Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

WendyCR72

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ctlady said:

There's a neat concept.  HMM:  Where Are They Now?  But then we may have to deal with their utterly adorable, snarky, precocious children

Who interrupt every time the couple is about to kiss. <eye roll>

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Experienced or not?  Equipped or not?  Naïve or not?  Dismissive of the other or not?  Ha!  At the end of the day, they are going to fall in love and no doubt live happily ever after.  It would be interesting to jump ahead 5 years and re-visit all the couples who fell in love despite being different in 100% of ways.  Small town/big city.  Farmer/high powered exec.  Easygoing guy/bitchy girl.  Christmas lover/Christmas hater.  Not to mention one of the parties (99% of the time the woman) who automatically jumps to conclusions, won't let the other party explain and thinks the answer is to give up on what they may have started to build to flee the scene and refuse to take phone calls while sitting on the couch at home bitching to her friends about the one who got away.

Maybe that's why they don't do a lot of sequels, and if they do stay in-universe they focus on different couples (Wedding March, Christmas in Evergreen). If Hallmark/HMM ever did sequels they would have to admit that 90% of their couples broke up after a few months when the bubble of their Insert Life-Altering Situation/Vacation/Holiday wore off and these people had to actually, y'know, spend time together in real life.

But on the other hand, I would love to see Hallmark explain how Candace Cameron-Bure had deep, meaningful, and lasting relationships with eight or nine different guys, what with how many movies she's been in :)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Experienced or not?  Equipped or not?  Naive or not?  Dismissive of the other or not?  Ha!  At the end of the day, they are going to fall in love and no doubt live happily ever after.  It would be interesting to jump ahead 5 years and re-visit all the couples who fell in love despite being different in 100% of ways.  Small town/big city.  Farmer/high powered exec.  Easygoing guy/bitchy girl.  Christmas lover/Christmas hater.  Not to mention one of the parties (99% of the time the woman) who automatically jumps to conclusions, won't let the other party explain and thinks the answer is to give up on what they may have started to build to flee the scene and refuse to take phone calls while sitting on the couch at home bitching to her friends about the one who got away.

 

4 hours ago, ctlady said:

There's a neat concept.  HMM:  Where Are They Now?  But then we may have to deal with their utterly adorable, snarky, precocious children

Yeah, but that's why fairy tales end by TELLING us "And they lived happily ever after" - not SHOWING us. HMM especially seem ripe for lots of failed relationships based on what @bankerchick posted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's so wonderful to come here and read the comments and be able to say what I really feel about a movie.  Have you read the comments for the Eagle movie on the various Hallmark facebook pages?  They are all so gushy about how wonderful the movie is, how great the chemistry is between the couple, how (even if it is slightly similar to Waterfalls) the plot is original, etc. Sometimes when I read them I feel like I must have watched a different movie.  But then I come here and my grip with reality is restored. Thank you.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

Sometimes when I read them I feel like I must have watched a different movie. 

I woudn't be surprised if Hallmark blocked anybody with disparaging remarks.  Their Hallmark Hausfraus are such a cult.

Share this post


Link to post

Probably unlikely, but has Hallmark announced a vaccine mandate moving forward? Just curious. I know Laura Osnes is in next week's movie. Wondering if she'll rely on Hallmark moving forward for a bit, as I think I read that she was kicked off of a Broadway show for refusing to be vaccinated. 

  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just checked that and if the news articles are correct, it was just a one-night production of a show, and she quit because there was a requirement for all participants to be vaccinated.  It also said  that all Broadway productions are requiring full vaccinations for all.   She says she and her husband consulted with a physician (?) and are still thinking about whether to vaccinate.  Well, okay.

That said, the promos are up for that Fall movie she is in -- obviously Hallmark doesn't have the vaccination requirements that Broadway does.  This new one concerns wine makers (Formula story #27), with a hero from Argentina.  How does this movie look to y'all?  I'm unexcited.  

Edited by Chippings
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Chippings said:

I just checked that and if the news articles are correct, it was just a one-night production of a show, and she quit because there was a requirement for all participants to be vaccinated.  It also said  that all Broadway productions are requiring full vaccinations for all.   She says she and her husband consulted with a physician (?) and are still thinking about whether to vaccinate.  Well, okay.

