Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I got the same email -- the movie was "Holiday for Heroes," right?  Is that the one you got? 

There is a movie that is going into production sometime in the near future (not sure of the dates) with that same title, so I guess that one is for Hallmark.  Seeing that it has a military theme, I wonder if they might try to premiere it on HMM around the 4th of July.  They did that with "Home for Christmas Day" in 2017.

Yes! I love that I get emails from them asking about titles, themes, synopses of movies. I’m not sure why I love it so much,  but I do. 

I enjoyed “Snowcoming,” a lot, but I couldn’t sleep because I kept trying to come up with better titles. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Veronica said:

Yes! I love that I get emails from them asking about titles, themes, synopses of movies. I’m not sure why I love it so much,  but I do. 

I enjoyed “Snowcoming,” a lot, but I couldn’t sleep because I kept trying to come up with better titles. 

Those emails from Hallmark usually give us a range of titles, asking us to pick our favorite as well as to come up with a clever title of our own (based on the synopsis of the plot).   I think this most recent email didn't include multiple different titles to pick from (at least the one I got didn't have them), but still asked us to suggest a title if we had one.  Since they didn't list several titles, that makes me think they are already planning to stick with the title they've got unless a random viewer comes up with a better one.

Edited by TVFan17
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

Those emails from Hallmark usually give us a range of titles, asking us to pick our favorite as well as to come up with a clever title of our own (based on the synopsis of the plot).   I think this most recent email didn't include multiple different titles to pick from (at least, the one I got didn't have them), but still asked us to suggest a title if we had one.  Since they didn't list several titles, that makes me think they are already planning to stick with the title they've got unless a random viewer comes up with a better one.

Yeah, I got that e-mail too, and I admit that despite my complaints about Hallmark's terrible titles, I couldn't come up with a better one. Which doesn't surprise me. I've been an aspiring writer practically since I was old enough to hold a crayon, and all my life my teachers (and my managers; I'm a marketing writer now) have told me some variation of, "kirinan, your writing is wonderful. Your titles, umm...let's just say they need some work." 

However, I do know a bad title when I see it. :)

• Love 4

Didn't care much for SnowComing. It wasn't awful, or anything, and i was fine with the lead couple, but as I've said during the holidays, I'm just all burned out on the "city girl goes back home for a holiday and end up organizing the local ball/high school dance with an ex she can't stand but still loves nonetheless" narrative. Granted, it (thankfully) went in a different direction after a while (the good old "city girl & ex team up to save local X or Y" trope), but sports/ex-football star/local coach adoration themes just leave me cold. So... meh.

Edited by Kaoteek
  • Love 2

I was so tired during Snowcoming that I kept dozing off and yet, from the little I saw, I could tell that I actually wouldn't mind it.  So I restarted from the beginning once my nap was over.  I like both of the leads and it was kind of nice to have real football people involved in the movie about a football star.  (And somehow I wasn't bothered by that and I usually am when the lead is supposed to be famous in some way.)

I was even to the point where I was actually forgiving the movie's title.

But I kind of couldn't stop rolling my eyes that the football player would give up playing football to be a high school football coach when there was still money to make.  And no, people aren't just handed over a library. 

• Love 1

Help! I fear I may be turning into a Hallmark Hausfrau and that I'm losing all objectivity and I will now unquestioningly accept anything the Hallmark channels put out. Why? Because out of the last three new HM/HMM movies I've watched (Winter Love Story, Snowcoming, Mystery 101), I've really liked them all — pretty much unquestioningly! OMG, I DON'T KNOW MYSELF ANYMORE!!!!! 

I just finished Mystery 101. Like the others it wasn't perfect, but it was a very enjoyable way to spend two hours. I'm sure there are some things I could nitpick, but to be honest, they didn't bother me enough to even recall what those nitpicks would be. Maybe had this been cast with someone other than Jill Wagner and Kristoffer Polaha I wouldn't be so content with it, but just like in Pearl in Paradise, I thought the two of them were dynamite together. I know chemistry is so subjective, but boy, did I feel it from them. I hope there are more of these movies!

I still haven't watched the Ruby Herring movie, so I can't compare the two. I'll be curious to see what you all think, especially those who did watch Ruby Herring. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find and watch The Sweeter Side of Life so I can de-program my inner Hallmark Hausfrau...

