Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, twoods said:

How was last night’s movie? I like both leads but wanted to make sure it was decent before I wasted an hour and a half of my life. 

Pascale Hutton seems like such a lovely lady.  I’m starting to like everything she’s in because I think she makes them better. So, yeah, last night’s movie was pretty good!

Edited by ehall1052
Typo
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, twoods said:

How was last night’s movie? I like both leads but wanted to make sure it was decent before I wasted an hour and a half of my life. 

I'm not sure if you will like it,  but I thought it was pretty good too (to echo what ehall1052 said).  

I can see how some people would think it was a bit slow (and it is, in parts), with not too much happening. 

I was not expecting to like Pascale Hutton and Sam Page together, but it turns out that I did!  I think they were a good match, with decent chemistry.   I liked seeing her with someone other than Kavan Smith for a change.

I wouldn't say that this is the greatest Summer Nights movie they've ever done (my vote is still with Pearl in Paradise for that one!), but it was a pleasant movie with appealing leads.

• Love 5

Running around getting the meat and cheese ready for the smoker, and A Taste of Summer is on again. Roselyn Sanchez is the lead, and it is weird because I have seen this movie before, but we also have been  watching Grand Hotel on ABC, where she plays a highly cynical second wife with a whole lot of sex and snark.

I know I said this last time when this one came out, but they really could have over played her Hispanic features and accent, and turned her into another Charo or Sofia cartoon character, and they didn't.

I also think she forgave the love interest too soon given how many times he was a sneak to harm her new restaurant.

[Snark mode] I know I am typing now, but how is it the guys starting the smoker have so much time to open beers and stare at the coals? 

Sigh...I'll admit it's exactly what I expected, but I hoped that I'd get to see something other than the same movies they've been playing over and over for the past few weeks on the Labor Day movie countdown.

The Hallmark Channel's catalog has become so limited lately.  I know it's because so many of their movies are going off to their streaming service, but after the fourth or fifth showing of Summer Villa I've noticed in just the past month or so, I'm kind of losing patience with Hallmark (and I like Summer Villa).

Not that I expect new programming on a holiday, but when you're stuck in the house, it would be nice to have something I haven't seen in a while...

• Love 7

They should designate one day a week or at least one day a month to old school Hallmark Hall of Fame movies.  So many of those movies were so good and they had variety in genres that kept things interesting.  It’s been forever since I’ve seen Sarah Plain and Tall or Back When We Were Grownups.  Was Patron Saint Paul of Liars a Hallmark  movie or another network?  During 24/7 Christmas they could give us some classic movies from the past.  I think The Christmas Wish with Debbie Reynolds, Neil Patrick Harris and Naomi Watts was Hallmark and I haven’t see it on tv for years.  I don’t think Hallmark aired A Season for Miracles or Saint Maybe last year. I’m happy The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is still in rotation.  They have a huge library they can mix the older movies with the newer ones.  

• Love 11

Well, the Christmas/First Look  special aired in July, and the Christmas/Second Look special aired tonight, and Hallmark has already made some changes to at least a couple of premiere dates, and they moved one movie from the Hallmark Channel over to the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel! 

The movie starring Kevin McGarry (Christmas Scavenger Hunt) was originally scheduled for Wed., November 27th, but it has now been replaced by the Erin Krakow/Luke Macfarlane movie Sense, Sensibility & Snowmen.

The Ashley Newbrough movie Merry Christmas Match was first scheduled for July on the Hallmark Channel, and then it was moved all the way to December 22nd on the Hallmark Channel -- and now it is scheduled for Friday, October 25th... on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel.

lol    It's only September 2nd, but the schedule-changing shenanigans are starting early!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

The movie starring Kevin McGarry (Christmas Scavenger Hunt) was originally scheduled for Wed., November 27th, but it has now been replaced by the Erin Krakow/Luke Macfarlane movie Sense, Sensibility & Snowmen.

If only we could get through one Christmas without a movie that butchers a Jane Austen book. I guess it good they finally branched out beyond Pride and Prejudice. 

18 hours ago, kirinan said:

Sigh...I'll admit it's exactly what I expected, but I hoped that I'd get to see something other than the same movies they've been playing over and over for the past few weeks on the Labor Day movie countdown.

The Hallmark Channel's catalog has become so limited lately.  I know it's because so many of their movies are going off to their streaming service, but after the fourth or fifth showing of Summer Villa I've noticed in just the past month or so, I'm kind of losing patience with Hallmark (and I like Summer Villa).

