Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/19/2019 at 12:09 AM, TVFan17 said:

I love how Ambrose just decides to claim his human right away, and he cannot be removed. 

I have a nitpick with that movie.  The cat is wearing a collar AND a tag but the fireman hero makes no attempt whatsoever to find the owner?  Somebody was missing a beloved animal who clearly had lived with a human and apparently pretty comfortably.  That was just not right.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I have a nitpick with that movie.  The cat is wearing a collar AND a tag but the fireman hero makes no attempt whatsoever to find the owner?  Somebody was missing a beloved animal who clearly had lived with a human and apparently pretty comfortably.  That was just not right.

I thought he found out Ambrose's owner had died? Maybe I'm thinking of a different movie...

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, kirinan said:

I thought he found out Ambrose's owner had died? Maybe I'm thinking of a different movie...

No, I'm pretty sure you're correct. He finds out the previous owner has died and the shelter is very full, so he decides to keep him temporarily and try to find a home for him. Ambrose of course isn't going anywhere 😆

ETA: seriously? I gotta keep up with movies airing on Drama too? Ugh. It's going to be such a headache trying to catch the movies I want to see when I have to watch the schedule for 3 different channels, particularly since Hallmark has proven this year that their schedule is anything but trustworthy and reliable. 

Edited by Jenniferbug
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

You're welcome!  And I know what you mean -- it's always a relief when you can cross one channel off the list and not have to wonder about what's airing on it, or wonder if you might miss something you want to see.  lol

Since my provider refuses to carry Hallmark Drama and I know for sure that at least a couple of older movies I love are airing on Drama for the holidays, then IF I decide I want to have Drama just for Nov-Dec, I will sign up with the cheapest streaming service that carries that channel -- which is probably Frndly (for something like $6.00 or $7.00 per month), and cancel it right at the end of December.   Or I will try their free trial for 7 days or whatever it is, and watch what I want to watch during that brief time frame and then bail on it before officially starting a subscription. 

I have not yet decided if I will bother with Hallmark Drama for the holidays, but at least I know there is an inexpensive way to access Hallmark Drama IF I want to do it, and I can cancel it the second I am done with what I want to see without having to deal with contracts or anything of that sort.

For those trying to decide if they should get Hallmark Drama temporarily I can tell you they are mainly showing all the Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas movies going back to the late 90's with A Season for Miracles.  Basically they are airing what HMMM used to air before their Miracles of Christmas branding.  Also I see in the guide movies like Once and Twice Upon a Christmas, Christmas in Canaan, the Peter Falk trilogies of Finding John Christmas, Town Without a Christmas and I forgot the third movie's name.  So if those are your thing you might consider it.  Otherwise I wouldn't get it.  I really missed all of those movies and already am in the middle of a 3 month free preview with my provider for the package HM Drama is in.  Otherwise I wouldn't have it.

• Love 6
On 10/19/2019 at 12:13 AM, MissyPoo said:

I mean...Hallmark didn't haaaave to do any changes and still go on their merry way while Lifetime did their thing.

Exactly.  I don't blame Lifetime one bit.  I don't know how far ahead Lifetime planned this but they really haven't gone drastic with their schedule.  They are still doing crazy murdering murderers on their Lifetime Movies channel and they still aired Patsy and Loretta last night and will reair it tonight.  And they still air The Closer in the mornings.

What Hallmark is doing--shelving one of their advertised mystery movies at that last minute and just suddenly throwing on Christmas movies on two of their channels feels kind of desperate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

They could fit it in to one channel but this way they get 3-4 times the ads.

That's an excellent point!  I think you might be on to something there.  That's probably a big factor in why they are breaking everything up across the different channels -- expected ad revenue.    They certainly don't have enough new content to completely fill each channel without repeating a lot of old syndicated shows every day, and it's an extra cost to keep creating/programming new channels and apps and all of that.  So it has to be paying off for them in some way, behind the scenes. 

1 hour ago, BigDave2019 said:

For those trying to decide if they should get Hallmark Drama temporarily I can tell you they are mainly showing all the Hallmark Hall of Fame Christmas movies going back to the late 90's with A Season for Miracles.  Basically they are airing what HMMM used to air before their Miracles of Christmas branding.  Also I see in the guide movies like Once and Twice Upon a Christmas, Christmas in Canaan, the Peter Falk trilogies of Finding John Christmas, Town Without a Christmas and I forgot the third movie's name.  So if those are your thing you might consider it.  Otherwise I wouldn't get it.  I really missed all of those movies and already am in the middle of a 3 month free preview with my provider for the package HM Drama is in.  Otherwise I wouldn't have it.

