Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I watched two (Hope at Christmas and The Christmas Club) from a few years ago today. I like the actors and the scenarios were fine. I couldn't remember why I hadn't re-watched them and in both cases, they were ok until the bitchy overreactions to the  misunderstanding. Bleh. Also in Hope at Christmas, I couldn't get over the cavalierly cancelled at the last minute Hawaiian trip the child was supposed to take with her dad. "He won't mind!" 

• Love 1

Oh, man, they've already started the new holiday movies... ? I'm so behind the curve, this year. I haven't even caught up with the Amy Acker one from last Christmas in july, nor carved my pumpkin. *sigh*

(also, i've just learned about GAC Family, and everything around it. Yeesh.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, kirinan said:

Well. Danica McKellar is jumping ship, to GAC Family. 

I generally try not to judge actors for doing what is necessary to work but I’m having a hard time not judging the actors who are choosing GAC Family. The things that happened under Bill Abbott tenure were just that bad. 

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Hm. Does that mean her Matchmaker Mystery movies are over?

Probably. According to Deadline it’s a exclusive deal. 

I don’t think it was reported here but Trevor Donovan also signed a multi-picture deal with GAC Family.

I have a feeling that anyone who jumps ship will end up regretting it. GAC Family has a much smaller distribution and is going into a very crowded market that is on the decline. Hallmark is basically the pinnacle of what is possible and I can’t see anyone new gaining any traction. 

I saw that Trevor Donovan is teaming up with GAC Family to promote their anti-bullying campaign. He posted a clip and it looks like he’s doing a lot of good, but I’m wondering if this is GAC’s way of trying to have some good publicity since they are deemed as a a white Christians only channel. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, twoods said:

I saw that Trevor Donovan is teaming up with GAC Family to promote their anti-bullying campaign. He posted a clip and it looks like he’s doing a lot of good, but I’m wondering if this is GAC’s way of trying to have some good publicity since they are deemed as a a white Christians only channel. 

Hallmark used to be a sponsor of Trevor Donovan’s anti-bullying campaign. If that was something Abbott started before he was fired it would make sense that Donovan would be loyal to Abbott. I’m guessing no one at GAC Family gets the irony of them being involved with an anti-bullying campaign. 

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Hm. Does that mean her Matchmaker Mystery movies are over?

Possibly.  But there could also be a clause in her exclusive contract that would allow her to do sequels to this since it's already an established ongoing thing.

I don't see Hallmark bothering, however. 

• Love 1
On 10/25/2021 at 5:12 PM, KaveDweller said:

I agree, if it was meant to be a joke, it totally missed the mark. I didn't get that at all.

Benjamin Ayers confirmed it was a joke and that it missed the mark. Since it was improvised it seems like an editing fail. They should have cut it or had Danica react like it was a joke.

No loss (to me) though it seems a lot of others have moved on as well.  So long to Cindy Busby and a few others I don't like but I know are popular here (Jen Lilley, Jill Wagner.)  I was ok with some of the wooden but hot actors (Christopher Russell, Trevor Donovan) but honestly, don't even know who most of those people are.  I'm sure there are lots of other good looking men and women who will take their jobs and W Network here in Canada will probably carry the GAC movies anyway.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dani said:

Benjamin Ayers confirmed it was a joke and that it missed the mark. Since it was improvised it seems like an editing fail. They should have cut it or had Danica react like it was a joke.

I didn't even notice that "joke" during the movie, but still thought his character was written as younger & less mature than Ben comes across.  The role had an overall "aw, shucks" quality to it that, for me, didn't fit the actor.  (Or maybe I just prefer him as the Dr.-Callan-in-Falling-for-Vermont type!)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I didn't even notice that "joke" during the movie, but still thought his character was written as younger & less mature than Ben comes across.  The role had an overall "aw, shucks" quality to it that, for me, didn't fit the actor.  (Or maybe I just prefer him as the Dr.-Callan-in-Falling-for-Vermont type!)

I LOVED him in Falling for Vermont! He and Julie Gonzalo need to do another project together. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 4

I would love to see a GAC thread because with all of these changes, it would be nice to see where everyone lands and what movies will be showing on GAC.  Before I read about Danica, I knew zero about GAC channel.  I'll seek it out periodically for a couple of the actors I like.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Dani said:

Glad that he recognized it was a major fail.  Probably best not to ad lib if your acting partner doesn't react!