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 6

I fully enjoyed Mystery 101 and like kirinan said, the chemistry with Jill and Kristoffer is everything.  Also Jill/Amy never acts ditzy or less than the sharp professor she is.  That is an immediate cue for me to turn off a movie.  I also liked the college setting.  Where was the movie filmed?  I tried to look it up and couldn’t find the info.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4

I enjoyed Mystery 101.  I like both Jill Wagner and Kristoffer Polaha and I thought they played well off each other.  I didn't guess the whodunnit until super close to the end, but then I normally don't.  It was a pleasant ride.

I liked the junior detective too.  I didn't think it was necessary to set up her and the TA as potential love interests, but it's a Hallmark movie, so I guess everyone has to pair off.

I thought the bit where they were quizzing the various faculty members was kind of funny, especially with the poor theater professor having to admit he hadn't published anything.  I thought it did a nice job of showcasing the personalities of the various faculty members in a short period of time while still moving the plot forward.

• Love 4
On 1/21/2019 at 6:12 PM, catrice2 said:

Apprehensive to watch Ruby after reading these comments...just started and not surprised to see the same black woman who was in the Wedding Planner, Murder She Baked, the Jewel series, etc. within the first 10 minutes.  Is Canada really that lacking in minority actors who want to get paid? I think I could go up there and show up for a few scenes in their Hallmark movies just for some variety.   I am too lazy to look it up but I cannot remember off the top of my head which soap opera Shawn Christian was in....help?!   He looks good...knee jerk says One Life to Live or As the World Turns?? 

You know what's sad? I haven't even seen the movie but I can probably guess which actress you're talking about (I have two main ones in mind that they always use as bosses, sidekicks, friends, etc.)! The Hallmark CEO guy said something like this (it was hard because of the area and casting and...reasons) but he and others who said the same tend to forget that there are these wonderful new inventions called planes that can take people like anywhere in the world in hours. Le gasp! 

Seriously though, there are a ton of amazing black and other minority tv actresses I've been wanting to see as leads in Hallmark movies (some who have played sidekicks already) who have been ignored or sidelined. I was hoping there'd be a change come last christmas season when a lot of their vets moved onto other projects, but then they brought in new faces as the production seemed to dip. I really wish Lifetime would get back into the rom com game because they would be up for the task but I think their viewers like the killer suspense stuff more then the romancey ones. Since there seems to be a pool of production companies that churn this out for other channels than Hallmark, I hope one day one movie bites the bullet and starts showcasing more minority romantic leads (in interracial relationships, preferably heh). But we seem to be moving backward in entertainment than forward so I don't know. The demand is definitely there if they are up for the challenge. Netflix promised more family friendly flicks so I hope they deliver more soon.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, Irlandesa said:

I remember surprisingly enjoying that movie too.

Same here. That one tends to fly under my radar but I remember enjoying it.

But the real question to those who've seen Snowcoming (to think someone had to write that down, yell it on set, and take it all seriously) was Trevor Donovan shirtless at anytime? Haha, kidding. No seriously, was he?

I'll give oldschool Hallmark one thing. If Unleashing Mr. Darcy was made today, there would be no Ryan Paevey half naked pool scene, that's for sure.

Sounds like I need to check out Mystery 101. I need a rinser from the Hallmark rom coms and that may just be the thing. A bummer Ruby Herring seems to be a miss with everyone. I may give it a watch just to see where it missed the mark and how it could have been better. Very interesting that they are showing Mystery 101 on repeat throughout the week but no Ruby Herring showings.

More heads up for classic Hallmark viewing: 

Anything for Love comes on Monday which was a good one with Paul Greene and Erica Christensen if you like the mistaken identity theme. PG's character is really charismatic and funny in it.

Reminder for All of my Heart on Tuesday.

The Convenient Groom is on Wednesday which I thought was a cute one (though Vanessa Marcil's voice may be grating for some viewers). It's based on a novella from the same author as A December Bride.  Daniel Sutcliffe is my fave part of the movie. He's like my other Paul Campbell. Valentine Ever After is on later that night with Autumn Reeser (never gets old, that one) and after that is A Dash of Love which had a pretty nice storyline, cute characters, a comfy feeling, and Kandyse McClure who is one of my fave actresses (and needs to be a Hallmark lead like yesterday). I may have a triple feature that day.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MerBearHou said:

Where was the movie filmed?

According to this, it was filmed in Vancouver and a town called Squamish.

