Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yep!   Indeed, the Fall Harvest line-up has changed AGAIN since I posted earlier today.  https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/fall-harvest/fall-harvest-2019-movies

The main Fall Harvest page on the website now says that the event begins on 10/5 -- which makes no sense, as they had enough movies to cover all Saturdays in September and October.  https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/fall-harvest

So Country at Heart was bumped out of Fall Harvest, and Over the Moon in Love was put back into Fall Harvest.

But when I type in Country at Heart and Love Under the Olive Tree on the Hallmark website, there are showtimes on 10/5 for each one -- which can't be correct.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/country-at-heart

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/love-under-the-olive-tree  

UPDATE (9/13/19):  The October 5th showtimes for Country at Heart and Love Under the Olive Tree are now totally gone.   So they are off the schedule completely at the moment.  The updated Fall Harvest schedule can be found through the link at the top of this comment.

Edited by TVFan17
new info
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I'm disappointed to see that it appears they are cutting Fall movies and adding Christmas ones. I like the Christmas ones, and I watch them, but I don't need to them start any earlier than they already do. Hopefully they're not moving those movie to the stupid app, but it wouldn't surprise me because I think that's what happened with the Key of Love movie that I thought looked good. Sorry Hallmark, I refuse to use an app to watch content that is more or less identical to what's airing on your channels that I already pay for. 

Will they still be showing any Fall movies though?

Apparently, Lifetime will also begin airing 24/7 Christmas movies on October 25 this year. "It's a Wonderful Lifetime." I guess they've decided to go all in on the madness. I watched a couple of their originals last year and they weren't bad and not quite as saccharine as Hallmark's.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 4

We missed A Gift to Remember 2 years ago. 

Darcy chick is biking in philly trendy hood and smokes a handsome boy so bad he falls into a coma and loses his memory. 

Yikes. She gets the hots for his trendy coat and hair so she assembles the scooby doo team and tries to figure out his life. Completely jacks up her conclusions because she is vapid, plus the lack of christmas decorations could have been due him being a Jew or Muslim or something...

The team lacks a Velma so she can't figure anything out.

And for some reason no one at Ohio State (59,000 students) answers the phone or emails in December.

The sad part is she keeps trying to gauge if he meets her checklist for true love the whole time, while pretending to help him. 

Yea for the filmmakers, they didn't have the actor attempt the (realistic) movement and vocal issues attendant on head injuries, because that would make this go from a slightly creepy romance straight into a horror movie.

The lead's puppy is great.

Edited by Happywatcher
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Did anyone watch the Irish movie? I didn't recognize any of the actors. It was okay, but mostly bc of the scenery and Irish actors. The redhead was great, I'd love to see more of her stuff.

Just once I wish they would make the scorned fiancé act angrily.

Edited by sistersledge
  • Love 2

She was so eager to get engaged and then she wasn't and nothing had really changed in the two or so weeks between engagement and break up other than seeing her ex...but even then, she didn't seem that different.   

The scenery was beautiful but the story was a bit meh.  

• Love 1

I watched it and liked it well enough, but I don’t think enough of Jack Turner’s charm came through. He seemed...passive, I guess? He’s never struck me that way before. I liked the redhead and her husband a lot, and was actually kind of glad there wasn’t much drama with the fiancé. Basically, the scenery rescued it for me.

• Love 1

I will have to try to catch Forever in My Heart again.  I got through some of it last night, and what I was able to see I liked well enough, but I was watching on the Hallmark website and it was buffering a lot for me.  It didn't seem like it was going to be my favorite Hallmark movie, but it seemed OK/so-so, from what I could tell in the middle of all the buffering.

It was interesting to see Jack Turner paired with someone other than Taylor Cole (although he will be back with Taylor soon enough when they film One Winter Wedding), but I agree with kirinan that I don't think we saw enough of Jack's charm.  He seemed a bit restrained.

As for other Hallmark stuff...

Hallmark seems to have settled on the shortened version of their Fall Harvest line-up (3 movies -- Over the Moon in LoveLove, Fall & OrderGood Witch: Curse From a Rose, and the preview show airing on 9/28).  I was not sure if they would change it again, but apparently not.

There is no official word on where Country at Heart & Love Under the Olive Tree will end up now that they have been cut from the Fall Harvest schedule, but the belief/speculation is that Hallmark will probably try to put them on the HMN streaming app, as they did when they pulled In the Key of Love from the line-up only 4 days before it was supposed to air in July, only for it to magically appear on the streaming app the following month.