That said, the promos are up for that Fall movie she is in -- obviously Hallmark doesn't have the vaccination requirements that Broadway does.  How does this movie look to y'all?  I'm unexcited.  

She quit a one-night production of a Broadway show and was also forced off a national Disney Princess concert tour because of her refusal to get vaccinated.

Edited by mikeb
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I saw Meredith Hagner on Jimmy Kimmel last night and remembered that she played in a couple of Hallmark Christmas movies.  Meredith plays a variation of a spunky, energetic woman in her roles and is too much for some folks but I love that she's similar in real life.

Anyway, one of her movies was "My Christmas Love" where she began getting anonymous gifts representing the 12 days of Christmas.  I won't go further into the plot but this script is an example of a Christmas movie that has its own identity and not just a retooling of most of the scripts they are recycling these days.  I thought the movie was fun and sweet and a scad unpredictable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/6/2021 at 7:20 PM, norcalgal said:

2) this takes place in Alaska, but I could have sworn one shot depicted Half Dome, which is in Yosemite National Park in California

 

It was filmed in British Columbia.

Share this post


Link to post

An Unexpected Christmas with Tyler Hynes and Bethany Joy Lenz is one of this year's Hallmark Christmas movies--and it appears the story is by Paul Campbell!

I know Bethany Joy Lenz is not everyone's cuppa, but I like her. And of course, Tyler Hynes. I'm also hopeful that Paul Campbell's story will have his humor (and dare I hope for a bit of his trademark snark?). So there's at least one movie I know I'll watch this year. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Chippings said:

I just checked that and if the news articles are correct, it was just a one-night production of a show, and she quit because there was a requirement for all participants to be vaccinated.  It also said  that all Broadway productions are requiring full vaccinations for all.   She says she and her husband consulted with a physician (?) and are still thinking about whether to vaccinate.  Well, okay.

That said, the promos are up for that Fall movie she is in -- obviously Hallmark doesn't have the vaccination requirements that Broadway does.  This new one concerns wine makers (Formula story #27), with a hero from Argentina.  How does this movie look to y'all?  I'm unexcited.  

 

8 hours ago, mikeb said:

She quit a one-night production of a Broadway show and was also forced off a national Disney Princess concert tour because of her refusal to get vaccinated.

Thanks for the correction, both of you. And Chippings, I asked about Hallmark because I assumed she filmed her movie before vaccine mandates became a thing. I guess we'll see. I wasn't excited by the preview for her movie either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, kirinan said:

An Unexpected Christmas with Tyler Hynes and Bethany Joy Lenz is one of this year's Hallmark Christmas movies--and it appears the story is by Paul Campbell!

I know Bethany Joy Lenz is not everyone's cuppa, but I like her. And of course, Tyler Hynes. I'm also hopeful that Paul Campbell's story will have his humor (and dare I hope for a bit of his trademark snark?). So there's at least one movie I know I'll watch this year. 

I like Bethany Joy Lenz, too.  She does not have “the perky” that so many of the Hallmark actresses have.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

No fan of Bethany Joy Lenz, and find many of her movies unwatchable.  Generally depends on her male co-star, and Tyler Hynes is certainly hot enough to make me want to check it out, but I question why Paul Campbell is not starring in his own movie?  Not hard to look at, though not as traditionally handsome as some of the Hallmark hunks, but far and away the funniest, snarkiest, most fun to watch (except for the execrable Holiday Hearts) and in real life, the one I'd most like to marry.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Watching All of My Heart which is notable because firstly, I don't hate Lacy Chabert in it, but also, it's the guy who sees a small part of an interaction, jumps to conclusions and leaves the woman, the bed and breakfast and the town to go back to the life he hated in the city.   I am also really liking the big, tall, taciturn hardware store owner (Daniel Cudmore.)  They should do a movie with him as the lead.  It's also bittersweet that Ed Asner is the old man on the bench.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

Watching All of My Heart which is notable because firstly, I don't hate Lacy Chabert in it, but also, it's the guy who sees a small part of an interaction, jumps to conclusions and leaves the woman, the bed and breakfast and the town to go back to the life he hated in the city.   I am also really liking the big, tall, taciturn hardware store owner (Daniel Cudmore.)  They should do a movie with him as the lead.  It's also bittersweet that Ed Asner is the old man on the bench.

