Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

Seems like The Good Doctor is becoming more and more like a Hallmark Channel reunion. Every week there’s an actor that I’ve seen regularly on a Hallmark movie. This week it was Kristoffer Polaha. I wonder if the casting directors of both have something in common.

Looks like The Good Doctor is filmed in Canada. I can usually tell when a show is filmed in Canada when I start to see a lot of the Hallmark actors on the show. So far, my predictions seem to be accurate. That likely explains it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

Looks like The Good Doctor is filmed in Canada. I can usually tell when a show is filmed in Canada when I start to see a lot of the Hallmark actors on the show. So far, my predictions seem to be accurate. That likely explains it. 

Virgin River too.  Hallmark's favorite bad guy actor shows up in Season Two as, you guessed it, the bad guy.  And his evil twin.  I wish I was kidding.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Dilemma.  Bottled with Love is on.  It stars Andrew Walker, which is an auto-watch for me.  Unfortunately, it also stars Bethany Joy Lenz.  She is almost an auto non-watch for me.  I disliked her in Five Star Christmas, though I was clearly in the minority here.  I re-watched it and still didn't like her but got past it.  Yesterday, Just My Type was on, but she was so insufferable that I stopped watching and stopped recording.

I guess I will give this one a shot but if she makes me skip an Andrew Walker movie, I will be very pissed.

And those glasses are not funky.  Hexagon shaped wire frames are not cool, not even in an ironic way.

Edited by bankerchick
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

It's so interesting, the strong feelings about certain actors.   For me, I'm always glad to see Bethany Joy Lenz because I watched her in her very early role as Michelle Bauer on "Guiding Light."   Her character there, as a teen, was somewhat like the ones she is cast in now..

Oh and also, always happy to see Andrew Walker.  I think my favorite of his was 'Bridal Wave'.  There was some nice writing in that one.   

• Love 6

I am going to finish watching this movie, but she is really making it hard for me.  I will be deleting it from my PVR, and had already planned to re-watch Bridal Wave this weekend, which as I have mentioned before is one of my favourite Hallmark movies despite the buzzcut hair choice for Walker.

With so many great actors throughout the U.S., even the local ones in community theater, why do they keep rehashing the same actors?  So many of these same actors are getting older, yet being cast as characters 10 years younger than they are.  I think it's time for some fresh new talent.

Edited by roughing it
  • Love 4

Agreed.  Some actors are getting pretty long in the tooth for these movies.  They should bring in a whole new crew of young actors, but if they have to use the same actors, they could come up with a new category, so instead of pretending they are just starting their careers and finally looking for love, they could have movies about people starting their lives over after a divorce or death (but not the mysterious early 30s death of the mother and now the father has to come to grips with his grief and finding love again with a young, never-married woman) or having being fired or downsized.  In other words, have the 40-something actors play 40-something characters, or God forbid, 50-something.  It's not like people watching Hallmark are all that young.  Hell, I'm pretty old, old enough that I have to tell myself that as long as the actor is older than my son, it's ok for me to crush on him, even if biologically I'm old enough to be his mother.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

Agreed.  Some actors are getting pretty long in the tooth for these movies.  They should bring in a whole new crew of young actors, but if they have to use the same actors, they could come up with a new category, so instead of pretending they are just starting their careers and finally looking for love, they could have movies about people starting their lives over after a divorce or death (but not the mysterious early 30s death of the mother and now the father has to come to grips with his grief and finding love again with a young, never-married woman) or having being fired or downsized.  In other words, have the 40-something actors play 40-something characters, or God forbid, 50-something.  It's not like people watching Hallmark are all that young.  Hell, I'm pretty old, old enough that I have to tell myself that as long as the actor is older than my son, it's ok for me to crush on him, even if biologically I'm old enough to be his mother.

God forbid, even do films about couples who've been married awhile rekindling their romance or facing a crisis together or whatever.

And, yes, no 30 something dad with kids and a dead wife hooking up with an early 20's gal who just cannot wait to step in and be a mother to his kids.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And, yes, no 30 something dad with <young> kids and a dead wife hooking up with an early 20's gal who just cannot wait to step in and be a mother to his kids.

