Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Where have I been??🤣

Dunno but I swear it's been on at all kinds of times and mutiple times a month.  The only reason I notice is that I abhor the horrendous wig they use on the fiancee (who chews the scenery like no other) and I roll my eyes right out of the sockets at the mass of fake flowers in the garden which, in reality, do not bloom at the same time.

• LOL 1
53 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It has? I haven’t seen it. Where?

No, it wasn't... it premiered last night. 

The commercials played for several months last year and then it was pulled at the very last minute. 

23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Dunno but I swear it's been on at all kinds of times and mutiple times a month.  The only reason I notice is that I abhor the horrendous wig they use on the fiancee (who chews the scenery like no other) and I roll my eyes right out of the sockets at the mass of fake flowers in the garden which, in reality, do not bloom at the same time.

I think you're getting movies mixed up... there wasn't a fiance in the film.

Edited by Callietwo
removed an extra word
  • Love 2

I enjoyed Country at Heart. It helps that Niall Matter and Jessy Schram are usually automatic watches for me (although I didn't get very far in her movie with the maze). And I like Lucas Bryant for the most part. The music was good, I thought, and the storyline was fine, too, without the usual eye-rolling black moment. I thought it was mostly believable.

I don't get what issue kept delaying it (could it have been rights for the original songs?), but I would watch this one again.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 3

Well, Hallmark has done it yet again, same tired plot only this time they threw in religion and expanded horizons from big city to big world in Follow Your Heart.   Girl with classless boyfriend and ditzy assistant/friend goes back to Amish roots and sees the error of her ways.  Chucks it all to make dumplings (with gluten - horrors) although that's apparently the only thing she knows how to cook.

Hallmark doesn't seem to realize that living plain doesn't just mean changing clothes.  Being Amish is a religious choice,  Oh, wait, it's Hallmark.  Silly me, no reason for realism or doing any research. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, Hallmark has done it yet again, same tired plot only this time they threw in religion and expanded horizons from big city to big world in Follow Your Heart.   Girl with classless boyfriend and ditzy assistant/friend goes back to Amish roots and sees the error of her ways.  Chucks it all to make dumplings (with gluten - horrors) although that's apparently the only thing she knows how to cook.

Hallmark doesn't seem to realize that living plain doesn't just mean changing clothes.  Being Amish is a religious choice,  Oh, wait, it's Hallmark.  Silly me, no reason for realism or doing any research. 

Except that she didn’t have to chuck it all to make dumplings. Did you watch it through to the end?

18 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Did you watch it through to the end?

Well, yes.  Thus my comments on the decision to "go back to her roots".  The same tired story in a different setting.  A more realistic ending would have been for her to realize that her love of the religion was the driving force.  That way of life is incredibly hard, there is nothing warm and fuzzy about it.

I haven't seen the film but, when you leave the Amish life, aren't you ostracized?  It's not really something you can be like, I need a break from the Evil Big City, I'm going to wear plainclothes and cook for a while to get refreshed, and then return to my old life with a new perspective.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubstepford wife said:

I haven't seen the film but, when you leave the Amish life, aren't you ostracized?  

Depends on whether or not the person was baptized.  Ordinarily Amich kids are allowed to go on rumspringa in their teens where they live in the outside world.  Coming back from that signals that you are going to remain in that life and are baptized.  Leaving after that results in shunning which means you are dead to the family. It was stated that she wasn't shunned.  But that's probably Hallmark taking poetic license. It's unlikely that she left her family at 16 or 17 and managed to become a world traveler without any past work experience.  

Hey, whatever it takes to fit into the mouldy mold of Hallmark movies....

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Depends on whether or not the person was baptized.  Ordinarily Amich kids are allowed to go on rumspringa in their teens where they live in the outside world.  Coming back from that signals that you are going to remain in that life and are baptized.  Leaving after that results in shunning which means you are dead to the family.

Yup. If the person came back from rumspringa and decides to get baptized into the church then they will be shunned if they leave. If they do not get baptized into the church they do not get shunned. I will add that rumspringa usually lasts around two years, but I believe it can vary from each Amish community. I rolled my eyes at the world traveler stuff as well. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, yes.  Thus my comments on the decision to "go back to her roots".  

