Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ridiculous story, yes, but I loved the leads and bought their story. I liked their chemistry as well. What I didn't like was that she introduced herself as "Doctor" the first time she met him- who the hell does that?

• Love 3
(edited)

I watched the latest Aurora Teagarden movie "A Bundle of Trouble" on HMM last night and found parts of it just unbelievable.  For example, when her friend Sally shows up at a taped-off crime scene and tells policeman that she is a reporter and he just lets her in to start talking to the victim. 

Edited by mikeb
  • Love 3
(edited)

I haven't watched this one yet, but being unbelievable is the basis for all these mystery movies. To start with, what police force is going to  let these amateur detectives work a case? Why would suspects actually answer their questions? How do the police never get suspicious of a person who is consistently linked to murder victims? You have to suspend belief just to watch them.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/26/2017 at 8:16 PM, forumfish said:

Did ya ever watch Murder, She Wrote? Or read Nancy Drew books? I did both, and while I've never read any of the books that the Hallmark mysteries are based on, I bet their authors did, too.

22 hours ago, susannot said:

Or for that matter, Agatha Christie's Miss Marple novels?  Amateur detectives have a long history in mystery stories.

Those are great examples. But both J. B. Fletcher and Miss Marple traveled all the time. That meant that they had different experiences with different police, which benefits the storytelling significantly IMO. 

If all the Cabot Cove/St. Mary Mead (man, they do all live in small towns!) stories were told back to back, it also would have gotten stale fast IMO.

Edited by peachybean
Spelling of Miss Marple's village
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2017 at 1:44 PM, ehall1052 said:

I usually love all of Lacey Chabert's movies, but Moonlight in Vermont was only so-so. However I was very excited to see an advertisement that Lacey and Brennan Elliott made "All of my heart-the Sequel". Yippee! That's my favorite of her movies.

Yes I loved "All of my Heart"- it was super cute. I need to look up when the sequel is airing. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, Suzysite said:

All For Love was one of Hallmark's better offerings, and I didn't have high hopes.  Sara Rue was great, and whats-his-face, the Navy SEAL, was believable in the role.

I actually was slightly more hopeful because I really like Sara Rue but the story and the script held up.  It didn't feel like a story that has been told over and over by these movies.  The leads had decent chemistry even if I kind of felt he may have been a wee bit old for the part.  And the stupid misunderstanding led to angsty moments that were at least acted well and felt angsty. 

Now, it did have its silliness in that a romance author is unlikely to get critiqued for their inaccuracies by professional critics.  (That's not to say romance authors don't put in a lot of research...they do but it's not really why people read their books.)  Or get reviewed by literary critics.

But eh....minor.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
(edited)

The preview didn't look good but I still DVRed it, so glad that you guys liked it. It's about time they had a decent movie. I seemed a bit put off that the lead looked a lot older than a Sarah Rue, but will try to get past it.

Edited by twoods
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I actually was slightly more hopeful because I really like Sara Rue but the story and the script held up.  It didn't feel like a story that has been told over and over by these movies.  The leads had decent chemistry even if I kind of felt he may have been a see bit old for the part.  And the stupid misunderstanding led to angsty moments that were at least acted well and felt angsty. 

I made the mistake of looking him up before the movie was over and got a bit distracted after that. He was older then I thought he seemed. I enjoyed the movie for the most part though. My DVR is busting at the seams so I watched live and didn't want to give up on watching at any point.

I was ambivalent about All For Love until the end when the Sara Rue charachter was dashing off to the airport And no passport was mentioned - all she had was her purse and her wallet.   Last I heard you need a passport to go to New Zealand.  

• Love 4

I finally got around to watching the newest Aurora Teagarden movie, Bundle of Trouble, & it annoyed me. The whole "the wimens all want them a bebe" theme got on my nerves. The kid was Martin's relative, so why was Aurora the one who had to take care of it? I guess he was too busy hiding witnesses from the police to change a diaper.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

He was older then I thought he seemed.

I think my biggest issue isn't the age difference.  Heck, they probably could have put Gray Cole in--he's 60--and I would have been fine with it.  Of course, he's a total fox.  It's just that it looked like the actor has had work done.  Maybe around the eyes.  So it's distracting.  (Although maybe it's just genetic and I'm way off.) 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

the Sara Rue character was dashing off to the airport And no passport was mentioned

Yeah, I caught that right away, too.   She doesn't travel internationally she'd likely not own a passport.  And it would take a while to get one.  NZ might need to wait.