<bolding mine> ...as played by mid to upper 40-something actors.  (not that that can't happen with older age actors - it just seems like the characters are intended as 30-somethings, and when they cast older it is glaring to me and takes me out of the story)

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, roughing it said:

<bolding mine> ...as played by mid to upper 40-something actors.  (not that that can't happen with older age actors - it just seems like the characters are intended as 30-somethings, and when they cast older it is glaring to me and takes me out of the story)

Yep, lets see some guys in their upper 40's with children in college or older.  As is usually the case.  And let their prospective partner be within 5 years agewise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/19/2015 at 4:36 PM, maraleia said:

I'll say this again...why does Hallmark think that white, cisgender, opposite-sex romance stories are the only ones worth telling. Where in the hell are POC, LGBT and disabled characters??? It's 2015 dammit. Rant over.

I'm reading this thread from page 1.......

This is now 2021 and things have moved forward at Hallmark. What you wished for back in 2015 has come to fruition (for the most part).

1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

What you wished for back in 2015 has come to fruition (for the most part).

I'd have to respectfully disagree.  There has been a weak attempt or two but 99% of the stories still lack any of the missing elements.  The population of the US, as of 2019, is 60% White.  But 40% of the rest of the cast is definitely NOT a mix of other ethnicities, not by a long shot.  There might be one or two POC as pals or assistants, but very rarely any other ethnicity is represented.  There were a couple of movies with POC as leads but the rest of the cast was White.

Don't even get me started on the other gaping holes.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, norcalgal said:

Upthread, we played the "spot the actor/actress in another role game", and this can be played with even non Hallmark movie viewers.  I left the tv on that channel a while back, and the hubby happened to pass by.  He saw Luke Macfarlane and said "hey - that's the guy in [insert Syfy show]!"  I can't recall the name of the Syfy show.  

On 1/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, Terrafamilia said:

That would be Killjoys.

This is the reason why he will always be "Davin" to me. I legit said the other day to the Mr: "Davin has a new Hallmark movie with that Spy Kids girl. I'll probably skip it." I usually like his movies but that one looked unimpressive.

On 1/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, bankerchick said:

Agreed.  Whenever anyone comments on how they remember someone from this show or that show, I have usually never even heard of the show, never mind watching it.  I did try to hunt some of them down, specifically Bitten, as someone wondered if Paul Green used a body double because he looked really hot, but it's not free and honestly, I know it's a show I wouldn't watch anyway.  I have started to watch When Calls The Heart, something I would not have even considered a year ago but it's covid and I'm newly retired and I am not apologizing for wasting my time watching handsome men act in stupid shows.

You're not missing much beside the pilot where you see Paul Greene in (almost) all his glory. I was a fan from then on. Fun fact, while I was looking for screencaps of the pilot...for research ;-)... I saw an article that said one of the exec producers discovered PG on the show and suggested him for a Hallmark movie, Perfect Match with Danica. Now, how he deduced the shirtless wonder go from half naked werewolves to cozy, barely kissing sweetness, I don't know, but I'm glad for all the PG we get to ogle. As a side note, that show got me upset for reasons that may be spoilery but was also the reason I can't suspend my belief for Greyston Holt as a romantic leading dude (well, that and All of My Heart).

On 1/28/2021 at 1:37 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I did appreciate that the Wedding March films had older characters as the protagonists. Yes give us some older people 50s/60s with adult children and high jinks- like Stop the Wedding (RIP Allen Thicke). 

And Love Again with Teri Polo where the lead couple is on the brink of divorce but has to hide it from their daughter once she announces her engagement. One of my faves. There was another Karen Kingsbury movie adaptation (Time to Dance or something like that) with a similar storyline that Hallmark showed like once. Both have been buried on the app for some time.

• Love 1

OK, flipping past but cannot watch A Novel Romance.  Are we to seriously believe that a football player broke up with his (non-famous) girlfriend, and the press was so bad that months later, she cannot date an author because his fame will cause people to recognize her and she will have to go through that again???

Can you name me one non-famous girlfriend of either a professional football player, or author?  Or pick them out of a lineup?

(Sorry if I already posted this; I know it bugged me last time the movie was on too.)

You're not missing much beside the pilot where you see Paul Greene in (almost) all his glory. I was a fan from then on. Fun fact, while I was looking for screencaps of the pilot...for research ;-)... I saw an article that said one of the exec producers discovered PG on the show and suggested him for a Hallmark movie, Perfect Match with Danica.

That sounds like a pilot worth watching.  I'll keep it in mind if it ever comes up.  I did watch an interview with Greene and he seems quite religious (spiritual?) so it would seem that the Hallmark movies are more his speed but I guess you gotta pay the bills.  Has anyone checked out his singing? His voice is 'fine' but his original songs are pretty awful.