And, of course, the Christmas movie that Hallmark added to their Countdown to Christmas schedule on Thursday -- A Cheerful Christmas (w/ Erica Deutschman & Chad Connell)-- was completely gone from the line-up on Friday.  That's right.  They added a new movie and removed it within one day's time!  lol

Personally, I think that Hallmark's schedule changes are getting excessive and crazy.  To me, they seem very disorganized and in a state of chaos behind the scenes, just randomly making changes at the drop of a hat after they have posted or announced and re-announced details, shown clips in preview shows, etc. 

For me, it's not an issue of not having a new movie to watch on this Saturday or that Saturday -- I have plenty of other non-Hallmark things to watch or just do in general -- but it's the confusion and inconvenience these changes create for a variety of people that is the problem as I see it.   If these kinds of antics were something Hallmark did only once in a blue moon, it would be another story.  But they, unfortunately, do this kind of thing much more often -- with increasing frequency -- than what I view as normal (it happens every year). 

And these schedule changes not only inconvenience the viewers, but also the people trying to cover their content via blogs/podcasts/reviews/previews/interviews/articles, and the casts/crews/writers of the movies who would like to promote them to their followers and maybe even carve out time from their schedules to live tweet with fans during the premieres.    If an actor tells his followers, "Hey, everyone, watch my new movie on October 31st" and gets everyone hyped up to see it, and then has to tell them "Hey, everyone, my movie is now airing on November 27th," and then later "My movie has been rescheduled for December 22nd on a different channel"..... it cause a LOT of confusion and frustration.

And I say all of this as a fan of Hallmark's content!   You all already know -- I am a FAN of the overall themes of the movies and what not (even though some of them are not my favorites).  So if I -- as an actual fan who follows along with all of their projects in the works and shares the info with other people -- think that something is screwy in the Crown Media offices, you know that there must be a problem!  I am a fan, but I'm not a "Stepford Fan"!

There are some people who agree with me that Hallmark is getting out of control with the rampant schedule changes and that there must be upheaval behind the scenes.  I have seen their comments, or they have said it to me privately.  I know they exist.  But... There are plenty of others who are major Hallmark apologists and will forgive them for anything with the "Oh, but it must be hard to program a channel" and "We don't know what they go through in their job" excuses.

I might be naive, but I assumed that established TV networks -- whose business it is to create content and program their channels -- know what they are doing and how to program them.    That IS their job and their industry, so I assumed they would know how to do it. 

BUT.... as I blame Hallmark for their shoddy job of scheduling and the conflicting publicity and advertisement connected to their scheduling, I now see that Lifetime has begun to make some changes to their own Christmas movie schedule too!   lol   So what do I know?   Maybe it is super-hard for networks to set schedules and stick to them!!??!! 

• Love 7

I agree with everyone about Forever in My Heart.  Blah.  During the five year ago intro he was ready to give her a claddagh ring.  Was he going to ask her to marry him?  Either way, she didn't seem too sad to move to Ohio and leave him behind.  Then, during current time, she was engaged and found it awkard to see Charlie again.  But it wasn't as if she had unresolved feelings for him.  She seemed to be more fond of the hotel and his father than him.  There was zero chemistry -- just a friendship.  At the end it was as if she wanted to stay in Ireland, run the hotel, get better acquainted with family, and, oh yeah, stay with Charlie.  Ho hum.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Could Cameron Mathison be returning to Home and Family on Wednesday?

The rest of the week according to my guide (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) all say Cameron Mathison. Unless all of those are placeholders and they'll be one of the guest co-hosts instead.

BA1D3596-0434-4F38-9D76-CD30EE3DEE85.png

I'm a physician, I don't remove kidneys, but I know about surgery.  Even if CM had a laparoscopic nephrectomy, he is not going to be doing the show this week.  A friend donated a kidney and it was removed laparoscopically.  She was in no shape to return to work for almost a month and she didn't have cancer and she was about 20 years younger than CM.

I suspect that they are just using their usual TV Guide description for now rather than announcing guest hosts in advance.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I'm a physician, I don't remove kidneys, but I know about surgery.  Even if CM had a laparoscopic nephrectomy, he is not going to be doing the show this week.  A friend donated a kidney and it was removed laparoscopically.  She was in no shape to return to work for almost a month and she didn't have cancer and she was about 20 years younger than CM.

