Type keyword(s) to search

Hart Of Dixie - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Lavon is the star of my own personal "I am not a crackpot" theory : while he is a vital part of the landscape of Bluebell, Alabama, I would really love to see him become the new head of the parks department in Pawnee, Indiana after Leslie moves on to bigger things. His qualifications for the job are as follows:

1. Endless dapperness would impress Tom, making him a loyal part of the Hayes administration;
  2. Incredible daily spread of breakfast foods would bond him immediately to one Ron Swanson; indeed, Lavon may be the only person in the world who has too much bacon and eggs for Ron to handle;
  3. Past success on the football field, plus general all-around handsomeness, would, I think, favorably impress Donna Meagle;
  4. Years of gentle interaction with the wacky townfolk of Bluebell have prepared him to become the first person in the history of the parks department to gently deal with Jerry; in fact, he might even give Jerry his real name back.
  5. Love of animals, in the person of his pet alligator Burt Reynolds, would endear him to April;
  6. His devotion and endless support to the people of Bluebell is practically Knopian.

Really, the only flaw is that Lavon was radically opposed to the Bluebell/Filmore merger (which, granted was more of a hostile takeover of Filmore's part), so he might need to come around a little bit on the whole Pawnee/Eagleton thing. BUT, apart from that, Lavon is currently the best character on tv to succeed Leslie Knope.

</I am not a crackpot>

• Love 1

Right? I don't understand that. I'm totally Team George, all the way. Are there no women in Bluebell who'd want to spend the weekend watching a marathon of Don Todd's Monster Golf Safari with a handsome, successful, charming lawyer? What the heck, women of Bluebell?

Seems like there are a lot of women who want to do that, but none of them stick around. I'm Team George, himself, but not with Zoe. I don't feel the chemistry there at all, and seeing them kiss actually makes me cringe. I kind of like the idea of him and Lemon doing individual growth arcs and finding their way back to each other someday. Or, hey, AB is single again...

True - I should have specified that my Team George affiliation is based on liking to see that particular character on my television screen, and not at all on any romantical shenanigans he might get up to with Zoe Hart. I do like the idea of he and Lemon ultimately ending up together, but happily.

• Love 1
Zoe is secretly thrilled to get undivided attention from her mother; Brick asks Lavon for help planning a party to celebrate Lemon's return; George is roped into assisting Magnolia.
Zoe and Joel are frustrated by all the snags they keep running into while trying to remodel their new home. Rose persuades Lavon to agree that BlueBell will be sister cities with a town in France. Lemon convinces George to help her out with a business venture, but in order for things to go smoothly, Wade has to play peacemaker. Meanwhile, Brick sees an opportunity to become BlueBell's Man of the Year, but he soon discovers he has some tough competition.

Originally aired: April 4, 2014.

I'm a season or two backlogged.  Does she still hate the show's protagonist to an irrational degree? (and usually refer to her by her full name and never just her first name or use her honorific, "Doctor")

Oh, Zoe. Someday you will realize that all of your instincts are wrong.

The male population of that little town probably appreciates the shorts, even if it seems like a bad way to actually get any respect from them.

Short version: no and yes. Longer version: they're still not best friends, but they are friendly and Lemon is no longer out to get Zoe. But she still does call her Zoe Hart most of the time. But so do a lot of people on the show--it rolls right off the tongue!

I knew that Zoe and Joel wouldn't be endgame, but their breakup was still sad and I felt sorry for Zoe. It was good to see so many people from the town come to Zoe's house to let her know that they care and try to cheer her up.

Now I'm not sure who she will end up with since Wade and Vivian seem to be in a good relationship and now George and Lemon look like they're getting back together.  Maybe George and Lemon will come to realize that they shouldn't be together after all, and he'll get back with Zoe.

I haven't read yet if Hart of Dixie has been renewed for next year.  I know that it's in danger of cancellation.  It's just a bit of fluff, and I won't miss it greatly if it's gone, but I like having a few lighthearted breaks since most of the shows I watch are dramas, and many of them are heavy on the violence.

• Love 1

Well, in a not-good sign, a friend of mine who edits for HoD is out of a job as of this past week...I haven't asked about it because I don't want to pry, but it made me doubt the chances for a return.

