handle the stimulation of her chest pressing into his?

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Honestly, I don't buy that Harrison Ford wasn't the immediate first pick. They might have been looking for a back up, though. I think my favorite botched audition story is Jane Seymour, who was auditioning for Meggy in The Thorn Birds mini-series. She was doing a love scene with the star, and her milk came in, dripping onto his chest. She had spent the days leading up to her audition binding her chest so the milk would drive up, because Meggy was supposed to have small breasts, so I guess they couldn't handle the stimulation of her chest pressing into his?

Tom Selleck was offered the Indiana Jones role and would have had it, if not for Magnum P.I. getting picked up as a series. It does sound as though Harrison Ford was considered before that, but George Lucas was reluctant to have a sort of Scorsese/De Niro thing with Ford in all of his movies. The screen test of Selleck in the Indy outfit is on the DVDs and a bit is linked in the article. He tested with Sean Young. Tim Matheson also tested with Karen Allen, and on the commentary, Spielberg mentions Peter Coyote was one of the people they auditioned, too.

Edited by Dejana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hmm, reading the trivia page for Benny and Joon and saw that it was originally cast with Johnny Deep, Laura Dern, and Woody Harrelson. Laura Dern quit because she was a recent Oscar nominee and did not want to be third in billing and Woody's contract would have given him top billing. Then Woody Harrelson dropped out because he was offered the lead in Indecent Proposal. He was promptly slapped with a 5 million dollar lawsuit by MGM for breach of contract and had to settle out of court. I wonder if that means they were pretty close to filming when he dropped out? Eh, it worked out because I thought Aidan's performance was lovely and he and Julianne Moore looked wonderful together.

Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts were also considered for the parts, as well as Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins. Winona Ryder was attached to star, but dropped out when her relationship to Deep would've ended. She definitely would have been good casting, although I kind of wonder what Laura Dern would have done with the part.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

This got brought up earlier, but while promoting Melancholia with Kirsten Dunst, Lars Von Trier started talking about Nazis and wow, the look on her face.

He really did kill whatever chance she might have had at an Oscar nomination. Aside from that, Kirsten actually played a Holocaust victim in a movie called Devil's Arithmetic, where she plays a modern Jewish teenager who is sent back in time and lives through the nightmare of a concentration camp. Finally, she's German American, and yeah...Nazism is a pretty touch subject with Germans.

He received a 7-year ban from Cannes as a result of his comments, by the way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Ryan Lambert, an 80's child star best known for Kids Incorporated, put on his instagram that he was set to do a movie called Grounded with the now-departed director Stuart Gordon. Stuart got health issues and had to drop out of directing, and the new director hired wanted to screentest Ryan. Ryan, being a cocky child star, basically told them to fuck off. Then the movie became "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids." Ouch. My guess is that he was either going to be Russ or Ron. I don't think he would have been right for Nicky.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Ryan Lambert, an 80's child star best known for Kids Incorporated, put on his instagram that he was set to do a movie called Grounded with the now-departed director Stuart Gordon. Stuart got health issues and had to drop out of directing, and the new director hired wanted to screentest Ryan. Ryan, being a cocky child star, basically told them to fuck off. Then the movie became "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids." Ouch. My guess is that he was either going to be Russ or Ron. I don't think he would have been right for Nicky.

At least Mr. Lambert recognized his OWN part in blowing up what could have been a good role for him but Robert Oliveri who played the Szalinkski elder son (for whatever reasons) did not have that role catapult him into permanent or semi-permanent superstardom (e.g. Mackauley Culkin) so I don't think he should keep kicking himself over it. Still, it's nice that he recognized the initial director of the project he was set to be a part of! 

• Love 5

James Caan says there wont be a sequel to the hit Christmas fantasy-comedy “Elf” because headliner Will Ferrell and director Jon Favreau “didn’t get along.”

“”We were gonna do it and I thought, ‘Oh my god, I finally got a franchise movie, I could make some money, let my kids do what the hell they want to do.’ And the director and Will didn’t get along very well,” Caan told Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan’s Bull & Fox show on Friday. “So, Will wanted to do it, he didn’t want the director, and he had it in his contract, it was one of those things.”

I really liked Elf, but it's probably for the best that a sequel never happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/10/2020 at 9:15 AM, Blergh said:

At least Mr. Lambert recognized his OWN part in blowing up what could have been a good role for him but Robert Oliveri who played the Szalinkski elder son (for whatever reasons) did not have that role catapult him into permanent or semi-permanent superstardom (e.g. Mackauley Culkin) so I don't think he should keep kicking himself over it.