I don't get GAC and I am definitely grateful that I don't!

Just can't wrap my mind around Christmas movies when I am still out mowing my lawn....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

I would love to see a GAC thread because with all of these changes, it would be nice to see where everyone lands and what movies will be showing on GAC.  Before I read about Danica, I knew zero about GAC channel.  I'll seek it out periodically for a couple of the actors I like.

I started a GAC movie thread

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Before I read about Danica, I knew zero about GAC channel.

I think that's the point.  Just having actors who also do Hallmark movies isn't going to make the channel stand out from Hallmark, HMM, UP, Lifetime, BYU or any other channel that does the romcom or heartwarming holiday movies. 

But "stealing" one of Hallmark's leading ladies gets the network press.  And that's why I don't think some of the actors who are doing movies for Abbott are completely leaving Hallmark.  Time will tell and maybe this is just the beginning of the rollout but I definitely think if he were able to get Wagner, Lilley or Mathieson exclusively we'd be hearing about it as an F You gesture towards Hallmark.

He probably overpaid for those exclusive agreements as well. 

I think the others don't want to burn their bridges.  Hallmark is established and still at the top of the heap.  Plus, I don't think they demand exclusivity.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

Hmm. So does that mean most of those actors have deals with GAC or is it when they do movies for Hallmark and Lifetime? Because some of those actors are surprising.

Only Danica McKellar and Trevor Donovan have exclusive deals. Hallmark and Lifetime haven’t done exclusive deals and seem to prefer a lot of flexibility. Some of the Hallmark stables have talked going from being offered a role to filming in days. That’s why you tend to see many of the same actors pop up all over the place. 

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But "stealing" one of Hallmark's leading ladies gets the network press.

Absolutely. It’s telling that their first big move was to hire Laughlin which brought in a lot of press. 

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And that's why I don't think some of the actors who are doing movies for Abbott are completely leaving Hallmark.  Time will tell and maybe this is just the beginning of the rollout but I definitely think if he were able to get Wagner, Lilley or Mathieson exclusively we'd be hearing about it as an F You gesture towards Hallmark.

He probably overpaid for those exclusive agreements as well. 

I think the others don't want to burn their bridges.  Hallmark is established and still at the top of the heap.  Plus, I don't think they demand exclusivity.

I completely agree. I’ve saw someone of Twitter speculating the Candace Cameron Bure would jump ship but I can’t see her being that short sighted even if she is more aligned with GAC politically. 

Edited by Guest
On 10/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, EyewatchTV211 said:

Has anyone seen Christmas in My Heart? I don't think I've seen it mentioned with the other new movies. I liked it more than I was expecting to. 

I really enjoyed this one. One of my new faves of the year so far.

• Love 1

We'd like to offer some clarity for this thread. 

Personal Politics vs. Hot Button Issues

The board has a no personal politics rule.  This rule refers to discussion and opinion on political figures and political parties.  If you feel a post violates the personal politics rule, please report it.

Discussions about diversity and representation in the movies, however, aren't considered personal politics. They're hot button or societal issues and are generally fair game as long as it is related to the subject of the thread.

Hallmark and GAC

Moving forward, please try to keep Hallmark talk, whether it's positive or negative, in one of the two Hallmark threads or the holiday movie thread.

And now that there's a GAC thread, talk about that network's movies, whether positive or negative, should go there or in the holiday thread if the movie fits in that category.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

Lifetime has some nice Christmas movies too. Starting November 12 this year. I think they have a thread here.

Back to Hallmark.

I really enjoyed "Boyfriends of Christmas Past". Loved the story, wonderful diverse cast! Something different for 2021! 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2021 at 4:58 PM, kirinan said:

I honestly don't think that's what Hallmark was trying to do. No, I can't know what was in the writer's head, but it definitely came across to me as a joke. He said it with a kind of "and if you believe THAT I have a bridge to sell you..." look on his face, and she either smiled or laughed (I can't remember now) like she knew what he was doing.

It reminded me very much of the way my grandma always said she was 39 with a wink, until she died in her 80s.

My grandmother used to say she was "21 Plus". Or "29 Plus". Darn, now I forget!

But the same idea as your grandmother! 😉

• Love 1

Lacey Chabert seems so nice in real life. I just saw her on celebrity Wheel of Fortune when Melissa Joan Hart won the million dollars for her charity. She seemed so genuinely happy for her.