But at least they gave the ending a twist...

Spoiler

Since instead of her going back to that world, he leaves the Amish life to go be with her in her English life instead. 

8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I rolled my eyes at the world traveler stuff as well. 

Especially with only an eighth grade education if she even made it that far.  Girls are pulled out of school early to work.

• Love 1

Interesting, Kohola3 and Misslindsay!  I admittedly didn't know much about the Amish life despite growing up in Northern MD.  I sometimes saw Amish people but it was mostly limited to Pennsylvania Dutch Markets and occasionally getting stuck behind a buggy on a rural road.

This movie also piqued my curiosity and I was amazed to see that Amish romance novels are quite the thing.  I never would have anticipated that, though I guess it does fit with the whole return to the land, live a simple life theme that Hallmark loves so much.  It's dangerous ground though since the Amish lifestyle isn't just about simple living, it's also about religion, and I could see that easily being oversimplified and misconstrued, which is ironic for a network that has pretty strong religious overtones.

Edited by dubstepford wife
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

Interesting, Kohola3 and Misslindsay!  I admittedly didn't know much about the Amish life despite growing up in Northern MD.  I sometimes saw Amish people but it was mostly limited to Pennsylvania Dutch Markets and occasionally getting stuck behind a buggy on a rural road.

This movie also piqued my curiosity and I was amazed to see that Amish romance novels are quite the thing.  I never would have anticipated that, though I guess it does fit with the whole return to the land, live a simple life theme that Hallmark loves so much.  It's dangerous ground though since the Amish lifestyle isn't just about simple living, it's also about religion, and I could see that easily being oversimplified and misconstrued, which is ironic for a network that has pretty strong religious overtones.

Of course Hallmark, for all of its so-called Christian focus, has reduced the "real meaning of Christmas" in its holiday movies to finding romantic love and getting coupled, or about an ambiguous "Christmas Magic" that also leads to finding romantic love and getting coupled. So it isn't surprising that Hallmark would similarly gloss over the real meaning of the Amish religion, particularly because that could require examining whether Amish women are routinely oppressed.

I thought this particular movie was offensive in its la-di-dah approach to what being Amish is about. The female lead starts dressing in her Amish costume without an apparent thought about really making a commitment to the religion and way of life. The widower/boyfriend's quick decision to abandon his religion and culture may seem to be a happy ending, but one would think there would be a lot of fallout as their lives move forward (even though he let his beard fill out. SMH).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a "Jesus is the reason for the season" focus in Hallmark's Christmas movies. But do they all have to be focused on saving single people from the horror of being single? Because being single works very well for me.

• Love 4
On 10/7/2020 at 12:00 AM, Misslindsey said:

Yup. If the person came back from rumspringa and decides to get baptized into the church then they will be shunned if they leave.

Spoiler

Which is why it is doubly unbelievable that  boyfriend would ditch his entire life and that of his child.  He would be shunned and treated as though he was dead thus separating himself from his whole way of life,  his church, his faith, and his family.  True love conquers all, my Aunt Fanny.

• Love 1

I just went ahead a week in my cable guide so I could set the DVR for the new Andrew Walker/Nikki DeLoach movie, Sweet Autumn, which premieres next Saturday 10/17. And I squealed so loud our downstairs neighbor must have heard me when I saw that Hallmark Drama is showing The Love Letter, my all-time favorite Hallmark movie (yes, even more than Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade) at the same time! I wanted to let anyone who might want to see it know that it will be on.

Thank goodness for DVR!

• Love 7

Hi!  Infrequent poster here. Just have to say a hearty “Thank You!”  for this mention of The Love Letter movie. I have never heard of it. Sounds right up my alley.  Off to find a copy somewhere. 

I haven’t read all 117 pages of this thread, so please forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone tried the movie, “Loving Leah”?  It’s also HHOF, I believe.  I’m Jewish and I enjoyed it.  Not holiday themed, just gradual romance. Some fantasy involved? Sure. But enjoyable (to me at least) to watch.  It’s one of the “older” movies I believe. 