Edited by bankerchick
  • Love 1
On 1/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, bankerchick said:

Agreed.  Whenever anyone comments on how they remember someone from this show or that show, I have usually never even heard of the show, never mind watching it.  I did try to hunt some of them down, specifically Bitten, as someone wondered if Paul Green used a body double because he looked really hot, but it's not free and honestly, I know it's a show I wouldn't watch anyway.  I have started to watch When Calls The Heart, something I would not have even considered a year ago but it's covid and I'm newly retired and I am not apologizing for wasting my time watching handsome men act in stupid shows.

Don't quote me, but I think it's on Netflix. If so, I don't know if Netflix has the Canadian version (more nudity) or the edited version which aired on the Syfy channel.

On 1/23/2021 at 1:42 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I caught Love on the Sidelines today doing chores. I really like this one! Not a cast of repeat Hallmark actors, but I like the premise and the leads had chemistry. 

Yes, this is a repeat show for me too, mostly based on the chemistry between the lead actors. 

On 1/24/2021 at 2:03 PM, kirinan said:

I didn't see the movie to listen to the prounounciation, but a good friend is from Saint John, NB, and he and his family have always pronounced it as "pou-teen," if that's any help.

My former co-worker, born and raised in the same hometown as Wayne Gretzky pronounced it pooh-teen. 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:38 AM, Chippings said:

It's so interesting, the strong feelings about certain actors.   For me, I'm always glad to see Bethany Joy Lenz because I watched her in her very early role as Michelle Bauer on "Guiding Light."   Her character there, as a teen, was somewhat like the ones she is cast in now..

Oh and also, always happy to see Andrew Walker.  I think my favorite of his was 'Bridal Wave'.  There was some nice writing in that one.   

I heart Bridal Wave so much. It's possibly my favorite Hallmark movie. Upthread, there were lots of posts about the gorgeous Banff scenery, but the same can be said of wherever they filmed Bridal Wave. I'd love to visit wherever this was filmed (also wherever they filmed Lucky Seven). 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:47 AM, bankerchick said:

I am going to finish watching this movie, but she is really making it hard for me.  I will be deleting it from my PVR, and had already planned to re-watch Bridal Wave this weekend, which as I have mentioned before is one of my favourite Hallmark movies despite the buzzcut hair choice for Walker.

Allllll the feels for this movie....sigh!

14 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Sorry, I edited poorly, but @MissyPoomentioned Greyston Holt in her post, and I just wanted to say ITA. I too can't get his character from Bitten out of my mind when I see him in other roles. I loved him as Clayton Danvers. My greatest wish is for him and Laura Van der Voort to make a movie together.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I'd love to visit wherever this was filmed

It was an actual hotel in Victoria BC, the Oak Day Beach Hotel.  And some was filmed in Sooke, BC.  I've been both places and the area is gorgeous.

Norcalgal, Bitten is not on (Canadian) Netflix.  It's on another streaming service which I don't have and won't pay for. 

18 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

My former co-worker, born and raised in the same hometown as Wayne Gretzky pronounced it pooh-teen. 

Brantford, Ontario.  Approx. 100 kms east of where I am and yes, people there would say pooh-teen.

Watching Amazing Winter Romance.  Not even slightly interesting and zero chemistry.  The lead actor (Marshall Williams) is someone you would like to date your sister, but not leading man material and Jessy Schram was only ever good as Chris Pine's wife in Unstoppable, and that's because I don't think she had any lines.  The precocious niece and the sassy cafe owner are a little much.  Argh, they are using the 'spotted him speaking with someone who he is clearly not interested in so I guess I'll change my mind about staying and go back to the city without telling him I have feelings for him after all' trope.  They had been pretty good recently and I thought maybe they were done with this stupid scenario. Gee, with 10 minutes to go, I wonder if they'll get together?  Just once, I would like to see the guy say, 'Well, I guess she's gone.  Dodged a bullet there; who needs a girlfriend/wife who shows zero interest in me then freaks out when I talk to someone else?  I think I'll move on with my life now.  I'm handsome and charming, I should be able to find someone.'

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Argh, they are using the 'spotted him speaking with someone who he is clearly not interested in so I guess I'll change my mind about staying and go back to the city without telling him I have feelings for him after all' trope.  They had been pretty good recently and I thought maybe they were done with this stupid scenario. Gee, with 10 minutes to go, I wonder if they'll get together?  Just once, I would like to see the guy say, 'Well, I guess she's gone.  Dodged a bullet there; who needs a girlfriend/wife who shows zero interest in me then freaks out when I talk to someone else?  I think I'll move on with my life now.  I'm handsome and charming, I should be able to find someone.'