The only young star to come out of that franchise was Keri Russell, go figure. It wasn't even what made her famous. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Apparently  Frank Sinatra treated Marlon Brando badly during the making of "Guys and Dolls."  Not only was Sinatra miffed that the lead role of Skye Masterson went to non singer Brando, but the previous year Brando got the role that Sinatra coveted in "On the Waterfront"

To Brando's chagrin, Sinatra, instead of singing in his character's  (Nathan Detroit) strong Jewish- Bronx accent, Sinatra opted to sing the songs  in his regular romantic voice, creating "two" male lead singing roles. 

According to Fiore, a friend of Brando, Brando had his revenge as  Sinatra’s character Nathan has to eat into some cheesecake while listening to Brando’s Sky.   Brando stretched it out to  eight takes of dessert-eating, Sinatra decided enough was enough. According to Fiore, he yelled, “These f**king New York actors! How much cheesecake do you think I can eat?” before storming off the film set.

While this account is from a friend of Brando's , from so many accounts on so many movie sets Sinatra was No. 1 Asshole, with a whole entourage around him,  so I give this account the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, caracas1914 said:

Apparently  Frank Sinatra treated Marlon Brando badly during the making of "Guys and Dolls."  Not only was Sinatra miffed that the lead role of Skye Masterson went to non singer Brando, but the previous year Brando got the role that Sinatra coveted in "On the Waterfront"

I mean, yeah, Brando as the lead in 'Guys and Dolls' is kinda weird... but it's so weird that I rather dig it. But am I supposed to sit here and pretend that Sinatra could have played Terry Malloy as well as Brando? I'm not even one of those who thinks Brando is some sort of god of acting but there's a reason everyone remembers the 'I coulda been somebody' scene.

I've seen Sinatra in numerous roles but nothing I've seen suggests he could have done anything special in 'On the Waterfront.'

• Love 8
19 hours ago, caracas1914 said:

To Brando's chagrin, Sinatra, instead of singing in his character's  (Nathan Detroit) strong Jewish- Bronx accent, Sinatra opted to sing the songs  in his regular romantic voice, creating "two" male lead singing roles. 

According to Fiore, a friend of Brando, Brando had his revenge as  Sinatra’s character Nathan has to eat into some cheesecake while listening to Brando’s Sky.   Brando stretched it out to  eight takes of dessert-eating, Sinatra decided enough was enough. According to Fiore, he yelled, “These f**king New York actors! How much cheesecake do you think I can eat?” before storming off the film set.

While this account is from a friend of Brando's , from so many accounts on so many movie sets Sinatra was No. 1 Asshole, with a whole entourage around him,  so I give this account the benefit of the doubt.

Well, even Ava Gardner who considered Mr. Sinatra the love of her life summed him with "When Frankie was down, he was sweet! When he got back up again, he was Hell!"

• Love 2

Apparently, they also wrote 'Adelaide' specifically for Sinatra in the movie. Meh. Whatever. Let's be real though... the one who had the show-stopper was Stubby Kaye with 'Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat' so who's the real winner here?

Here's the thing though... I think Brando as Sky is just so much cooler. The entirety of the 'Luck Be A Lady Tonight' scene he not only sings the song well but he has this way of moving that I can honestly buy this guy as a figure of some legend among the various hoods and gamblers.

And as a funny side-note, the first time I saw this scene I had never seen the rest of the film so I didn't know that Brando was playing a character named Sky. When it got to the part where some of the others shout/sing 'Sky's turnin' yella!' I thought it meant that it was morning and they only had a limited time to be throwing dice in the BIGGEST SEWER THAT EVER EXISTED!! Even with the follow up of 'What're ya scared of?' I just thought the whole thing was about them running out of time for the craps game.

ANYWAY, basically Brando did just fine as Sky and there's no way Sinatra would have been able to play Terry Malloy anywhere close to what Brando did. My two cents.

• Love 6

I cannot imagine Sinatra playing Skye. I know Brando isn't a singer, but Sinatra would've been all wrong for the part. While I prefer actors who can actually sing in musicals, sometimes having a good voice just isn't enough. There are plenty of people with good voices, but that isn't a substitute for good acting. You still have to act while singing.

• Love 8

Not that Brando was ever a pleasant person or any kind of prize himself, but I can't imagine Sinatra playing Terry Malloy in On the Waterfront with as much depth, angst or vulnerability that Brando put into that role.  Frankly, I think it would have been considered somewhat a joke by critics and audiences and perhaps might have sunk the entire movie! 

