Type keyword(s) to search

The Judges: Alyssa, Georgina & Isaac

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I kept reading this over and over as “...some twink in ASS!” You know, like ASS! The Musical. 

All Stars 5 (AS5)! I know it looked like ASS, but it isn't even though Sam is one! lol! ;-)

• Love 1

I saw Alyssa on two morning shows today (GMA and Live with Kelly and Ryan) and she looked great on both of them.  Project Runway must have had their stylist(s) style her because when she appears elsewhere she looks good.  Flattering hairstyle and clothes.  They must not like her on the show to style her so horribly.

• Love 1

After reading your comments I now demand a challenge where the designers have to dress short curvy women. There is no reason that someone as attractive as Alyssa should look as horrible as she often does on this show.

• Love 7
(edited)

Alyssa wrote a letter to Georgia’s governor and speaker of the house regarding their latest anti-abortion bill HB 481, which would ban most abortions six weeks after conception.

She and 50 other actors signed a statement saying that they will not film projects in the state if the bill passes. You can view the letter here.

The list of actors who signed includes Amy Schumer, Amber Tamblyn, Alec Baldwin, Don Cheadle, Rosie O’Donnell, Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman, Essence Atkins, Uzo Aduba, Gabrielle Union, Christina Applegate, Ben Stiller, Sean Penn, David Cross, Mia Farrow, Colin Hanks, and Bradley Whitford.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 1
On 3/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, qtpye said:

After reading your comments I now demand a challenge where the designers have to dress short curvy women. There is no reason that someone as attractive as Alyssa should look as horrible as she often does on this show.

I think she looked better on this season of PRAS than she looked in any of the previous seasons.  It was really striking to me too, since she looked so consistently and bafflingly terrible before.  Too bad the whole franchise took a tumble thanks to Georgina's ex.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Alyssa wrote a letter to Georgia’s governor and speaker of the house regarding their latest anti-abortion bill HB 481, which would ban most abortions six weeks after conception.

She and 50 other actors signed a statement saying that they will not film projects in the state if the bill passes. You can view the letter here.

The list of actors who signed includes Amy Schumer, Amber Tamblyn, Alec Baldwin, Don Cheadle, Rosie O’Donnell, Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman, Essence Atkins, Uzo Aduba, Gabrielle Union, Christina Applegate, Ben Stiller, Sean Penn, David Cross, Mia Farrow, Colin Hanks, and Bradley Whitford.

Fine with me if they don’t come to my home state for any reason whatsoever.

• Love 5

It would be interesting to see if any of them have ever filmed in Georgia or even been in Georgia.  Otherwise their boycott doesn't really mean anything (i.e. "we will continue to not ever go to Georgia").

10 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It would be interesting to see if any of them have ever filmed in Georgia or even been in Georgia.  Otherwise their boycott doesn't really mean anything (i.e. "we will continue to not ever go to Georgia").

That's not necessarily true. If any one of them gets hired for a future project and then there are any parts that will be filmed in Georgia, they could go to the producers and say that they want to shoot somewhere else. Depending on how badly the producers want to keep them involved in the project, they could just as easily shoot somewhere else.

For example, if All Stars were still being produced with the old crew and the producers wanted to do some sort of travel in an episode (which I know they've done on past seasons of PR for various challenges, like when they flew the designers to Paris during S3), Alyssa could tell them she didn't want to film in Georgia and unless the producers had a very specific reason for going there (like the sponsor's headquarters wer located there), I would imagine they would just choose a different location.

And if anyone who signed the letter produces any shows or movies in the future, they could decide to shoot the entire project anywhere but Georgia.

Even if they've never shot anything in Georgia before, they could prevent future projects from filming there which is money that the state could be making and will go into another state's pockets.

(edited)

The film industry in Georgia is huge. Last year it topped California in film production and was second only to Canada.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/08/13/georgia-no-longer-no-1-in-feature-film-production.html

Lots of Netflix filming is done in Georgia and apparently that includes the show Insatiable which Alyssa is in. She is contractually obligated to finish filming the current season (can’t find the source for that now). 

In October 2018, she also said she would sacrifice her role in that project if the GOP “stole” the election https://www.peoplemagazine.co.za/celebrity-news/international-celebrities/alyssa-milano-would-sacrifice-insatiable-role-if-georgia-election-is-stolen/

Stacy Abrams still is claiming she won the election 

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqOQgKIjNDQklTSURvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoTUtFUWkyMFBqa2pZQU1FWGxHLV8wZnBleVJLQUFQAQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

I don’t want to get into politics, but the results of the election say otherwise and has been investigated thoroughly, but some do not feel that way. It was a very close election.

Alyssa Milano and others said Hollywood would boycott Georgia if the GOP stole the election. However, they kept filming here after the election.  Stacey Abrams implored them not too, which I think is commendable. Maybe that’s why, maybe not. (Just an aside, a number of actors said they would move out of the country if Trump won the election, but they didn’t).

While I’m personally not happy about this bill, I’m am also unhappy about the new Virginia law that allows third trimester abortion up to the moment of birth.

However, I will not punish the residents of Virginia by not visiting there and spending my money on products made there.

I am not a fan of organized boycotts in general (that’s just me). I have personally boycotted companies with my pocketbook.

People like Alyssa have a right to boycott and protest - we have freedom of speech in this country, they also have the freedom to move film production to other states if they so chose. It will put a lot of women, including minority women, out of work in this state.

Edited by Stats Queen
Took out my personal rant (although it was beautifully written if I say so myself)
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2015 at 1:25 PM, AdorkableWitch said:

The more I watch this show, the more I wonder who Alyssa pissed off in wardrobe. 

I came here to say Season 6 Allstars/Miszrahi Madness she looked just like Gladys Kravitz in the store....