Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Maybe she realized what horrible dreck Hallmark movies have become and has decided to cut ties with the losers.

Dang, I felt that burn all the way over here.

But yeah, I don't blame her for being picky. Like TvFan, I freaking love Naughty or Nice which is still a fave (and still has me in stitches) to this day. It sounds like Hilarie is taking the Andrew Walker route, though it still looks like he has one foot in Lifetimeland and the other in Hallmarkland so he's still open to it. I just wish Hallmark would still challenge themselves to new and different stories like they mentioned in a few articles ago. Instead, they seem to be too comfortable with dishing out the same ole same ole. On the plus side, they do seem to listen to their FB audience so if enough people voice their concern, they may step it up.

That said, I've been sitting out most of the Countdown to Summer movies because I could tell they would grate my nerves just by the trailers. Though, I am looking forward to next Monday's movie and this Saturday's movie (mainly because I love ogling Ryan Paevey. Yum).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I like the premise of the Picture mystery, my concern is that the (real life) couple didn't have super great on screen chemistry in the romance movie, but maybe they will in a mystery.

When are they going to burn more of the Crosswords? That almost was good and may get better

On 5/18/2019 at 2:19 AM, GaT said:

I just watched the 2nd new Hailey Dean movie & wondered why there were no comments on either movie. Your comment was the first. I'm guessing everybody was just as bored as I was. I didn't even notice there was a different actress.

I actually like the Hailey Dean movies.  The plots seem to have more intrigue and complexity than the other mystery movies.  But on a very shallow note, they need to not put too much make-up on Kellie Martin. She looks so much worse that way.

Coincidentally, I just watched the Pilot episode of Mystery Woman.  Even though it was from many years ago, does anyone know why they re-cast Philby and Cassie after the Pilot?  I definitely agree with the Philby re-casting.  That other guy was kind of creepy, but not in an intriguing way like Clarence Williams III.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did you watch My Best Friend's Wedding and think Julia Roberts should have gotten the guy?  Well then From Friend to Fiance might be right up your alley. 

I was watching this with my mom so I ended up watching the whole thing. I don't know what I would have done if I were watching on my own via DVR.  Watch the whole thing or delete?

Something tells me I might have watched the whole thing only because I knew it'd be such a mess trying to get to the end with everyone, except probably the fiancee/ex-mean girl, being awful.  I liked the lead actress but her realization that she like liked her friend only after he got engaged was hard to follow.  And then she was pretty much trigger happy to undermine that relationship by sticking her nose where it didn't belong. 

I'm not a huge fan of the lead actor.  He has always been good looking but bland to me.  But his character was fine until his big realization, just before the wedding, that maybe he wasn't ready to marry his fiancee but was going to do it anyway once his friend put her feelings aside and told him he should.

Then his fiancee decides to dump him just because someone who has known him longer knew where to find him?  So stupid.

But yay, only six months later.  (SIX MONTHS, people--not even a year), we see him marrying the friend.  There felt like zilch buildup.  He never was shown to really consider her as a romantic interest.  But at least the wedding saved us from the sequel where they'd go from friends to fiances.

The sad part is that there was a potential decent romcom here.  But nope. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7

It was totally unbelievable that this guy was her "best friend", yet she did not know that he had even been dating the Kimberly girl. How is that possible? They seemed to know everything else about one another. They also shared a group of friends, so wouldn't this dating info had at least leaked out? Ridiculous. And the guy with the scooter at the retirement home did not look anywhere near the age of needing to be in a retirement home. At first, I thought he was her dad.

• Love 3

Sun Sand and Romance is on the countdown, I have it on in the background while prepping the burgers and potato salad.

I posted last time that I wasn't comfortable with the "Boyfriend has to work through the vaca so she falls in love with the old BF" plot, and that Tricia is a great and likable actress.

The real star here is the resort. The drone shots of the water sports, hotel beachfront, paddle boarding, horses on the beach, all look great. They also found the lead a modest swimsuit that also doesn't look frumpy.

(edited)

I only lasted half an hour into From Friend to Fiance. It was just...meh. I can't even pinpoint anything in particular that made me not like it, I just...didn't. If I had to pick something, the lead actress seemed a little too young and dithery, and Ryan Paevey seemed kind of passive in this role. I doubt if I'll watch the rest of it any time soon, so I deleted it off the DVR.