So much this! Who among us is searching for a life partner who can't or won't communicate?

The message this sends is "You should spend your life with someone who can't use their words and hides their feelings and then punishes you for not knowing what they feel! Even better, they are irrationally jealous if you ever talk to someone of the opposite sex. This is what you should idealize, because it's the epitome of a healthy adult relationship. You will be happy together FOREVER."

Way to go, Hallmark.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Argh, they are using the 'spotted him speaking with someone who he is clearly not interested in so I guess I'll change my mind about staying and go back to the city without telling him I have feelings for him after all' trope. 

Heh.  So true.  I guess this is one reason I love Nine Lives of Christmas so much.  They do do this but it's done in a very believable way.  And it's also quickly resolved - she challenges him, he explains and that's it.  

• Love 6

Today is Jan. 31 and the demand channel is dropping most of this past year's Christmas movies after today (the ones from previous years are already gone) so I will be binge watching all day.  Have already watched Project Christmas Wish (which I have watched multiple times, don't judge) and will also be watching USS Christmas, Christmas At Starlight and possibly On the 12th Date of Christmas.  Not too many of this season's movies bear watching again for me.  I wish Nine Lives of Christmas was still available because that's a good one too.

I noticed on the W channel (which is my source for all things Hallmark) that this year they broadcast very few older movies.  I was so disappointed because that meant some of my tried and true favourites either never got shown at all or aired once or twice at best.  No Trading Christmas, no Mrs Miracle, no Oh Christmas Tree...I could go on.  Anyway not sure who does the programming or why they make these choices but this year in particular they seemed to opt for endless airings of the same movies.  Mostly this years shows which I can understand, but even there some of the new movies only got shown a few times while others seemed to be on every other day.  Annoying!

I am also a W channel watcher.  This is really my first year for watching Christmas movies so haven't heard of a lot of the movies discussed here but agree that some of this year's movies were on every time you turned on the tv (anything with Lacey Chabert) while some of them got only one airing.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Anyway not sure who does the programming or why they make these choices but this year in particular they seemed to opt for endless airings of the same movies.

They are forcing you to buy into their pay channel.  We get the crappy things for free.

• Useful 1

I finally caught New Years Resolutions and really enjoyed it like some of you did. It was refreshing to see a movie where they like each other from the get go and we see some courting and cute dates. Also she could have hidden the news story about his work but she told him as soon as she knew. Plus, Michael Rady makes everything better.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bankerchick said:

I am also a W channel watcher.  This is really my first year for watching Christmas movies so haven't heard of a lot of the movies discussed here but agree that some of this year's movies were on every time you turned on the tv (anything with Lacey Chabert) while some of them got only one airing.

You saying this, along with your previous post, is actually kind of funny. You referenced there not being many movies from this year that you would re-watch and listed those that you would. I think many of us longer-time Hallmark Christmas movie watchers would actually say that the amount you listed is a lot for one year, lol. Especially more recently. I like the same ones and would probably even add a few more to it. In past years, there were way fewer movies worth re-watching. If you decide to continue to watch in the future, you may have to lower your expectations further. Though maybe we will be pleasantly surprised moving forward, especially with the new leadership. 

• Love 1

Snowkissed - ugh, what a waste of time.  All Jen Lilley did was whine and declare Manhattan was the best of all worlds.  Tour Guide Guy was a clueless dolt.  Best gal pal takes a selfie of herself and #2 guy using a DSLR camera with a telephoto held at arm's length - the only possible picture would be a close up of her eyebrow.  Violinist plays one portion of a beautiful song over and over like a broken record. 

The only star here is the scenery.  And clearly a commercial for Banff.

And get a new hairdresser for the sake of all this is holy.  I am sick to death with the giant sausage curl look.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

I think many of us longer-time Hallmark Christmas movie watchers would actually say that the amount you listed is a lot for one year, lol.

Interesting.  I certainly found a lot of hit and miss from previous years.  To me, it was more that they were interchangeable.  Lots of movies about bookstores, cafes, and inns that all needed to be saved, too many where the high powered female comes back to the small town and runs into the hot country-boy old boyfriend so decides to give up her life and move home, and lots of dead young women where the story is either dad of a young kid (usually a daughter for some reason) tries to move on or it's 20 years later and the daughter is still obsessing over making sure everything is exactly the same as it was when Mom was alive.  I realize 2 of my favourites listed above fall into these categories (threatened cafe and dead mom) but I think in both cases, the leads made it fresh.

