Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What is Hallmark's obsession with farms?  The wineries, the pumpkin farm, the pear farm, the tulip farm, the apple farm.  Apparently there are only big cities and tiny hamlets with produce.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

What is Hallmark's obsession with farms?  The wineries, the pumpkin farm, the pear farm, the tulip farm, the apple farm.  Apparently there are only big cities and tiny hamlets with produce.

I suggested breweries are also on the horizon. Anything where it is earthy but without a pig/cow manure smell. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

Anything where it is earthy but without a pig/cow manure smell. 

Oh, I forgot the tiny principalities with obscure names where everyone speaks with an English accent.  I don't recall there being quite that many which I took Geography in school. And apparently every single American woman secretly wants to be a princess/queen.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Hallmark -- Christmas in July.  No thank you.

Bad enough they have non-stop Christmas movies starting in October.  Talk about ruining a season.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Yeah, if I wanted to watch Christmas in July all I'd have to do is fire up the DVR and watch all the recorded movies I never had time to watch and am now slowly deleting unwatched because who has time now--plus it's SUMMER! I'd rather be outside.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Bad enough they have non-stop Christmas movies starting in October.  Talk about ruining a season.

Why are they doing this? I just do not get it.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

They come out in July.

Are these new July Christmas movies part of the Christmas months-palooza? Can't we just wait until they re-premiere in November/December?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are these new July Christmas movies part of the Christmas months-palooza? Can't we just wait until they re-premiere in November/December?

I don’t know anything about the movies, just the ornaments. I’m there first thing to check out the new ones every year! And spend WAY too mych $$.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Why are they doing this? I just do not get it.

They've been doing it for a few years (I assume we're talking about the two weeks in July they air movies--I couldn't open the link.)  My guess is they do it because people watch.

The one good thing about them premiering now is that I know there will be at least two mini-breaks come the holiday season from when I can sample and either watch or reject the new movies.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

They're out already?

The ornaments go on sale the same day as Christmas in July starts. It’s corporate synergy at it’s most annoying. 

I’m actually kind of glad that they are adding in new Christmas in July movies this year. At least it’s slightly better than two weeks of nothing but movies that have already been aired repeatedly. I still probably won’t watch but it’s nice to at least have the option of watching something new. 

Edited by Guest
54 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

There have been new Xmas movies in previous years as well.  

I know, I'm just tired of it and growing more and more jaded about their Christmas movies.  Just too too much. IMO obviously!

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

There have been new Xmas movies in previous years as well.  

Thanks. I thought there was but I checked Wikipedia and they didn’t show anything. Do you know which movies were new for Christmas in July last year?

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, Dani said:

Thanks. I thought there was but I checked Wikipedia and they didn’t show anything. Do you know which movies were new for Christmas in July last year?

From the article I linked above

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hallmarks-first-two-christmas-movies-of-2019-will-debut-in-july/ar-AACkFFR

In recent years Hallmark has made it something of a tradition to debut one new Christmas movie per network during its halfway-to-Christmas events in the past, though last year it did not premiere any new ones.

6 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I know, I'm just tired of it and growing more and more jaded about their Christmas movies.  Just too too much. IMO obviously!

Table for two. 

The Christmas season, a century ago when I was a kid, didn't start until after Thanksgiving and it was so magical because it was only a month long.  I lived for that time of year.  Now it's just turned into a commercial enterprise, multi-month overselling what used to be a lovely time of the year.  All for the almighty dollar.  The spirit of that season is a thing of the past.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Table for two. 

The Christmas season, a century ago when I was a kid, didn't start until after Thanksgiving and it was so magical because it was only a month long.  I lived for that time of year.  Now it's just turned into a commercial enterprise, multi-month overselling what used to be a lovely time of the year.  All for the almighty dollar.  The spirit of that season is a thing of the past.

Hobby Lobby brings out the Christmas stuff in July/August.

• Love 1

Finishing up food prep for today at the pool, TV playing in the background. Yes, I Do is on.

Jen Lilley plays a woman who leaves a helo company owner at the altar three times. Jessica Lowndes is the other woman (who should be the main interest, because three times is three too many...)