For a HHOF movie with some grit, has anyone seen the 2008 “The Russell Girl”?  I bought this one blind (as it is a promotional copy only “for your consideration”) with no synopsis at Goodwill for $1.29 last week. Perfect copy.  I bought this for the lead, Jennifer Elle (of P and P 95 fame) alone. It has enough realistic cathartic grit to keep my husband involved. Not overly sappy at all.  Also with Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and Henry Czerny. 

For Christmas themed- I know this is Lifetime, just have to cite this: “The March Sisters at Christmas,”  interesting take on a loosely based modern Little Women. I enjoy this much more than that other Lea Thompson movie that came out in 2018-ish. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Wonkabar5 said:

I haven’t read all 117 pages of this thread, so please forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone tried the movie, “Loving Leah”?

Yep, it was mentioned and is one of the poster children for what used to be quality offerings by HHOF.  Loved that movie along with so many of the others before Hallmark went with the sappy, repetitive, lazy writing that we see today.  See: Magic of Ordinary Days, Sarah Plain and Tall, The Russell Girl. St. Maybe, A Place for Annie, A Season for Miracles and so many other great stories using some big name actors.  Nowadays there are three plots that they just keep recycling.  It is so sad.

• Love 5

Loving Leah is one of my favorites.  The actors are good and the leads had great chemistry.  I appreciated that the girlfriend wasn’t cartoon evil and had understandable upset reaction to the situation.   This movie is a really great romance that works so well.  It’s definitely one of those movies I watch whenever it’s on.

• Love 7
On 10/11/2020 at 11:48 AM, Wonkabar5 said:

I haven’t read all 117 pages of this thread, so please forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone tried the movie, “Loving Leah”?  It’s also HHOF, I believe.  I’m Jewish and I enjoyed it.  Not holiday themed, just gradual romance. Some fantasy involved? Sure. But enjoyable (to me at least) to watch.  It’s one of the “older” movies I believe. 

Oh how did I miss this?  I love Loving Leah.  It's on my DVR permanently so I can watch whenever I'd like.  It employs a romantic trope I kind of dig (marriage of convenience).  The actors have good chemistry.  There implied sex.  And the angst came from an organic place.  Frustrating but organic. 

On 10/11/2020 at 12:39 PM, Kohola3 said:

ee: Magic of Ordinary Days, Sarah Plain and Tall, The Russell Girl. St. Maybe, A Place for Annie, A Season for Miracles and so many other great stories using some big name actors. 

Follow The Stars Home is also a wonderful romance. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh how did I miss this?  I love Loving Leah.  It's on my DVR permanently so I can watch whenever I'd like.  It employs a romantic trope I kind of dig (marriage of convenience).  The actors have good chemistry.  There implied sex.  And the angst came from an organic place.  Frustrating but organic. 

Follow The Stars Home is also a wonderful romance. 

Follow the Stars Home is so good.  It deals with serious issues and the cast is so good.  The problems of characters in the current Hallmark movies are so repetitive and shallow.  Theses movies used to have depth even if they had cliches.

• Love 4
On 10/9/2020 at 4:58 PM, kirinan said:

I just went ahead a week in my cable guide so I could set the DVR for the new Andrew Walker/Nikki DeLoach movie, Sweet Autumn, which premieres next Saturday 10/17. And I squealed so loud our downstairs neighbor must have heard me when I saw that Hallmark Drama is showing The Love Letter, my all-time favorite Hallmark movie (yes, even more than Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade) at the same time! I wanted to let anyone who might want to see it know that it will be on.

Thank goodness for DVR!

Thanks for posing this. It’s so nice to see that Hallmark Drama is finally being used to air older Hallmark movies. The Love Letter, Loving Leah, The Russell Girl and The Magic of Ordinary Days are all airing in the next few weeks. Plus most of the Thanksgiving and Halloween movies. 

Has anyone watched Fairfield Road? It’s a HMM movie from 2010 starring Jesse Metcalfe. It’s on my DVR but I have no memory of scheduling it. Is it worth watching? 

9 hours ago, Dani said:

Has anyone watched Fairfield Road? It’s a HMM movie from 2010 starring Jesse Metcalfe. It’s on my DVR but I have no memory of scheduling it. Is it worth watching? 

