Type keyword(s) to search

Hart Of Dixie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hot damn at that promo.  Wade, you are ridonkulously hot.  Go get him Zoey!

I hope they will get together  before the last episode.  They sparkle as much together as they do when they are snarking/wooing.

Also, hee on Lavon and George's reaction to Lemon and her new beau.

I cannot WAIT for for the premiere.

Hart of Dixie season premiere will now air Mon., Dec. 15 at 8 pm ET/PT @cwhartofdixie

The CW Bumps Up HART OF DIXIE’s Premiere Date

HART OF DIXIE’s premiere will now launch a bit earlier than planned: The CW announced that the Rachel Bilson-led series will now air its season premiere on Monday, December 15th at 8 PM. (The show will air on Fridays starting in 2015.) Here’s what The CW has to say about the change… “The CW announced an early holiday gift for HART OF DIXIE fans, with the season premiere to debut Monday, December 15 (8:00-9:00 pm ET), leading into the Fall finale of The CW’s critically acclaimed new comedy, JANE THE VIRGIN (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET). Rachel Bilson leads a stellar ensemble cast in this fish-out-of-water comedic drama about small-town living, big city attitudes, and complicated love triangles, set in quirky BlueBell, Alabama. After a brief hiatus, HART OF DIXIE will return again in January in its regular time period, Friday, January 9 (8:00-9:00pm ET).” - See more at: http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2014/11/25/the-cw-bumps-up-hart-of-dixies-premiere-date/#sthash.QPMR1hZf.dpuf

• Love 2

I want Lavon to have a happy ending.  In a perfect world, AB would be his first choice.  She's the only one that he ever fit with organically, without feeling storyline dictated.  AB also deserves to be happy and I'd hate to see her as his second choice.  She was such a minor character at first but I want her to be happy above anyone else.

I'd like to see Lavon and Lemon choose each other, and realize they were holding one another on a pedestal. I want Lavon to get his "dream girl," and then realize that AB is his real dream girl. 

• Love 2

Zoe is happy that Wade has decided to stay in town, but struggles to get him to notice her romantic gestures; someone from Brick's past pays him a visit; Lavon and George want the same thing.

• Love 1

Casting scoop.

Anything on Hart of Dixie? –Hannah

You may already know that in the Dec. 15 season opener, Zoe goes after Wade, Lemon returns early from her cruise and there’s a surprise visitor for Brick. But beyond that, Mircea Monroe’s Tansy is coming back, in Episode 6! But with that comes some bad news for certain ‘shippers. “I don’t feel like there’s still a hope for Tansy and George,” creator Leila Gerstein reveals. “She’s back in a completely platonic capacity, but for a really important storyline. She’ll also get her own version of happiness this year.”

http://tvline.com/2014/12/10/nashville-season-3-spoilers-hayden-panettiere-maternity-leave/

'Hart of Dixie' EP Leila Gerstein: Season 4 is 'For the Fans'

Edited by Artsda

Oh Wade, how I have missed you.

Zoey. I get that you are being all noble and stuff, but I still want to smack you upside the head.  I hope they don't wait all ten episodes to get together.

"Reverse Parent Trapped."  Ha!

Nice to see Crazy Earl being happy and being an actual Dad.  I like his and Wade's relationship.

I look forward to more Lemon and George and Lavon.  Is it January yet?

• Love 3

Rachel Bilson looks HOT pregnant! So happy that this show is back, it's like a warm hug from an old friend :) I hope she and Wade don't drag this out too long, I want to see them together and working out their issues. Loving Crazy Earl now that he's sober. 

• Love 9

Now I feel bad for Wade again.  I hate the back and forth that they keep putting us through with Wade and Zoe.  Either put them together for real or let it go.  Why wouldn't Zoe see Wade showing up at her door as a sign that he could be trusted with the news that he is going to be a father.  Its a really small town, he's going to find out sooner or later.  Hopefully sooner.

I also dislike Lavon and George fighting over Lemon again.  Don't they have any other storylines that they could give the two of them? 

I am glad that the show is back again, I hope that the pairing it has with Jane the Virgin continues in January when it returns.

• Love 1

Seriously. I shipped Lemon and Levon for the first season but now it feels like a long, long time ago.

And I am so going to be pissed if Lavon moons all over Lemon all season only to go back to AB when Lemon picks George.

• Love 3

There are false positives on pregnancy tests, aren't there?

I think with those pharmacy store bought tests, yes. However the blood tests by the doctor I think would be confirmed results.

Having Zoe try all that with Wade, just to have him open his heart to her to have her slam the door in his face doesn't make her endearing. 