I suspect that they are just using their usual TV Guide description for now rather than announcing guest hosts in advance.

That makes sense then. So maybe it will just be a one day at a time thing.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 6:06 PM, ButterQueen said:

Most boring show ever.  

Was Woody fired?

I apologize -- I intended to reply to this when you first asked it, but I completely forgot until now!  lol

You know... I actually don't know for sure if Woody Fraser was fired from Home & Family.   I would like to think that he was, if he was harassing women and was the source of so much trouble on the set and behind the scenes.   But I'm not sure if he was actually fired or if he sort of "voluntarily left" the show when he started to notice that his antics were catching up to him.   

Woody worked mostly behind the scenes, but I remember he appeared on camera to talk about the show or whatever he was talking about, quite a while after Cristina Ferrare was booted out because of her age (largely due to him).  The hosts were laughing and joking and acting like Woody was a great guy they all loved, and I remember thinking at the time that it was probably damage control.  They were trying to make it seem like he was this wonderful person and savvy producer running the show (likely because Cristina had already made it known why she was let go at that point, and had a lot of support from viewers of H&F).  They probably hated having to do that segment, but I guess it was required.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

Either way, she didn't seem too sad to move to Ohio and leave him behind.  Then, during current time, she was engaged and found it awkard to see Charlie again.  But it wasn't as if she had unresolved feelings for him.  She seemed to be more fond of the hotel and his father than him.  There was zero chemistry -- just a friendship.  At the end it was as if she wanted to stay in Ireland, run the hotel, get better acquainted with family, and, oh yeah, stay with Charlie.  Ho hum.

Haha totally! Like they acted like it was this big awkward thing that happened between them, but never really explained why they broke up. We were to assume, I guess, long distance didn't work but there were no hard feelings. I mean, I get it, life happens, seeing each other again yadda, yadda but yea, no real great romance.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

Was he going to ask her to marry him?  Either way, she didn't seem too sad to move to Ohio and leave him behind. 

That's what's so weird because neither was he, really.  Early in the movie he was talking to her about her potential job offer and seemed excited for her. There was no hint that they had even talked about what it meant for them.

But then he's showing the brother the ring and acting as if he were going to propose to her and then didn't when the plans they had been talking about earlier actually happened.  So was the proposal a backup plan?  Something he never talked to her about?  Did he expect her to follow him around Europe and give up her career if they were to marry?

Confusing.

• Love 3

Just an hour ago, Hallmark posted on FB about the Jessica Lowndes movie supposedly premiering this Sat. Though their site (and fall bucket list posted yesterday) says Oct. 5th and my Sling guide says When Hope Calls is premiering with 2 eps (did you cave to the FBers, Hallmark?) in that slot. I don't usually plan to watch their movies because they're crazy with scheduling but it's tough to get any kind of idea when it's changing this much. 

I won't be surprised if some of those missing fall movies end up on the app for some kind of fall movie shindig event there.

Edited by MissyPoo
  • Love 2

I saw the Facebook post with the 9/21 date for Over the Moon in Love, which is incorrect (last time I checked, it still had not been changed to 10/5).   It's funny because they  posted that Fall Harvest Bucket list with the 10/5 date on it, on both Facebook and Instagram, but then regressed back to 9/21.

I wish 9/21 were accurate, but, sadly, I think it's just another example of the chain of confusion and inconvenience that their rampant schedule changes cause (which I was talking about in an earlier post) -- it's like a ripple effect, as the confusion and inconvenience spread to many different people in different categories.  

Hallmark changes things so frequently, and one of the issues I have with them about it is that they don't seem to get the latest info to ALL departments at the same time, so there will inevitably be conflicting info popping up from different segments of Crown Media because of it.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
On 9/16/2019 at 9:24 AM, ShelleySue said:

I agree with everyone about Forever in My Heart.  Blah.  During the five year ago intro he was ready to give her a claddagh ring.  Was he going to ask her to marry him?  Either way, she didn't seem too sad to move to Ohio and leave him behind.  Then, during current time, she was engaged and found it awkard to see Charlie again.  But it wasn't as if she had unresolved feelings for him.  She seemed to be more fond of the hotel and his father than him.  There was zero chemistry -- just a friendship.  At the end it was as if she wanted to stay in Ireland, run the hotel, get better acquainted with family, and, oh yeah, stay with Charlie.  Ho hum.