@Happywatcher, I'm watching Sun, Sand & Romance right now. This is the first time I've seen it, and to my surprise (because I've never been a real fan of Tricia Helfer) I'm enjoying it (and even her). It's not what I'd call a classic, but it's miles better than last night's movie and last week's movie.

I guess I've just outgrown the movies with the very young leads?

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 2

I actually enjoyed From Friend to Fiance a lot more than I thought I would, even though there wasn't a lot going on and I agree with Pickles that the older man was nowhere near old enough to be in a home. 

I really liked the two leads and thought they were very well matched.  I also liked how the mean girl story played out, especially the resolution.

Maybe it was my mood, but it all worked for me, even though it was a very simple story that normally would have bored me.  (It did seem a lot longer than most of these movies that I like.)

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

I actually enjoyed From Friend to Fiance a lot more than I thought I would, even though there wasn't a lot going on and I agree with Pickles that the older man was nowhere near old enough to be in a home. 

I really liked the two leads and thought they were very well matched.  I also liked how the mean girl story played out, especially the resolution.

Maybe it was my mood, but it all worked for me, even though it was a very simple story that normally would have bored me.  (It did seem a lot longer than most of these movies that I like.)

Same here -- I enjoyed From Friend to Fiance more than I expected to.    Sure, it had flaws, and there could have been 5 extra minutes devoted to the two "friends" acknowledging that they were in love with each other before the 6-month jump to the wedding.  But, in general, I thought that much of the movie was cute.  I think that Jocelyn Hudon, the leading lady (who is also one of the stars of the upcoming When Calls the Heart spinoff), is very good.  She seems to have a knack for romantic comedy.   I hope that Hallmark uses her again in this specific type of movie -- something funnier as opposed to more dramatic -- because I think she has a lot of potential.

This movie was not Hallmark's from the start -- they acquired it -- and I think that difference was kind of easy to pick up on.  The movie had an ever-so-slightly different feel to it than one of the regular made-for-Hallmark movies.

I saw someone complaining on the Hallmark Channel Facebook page about the cursing or bad language, or whatever they thought was going on.    

You know, I heard the word "hell" uttered a couple of times, and I think that Jocelyn's character said "screwed things up" or something like it at one point.  But, unless I missed something, the "hell" that I heard was not used in a very negative sort of way -- in other words, no one said, "To hell with you," or "That's a hell of a way to mess things up."   I think that the term "gone to hell in a hand basket" was used -- which I didn't think would be offensive to anyone.

Now, I can totally understand if Hallmark's core audience -- the longtime, older viewers who have been following them since the Hall of Fame movies from many decades ago -- is more conservative and less forgiving of certain words.    That's totally fine with me if Hallmark wants to be a clean place without those words used.   They can do whatever they want.   It doesn't bother me either way.

BUT.... what I find to be bizarre is that  Hallmark will show Frasier, The Golden Girls, Cheers, etc. -- and you will hear "damns," "hells" and other words used, as well as see characters in bed together.  On Golden Girls, the sexual innuendoes and references are frequent because of the Blanche character.   And yet... Hallmark's older viewers seem to love seeing those old shows on the Hallmark Channel -- language and all.   So I don't understand how "hell in a handbasket" being used in a movie is going to offend someone, when just a couple of hours later, on the same channel, they can hear Dorothy and Sophia saying "hell," or see Blanche talk about her sexual conquests on Golden Girls.

Edited by TVFan17
typo!
  • Love 5

My issue with Friend to Fiance was that fully grown adults kept asking each other "Yes, but do you LIKE-like him??" as if they were fourteen.  It sort of diminished the whole thing.  Also I couldn't quite respect a grown man who retreats from his looming wedding by crouching in his childhood playhouse.  Issues, much???  

Girl was cute - perky, and at least a different face from the half dozen usual ones.  But the characters' wide pre-teen streak in their personalities was not attractive.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Same here -- I enjoyed From Friend to Fiance more than I expected to.    Sure, it had flaws, and there could have been 5 extra minutes devoted to the two "friends" acknowledging that they were in love with each other before the 6-month jump to the wedding.  But, in general, I thought that much of the movie was cute.  I think that Jocelyn Hudon, the leading lady (who is also one of the stars of the upcoming When Calls the Heart spinoff), is very good.  She seems to have a knack for romantic comedy.   I hope that Hallmark uses her again in this specific type of movie -- something funnier as opposed to more dramatic -- because I think she has a lot of potential.