Yes, RIP Ed. 

I'm currently watching Baby it's Cold Inside. An ice hotel sounds so fun. In reality I'd be wrapped in about ten duvets.

Share this post


Link to post

I watched "A Honeymoon to Remember" that didn't look like a tropical location. That wasn't real ocean, it looked like a lake.

It gets props for not a typical ending.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I watched "A Honeymoon to Remember" that didn't look like a tropical location. That wasn't real ocean, it looked like a lake.

It gets props for not a typical ending.

How did it end?  I tried so hard to watch this, but just couldn't get past the lead character.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, would put up with that woman.  Every single little thing had to be managed by her.  Which exact seat in the restaurant for the proposal.  What dress she would wear, what they would eat.  Buying a wedding dress long before.  Booking a changed venue without talking to the groom.  I thought maybe it was just setting up the character at the beginning but I went back a few times, and every time, she was screwing something else up for somebody because it wasn't exactly the way she thought it should be (changing the lapels on his tux???) 

I have seen that lead actor (Edward Ruttle) in a few movies outside the standard W network Hallmark lineup.  He's kind've appealing in a charming frat boy sort of way.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, bankerchick said:

How did it end?  I tried so hard to watch this, but just couldn't get past the lead character.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, would put up with that woman.  Every single little thing had to be managed by her.  Which exact seat in the restaurant for the proposal.  What dress she would wear, what they would eat.  Buying a wedding dress long before.  Booking a changed venue without talking to the groom.  I thought maybe it was just setting up the character at the beginning but I went back a few times, and every time, she was screwing something else up for somebody because it wasn't exactly the way she thought it should be (changing the lapels on his tux???) 

I have seen that lead actor (Edward Ruttle) in a few movies outside the standard W network Hallmark lineup.  He's kind've appealing in a charming frat boy sort of way.

She reunited with the fiancee who dumped her, he re-proposed after he did a redo of prom.

Usually it's also the new guy who wins lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just finished Roadside Romance.  Tyler was his usual wonderful, natural, sexy self in this.  Lauren Alaina will never need to clear space on the mantle for an acting award but she's a hell of a lot better than Katherine MacPhee is we're talking women from American Idol.  

The plot was slightly better than the usual but even with Tyler as the male lead the romance was a tough sell.  I just didn't see the chemistry.  The woman does have a nice singing voice though.

I thought Journey of the Heart was almost painful to sit through.  Hated every thing about it - actors, plot, acting (or lack thereof).  Zero chemistry and I found both leads very unlikeable.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, quickjessie said:

Just finished Roadside Romance.  Tyler was his usual wonderful, natural, sexy self in this.  Lauren Alaina will never need to clear space on the mantle for an acting award but she's a hell of a lot better than Katherine MacPhee is we're talking women from American Idol.  

The plot was slightly better than the usual but even with Tyler as the male lead the romance was a tough sell.  I just didn't see the chemistry.  The woman does have a nice singing voice though.

Tyler creates chemistry with the camera just by standing there. Lauren Alaina has a beautiful singing voice, but she didn’t spark with him at all on screen. I honestly don’t think she would have sparked with anyone. I was more invested in Willa and Dan the agent’s romance.

Did her old boyfriend look super short to anyone else? Or maybe she’s really tall, but she didn’t seem to tower over Tyler, who I believe is 5’9”. Or maybe it was just weird camera angles…?

Edit: I looked the boyfriend up on IMDB;, it said he’s 5’6”, and so is she. The setups in the scenes with him seemed kind of awkward, and I guess that and the high-heeled boots she wore explains why. It seems like they could have solved that with her wearing flats, but maybe if you’re a country gal, you have to clomp around in boots.