I think that Cress Williams is one of the most underrated actors on TV these days. I find it amazing that a man of his physical presence can disappear into his roles. He was a gang banger on NYPD Blue, Bailey's long suffering boyfriend on Grey's Anatomy, the quarterback's sleazy father on Friday Night Lights and now as the mayor of Blue Belle. He seems as comfortable doing comedy as he is doing intense drama.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this episode. I will miss Joel tremendously, and, while I understand he was not a popular character with most HoD fans, it was nice to see that the other residents of Bluebell did like having him around. I'm glad he won the Man of the Year contest, and I like to think that he has a subscription to Dash's blog, and so he knows he won. Joelle forever!

I do like the idea of George & Lemon together, but their pre-hookup bickering was really annoying. Also, if George is now with Lemon, then who was in the suit of armor with AB at the end of the last episode? Mysterious.

I will be really sad if this show gets cancelled. It's so sweet. A terrible companion to Hannibal (which I watch afterwards), but just so charming.

TVByTheNumbers still has this as a certain renewal, for what it's worth.

I didn't like Joel originally but I started to warm up to him at some point, so I was sorry they wrote him off. I guess this show is going to be just as stubborn as How I Met Your Mother and whoever they envisioned as endgame will by God be endgame, no matter how little sense it makes.

Huh, I'm really surprised that it might be renewed! Especially because this episode certainly felt like the writers scrambling to move pieces into position. I mean, how much time elapsed in this one episode? I wasn't paying especially close attention, but I know it was at least a month because of the missed visits. Was it longer? Two months? When Zoe picked up the award for Joel, how much time had passed since their "break" goodbye?

And then to suddenly smoosh Lemon and George together...again, it just smacked of trying to tie things up before the bitter end. But if not, then yay! I actually like Lemon and George together, so I'm not opposed. It just felt rushed and a little out of the blue.

• Love 1

I could be wrong but I think I remember their explanation being, it's too close to syndication.  But even so, I agree that the writers are treating this like a maybe-final season.  Although I'm surprised that they went Lemon/George, I thought their pets were Lemon/Lavon and George/Zoe.

Oh no, I think they prefer Zoe/Wade. Even if that wasn't the original intent, Zoe and George have no chemistry anymore, if they ever did. I thought they were going Lemon/Lavon too, with poor George and AB left in the cold.

I think the audience probably prefers Wade but I'm not so sure about the writers.

There is definitely no chemistry between George and Zoe.  They haven't even slept together, right?  If they had had any chemistry at all, that would have already happened at least once under the stars on some hot Alabama night.  I don't think Zoe had any chemistry with Joel although I would of (meaning I think he is basically a very nice guy).  It is Zoe and Wade that could not even keep their hands off each other the first night they met.  However, I think it would be creepy for Zoe and Wade to get back together now that he has been with her cousin- although if Shelby can run off with the Lieutenant Governor I guess anything can happen.

To me, it was always Zoe and Wade, but I agree that it would be weird now for them to get back together.  He was friends with Joel, his current girlfriend is her cousin, there's a kid involved (even though I can't stand him) - it all got too complicated.  It used to be a lovely fantasy and now it's as messy and awkward as real life. 

To me, it was always Zoe and Wade, but I agree that it would be weird now for them to get back together.

Wade/Wilson Bethel has chemistry with almost everyone on this show, but the show knocked it out when Wade and Zoe were together. I think it'll be weird for them because they have made Wade very happy with the cousin. Joel was never going to last and I never saw any physical chemistry between Zoe and Joel. He was never nice and very sweet, but he couldn't live up to the chemistry of the other couple. Other than Wade, I think Zoe has the most chemistry with Lavon as evidenced by the ending of this episode.

The writers have messed a lot of things up, but the friendship between Lavon and Zoe is still one of the best aspects of the show.

Zoe and Lemon seem to find some common ground and turn to each other for some much needed girlfriend advice. Wade is excited to take Vivian out for a nice night out, but when her ex-husband begins texting her, Wade becomes suspicious of her exes’ true intentions. Lavon has the opportunity to bid to have the County Fair in BlueBell, but he loses focus when learns that AnnaBeth is now dating. Meanwhile, Magnolia concocts a plan to get Brick away from his house to throw a party.

Yeah, Zoe/Lemon was nice, I enjoyed that part, and that was a sweet Brick/Magnolia scene at the end.  The rest of it was just exhausting.  Also, I didn't get why Bicycle Guy had to be a douche in order for Zoe to realize it was too soon to date.  Wouldn't it have been too early even if he was a great guy?  And I couldn't care less about Wade and Zoe anymore but I do want him to ditch what's-her-name and her awful kid.  It's like he got sucked into a cult.