They are also airing Angels and Ornaments, and Farewell, Mr. Kringle on Hallmark Drama, and I love each of them!   Angels and Ornaments hasn't been shown on any of Hallmark's linear channels since late October of last year, and it was only 2 or 3 times.  It vanished for the remainder of the season.   I don't think Farewell, Mr. Kringle was shown during the holidays last year, but it might have been on during Christmas in July of 2018.

In any case, I miss both of those movies -- Farewell, Mr. Kringle isn't even on DVD, so the chances to catch it are becoming more infrequent.

The Santa Suit (with Kevin Sorbo) is not a bad movie, and it's also on Drama.  I might watch that, if I decide to get the Drama channel temporarily.

I am also still waiting to see what else might show up on Hallmark Drama, that is currently not scheduled for any channel or on the streaming app.  

Although the older Hall of Fame movies are not typically my favorites, I haven't seen November Christmas in a while and I would probably watch that one again.

For some reason, I have never been able to catch A Season for Miracles from start to finish, in one sitting.   I've always either seen the first half and not the second half, or I have seen the last 20 minutes of it.  It's a little more serious than I prefer, but I would like to see it one time, from beginning to end, without interruption!

The main issue is time, and finding the right opportunities to watch all of the movies I want to see across various channels.  It's a lot to keep up with, and at some point in 2017 and 2018, I just gave up trying to watch all of the new Christmas movies on other non-Hallmark channels.  I watched some of them from Lifetime/UP/Freeform/ION, for sure, but not all of them. 

I find that I have to try to watch the East Coast showtimes for some movies, and then the West Coast showtimes for others later on the same nights.  I have to take advantage of the fact that Lifetime usually puts all of their new Christmas movies in their On Demand offerings (whereas Hallmark does not), and I think that most of UPtv's new movies end up in the On Demand menu too.  And I have to take advantage of Hallmark's frequent repeats of movies, to catch whatever I missed.

So there is a lot of time and effort going into keeping up with movies and other non-Christmas TV shows I watch in various places, and I just don't know if I am up to the task this holiday season, as it's getting harder to carve out time to watch things at hours when I can actually stay awake.   (I was up watching the latest episode of a Showtime series I follow at 3:30 a.m. today, via On Demand, because it wasn't going to be convenient to watch it when it airs on the network later tonight!  lol)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Exactly.  I don't blame Lifetime one bit.  I don't know how far ahead Lifetime planned this but they really haven't gone drastic with their schedule.  They are still doing crazy murdering murderers on their Lifetime Movies channel and they still aired Patsy and Loretta last night and will reair it tonight.  And they still air The Closer in the mornings.

What Hallmark is doing--shelving one of their advertised mystery movies at that last minute and just suddenly throwing on Christmas movies on two of their channels feels kind of desperate.

The Closer is on Start TV.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:44 PM, TVFan17 said:

I hope so too!   Lifetime was airing something like 6 Christmas movies per day, every day, this past week.   Thirty slots devoted to Christmas movies, just from Monday through Friday alone.  During that time, I think something they had shown the prior week was repeated.   So I suspect they are going to do what Hallmark does, as far as repeating movies a lot and incorporating their new ones into the mix along the way.   If they can't squeeze in some of the oldies that they used to show -- such as Ebbie -- then I have to imagine that maybe they lost the distribution rights after a while, and no one else (no other network) has picked up the movie.

There is still a big mystery about what happened to the movie with Mimi Rogers called The Christmas List.   People ask for it every year and it is not shown anywhere.  It should belong to Freeform/ABC Family, but they never show it and it is not shown on any other network either.  It just vanished years ago.  So I wonder if it might eventually resurface on the new Disney+ streaming service.

Anyway, forgive the side trip into Lifetime and Freeform.   Back to Hallmark chat!   What I originally came here to say is that I noticed that both of Sarah Lancaster's Hallmark Christmas movies have apparently moved to the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel -- Fir Crazy and 'Tis the Season for Love.   I don't really associate either of those movies with the tone that I thought Hallmark was trying to achieve on the HMM channel.  To me, they fit more with the tone on the main Hallmark Channel, which is where they originated -- especially Fir Crazy.  

