Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Critics Choice Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Can we continue the 2016 Awards here?

Just going for the shallow -- I really liked Rachel McAdams and Kirsten Dunst's dresses!

Also happy to see Spotlight win.

Sure, now you (and everyone else) can, since the title is now edited to a recurring thread.  :-)

• Love 1

I love me some Amy Schumer, but why in all that is holy did they let her ramble on and on and on and on and on?

And why in God's name did she not prepare a thank you that was the tiniest bit clever or entertaining? Has Jennifer Lawrence fan-girled all the funny out of her? WTF, AMY?

• Love 3

Her show on comedy central really skewered issues that women experience, or have to deal with in life and on the screen. I was impressed. I have been a feminist for eons.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3

I like these nominations, especially for the television side of things as things get nominated here that would never get ignored by Emmys.  And some not even nominated by the Golden Globes.

But I can't believe how many awards weren't given out live and yet it was still a three hour broadcast.

• Love 2

I'm watching the red carpet (actually it's sort of a blue-purplish on my screen!) arrivals on my CW local affiliate channel in Los Angeles -- KTLA (in the Tribune family).   This is the same channel that will show the awards as well.

Edited by TVFan17

Never in a million years would I think Glenn Close and Lady GaGa would be TIED for a Best Actress award win!! But when Dafoe said it was a tie,right away I thought it's going to be those two....same with the tie between Amy Adams and Patricia Arquette.

Very bummed that Jodie Comer didn't win for Killing Eve. Sandra Oh keeps winning this!!

🙌🙌💃💃WOOT!WOOT!!!💃💃🙌🙌 Double Win for Christian Bale! Though I'm at a loss as to how Vice falls under Comedy.  And was this the first reunion for Bale and Ben Stiller, who were in Empire of the Sun together?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
14 hours ago, Valny said:

Never in a million years would I think Glenn Close and Lady GaGa would be TIED for a Best Actress award win!! But when Dafoe said it was a tie,right away I thought it's going to be those two....same with the tie between Amy Adams and Patricia Arquette.

Very bummed that Jodie Comer didn't win for Killing Eve. Sandra Oh keeps winning this!!

Yes Gaga and Close surprised me as well.  I can't see Gaga winning SAG.  I think Close will win the Oscar because they may feel it's her time to win. They love to do that.

Vice is not a comedy.  At the Oscars it will be in the same category as the drama films which it is. 

I thought Amy was good in Sharp Objects so I am glad she won. I have not watched Escape at Dannemora yet it's on the list.

14 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Vice is not a comedy.

I don't think it is, either. Yet both the Globes and the Critics' Choice had it under Comedy. This show had it under both Comedy and Drama. I'm trying to work out why it would fall under a Comedy.