I too thought it was cute, and the two leads were very appealing and likeable... especially compared to the last two new Hallmark movies.  And I agree with you about Jocelyn Hudon.  She is gorgeous but still relatable and seems to have more substance and natural acting ability than some of the other Hallmark actresses who seem to have been hired just because they are TV-beautiful.  I think Jocelyn's a great fit for these types of movies and wouldn't mind seeing her in more of them.

I hadn't even noticed anything remotely close to cursing, so I'm surprised about the complaints you mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Chippings said:

My issue with Friend to Fiance was that fully grown adults kept asking each other "Yes, but do you LIKE-like him??" as if they were fourteen.  It sort of diminished the whole thing.  Also I couldn't quite respect a grown man who retreats from his looming wedding by crouching in his childhood playhouse.  Issues, much???  

Girl was cute - perky, and at least a different face from the half dozen usual ones.  But the characters' wide pre-teen streak in their personalities was not attractive.

Haha!  That's true.  I hadn't really thought about it, but in a way I guess it was appropriate since they were all still getting over their pre-adult experiences.

I did like how they handle the reformed mean girl.  I was never quite sure how reformed she really was until her last scene and I thought it was realistic that somebody like that could grow up to regret the way they behaved.  I liked her realization that at least part of her motivation to marry him was because she wanted to prove to herself that she truly had changed.  (Not that dating him would be any kind of hardship!)

In some ways, even though they had the immature romantic behavior of "Do you like-like him?" and all that... the main characters also showed quite a bit of maturity, especially in the final resolution, tree-house notwithstanding.

Plus it made it easier to root for the childhood BFFs because they truly loved and understood each other and they were equally gorgeous and attracted to each other... so of course they should get together.  (They would have some seriously beautiful offspring!)   The thing that was hard to believe was that they never dated before... but I guess IRL people do get stuck in their friend roles, even when everybody else who observes them knows they belong together.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 3

Trying to get through A Feeling of Home, but I'm having the same struggle as others. My biggest issue is how much of a jackass the father is and how inept the daughter is despite growing up on the ranch. I'll keep trying to stick with it...

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I saw someone complaining on the Hallmark Channel Facebook page about the cursing or bad language, or whatever they thought was going on.    

You know, I heard the word "hell" uttered a couple of times, and I think that Jocelyn's character said "screwed things up" or something like it at one point.  But, unless I missed something, the "hell" that I heard was not used in a very negative sort of way -- in other words, no one said, "To hell with you," or "That's a hell of a way to mess things up."   I think that the term "gone to hell in a hand basket" was used -- which I didn't think would be offensive to anyone.

Now, I can totally understand if Hallmark's core audience -- the longtime, older viewers who have been following them since the Hall of Fame movies from many decades ago -- is more conservative and less forgiving of certain words.    That's totally fine with me if Hallmark wants to be a clean place without those words used.   They can do whatever they want.   It doesn't bother me either way.

BUT.... what I find to be bizarre is that  Hallmark will show Frasier, The Golden Girls, Cheers, etc. -- and you will hear "damns," "hells" and other words used, as well as see characters in bed together.  On Golden Girls, the sexual innuendoes and references are frequent because of the Blanche character.   And yet... Hallmark's older viewers seem to love seeing those old shows on the Hallmark Channel -- language and all.   So I don't understand how "hell in a handbasket" being used in a movie is going to offend someone, when just a couple of hours later, on the same channel, they can hear Dorothy and Sophia saying "hell," or see Blanche talk about her sexual conquests on Golden Girls.

Ha, that was the part of the movie I DID like, TVFan17. The main character uttered the word "hell," and I couldn't believe I actually heard it. So I will say, points for going there. It's kind of fun picturing the Hallmark Hausfraus clutching their pearls over it, especially with the other shows you cite being a regular part of the channel.

5 hours ago, Chippings said:

Yes! You articulated this much better than I was able to, Chippings. I felt like I was watching a movie aimed at teen girls, because the main characters were acting like teenagers. I've watched my share of teen movies, even as an adult, but that isn't what I expect from Hallmark. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Season for Love. I went out today before our burger fest and we are going to our friends place tomorrow for smoking........