 

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was going to skip Journey of My Heart because of the reviews but I decided to watch it because of the scenery.

I think I liked it quite a bit more than most here.  Yes, it had the same plot of Chasing Waterfalls but I actually think it was better than that movie.  The leads worked for me more and were at least fresh faces.  The scenery was terrific. More importantly, it wasn't promoted through the user of a song about destruction.

As for Roadside Romance, that one I gave up on.  I fast forwarded to moments when she sang and that's about it.

 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Tyler Hynes has quickly become one of my favorite Hallmark leading men.  He was his usual charismatic self in Roadhouse Romance, but overall it was a forgettable movie like pretty much every other movie from Hallmark this year.  Crashing through the Snow is the only movie so far this year that I would watch again. 

I have slightly higher hopes for Tyler's Christmas movie since Paul Campbell wrote it.  I don't understand why Paul isn't starring in the one he wrote. Instead he's in one with Tamera Mowry-Housley.  I guess Hallmark feels like they have to try out different pairings, but I would be happy with a Paul Campbell/Kimberley Sustad Christmas movie every year.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Hallmark’s ousted CEO, Bill Abbott, is now the CEO & President of GAC and some of the Hallmark actors are making Christmas movies for them this year. Jen Lilley, Jessica Lowndes, Rukiya Bernard, Chad Michael Murray and Cameron Mathison have already been confirmed for GAC family movies. 

It’s disappointing since I would be interested in watching some of those movies but GAC is already emphasizing “family-friendly” and “safe”.  We all know what’s that’s code for. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

GAC?

Great American Country, which used to show country music videos but has been kind of a mish-mash of reality-type shows the last few years. I only watch the station when they show episodes of Going RV (which is like an RV House Hunters) and Flippin' RV (which is a great show about restoring vintage RVs). The rest of the schedule has been kind of HGTV-ish. But I've noticed those are slipping off the schedule and they're starting to show other types of shows, and @Dani's post put some of that into perspective. Let's just say that the Hallmark Hausfraus will get the kinds of movies they want there, I have no doubt. This station has that rah-rah America thing down pat.

Edited by kirinan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks.  Sounds a lot like OLN (Outdoor Life Network) here in Canada.  I have noticed over the last few weeks that they have been carrying Hallmark movies.  Today, they have numerous shows about animals (We Heart Animals, Animals Unleashed) several episodes of something called Fail Factory, then this afternoon, Falling For You (which they also carried yesterday) then Flip That Romance (which they played last week.)  At least they have good taste in Hallmark movies though it seems like it might be a small list that they play over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Dani said:

It’s disappointing since I would be interested in watching some of those movies but GAC is already emphasizing “family-friendly” and “safe”.  We all know what’s that’s code for.

I do know what that's 'code' for.  And some people may prefer what that code stands for.  Call them old fashioned, closed off - whatever.  Different strokes.  If HM wants to stretch deeper into same sex romances, so be it.  It's okay for it not to be your cup of tea without being labeled as anti this or that.  I don't like children's books, but that doesn't mean I hate kids

On 9/12/2021 at 12:10 AM, kirinan said:

Just finished Roadside Romance.  Tyler was his usual wonderful, natural, sexy self in this.  Lauren Alaina will never need to clear space on the mantle for an acting award but she's a hell of a lot better than Katherine MacPhee is we're talking women from American Idol. 

I actually thought KM was a pretty good actress (on Scorpion).  Did not care for LA - or moreso, her character.  Could they have given the character a different background other than military?  Not to be shallow, but LA's body type didn't make me her being military believable.  LA is gorgeous for certain.  I also thought wardrobe did her full figure a disservice by dressing her in tight, high-waisted jeans and bulky tucked-in sweaters

I caught a somewhat older HM movies over the weekend On Demand - Away & Back with Jason Lee and Minka Kelly.  MK's character was aggressive condescending, except when it came to the little girl (who was cute, but annoying and screechy at times).  And having said little girl take off in an ATM for a supposedly 100 mile trip to find a lost swan was a complete eye roll

Edited by ctlady
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ctlady said:

Call them old fashioned, closed off - whatever.  Different strokes.  If HM wants to stretch deeper into same sex romances, so be it.  It's okay for it not to be your cup of tea without being labeled as anti this or that.  I don't like children's books, but that doesn't mean I hate kids

It's not just code for not doing same sex relationships.  Based on what Hallmark became under his watch, it's code for pretending gay people don't even exist.  It's code for people of color mostly existing to be background players except for one or two movies a year out of 40. 