This the ultimate Hallmark. Helicopters with Canada registrations, Jen and Jessica, she works at a chocolate factory, he always has a one day old set of whiskers, he lives at his business... They didn't miss a single trope, except no beach.

• Love 1
(edited)

I watched the jack wagner one last night, I don't even know the name of it. 

The actress always gets to work with fairly attractive "hunks" but seems like a mismatch with all of them. She's got this prim and proper preppy vibe about her, I find it hard to believe she was a hot couple with the guy last night or even the pride and prejudice dog one. I missed the first half hour so I couldn't understand why the wedding couple and best man were at the resort for a week beforehand still doing all the planning but then there wouldn't be a movie so... 

It was okay, I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. Jack Wagner and the melrose gal are looking so old.

Edited by sistersledge
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The Jack Wagner movie last night. The set used for the inside of that house/wedding venue looked so dated. Looked like grandma's living room. I didn't understand either why the wedding party was just hanging out at the venue for days before the wedding.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:48 AM, ShelleySue said:

For me (also a Yankee), it isn't so much her accent as her facial expressions.  Someone must have told her that all that it takes to look sad, confused, or uncomfortable is to pout.  And of course that pout was exaggerated by her red lipstick.  But it was all worth it to see Wes Brown.  According to imdb he's working on a movie called Over the Moon in Love.  It co-stars Jessica Lowndes and is being filmed in Vancouver, so there's a good possibility it's a Hallmark movie.

That was Priscilla Presley?  I thought it was a mannequin/robot.

Over the Moon in Love is not currently a Hallmark movie.   Wes Brown told people (at the recent Graceland event to promote June Weddings) that it's an "independent" movie, and not for Hallmark.

However, although Wes did not say as much, I am going to assume that there is a chance that Hallmark could acquire it at some point, even if it's not theirs right now.   I would think that (unless the movie is not appropriate for Hallmark in some way) the goal/original intent was probably to try to get Hallmark to take it.  Jessica Lowndes wrote the script (or she is one of the writers), and she also sang songs for the movie (I think Wes is singing too).   This is her labor of love.   Since she is one of Hallmark's regulars/semi-regulars, there is always a good chance they could pick up the movie after production and put it on the schedule sometime this year or next year. 

Not only are Jessica and Wes starring in it, but the director has done a lot of work for Hallmark, and several of the supporting cast members are Hallmark regulars (even if viewers don't know their names, they will probably recognize their faces).

The Wedding March movies are watchable for me, mainly because there's some variety within the movie.  It doesn't just focus on one couple but the ongoing Olivia/Mick and then the couple-of-the-movie.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just in case anyone is interested.... 

Right now, not counting any of the Christmas/holiday movies that have been announced for the holiday season, the current line-up of Hallmark Channel/Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel movies/specials coming our way is playing out like this (although Hallmark continues to switch premiere dates around and change titles, so nothing is set in stone and the schedule could look very different in one month):

Sat., June 15th -- Love, Take Two (Heather Hemmens/Cornelius Smith Jr.) -- Hallmark Channel

Sun., June 16th -- Picture Perfect Mysteries: Newlywed and Dead (Alexa & Carlos PenaVega/Jon Cor) -- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel

Sat., June 22nd -- The Last Bridesmaid (Rachel Boston/Paul Campbell) -- Hallmark Channel

Sun., June 23rd -- Mystery 101: Playing Dead (Jill Wagner/Kristoffer Polaha) -- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel

Sat., June 29th -- Sister of the Bride (Becca Tobin/Ryan Rottman/Tilky Jones/Michael Gross/Beth Broderick) -- This one was a last minute addition to June Weddings, so it was not included in Hallmark Channel's June Weddings preview special.   It is also one of Hallmark's very rare movies to be filmed entirely in California -- around the Palm Springs & Cathedral City areas.

Mon., July 1st -- In the Key of Love (Laura Osnes/Scott Michael Foster/Andrew Brooks) -- Hallmark Channel

Sat., July 6th -- Love Unleashed (a.k.a. Puppy Party Romance) (Jen Lilley/Christopher Russell) -- Hallmark Channel

Sun., July 7th OR Thurs., July 11th (not sure which date will end up being the final choice) -- Christmas Camp (Lily Anne Harrison/Bobby Campo) -- Filmed entirely in New York -- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel -- For some reason, the HMM website lists the first showtime date for this as July 11th, even though they claim that it is premiering on July 7th.