You can't do ribs, even baby backs, in 4 hours on a grill. It does not work that way.Hallmark land cooking =/= actual cooking in any way

Edited by Happywatcher
clarity
  • Love 1

Just finished watching Pearl in Paradise yet again. See, this is what I'm talking about, Hallmark. I KNOW you can do not-bland and fun and enjoyable and smart, because you did it here. 

And I saw the commercial for the next Mystery 101, on June 23. I can't wait!

• Love 4
On 5/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, Chippings said:

Girl was cute - perky, and at least a different face from the half dozen usual ones. 

She seemed to be the Hallmark version of  Rachel Bilson ... which is a good thing as I appreciate that "adorkable" type of female lead. Jocelyn Hudon pulled that off very well.

• Love 1

I started watching the movie that for some unknown reason premiered on a Monday.  I can't even remember the generic name.  The couple were childhood sweethearts in Florida.  The woman moved to Chicago for school and stayed.  He must have moved there too but they broke up and he went back to Florida.  She had a dating app (Wasn't there another dating app movie?) and got engaged.  She went back to Florida and can't remember why.  ZZzzzzzzzzzz

I just couldn't get into it.  It was so blah and predictable.  The leads were cute and decent actors, but they were given boring material.  I was more interested in the father and nice blond neighbor.

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought Love in the Sun was dull as well. I thought the female lead was okay, but the male lead was such a bad actor. He was so wooden. I did not think there was any chemistry between the leads. I agree that the romance between the dad and the blond woman was more interesting. 

As someone who lives in Chicago and my hometown is on the other side of the lake. I prefer my Lake Michigan over most bodies of water. So I kind of grumbled anytime they mildly disparaged Lake Michigan.

On another note Kelly Pickler's voice in the commercial for whatever the new Graceland movie is called is so grating. I did not watch the first movie, because I am not a Kelly Pickler fan so I will not be watching the next. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

On another note Kelly Pickler's voice in the commercial for whatever the new Graceland movie is called is so grating. I did not watch the first movie, because I am not a Kelly Pickler so I will not be watching the next. 

Same here.  I watched the preview of the June movies and the only one I'm really looking forward to is the one starring Paul Campbell - The Last Bridesmaid - with Rachel Boston.  I've loved him in everything I've seen him in.

I will also probably watch Wedding March 5: My Boyfriend's Back because it stars Tyler Hynes who I really enjoyed in Flip that Romance.  (I originally wasn't going to bother since I haven't seen the four previous movies in the series... but the preview made it seem like perhaps each installment focuses on a different couple, making them stand-alone for new viewers.  Is that true?)

Edited by AnnaRose
typo
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

I started watching the movie that for some unknown reason premiered on a Monday.  I can't even remember the generic name.  The couple were childhood sweethearts in Florida.  The woman moved to Chicago for school and stayed.  He must have moved there too but they broke up and he went back to Florida.  She had a dating app (Wasn't there another dating app movie?) and got engaged.  She went back to Florida and can't remember why.  ZZzzzzzzzzzz

I just couldn't get into it.  It was so blah and predictable.  The leads were cute and decent actors, but they were given boring material.  I was more interested in the father and nice blond neighbor.

Yep, as noted above, the title was 'Love in the Sun' and there was nothing to distinguish it from a dozen or more similar movies in the Hallmark hit parade.

Once again, she ran a matchmaking app.  This time, the gimmick was that it specifically found matches for people based on geography since her own teen romance had foundered when she went to Chicago for college and he stayed in Florida.  Eventually, he came up to Chicago, but couldn't survive not being in Florida and they broke up.  I thought she was pretty good, his acting was not great, he was pretty to look at.

Meanwhile, in the usual Mad Libs style of scriptwriting Hallmark uses, she has the usual non-Caucasian best friend/work assistant and is on the verge of signing a great big deal to franchise her app or something.  She is dating a boring banker who likes to golf (which in this movie is apparently a negative trait) she met online and he proposes.

Once again, the script went into the Hallmark blender and the Magic 8 Ball selected the widowed father, kind of estranged from his daughter since her mother's death.  She hasn't been back to their little Florida town (Safety Harbor, a real town, I used to know someone from there) since her mom died because she and Dad are just so completely devastated by Mom's death.  The actor who played Dad was pretty good and very hot; he would've actually been a better romantic lead as he didn't look old enough to be her Dad.  Since someone in every Hallmark film must be in the hospitality business so they can host a big party, Dad owns an inn, but unbeknownst to daughter, has closed it rather than do the basic renovation/redecoration it needs.  No word on how he supports himself as he has no other income.  He has an attractive single neighbor who drops by for coffee and chat every morning, but, apparently it hasn't occurred to him to make a move.