• Love 3

I think with those pharmacy store bought tests, yes. However the blood tests by the doctor I think would be confirmed results.

Having Zoe try all that with Wade, just to have him open his heart to her to have her slam the door in his face doesn't make her endearing. 

I think I can give Zoe a pass for right now... she's spent 8 weeks  avoiding Wade and probably trying to figure out how to get over him/past what had happened and the idea that he could never trust her enough to give them a chance... and then to just find out that she was pregnant, followed by the added shock of him showing up at her door... I could qualify that as overwhelming and giver her a little time to figure out what to do.

Up until he showed up, I'm sure she was freaking out about what he was going to say/think about them having a baby when he didn't really want anything close to an emotional attachment to her. It will be interesting to see how they play this.

I know it needs to be "eight weeks later" to account for Rachel's more advanced state of pregnancy but it's kind of weird that a DOCTOR would take so long to figure out what's gone quirky in her own body. Also, running her own blood under Lemon's name? I know the blood test is the most accurate test but those over the counter ones are pretty reliable, just pee on a stick like the rest of us.

I want to know what this Henry guy's own set of problems is that he needs Lemon to pose as his girlfriend just as much as she needs him.

Edited by kariyaki

Thanks for filling in the blanks--I feel stupid.  I must have totally missed/not been paying close enough attention to know it was Zoe that was pregnant.  Duh.  I understand her reaction to Wade much more now.

I'm in NY and it aired last night.  The show has been pre-empted in the past for football, but not last night.

Supposedly per Leila Gershon, this season is for the fans, and there will be
no triangles..etc  Supposedly by episode 3 we will know where Lemon's
feelings lie.

Also, I don't think we will have to wait long for Zoe
and Wade to get together.  This season will be focused on them developing
their relationship.

I wish the ending would've been slightly different, but I'm sure Zoe was shocked and in panic mode, so I can give her a pass for telling Wade "no."  Wade had turned her down repeatedly.  I can see Zoe getting scared that he's finally willing to give them a shot, but if she told him she was pregnant he might've walked away.    Which I can see him doing, but temporarily.  I think he would want to be there and provide a stable life for his child, which he didn't really have with drunk Earl.

I love Earl playing matchmaker and that he's sober and happy.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 2

I can understand why Zoe freaked out. Not only is she pregnant, with Wade playing hot and cold, but after that seduction there's a good chance Wade might think she got pregnant on purpose to trap him. It's an awkward and ugly situation.

Hated the firefighting plot, except how Cricket found herself someone. Too long, too tediously inept. A total waste of Lavon and George.

Is it just me, or was this episode more garish than usual? The makeup was all fluorescent lipstick and too-heavy eyeliner, the firefighting lack of skills "comedy" was too ham-handed and overdone, the fighting between George and Lavon was like the writers couldn't be bothered to script a more detailed and clever conflict so they were half-heartedly ad-libbing a fight. George and Lavon are usually more articulate and witty, even (or especially) when they're mad.

Loved Lemon's return and her new fake beau. He's delightful. Why doesn't she want him for real? What's his issue that he needs a fake girlfriend? I'm more invested in this character who will probably disappear within two episodes than in any of our main characters' storylines at the moment. Hey, maybe AB would like Henry. She deserves a Happily Ever After.

• Love 1

It was good watching this again.  Sort of like seeing old friends.  I know that the show can be corny and lame at times, but it's a refreshing change of pace from most of the shows that I watch, which are dramas that can be heavy on the violence and angst. 

That deep/bright red lipstick did not look good on Rachel Bilson.  Maybe it was due to the lighting as the previous poster mentioned.

• Love 2

Is it just me, or was this episode more garish than usual? The makeup was all fluorescent lipstick and too-heavy eyeliner, the firefighting lack of skills "comedy" was too ham-handed and overdone, the fighting between George and Lavon was like the writers couldn't be bothered to script a more detailed and clever conflict so they were half-heartedly ad-libbing a fight. George and Lavon are usually more articulate and witty, even (or especially) when they're mad.

Zoe's orange lipstick was so jarring that i kept having to rewind because i couldn't stop staring at it. Lemon had a bad pink on as well.

When Zoe shut the door in Wade's face my heart broke for him. Much like it broke for her at Towanda's wedding when she realized he cheated.

I like the Cricket storyline. Hilarious that Stanley isn't gay, and just "loves the ladies"!! I loved the Belle meeting. I know it's a stereotype, but those pink Elle Woods-wannabes crack me up.

I want Meatball to find true love.