• Love 3
On 10/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, caracas1914 said:

That was pretty hypocritical of him given his first significant movie role came in Anchors Away which he was completely unqualified for. Initially Gene Kelly was not happy to be stuck with a non-dancer just because he was a popular singer. 

Edited by Guest

Don't Worry Darling was to star Shia LaBeouf and Florence Pugh directed by Olivia Wilde.

For one reason or another, Shia left the movie before filming even started.  Shia and Olivia are putting out different versions of what happened as to why.  Shia is also in the news for having physically abused the singer FKA Twigs in their past relationship.  I believe Olivia claimed she fired him because Shia was 'scaring' Florence and being 'combative'. Shia is saying, that's a lie - I quit because we didn't have sufficient rehearsal time.

Olivia hired Harry Styles to replace Shia.

Olivia and her husband Jason Sudeikis, who have two daughters together, split up, and Olivia Wilde took up with Harry Styles during filming.

The movie just premiered at the Venice Film Festival.  Florence is only doing the promotion that she's contractually obligated to.  There is clearly tension between Florence and Olivia.  Florence will not pose with Olivia for pictures nor refer to her nor sit or stand next to her.

What I've said above, I think, are the facts.

There are also rumours.  Rumours like, Florence is mad that Olivia took up with Harry because she's friends with Jason Sudeikis and because Olivia was neglecting her directing duties and Florence had to take over.  

The movie is supposedly not good.  Apparently Florence is upset about being sexualized in the movie and how the movie is being marketed (as sex forward).

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
On 9/11/2022 at 1:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Don't Worry Darling was to star Shia LaBeouf and Florence Pugh directed by Olivia Wilde.

For one reason or another, Shia left the movie before filming even started.  Shia and Olivia are putting out different versions of what happened as to why.  Shia is also in the news for having physically abused the singer FKA Twigs in their past relationship.  I believe Olivia claimed she fired him because Shia was 'scaring' Florence and being 'combative'. Shia is saying, that's a lie - I quit because we didn't have sufficient rehearsal time.

Olivia and her husband Jason Sudeikis, who have two daughters together, split up, and Olivia Wilde took up with Harry Styles during filming.

The movie just premiered at the Venice Film Festival.  Florence is only doing the promotion that she's contractually obligated to.  There is clearly tension between Florence and Olivia.  Florence will not pose with Olivia for pictures nor refer to her nor sit or stand next to her.

There are also rumours.  Rumours like, Florence is mad that Olivia took up with Harry because she's friends with Jason Sudeikis and because Olivia was neglecting her directing duties and Florence had to take over.  

The movie is supposedly not good.  Apparently Florence is upset about being sexualized in the movie and how the movie is being marketed (as sex forward).

Thank you!

On 9/11/2022 at 2:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

They were never married and have a son and a daughter.

On 1/23/2015 at 12:46 PM, blixie said:

I also remember when Penelope Ann Miller was in Carlito's Way, apparently Al Pacino had an affair with her on set, only to end it when the shoot was over and return to his longtime lade friend Laurel something or other, and it was a little shocking because PAM was kind of the Annie Hathaway of her day, but anyway Miller made a HUGE scene at the films premier, in an I'm not gonna be IGNORED (minus the bunnies) kind of way and I'm still not sure that's not why her career went off the rails. 

Penelope Ann Miller is having a bit of a moment right now playing Dahmer's mother in the Ryan Murphy Netflix series about him. If she can capitalize this into some good parts, I'm thrilled for her. Say what you will about Ryan Murphy but he does have a way of rejuvenating the careers of women over the age of 40.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2022 at 10:44 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

You kind of wonder if in another universe PAM was more discrete and Carlito's Way was actually a stepping stone for her to play better parts in more prestigious movies. Or at the very least, maybe getting to be in Batman instead of a cheap comic book knockoff. I mean, Batman Forever is still Batman, right?

She has seemed to have been content to be a working actress while raising her family. We'll find out soon enough if Ryan Murphy wants to use her again.

• Love 1

There's speculation that Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell are hooking up on the set of their romantic comedy. Of course, I really would take all this with a grain of salt because they are trying to sell a movie. 

Kind of reminds me of the Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper stuff a few years back, but that didn't turn out to be real. Or, at least, a public relationship.

I mean, if it's true, at least there aren't kids involved here in this case.