Agree

More classic Hallmark quotes/exchanges that I need more of in the new movies:

Sam: FYI, your boss is a tool.

Rob: Which one? I have three, and they're all tools.

and

Emmett: Do you even read, or did you think you'd get a promotion if it looks like you can?

Sam: I passed the bar my first try. Unlike yourself, who still hold the state record number of times failed. But I guess when Daddy's the boss, it doesn't, matter does it?

Emmett: <tense fake smirk; turns and walks off>

I laffed.

P.S. The following are now off the channel and have been sent to the HMN app:

Hearts of Spring

A Ring by Spring

Winter's Dream

Campfire Kiss

Yes, I Do (not surprised by this one considering the response)

For Better or For Worse

Edited by MissyPoo
On 9/24/2019 at 6:33 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Coming October 7:

IMG-0220.png

Thank you! That one and the one on 10/8 are the two I need so I have all 10 in my DVR queue, so I can watch them in order. Yes, I am THAT particular about it. Hee!

• Love 3

Watching Christmas Bells are Ringing off the DVR from last night, with some wine. Confusing holidays, we just assembled a Halloween Castle for the cats.

Emilie Ullerup brings her flawless TV American accent to the role of a city girl photog who goes to small town home for her dad's Christmas wedding. Lots of positives. The 'winter driving on snow almost car crash' is the fault of the love interest, and she avoids it. She is great at her job and only her grief at being home where her mom died slows her down. She blazes past her love interest's past high school awkward blunders like an adult.

It is a Hallmark, so she has to cute s***, but it wasn't annoying. They have the lead and her father's new wife use the same hair dye, so that was a little weird.

One of the better ones.

We listened to Emilie's Deck the Hallmark interview a while back, her background and observations on the movies are very interesting. podcast

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

Watching Christmas Bells are Ringing off the DVR from last night, with some wine. Confusing holidays, we just assembled a Halloween Castle for the cats.

Emilie Ullerup brings her flawless TV American accent to the role of a city girl photog who goes to small town home for her dad's Christmas wedding. Lots of positives. The 'winter driving on snow almost car crash' is the fault of the love interest, and she avoids it. She is great at her job and only her grief at being home where her mom died slows her down. She blazes past her love interest's past high school awkward blunders like an adult.

It is a Hallmark, so she has to cute s***, but it wasn't annoying. They have the lead and her father's new wife use the same hair dye, so that was a little weird.

One of the better ones.

We listened to Emilie's Deck the Hallmark interview a while back, her background and observations on the movies are very interesting. podcast

Yeah, I skipped this one last year because it seemed too boring but I think I may have been going through xmas tv fatigue by the time it came around. I agree it turned out cute and not annoying. Josh Kelly was nice to look at again (really liked him in Reindeer Lodge) and Emilie is usually pleasant. Funny because she annoyed the crap out of me during her Sanctuary days but I'm enjoying her current roles.  Plus, the mixed couple was too adorable for words.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Yeah, I skipped this one last year because it seemed too boring but I think I may have been going through xmas tv fatigue by the time it came around. I agree it turned out cute and not annoying. Josh Kelly was nice to look at again (really liked him in Reindeer Lodge) and Emilie is usually pleasant. Funny because she annoyed the crap out of me during her Sanctuary days but I'm enjoying her current roles.  Plus, the mixed couple was too adorable for words.

I forgot about the mixed couple. Funny because those were the subject of so much debate here 2 years ago. Likely forgot because they were the tier 3 couple, because the father was also getting married.

• Love 1

Well, Hallmark is up to their crazy schedule shenanigans once again. 

After downsizing what should have been a 5-movie Fall Harvest event to only 3 movies (which includes the annual Good Witch Halloween installment);  removing 2 already-filmed movies from the line-up for no obvious reason;  then changing the Fall Harvest preview from a standalone special to a series of random segments shoehorned into an All of My Heart movie, and then changing the start date of Fall Harvest in general, they are still messing with Fall Harvest

After all of the changes, Over the Moon in Love (w/ Jessica Lowndes and Wes Brown) was supposed to be the kick off to Fall Harvest, airing on October 5th (moved from its original 9/21 date).  