Danica seems so sweet too IRL. 

• Love 3

I really liked The Santa Stakeout.  As someone else said, I agree this would have been epic with Kimberly Sustand.  Oh my gosh, that I would have rewatched 100 times.

I personally will not miss Danica.  I don't think she's a very good actress and if it wasn't for playing Winnie I don't think she'd still be working.  

• Love 10

I really enjoyed Santa Stakeout. The beginning had all the things I like least in these movies with the overblown animosity between the leads but once they focused on the mystery it really improved. 

Christmas in My Heart was a surprising standout. The plot wasn’t unique but it reminded me of the type of movie Hallmark would have made a decade ago. I was very surprised by the scene where the daughter talked about what it meant to see a violinist who looked like her. They’re not just adding diversity but doing it in a way that feels thoughtful and realistic. 

Edited by Guest

I don't know how I missed the first airing of Christmas In My Heart but I'm recording a repeat of it.

Speaking of doing diversity in a non-Hallmark way, that's how I felt watching tonight's Christmas In Harmony.  It was actually written by a black woman and directed by a black man.  You aren't normally going to get lead characters in Hallmark movies talking about being "booed up" or being yelled at because they don't know the difference between a bop and a banger.

Reading the been there/done that plot description, I didn't think I'd be as engaged in the movie as I ended up being but I ended up really enjoying it. Execution matters so much and the above average script, actors and music made this movie work for me.

I do think it was a Hallmark pickup and not produced in house but I'm glad they selected it. It goes to show you how much execution can matter. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, quickjessie said:

I really liked The Santa Stakeout.  As someone else said, I agree this would have been epic with Kimberly Sustand.  Oh my gosh, that I would have rewatched 100 times.

I personally will not miss Danica.  I don't think she's a very good actress and if it wasn't for playing Winnie I don't think she'd still be working.  

That's funny. If she were the lead, it wouldn't have made it to my watchlist. She works better as a side character than a lead for me. Loved her in A Bride for Christmas and All Things Valentine, but she can't seem to carry my interest as a lead. I'm definitely in the minority with that I'm sure though!

26 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know how I missed the first airing of Christmas In My Heart but I'm recording a repeat of it.

Speaking of doing diversity in a non-Hallmark way, that's how I felt watching tonight's Christmas In Harmony.  It was actually written by a black woman and directed by a black man.  You aren't normally going to get lead characters in Hallmark movies talking about being "booed up" or being yelled at because they don't know the difference between a bop and a banger.

Reading the been there/done that plot description, I didn't think I'd be as engaged in the movie as I ended up being but I ended up really enjoying it. Execution matters so much and the above average script, actors and music made this movie work for me.

I do think it was a Hallmark pickup and not produced in house but I'm glad they selected it. It goes to show you how much execution can matter. 

All of this. I was wondering who was behind the scenes because it felt culturally accurate. I'm curious who was behind Christmas in My Heart because the dialogue with representation and black hairstyles being seen as unprofessional was so accurate as well. Both had enough whimsy with a dose of cultural relevancy. A nice balance.

It's funny because Christmas in Harmony didn't grab my attention from the previews, but I'm really glad I tuned in.

Hallmark really needs to do something about its previews and clips. They seem to pick the dullest parts of the movies instead of encompassing some intrigue to entice viewers to tune in.

Btw, is anyone here playing the Hallmark Countdown to Christmas movie game? I'm enjoying it more this year than past years when you had to guess the viewer numbers of their premieres. I like playing the trivia and earning badges.

• Love 2

I'm sure I will be well and truly over it by the time the season is over, but one of the good things about the start of Countdown to Christmas is that I have the opportunity to watch and tape a lot of movies from previous seasons that are actually worth watching again.  Movies like Christmas Getaway (yuck, but Travis Van Winkle) Holiday Hearts (yuck, but Paul Campbell) and A Bride For Christmas (good movie, and Andrew Walker.)

I tried to watch Christmas In Harmony last night, but couldn't stick with it.  I did watch a movie called Seasoned With Love which may or may not be a Hallmark movie but featured Peter Benson and Julia Benson, both of whom I have seen as secondary characters in a lot of Hallmarks.  Anyway, it was totally predictable, but sweet.  More like old-school, where she gives up her high powered life to stay in the small town where her car broke down and she ends up saving the Floral Fest.  I believe the leads are married in real life and the chemistry was obvious.

