Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So, I got around to watching Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane (mostly because I love Colin Ferguson), and let me get this straight... the mom's first fiancee mystery is essentially another Hallmark movie? She had a chance to leave "Perfect-Small-Town" but chose to stay?

And one of the siblings actually says the line, "Remember the moral of mom and dad's love story... be brave" which are words I'm sure no child has ever uttered about their parents, and also, What?!?

It's brave to never leave the town you grew up in? I... Just... I know Hallmark has a brand-- it just seems (as many have pointed out) they're really just Mad-libbing it at this point-- basic structure-- fill in a few nouns and adjectives and throw it on the air.

(and don't get me started on the sub-plot involving the girl who switched her major from fine arts to *gasp* pre-med! The horror! That is literally a sketch from Monty Python... Are you goin' to go off with all yer coal-minin' friends)

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

I am watching My Christmas Love, which is really pretty ridiculous - girl is getting the twelve days of Christmas gifts from an anonymous “true love” and chases every guy in town rather than realizing she loves her best friend.  

Gregory Harrison is making the movie as her dad, though.  When the hero gives advice to a prospective boyfriend rather than making his own move, he says, “You’re just all day dumb, aren’t you?”  Best line ever!

I adore Gregory Harrison in this movie so much, he's just wonderful all around, able to be both serious and funny.  The movie's a bit goofy (they perform the 12 days twice!  What happens to all those animals?  And don't any of those performers want to be home for their own Christmases?!).  But I found it so charming that it sits as one of my favorites.  Also, I love that we get the sister's wedding at the end and everybody dancing.  We don't often get a true ending, usually it's kiss, end credits.  Oh and I kind of hate the name because I can never remember it. 

As to this year's crop, I am so incredibly behind it's not even funny.  Sis and I went through a bunch saved up on the DVR this weekend and yet they are multiplying like tribbles and we still have a bunch to go through, so these thoughts are kind of all over the place (and I'm terrible at remembering titles).

The one with Daniel Lissing and Brooke D'orsay we made it about 30 minutes then fast-forwarded to the end.  Just not feeling it, but wanted to know how they wrapped it up.  Her character started off well enough but was such a pill to Daniel when she was the one who was supposed to be training him.  Terrible HR person, plus, they get him all decked out for the dough room with a white coat and hat and she can't be bothered to put up her hair.  Stuff like that just bugged.   Also, her wreaths were kind of terrible.  There was more, but I can't even remember the rest of our complaints. 

Reunited at Christmas I didn't mind, although I didn't love it .  I did make it to the end, so progress.  It was ok, if nothing groundbreaking.  The cast was fine, although I agree there wasn't a lot of romantic tension between the leads.  Interesting choice to have the lead couple be established, I feel like we don't get that enough.

Christmas at the Palace, despite it's many problems, I actually enjoyed.  I think it was mostly down to the cast and the location.  Not sure what the real location is they used for the outside shots of the castle - but that was spectacular.  Of course, the inside seemed much smaller (reverse TARDIS, heh).  I totally agree both skaters bailing on the show was terrible writing, but, hey, seems like New Jersey was just a hop, skip and a jump away anyway.  And they get live coverage of some tiny country's Christmas skating gala via cable in NJ, too!  No really, the writing on this was kind of terrible, the king (King!) just kind of wanders around all the time, the staff seems comprised of a handful of people, etc.  But the princess was adorable and I liked the king, and the small circle of characters.  I even gave the overabundance of Christmas decorations (a pet peeve) a pass simply because the country's whole thing is being founded on Christmas.  So I have no trouble believing the staff just rolls out Christmas decorations every year as a matter of course, whether or not their monarch is a Grinch. 