From IMDB:

Spoiler

Everything in Noah McManus' life is going his way. Being jaded in his current job as incumbent Boston Mayor Christine Grantt's Chief of Staff and head of her reelection campaign team, he has just been offered his dream job working for Senator William Hayden in Washington DC. And despite he not being able to wait to pop the question at a romantic country inn on Cape Cod as was his plan, his girlfriend Wendy Greenhill accepts his marriage proposal, proposing something she has long pressured him to do. But all these things going right suddenly go wrong. After burning the bridges with Mayor Grantt, he learns that his new job is no more as Senator Hayden has accepted illegal campaign contributions. And he finds out that Wendy has been cheating on him, he coming to the realization that she was not truly in love with him, but in love with the prospect of being married. Feeling lost, he decides first to head to Cape Cod to the inn where he was going to propose to Wendy, where he had the jeweler send the engagement ring for pickup. It is the Landing Inn, owned and operated by Sam and Lillian Peabody, in small town Harpswell. One thing leads to another in Noah needing to stay in Harpswell. There, the residents get to know him and he them. He gets embroiled in the upcoming election of town manager, where who seems to be the leading candidate, Randall Henderson, has long worked in the development of strip malls, something he wants built on an untouched pristine piece of property in Harpswell solely to line his own pockets. Soft spoken Sam is running against Henderson solely as a voice against Randall's development proposal. Having no where else to go, Noah doesn't mind staying for now, especially as he is falling for pretty local bookstore owner Hailey Caldwell, who is on Sam's side in the development debate. But Noah will have to decide if Harpswell is in his long term future when his more lucrative big city past comes calling again.

So, in a nutshell, standard formulaic Hallmark plot.  Nothing new even 10 years later.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

From IMDB:

Reveal spoiler

Everything in Noah McManus' life is going his way. Being jaded in his current job as incumbent Boston Mayor Christine Grantt's Chief of Staff and head of her reelection campaign team, he has just been offered his dream job working for Senator William Hayden in Washington DC. And despite he not being able to wait to pop the question at a romantic country inn on Cape Cod as was his plan, his girlfriend Wendy Greenhill accepts his marriage proposal, proposing something she has long pressured him to do. But all these things going right suddenly go wrong. After burning the bridges with Mayor Grantt, he learns that his new job is no more as Senator Hayden has accepted illegal campaign contributions. And he finds out that Wendy has been cheating on him, he coming to the realization that she was not truly in love with him, but in love with the prospect of being married. Feeling lost, he decides first to head to Cape Cod to the inn where he was going to propose to Wendy, where he had the jeweler send the engagement ring for pickup. It is the Landing Inn, owned and operated by Sam and Lillian Peabody, in small town Harpswell. One thing leads to another in Noah needing to stay in Harpswell. There, the residents get to know him and he them. He gets embroiled in the upcoming election of town manager, where who seems to be the leading candidate, Randall Henderson, has long worked in the development of strip malls, something he wants built on an untouched pristine piece of property in Harpswell solely to line his own pockets. Soft spoken Sam is running against Henderson solely as a voice against Randall's development proposal. Having no where else to go, Noah doesn't mind staying for now, especially as he is falling for pretty local bookstore owner Hailey Caldwell, who is on Sam's side in the development debate. But Noah will have to decide if Harpswell is in his long term future when his more lucrative big city past comes calling again.

So, in a nutshell, standard formulaic Hallmark plot.  Nothing new even 10 years later.

Yeah I read that when I looked up the movie. I ended up watching it and the plot was standard but it wasn’t a movie they would make today. In the beginning they directly say the main character lives with his girlfriend. In the first 10 minutes there’s kissing, the suggestion of sex and a sexual innuendo. 

“Return of the Native,” is a really strange one for HHOF, even measured by days of old standards. Hallmark does Thomas Hardy! Lolol  It’s been a while since I’ve checked it out from the library, but I do not remember *any* sort of “happy”ending.  Not even a Bathsheba winds up with Gabriel Oak after much tragedy has already occurred in the story type of ending.  Am I remembering correctly? 