It's just that it looked like the actor has had work done.  Maybe around the eyes.

I looked up Steve Bacic since he was unfamiliar to me, and I didn't get the impression he had work done on his face, unless a little forehead botox.  His eyes always looked like that.   Younger Steve photo

• Love 3

I think All For Love was a better movie than has been churned out recently but they are making SO many of these that most aren't going to be good or even decent. The actor looked familiar to me but I couldnt place him. Then I realized that he and the woman who played his sister appeared together in Stargate SG1. But after checking his bio and seeing he is 52 to Sara Rue's 38, I was a little distracted and slightly annoyed that she was paired with someone that much older, but Hollywood. Overall though a better offering than most. 

As for the rushing to the airport with no passport or ticket, I justed rolled my eyes. A last minute ticket to New Zealand would obviously be super affordable. The things tv shows love to gloss over!

• Love 2
(edited)

All for Love has been one of the better movies I have seen from hallmark in a while. I liked the storyline and chemistry, and thought the acting was pretty good- some parts even made me teary eyed (yes, I am very sappy). I even liked that the lead couldn't understand how he was falling in love without even kissing her yet- made the storyline more believable. I can't believe he's 52- I could see him pull off early 40's since he was a retired SEAL. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4
(edited)

Finally dipping back into the Hallmark pool after I had a vacation in sci-fi video game land. I've been looking forward to All For Love since I like Sara Rue and the premise amused me since it's pretty timely in my industry for what themes many romantic suspense authors are writing. I was super amused over the author related/publishing embellishments but Hallmark always amuses me the way they portray the writing/publishing life. I legit cringed over that final book cover. Yikes. I did like the little Star Wars references and quips from the Navy SEAL.

But for all that is fluffy and frosty, can we please drop the whole faux misunderstandings, Hallmark? I loved the fact that Pumpkin Pie Wars had the misunderstanding bit but they talked it out in the scene right after and then moved on. The whole seeing hero or heroine with someone and then pushing them away doesn't hold well for good conflict. Plus it makes the leads seem juvenile if they give up and push away so easily.  

Other than that, it was a cute movie to pass the time. I'll probably rewatch it again later since I was cooking while watching it. I'm not sure if I'll see The Art of Us because the lead chick doesn't really hold my interest although I did like the lead dude in Best Christmas Party Ever. The June Weddings don't look too interesting but I may happen to catch one if I need a Hallmark fix. I'm super surprised Holly Robinson Peete and her husband are in the promo, considering how Hallmark is with their casting. 

I do love me some Pixl though and wish they would put out more movies. They are doing much better with their diverse stories and casting in tv romance movie land. They'd really kick it out the park if they cast some diverse leads. :)

Edited by MissyPoo
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, msani19 said:

I think All For Love was a better movie than has been churned out recently but they are making SO many of these that most aren't going to be good or even decent. The actor looked familiar to me but I couldnt place him. Then I realized that he and the woman who played his sister appeared together in Stargate SG1. But after checking his bio and seeing he is 52 to Sara Rue's 38, I was a little distracted and slightly annoyed that she was paired with someone that much older, but Hollywood. Overall though a better offering than most. 

As for the rushing to the airport with no passport or ticket, I justed rolled my eyes. A last minute ticket to New Zealand would obviously be super affordable. The things tv shows love to gloss over!

Oh nuts! He was on SG1? Interesting! I also remember seeing him on Andromeda. He was one of the first Nietzschean characters before Tyr came along. Wow time flies...

I didn't notice an age difference myself, but now I'm intrigued to keep an eye out on rewatch. Since I was younger, I've always liked older guy/younger women romance stories (I'm kinda weird like that, I guess) so the difference doesn't really bug me too much.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, twoods said:

All for Love has been one of the better movies I have seen from hallmark in a while. I liked the storyline and chemistry, and thought the acting was pretty good- some parts even made me teary eyed (yes, I am very sappy). I even liked that the lead couldn't understand how he was falling in love without even kissing her yet- made the storyline more believable. I can't believe he's 52- I could see him pull off early 40's since he was a retired SEAL. 