On 10/26/2021 at 6:20 PM, Valentine said:

Also in Hope at Christmas, I couldn't get over the cavalierly cancelled at the last minute Hawaiian trip the child was supposed to take with her dad. "He won't mind!" 

OMG - yes!  As far as we could see in the show, the dad seemed like he was a good dad, yet show didn't mind the tyke and mom throwing him over without a thought. Nice message there to divorced dads, Hallmark!

Two other things irked me about this movie:

1) Sydney admitted in her first job interview that she had been out of the business for a while and was exclusively a stay-at-home-mom.  Yet she was offered the position of *Associate* Director!??!    Not just a part of the marketing department, but one step away from the head of the department?!  I could only see this happening if it was a nepotism hire.

2) Sydney buys the bookstore even though she has zero experience as a small business owner.  🙄    

On 10/27/2021 at 7:44 AM, bankerchick said:

No loss (to me) though it seems a lot of others have moved on as well.  So long to Cindy Busby and a few others I don't like but I know are popular here (Jen Lilley, Jill Wagner.)  I was ok with some of the wooden but hot actors (Christopher Russell, Trevor Donovan) but honestly, don't even know who most of those people are.  I'm sure there are lots of other good looking men and women who will take their jobs and W Network here in Canada will probably carry the GAC movies anyway.

I should read the GAC thread because it seems like alot of Hallmark folks are going over there. I don't think GAC is part of my cable package, but that's OK with me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I should read the GAC thread because it seems like alot of Hallmark folks are going over there. I don't think GAC is part of my cable package, but that's OK with me.

When actors go over to GAC, will they no longer work for Hallmark? There are actors who work for Lifetime and Hallmark, Andrew Walker being one.

10 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

When actors go over to GAC, will they no longer work for Hallmark? There are actors who work for Lifetime and Hallmark, Andrew Walker being one.

It depends on if they sign exclusive deals. Trevor Donovan and Danica signed deals so no longer working for Hallmark. Others like Chad Michael Murray has movies on GAC but seems to be still on Lifetime and Hallmark.

9 minutes ago, twoods said:

It depends on if they sign exclusive deals. Trevor Donovan and Danica signed deals so no longer working for Hallmark. Others like Chad Michael Murray has movies on GAC but seems to be still on Lifetime and Hallmark.

The article linked in the GAC thread has the following paragraph which I copied and pasted below. I assume these actors are not leaving Hallmark to work exclusively for GAC.......

"Double Dippers

The network's upcoming slate includes dozens of Hallmark stars, including Cameron Mathison, Debbie Matenopoulos, Nick Bateman, Rukiya Bernard, Cindy Busby, Sara Canning, Dillon Casey, Torrance Coombs, Trevor Donovan, Brendan Fehr, Jennie Garth, Maggie Lawson, Jen Lilley, Sarah Lind, Daniel Lissing, Jessica Lowndes, Matthew MacCaull, Chad Michael Murray, Sam Page, Merritt Patterson, Christopher Russell, Becca Tobin, Jill Wagner and Dewshane Williams."

Edited by luvthepros

The recent movies had such a drastic improvement in diversity that I looked up info on the new CEO. This interview is from earlier in the year but I don’t think it was posted before. She’s really interesting. Fun fact: her father was the first Black GM in the MLB and her uncle was Hank Aaron. 
How Hallmark’s New CEO Is Harnessing the Iconic Brand to Better Reflect Society

Coming from a trailblazing family — your father was the first Black MLB GM — to a network that has historically struggled with diversity and inclusion, did you feel in the hiring process that Crown Media was open to actually embracing diversity?

I did. Mike Perry, who runs the whole company, is one of the most authentic leaders I have ever met. Mike and [head of originals] Michelle Vicary started making meaningful change before I got there. I might have been skeptical, but it was already in play. What is my value add? There is a difference between representation — “the Black best friend” — and authentic storytelling. We can go even deeper in representing the latter. I look at what we do in our brand as an opportunity to be a connector: binding people together with an understanding that we are different and we have differences, but we have common experiences even though they may manifest themselves slightly differently. One of the things I’m trying to do is infuse culture, going beyond sexuality and race. A Black person from New Orleans is not like a Black person from Brooklyn. How do we continue to peel back the layers and the dimensions that make us who we are? That is the opportunity I see. When I see depth and breadth, that’s what I think.