Not that I expect new programming on a holiday, but when you're stuck in the house, it would be nice to have something I haven't seen in a while...

If you have Netflix, check out Falling Inn Love. It's essentially a Hallmark movie, right down to the title.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Jillybean said:

If you have Netflix, check out Falling Inn Love. It's essentially a Hallmark movie, right down to the title.

Thanks, Jillybean. Unfortunately, we don't have any streaming services, just cable--which is one reason I'm so bored with what's on TV. But our internet is too slow to support streaming without driving us nuts (Spectrum: BAD, but it's our only choice). I've noted the name, though, and if there's any way I can catch it, I will!

Hallmark published the first in their new cozy mystery series

Savanna Shepherd is a former art authenticator―someone who can tell a forgery from the real thing. She’s got a talent for spotting secrets hiding in plain sight. 

In the wake of a painful breakup, she moves back to her idyllic hometown on the banks of Lake Michigan. At least she’s close to her sisters again, and she’s enjoying her new job as a grade school art teacher. 

Savanna even rediscovers her creative soul when an old family friend hires her to paint a mural. But sad and strange incidents occur at the woman’s mansion, compelling Savanna to investigate. With a little help from her sisters―and from Aidan, the intriguing town doctor―will she be able to figure out what’s wrong with this picture?

This intriguing cozy mystery includes a free Hallmark original recipe for Holy Yum Baked Chicken.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was on vacation last week so I'm finally chiming in on the two movies.

All Summer Long aired at the beginning of my vacation and I was really hoping it would be the dud I was expecting it to be so I could just delete it after 20-30 minutes but it was competent, darnit.  Surprisingly watchable.  It's not one I'd watch over and over again but it was definitely not a dud.

I was hopeful for My One and Only because I like Sam Page, I like Pascale Hutton, I thought they'd be good together and I was excited that it looked like the story would be something different for Hallmark.

Pascale and Sam were good together but little things about the movie ended up disappointing me.  One, the premise behind the reality show was just stupid.  If there's just two people, they'd make maybe a half hour or hour episode not some ongoing series a la the Bachelorette season.  Bringing them to a ranch basically turned it into every other Hallmark fish out of water story complete with other guests (a show like that would probably keep everyone separated.)  At least they didn't have her give up the job she worked so hard to get at the end.

But the worst was the stupid "assume" joke they must have thought was cute but was actually annoying and almost toxic.  The movie starts with Sam's character being rude and patronizing to Pascale's character with his #hashtag remarks which was so odd considering his farm was going to host a reality show shoot.  Dating reality shows cool but people who use social media are bad? But okay, that's the rude beginning these all have that they usually move past.  Yet, towards the end of the movie, we have him making another assumption about her in that she had any control with how the show is advertised.  And instead of him apologizing to her for his jerk assumptions, they have her apologizing to him.  What did I miss? 

• Love 5
On 9/2/2019 at 2:20 PM, Luckylyn said:

They should designate one day a week or at least one day a month to old school Hallmark Hall of Fame movies.  So many of those movies were so good and they had variety in genres that kept things interesting.  It’s been forever since I’ve seen Sarah Plain and Tall or Back When We Were Grownups.  Was Patron Saint Paul of Liars a Hallmark  movie or another network?  During 24/7 Christmas they could give us some classic movies from the past.  I think The Christmas Wish with Debbie Reynolds, Neil Patrick Harris and Naomi Watts was Hallmark and I haven’t see it on tv for years.  I don’t think Hallmark aired A Season for Miracles or Saint Maybe last year. I’m happy The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is still in rotation.  They have a huge library they can mix the older movies with the newer ones.  

Judging from this page on their "Hallmark Movies Now" streaming service website, I think most of the old Hallmark Hall of Fame movies are only going to be shown on it going forward.   https://www.hmnow.com/movies/hallmark-hall-of-fame

They seem to have done a very good job growing the cable channels and their brand, but I think they may be overestimating how many folks are willing to spend another $6/month to get their streaming service.  I know I won't.  But maybe they have done market research that shows different.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I was hopeful for My One and Only because I like Sam Page, I like Pascale Hutton, I thought they'd be good together and I was excited that it looked like the story would be something different for Hallmark.

