Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Time Rifts in Cardiff and Beyond

One of my many problems with MD LOL was the whole "Torchwood" part of it. It made it seemed like Jack was TW instead of somewhere they worked. And then after Esther discovered TW and the new Team was formed. But John De Lancie character says some like intel says you can't seperate Harkness and Cooper Huh . Did the CIA know about TW or not ? And if they did that's truly bad intel cause Jack and Gwen are always seperate until Jack does it Gwen's way LOL

I get why they got rid of everything from the past because basically MD was a new show with characters from TW but they needed to get rid of the name as well. Sorry Gwen saying "we're Torchwood" just seems stupid.

Maybe they are all slightly whacked , when it comes to sex. After trying to figure out Jack, now Tosh to chat about. Gwen screws around but is the innocent one, Owen;s a rapist until he feels what it's like to happen, Ianto doing the guy that killed his girlfriend, seems the most normal one LOL

I really can't remember Vera and Rex , one because my MD memory is so so and two i was totally grossed out and stopped looking at the TV LOL. I'm sorry but the dude was just bleeding all over her floor that is not the cue for "special fun time"

But i'm going to assume that Vera was much like Gwen or Tosh , when it's clearly what they want. They are not passive partners or even unsure. Tosh while first time with a woman, isn't passive with Mary. So it's not the chicks roles cause they are all strong independent, it's more how the guys treat them. And i think that has the full spectrum Jack seems to place women on a pedestal , Owen thinks of them as furniture unless he knows them, Rex looks down on chicks but they are with  guys as well, so everyone is below Rex and Ianto is normal LOL slightly on the gentlemen side but not overly. Like when he told Rhys to let Gwen take the bullet next time, i really liked that.

But then we do have good roles while Jack and John might believe the traditional role of the "wife" is beneath them,  Ianto and Rhys clearly don't. You can't be the hero if you have egg on your collar all the time LOL. There isn't any "hero" without a sidekick that does the work. And most of that mundane work that allows you to be this big hero is done by guys and not weak guys either.

But then we do have good roles while Jack and John might believe the traditional role of the "wife" is beneath them,  Ianto and Rhys clearly don't. You can't be the hero if you have egg on your collar all the time LOL. There isn't any "hero" without a sidekick that does the work. And most of that mundane work that allows you to be this big hero is done by guys and not weak guys either.

So the guys from the 51st come off as less progressive about gender roles than the guys from the backwards 21st century lol?

So the guys from the 51st come off as less progressive about gender roles than the guys from the backwards 21st century lol?

Everything about them is less progressive i mean look at their clothes and shagging animals doesn't equal progress to me.LOL Give me Ianto or Rhys any day

Give me Ianto or Rhys any day

Yes, please.  (Except that I love Jack and would shag him in a hot second.  Yes, I would.  John Hart -- no.  I got over "bad boys" right around the seventh grade.)

• Love 1