Sat., July 13th -- A Merry Christmas Match (Ashley Newbrough/Kyle Dean Massey/Lindsey Gort) -- Hallmark Channel -- This is another one that filmed entirely in California, mostly around Idyllwild.

Sat., July 13th -- 2019 Christmas: A First Look Preview Special hosted by Lacey Chabert - Hallmark Channel -- They did this same kind of show last year in July, and it should feature clips of maybe 6 or 7 Christmas movies coming up during the holiday season.

Sat., July 20th -- ????? (I wonder if Hallmark Channel is in the process of acquiring another Christmas movie to add to this date at the last minute.)

Sat., July 20th -- 2019 Summer Nights Preview Special hosted by Erin Krakow & Ryan Paevey - Hallmark Channel

Sat., July 27th -- Rome in Love (Italia Ricci/Peter Porte) -- Hallmark Channel -- Right now it appears that Hallmark is using this movie (shot in Italy) as the kickoff to their Summer Nights event. 

Sun., July 28th -- Good Witch's latest/new season resumes (after taking a break on July 14th and 21st) -- Hallmark Channel

In some order or another, these are also on the Summer Nights line-up -- either no dates have been announced at this point, OR, if they have, they are subject to change:

Sat., Aug. 3rd -- A Taste of Summer (Roselyn Sanchez/Eric Winter) -- Hallmark Channel

Sat., Aug. 10th -- Sunshine (Danica McKellar/Mark Deklin) -- Hallmark Channel -- I think this title will change.

Sat., Aug. 17th -- Dude Ranch (Erin Krakow/Ryan Paevey/Sarah Strange/Kevin O'Grady) -- Hallmark Channel - I think this title might change as well.

Aug. 24th -- All Summer Long (Autumn Reeser/Brennan Elliott) -- Hallmark Channel

Aug. 31st -- ????? (There are 5 Saturdays in August, so IF Hallmark Channel plans to keep up the "new movie every Saturday night, all year long" promise, then there should be one more Summer Nights movie thrown in -- but I don't know which one it will be.)

August OR September -- Three Aurora Teagarden movies (w/ Candace Cameron Bure, Niall Matter, Marilu Henner, etc.) have been filmed, and were originally scheduled for September, but apparently might move to August.   (I think Hallmark Movies & Mysteries should move them to August to fill the Garage Sale void, but I am not 100% sure that is happening.)

October -- Three Crossword Mystery movies (w/ Lacey Chabert & Brennan Elliott) are supposed to premiere on HMM (although they have not yet been filmed, and cannot film until Brennan Elliott is done shooting his summer movie with Autumn Reeser).

I don't know what's on the Hallmark Channel schedule for September or October, post-Summer Nights and pre-Countdown to Christmas.  None of the Fall Harvest movies have been filmed, as far as I know. 

Any random month -- A new Chronicle Mysteries movie was filmed; a J.L. Family Ranch sequel was filmed;  a new Darrow & Darrow movie is shooting now, and another two Mystery 101 movies are going to film.   Any of these could feasibly be scheduled for whichever month is the emptiest on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel.

Edited by TVFan17
Hallmark changed another title!
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

I don’t understand “Wedding March 5”.... who, in their right mind, plans their destination wedding when they get there ONE WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING?!  They should have already talked to the caterer, had the cake ordered, and HAD THEIR WEDDING GOWN, way before 1 week until the wedding. Do the vendors in that town just wait until someone shows up and says “Hey, I’m having a wedding on Saturday.” How can you do business like that!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ehall1052 said:

I don’t understand “Wedding March 5”.... who, in their right mind, plans their destination wedding when they get there ONE WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING?!  They should have already talked to the caterer, had the cake ordered, and HAD THEIR WEDDING GOWN, way before 1 week until the wedding. Do the vendors in that town just wait until someone shows up and says “Hey, I’m having a wedding on Saturday.” How can you do business like that!

Makes as much sense as ad angecies working on their Christmas ads for that Christmas season in December.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I read the description of a movie that was on last night (or maybe it was this morning?).  A family had a "wedding shoe factory"....bwaah.  Are there such things?  This "factory" is right up there with the candy cane factory and others of that ilk.