Pascale and Sam were good together but little things about the movie ended up disappointing me.  One, the premise behind the reality show was just stupid.  If there's just two people, they'd make maybe a half hour or hour episode not some ongoing series a la the Bachelorette season.  Bringing them to a ranch basically turned it into every other Hallmark fish out of water story complete with other guests (a show like that would probably keep everyone separated.)  At least they didn't have her give up the job she worked so hard to get at the end.

But the worst was the stupid "assume" joke they must have thought was cute but was actually annoying and almost toxic.  The movie starts with Sam's character being rude and patronizing to Pascale's character with his #hashtag remarks which was so odd considering his farm was going to host a reality show shoot.  Dating reality shows cool but people who use social media are bad? But okay, that's the rude beginning these all have that they usually move past.  Yet, towards the end of the movie, we have him making another assumption about her in that she had any control with how the show is advertised.  And instead of him apologizing to her for his jerk assumptions, they have her apologizing to him.  What did I miss? 

I haven't watched this one, but what you describe sounds pretty typical of the pervasive sexism in the Hallmark movies.

I don't think this has been posted yet?   If so, I completely overlooked it.  There are still some question marks as far as casting, but they are closing in on an almost-complete Christmas movie list.

Two links to the same info, just in case one site works better than another:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/heres-40-hallmark-christmas-movies-131637432.html

https://www.eonline.com/news/1070182/hallmark-s-2019-christmas-movi

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 2
On 8/26/2019 at 8:21 PM, Kohola3 said:
On 8/24/2019 at 9:24 PM, dreadfulLeigh said:

Ok, am I the only one fundamentally bothered by Autumn Reeser’s hair cut

I love it.

I loved it too.  I thought it looked fresh and fun.  My two daughters, 25 and 21 just got almost identical haircuts (the same as Autumn).  The 25 year old works in the creative side of tech and is very artistic and fashionable.  The 21 year old is starting grad school this week in a STEM field and is more practical.  Despite the differences in their styles they both chose that same hairstyle.

I was on vacation for two weeks and am just catching up on movies.  I saw the newest preview show for the holiday movies, but I haven't seen one for the next round (fall?) movies.  Have I missed it?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ShelleySue said:

I loved it too.  I thought it looked fresh and fun.  My two daughters, 25 and 21 just got almost identical haircuts (the same as Autumn).  The 25 year old works in the creative side of tech and is very artistic and fashionable.  The 21 year old is starting grad school this week in a STEM field and is more practical.  Despite the differences in their styles they both chose that same hairstyle.

I was on vacation for two weeks and am just catching up on movies.  I saw the newest preview show for the holiday movies, but I haven't seen one for the next round (fall?) movies.  Have I missed it?

The list of Fall Harvest movies is this:   https://cdn.crownmediadev.com/f5/e4/87c8d111415ab3ba4e189c9961fa/fallharvest-movie-guide-september.pdf

Over the Moon in Love (Jessica Lowndes/Wes Brown) -- September 21st

Love Under the Olive Tree (Tori Anderson/Ben Hollingsworth) -- September 28th

Country at Heart (Jessy Schram/Niall Matter) -- October 5th

Love, Fall & Order (Erin Cahill/Trevor Donovan) -- October 12th

Good Witch Halloween (usual Good Witch cast) -- October 19th

Last year there were 5 movies and a Good Witch special too -- so 6 Fall Harvest installments in all.  I would not be shocked if they toss in another random movie somewhere, but for now, we are down one from last year's total.

The Fall Harvest preview airs on Sunday, September 15th -- https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/2019-fall-harvest-preview-special

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

The list of Fall Harvest movies is this:   https://cdn.crownmediadev.com/f5/e4/87c8d111415ab3ba4e189c9961fa/fallharvest-movie-guide-september.pdf

Over the Moon in Love (Jessica Lowndes/Wes Brown) -- September 21st

Love Under the Olive Tree (Tori Anderson/Ben Hollingsworth) -- September 28th

Country at Heart (Jessy Schram/Niall Matter) -- October 5th

Love, Fall & Order (Erin Cahill/Trevor Donovan) -- October 12th

Good Witch Halloween (usual Good Witch cast) -- October 19th

Thank you. I thought that I had missed it.  I'm thrilled o see a Wes Brown movie!!!!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ShelleySue said:

Thank you. I thought that I had missed it.  I'm thrilled o see a Wes Brown movie!!!!