Pride, Prejudice and Mistletoe was pushing my buttons hard, but I made it through to the end.  One thing in the plus column was that Lacey was not the creative one, for a change.  I actually really liked her in this, I thought she did the business side rather well.  The lead guy was fine (Brendan?) but I didn't think they had anything terribly special between them.  One thing that super bugged was the overstuffed decorating.  Holy cow! There was barely a surface in this movie that didn't have something Christmas-y on it.  Also, why was the chef in a suit at the party instead of, say, in the kitchen?  At an event they are already short-staffed for, it really should have been all hands on deck.  There's only so much you can prep in advance.  I realize he's want to socialize at some point, but Lacey's character hadn't even come down yet so the party couldn't have been in full swing.  That was just silly (I know, the answer is plot).  I did like the resolution of her leaving her firm and her having ideas about joining her father's practice.  It seemed much less "trades big bad city for small town life" than usual.

And I think that's it for the Hallmark ones we actually watched (we had much better luck with Lifetime).  Ryan Paevey's was deleted during the opening scene when my sister and I turned to each other to mention how annoying the lead actress's voice was and mutually decided to pass.  There was one more deleted without even starting it, based on lack of actors we knew, generic description and, probably, movie fatigue at that point.  One of those two was I think something about a florist...

Oh, we did re-watch Trading Christmas and there is so much kissing in that movie it make it look like HBO compared to the limited kissing rule Hallmark has going these days.  Such a charming movie. 

• Love 5

I made my husband watch Trading Christmas with me, and he told me I probably should have started with a worse movie because he felt the bar is now set too high for him to enjoy some of the others. That one is probably my favorite of all these movies. 

I did catch Hope at (for?) Christmas this morning, and actually really liked Ryan Paevey in it. The kid wasn't annoying and the plot was nice enough. Loved the book tree! I didn't think the couple had great chemistry though so that kind of took me out of it a bit. 

I'm watching A Song for Christmas now, which for some reason I really like. I can't explain it!

• Love 2

I enjoyed Godwink Christmas, but it definitely wasn't the best plotted movie ever.  Mostly I enjoyed it because I was happy to see Kimberly Sustad as a lead again (Nine Lives of Christmas is a must-watch for me).  Maybe my expectations were too high.

I think the biggest miracle of this holiday season has been that Kathie Lee was in this movie and she didn't massively annoy me.

Also, I think I am in Hallmark overload mode.  I tend to have either Hallmark or HMM on as background, and the cumulative effect of the movies is a bit weird.  When we were little kids, my mom used to make fun of my aunt, who refused to read her kids The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton because it was anti-urban.  However, watching Hallmark movie after Hallmark movie tell my city-dwelling self how awesome small towns are and how you can't do proper Christmas in the big city, I can see my aunt's point.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

I made my husband watch Trading Christmas with me, and he told me I probably should have started with a worse movie because he felt the bar is now set too high for him to enjoy some of the others. That one is probably my favorite of all these movies. 

Trading Christmas is permanently on my DVR along with A Christmas Kiss - they both have a great cast, great writing, and great directing.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Interesting.   They don't have Love At the Thansgiving Day Parade....and I'm betting it's because it's Thanksgiving...even tho it's very Christmassy.   (Their formula suggests it would have made it.)

And A Gift Wrapped Christmas was Lifetime not Hallmark.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

I got up to Crown for Christmas at 12.  Are they posting in two parts?  A couple of my faves are much lower ranked than I would have thought but some of them are old enough (Borrowed Hearts!) that I'm not sure they're on the radar like some of the newer ones.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, JenMD said:

I got up to Crown for Christmas at 12.  Are they posting in two parts?  A couple of my faves are much lower ranked than I would have thought but some of them are old enough (Borrowed Hearts!) that I'm not sure they're on the radar like some of the newer ones.

Number one is A Season For Miracles from 1999.

https://www.newsweek.com/ranked-best-hallmark-christmas-movies-1233571?page=6

• Love 3

Yay, that's my absolute favorite!  Thanks, @Silver Raven, not sure why the rest wouldn't come up for me.  I finally realized I can just change the URL.  A Dog Named Christmas at 11, Crown for Christmas at 12, very nice. :-)  No Naughty or Nice, though, that's probably my only favorite not on the list.