My love for this show cannot be overstated.  (ETA because when one uses hyperbole and means OVERSTATED, one should not defeat one's enthusiasm by using "understated." argh. <headslap> )

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 1

Am I misremembering, or did AB say something last season about knowing what she wanted and that she was going after it? (along with everybody else) Wasn't that the reason she dumped wierd shoe collection guy??

I liked her with Lavon, but not after him being all about Lemon, AB would be second choice, which I don't want for her... but who else is there? Unless AB has some other secret guy that she's always been in love with?? Or I'm making things up since everyone last season made some sweeping declaration about going after the right person they were in love with...

I think the doctor guy also had a pushy mother/gmother in his background.

Lemon said that but she also said he additionally had his own "set of problems," which I can't imagine what they'd be.

Lavon and George were really spectacularly off their game this week. Their advice to Zoe was the worst. Sure, guys in general and Wade in particular may like sex, but there's no reason he's going to buy the cow when you're offering free milkshakes, as Grandma Breeland pointed out belatedly. Especially someone with a solid history of disconnecting sex and love/commitment, like Wade.

If she really wanted to go that route, she should have got him all het up and then had a "doctor emergency" or something and had to leave and left him high and dry. Still fairly stupid, but not "how did this woman get through med school" stupid.

I'm so glad this show it back.

I was super slow last night because I really thought they were going to make Lemon pregnant too. I was trying to figure out how they were going to handle two pregnancy storylines (3 if you count Wanda) and how the writers  missed their chance with Lemon last season since Jaime King was really pregnant.

Tom and Wanda are still adorable and I'd watch a spinoff about them or Cricket or AB.

Good for Earl getting sober and getting a girlfriend who seems lovely.

Poor Wade. Just poor, poor, hot, Wade.

• Love 3

Grandma Breeland is an old bat with antiquated and stupid ideas, but it's still true for both men and women that using sex to try to get something that sex won't get you is a bad plan. Am I misremembering, or did Wade also try that once before? And it didn't work for him, either, because Zoe was all, "well, that was fun but I still don't trust you." Or did that only happen in my faulty memory?

I've missed this show, but I thought something was off about it, too. Including the makeup on Zoe.

One of my favourite parts was the Belle meeting, when Cricket said that discovering she was gay, was like the time she realized that she didn't look good in yellow, and they all nodded/understood.

• Love 8

I do miss this show but don't know if I could stomach a season of whining pregnant Zoe and the on again/ off again stuff with Wade. Over it.

Same with Lavon going after Lemon when him and AB were so good together. I will give it another episode or two but I may be done with it unless it gets less cliche.

Okay - I love this show, and when it's over I'm going to miss these characters so damn much.  But sometimes I have to just SMH while I watch.  I just could not get past Wade's "I can't trust you" storyline.  It makes NO freaking sense to me that the guy who DID THE CHEATING is the one acting like he was betrayed.  It caused so much cognitive dissonance for me that I almost couldn't keep watching. 

Don't get me wrong... I'm rooting for Wade and Zoe to get thier shit together and BE TOGETHER... I've been on the Zade train since episode one... but I kept asking Mr. Chairman Meow if I was mis-remembering things. 

He cheated on her... but she's the one that's not trustworthy?  Because Wad declared his everlasting love for her and she started dating someone else anyway?  How is that an indicator of HER trustworthiness?  She didn't owe him anything... and while I was hella pissed when she rolled back into town with JOEL(?!?!) I never felt like she 'betrayed' Wade...she just met someone else (someone the show told me was) sweet and kind and trustworthy and that appealed to her.  And while she was dating this guy, Wade totally got involved in a committed relationship himself... WITH HER COUSIN! 

It just makes NO SENSE to me that he's the injured party in this.  I know that lots of people have lots of problems with Zoe and see her as the most selfish bitch ever... but I just can't see how she's the bad guy in this one. 

Help?

• Love 8

There was a lot of in-between after the cheating. There wasn't just he cheated and then she showed up with Joel.  Zoe still slept with him after that cheating, Wade had changed after the cheating, Wade went after her to declare his love after the cheating, she left town after the cheating and then moved Joel there. Zoe spent an entire season with Joel, treating Wade badly, even purchasing a house to live with Joel  in. She'd still be with Joel had it not been for his job to LA probably. Then in the finale episode of the season, Zoe's going to suddenly declare she loves and wants Wade just when he was leaving town.