You're welcome!    Wes will be singing in it too!   It's interesting because, when Over the Moon in Love was filming, or had just wrapped up, Wes specifically told people that it was not a Hallmark movie.  He labeled it as "independent" at that time.   So I suppose that Jessica Lowndes (who wrote the movie and sings in it) was hoping Hallmark would take it, but maybe the deal was not finalized yet.  So Wes had to refer to it as independent until Hallmark picked it up.

Niall Matter and Jessy Schram are singing in their Fall movie too, apparently!

Here is another version of the Fall Harvest list (again, I would not be shocked if they toss in another one at the last minute, but this is all of it for now) -- https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/fall-harvest/fall-harvest-2019-movies

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 1

We watched a few on Labor Day for the countdown and now are getting caught up by watching the new movie. The Hallmark version of the Bachelor, only without the sex, drunkenness, and screeching, is more fun.

However, they were pushing the movie countdown with Michelle Vicary, the Hallmark programming VP, as the host. She was pretty good, but then I wondered. Putting the woman exec up as a counter to the judge allowing the Mark Steines lawsuit to go forward?

(Mark said he got fired for whistle blowing that the Hallmark male execs were leaning on the women working for/on the daily Home and Family show for sex, and also sexual harassment)

Edited by Happywatcher
  • Love 2

Watching "A Dash of Love," Peri Gilpin (Roz of Frasier fame) is the villain lead. OMG her face is pulled so tight I only recognized her because of her voice. She is rocking the "young face on an old neck" look. 😲

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

(Mark said he got fired for whistle blowing that the Hallmark male execs were leaning on the women working for/on the daily Home and Family show for sex, and also sexual harassment)

Hallmark aired the Rose Parade on New Year's Day, and Mark Steines was one of the hosts.  That was weird.

If I recall the story correctly, what supposedly happened was that Woody Fraser, the former Exec. Producer of Home & Family (who, I think, also played a big role in Cristina Ferrare being let go from her hosting gig there 3 years ago, as he told her she was too old and he wanted someone younger to host), was allegedly making inappropriate comments to some female staff members, and being generally inappropriate with his actions, including being handsy as well.  I think he may have propositioned some people, but I don't know if it got worse than that.

Supposedly Woody also made lewd comments about certain female guests (actresses) to Mark Steines, probably thinking it was OK to talk that way to another guy.

So, when a female who worked there or appeared as a recurring family member finally had enough and pursued legal action, Mark was going to vouch for her and support her statements about Woody Fraser based on what he had witnessed.

At some point -- and again, this is all alleged -- Michelle Vicary supposedly got mad at Mark for  speaking up against Woody, telling Mark something along the lines of that he was "putting us all in danger" by getting involved (whatever that means?).

There may have been another lawsuit filed by someone else too -- I'm not sure. 

But Mark was eventually fired, and he is claiming that it is because of his role in backing up the woman who was making the allegations against Woody.    He would have to prove that that IS the reason he was let go.  He was actually told he was let go for "creative" reasons.  He already tried to use an attorney who was connected to Crown Media at one point, so there was a conflict and he probably had to get a new one.

So the problems seem to have specifically revolved around the Home & Family set and how that whole mess with that one Exec. Producer was handled.  I could be totally wrong and out of the loop on the latest updates, but I didn't think that anyone else working on the show was accused of harassment or inappropriate behavior other than Woody Fraser.

I don't know how much of any of it is true or not true, but as I always say... who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

I know that I've always thought that Home & Family handled their family/cast members' exits quite poorly -- people who had been on the show for several years were suddenly just gone without a word, and the viewers were supposed to pretend they didn't notice they were gone.  Cristina Ferrare -- a host on the show for 4-1/2 years -- just vanished and the people on the show had to act like she was on vacation.   She never got a chance to say goodbye.   Supposedly the 75 crew members and people working on the show were not allowed to talk to her during that time (or so she said).  

Edited by TVFan17
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Hallmark aired the Rose Parade on New Year's Day, and Mark Steines was one of the hosts.  That was weird.

If I recall the story correctly, what supposedly happened was that Woody Fraser, the former Exec. Producer of Home & Family (who, I think, also played a big role in Cristina Ferrare being let go from her hosting gig there 3 years ago, as he told her she was too old and he wanted someone younger to host), was allegedly making inappropriate comments to some female staff members, and being generally inappropriate with his actions, including being handsy as well.  I think he may have propositioned some people, but I don't know if it got worse than that.