It's hard to say why Mystery 101 was so much better than Ruby Herring but it was.  It's probably because both leads were strong and have an established chemistry that wasn't overshadowed by her chemistry with her father.  It filmed its location/scenery better.  I think it was directed with more suspense and the writing and acting was pretty good.

I did suspect who it was and I hated that she revealed she knew who it was which, of course, put her in danger.  Don't do that people.

I did think that Claire, the female detective, was distractingly young.  The actress is 23 and looks young enough to play a teen. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Judging by other comments, I'm in the minority about Mystery 101, I didn't think it was good. I guessed who did it & why pretty early in the movie. I thought the female lead was kind of obnoxious, & didn't see much chemistry between the 2 leads. Here's hoping the Chronicle Mysteries is better.

I second Dash Of Love. Super cute movie and loved the chemistry. Anything for Love was also very good. I liked The Convenient Groom, but it would have been better if Vanessa wasn’t so botoxy and I couldn’t deal with her weird vocal fry. She was never like that in her previous movies (I still adore The Nanny Express). 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

I loved Mystery 101. I appreciated that for once the showdown at the end with the killer didn't start when the lead stupidly went to talk to the suspect alone; rather, he came to her right after she figured it out and it was pretty obvious to him that she knew. I think Jill Wagner and Kristoffer Polaha have great chemistry, and now I really want to rewatch Pearl in Paradise (which luckily is re-airing tomorrow).

I wasn't as down on Ruby Herring as others, and think it has potential to improve with subsequent entries. But Mystery 101 was definitely way better.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, beadgirl said:

I’m halfway through the Ruby Herring movie and it is terrible. The dialogue is stilted, the exposition is too heavy, the tertiary characters are silly, and it’s absurd how often the writers have a character praise Ruby to high heaven. Also, is it an original or based on a novel? Having one of the characters named “Bluth” was jarring. Although maybe that’s just me.

I’m disappointed; I love mysteries, and cozy, pretty mysteries are great for a weekend. But just because they are light and predictable doesn’t mean they can’t be well-made.

Thanks to you all, I’ve set my dvr to record A Winter Love Story (or whatever it’s called; do better with the naming, Hallmark!). I hope I enjoy it as much as you all did!

It wasn't great. Ruby was great at everything and everyone loved her and told her so. No heat between her and the hunk detective. 

The suspects were kind of chugging through their lines. Worse, Ruby was in her sister's wedding and skipped most of the events to shadow the dick

• Love 1
On 1/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, Dani said:

Cooking with Love is on next week. Late Friday or Early Saturday depending on your time zone. 

Pearl in Paradise is going to airing on Monday night if you haven’t had a chance to record it yet. 

Thank you!!! 

It was strange that in their "Valentine's Day & Adoption Ever After Preview Special" special this weekend, I did not see any mention of Lacey Chabert's  Love, Romance & Chocolate which is referred to on their website as a "Countdown to Valentine's Day bonus movie".  It premieres two days after Valentine's Day.   I also suspect that Valentine In The Vineyard had a late name change as there was an abrupt cut when Rachael Leigh Cook and Brandon Perry were talking about it on set, with the title only mentioned in voice-over after a cut away to a screen with the title.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, mikeb said:

It was strange that in their "Valentine's Day & Adoption Ever After Preview Special" special this weekend, I did not see any mention of Lacey Chabert's  Love, Romance & Chocolate which is referred to on their website as a "Countdown to Valentine's Day bonus movie".  It premieres two days after Valentine's Day.   I also suspect that Valentine In The Vineyard had a late name change as there was an abrupt cut when Rachael Leigh Cook and Brandon Perry were talking about it on set, with the title only mentioned in voice-over after a cut away to a screen with the title.

Valentine in The Vineyard was originally announced for last June as Wedding in the Vineyard. Hopefully the delay isn’t a bad sign. I liked the first movie but wasn’t impressed with the second. 

Mystery 101 is a keeper.  Jill Wagner and Kristoffer Polaha play off each other so well.   I pretty much liked everything about this show.  The supporting cast all seemed to fit together well, too.

Sadly, because I do like Taylor Cole, I think Ruby Herring should be a one and done.