Wow I can't believe that either - he looked younger. I came to remark on this movie. It was substantially better than most Hallmark fare. I think the fact that the first half had sort of a purpose to it (little like Private Benjamin) helped out. Most Hallmark movies have low plot but this had sufficient plot to make enough interaction to have a believable romance. Sara Rue can do no wrong but the "guy" here was good too. He did have a novice sheen that made him believable as just a regular guy but he could act. I also thought he had a good voice which was effective in the pool scene. Though not really believable as a retired seal unless they show him from the chest up.  I almost turned it off however at the initial meet cute where they bumped into each other. It would have been better if they just met normal. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think my biggest issue isn't the age difference.  Heck, they probably could have put Gray Cole in--he's 60--and I would have been fine with it.  Of course, he's a total fox.  It's just that it looked like the actor has had work done.  Maybe around the eyes.  So it's distracting.  (Although maybe it's just genetic and I'm way off.) 

Gary Cole was in an episode of Monk last week on HMM playing a Hugh Hefner type of guy. When you posted about Gary that was the first thing that came to mind. 

I had forgotten about the Holly Robinson Pete project that was announced awhile back. I'm kinda miffed at her and her hubby right now for appearing in a mini infomercial  for that weight loss Lipozene stuff. If they are in that Hallmark movie commercial I'm guessing her movie might be coming soon?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

I didn't notice an age difference myself, but now I'm intrigued to keep an eye out on rewatch. Since I was younger, I've always liked older guy/younger women romance stories (I'm kinda weird like that, I guess) so the difference doesn't really bug me too much.

Oh I do too.  But I like it better when it's acknowledged.

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

If they are in that Hallmark movie commercial I'm guessing her movie might be coming soon?

Yeah she's in the June weddings commercial with her husband which seems to suggest that that she's still a Hallmark person.

• Love 1
(edited)

Caught rerun of Summer Villa - another romance-author movie.  I thought it was pretty good.  Leads could act, kid was non-precocious and age-appropriate.  I'll take it.  

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 3

Love at the Shore's plot description. This will be airing late Summer

Storyline via Hallmark: Successful and driven single mom Jenna Thompson writes teen novels, and she has only five weeks to deliver the next one to her publisher. So, this year’s annual beach vacation with her kids Nick (Luke Loveless) and Ally (Reagan Shumate), will be a working vacation for Jenna. Upon arrival, the family soon meets their new next-door neighbor, confident, devil-may-care surfer Lucas McKinnon, with whom they will be sharing walls and a patio for the next month. Lucas cranks up his music at night, sleeps late, and allows Tank to run around at will. Jenna bangs away at her novel with little success, often blaming Lucas’ loud volleyball matches and irregular hours for her inability to progress. However, after Lucas finds himself bonding with Nick and Ally, Jenna begins to see a different side of Lucas, and when the two find themselves alone together one evening for dinner, each begins to see the other in a whole new – and attractive – light.

And I posted a trailer for a new series on Up for anyone interested

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/37582-up-tv-movies/#comment-3331705

• Love 3
4 hours ago, VartanFan said:

Caught rerun of Summer Villa - another romance-author movie.  I thought it was pretty good.  Leads could act, kid was non-precocious and age-appropriate.  I'll take it.  

I just thought that suffered from two glaring problems (1) The mom and Victor Webster didn't have any chemistry and (2) the daughter and Victor Webster did.  Just too odd. He would have made a good retired seal in All for Love. 

7 hours ago, VartanFan said:

It was well received when it initially aired.  I believe there is going to be a sequel. 

2 hours ago, BooBear said:

I just thought that suffered from two glaring problems (1) The mom and Victor Webster didn't have any chemistry and (2) the daughter and Victor Webster did.  Just too odd.

I thought he and the mom had chemistry but now you're going to make me rewatch that with new eyes.

• Love 2

Storyline via Hallmark: Successful and driven single mom Jenna Thompson writes teen novels, and she has only five weeks to deliver the next one to her publisher. So, this year’s annual beach vacation with her kids Nick (Luke Loveless) and Ally (Reagan Shumate), will be a working vacation for Jenna. Upon arrival, the family soon meets their new next-door neighbor, confident, devil-may-care surfer Lucas McKinnon, with whom they will be sharing walls and a patio for the next month. Lucas cranks up his music at night, sleeps late, and allows Tank to run around at will. Jenna bangs away at her novel with little success, often blaming Lucas’ loud volleyball matches and irregular hours for her inability to progress. However, after Lucas finds himself bonding with Nick and Ally, Jenna begins to see a different side of Lucas, and when the two find themselves alone together one evening for dinner, each begins to see the other in a whole new – and attractive – light.