Oh well...whatever works, I guess.  I would like to know how the ratings are for HMM.  Have they gone up?  Stayed the same?  Or dropped.

But.  A wedding shoe factory.  Watch...I'll bet there are such things and I will look like an idiot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, In2You said:

Makes as much sense as ad angecies working on their Christmas ads for that Christmas season in December.

There was one movie (I forgot which one) that was about two people making a Christmas ad for next year. I couldn’t believe at the accuracy of this movie, but since I forgot which one it was it probably wasn’t one of the memorable ones.

Looking forward to some of the summer movies, especially the one with Brennan Elliot and Autum Reeser. Interested to see if Eric Winter and Roselyn Sanchez will have onscreen chemistry since they are married (and are such a gorgeous couple). 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

^^^I bet it was With Love, Christmas with Aaron O Connell and Emilie Ullerup. The reason I remember it is because 1) Aaron O Connell, 2) the snowman Emilie and the niece or whatever was making starting moving wobbly when they tapped it (I kid not) and 3) that horrific ice skating scene in the CG rink. It was spectacular.

I'm with you on the same movies. Didn't know Roslyn Sanchez and Eric Winter were married. I'm def looking forward to their movie and Autumn and Brennan. I'm pretty excited to see Christopher Russell back on my screen again since Midnight Masquerade. Though I'm starting to tire of Jen Lilley. She's a sweet kid but this is her third movie on Hallmark this year. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, sistersledge said:

I watched the jack wagner one last night, I don't even know the name of it. 

The actress always gets to work with fairly attractive "hunks" but seems like a mismatch with all of them. She's got this prim and proper preppy vibe about her, I find it hard to believe she was a hot couple with the guy last night or even the pride and prejudice dog one. 

Cindy Busby.  Likeable enough, but I think fails as a lead.  I think she’d make a good quirky sidekick.

In general I would say there are some smokin’ hot male leaders, but fewer women to pair with.  The pretty women such as Jen Lilley and Erin Krakow are very wholesome. Pretty, but not sizzling.

i crack up at some of the male seconds like Peter Benson and Aaron Craven.  They always play either a nice secondary character or the schlubby boyfriend getting dumped.  Never the romantic lead.

1 hour ago, twoods said:

There was one movie (I forgot which one) that was about two people making a Christmas ad for next year. I couldn’t believe at the accuracy of this movie, but since I forgot which one it was it probably wasn’t one of the memorable ones.

There is also Reunited at Christmas where the lead is an author writing a Christmas novel for the next year. 

If we’re going to get Christmas in July I’d love it if one of the movies was a someone working on something Christmas related in July. Something like Christmas in Homestead but set in the summer. 

On 6/9/2019 at 3:32 PM, ehall1052 said:

I don’t understand “Wedding March 5”.... who, in their right mind, plans their destination wedding when they get there ONE WEEK BEFORE THE WEDDING?!  

Welcome to Hallmark World where logic is tossed aside to create weak, stupid story lines. 

They have well and truly jumped the shark with these awful movies.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I used to come to this forum and see tons of comments and discussion; but it doesn't seem nearly as active anymore.  How come?  I know I stopped watching HGTV so much when it got to be all about selling houses and/or marathons of the same shows, same script.  Could that be happening with Hallmark?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I used to come to this forum and see tons of comments and discussion; but it doesn't seem nearly as active anymore.  How come?  I know I stopped watching HGTV so much when it got to be all about selling houses and/or marathons of the same shows, same script.  Could that be happening with Hallmark?

I watch Hallmark for the mysteries so I can't comment about any changes in their regular movies programming.  But I just have to respond about the HGTV thing, since I agree sooo much.  I started watching HGTV back in the days of Design on a Dime,  Designers Challenge, Designed to Sell, Room By Room, Curb Appeal (Rick Spence was my TV boyfriend), etc., and HGTV was the station I kept on all the time.  Now the only time I watch it, is when I am at the gym, and need a 30-minute mindless show. 