It's wrapped in some sort of innocuous "Family friendly" tag as if gay people and people of color don't have families.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ctlady said:

I do know what that's 'code' for.  And some people may prefer what that code stands for.  Call them old fashioned, closed off - whatever.  Different strokes.  If HM wants to stretch deeper into same sex romances, so be it.  It's okay for it not to be your cup of tea without being labeled as anti this or that.  I don't like children's books, but that doesn't mean I hate kids

As @Irlandesa it’s not just code for straight romances but for no interracial relationship, no queer characters period and token minorities. Under Abbott, Hallmark would reshoot entire scenes because there were extras in a background that might appear to be an interracial couple. It’s not different strokes or being old fashioned. It is hate and erasure. 

Edited by Dani
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ShelleySue said:
2 hours ago, Dani said:

As @Irlandesa it’s not just code for straight romances but for no interracial relationship, no queer characters period and token minorities.

Don't forget what Hilarie Burton said about Hallmark before she left.

I don't agree that interracial relationships aren't considered family friendly or safe.  I see a lot of them in commercials, other shows we watch, Lifetime movies, etc.  Don't know why those would cause a lather, but then again....

And while I applaud Ms. Burton for acknowledging that not everyone has the financial means to quit their job due to their beliefs/ethics because their spouse is able to provide,  I admit that she perhaps thought too much of her own in-demand as an actress that they would give her whatever contractual stipulations she put in there.  I'm guessing she didn't think they'd give her an ultimatum as well.  I'm not crazy about HB as an actress (her and BJL due to their One Tree Hill days, I just have a hard time taking them seriously in other roles).  Regardless of what's considered right and wrong, HM has the right to produce whatever content they want just as the actors/actresses have the right to participate or not

2 hours ago, Dani said:

Under Abbott, Hallmark would reshoot entire scenes because there were extras in a background that might appear to be an interracial couple. It’s not different strokes or being old fashioned. It is hate and erasure. 

That I did not know and agree that it's utterly close-minded

Edited by ctlady · Reason: punctuation

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, ctlady said:

I admit that she perhaps thought too much of her own in-demand as an actress that they would give her whatever contractual stipulations she put in there.  I'm guessing she didn't think they'd give her an ultimatum as well. 

I think it's just the opposite.  It appears to me that they thought HB was blowing smoke with her demands not entirely expecting her to actually "leave it" when they threw it back on her. 

Of all of Hallmark actresses, she's one of the few in the best position to walk away. 

31 minutes ago, ctlady said:

Don't know why those would cause a lather, but then again....

It'd cause a lather because of what a benign term like "family friendly" is really trying to say.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, ctlady said:

I don't agree that interracial relationships aren't considered family friendly or safe.  I see a lot of them in commercials, other shows we watch, Lifetime movies, etc.  Don't know why those would cause a lather, but then again....

That’s exactly my point. Family friendly and safe in this context is coded for white, straight and Christian. There is a lot of evidence that is what Abbott brought to Hallmark and when they were forced to step outside that box the tiniest bit certain people were outraged and decried the loss of family values and safe entertainment. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Dani said:

...certain people were outraged and decried the loss of family values and safe entertainment.

Because nothing says the end of family values like people of color, AAPs, indigenous actors, non-christians, LGBTQ indivuduals, etc.  Because only straight white christians lead perfect saintly lives.  The rest of us are going straight to hell.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2021 at 8:30 PM, kirinan said:

An Unexpected Christmas with Tyler Hynes and Bethany Joy Lenz is one of this year's Hallmark Christmas movies--and it appears the story is by Paul Campbell!