3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Snowkissed - ugh, what a waste of time. 

Agreed.  I thought I liked the lead guy (Chris McNally) more but he was pretty wooden.  And all Jenn Lilley ever does is whine, it's just that in some movies she's more tolerable than others.  I thought everyone's hair was awful, including the men.

Now here is something good.  Watching Winter In Vail and the male actor (Tyler Hynes) is quite charming and is actually allowing me to overcome my aversion to Lacey Chabert.

Edited by bankerchick
  • Love 5
On 1/30/2021 at 5:13 PM, Cetacean said:

It was an actual hotel in Victoria BC, the Oak Day Beach Hotel.  And some was filmed in Sooke, BC.  I've been both places and the area is gorgeous.

Thanks for this.  I'm making a note of it, for whenever people are allowed to resume "normal life".

• Love 1
On 1/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, bankerchick said:

Norcalgal, Bitten is not on (Canadian) Netflix.  It's on another streaming service which I don't have and won't pay for.

Oh, sorry to hear this. I guess I was too naive assuming Netflix in the US is the same as Netflix in Canada. 

20 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Now here is something good.  Watching Winter In Vail and the male actor (Tyler Hynes) is quite charming and is actually allowing me to overcome my aversion to Lacey Chabert.

I can watch ANYONE in a movie as long as Tyler Hynes is in it. I even made it through Kellie Pickler in The Mistletoe Secret. Tyler just makes everything better. He's become my favorite Hallmark actor, and On the 12th Date of Christmas was one of my two favorite movies this year (the other one was Christmas by Starlight). If you can find it, check out Flip That Romance. He's impossibly charming in it AND there's no Lacey Chabert. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 3
On 1/31/2021 at 6:07 PM, Cetacean said:

Snowkissed - ugh, what a waste of time.  All Jen Lilley did was whine and declare Manhattan was the best of all worlds.  Tour Guide Guy was a clueless dolt.  Best gal pal takes a selfie of herself and #2 guy using a DSLR camera with a telephoto held at arm's length - the only possible picture would be a close up of her eyebrow.  Violinist plays one portion of a beautiful song over and over like a broken record. 

*whines* But they got everything wrooooong about Banff. I found that harder to watch than the plot.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2021 at 8:07 PM, Cetacean said:

And get a new hairdresser for the sake of all this is holy.  I am sick to death with the giant sausage curl look.

I am assuming that things are the way that they are (except for hair) because of COVID.  Two movies in a row in Banff was probably due to quarantining and having people who were "safe" all in one place. At least this week we did get a B plot.

Because Snowkissed was so darn boring I decided to play a new game -- "Keep Track of How Many Coats Jen Lilley Wears."

When in Manhattan (also worn at the end back in Banff): 

- Royal Blue Wool

Banff:

- Red Wool

- Short Purple Down (

- Long Blue Down

- Black Wool Down (also worn at the end in Manhattan)

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, ShelleySue said:

Because Snowkissed was so darn boring I decided to play a new game -- "Keep Track of How Many Coats Jen Lilley Wears."

Good one!  And I bet counting the word "Manhattan" would get into the double digits.

Not going to re-watch it to find out though.  I would end up stabbing myself in the eye.

• LOL 4

Well, I watched Flip That Romance last night and Tyler Hynes was certainly very charming in it.  There's something world-weary or resigned in his characters that makes him more interesting.  However, I did spend most of the movie wanting to scream at the lead actress, 'Enough!!!'  We get it, you think he screwed you over on your first flip and maybe he did, but using every sentence that anyone utters as an excuse to hammer him about it got pretty old, pretty fast.  Plus it went on longer than the usual 45 minutes before they reach detente.  Either refuse to deal with him, or get the hell over it.

I did notice Hynes in the W channel commercial for the upcoming Valentine season so I can look forward to that.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Well, I watched Flip That Romance last night and Tyler Hynes was certainly very charming in it.  There's something world-weary or resigned in his characters that makes him more interesting.  However, I did spend most of the movie wanting to scream at the lead actress, 'Enough!!!'  We get it, you think he screwed you over on your first flip and maybe he did, but using every sentence that anyone utters as an excuse to hammer him about it got pretty old, pretty fast.  Plus it went on longer than the usual 45 minutes before they reach detente.  Either refuse to deal with him, or get the hell over it.