Change beach to France and two kids to one and you've got Summer Villa.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/31/2017 at 10:24 PM, forumfish said:

Victor Webster looks like a cross between a young Joe Penny and Mark-Paul Gosselaar. Not that it's a bad thing.

Mmm Joe Penny. I love the Jane Doe movies especially seeing that man on my screen when she went to work. ;-)

Edited by MissyPoo
Typed "loved". What am I saying? I still love those movies to this day! Can we get some more movies, Hallmark?

If all the Cabot Cove/St. Mary Mead (man, they do all live in small towns!) stories were told back to back, it also would have gotten stale fast IMO.

Have you heard the theory that Jessica Fletcher was really a serial killer?  And a number of characters in the Christie books were creeped out by how much Miss Marple knew about criminal behavior.

I'm in the middle of watching the Sara Rue movie right now; I've always been a fan of her (although I didn't recognize her immediately because of the weight loss), and so far I'm liking it.  Despite the fact that watching people do boot-camp-type stuff makes me glad there are no physical standards for my job other than being able to lift a box of books.

• Love 2

Way behind here because I let things pile up on my DVR.

On 2/15/2017 at 0:26 AM, Irlandesa said:

Love At First Glance was cute in many ways with charming stars.  But I wish they hadn't gone to both of them being in love.  They just met.  Can't they both just be intrigued by one another after their texting and story writing? 

That's how I felt. They'd barely met, so it seemed a bit much for him to give her that valentine and for them to be making out so soon. This should maybe have been more like the ending of Sleepless in Seattle, where it ends with them meeting and the sense that this could be the start of something. Or it may have been more of a "finding yourself" story that didn't even need romance, since the main point was her being inspired to step out of her comfort zone.

On 2/15/2017 at 7:24 AM, kirinan said:

Mary's final monologue, when she started crying to the bartender, was kind of cringe-inducing to me. Again, not because of Amy's delivery, but because of the stilted words.

I was cringing because it was rather ridiculous. She was acting like she'd lost her last chance to ever see him again, and I was saying, "Dude, you have his phone. You've been communicating with each other all this time. He knows how to reach you, you know how to reach him, so chill!" It wasn't like a Before Sunrise/Sunset thing where if she didn't meet him at this time and place, she might never see him again and had no way of contacting him, so why the big, crying meltdown? That's where I wouldn't have blamed the guy for slipping away and feeling like he'd dodged a bullet in avoiding a psycho.

Also, was anyone else bothered by the nurse marrying his patient? Aren't there rules about that kind of thing? They were discussing going on a date while she was still in the hospital, so it's not as though they just happened to run into each other in town later when she was no longer a patient, and it seems even worse for someone who'd be so emotionally and mentally vulnerable as an amnesia patient. If the only part of the world that's familiar to her is the hospital, then of course she's going to fixate on her caregivers, and that's why they have rules about that.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:26 PM, Irlandesa said:

I think it's a conservative and narrow vision of "family friendly" though.  One where Christianity and celebrating Christmas is so prevalent but not one where we'd see how atheists spend the day.

I don't get the impression that they're portraying Christianity at all. Even in all their Christmas movies, the religious element of the holiday seldom comes up. It's a very secular Christmas celebration, like the way my atheist and agnostic friends do spend the day and celebrate the season. They have a tree and decorations and gifts, but they treat it as a seasonal thing rather than getting into the religious meaning. That's more or less what all the people in these movies do. You'd think from watching Hallmark Christmas movies that the true meaning of Christmas is falling in love, maybe spending time with friends/family. The only TV holiday movie I can recall that even involved people going to a church service (and even there, there was no specific mention of the religious part, we just saw them singing carols in a church) was on ABC Family, not Hallmark. I guess they aren't militant atheists who refuse to acknowledge the holiday entirely or insist on celebrating on the Solstice instead of on Christmas day, and nobody outright talks about just having a secular celebration, but there's also nothing explicitly Christian about these movies.