On another note, I came into a 2017 film last night entitled Falling for Vermont.  About 15 minutes into the movie, I thought to myself, Self, this plot line is very familiar and then I realized that Hallmark gave a 2016 Christmas script entitled A Christmas to Remember a new title and new cast.  There were a couple of slight variations, the female lead was a writer, not a tv personality and there were 2 kids not 3, but Hallmark must think their viewers are a couple ants short of a picnic if TPTB thought no one would notice.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 4
On 1/20/2019 at 6:05 PM, TVFan17 said:

I don't know how or when the title/credit fonts are chosen (and you're right that some of them are definitely more generic than others!), but the interesting thing (to me) is that all of Hallmark's movies -- for any of their themed events -- are more or less handled the same way in almost every other regard, but you might not always know or hear that the non-Christmas movies are being renamed, or filmed just a short time before premiering.    Some are filmed just a month or two before they air, and some are filmed way in advance.    Some of them go through multiple title changes (Winter Castle has had a few different titles, and Winter Love Story was originally called Love on the Books), while others somehow manage to keep the same titles all the way from production to premiere.    Or Hallmark might not always announce the movies with their original titles, so when the titles are changed later on down the line, the viewers might not have any idea that anything is different.   Hallmark makes the mistake of announcing all of the Christmas movie titles in a big, splashy way -- and then they think nothing of changing the titles and schedules many times after those announcements, when what they should do is just not announce any Christmas titles at all until everything is finalized and not going to change.

Some of the movies even change themes before they are filmed -- or during production.   For example, a few years ago there was a movie announced as a Christmas installment (A Worthwhile Life), but it ended up getting re-themed and it turned into a Valentine movie (Love at First Glance).     The movie that eventually became A Royal Winter was originally supposed to be a Christmas movie starring Jaime Pressly, called A Prince for Christmas.   And the movie that eventually became Love, Once and Always was originally supposed to be a Christmas movie called Christmas Castle.   The upcoming February movie Valentine in the Vineyard was originally called Wedding in the Vineyard and was supposed to premiere last June, and it had nothing to do with Valentine's Day!  lol   As Wedding in the Vineyard was filming, there was no indication that it was going to become a Valentine movie at all, based on pictures posted on social media.   It was even listed on the Hallmark Channel website as Wedding in the Vineyard, with a premiere date.   All of a sudden, out of nowhere, Wedding in the Vineyard got a new Valentine title and new premiere date, and Love on the Books got moved to January and magically became Winter Love Story!

Some of Hallmark's regular writers have said before that a lot of things (like major script changes and rewrites) can happen at the last minute with all of the movies, even in the middle of shooting.   A movie might even be close to going into production, and then Hallmark suddenly decides to change the theme of the movie at the last minute, sending the writers scrambling to do rewrites, turning a planned Summer movie into a Valentine movie, or a planned Spring movie into a Fall Harvest movie.    They sometimes cast the actors in the movies at almost the last minute too.   

The more I hear and learn about how these Hallmark movies come together before and after they film and all of the craziness involved in the whole process, the more I am surprised that so many of them actually get made and don't get stalled.   To me, it all sounds very disorganized and chaotic, which would stress me out if I had to work in that kind of situation!

2 hours ago, mikeb said:

The title most definitely changed late in the game to Valentine in the Vineyard.  As I indicated in my earlier post (quoted above ^^), when the movie went into production late in 2018, there was no reference to Valentine's Day and it was being called Wedding in the Vineyard.  In fact, none of the photos or videos that came out of the shoot (posted on social media) had anything Valentine-ish in them at all,  whereas the new Lacey Chabert movie filmed in Belgium (Love, Romance and Chocolate -- formerly known as The Royal Chocolatier) had all kinds of hearts and Valentine-ish things in the photos and videos I saw.   (That's why I'm so surprised that Lacey's movie is airing after February 14th, when it so clearly has a Valentine-themed setting.)

When the Vineyard movie finally appeared with a specific February showtime/air date (a Thursday premiere) on the Hallmark Channel website, it was still being called Wedding in the Vineyard!   That's the odd thing -- they were still going with the "wedding" theme, with no mention of Valentine's Day, even after the movie had been filmed and was scheduled to air.

All of a sudden, both the premiere date and the title changed.   The date was moved to the first Saturday in February, and the title magically had a Valentine reference!!

In the clips from the movie that were included in the preview special that aired a couple of nights ago, there were a couple of Valentine things mentioned and shown.  So, then why/how wasn't it a Valentine movie when it was filmed?  lol   So strange.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Mystery 101. Much better. The tier three characters also buffed the main couple, but it felt more natural. The mystery in both Ruby and this was pretty good, a number of people could have done it.  I felt like the protagonist in 101 actually was a great Holmes type detective, but nice.