So, at this rate, I think Hallmark is just randomly putting movies on the channels, even if they don't really fit whatever the tone is supposed to be.   They might try to loosely adhere to keeping things within a certain tone, but they put a straight up rom com (A Christmas for the Books) on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel last year, and it is still being shown this year, so anything is possible at this point!

The Christmas List with Mimi Rogers is one of my all time favorites and I don’t understand why no one snaps up the rights to it.  I also wish The Christmas Wish staring Debbie Reynolds and Neil Patrick Harris would air on tv again.  I think that’s a Hallmark movie, but I might be remembering wrong.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:
6 hours ago, kirinan said:

No, I'm pretty sure you're correct. He finds out the previous owner has died and the shelter is very full, so he decides to keep him temporarily and try to find a home for him. Ambrose of course isn't going anywhere

Nope, I just watched it two days ago.  Ambrose was chased by a dog onto a pile of wood and the fireman shooed the dog away.  The cat slipped into the house with him and made himself right at home.  Macho fireman was going to take him to the shelter but never got around to it.  He never made any attempt to find an owner.

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Nope, I just watched it two days ago.  Ambrose was chased by a dog onto a pile of wood and the fireman shooed the dog away.  The cat slipped into the house with him and made himself right at home.  Macho fireman was going to take him to the shelter but never got around to it.  He never made any attempt to find an owner.

Zachary did try to find the owner. They had died and didn't have any family to try to give the cat to. He tells the other fire fighters.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

All I see is just Start TV and that’s it.

Lifetime airs it in a 4 hour block weekday mornings. It’s on right before they switch to Christmas movies. 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:09 PM, TVFan17 said:

I love how Ambrose just decides to claim his human right away, and he cannot be removed.  He won't budge.  If he wants to claim Zachary's favorite chair, he is claiming it.  If he wants to sleep in bed with Zachary, he is doing it, one way or another.   He is not going anywhere until that horrible Blair lets him out (or whatever happens that causes him to disappear from the house).  So cute!

I love this movie. I wasn’t going to watch anything Christmas yet but clearly I have no willpower and am watching it right now. 

3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

You may need to watch it again. We watched it this morning (my daughter is on a roll with this one). He is definitely shown at the firehouse on the phone and then tells the other firefighters that the owner passed away. He tries to get one of them to take the cat, but they won't so he decides to keep him till he can find a home. Then he runs into Marilee at the grocery store buying cat food and she tells him that the shelter she volunteers at is pretty full and adult cats are rarely adopted. 

• Love 4
On 10/20/2019 at 2:45 AM, Shorty186 said:

I just realized the guy opposite Candace in her new Christmas movie is Tim Rozon, aka the uber sexy Doc Holliday on Syfy's "Wynonna Earp." He looks so milquetoast and cheesy, I don't know if I'll be able to take him seriously on WE again if I end up watching this movie.

I am ashamed to say that I used to watch Tim Rozon on the Canadian teen series Instant Star. 

I do not follow anything Hallmark on social media. Have there been any complaints on any of their social media about the scheduling? 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not follow anything Hallmark on social media. Have there been any complaint on any of their social media about the scheduling? 

A few people on Facebook who thought they were taping the new mysteries have been starting to notice the inconsistencies and they are not happy at all. I haven't checked during the weekend but I imagine more folks are discovering the schedule chaos and are voicing their dismay. Most of Twitter seems excited about the surprise christmas scheduling.

As for the onslaught of movies, I've developed a personal system and made a note of ones I have a feeling I'll like based on fave actors, interesting storylines, channel, story settings, etc. I can usually tell what movies I'll like based on previews and people so it's a bit easier to weed out the ones I probably won't watch. Sadly, I still have like 40 new movies on my list across the channels! So I'll probably have some leftovers into next year like the ones I missed last year that I'm watching now.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

The Christmas List with Mimi Rogers is one of my all time favorites and I don’t understand why no one snaps up the rights to it.  I also wish The Christmas Wish staring Debbie Reynolds and Neil Patrick Harris would air on tv again.  I think that’s a Hallmark movie, but I might be remembering wrong.

If you have getTV, they have aired The Christmas Wish last couple of years. The channel also shows other older holiday movies and holiday variety specials (e.g. Sonny and Cher Show).  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Dani said:

Lifetime airs it in a 4 hour block weekday mornings. It’s on right before they switch to Christmas movies. 