I know Bethany Joy Lenz is not everyone's cuppa, but I like her. And of course, Tyler Hynes. I'm also hopeful that Paul Campbell's story will have his humor (and dare I hope for a bit of his trademark snark?). So there's at least one movie I know I'll watch this year. 

I like Bethany too. I enjoyed her a lot in Royal Matchmaker. She’s got a OTH podcast out now. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, publius said:

Actually one of the 3 new movies to be released on GAC have 2 African American leads, Rukiya Bernard and Dewshane Williams.

Yes, I know. I don’t have high hopes for that because Abbott’s Hallmark philosophy showed that simply having BIPOC characters is not meaningful representation. It’s usually token diversity even when the characters are leads. It’s the Hollywood equivalent of saying I have a Black friend. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dani said:

Yes, I know. I don’t have high hopes for that because Abbott’s Hallmark philosophy showed that simply having BIPOC characters is not meaningful representation. It’s usually token diversity even when the characters are leads. It’s the Hollywood equivalent of saying I have a Black friend. 

This was my biggest problem with Journey of My Heart. I read so many comments on their Facebook page about people enjoying learning about Native Americans and I just kept shaking my head.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

And remember, Abbott didn't get ousted because he refused to include a same sex relationship in his movies.  It was all over a commercial!  There was a commercial that aired during one of the movies that featured a same sex couple.  Some viewers threw a fit that it ruined their "family viewing" to see a same sex couple in any capacity during the two hour movie airing and Abbott pulled it.  The backlash to his pulling that commercial was what did him in.  He could pretend that not acknowledging gay people in any capacity was just the luck of the draw in his movies but he (or Hallmark) couldn't argue accident when he pulled that commercial.

There are a lot of people out there who can look at a straight couple being platonic and all they see is 'family friendly'.  But when they see a same sex couple being equally platonic, all they can think about is how the two of them have sex because that's what they reduce homosexuality down to--not who people fall in love with but who people have sex with.

And that's why it's not family friendly to them.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting news about Abbott  and GAC.  He seems to already be off to a rocky start though as the channel was dropped by my cable provider, Verizon FIOS, on August 1st because they could not come to license fee renewal agreement.

Also wonder if Michelle Vicary who left her job as Crown Media (Hallmark channel parent company) executive vice president for programming in May will be joining him at GAC.  They used to be frequently quoted in the same articles when they both worked at Hallmark. 

Edited by mikeb
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Luckylyn said:

Every Fall Hallmark Movie 

 

 

Edited 20 minutes ago by Luckylyn

As a straight, white Christian woman, looks like I'm checking out of Hallmark until January.  Or at least until all the perky, perfect, beachy-wave haired, empty coffee cup sippin', "left my big job in the city to return to my backwoods small town to help rescue my parents Thanksgiving-themed farm because it completely falls through the Halloween through Christmas crack" characters are off my screen. 

Until then I'll be watching the Movies & Mysteries and pray none have been bitten by the peppermint pumpkin spice bug

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Are they even doing fall movies this year? 

I do think it's interesting that Hallmark Movies and Mysteries are doing new movies in September/October but they look like more romantic drama type movies instead of mysteries.  I thought those movies were supposed to go on Hallmark Drama. 

So is this a sign that Hallmark Drama isn't doing so well?  Or is it a sign that the mysteries aren't?

Share this post


Link to post

^^^ Yeah, they have 6 new movies but only the October ones have my interest (including one with the scrumptious William Levy whom I hope Hallmark doesn't de-hotinize in the process. I'm side-eyeing the last fall movie and why perhaps they put that one last but I digress.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/fall-harvest/fall-harvest-2021-movies

They must have hired a new graphic artist for their posters because they aren't the generic pose for the camera with fake smiles ones they usually do.  

Edited by MissyPoo

Share this post


Link to post

Damn, I like Scott Porter and Nicki DeLoach is still watchable for me, so I have to check at least one of them out, even if it’s on a family ranch AGAIN. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lol, it's funny too. The movie after ND's is the same story as the Christmas one she did with Andrew Walker some years ago. I'd skip it, but I'm pretending it is an unofficial sequel to The Bridge since it stars the younger folk from that movie.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size