Ruby wasn't a bad character, but in addition to the stuff listed above in mine and other posts, she had more chemistry with the third tier character medical examiner than with detective handsome. Not an issue with the 101 couple

• Love 2

Story and screenplay co-written by Lee Goldberg, a pretty fair mystery author in his own right. He did quite a bit on series like Monk and Diagnosis: Murder. I spotted the killer within minutes of his/her appearance but the whole thing just seemed better constructed than most original (not based on a novel) made-for-tv mysteries. And the leads worked well together.

Edited by david gideon
clarity
  • Love 4

I liked Mystery 101 far more than the Ruby whatever mystery they aired last week. I like Jill Wagner and Christopher P. together and they were recently on the Deck the Hallmark podcast and had a great sense of humor about everything. I wanted to like the Ruby mystery because I like the main actress and I think the main actor is pretty nice looking :) but it just sort of fell flat for me. I think the mystery was better in the Ruby series as I wasn't sure until the end who the killer was where with Mystery 101 I had a guess pretty early and I ended up being right (but questioned myself throughout). There were times where I thought Jill's character made some pretty basic mistakes for being such a murder mystery buff especially when it came to the scene of her and the bad guy being in the woods at the end. I also didn't quite understand how the detective was able to track her down. I thought she turned off her phone so would the GPS tracking work? Overall I really liked this one. I wanted to get to bed early last night and kept saying I'd turn it off at the next commercial break but I never did. 

I think I watched Saturday's Hallmark offering but like most of them lately- I can not remember who was in it or what it was about. 

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Anything for Love comes on Monday which was a good one with Paul Greene and Erica Christensen if you like the mistaken identity theme. PG's character is really charismatic and funny in it.

Watching this right now. You know, I can NEVER watch Paul Greene without thinking how absolutely gorgeous and charismatic and appealing he is. And of course, in this movie I get the bonus pretty of Antonio Cupo. Even though he plays the "bad" guy in this movie, he's an eminently swoonable "bad" guy.

Plus I love the buddy chemistry between Erika Christensen and Ali Liebert in this; they're adorable. Okay, commercial over, back to fangirling over Paul and Antonio.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, kirinan said:

Watching this right now. You know, I can NEVER watch Paul Greene without thinking how absolutely gorgeous and charismatic and appealing he is. And of course, in this movie I get the bonus pretty of Antonio Cupo. Even though he plays the "bad" guy in this movie, he's an eminently swoonable "bad" guy.

Plus I love the buddy chemistry between Erika Christensen and Ali Liebert in this; they're adorable. Okay, commercial over, back to fangirling over Paul and Antonio.

Yes! Same here! I hope he has more movies coming out because I love seeing him on my screen for these reasons. I'm ashamed of myself that I almost forgot Antonio Cupo was in there but I liked that aspect too and Ali L's quips.

• Love 4

About Paul Greene....  Out of all of the Hallmark movies that  have already been filmed this year, or are filming now, or are filming soon, Paul's name has not popped up as being attached to any of them -- yet.   He definitely seems to be taking a break from doing them, or he is doing a really good job of hiding what he is doing if he is in any of them.

And still no Andrew Walker appearances for 2019 (yet) either.

However... obviously it is still very early in the year, and the Winter TCA party is coming up sometime within the next couple of weeks, so that will yield a lot of news and announcements, and random bits of info.  Maybe Paul (and Andrew!) will reveal some upcoming Hallmark projects at or after TCA.  

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

I look forward to seeing what Andrew Walker does next. From the DTH podcast, he said he and his wife run a cold press juice bar in LA, so that may be filling his time at the moment. He also mentioned he usually signs up to work with his buddy director Gary Yates so that may be a clue where he heads in the future. I was happy to see GY was the director of One Winter Proposal.

I guess Paul is busy with WCTH for the moment but I hope he does some movies soon. Or if he does another series like Bitten with the same clothing requirements as the pilot (hee hee) I'll tune in.

@TVFan17 Thanks for the updates on the name changes. I thought I spotted a few of the old ones and when Hallmark showed clips and stills from the new vineyard one I was totally confused by the name change and wondered if RLC was hiding a wedding dress under her huge coat. Now I know the answer. Ha. 