I did notice Hynes in the W channel commercial for the upcoming Valentine season so I can look forward to that.

I absolutely loathe the bitchy, uptight female trope, and yes, Julie Gonzalo did have to play that in this movie, which made me sad because I like her. I will say, the lack of that bitchiness is one thing I really liked about him and Taylor Cole in Falling for You, a fall movie. It's an earlier Hallmark movie for him (no beard, sigh, but he's still adorable). And other than a couple of minor digs, they skipped that unpleasantness. In fact, I thought they were fantastic together, and I'd love to see them team up again (although I know not everyone likes Taylor as much as I do). 

Edited by kirinan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Jen Lilley has been getting on my nerves recently because she’s always playing the same doe-eyed character. I do love her winter coats though- I am sure they are well out of my budget but they are all so gorgeous. I think my favorite of hers has been Mingle All the Way and a Dash of Love.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

This made me chuckle. How many movies that take place in a cold climate have I seen the female lead have more coats than I ever owned. And.......she is not in her home town. The female protagonist has traveled with all these different coats? Let's be real about this.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

This made me chuckle. How many movies that take place in a cold climate have I seen the female lead have more coats than I ever owned. And.......she is not in her home town. The female protagonist has traveled with all these different coats? Let's be real about this.

Another game to play is "Where did she get the formal ball gown at the last minute?" because there's no way it fit in the one suitcase she brought with her.

• Love 6
On 1/31/2021 at 9:04 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

Heh.  So true.  I guess this is one reason I love Nine Lives of Christmas so much.  They do do this but it's done in a very believable way.  And it's also quickly resolved - she challenges him, he explains and that's it.  

I love the Nine Lives of Christmas! Arent we supposed to be getting a sequel?

• Useful 2

Never mind the gowns and coats, what about multiple pairs of shoes and boots??  That is going to be my new game going forward though especially since it looks like many or most of the upcoming movies are happening in Banff or some other winter location.  I recall back in the day when we travelled to ski, we pretty much wore our ski jackets everywhere we went but I guess we never went to a ball.

12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:
  On 1/31/2021 at 10:04 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

I love this movie!  I don't believe I have seen the male lead in any other movies, though.  While I agree the 'I saw you with another woman' trope was resolved fairly quickly, it did still involve her leaving the party, moving and not answering his phone calls and a resolution only because he remembered where she said she would be on Christmas Day.  As so, so many others have said, 'Use your words!!'

Oh, the miracle of On Demand.  I watched Falling For You last night.  Tyler Hynes was really good.  What he lost without the beard, he made up for by looking amazing in a suit.  Watching all the small town country boys in jeans is awesome, but sometimes you just need to see a hot guy in a well cut suit.  I also really like Taylor Cole, especially in Appetite for Love, also starring (of course) Andrew Walker.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I love the Nine Lives of Christmas! Arent we supposed to be getting a sequel?

I really hope they don't keep on with the original premise that had Zach commitment shy - they had a back story that explained it but it was pretty weak.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bankerchick said:

I recall back in the day when we travelled to ski, we pretty much wore our ski jackets everywhere we went but I guess we never went to a ball.

That's crazy talk! I can't remember a time when I haven't been invited to a ball or other formal event at least twice a month. 🤣

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

That's crazy talk! I can't remember a time when I haven't been invited to a ball or other formal event at least twice a month. 🤣

Clearly we don't travel in the same circles.😉  I'm not sure I've ever been to a ball unless you consider Prom.  Even weddings seem to be relatively casual these days (or you know, those days.  Back when people could have weddings.)

• Love 1
On 1/31/2021 at 10:04 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

They do do this but it's done in a very believable way.  And it's also quickly resolved - she challenges him, he explains and that's it.  

I'm not sure how you can call refusing to talk to him, packing up and completely moving out resolved quickly.  YMMV but it seemed pretty much the same as the rest of the Heroine Hysterics we see in every movie.

• Love 1

Well, I guess you could say it was resolved quickly once she finally challenged him on it?  I agree it was frustrating to watch but eminently watchable anyway.

Why is there a movie called Betting on the Bride, which sounds exactly the same as A Bride for Christmas?  I was all set to PVR another Andrew Walker/Arielle Kebbel movie only to find that it is not that movie.

Edited by bankerchick