(A side note:  The irony is that OTMIL was not even intended to be a Fall-themed movie, and IF there are any bits of Fall in the movie at all -- random autumnal foliage or wayward leaves falling about -- they were probably digitally added in post-production.  But, the 2 movies that were cut out of Fall Harvest -- Country at Heart and Love Under the Olive Tree -- were actually intended to be Fall Harvest movies, and they featured the required pumpkins and harvest decor in the background of certain scenes.)

Anyway, Over the Moon in Love is still airing on 10/5... but that won't be its real premiere, as it apparently aired at 4:30 a.m. EST (!!!!!!) this morning!!!!  So if you just happened to be watching the Hallmark Channel at 4:30 a.m., or at 1:30 a.m. on the West Coast, you would have seen this non-Fall-ish Fall Harvest movie that was supposed to make its debut on 10/5.   There was NO announcement of it airing at 4:30 a.m. EST this morning, but some people caught it and watched it.  

This begs the question... why didn't Hallmark just premiere OTMIL last night at 9 p.m., or on 9/21, which was the original plan?  Why run it in the middle of the night and then pull this bogus "premiere" nonsense on October 5th?  lol  

So the people who worked on OTMIL don't even get to have a proper "official" world premiere on 10/5, because some viewers have now already seen the unannounced showing of the movie this morning!

What is going on in the Crown Media offices this year?

32 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

I know the fall movies start this week, but the Balsam Hill ads just hit on tonight's showing.

I did have to chuckle

Valentine merchandise appears in December.  Easter merchandise is out in January.   Halloween things begin to appear in some stores in late June or July.    Holidays are big business!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

I forgot about the mixed couple. Funny because those were the subject of so much debate here 2 years ago. Likely forgot because they were the tier 3 couple, because the father was also getting married.

Oh I must be getting old because I don't even remember the mention! I'll have to check back and see what was chatted about. I also liked the father and his fiancee.

9 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Anyway, Over the Moon in Love is still airing on 10/5... but that won't be its real premiere, as it apparently aired at 4:30 a.m. EST (!!!!!!) this morning!!!!  So if you just happened to be watching the Hallmark Channel at 4:30 a.m., or at 1:30 a.m. on the West Coast, you would have seen this non-Fall-ish Fall Harvest movie that was supposed to make its debut on 10/5.   There was NO announcement of it airing at 4:30 a.m. EST this morning, but some people caught it and watched it.  

This begs the question... why didn't Hallmark just premiere OTMIL last night at 9 p.m., or on 9/21, which was the original plan?  Why run it in the middle of the night and then pull this bogus "premiere" nonsense on October 5th?  lol  

So the people who worked on OTMIL don't even get to have a proper "official" world premiere on 10/5, because some viewers have now already seen the unannounced showing of the movie this morning!

What is going on in the Crown Media offices this year?

Omgsh you're right! How nutty! My Sling schedule says For Better Or for Worse which confused the heck out of me because that's heading off the channel in a few days. But you're right! I clicked on it (because it's not one of my faves so I skipped it) and sure enough it's Over the Moon in Love. I skipped ahead and sure enough, it's still on the schedule for Sat as well. Yikes. What a cluster. Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing over at the station.

As a side note, I saw Truly, Madly, Sweetly coming on Friday and the website confirms it. You guys know what this means? This is the first movie to go to the app and return! There is a possibility some may still pop up on the channel if Hallmark wants the eyes. Some people on FB are complaining of the same movies being aired during the week, but this is a good sign that they may still move things between the media accordingly to the season. Yay!

Then again, it could be like what's happening on the channel where there is no rhyme or reason and there are just little gremlins randomly pushing buttons to see what chaos occurs. At this point. Who knows!

• Love 3

Finished watching Over the Moon in Love and I liked it! It felt like one of the better Hallmark movies. Formulaic, but the cast had good chemistry. Jessica Lowndes was credited as the writer, so I'm even more surprised that Hallmark screwed this up since she's one of their featured actresses. 

Also TVfan17 was right that this is not a fall movie- and they don't even try to pretend it is! The big party is called the Summer Soiree, lots of sundresses and summer clothes, etc. No changing leaves or fall colors or activities or wardrobe. I think she wears a lighter sweater in one scene. So all that makes it even more bizarre that this is kicking off the Fall Harvest movies! 

Too bad, because I did like it better than a lot of the summer movies we did get. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Too bad, because I did like it better than a lot of the summer movies we did get. 