• Love 3

I found myself trying to apply logic to a Hallmark movie. I was watching "Let It Snow" with Candice Cameron Bure . So, you have just fallen in love with the guy and the place (Idaho, I think) but you are also going to take over running your father's business which is in Phoenix. How's that going to work. Also, that woman did all of the cooking, serving and cleaning for all of those guests without any staff?? I know, don't try to be logical, it will just make you crazy!

• Love 5

That list is half movies I've never heard of! Also seems strange that they made more than 1 movie about a kid with cancer. That doesn't scream heartwarming Christmas film, but I do tend to like my Christmas movies light and fluffy. If I'm likely to cry, I don't want to watch it at Christmas (which is why I avoid the veteran movies). 

What's everyone's top 10 Hallmark Christmas movies? 

2 hours ago, geekgirl921 said:

I found myself trying to apply logic to a Hallmark movie. I was watching "Let It Snow" with Candice Cameron Bure . So, you have just fallen in love with the guy and the place (Idaho, I think) but you are also going to take over running your father's business which is in Phoenix. How's that going to work. Also, that woman did all of the cooking, serving and cleaning for all of those guests without any staff?? I know, don't try to be logical, it will just make you crazy!

This bothered me about Switched for Christmas too! So the single mom enmeshed in small town life is going to date the big city guy who works with her career oriented sister. And the career driven sister is going to date the small town single dad. It seemed like they lived within a reasonable driving distance, but still seems like long term someone is going to have to make a drastic life change!!

• Love 5

Awesome list! Most of those movies I’ve watched a few times since they are so good. I’m also including the following because of rewatches:

On the 12th Day of Christmas

Let It Snow

Ice Sculpture Christmas

Best Christmas Party Ever

I'm bummed that David Alpay hasn’t been in a movie this season. He’s usually pretty good in all the Hallmark movies I’ve seen him in.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

@anniebird I bought the DVD of it! I'm not familiar with Christmas Kiss. Is that Hallmark or Lifetime? I'll try to track it down to watch. 

9 hours ago, anniebird said:

I'm not sure - I think it's available on Netflix. I have not heard anyone else saying this is their favorite so it might be just me.

You're not the only one, Anniebird, I love A Christmas Kiss. I need to add it to my watch list for this year. It was an ION movie, I believe. At least that's where I saw it many years ago. It's available on DVD in a 4 pack disc set with Annie Clause is Coming to Town, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, and Holiday Engagement for around 10 bucks.

13 hours ago, JenMD said:

Oh, we did re-watch Trading Christmas and there is so much kissing in that movie it make it look like HBO compared to the limited kissing rule Hallmark has going these days.  Such a charming movie. 

Haha so true. That with the 'mature themes' the near curse words and adults acting like adults is a stark contrast to today's Hallmarklandia. Such a good movie.

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Newsweek ranks the top 50 Hallmark movies.

https://www.newsweek.com/ranked-best-hallmark-christmas-movies-1233571?

Whoops.  I meant Hallmark Christmas movies.

Oh dang, I'm rather surprised some of my faves were on there. They listed a lot I usually pass up, but I was glad to see some faves got a shout out (especially the second Mrs. Miracle movie as opposed to the first). Though I'm bafffled why The Color of Rain was on there because it's not really a christmas movie.

5 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

For me (it's tough to pick a top ten haha):

A Bride For Christmas

Trading Christmas

The Christmas Secret

Just in Time For Christmas

Magical Christmas Ornaments

The Perfect Christmas Present

A Season For Miracles

Crown For Christmas

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

A Bramble House Christmas

Call Me Mrs. Miracle

A Very Merry Mix-Up

Fir Crazy

The Nutcracker Christmas

Window Wonderland

Snow Bride

Naughty or Nice

(Honorable Mentions include: The Christmas Card, A Princess for Christmas, Holiday Engagement, The Good Witch's Gift, Christmas Under Wraps, A Royal Christmas, Hitched For the Holidays, Best Christmas Party Ever, Dashing Through the Snow, Ms. Scrooge, Ice Sculpture Christmas, Hats Off to Christmas)

I also love The Christmas Choir which is about an accountant who gets involved with a shelter for homeless men and how he helps them become a choir that starts in the subway and ends up performing nationally. I think it was based on a true story, too. It's an awesome film about fathers and sons, forgiveness, family and all the things in a usual Hallmark Christmas movie without a romance as a center. Which kind of explains why they buried it from the channel, but I don't get why they haven't moved it to the app. Definitely check this one out if you come across it. I spotted it on the tubes recently.