21 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It wasn’t an acquired movie. Crown Media co-produced it and it was identified as a Hallmark movie while filming. 

Edited by Guest

I enjoyed Christmas in my Heart, too. The young girl playing the daughter was excellent and Sheryl Lee Ralph was her dependable self.  I’m one of the few who likes Luke McFarland. Maybe he does have more of a best friend vibe than a hot date but I find that he comes across as caring, gentlemanly, and kind. And I’m attracted to that. 

• Love 4

Did anyone watch The Christmas Promise? I don't understand why the fiance had to go get the ice? Wasn't that party at Susan's home? When Susan told the African American male to go get ice, were those THEIR children he said he had to wake up?!  If the kids are in THEIR home, why would they have to wake up just to get ice with daddy?! If someone has a clearer understanding, please respond.

As for Joe - whatever. He came across as a little stalkery. He was supposedly "Teddy's" friend that Teddy says he's known for YEARS, yet the only scene they had together was when Joe admitted to Teddy that he ended up with Henry's phone. [Yeah, yeah - Joe and Teddy attended the same social functions but they never actually had scenes together.]

If Pops had two granddaughters (Nicole and Gail), how come he never had scenes with Gail? And how would Gail feel that Nicole ended up with Grandma's pin?

The scavenger hunt took place in 25 degree weather?!  You couldn't really tell by how under dressed some of them were in Susan's backyard. Speaking of the backyard - WOW it was huge! It seemed like Susan lived far out in the country with acres of backyard space, but we can see from other shots that she lives in a typical suburb. So unrealistic, but then that's Hallmark for you, with the house porn, food porn (Mike's bakery had AMAZING goodies), clothes porn, etc. People seem to live upscale/upper middle class lives without a source of income that would account for that sort of living.

Finally, out of all the permutations of relationships (romantic, familial  or friendship) the only one that seemed genuine was Pops and Nicole. Patrick Duffy really brought warmth to his role. All the others just felt to me like actors going through the motions.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Did anyone watch The Christmas Promise? I don't understand why the fiance had to go get the ice? Wasn't that party at Susan's home? When Susan told the African American male to go get ice, were those THEIR children he said he had to wake up?!  If the kids are in THEIR home, why would they have to wake up just to get ice with daddy?! If someone has a clearer understanding, please respond.

The fiance didn't have to go.  He volunteered to go when they were out of ice.  The 'wake the kids' part was part of a joke.

Woman: We're out of ice.
Man: What do you want me to do?
Woman: Go break off some icicles.
Tom:  I'll go.
Woman:  No need.  Go wake up the kids. We need those icicles. (She was joking they could help them break off the icicles.)

The fiance volunteered to go pick up some ice. I also think he was one of the few not drinking.  He turned down punch earlier at the party.

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Speaking of the backyard - WOW it was huge! It seemed like Susan lived far out in the country with acres of backyard space, but we can see from other shots that she lives in a typical suburb.

I didn't think it was that huge.  If anything, I thought it was kind of silly to have a scavenger hunt in a yard that small. 

I watched The Christmas Promise and Christmas in My Heart back to back and it made an interesting double header of people coming together through grief.  I liked both movies although Christmas In My Heart was better.  The Christmas Promise ended on a strong note.

11 hours ago, Dani said:

The recent movies had such a drastic improvement in diversity that I looked up info on the new CEO. This interview is from earlier in the year but I don’t think it was posted before. She’s really interesting. Fun fact: her father was the first Black GM in the MLB and her uncle was Hank Aaron. 
How Hallmark’s New CEO Is Harnessing the Iconic Brand to Better Reflect Society

Thank you so much for posting this article, @Dani. Wonya Lucas is definitely a step in the right direction toward making Hallmark Channel movies more inclusive. I would love to see a REAL Hanukkah movie, not just Hanukkah filtered through a Christian POV.

And while I know this doesn't fit into Hallmark's fantasy world, I also want to see a funny holiday movie with crabby kids and sullen teenagers and fighting family members who all come together in the end. "OMG, would you STOP pushing the hot cocoa and gingerbread contest on me already, Tina? Life is NOT a perfect Christmas movie!" (Okay, that would be a little too meta, I guess. But still.)

She's got a big job ahead of her. But she seems kicka$$ enough to handle it. So hmm, I wonder if we can get her started on improving the writing next... 