Why would Wade trust or believe in Zoe's feelings? That is why she's the one that needs to prove herself. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

I tend to agree with Chairman Meow.  While I get that Zoe also hurt Wade, she did so while not being able to go back to him with her own hurt. Yes she slept with him after the cheating, but she couldn't go back to dating because she didn't trust him.  And yes, he drove across the state for her, but again, she couldn't trust that he'd changed because it really hadn't been that long and, at that point, there wasn't much for Zoe to go on other than Wade saying it.  So Wade blaming Zoe for those two instances seems a lot like blaming her for not baing able to trust on his timeline.  And falling for someone else, Joel, was not something Zoe did to him.  It was a choice she made for herself (probably partly as a reaction to what happend with Wade).

By the time Zoe really got to see that Wade had in fact changed, it was after she was already with Joel and Wade was dating her cousing and being the guy in that relationship he wasn't able to be for Zoe.  That  was when Zoe really had an opportunity to appreciate how he'd worked through his issues and was really being a better boyfriend, in the context of him dating someone else. 

So I'm really not seeing the big betrayal by Zoe that is supposed to justify this parity in needing to regain trust.  I get that the writers want Zoe to have to go through the same kind of proving herself that Wade went though, but really it's not the same.  Zoe is not a great person and can be selfish and annoying, but she was not those things to Wade.  She was actually a pretty good girlfriend once they really got together (and  got George 100% out of her system, but that was a known hurdle for him when he decided to pursue her and ended early).  She really doesn't have the kind of track record to forgive that Wade had.

Yes, Zoe hurt him, but it was only in the context of not being able to forgive him right away. She never claimed to be ready before she made her announcement to him.  So Wade being gun shy wasn't about anything that he should have had to learn to trust Zoe over, but just that he got burned once (due mostly to his own actions) and was scared to get burned again.  Which is fair, so lng as he realizes it wasn't Zoe that lit the match.

That's why Earl's advise was perfect (even if framed in the show's theme of learning to trust Zoe) since he was mostly talking about love being worth the risk regardless of who might screw it up.

• Love 7

But isn't that essentially what Wade did?  After he cheated he felt bad (briefly... I thought that he got over feeling bad pretty quickly), decided to 'change' (again, I felt like the show really lacked exploring that) and then raced to stop Zoe from leaving town with a declaration of love.  I got the impression that her sleeping with him was what made her decide to leave town... she saw it as a mistake and not a new beginning.  And and don't really recall her making any promises to him before she left. 

I hate that the show had her send a "I'm gone for good" email, that was stupid  (sometimes I feel like the show wants the audience to actively dislike Zoe... which just doesn't make sense for the titular character) and I hated that she showed back up with Joel... but I also felt that a lot of her 'treating Wade badly' was a result of still being hurt by the way their relationship ended... and while you and I and everyone who watches this show understands that Wade's devil-may-care attitude is all a big cover for his squishy Zoe shaped heart... he has his own issues with treating Zoe badly when he's trying to protect himself.  

I also have to return to the fact that while Zoe was with Joel, Wade developed a pretty significant relationship with Vivian and seemed to be completely over Zoe. 

I'm not saying that Wade doesn't have his reasons for mistrusting the depth of Zoe's feelings... what I have a problem with is that Zoe's flaws and mistakes are being magnified and Wade's are being decidedly dialed back.  

For me (and this is a ymmv, obviously) Wade's betrayal was much bigger and would be the bigger hurdle for me to get past in trying to re-establish a relationship with someone. 

ETF: because all the Zoey's in my real life spell their name with the Y.  Sorry Zoe. 

Edited by Chairman Meow
  • Love 5

I agree with your sentiments as well Chairman Meow.  I didn't understand Wade's not being able to trust Zoey comment.

Also, Zoey didn't return to Bluebell with Joel.  She came back alone temporarily to tie up some loose ends, which ended up taking a long time.  I can't remember what it was.  They wanted to buy a place in NY and needed Brick's recommendation letter?  Was that it?  Then once Zoey ended up staying in Bluebell a little bit longer, Joel just showed up on his own.  Zoey did not invite him.

Yeah, the whole Zoey sending everyone an email letting them know she wasn't coming back was stupid.

Edited by DkNNy79
Okay - I love this show, and when it's over I'm going to miss these characters so damn much. But sometimes I have to just SMH while I watch. I just could not get past Wade's "I can't trust you" storyline. It makes NO freaking sense to me that the guy who DID THE CHEATING is the one acting like he was betrayed. It caused so much cognitive dissonance for me that I almost couldn't keep watching.

Don't get me wrong... I'm rooting for Wade and Zoe to get thier shit together and BE TOGETHER... I've been on the Zade train since episode one... but I kept asking Mr. Chairman Meow if I was mis-remembering things.