23 minutes ago, twoods said:

I'm bummed that David Alpay hasn’t been in a movie this season. He’s usually pretty good in all the Hallmark movies I’ve seen him in.

That's true! I've enjoyed all the movies he's been in. I also miss Julie Benz and Autumn Reeser this year. They usually have some good movies, too.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, llewis823 said:

The Candace Cameron Bure movie about the shoes - it was okay - but do you notice how ever since the TV show "This is Us" became so popular, EVERY show has to have time-hopping now. This movie had a lot of it too and that is not the usual Hallmark Christmas movie formula. I've also noticed it in the Netflix show "The Haunting of Hill House" - that one has a lot of it too. I like the aspect but it can get confusing when used too much.

Time hopping and showing potential futures for a character was a story tool long before "This is Us" (blech - not a fan of that sap-fest).  I'm thinking, "A Christmas Carol" for starters.  I really liked A Shoe Addict's Christmas.  As you mentioned, it was a bit different from Hallmark's usual formula, and the budget looked like it was pretty sizeable in this one.  It was quite pretty.

• Love 2

I had to think about mine before I could answer my own question. In no particular order, they are:

Trading Christmas 

Nine Lives of Christmas 

Snow Bride 

Bramble House Christmas

Road to Christmas 

Magical Christmas Ornaments

Bride for Christmas

A Song for Christmas 

Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade

Crown for Christmas 

Honorable mentions go to:

12 Gifts of Christmas

My Christmas Love

Let it Snow

December Bride

• Love 3

Somewhat happily surprised by Shoe Addict's Christmas, despite having long-standing reservations re: CCB.

A bigger budget, a lighter tone, an enthusiastic and likeable cast (if one of these days, Hallmark decides to give Vanessa Matsui a more prominent part, I wouldn't be against it), and although it wasn't necessarily the most original concept (or necessarily anything must-see), it was dynamic & light-hearted enough to work.

• Love 1

I added a couple extra, just because:

A Season for Miracles
Naughty or Nice
A Dog Named Christmas
Crown for Christmas
Trading Christmas
Snow Bride
A Bride for Christmas
My Christmas Love
Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Borrowed Hearts
A Royal Christmas
Christmas Ornament

I admit I'm not the biggest CCB fan, but the commercials for Shoe Addict's Christmas have me intrigued and the mixed reactions here moreso.  Not sure when we'll get to it, but it's definitely on the list to watch.

• Love 3

Lol those are amazing! I have a few:

Lacey Chalbert’s creepy ass smile (can insert Cameron Bure’s name)

Small towns rule, cities suck.

Career women ditch their jobs

Look at the springy snow!

• Love 7

It sounds like Lori Loughlin actually watches some of the movies she is not in.  She tweeted last week that she was watching The Christmas Secret on HMM and complimented both the movie and the performances of Bethany Joy Lenz and John Reardon.  https://twitter.com/LoriLoughlin/status/1064390169816588288

By contrast, Alicia Witt tweeted the morning that her new movie aired that she still needed to check to make sure that her cable package included HMM, so that she would able to live tweet it that night.  I suspect most of the stars are more like Alicia than Lori.

• Love 4

A friend was in three Hallmarks as a supporting actress. Two of them were Christmas movies. Side note: she says Dean Cain is an awesome person. Nice to everyone from the costars to the commissary helper

Not only do we watch her stuff multiple times a season together, we sometimes pretend her character is the good woman and the lead is the bad woman

• Love 13

Just now getting around to watching Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane, and so far the most enjoyable moments were recognizing the Waltons connection. Book written by Mary McDonough (Erin), who also played the mom, and Kami Cotler (Elizabeth) as a townsperson.