• Love 5

I liked Christmas in Harmony .   I enjoyed the cast including the side characters.  There was one scene when a side character was eating popcorn while clearly enjoying the drama between the characters and I just loved that moment if humor.  I am always happy to see Loretta Devine.   One thing I liked was the lead character was allowed to return to New York to follow her dreams.  I liked the characters had personalities and that there was touches of humor.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kirinan said:

So hmm, I wonder if we can get her started on improving the writing next... 

It's early but I think the writing has improved.  The plots might sounds like the same old plots but, other than You, Me & The Christmas Tree, I feel the writing has been less bland this year.

I didn't watch Coyote Creek Christmas so I can't judge that one.  It would have had to have a lot of good reviews for me to go back to that one but Ryan Paevy + the first few minutes made me decide to just wait.

• Love 3

OK, I am watching Christmas In Evergreen: Letters to Santa and I have two things to say.  Firstly, I was quite vocal on here before about my dislike of Jill Wagner, and also, my disbelief that she and Tricia Helfer are not the same person.  Well, I happened to see each of them in a movie today and while I'm still not convinced they aren't the same person (except for Helfer's giant mouth) I must be honest and say that Jill Wagner is not awful.  In fact, she's quite likeable in this movie and also another movie I saw her in (decorating for the widower, who flips out about a broken bowl) so I guess I need to apologize to her and all her fans, many of whom are on this site apparently.                                                                                   Secondly, and this is about the movie, not the actress:  the guy jumps to a conclusion about Jill's character and her partner, and when he realizes there is no romance there, he says, 'I guess instead of making an assumption, I should have talked to you.'  They're all happy and lovey-dovey until he sees her celebrating with her partner about the fantastic job she's been offered, then AGAIN, he assumes she must have accepted the offer so he takes a job in another town without talking to her first.  Jeez, if you're going to actually vocalize the lesson, at least remember it for a day or two.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

One thing I liked was the lead character was allowed to return to New York to follow her dreams. 

Quite a departure from the standard "big city, bad;  hometown, good" trope.  I loved that.

• Love 3

I’ve now watched every Christmas movie except You, Me & the Christmas Trees and tonight’s and I’m wondering if Hallmark issued a moratorium on “The Misunderstanding”. Even the movies that had misunderstanding written all over it like Coyote Creek Christmas side-stepped that tired trope. 

I would not recommend Coyote Creek Christmas to anyone who hasn’t watched it yet. Paige was insufferably judgmental of Dylan’s lifestyle and his actions even though he wasn’t doing anything wrong. She needed to STFU about trusting him. Dylan deserved better than her.

I was far more interested in the relationship between woman who worked for the hotel and the musician. 

4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Quite a departure from the standard "big city, bad;  hometown, good" trope.  I loved that.

Me, too. I also loved that she got to be both the record executive and recording artist. 

Edited by Guest

Christmas Sail was another movie that ended up being better than I was expecting based on the previews.  Katee Sackhoff looked unrecognizable but I thought there was some genuine charm and even wit to the script. 

And the moment the lead guy told the lead girl his feelings, the moment felt almost sexy.  Not a lustful sexy but the kind of sexy where there is definitely the tension of a man declaring long held feelings at last. 

• Love 2

I went in with low expectations but ended up loving Christmas Sail. Katee Sackoff and Patrick Sabongui were very good together but it was really Terry O’Quinn that raised it above the average Hallmark movie. It felt like one of the more complete movies with multiple believable relationships. The little girl was also very good. Hallmark is nailing their supporting casts this year.  

Plus another movie where the man realizes he can move to the city rather than the woman giving up her entire life. 

43 minutes ago, Dani said:

Plus another movie where the man realizes he can move to the city rather than the woman giving up her entire life. 

I don't think either were planning to move at this point.  It's just that he was going to do more work in the Seattle area and she was going to visit more often.  They were going to two-city it which I think is smart for where they are in the relationship. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dani said:

I went in with low expectations but ended up loving Christmas Sail. Katee Sackoff and Patrick Sabongui were very good together

Good for him for graduating past the perennial "best friend of male lead."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think either were planning to move at this point.  It's just that he was going to do more work in the Seattle area and she was going to visit more often.  They were going to two-city it which I think is smart for where they are in the relationship. 

Yes but I was just referring to his realization that he could move and that he didn’t have to stay in his hometown for his mother.