• Love 5

Hey, Hallmark Channel finally realized black people exist!  Love, Take Two on Saturday will feature a black couple as the main characters.  I'm gong to watch just to show them that viewers will watch movies with POC leads, even though I have been "off" on Hallmark movies since Christmas.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, izabella said:

Hey, Hallmark Channel finally realized black people exist!  Love, Take Two on Saturday will feature a black couple as the main characters.  I'm gong to watch just to show them that viewers will watch movies with POC leads, even though I have been "off" on Hallmark movies since Christmas.

I have had the not wonderful 2019 Love in the Sun on for the last 10 minutes while I wait for the 6pm movie to start and the grill to come up to temp outside.

The second couple is black/white interracial, one of about 3 or 4 I have seen on Hallmarks, and the Morning Show movies has a black couple as the lead and love interest (not the channel's fault there is about zero romance chemistry there-- 100% the director's and actors' fault).

Love in the Sun the leads are white and latina, same (obviously) for Alex and Carlos Penavega's romance and mystery movies.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

I'm still watching, and still keeping up with everything that's going on in the world of Hallmark.   It doesn't bother me if there is repetition in the stories, actors, locations, or whatever else.    If I like the formula and genre, that's the main thing that counts.  Within that genre, I expect that there will be some movies I like and some that I don't -- but it's not a big deal to me if a movie airs that I don't love, as I just move on to the next one.    I didn't necessarily love certain individual episodes of Breaking Bad or certain episodes of Sex and the City either, although I loved those series in general.

Now, that said, sometimes I am just not in the mood for certain genres.   Sometimes I get on a kick of watching Lifetime's endless stream of suspense/stalker movies for a while, until one day I am just not in the mood for that type of movie and I switch to a different genre.   I might binge-watch a bunch of Real Housewives seasons for a week and then I burn out on reality TV for a few months.   The same thing happens with Hallmark movies.  I might be in the mood to watch lighthearted rom coms and feel-good fare for a long stretch of time, and then suddenly I am not.    So , for me, it's not really about anything that Hallmark is doing differently or doing wrong or whatever.  It's more about my mood and what I feel like watching at any given time.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

I used to come to this forum and see tons of comments and discussion; but it doesn't seem nearly as active anymore.  How come? 

Because they recycle about 7 scripts over and over, you know what the end will be 4 minutes from the start, and they are crushingly boring.

• Love 7
On 6/9/2019 at 8:08 PM, Woopwoopkitty said:

Cindy Busby.  Likeable enough, but I think fails as a lead.  I think she’d make a good quirky sidekick.

For me she's by far the least likable female lead on Hallmark TV. I think the only role she could pull off convincingly is the brittle, bitchy, judgmental, wrong-for-him, about-to-be-dumped girlfriend of the male lead. Couldn't stand her on Cedar Cove either and it's frustrating to see her keep getting paired up with actors I like.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, izabella said:

Same here! I'm actually looking forward to this one and hope the numbers turn out for the support. And for Heather Hemmens (she's so gorgeous!). I've been a fan since I saw her in a horrible "soap opera" that shall remain nameless. She was wasted there but I'm looking forward to seeing her play opposite of that setting. I like what I see in the previews so far.  I'm hoping the fact that Hallmark had an official "welcome to the family" post for her means we'll be seeing more movies headlined by her.

10 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

I have had the not wonderful 2019 Love in the Sun on for the last 10 minutes while I wait for the 6pm movie to start and the grill to come up to temp outside.

The second couple is black/white interracial, one of about 3 or 4 I have seen on Hallmarks, and the Morning Show movies has a black couple as the lead and love interest (not the channel's fault there is about zero romance chemistry there-- 100% the director's and actors' fault).

Love in the Sun the leads are white and latina, same (obviously) for Alex and Carlos Penavega's romance and mystery movies.

If I may assume to presume (heh), I figured the poster meant black actresses and actors as leads which we haven't gotten since the Christmas movies. I saw some posters over at the FB mentioning this as well and I have to admit, I wondered myself. Love Holly Robinson Peete as an actress, but I feel like Hallmark is tokenizing her a bit. Similar with the Penavegas. We may be entering a new era with the veterans moving to HMM for their mystery entries (aside from the big seasonal pushes) and the new class popping up on the main channel.