I love this movie. I wasn’t going to watch anything Christmas yet but clearly I have no willpower and am watching it right now. 

I am with you in the "no willpower" club.  I was neither prepared nor expecting to watch Hallmark Christmas movies one week early -- I was mentally prepared for the last weekend in October, but not before that time.   However, as soon as I saw that Hallmark was airing a delightful double header of Snow Bride and Nine Lives of Christmas on Friday, as well as A Bramble House Christmas over on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel, I caved in.  Yesterday I was watching The Christmas Secret, with Bethany Joy Lenz.   They dangled the bait and I took it!!!  lol

11 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I am ashamed to say that I used to watch Tim Rozon on the Canadian teen series Instant Star. 

I do not follow anything Hallmark on social media. Have there been any complaint on any of their social media about the scheduling? 

Yes, to some degree.  Facebook is usually where the most vitriolic and/or extensive complaints can be found. 

I think that not wanting Christmas movies so early is one issue that some people have expressed -- that is a complaint every year -- but the scheduling issue, and the removal of movies at the last minute, is another issue entirely.

I think the overarching problem is that this these sudden scheduling changes seem to be turning into something that Hallmark is doing with more frequency, quite freely, at the drop of a hat.  It's not just one movie they promoted and advertised, and suddenly dropped from the schedule out of the blue.  It's 4 movies this year!   They have advertised, promoted and scheduled 4 separate movies this year (1 June Weddings movie; 2 Fall Harvest movies; 1 mystery movie), and then removed them from the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movies & Mysteries schedules not long before they were set to premiere.  

In the case of the wedding movie (In the Key of Love) they promoted and removed (four days before its premiere), at least it ended up on Hallmark Movies Now about 1-1/2 months after it was removed from the Hallmark Channel.  But it was advertised as a Hallmark Channel premiere, and shown in a June Weddings preview special.  So it was false advertising to promote it as being on one channel and then moving it to the streaming service out of nowhere.

So I think that more viewers and fans of the channel -- who might not have ordinarily paid as much attention to what Hallmark was doing with the schedule -- are starting to become aware that this is happening with more regularity, and the Crossword Mysteries: Abracadaver fiasco is just the latest incident in this trend.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

The Christmas List and Three Days are 2 of my old favorites from the Family Channel/Fox/ABC family era.  Occasionally those have aired in the late spot after 700 Club at midnight/11 CT.  I have also been able to find both of them on YouTube before.  Maybe they will get a late late showing this year.  

• Love 2

Journey Back to Christmas. Candace Cameron is a WWII era nurse who falls through a time shed and ends up in 2016 small city New England.

It is a little different than the usual Hallmark plot because she and the police chief do not fall in love because she has a husband off fighting the war and (spoilers-- two other things that actually are pretty cool).

However, there is an eye rolling scene where the chief's daughter is using the ipad with her and she is totally confused. 30s/40s were the era with Buck Rogers and Dick Tracey. Her only surprise should have been that it wasn't watch sized, and that we don't have flying cars.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Happywatcher said:

However, there is an eye rolling scene where the chief's daughter is using the ipad with her and she is totally confused. 30s/40s were the era with Buck Rogers and Dick Tracey. Her only surprise should have been that it wasn't watch sized, and that we don't have flying cars.

That's true. It was the age of the comic strips and serials and after being exposed to those two plus Flash Gordon, and the like, I imagine the real version of CCBs character would be disappointed by how much hasn't changed minus the cars, tv, and such.

• Love 1

After this Friday, there are no non-Christmas movies airing on any of Hallmark's 3 channels until probably January 1st.   There won't be much to discuss in this thread or in the mysteries thread while nothing else is airing.  

So I am just going to wish you all a happy holiday season and happy TV watching for now.   I'll see you again in 2020, when Winterfest begins!

• Love 7
On 10/20/2019 at 10:44 PM, Jenniferbug said:

You may need to watch it again. We watched it this morning (my daughter is on a roll with this one).

I will concede to those who regularly watch. It was on in the background when I saw it and too occupied to find the remote and change the channel.  I think Hallmark movies are crushingly boring with 4 or 5 plots circulated ad nauseum.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Just so we are clear, nothing new premieres tonight, right? The new premieres start Friday, 10/25?