The non-Christmas ones are even less Christian-leaning. There's zero mention of religion, and we don't see characters doing religious things, like going to church or praying. With all the weddings they show, I can't even think of one that takes place in a church. The weddings are at resorts, in old barns, in gardens, in hotels, on the beach, in the mountains, at the town's restaurant, in the park, etc. They may be conservative in a way that appeals to evangelical audiences, with no sex or even hints of sex, but they aren't anywhere near religious.

• Love 11
(edited)

Destination Wedding...I want to be nice, but this was awful.  Trite, stupid plot, bad acting (looking at you Alexa P).  I can't count how many times I rolled my eyes at this one. I hope the rest of the June wedding month offerings are better.

The only good(ish) part was Javier, the reluctant wedding coordinator.

Edited by Suzysite
  • Love 2
(edited)

Things I liked about it.

1.  I liked that it was filmed on location.  Not some Canadian location substituting for Mexico. I didn't feel like they really took enough advantage of it, though. I watched a Remington Steele rerun earlier in the week that I felt used Acapulco better.

2.  I liked that the title makes it pretty obvious what it was about instead of some generic title that I'll be wondering if I've seen it.

But otherwise, yeah, I was less than impressed. I felt it was a waste of a location shoot.  A premise with the potential for fun shenanigans with no fun shenanigans written in.  An unnecessary boyfriend.  Little chemistry.  Uninspired acting. 

I'm looking forward to Emma Fielding tonight.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

Destination Wedding was so ridiculous. I couldn't even enjoy that they were on location in Mexico once I finally realized it. For every decent movie, they produce (which I'm beginning to think is completely by accident), there are over a dozen that are pitiful. Hallmark might be losing me as a viewer because even though I need predictable, light, non-controversial entertainment, these movies are too silly to fit that need. 

• Love 3

I happened upon the Emma Fielding movie just as it was starting and ended up watching the whole thing. It wasn't bad; I'd watch another one. I have never really gone out of my way to watch anything with Courtney Thorne-Smith, but she was fine, although her eyebrows distracted me for some reason. The conceit of them building up the things that Emma saw in her mind's eye with CGI was different for a Hallmark movie, and kind of fun. I liked James Tupper in Men in Trees (RIP, how I loved you, MiT) and I liked him here, too--although I've always been under the impression FBI guys are usually clean-shaven, so if he could shave for the next one (if there is one), that'd be great. And it was fun to see Zach from Saving Hope as Emma's high school friend who might or might not have been the bad guy.  

I do have a question that is driving me absolutely nuts, which I hope someone can answer. Who was the main male student, the one with the drone camera? I know him from somewhere, and I could not come up with a cast list other than Courtney Thorne-Smith or James Tupper online to save my life. Until I know who that kid is and where I've seen him, it will continue to bother me.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, kirinan said:

I do have a question that is driving me absolutely nuts, which I hope someone can answer. Who was the main male student, the one with the drone camera? I know him from somewhere, and I could not come up with a cast list other than Courtney Thorne-Smith or James Tupper online to save my life. Until I know who that kid is and where I've seen him, it will continue to bother me.

Apparenty his name is Adam DiMarco. I found a site that had a few more of the cast mentioned. Here is his IMDB profile so you can see what you might know him from. This is the 2nd time recently where I can't find a listing on IMDB for a Hallmark movie. I see this Emma Fielding one isn't listed on Courtney's profile there or anyone elses. Someone at Hallmark or these movie's production companies aren't doing their jobs. 

I'm still trying to decide what I thought about the movie. I kinda liked it and didn't at the same time which is hard to explain.

• Love 3

I think Adam is familiar to me from Signed, Sealed, Delivered. He was in an episode when they were doing it as shows and not movies - the one where he was in an accident and lost his memory.