I'm with you on the use of Love in the Sun. I first watched it in the same situation and it wasn't a hit for me, but I've found myself "rewatching" it mainly for the eye candy (the summer setting, the beach side town, Shawn Christian). It's a great background/laundry folding movie while doing other stuff. Love the secondary mixed couple. I kinda wished we got to follow them around.

18 hours ago, Kemper said:

9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Because they recycle about 7 scripts over and over, you know what the end will be 4 minutes from the start, and they are crushingly boring.

I've noticed the same. I think it was livelier during and a little after Christmas because we were getting so many new movies and everyone was sharing their thoughts and recs. Now as we get into the year, they keep showing the same daggone movies (yeesh, Hallmark, you got hundreds of movies in your vault, use em!) every week that it's getting super old and people moved onto other channels for a bit. So yep, the HGTV effect. I did notice that they have been focusing more on the Crown Media era of movies rather than showing a mix of oldies like they used to. Doesn't help that they are still trying to push the app where they keep sending the good movies. Sigh.

On the plus side there are some oldies but goodies coming up later this week including Friday's Christmas anniversary movie, the ever awesome Snow Bride.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, izabella said:

Thanks for letting me know. I havent been watching much since the black led Christmas movies. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Is that (totally predictably) horrible blonde girlfriend in A Country Wedding wearing a really bad wig?  Her hair is hideous.

Really bad wigs is how you know it's a Hallmark movie. So many actresses in their movies have them, it's almost a trademark.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, GaT said:

Really bad wigs is how you know it's a Hallmark movie. So many actresses in their movies have them, it's almost a trademark.

Yes, I think they share the same ones across different movies and series

Edited by catrice2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Tuned into Love, Take Two tonight. Glad there were no bad wigs. 😉

It started out a bit slowish for me and I was afraid it would be another cookie cutter Hallmark movie with new faces but it kicked up nicely after the halfway mark and I really enjoyed it. They gave the characters some interests outside of each other and The Seasonal Event of the movie. There was some good dialogue, gorgeous people to stare at, and a nice relaxing storyline that was enjoyable to follow. I also really liked that though the leads had easy romantic chemistry, they reconnected as friends instead of leaping right into wanting each other and then getting married on the spot. Nice job on this one, Hallmark. This deserves a sequel. I wanted to continue following them after the end credits. :-p

I'll be tuning in next week cause I love me some Paul Campbell.

• Love 7
On 6/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, Kemper said:

I used to come to this forum and see tons of comments and discussion; but it doesn't seem nearly as active anymore.  How come?  I know I stopped watching HGTV so much when it got to be all about selling houses and/or marathons of the same shows, same script.  Could that be happening with Hallmark

Maybe but they've had their standard fare for a while now.  I think commenting ebbs and flows and the fact that the spring and summer (pre-wedding) movies were even less inspiring than usual.

I liked both leads in today's movie.  I especially liked the actress and hope to see her more.  I thought the actor was kind of bad in the last movie he was in (a Christmas movie) so I'm glad he was better here. 

It was a different premise but there was something really sleepy about this movie. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought the actor was kind of bad in the last movie he was in (a Christmas movie) so I'm glad he was better here. 

I thought he was a little wooden here, although I'm wondering if it was partially the script, which I thought was a little clunky. I know him as Marcus from Scandal, and he was much snappier and more charismatic there. Of course, that show moved at the speed of light, as I've heard all Shonda Rhimes shows do. Oh, and I have to say, @MissyPoo, when you said the lead actress was gorgeous you weren't kidding. She's absolutely stunning (and I'd kill to have legs like hers). The bride was also a beautiful woman, who reminded me a lot of Idina Menzel. They could play sisters.

I liked the movie overall. I agree it was a bit sleepy, but since I needed that after an extremely busy Saturday with lots of driving all over the metro Detroit area, I was good with it.

ETA: On a slightly different topic, My Boyfriend's Back: Wedding March 5: meh. However, it was totally worth sitting through just for Tyler Hynes--and I watched it once more on DVR and just FF'd to his parts. I am coming to love him a ridiculous amount. He's even in danger of surpassing my Holy Hallmark Trinity of Antonio Cupo, Paul Greene, and Victor Webster in my affections. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1