• Love 2

My favorites are:

Nine Lives of Christmas

Crown for Christmas

Princess for Christmas

Very Merry Mix-up

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas Roadtrip

Dashing through the Snow

Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade

Miss Christmas

and I will cheat by finishing off with Snowed Inn Christmas from lifetime.

I just finished Hope for Christmas (another terrible title). I really enjoyed it; I thought the love interest was pretty charming and the town well developed. And it didn’t feel cheap like some of them do. No subpar fiancé lurking in the city. And the city didn’t seem to be vilified exactly. And the leads spent a lot of time together, which is one of the things that can make or break these movies for me. I think I’ll watch it again in future years. 

• Love 4

Good idea :)

Here is my list of Hallmark Christmas tv movies.

Love at the Thanksgiving Parade (2012??)

Mrs Miracle (2009)

Trading Christmas (2011)

Most Wonderful Time of the Year (2008)

Journey Back to Christmas (2016)

Our First Christmas (2009)

Naughty or Nice? (2012)

A Season for Miracles (Hall of Fame - 1999)

Silver Bells (Hall of Fame - 2005)

Christmas in Conway (Hall of Fame- 2013)

• Love 3

Some of my favorites, no particular ranking:

A Season for Miracles (still peeved it's been relegated to the app)

Naughty or Nice?

Nine Lives of Christmas

Christmas with Holly

Ice Sculpture Christmas

Hearts of Christmas

Hitched for the Holidays

• Love 3

I read an article in local paper yesterday about Hallmark Christmas movies, where Michelle Vicary, one of the channel's executives, said inside the company they refer to Candice Cameron Bure, Lacey Chabert, Danica McKellar, and Lori Loughlin as their Christmas Queens because their movies are always among the highest rated.  She mentioned Candice's streak of having the highest rated movie each year and Candice was quoted as saying she is competitive in trying to keep the streak alive and it is a factor in selecting new movie each year while also trying to pick something different than she has done in the past.  Lori was quoted as saying she helped develop the new one she is starring this year, but Hallmark kept pulling her back when she tried to deviate too much from their formula - she didn't sound upset about it, more just accepting that Hallmark knows what works for them.

Speaking of Candace, I have noticed they are playing Journey Back To Christmas on HMM this year even though it was shown on Hallmark Channel when it first premiered in 2016.

Edited to Add:  just checked wikipedia website and it looks like Candice's streak is broken this year.  A Shoe Addict's Christmas had 4.24 million viewers which is in second place so far behind Kellie Pickler's Christmas At Graceland at 4.66 million.  As far as Hallmark Hall Of Fame Christmas Everlasting, it had middle-of-the pack 3.53 milllion viewers, despite competition from HMM's Christmas On Honeysuckle Lane which had 1.86 million viewers, which is second behind A Godwink Christmas  for HMM movies.

Edited by mikeb
New ratings info
  • Love 6

Changing topic from Christmas movies, same wikipedia page now shows there are 3 new HMM Morning Show Mystery movies in the pipeline - source is Holly Robinson Peete tweet which says 2 new ones have already been filmed and third is starting in January.  I was not impressed at all by the two that have aired so far.

• Love 3
On 11/27/2018 at 7:43 PM, Jenniferbug said:

Here are mine in order.  Keep in mind that my movies aren't necessarily listed because they're masterpieces; they're my comfort movies that I can watch over and over and over. (Plus Colin Ferguson, Antonio Cupo, Paul Greene, Andrew Walker, Victor Webster.) (Plus Autumn Reeser and Bridget Regan, who are my girlcrushes.)

1. Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade (hey, it has Santa in it!)
  2. Magic Stocking
  3. Christmas in Angel Falls
  4. Every Christmas Has a Story
  5. A Bramble House Christmas
  6. Hats Off to Christmas
  7. A Christmas Detour
  8. Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane
  9. It's Christmas, Eve
  10. Christmas Homecoming

Other ones I love and just can't leave off my list, so we'll say they're all tied for 10th place: A Crown for Christmas, A Bride for Christmas, A Dream of Christmas, Journey Back to Christmas, Christmas Under Wraps, A Gift to Remember.