Yep. Everything starts tomorrow. New movie on HMM tomorrow. New movie on HM Saturday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
1 hour ago, MissyPoo said:

Yep. Everything starts tomorrow. New movie on HMM tomorrow. New movie on HM Saturday.

Thanks. And Lifetime movies on tomorrow/Saturday/Sunday. 

With five in one weekend these movies are going to need to be good to keep my interest. The more movies made the less likely I am to make it all the way through. 

With five in one weekend these movies are going to need to be good to keep my interest. The more movies made the less likely I am to make it all the way through. 

I'm hoping I have quiet mornings at work so I can have the Hallmark movies in the background as if I'm listening to a podcast.  I've been able to have some of the regular movies on in the background and I think this is the only way I'm going to be able to stay on top of things.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

The new preview for November is up at HMNow in case anyone wants to see it. I was able to view the video without logging in so it should be viewable to the public for a lil while.

https://www.hmnow.com/films/new_in_november?cid=10252019newinoctoberslider&utm_source=HMNow&utm_campaign=10252019newinoctoberslider&utm_medium=link&utm_content=promo&play=1

The Movies & Mistletoe catalog is also back: https://www.hmnow.com/movies/holiday

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

@kirinan posted a updated list of new movies in the other holiday movie thread which says tonight there is a movie scheduled on Hallmark called A Cheerful Christmas (starring Erica Deutschman and Chad Connell). But Hallmark says it is airing last year's CCB movie A Shoe Addict's Christmas. What gives?

I am so sick and tired of those huge promos that Hallmark puts on the screen that block so much of of the picture.  Right now it’s Miracles Of Christmas that takes up so much that it actually covers up the actors faces. It’s become totally obnoxious to the point that I don’t even want to watch the channel. 

Does anyone know where we can write to express displeasure with this?  Right now, Eva LaRue’s face is covered by a big red Christmas ornament. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 8

They seem to listen to their FBers or Tweeters mainly. I've seen them respond to people on FB and if enough people yell at them about something, they tend to listen. I'm pretty sure there are others who would chime in that they agree with you.

• Love 2

As some of you may know, I watch these for their creepy factor.

Let It Snow didn't disappoint.

"Merry Christmas" -- "Merry Christmas to you" -- "It's going to be a lovely Christmas in Snow Valley" -- "Everything looks so Christmas-y!" -- "We need to get the Christmas spirit back" -- "I love everything about Christmas" -- "The Christmas lights, the warmth, the family" -- "We can't forget Christmas" -- "I want to remember this Christmas" -- "Christmas is a special time of year"

Your next stop, The Twilight Zone....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Run these up the flagpole and see if you like them, title-wise:

Pride, Prejudice and Pitches

My Christmas Pitch

A Pitch To Remember

A Royal Pitch

Pitches on Honeysuckle Lane

Mr. Darcy's Pitch

Gingerbread Pitches and Candy Cane Dreams

Cookie-Cutter Christmas

A Queen's Christmas in Queens

• LOL 2

Does anyone have a list of the Christmas movies that were released on DVD this year? Or that will be released? I saw Road to Christmas from last year comes out tomorrow and am wondering if there are others I enjoyed and might want to grab. I think someone said that they pre released some of the movies from this year already?

32 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Does anyone have a list of the Christmas movies that were released on DVD this year? Or that will be released? I saw Road to Christmas from last year comes out tomorrow and am wondering if there are others I enjoyed and might want to grab. I think someone said that they pre released some of the movies from this year already?

Net at It's a Wonderful Movie has a list of Christmas movies released on DVD this year -- https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2019/07/new-2019-dvd-releases-hallmark-christmas-movies.html

She also has an A to Z list of all Hallmark movies available on DVD, from any year -- https://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2014/08/hallmark-movies-on-dvd-from-to-z.html

Merry & Bright and Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses were already available on DVD before they premiered!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh my God there actually IS A Cookie Cutter Christmas.

I'm a genius.

LOL

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm enjoying Journey Back to Christmas right now.  Candace is wonderful and the time travel story is interesting and not stupid!  The other actors aren't bad.  Wow -- I found a good Hallmark movie! 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Oh my God there actually IS A Cookie Cutter Christmas.

I'm a genius.

LOL

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm enjoying Journey Back to Christmas right now.  Candace is wonderful and the time travel story is interesting and not stupid!  The other actors aren't bad.  Wow -- I found a good Hallmark movie! 

Now if they make "Hot Cider Love" i will really be shocked 😲!

• LOL 6