Supposedly Woody also made lewd comments about certain female guests (actresses) to Mark Steines, probably thinking it was OK to talk that way to another guy.

So, when a female who worked there or appeared as a recurring family member finally had enough and pursued legal action, Mark was going to vouch for her and support her statements about Woody Fraser based on what he had witnessed.

At some point -- and again, this is all alleged -- Michelle Vicary supposedly got mad at Mark for  speaking up against Woody, telling Mark something along the lines of that he was "putting us all in danger" by getting involved (whatever that means?).

But Mark was eventually fired, and he is claiming that it is because of his role in backing up the woman who was making the allegations against Woody.    He would have to prove that that IS the reason he was let go.  He was actually told he was let go for "creative" reasons.  He already tried to use an attorney who was connected to Crown Media at one point, so there was a conflict and he probably had to get a new one.

So the problems seem to have specifically revolved around the Home & Family set and how that whole mess with that one Exec. Producer was handled.  I could be totally wrong and out of the loop on the latest updates, but I didn't think that anyone else working on the show was accused of harassment or inappropriate behavior other than Woody Fraser.

I don't know how much of any of it is true or not true, but as I always say... who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

I know that I've always thought that Home & Family handled their family/cast members' exits quite poorly -- people who had been on the show for several years were suddenly just gone without a word, and the viewers were supposed to pretend they didn't notice they were gone.  Cristina Ferrare -- a host on the show for 4-1/2 years -- just vanished and the people on the show had to act like she was on vacation.   She never got a chance to say goodbye.   Supposedly the 75 crew members and people working on the show were not allowed to talk to her during that time (or so she said).  

I liked Mark on the show and once all that drama went down I quit watching Home and Family and never looked back. 

• Love 4

Saw a tweet about a Thanksgiving novella come up in my timeline on Twitter today.  The book A Match Made for Thanksgiving sounds like a good quick read. Wondering again why Hallmark  doesn't do any Halloween or Thanksgiving movies anymore. As if anyone asked them to start celebrating Christmas in October.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2

Just got finished with My One and Only.  I have to say, I loved Pascale’s lip color throughout and loved the half-up, ponytail from the hot air balloon scene.  In the Founder’s Day scene, they put a little too much blush on Alex.  

On 9/3/2019 at 11:37 PM, Irlandesa said:

Bringing them to a ranch basically turned it into every other Hallmark fish out of water story complete with other guests (a show like that would probably keep everyone separated.)  At least they didn't have her give up the job she worked so hard to get at the end.

I liked that Stephanie appeared to be more knowledgeable about ranch life. Also, I’m glad that the usual “we might lose the ranch” trope was not used. That storyline always gives me anxiety. It was nice to see a functioning and popular vacation spot. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, WarmSkull said:

I liked that Stephanie appeared to be more knowledgeable about ranch life. Also, I’m glad that the usual “we might lose the ranch” trope was not used. That storyline always gives me anxiety. It was nice to see a functioning and popular vacation spot. 

I finally caught My One and Only this afternoon, and I liked it very much. I agree, the "lose the ranch" thing is really tired, so I'm also glad they didn't go there. And I liked that Stephanie was smart and capable, and that both she and Oliver ended up happy, and that there were no villains. No, it's probably not among the best I've ever seen on the channel, but I'd watch it again.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, WarmSkull said:

That's because they were saving the "we might lose the ranch 'trope'" for Erin Krakow's A Summer Romance.

• Love 2
On 9/6/2019 at 1:00 AM, TVFan17 said:

Most boring show ever.  

Was Woody fired?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mikeb said:

Cameron is still being advertised for a Christmas movie convention in New Jersey in early November.  Unfortunately, I doubt he will be able to attend.   They did add a few new stars like Erin Krakow, Nikki DeLoach, and Paul Greene in addition to previously announced stars like Lacey Chabert and Alicia Witt since I last looked.

https://thats4entertainment.com/christmascon/

Cameron was on ET tonight, his surgery is tomorrow.  It's about a 6-8 week recovery.  I don't think there is any reason he wouldn't be able to attend.  According to him, the tumor looks to be completely contained within his kidney and doctors have told him it is unlikely he will need chemo or radiation.  Of course, that might change, but I could see Hallmark Channel using his recovery as part of their PR for the Christmas movie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Scheduling updates --

Hallmark has made some major changes to both their Fall Harvest line-up and their Christmas line-up.   Many things have been changed since when they first began promoting these line-ups, and Christmas will probably continue to change.

