Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E14: Murder In Pinyon Pines

photo fox
  • Start Topic

I was disappointed that the DA dropped the case, but I guess that's better than getting an acquittal if the 2 suspects are guilty.  There was some circumstantial evidence there, but I think the main problem is the cops didn't do as much as they could have at the outset of the investigation.

Did the dad of the murdered girl look familiar to anyone else?  I could swear he was on another true crime show in the past for another case, but I just can't place him.

• Love 2

More details, saying that the charges may have just been brought up for political reasons: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/10/09/pinyon-pines-triple-slaying-murder-case-riverside-county-california/16989059/

The pyro thing was really grasping at straws with me.  I mean, these were teen guys who hunted and lived in the desert, no doubt they had bonfires and stuff like that.  Unless they had a bunch of arson convictions in the past, the idea that they were pyros seemed like blaming it on rock music, to me.

Another thing, while I understand the motivation, the reward money billboard was in extremely poor taste.  Billboards like that would offend me if I saw them with my hypothetical kids more than anything sexual.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

I was hoping they would show the alleged phone records of 100 plus phone calls. Supposedly, he had called her while she was on vacation with her girlfriend. Not that it in anyway proves he was a murderer but I would like to have seen the reaction of the mother & sister of the defendant. Interesting case with no clear ending. Granted, the charges were dropped but something tells me they (the male defendants) know a lot more then they let on.

I thought it seemed possible that these two guys did it, perhaps even probable- but based on only what was shown in this episode, I would have reasonable doubt. I agree the ball was dropped early on- they mentioned searching their houses a year after the murders- why were they not on the radar much, much earlier??

• Love 1

It bothered me that the murder of Becky's mom and her mom's boyfriend barely seemed to matter, the way the story was told on this show.  Every now and then it was like the editors remembered to throw in a little tidbit to remind viewers that oh yeah, 3 innocent people were killed, not just the young girl.