I also noticed the Wiki page ballooned with new developments. Apparently the Holiday For Heroes title stuck (at least for now) because it's officially announced/in development on the page. I guess everyone liked that title. I wonder if there will be two veteran movies next year? (Looks like the latter is a special according to the coffee house sign) I'm curious about Holiday Date and Picture Perfect (which looks like it just started filming).

PS It looks like Hallmark's publishing arm is opening up submissions for all during the month of Feb, so if anyone wanted to take a stab at writing a book for them, there's an open period.

Edited by MissyPoo
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

I look forward to seeing what Andrew Walker does next. From the DTH podcast, he said he and his wife run a cold press juice bar in LA, so that may be filling his time at the moment. He also mentioned he usually signs up to work with his buddy director Gary Yates so that may be a clue where he heads in the future. I was happy to see GY was the director of One Winter Proposal.

I guess Paul is busy with WCTH for the moment but I hope he does some movies soon. Or if he does another series like Bitten with the same clothing requirements as the pilot (hee hee) I'll tune in.

@TVFan17 Thanks for the updates on the name changes. I thought I spotted a few of the old ones and when Hallmark showed clips and stills from the new vineyard one I was totally confused by the name change and wondered if RLC was hiding a wedding dress under her huge coat. Now I know the answer. Ha. 

I also noticed the Wiki page ballooned with new developments. Apparently the Holiday For Heroes title stuck (at least for now) because it's officially announced/in development on the page. I guess everyone liked that title. I wonder if there will be two veteran movies next year? (Looks like the latter is a special according to the coffee house sign) I'm curious about Holiday Date and Picture Perfect (which looks like it just started filming).

PS It looks like Hallmark's publishing arm is opening up submissions for all during the month of Feb, so if anyone wanted to take a stab at writing a book for them, there's an open period.

I always laugh at that Wikipedia page, because sometimes the people who edit it add in some nonsense.    I have seen titles pop up that are not for Hallmark at all.   There are two titles that are there right now which have not been attached to Hallmark at all at this point, and one of them is most likely not going to end up as a Hallmark movie.  But I think that people just see titles and randomly guess/assume that they are for Hallmark and add them there when they have no proof of anything.    When I used to edit the page to put correct info there, they would reverse it and keep the incorrect info.  So at some point I gave up and stopped editing it because it was a joke.

I did make a correction to a totally different Wikipedia page a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't checked it again to see if they kept my corrections or not, but they had totally wrong info there, and the link they used as the reference didn't even back up/support their incorrect info.  It was as if they just added something and didn't care if it was right or not.   That's what happens when anyone can edit any page.

I know of a Hallmark movie filming now, and a movie that was already filmed this year, and a couple of other movies that are just about to start filming -- and none of them are listed on that Hallmark Wikipedia page.  I could add them, but I won't.  I'll let the Wikipedia contributors figure them out on their own, or wait until the TCA for news!  Hee hee.  Muahahahahaha!!!

The person on Twitter (whose tweet you linked) has once again posted incorrect info (not the first time that has happened).  The movie is not called "The Day."    One of the publications/websites that reported on that Christmas movie is called The Day, but that's not the name of the movie.   (I saw that tweet on Monday, but I knew about the movie going into production a few days before that.)   If you're going to tell people to come to a Tumblr page to keep up with all Christmas movies coming out this year, it's not a bad idea to get the details correct, or wait until the correct info is available before posting anything.   Thankfully, I don't need that page to find out what's being filmed and for which networks.  I can find it out on my own.  But other people might actually use that site, and there have been some incorrect things posted in the past (like saying that certain movies are for certain networks when they are not) that could confuse people as the page gains followers.

Andrew Walker's juice place is close to where I live, but I have never gone in there to check it out!

Edited by TVFan17
On 1/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, LegalParrot81 said:

On another note, I came into a 2017 film last night entitled Falling for Vermont.  About 15 minutes into the movie, I thought to myself, Self, this plot line is very familiar and then I realized that Hallmark gave a 2016 Christmas script entitled A Christmas to Remember a new title and new cast.  There were a couple of slight variations, the female lead was a writer, not a tv personality and there were 2 kids not 3, but Hallmark must think their viewers are a couple ants short of a picnic if TPTB thought no one would notice.