• Love 5

Fir Christmas - why do I love you?  But I do!  Home today and just curling up to watch this one yet again.  My only issue is how quickly the villain is redeemed after they've spent the whole movie painting him as the Evil One.  But even with that I love this movie.

• Love 2
On 11/28/2018 at 4:41 PM, mikeb said:

It sounds like Lori Loughlin actually watches some of the movies she is not in.  She tweeted last week that she was watching The Christmas Secret on HMM and complimented both the movie and the performances of Bethany Joy Lenz and John Reardon.  https://twitter.com/LoriLoughlin/status/1064390169816588288

By contrast, Alicia Witt tweeted the morning that her new movie aired that she still needed to check to make sure that her cable package included HMM, so that she would able to live tweet it that night.  I suspect most of the stars are more like Alicia than Lori.

I just read an article where they were talking to one of the main writers of the Hallmark Christmas movies and they were saying that they have become a phenomenon with average viewers of 6 million. She said that Lori and Lacey were her two favorites to work with and that she was really close friends with Danica and Rachel Boston. I guess that explains why they are in so many movies. She also indicated that she and Danica sold a movie to Hallmark for Christmas for next year, so I don't know if that means that Danica also helps write. she said she has never  worked with Cameron but that she watched her movie and would like to work with her. She  had a whole list of people that she wanted to work with her but I noticed not one of them were a minority ha ha but this is Hallmark! I also saw that they are going to start having Hannukah movies on Hallmark next year.

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 4

Here's the article on the planned Hannukah-related movies for the 2019 season...

Via Forbes: Hallmark, Famous For Christmas Movies, Plans Two Hanukkah Features

The Hallmark Network, whose lineup of Christmas-themed romantic comedies is as much a part of the holiday season as cold temperatures, ugly sweaters and fruit cakes, has two movies with Hanukkah themes under development that it plans to air next year.

Officials at Crown Media, the parent of Hallmark and its sister network Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, said the movies are in their early stages. The script of one called “Holiday Date” is being written. According to a company spokeswoman, It will have “Hannukah elements … which is a lot of fun as Hanukkah and Christmas overlap in 2019.” Additional details on the other holiday movie weren't available.

Edited by Just Here
auto-formatting woes
  • Love 4

Okay, I have to add another movie to my top list--and I'm not even done watching it! I couldn't sleep, so I got up at 5:30 this morning. At 6 a.m. I started watching The Nine Lives of Christmas, which I've never seen, and am watching it now. OMG, I adore this movie!

I have a previous affinity for Brandon Routh (personally, I liked his Superman, and Ray's my favorite character on DC's Legends of Tomorrow now that Snart's gone), and I find that I really, really like Kimberly Sustad. I've never seen her in anything, but I know you all have mentioned how much you like her. Well-deserved; she's wonderful in this. She can do the kooky and funny without making me want to throw something at the TV because she's klutzy or dumb. Their chemistry is off the charts, and I kinda think this is going to rocket up into my top three.

Back to watch the last half-hour, which I have no doubt I will also love. (P.S. The guys at the firehouse are the best.)

ETA: I'm so happy about the Hanukkah movies last year! As the kid of a mixed marriage (Mom's side Jewish, Dad's side Lutheran), we grew up celebrating both Hanukkah and Christmas. So it's nice to see this acknowledgment. I'm hopeful this is the first step toward including Kwanzaa, and any other celebration I might not be remember that happens this time of year.

ETA2: It could just be because I couldn't sleep so I'm tired, but I am bawling my eyes out at the end of the movie. Yes, it's official, top three for sure. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 6

Okay I don't know how to do a poll but just wondering how many of you have that Hallmark Christmas merchandise? I don't even watch the movies but I thought the items were so cute. The socks the t-shirts Etc , the do not disturb I'm watching the hall-mark movies and other little things indicating that people don't want to be interrupted from their beloved Hallmark Christmas movies and that they are proud viewers!