It's three minutes into Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas preview special and I already want to punch Candace Cameron Bure in the face.

Changing the channel instead. Because, I can't actually punch her in the face through the tv. I know that.

I did laugh that at the very beginning, her fancy red dress wrinkled up in a way that made it look like she has a peen. 

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ashforth said:

It's three minutes into Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas preview special and I already want to punch Candace Cameron Bure in the face.

Changing the channel instead. Because, I can't actually punch her in the face through the tv. I know that.

I did laugh that at the very beginning, her fancy red dress wrinkled up in a way that made it look like she has a peen. 

I mostly enjoy her movies but I can’t stand her in those promos and specials. She always comes across as so phony. 

On 10/12/2020 at 9:43 PM, Luckylyn said:

Follow the Stars Home is so good.  It deals with serious issues and the cast is so good.  The problems of characters in the current Hallmark movies are so repetitive and shallow.  Theses movies used to have depth even if they had cliches.

I just started watching this after reading about it here. It’s amazing how much more mature and real their movies used to be. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hallmark movies a long time ago were based on serious literary books, and not just churned out for their network the way they are now.    At one time having your book selected for a Hallmark movie was a huge deal, and showed that you were a serious literary power.    However, with the amount of movies that Hallmark channel churns out for their channel, the movies, and mysteries channel, and I guess there's a third one, they adapt only a few books, and they're very generic romances now.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I just started watching this after reading about it here. It’s amazing how much more mature and real their movies used to be. 

55 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Hallmark movies a long time ago were based on serious literary books, and not just churned out for their network the way they are now.   

Some of the favorite movies mentioned here, like Follow The Stars Home, were part of the Hallmark Hall of Fame brand.  They used to air on CBS and they didn't have commercials--just commercials for Hallmark.

The brand still exists. And the movies usually get a bigger budget.  But I feel like they've abandoned books. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The brand still exists.

True but although branded as such they are the same generic stories (big city girl returns to home town, girl meets boy, kiss in last 2 minutes, etc.) albeit one of the 2019 stories had Kristin Chenoweth.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Hallmark movies a long time ago were based on serious literary books, and not just churned out for their network the way they are now.    At one time having your book selected for a Hallmark movie was a huge deal, and showed that you were a serious literary power.    However, with the amount of movies that Hallmark channel churns out for their channel, the movies, and mysteries channel, and I guess there's a third one, they adapt only a few books, and they're very generic romances now.  

I saw that the complete list is now posted on the Hallmark website and it is crazy to look back on the old titles. They started with Opera and Shakespeare and now it’s cookie cutter romances. 
It’s also interesting that this looks to be the first year without a HoF movie since 1952. I’ve seen speculation that they might just slap the HoF label on their most expensive Christmas movie. I really hope they don’t do that. The new CEO said that she used to love the old HoF movies so I’ve had a little bit of hope that they might bring the quality back. 

Edited by Guest
14 minutes ago, Dani said:

I’ve seen speculation that they might is slap the HoF label on their most expensive Christmas movie.

I think that's what they did last year with A Christmas Love Story.  It was standard stuff but had a big name star.

• Useful 3
On 10/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, Ashforth said:

What, you didn’t enjoy her screeching about “CHRISTMAS MAGIC AND LOVE” every three minutes? What kind of Hallmark watcher are you?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I think that's what they did last year with A Christmas Love Story.  It was standard stuff but had a big name star.

Didn’t that one include a teenage pregnancy and adoption aspect? That seems to be the go-to plot point of the recent HoF movies. 

I’m actually very surprised that The Christmas House hasn’t been announced as a HoF movie. 

4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It already feels wrong.

It always feels wrong to me. I am a "one holiday at at time" person.  Christmas is not allowed to jump the line ahead of Thanksgiving in my life. 

• Love 5

I watched the previews  (and fast forwarded through the hosts). While there's still tons of their usual storylines, there also seemed to be a good amount of twists with the storylines. I may be looking forward to more movies than I expected. Though I'm sure I'll end up disappointed once they air.