Right? I was super surprised that it wasn't a summer movie also. I'm tempted to rewatch the Saturday version to see if they digitally add fall leaves and bleep out any mention of summer. But yeah, I agree this was a good one and have no idea why they botched it either. Their summer offerings have been really lackluster as of late (which is a bummer because I always look forward to finding a good one since Love at the Shore). This movie would have been a nice addition to the lineup.

I'm also kinda bummed that there won't be a Jessica L christmas movie. I've come to like hers in the past few years and I wouldn't mind seeing her take a stab at writing and exec producing one if it'll turn out like this movie.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, MissyPoo said:

Right? I was super surprised that it wasn't a summer movie also. I'm tempted to rewatch the Saturday version to see if they digitally add fall leaves and bleep out any mention of summer. But yeah, I agree this was a good one and have no idea why they botched it either. Their summer offerings have been really lackluster as of late (which is a bummer because I always look forward to finding a good one since Love at the Shore). This movie would have been a nice addition to the lineup.

I'm also kinda bummed that there won't be a Jessica L christmas movie. I've come to like hers in the past few years and I wouldn't mind seeing her take a stab at writing and exec producing one if it'll turn out like this movie.

I wondered if they'd make it more "fall" before the premiere this weekend, but it would be a pretty weak attempt if they're all still wearing very summery clothing! 

I hadn't realized she wasn't doing a Christmas movie! That is disappointing. I enjoy most of the Christmas movies she's done! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I wondered if they'd make it more "fall" before the premiere this weekend, but it would be a pretty weak attempt if they're all still wearing very summery clothing! 

I hadn't realized she wasn't doing a Christmas movie! That is disappointing. I enjoy most of the Christmas movies she's done! 

Ah ha! I did a double check and I'm wrong. She is indeed doing a christmas movie this year but apparently it's on Lifetime! I'm even more excited cause I've been digging Lifetime's christmas offerings over Hallmark for the past year or so.

According to her IMDB, it's in post-production and even though the stars aren't listed on the site, the name and date are the same on both sites. So this must be it: https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/rediscovering-christmas

Woo hoo!

• Love 1

So they didn't even digitally add any falling leaves or conspicuously autumnal trees to Over the Moon in Love?  lol  Wow.

I followed along with the photos and videos from the set of OTMIL when it was filming, and the main thing I remember is that there was a fantastic rainbow on one of the days they filmed.  But it was clear from all of the photos that various cast members and crew people were posting that there was no "fall" to be found -- no random pumpkins, no scarecrows, no barrels of apples, nothing.

Then again, when OTMIL filmed, it had not been claimed by Hallmark yet.  It was still being classified as an "independent" production at that point, and Wes Brown said it was not for Hallmark.

So I guess Hallmark decided to take OTMIL and figured they'd throw it into September -- except for that they moved it from September 21st to October 5th, even though it is not even remotely Fall Harvest-ish!  lol

Hallmark had enough movies filmed to where they could have aired something new on every Saturday in September, and if Over the Moon in Love has some summer elements to it, they could have aired it on the first Saturday (9/7) so it was right on the heels of their Summer Nights event.  Or they could have aired OTMIL on Labor Day.  Why they decided to air it on 10/5 as a kick-off to Fall Harvest is beyond me -- especially when they cut out two movies from the line-up that actually were Fall Harvest movies, complete with pumpkins and hay and all of that good stuff!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

So they didn't even digitally add any falling leaves or conspicuously autumnal trees to Over the Moon in Love?  lol  Wow.

Not in the leaked showing though I'd be highly amused if they suddenly appeared during the Saturday premiere viewing.

31 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Hallmark had enough movies filmed to where they could have aired something new on every Saturday in September, and if Over the Moon in Love has some summer elements to it, they could have aired it on the first Saturday (9/7) so it was right on the heels of their Summer Nights event.  Or they could have aired OTMIL on Labor Day.  Why they decided to air it on 10/5 as a kick-off to Fall Harvest is beyond me -- especially when they cut out two movies from the line-up that actually were Fall Harvest movies, complete with pumpkins and hay and all of that good stuff!

I'm really surprised they didn't do this. In the past they started in Sept for previous premieres and other viewers have noted the downsizing this year. It'd make so much more sense if this premiered during Sept like they originally planned. Someone on FB had a good idea to show all six movies but put some on Sunday. Not a bad idea unless Hallmark is really going for those Sat ratings busters (which, at this point, seems like a shoo-in anyway) or if they are really saving them for the app.

• Love 2