I liked the new mystery movie, but my Mom didn't. But one thing that is bothering me and I don't understand how the casters or producers (or whoever decides which actor will be which character) are so stupid that they

Spoiler

keep having the same actors play the villain in all of their movies/TV shows. I was really hoping Martin Cummins wouldn't end up being the villain, but they just couldn't help themselves! Same with the red-headed guy who was a villain in one of the Garage Sale Mysteries and the most recent Murder She Baked. Would it be so hard to have one of the other actors play the actual villain to change things up?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Apparenty his name is Adam DiMarco. I found a site that had a few more of the cast mentioned. Here is his IMDB profile so you can see what you might know him from. This is the 2nd time recently where I can't find a listing on IMDB for a Hallmark movie. I see this Emma Fielding one isn't listed on Courtney's profile there or anyone elses. Someone at Hallmark or these movie's production companies aren't doing their jobs. 

Ah! Thank you, Jaded. I know him from Signed, Sealed, Delivered, and I see that VMepicgrl mentioned the particular episode, so thank you both. I feel better now. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm still trying to decide what I thought about the movie. I kinda liked it and didn't at the same time which is hard to explain.

That's a perfect description because I know what you mean.  I liked both of the stars, although I didn't really think they had any sort of chemistry.  Not romantic.  Not even otherwise.  I liked the scenery. I liked the flashbacks.  But it lacked spark.

I'd like to see another one but I hope they don't take it so seriously in the future.

• Love 2

My mom made the comment that it would be hard to watch The Christmas Shepard now since Martin Cummins had played so many bad guys. Only she didn't know his name so she just called him "the man in it."

Now that we know the name of the actor who played the main male student, who can help me out with the name of the actress who played the main female student? I know ove seen her on something else & it is driving me nuts. TIA!  

10 minutes ago, Veronica said:

Now that we know the name of the actor who played the main male student, who can help me out with the name of the actress who played the main female student? I know ove seen her on something else & it is driving me nuts. TIA!  

Tess Atkins

• Love 3

What I liked about the Emma Fielding movie was that she was pretty much all, "I have my career and I'm happy with my life, stop trying to push a relationship on me" without being overly dramatic about it. And then when men were interested she was a bit, "let me furrow my brow and shrug because I have more important things going on than your weird developing crush."

• Love 3

I actually enjoyed Destination Wedding. But only because of Alexa Vega and the male lead and not because of the storyline. It was a ridiculous, so I watched it ignoring the fact that I'd murder that sister if that was me, and just went along with Alexa and the guy. I found them to be well matched, something that could be worked on more in Hallmark movies. They played well off of each other, I liked their chemistry, bought that they were once in a relationship, etc. It helped that I didn't remotely take to her current boyfriend and found him to be thoughtless, insensitive, and kind of a jackass even though he doesn't come close to being a bad boyfriend in Hallmark land, he was just boring and un-dynamic in every way. I didn't mind their friends. The wedding coordinator/dance instructor was cheesy and corny but harmless. The ending was ridiculous of course to keep in line with the many, many holes in this storyline. 

I can't say I can recommend this one exactly, but I was entertained by the lead pair and I'd like to see them in another Hallmark movies in the future, but this time have the script be something worthy of them.  But this was  a beautiful backdrop. And the worst part of it to me is the engaged couple being MIA while everyone else is at the destination and it was possible for me to block that out to a large extent. Instead of the description they give for this movie, I basically tried to watch this as if it was solely about former couple being stuck together at a destination wedding of their best friends and being unable to avoid each other and having to confront that chasing their careers may not have been the right move after all. It's a much better movie that way, maybe Hallmark will get it right next time, sometimes simpler is better.

• Love 1

I watched the Emma Fielding movie & it was pretty much "meh" to me. I figured out who did it almost as soon as he appeared, & the rest wasn't that interesting.

• Love 1

I liked Destination Wedding better than another Alexa PevaVega's other Hallmark movie that re-aired today - Ms. Matched.  They couldn't even keep the continuity - first she's read the guy's book, then she hasn't, then she reads it again.  It just felt sloppy.  I thought Destination Wedding was cute and the leads had decent chemistry.  

I really enjoyed The Perfect Bride.  I probably wouldn't have liked it as much if the two leads weren't as charming, but they were.  I like the two of them on When Calls the Heart, so it was nice to see them in a modern setting.

• Love 3

Yesterday I watched So You Said Yes.  The outdoor wedding is ruined by rain and the indoor venue gets flooded.  We see everyone indoors upset with the weather. Someone has an idea about where to have the wedding despite the rain.  Cut to stock footage of the outside of the new location and it is a beautiful sunny summer day.  Ooops!

• Love 1