Boring banker boyfriend (BBB) proposes and, despite the fact that she doesn't even seem to like him, she accepts and then decides to go to Florida as a surprise for Dad to tell him the happy news.  I think you can guess the rest: local festival needs a venue, dad and daughter reconcile and grieve for mom while daughter pushes dad in the direction of nice neighbor lady, high school beach bum ex boyfriend turns out to still love her, hangs out with her dad a lot for no apparent reason.  She and beach bum ex hit it off trying to help her dad, etc.  She thinks he's broke and not motivated but it turns out he owns a successful kayak company (really!) and is loaded as all good Hallmark boyfriends must be,  BBB turns up, they realize they are not in love and she is free to go to beach bum, she finds a way to move her business to Florida and, of course, from here on out, her app will put LOVE first and not geography because it is every woman's dream to pick up stakes and move a couple thousand miles for a guy they met online.

THE END

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Meanwhile, in the usual Mad Libs style of scriptwriting Hallmark uses

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

the script went into the Hallmark blender and the Magic 8 Ball

OMG!  It's like the scene from the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy looks behind the curtain and the "Wizard's" secret is revealed.  Now I know how Hallmark movies are made and why they are all similar.  Doodlebug, you are a genius.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/18/2019 at 11:50 PM, AnnaRose said:

Yes, her voice was very annoying.  I managed to watch until the class (it was hard to believe the lead actress was some sort of science teacher!) showed up to the boat and she got her journal back.  It also annoyed me that the lead male refused to apologize for his part in the collision the day before.  A simple, gracious apology, at the very least, is just decent manners... his adamant refusal made him seem like a jerk to me.  At that point I decided I'd had enough anyway.  Did anybody watch the whole thing?  Did it ever get better? 

I watched the whole thing and didn't regret watching it.  My tolerance level is 30 minutes at most so this is a pretty decent endorsement.  Someone previously mentioned the stupid way people dance in Hallmark's wedding segments and there was plenty of that here.  I swear two couples were doing the polka during one of the reception scenes while there was romantic music playing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I watched the whole thing and didn't regret watching it.  My tolerance level is 30 minutes at most so this is a pretty decent endorsement.  Someone previously mentioned the stupid way people dance in Hallmark's wedding segments and there was plenty of that here.  I swear two couples were doing the polka during one of the reception scenes while there was romantic music playing.

I'm guessing they add the music later, after they secure licensing.

I was so disappointed that I didn’t love “Love in the Sun” because it was shot right up the street from me. It was big news that Hallmark was making a movie here.  The dad’s inn looked more like a B & B to me. And that festival! Only a handful of people showed up. Festivals should have thousands of people showing up.

• Love 1
(edited)

I’m really liking the lead in From Friend to Fiancé a lot. She’s got great comedic timing and would be nice to see in future hallmark movies. She also made Ryan Paevey less wooden. 

Editing this to see how nice it was to see the fiancé’s point of view for a change. Usually we just see the leads struggling and the third person is just a caricature but I liked the fiancé’s scene with her friends who were concerned about Ted being a rebound and wanting what’s best for her. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

I enjoyed the Julie Gonzalo / Tyler Hynes movie tonight “Flip That Romance” for a few reasons.  Julie and Tyler were a more mature, completely non-ditzy pair of leads.  They had a nice chemistry and were a pleasure to watch.  I loved watching the home do-over renovation work, loved the end results, loved Tyler’s woodworking with restored wood and old pieces, and Julie’s own home was one of my favorites I’ve seen on a Hallmark movie.  The supporting players were all a pleasure — no evildoers.  The ultimate kiss was a treat because, though it had a momentary interruption by a phone ringing, they went through with it anyway!  The editor of the magazine was a little flighty in mannerisms and voice, but she grew on me somewhat.  I liked the unique premise of the dueling duplex renovations — a nice change for Hallmark.  I’d watch it again which is a big thumbs-up.