I was watching something on the DVR the other night and the TV channel was set to Hallmark, so I caught a minute or two of that movie and immediately thought of A Christmas to Remember.  I recorded Falling for Vermont out of curiosity, but haven't watched it yet... and I suppose I don't need to since I already saw it with the other cast and title.   I may watch it just to see how similar it is.  Was there a pancake scene in A Christmas to Remember?  That's the bit that I caught the other night in this remake and it seemed super familiar.

14 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I always laugh at that Wikipedia page, because sometimes the people who edit it add in some nonsense.    I have seen titles pop up that are not for Hallmark at all.   There are two titles that are there right now which have not been attached to Hallmark at all at this point, and one of them is most likely not going to end up as a Hallmark movie.  But I think that people just see titles and randomly guess/assume that they are for Hallmark and add them there when they have no proof of anything.    When I used to edit the page to put correct info there, they would reverse it and keep the incorrect info.  So at some point I gave up and stopped editing it because it was a joke.

I did make a correction to a totally different Wikipedia page a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't checked it again to see if they kept my corrections or not, but they had totally wrong info there, and the link they used as the reference didn't even back up/support their incorrect info.  It was as if they just added something and didn't care if it was right or not.   That's what happens when anyone can edit any page.

I know of a Hallmark movie filming now, and a movie that was already filmed this year, and a couple of other movies that are just about to start filming -- and none of them are listed on that Hallmark Wikipedia page.  I could add them, but I won't.  I'll let the Wikipedia contributors figure them out on their own, or wait until the TCA for news!  Hee hee.  Muahahahahaha!!!

The person on Twitter (whose tweet you linked) has once again posted incorrect info (not the first time that has happened).  The movie is not called "The Day."    One of the publications/websites that reported on that Christmas movie is called The Day, but that's not the name of the movie.   (I saw that tweet on Monday, but I knew about the movie going into production a few days before that.)   If you're going to tell people to come to a Tumblr page to keep up with all Christmas movies coming out this year, it's not a bad idea to get the details correct, or wait until the correct info is available before posting anything.   Thankfully, I don't need that page to find out what's being filmed and for which networks.  I can find it out on my own.  But other people might actually use that site, and there have been some incorrect things posted in the past (like saying that certain movies are for certain networks when they are not) that could confuse people as the page gains followers.

Andrew Walker's juice place is close to where I live, but I have never gone in there to check it out!

Bummer. Ah well, I'm thankful I stumbled upon it though. The Canada filming page they linked to had some nice info including one for Lifetime movie I didn't know was in the works but now I'm super looking forward to. Normally, I just wait to see what previews, poster, and clips pop up for new movies just around the corner. Less of a headache that way and it's already set in stone, so to speak.

4 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

I was watching something on the DVR the other night and the TV channel was set to Hallmark, so I caught a minute or two of that movie and immediately thought of A Christmas to Remember.  I recorded Falling for Vermont out of curiosity, but haven't watched it yet... and I suppose I don't need to since I already saw it with the other cast and title.   I may watch it just to see how similar it is.  Was there a pancake scene in A Christmas to Remember?  That's the bit that I caught the other night in this remake and it seemed super familiar.

Yeah, I remember thinking the same when 'Vermont' came out. Been there, done that Hallmark. But surprisingly I ended up really liking Falling For Vermont much more than A Christmas to Remember (which I saw, like once or twice). The characters and setting were much more charming in the former and I tend to like Julie Gonzalo's Hallmark stuff (though The Sweetest Heart is a little iffy. More so for the story and lead guy than anything.) 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

Yeah, I remember thinking the same when 'Vermont' came out. Been there, done that Hallmark. But surprisingly I ended up really liking Falling For Vermont much more than A Christmas to Remember (which I saw, like once or twice). The characters and setting were much more charming in the former and I tend to like Julie Gonzalo's Hallmark stuff (though The Sweetest Heart is a little iffy. More so for the story and lead guy than anything.) 

I just watched Falling for Vermont and, like you MissyPoo, ended up really liking it, in spite of its similarities to A Christmas to Remember.  I loved the setting... and I'm finding that movies set in non-snowy seasons are very appealing during a cold and sometimes snowy winter.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 2

Finally got around to finishing “A Perfect Bride: Happily Ever After.” Meh. First I was annoyed that their whole relationship seemed to be about joking around. Actress basically giggled through the entire movie. Secondly, terrible idea to work with the ex. How long had it been since the incident? And the photographer didn’t have enough cohones to tell her it was a bad idea. Thirdly, the bad advice of the friends who convinced the couple that everything needed to be perfect. And then in the end, they were all surprised at the post-poning. Thanks for nothing sister. Also, did he take the 20k job? He should have. I’m glad they still went through with it BUT OF COURSE everything magically wrapped up perfectly in the last 15 minutes. Also, didn’t seem like they were that stressed out about things.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, Dani said:

Valentine in The Vineyard was originally announced for last June as Wedding in the Vineyard. Hopefully the delay isn’t a bad sign. I liked the first movie but wasn’t impressed with the second. 