He cheated on her... but she's the one that's not trustworthy? Because Wad declared his everlasting love for her and she started dating someone else anyway? How is that an indicator of HER trustworthiness? She didn't owe him anything... and while I was hella pissed when she rolled back into town with JOEL(?!?!) I never felt like she 'betrayed' Wade...she just met someone else (someone the show told me was) sweet and kind and trustworthy and that appealed to her. And while she was dating this guy, Wade totally got involved in a committed relationship himself... WITH HER COUSIN!

It just makes NO SENSE to me that he's the injured party in this. I know that lots of people have lots of problems with Zoe and see her as the most selfish bitch ever... but I just can't see how she's the bad guy in this one.

End quote...

For me, I don't think that Wade difficulty trusting Zoe is supposed to mean that he was hurt worse by her than she by him. I think it's more that, for Wade, it was the first time he had EVER put his heart on the line. Zoe was his first love and he ruined the relationship by cheating and when he made his big declaration is was the hugest effort he had ever made and the most vulnerable he had ever let himself be with anyone. When Zoe didn't take him back, he was completely crushed. Zoe and his feelings for Zoe and the power she has to devastate him scare the hell out of him.

Edited by angelwoody
  • Love 3

For me, I don't think that Wade difficulty trusting Zoe is supposed to mean that he was hurt worse by her than she by him. I think it's more that, for Wade, it was the first time he had EVER put his heart on the line. Zoe was his first love and he ruined the relationship by cheating and when he made his big declaration is was the hugest effort he had ever made and the most vulnerable he had ever let himself be with anyone. When Zoe didn't take him back, he was completely crushed. Zoe and his feelings for Zoe and the power she has to devastate him scare the hell out of him.

And if it had been presented that way, it would have grated less.  This is sort of what I was getting at, what Wade is really gun shy about is love, not loving Zoe.  But it was presented as not trusting Zoe not to hurt him as if she had done something to him that made her actions unreliable.  Once they got together post the George crap and actually acknowledged their full dating statue, she was never less than honest with him and supportive.  He reacted to the pressure of her girlfriend status and perceived pressure to be worthy of her (all she was really doing was wishing well for him to attain his goal of owing his own business) by cheating.

That she couldn't forgive him on his time table and hurt him when he made his big declaration is not her fault.  Wade's issue shouldn't have been framed as not being able to trust Zoe, but rather being afraid of putting himself out there again and not trusting love. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

Agreed as well with the whole "Wade needs to trust Zoe again" plot. It's like the show is conveniently forgetting or just straight up ignoring that Wade was the one who cheated on Zoe in the first place and that's why afterwards she wouldn't really let him in again and bailed.

I mean I don't mind the cheating in this instance so much, they did a good job of building up to it and exploring it, but just because it happened a while ago doesn't mean it never did! All this "Zoe needs to prove herself to Wade, so he can open his heart to her again, blahblahblah" feels like rewriting history to paint him in a better light. Which isn't necessary, because he never came off all that terrible in the first place, so I don't get the need to make Zoe the bad guy in the break-up when she clearly only reacted to what Wade had done.

• Love 1

I'm having technical difficulties on my iPad. But I think that for Wade, love and love with Zoe are one and the same. Because it's only ever really been her.

I think that is probably true.  My issues with it is that the show framed it as being an issue with Zoe's actions specifically as if she had done something to him that required forgiveness.  Even Zoe seemed to accept fault and I just don't think that is fair or accurate. 

Agreed as well with the whole "Wade needs to trust Zoe again" plot. It's like the show is conveniently forgetting or just straight up ignoring that Wade was the one who cheated on Zoe in the first place and that's why afterwards she wouldn't really let him in again and bailed.

I mean I don't mind the cheating in this instance so much, they did a good job of building up to it and exploring it, but just because it happened a while ago doesn't mean it never did! All this "Zoe needs to prove herself to Wade, so he can open his heart to her again, blahblahblah" feels like rewriting history to paint him in a better light. Which isn't necessary, because he never came off all that terrible in the first place, so I don't get the need to make Zoe the bad guy in the break-up when she clearly only reacted to what Wade had done.

I agree.  The writing seems writing seemed to be aiming at creating some kind of parity in their actions as if Zoe and Wade's actions and the respective positions after were equal and that simply isn't true.  It's like the writers realized that Wade cheating was a bigger issue for Zade as a couple than they intended and they want to somehow pretend that he wasn't the bigger ass.  And their solution was to act like Zoe's failure to take him back when he made his big declaration was a comparable betrayal.  It isn't in my opinion.

I want Zade together, but I would prefer the writers work to show Wade is a better man (which they have mostly done) rather than pretend Zoe was just as bad.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2