• Love 3
(edited)

The older Lifetime movies were much better (Cradle of Lies, Encounter with Danger, and Not My Life come to mind) . They had less psychos running around killing everything in sight, less of a horror feel, and more suspense thrillers with mostly women in jeopardy fighting the bad guy in the end. They also aired some really cute rom coms that were sorta  Hallmarky but a lil sexier (sometimes featured a fade out love scene or two).  

If you can find em, the following were pretty cute: 

Double Wedding

I Do, But I Don't

Lying to Be Perfect

Marry Me

See Jane Date (this is currently on the Hallmark app sans the bed scene)

Making Mr. Right

Sundays at Tiffany's

I like their crop of Christmas movies as well. The channel doesn't show these much anymore but you can probably find them on the tubes.

I watched Love on the Sun while cooking so it was a nice background noise kind of movie. Considering I didn't feel like rewatching it until maybe today means it didn't make an impression on me much. Bummer because I was looking forward to it. I loved seeing the mixed couple though.

I think the lead guy should have been the actor who played the father (amended to not be an old flame because of the age difference - but dang, he was hot), the father probably should have been the actor playing the boyfriend back in town and the old flame should be the inevitably dumped fiance. I would have liked it much better that way. As it is, I'll probably rewatch it for the scenery while I'm doing some activity. That and the eye candy father. The story needed help.

ETA: I do find it funny that the lead chicks usually think their lead guys aren't crap until they find out they're big businessmen.

Edited by MissyPoo
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

I think the lead guy should have been the actor who played the father (amended to not be an old flame because of the age difference - but dang, he was hot), the father probably should have been the actor playing the boyfriend back in town and the old flame should be the inevitably dumped fiance.

Hallmark really needs to stop casting Shawn Christian in parental roles. It didn’t work here or in Ruby Herring.

Edited by Guest
On 5/29/2019 at 7:22 PM, ehall1052 said:

I was so disappointed that I didn’t love “Love in the Sun” because it was shot right up the street from me. It was big news that Hallmark was making a movie here.  The dad’s inn looked more like a B & B to me. And that festival! Only a handful of people showed up. Festivals should have thousands of people showing up.

This, plus-- The lead's face wasn't expressive. And I know the city fiancée was supposed to not be the one, but she had more of an interaction vibe with him instead of home town boy. 

That being said, Safety Harbor looks great. The location people in the Hallmarks this year are earning their keep.

Side note: Ashley Jones, the actress who is the black work bestie in all these, needs to star in her own hallmark

• Love 3

We have Once Upon a Prince on while prepping for brunch tomorrow, and we started chuckling. We were both military, and the guards inside have British army officer uniform blouses, and US Army Armor dress pants. The outside guards have the Armor pants, and US marine enlisted dress blouses

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, AnnaRose said:

I'm guessing they add the music later, after they secure licensing.

You are probably correct.  But wouldn't the director at least give instructions that all of the actors should be dancing to a certain beat like a waltz beat?  Don't just let a bunch of people hop around at random, those scenes are just painful to watch.  I had no idea there were so many non-dancers among Hallmark extras.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

You are probably correct.  But wouldn't the director at least give instructions that all of the actors should be dancing to a certain beat like a waltz beat?  Don't just let a bunch of people hop around at random, those scenes are just painful to watch.  I had no idea there were so many non-dancers among Hallmark extras.

I suspect when you call for extras in the middle of the work day Wednesday in small town Canada or beach South Carolina, you get what you get, and it isn't a lot of people

• Love 1

Came in from the pool to hydrate and Hallmark is playing for Love on the Sidelines. Two Qs:

1. How did the other woman on this not get her own movie? The actress is hilarious.

2. We listen to some podcasts, including Deck the Hallmark and the ended too soon fox news girl one on Hallmarks. Is the official one they just advertised, Bubbly Sesh, any good?

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, AnnaRose said:

I liked it too.  I thought it was sweet and romantic.  Obviously the two lead characters were meant for each other but I understand that as childhood best friends they took awhile to realize it.  It was sweet of the high school mean girl to say that you two need to be honest with each other.  And, Ryan Paevey makes my heart pound.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 6:47 PM, Dani said:

Hallmark really needs to stop casting Shawn Christian in parental roles. It didn’t work here or in Ruby Herring.

He's Taylor Cole's step-father in real life so I can kind of see why they cast him as her father in Ruby Herring. 

I've always liked him and he absolutely could be a lead for a movie, in my opinion.  

Edited by Callietwo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

No comments on the Graceland Wedding?  That speaks volumes.

