Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Critics Choice Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Luvzmutt said:

Wondering if Best Actor was first so Joaquin wouldn’t e trashed for his acceptance speech.

I also noticed he was sipping water.

I mean I guess announcing two winners at once saves, like 20 seconds for the actors to walk on stage, but it is such a cluster fuck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Jeremy Strong's nomination was the main reason I was watching this train wreck. The Critics got this one right. That he's not nominated for a SAG award is a travesty. I'm really pleased for him.

I'm delighted that Regina King won here also. And she's not nominated for a SAG award either. SMH.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Congrats to Dolemite is my Name and When They See Us. Critics picking shows and movies that loss major awards. So it's nice to see some different winners. Plus they were good. 

As Jean Smart said in her acceptance speech, the critics HAVE to see ALL the films and shows. That doesn't happen with the voting bodies for the other awards.

• Love 5

I notice that all these awards that they're just putting up on screen and not bothering to have part of the show are all for really good movies and TV. Unbelievable is especially amazing and I am so pleased for El Camino.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

I mean I guess announcing two winners at once saves, like 20 seconds for the actors to walk on stage, but it is such a cluster fuck. 

How ridiculous. The actor/actress is good enough to be nominated, but not important enough to have their own segment/announcement of winner and walk to the stage? But lets waste time asking JLo the name of the character Tom Cruise played in Jerry Maguire. SMH. 

The best part of the show so far for me has been Kelly Clarkson giving a shout out to Eugene Levy and Schitt's Creek. I think I'll go watch some reruns of SC, which would be far more entertaining that this clusterf**k of a show. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

It looks like Renee Zelwegger is training harder for awards season than some Marvel actors do for their movies. She looks jacked. 

It's sad that she is so emaciated. Like Judy Garland. ☹️

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

I don't know what it is about Michelle Williams and Fosse/Verdon, but she has won every award she's been up for (she's won the Emmy, the Globe, and now the Critics' Choice)-- does everyone think she's that good?

In Fosse/Verdon?  Absolutely.   She's terrific in a terrific role.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

In Fosse/Verdon?  Absolutely.   She's terrific in a terrific role.

Never thought of it that way-- that's why I believe that Joey's going 0-for-3 was not a snub, as she was at least in the running, being at least as good.