Can someone fill me in on how the leads started out in Autumn in the Vineyard, why did they have joint ownership in the vineyard?

23 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Can someone fill me in on how the leads started out in Autumn in the Vineyard, why did they have joint ownership in the vineyard?

The owners were recently divorced and each believed they got it in the divorce. The wife sold it to Frankie and the husband sold it to Nate. Frankie and Nate decided to split the vineyard in half until a legal decision could be made. 

1 minute ago, Dani said:

The owners were recently divorced and each believed they got it in the divorce. The wife sold it to Frankie and the husband sold it to Nate. Frankie and Nate decided to split the vineyard in half until a legal decision could be made. 

Thank you!

I watched Snowcoming last night and was a little surprised that one scene made it into a Hallmark movie.  The lead characters were hiding out in gym's supply closet and he started reminiscing about how often they snuck into it when they were a couple in high school.  She acted embarrassed and said 'I don't want to talk about that'.

21 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Double Wedding was on Lifetime, not Hallmark. My mistake. Am I the only one who could always tell Tia and Tamera apart?  Have either of them been in a Hallmark movie? 

Tia was in one Hallmark movie and one Lifetime movie this past Christmas.

Edited by VMepicgrl
typo
2 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Double Wedding was on Lifetime, not Hallmark. My mistake. Am I the only one who could always tell Tia and Tamera apart?  Have either of them been in a Hallmark movie? 

No it’s pretty easy since Tamera has the mole and Tia does not 

22 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Double Wedding!  I couldn't believe I saw it on and someone just mentioned it.   

3 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Double Wedding was on Lifetime, not Hallmark. My mistake.

Too funny.  I didn't know you were referring to Double Wedding the movie when you mentioned it.  I thought you were talking about Valentine In The Vineyard where there was a double wedding.  Speaking of Valentine In The Vineyard, if Autumn In The Vineyard was the two of them getting together and Valentine In The Vineyard was the two of them getting engaged and getting married, then what the hell happened (or was the need) for Summer In The Vineyard?

I did think this one was marginally better than the last movie but their supreme morose reaction to such small things made me think they'd end up divorced in five years.

• Love 1

I just watched Ruby Herring, and I was surprised that I enjoyed it. Not as much as Mystery 101, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. That’s about all I have to say about it, but I’d probably watch another one.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1

I was so bored by Valentine in the Vineyard.  I can't warm up to Rachael Leigh Cook (Frankie).  I didn't really sense any chemistry between Brendan Penny and her.

Edited by Koalagirl
Misspelled actor's name.
  • Love 2

I am a big fan of the Hallmark Mysteries, and am still bummed that they aren't available on-demand from the Hallmark website [sigh].  So how on earth are we supposed to watch the ones from the past 5 years or so?  I have scoured You Tube and found all the ones I could (Teagarden, Garage Sale, etc.), and have found a few of them on Amazon.  But there's still quite a few I haven't seen.  Also, how are we supposed to find the re-broadcasts of the newer ones I've seen mentioned here (Ruby Herring, Mystery 101)?  Looking at the Hallmark Channel daily schedule, for every day, on the off chance that one of them will be shown, isn't working.

16 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am a big fan of the Hallmark Mysteries, and am still bummed that they aren't available on-demand from the Hallmark website [sigh].  So how on earth are we supposed to watch the ones from the past 5 years or so?  I have scoured You Tube and found all the ones I could (Teagarden, Garage Sale, etc.), and have found a few of them on Amazon.  But there's still quite a few I haven't seen.  Also, how are we supposed to find the re-broadcasts of the newer ones I've seen mentioned here (Ruby Herring, Mystery 101)?  Looking at the Hallmark Channel daily schedule, for every day, on the off chance that one of them will be shown, isn't working.

FWIW, Ruby Herring is being shown on HMM 2/12 at 9:00 pm eastern and Mystery 101 is on 2/14 9:00 pm eastern.