Fall Harvest

Right now, the Fall Harvest line-up is officially down to only 3 movies -- Country at Heart, Love, Fall & Order and Good Witch Halloween -- all airing in October.   Here is the page for it on the Hallmark website --   https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/fall-harvest/fall-harvest-2019-movies

Currently, Over the Moon in Love (with Jessica Lowndes/Wes Brown) has been removed from its September 21st slot and does not have a new showtime.

Love Under the Olive Tree (with Tori Anderson/Ben Hollingsworth) has been taken out of Fall Harvest, BUT has one lone showtime on October 5th, before Country at Heart premieres.

The 2019 Fall Harvest Preview schedule was scheduled for 9/15, then rescheduled for 9/29, and now has no showtimes at all (but I'm sure it will be rescheduled again).

Countdown to Christmas/Miracles of Christmas

The changes made to these schedules are too numerous to list, and they will likely continue well into October, November and early December. 

Hallmark has added in a new movie -- A Cheerful Christmas -- to the Hallmark Channel line-up -- something they likely acquired instead of a made-for-Hallmark movie.  So that brings the total of new movies up to 25 on that one channel.

Movies have been shuffled around on both the Hallmark Channel and on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries since the announcement of the schedule on Saturday and last week.  

So I will just say that these are the most recent schedules for the Hallmark Channel and for HMM, but expect more changes between now and December --

Miracles of Christmas -- https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/miracles-of-christmas/new-movies-2019

Countdown to Christmas -- https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/new-movies-countdown-to-christmas-2019

• Useful 5

I'm disappointed to see that it appears they are cutting Fall movies and adding Christmas ones. I like the Christmas ones, and I watch them, but I don't need to them start any earlier than they already do. Hopefully they're not moving those movie to the stupid app, but it wouldn't surprise me because I think that's what happened with the Key of Love movie that I thought looked good. Sorry Hallmark, I refuse to use an app to watch content that is more or less identical to what's airing on your channels that I already pay for. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

I'm disappointed to see that it appears they are cutting Fall movies and adding Christmas ones. I like the Christmas ones, and I watch them, but I don't need to them start any earlier than they already do. Hopefully they're not moving those movie to the stupid app, but it wouldn't surprise me because I think that's what happened with the Key of Love movie that I thought looked good. Sorry Hallmark, I refuse to use an app to watch content that is more or less identical to what's airing on your channels that I already pay for. 

They're essentially starting the Christmas movies at the same time they usually do, give or take a couple of days -- end of October -- but the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel usually doesn't premiere anything new until November even though they start their marathon in late October. This year, HMM is airing new movies in late October too, just like the main channel is.   And then Hallmark just suddenly stuck an acquired movie into the Countdown to Christmas out of nowhere.

Actually, I'm not surprised about them adding in extra Christmas movies.  I expected that would happen at some point.  That's fine (to me).  It doesn't bother me.  And, honestly, at this rate they might not even end up airing some of those Christmas movies on the linear channels.  They might suddenly decide to shuffle a couple of them off to the streaming service before they air on the channels.

However, the array of other schedule changes that have taken place in just the last couple of days -- premiere dates changing and movies jumping around on the Christmas schedule -- is something I didn't expect to see until next month and November!  lol  They are starting extra early with changing things around.

The Fall Harvest schedule changes are surprising, and I think it must either have to do with some last minute issues they encountered in post-production, OR they are going to do what they did with In the Key of Love and suddenly move one of the announced Fall movies to the streaming app at the last minute.  In other words, this might be more about wanting to lure people to the streaming app than anything else.   But so far there is no word about anything going to the streaming app, so who knows?

Huh...and they changed it again.

As of this evening, Over the Moon in Love is in the Oct. 5th slot. Still only down to three movies with the other two still the same.

Tbh, I'd be really surprised if they took out the Jessica Lowndes/Wes Brown movie for the Tori Andersen movie. The former  leads seems to be more known and faved.

What's interesting is the original pdf schedule is still on the site: https://cdn.crownmediadev.com/f5/e4/87c8d111415ab3ba4e189c9961fa/fallharvest-movie-guide-september.pdf

• Love 3