I'm not a Kellie Pickler fan and a heavy Southern accent hurts my delicate Yankee ears.  But Wes Brown.  Rrrowrrr.  If I wasn’t already married to John Cusack I’d make a play for Wes.  He is the only thing that made it tolerable.

It hurts to look at a Priscilla Presley’s face.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

I didn't last more than a few minutes during the Christmas movie so I didn't even bother with this one. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

Had it on in the background for a while, pretty awful.  Standard fair but with Pickler's nails-on-a-blackboard voice to make it intolerable

• Love 2

Wow, it's about time. Been looking forward to CC. I'm pretty jazzed to see it on HMM. There's a chance they'll play it straight forward rather than the over the topness off the main channel. I'll probably read the book after the premiere.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

It hurts to look at a Priscilla Presley’s face.

I know!!   Did you notice they showed no close ups when Priscilla was speaking? Was it all botched cosmetic surgery or was she involved in a horrible accident? 

• Love 1

I had Graceland on until the last 30 minutes - what, I was folding clothes! Can anyone tell me what happened at the end? I don't care enough to watch it again, but I'm curious if the issue of - oh noes we can't find a minister - turned into Priscilla Presley being the officiant... which is what I was guessing would happen. I don't care enough to find out if the happy couple got her father's blessing or not. Also, way to stereotype military dads.

Wes Brown is way out of Kelli Pickler's league.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I had Graceland on until the last 30 minutes - what, I was folding clothes! Can anyone tell me what happened at the end? I don't care enough to watch it again, but I'm curious if the issue of - oh noes we can't find a minister - turned into Priscilla Presley being the officiant... which is what I was guessing would happen. I don't care enough to find out if the happy couple got her father's blessing or not. Also, way to stereotype military dads.

We were military. No one we know had weak children, military kids grow up tough and can make their own decisions, and the (then) DoDDS were great, they made the kids well educated. No mil dad after the 70s would be that way. (They renamed the military k-12 schools again, but I forget the new name).

The H didn't really say anything to the planner to justify her freakout.

I like Kellie. Her talk show isn't my cup of tea, but she is likable on air and a good singer, and does a nice job here on these.

As I type this Jen Lilley is on in the background, and she is a little more pretty, but Kellie is great. (Peri Gilpen in Dash of Love is the mentor turned backstabbing bitch, and Hallmark makes her look great at 58, too)

4 hours ago, sistersledge said:

Let me see.  The man who was Kellie’s “boss” - I guess that’s what he was - Wes went to him for relationship advice and it turns out he was a Chaplin in the Army (or some branch of service) so he officiated. The Major dad comes around in the end, all wowed when Kellie and Wes sing at their reception with Lee Brice. I don’t think we saw a Priscilla again after the scene where they look at her dress and tux.

I loved Wes’s tux that was patterned like Elvis’s.  Any more and it would have been gaudy but the pattern was just right.  

Wes might be too much hotness for KP but not for me.  After being with John Cusack so long, he a

On June 3, 2019 at 11:17 PM, Woopwoopkitty said:

I'm not a Kellie Pickler fan and a heavy Southern accent hurts my delicate Yankee ears.  But Wes Brown.  Rrrowrrr.  If I wasn’t already married to John Cusack I’d make a play for Wes.  He is the only thing that made it tolerable.

For me (also a Yankee), it isn't so much her accent as her facial expressions.  Someone must have told her that all that it takes to look sad, confused, or uncomfortable is to pout.  And of course that pout was exaggerated by her red lipstick.  But it was all worth it to see Wes Brown.  According to imdb he's working on a movie called Over the Moon in Love.  It co-stars Jessica Lowndes and is being filmed in Vancouver, so there's a good possibility it's a Hallmark movie.

20 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

I know!!   Did you notice they showed no close ups when Priscilla was speaking? Was it all botched cosmetic surgery or was she involved in a horrible accident? 

That was Priscilla Presley?  I thought it was a mannequin/robot.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:17 PM, Woopwoopkitty said:

I loathe  her voice, and her "I'm so cute, look at meee" persona meant I didn't watch, and also FF'd through all those promos.  I strongly disliked her on AI as well.

Husband, who got me hooked on Hallmark channel last Christmas, was shocked I didn't record Saturday's movie, until I reminded him the lead was played by pickle.  Then he knew.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3