Superficially, a few of the lead males had longer hair. I don't know when their movies were filmed, but I wonder if they were recent ones and had quarantine/no haircut hair. They are both actors that I like, but I didn't love the hair. Still, that won't prevent me from liking the movies if they are otherwise good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I watched Sweet Autumn and thought it was decent. After some of the other disappointing fall movies this year, it was nice to see some dependable Hallmark veterans with actual chemistry. And visually, it was bursting with autumn-ness, which I appreciated. I'll probably watch it again when I'm in the mood for a cozy autumn movie. But there was one part that caused unintended laughter from me. Andrew Walker's character mentions that he broke up with his last girlfriend Heather shortly after Aunt Dee died (six months earlier) because he realized that life is short and Heather wasn't "the one." He didn't like the way he handled it (no details given), but he doesn't regret the break up. Nikki DeLoach's character suggests he go talk to Heather about it, and he does, offscreen (Heather never appears). Anyway, I just started laughing at the thought of poor Heather having him show up on her doorstep, six months after dumping her, after she's probably moved on and started dating other people, and having to listen to his dumb explanation: "Hey Heather, just in case you didn't get it the first time, I dumped you six months ago because I didn't really love you. Got it? 'K, bye!" Ouch! I mean, really, that's so needlessly cruel!

On an unrelated note, I need the collective Hallmark memory bank to help me with something. Ryan Paevy's Christmas movie this year (A Timeless Christmas) is about a rich man time-traveling from 1903 to present day and falling in love with a woman who works in his mansion-turned-museum. It may be de ja vu, but this sounds exactly like the plot from another movie they did in the past few years. Am I going crazy, or does this other doppelganger movie exist? Or is this "new" movie a holdover from last year that never got released? (The Spirit of Christmas is close, but that's not what I'm thinking of.) Thanks in advance for any help! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Cherpumple said:

On an unrelated note, I need the collective Hallmark memory bank to help me with something. Ryan Paevy's Christmas movie this year (A Timeless Christmas) is about a rich man time-traveling from 1903 to present day and falling in love with a woman who works in his mansion-turned-museum. It may be de ja vu, but this sounds exactly like the plot from another movie they did in the past few years. Am I going crazy, or does this other doppelganger movie exist? Or is this "new" movie a holdover from last year that never got released? (The Spirit of Christmas is close, but that's not what I'm thinking of.) Thanks in advance for any help! 

It’s brand new and was just filmed in August. It’s based on a novel with the same name published by Hallmark in 2018. The most recent movie with a similar plot was Netflix’s Knight Before Christmas from last year. I think Hallmark’s previous time traveling movies have had the woman as the time traveler. 

43 minutes ago, Cherpumple said:

Ryan Paevy's Christmas movie this year (A Timeless Christmas) is about a rich man time-traveling from 1903 to present day and falling in love with a woman who works in his mansion-turned-museum.

Time travel?  No.  But there's a movie that sounds similar except it's a ghost from another time that haunts a mansion.  I think it was on Lifetime.  It's called The Spirit of Christmas from 2015 and it starred Jen Lilley.

Here's the log line.

Kate, a workaholic lawyer, has three weeks to get a haunted bed and breakfast appraised and sold. The uncooperative manager claims a spirit who lives there will not approve. With Kate's possible promotion resting on accomplishing this task, she checks in and haggles with the aforesaid Christmas spirit, who suspiciously seems awfully solid for a ghost.

• Useful 2
On 10/17/2020 at 11:05 PM, Ashforth said:

I like the dress in theory, it's a beautiful color, but I can't get past the thumbnail picture on YouTube.  Her teeth are so white they look like they'll glow in the dark, and her expression is kind of a smile but is also slightly unnerving.  She looks like she's saying, "You will enjoy Christmas or I will EAT YOUR SOUL."

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Ryan Paevy's Christmas movie this year (A Timeless Christmas) is about a rich man time-traveling from 1903 to present day and falling in love with a woman who works in his mansion-turned-museum.

In 2016, there was "Journey Back to Christmas" with Candace Cameron Bure. The synopsis (thanks IMDB) is - "A WWII era nurse is transported in time to 2016 and meets a man who helps her discover the bonds of family and that the true meaning of Christmas is timeless."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1