Of course now Wade is going to be cheated on so he learns what it feels like.  I want them to break up so it is fine with me.  It does not make sense that Wade spends more time with the Wilkes family than Zoe does.

Will Lavon now realize he does love AB?

Lemon schemes to improve her health-inspection grade. Elsewhere, Zoe finds herself in an uncomfortable position in Wade and Vivian's relationship; Lavon and AnnaBeth's problems have a negative impact on BlueBell; and George dates a Bible-school teacher.

After last night's episode,I really can't understand how more people are not watching this show : it was a fully-loaded, non-stop charm assault, and I was powerless to resist it. The intercut musical performances between the Belles and Owls was utterly delightful; Brick's ballroom dancing with May was dashing, and Lemon stepping in for him was exactly the kind of benevolent scheming that makes Lemon so wonderful (and also she looked OUTSTANDING in her lady tux). Even Tom & Wanda turned up to 11 was entertaining, and while I doubt they'll be as cute as that little baby goat, I'm on board with the prospect of ToWanda offspring.

Overall, I think this episode encapsulated what I love the most about this show, which is that it's so likeable. That maybe doesn't sound like the strongest endorsement, but it's nice to have a show where you actually want to root for the characters you're supposed to root for. That's very difficult to pull off, and considering the large cast of regular & recurring characters in Bluebelle, HoD is a pretty impressive achievement.

• Love 2

Be careful what you wish for, maybe? The recent reuniting of George and Lemon did not go the way I'd hoped, sadly. While Geoge and Lemon have an understandably complex relationship, I've found George's "I can't stand that woman!" to be kind of childish, and also basically coming out of nowhere - he's  always been very civil toward Lemon, post-breakup, IMO.

I think this underscores kind of a larger problem, which is that the show really has no idea what to do with George. Scott Porter is really funny, and when George has a plot with any of the male cast, he's great! But since they dropped the Zoe-George leg of the love triangle, he's basically been adrift.

• Love 1

Overall, I think this episode encapsulated what I love the most about this show, which is that it's so likeable. That maybe doesn't sound like the strongest endorsement, but it's nice to have a show where you actually want to root for the characters you're supposed to root for. That's very difficult to pull off, and considering the large cast of regular & recurring characters in Bluebelle, HoD is a pretty impressive achievement.

It's the same quality a show like "Gilmore Girls" brought. The wacky eccentric town, the plucky female protagonist, the stupid slightly overwrought, but at least amusing romance plots, a lot of "dumb misunderstanding" plot points.  Etc.

Since Bunheads didn't last, this is probably the main alternative for fare like that.

• Love 1

I liked this episode, too. Better than the previous ones. Might be because Zoe was more of a prop for the characters than front and center. Lemon, Wade, George, AB and Levon are more interesting.

I really like Zoe this season. In general, after Wade put her in her place early on about trying to prevent him from dating Vivian, I think she's been considerate of his feelings and caring and more mature in general. And I hope Wade's anger at her dissipates fast because he has no right to be mad at her because Vivian broke up with him (or didn't, apparently, because she's awful). 

I think the VIP of this episode was the owl.

Oh, and Wade.

In all seriousness, I like whenever we see Zoe being a good friend. It is a clear sign of character growth since she came to Bluebell. I'm glad the Vivian plot is over. One of the things I liked about Zoe/Wade was that it seemed to bring out the best in Zoe. She was an even more competent doctor back when they were dating.

I liked the Lavon/AB fight. It was cute and believable how they would have gotten together. I hope they are still end game because as much as I like Lemon now, I don't know if there is anyone actively on the show she should be with. George is George.

• Love 1
I was talking about like every wrong conclusion she jumps to and every bad decision she makes as a result.

I can't get enough of this show but can you imagine coming to Zoe when you are terrified about a physical symptom you are experiencing?  I'd rather be treated by Lucille Ball.

Thank god the Wade/Vivian relationship is over.  I was against the pairing from day 1.  I just think its creepy to date someone who was "involved" with your cousin.  Ewwww....

Hope Wade realizes that Zoe had his best interest at heart.

While Wade is upset with Zoe over his relationship issues, she decides to lay low and help George out with his problems with Lemon. Meanwhile Lemon and Wade decide to play hooky from their respective problems. AnnaBeth is excited to introduce her new boyfriend to her parents, until they decide they would rather spend time with Lavon. Brick tries to help Wanda and Tom cope with infertility issues.