I don't watch the Christmas movies but when I saw them all I could think of is all of you posters who are so passionate about the movies. If I could I'd buy you all the t-shirts! Have a wonderful Christmas season, but I'll be waiting for the Mysteries to come back haha

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kirinan said:

Okay, I have to add another movie to my top list--and I'm not even done watching it! I couldn't sleep, so I got up at 5:30 this morning. At 6 a.m. I started watching The Nine Lives of Christmas, which I've never seen, and am watching it now. OMG, I adore this movie!

I have a previous affinity for Brandon Routh (personally, I liked his Superman, and Ray's my favorite character on DC's Legends of Tomorrow now that Snart's gone), and I find that I really, really like Kimberly Sustad. I've never seen her in anything, but I know you all have mentioned how much you like her. Well-deserved; she's wonderful in this. She can do the kooky and funny without making me want to throw something at the TV because she's klutzy or dumb. Their chemistry is off the charts, and I kinda think this is going to rocket up into my top three.

Back to watch the last half-hour, which I have no doubt I will also love. (P.S. The guys at the firehouse are the best.)

ETA: I'm so happy about the Hanukkah movies last year! As the kid of a mixed marriage (Mom's side Jewish, Dad's side Lutheran), we grew up celebrating both Hanukkah and Christmas. So it's nice to see this acknowledgment. I'm hopeful this is the first step toward including Kwanzaa, and any other celebration I might not be remember that happens this time of year.

ETA2: It could just be because I couldn't sleep so I'm tired, but I am bawling my eyes out at the end of the movie. Yes, it's official, top three for sure. 

Yay! I'm glad you liked Nine Lives. It's another one I didn't expect to like since I am not a big pet person, but it might be my very favorite. (I also liked BR's superman). 

@catrice2, I also miss the mysteries over the holidays. Why aren't there more holiday mysteries?? 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Myrrhine said:

Yay! I'm glad you liked Nine Lives. It's another one I didn't expect to like since I am not a big pet person, but it might be my very favorite. (I also liked BR's superman). 

@catrice2, I also miss the mysteries over the holidays. Why aren't there more holiday mysteries?? 

Do they have any Christmas Mysteries? I don't watch those holiday shows so it never occurred to me that they might. If not we should write one!

I am a man who enjoys Hallmark Christmas movies. It’s a real bonding time with my lovely wife as she loves these movies. I started watching them simply to appease her, and although I know how these will end in the first minute of the movie, I find these movies to be so heartwarming. That being said, I was very disappointed in Christmas Connection. Simply put, the acting was bad and there was an obvious lack of connection between the two actors. It was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. The guy showed little to no emotion whatsoever! My wife and I watched it but took us three days to get through it. Not one of Hallmark’s best. We are loving the Evergreen movies! No matter what, these movies really put me in the Christmas spirit! 

Edited by Wishywashy
Typos
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Wishywashy said:

I am a man who enjoys Hallmark Christmas movies. It’s a real bonding time with my lovely wife as she loves these movies. I started watching them simply to appease her, and although I know how these will end in the first minute of the movie, I find these movies to be so heartwarming. That being said, I was very disappointed in Christmas Connection. Simply put, the acting was bad and there was an obvious lack of connection between the two actors. It was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. The guy showed any emotion whatsoever! My wife and I watched it but took us three days to get through it. Not one of Hallmark’s best. We are love the Evergreen movies! No matter what, these movies really put me in the Christmas spirit! 

Totally agree about Christmas Connection.  I like the two leads individually but wow, they had zero chemistry.  Their vibe seemed more like colleagues or siblings!  Tom Everett Scott is an endearing actor but as a romantic lead, he wasn’t convincing at all.  

• Love 5

I wanted to like Mingle All The Way more than I did because the concept is at least a little bit different but I wasn't pulled in.  And I wanted to watch Christmas Wonderland because I like Emily Osment but I couldn't take another movie with a guy being butthurt that a woman went to a big city to follow her career as they try to throw a high school dance on the 23rd of December.  On the 23rd of Dec---nope. So I fast forwarded to the end.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5