Type keyword(s) to search

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm reposting what I just wrote on the TWOP forum, just to test out this new message board. 
------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, third excellent episode in a row.  Sadly just in time for it to end.

I didn't like Will trying to betray them, but they did a really good job of showing him come to his senses.

I agree that Cyrus is way better now.  I really don't like the possibility that they will change the laws of magic to resurrect Anastasia.  It just seems wrong, and I wish that had been a magic knife that Jafar used.  But now that Cyrus too is mortally wounded, maybe that is the route they will go.  As others have mentioned, that would have universe-wide ramifications, and if they are consistent, surely there must be a price. 

The flashbacks were great since it was fun to see Alice and the Knave working together.  There was a lot of nice banter. 

I even liked seeing the despicable Jabberwocky try to betray and hiss at Jafar. 

Back when they made the decision that Wonderland wasn't going to be a "bridge" series for the mothership but would essentially be its own show, I think they basically hinted that if successful, it could be renewed for multiple seasons.

That's what I thought too.  Originally, this series was supposed to air during the hiatus for "Once Upon a Time".  At that point, they probably did intend for a one-off and then the following year, they might do "Once Upon a time in ________ (Somewhere Else)". 

But giving this show a different timeslot on Thursday and debuting it in the fall suggested that ABC thought this Wonderland series might have potential to be a separate show.  Alas, the ratings were horrible.  But then again, until these last three episodes, I had been deeply disappointed in the show.

Now, there's no chance of the Wonderland cast being renewed AND there is even doubt given the bad ratings that they will do another one-off "Once Upon a Time Somewhere Else".  Given these last three episodes, I really wish they would do another 13-episode spinoff since it allows them to explore the Universe more, develop other interesting fairy tale characters, plus have good potential crossovers like last week's Cora/visit to Storybrooke one.  It's a shame ABC has given up on promotion, since I've totally changed my mind and the Alice/Cyrus/Will/Anastasia core is very good when given quality material.

Edited by Camera One

Sadly I was cooking dinner and missed the first half of the ep, so I'll have to rewatch On Demand tomorrow... bleah. But of what I did see: while I was mildly disappointed in Will for his seeming betrayal, I kinda couldn't help but to side with him when he questioned Alice as to why her love was worth saving but not his.  I understand the fact that Anastasia is dead ordinarily would be a sticking point,  but given that we're dealing with Jabberwockies and genies and the like, I can see his point. Alice jumped worlds to be with Cyrus, and got tons of help along the way from WIll. And lets not forget he took her boytoy's place in the bottle. I don't think he should have had to argue with Alice so long to get her on board. 

The magic fight was kinda lame, though I don't really know what I was expecting, but the thing with the mirror shards? I thought that was really cool. I was kinda expecting to see Jafar spot Cyrus dicking around with the other genies in the reflection of the shards, but I'm not clear on what his plan was. Aren't they technically Jafar's genies now? Can he just take them away?

But of what I did see: while I was mildly disappointed in Will for his seeming betrayal, I kinda couldn't help but to side with him when he questioned Alice as to why her love was worth saving but not his.  I understand the fact that Anastasia is dead ordinarily would be a sticking point,  but given that we're dealing with Jabberwockies and genies and the like, I can see his point.

I think Alice could kind of see his point as well, but Will was asking Alice to let Jafar cast his curse to break the rules of magic.  That might have been in the first half of the episode, but Alice said that she wants to save Anastasia but they can't let countless others die to make that happen and Jafar is unlikely to keep his promise.  Even Will changed his mind eventually.  It was only after the Jabberwocky proposed another way (to free Cyrus' mother from the Snake Staff) that they changed their plan to go save Anastasia.

I was kinda expecting to see Jafar spot Cyrus dicking around with the other genies in the reflection of the shards, but I'm not clear on what his plan was. Aren't they technically Jafar's genies now? Can he just take them away?

Good point... I'm not even sure what Cyrus was trying to do there.  I guess Jafar might need the actual bottles in front of him to do the spell?

Edited by Camera One

So let me get this straight, they need to change the rules of magic to save Cyrus, but Cyrus isn't dead yet? AFAICT, the "rules" don't prevent healing someone who is alive, only bringing someone back from the dead. So Cyrus' mom is an idiot!

I think Alice could kind of see his point as well, but Will was asking Alice to let Jafar cast his curse to break the rules of magic.  That might have been in the first half of the episode, but Alice said that she wants to save Anastasia but they can't let countless others die to make that happen and Jafar is unlikely to keep his promise.  Even Will changed his mind eventually.  It was only after the Jabberwocky proposed another way (to free Cyrus' mother from the Snake Staff) that they changed their plan to go save Anastasia.

Good point... I'm not even sure what Cyrus was trying to do there.  I guess Jafar might need the actual bottles in front of him to do the spell?

Oh, no doubt, Camera One, and I can totally buy that. No one would want Jafar to get his way, I'd think. My only thing is if the roles were reversed and it was Cyrus on the line instead of Anastasia, I don't think that would have been Alice's sentiment, and that bugs. She's been pretty much in tunnel vision mode until she got Cyrus back, and now that she has him nothing else is worth fighting quite so hard for.  Its just a feeling I have, I dunno. For someone who was so determined not to use up her wishes, she ran through them pretty quick. Well, not as quick as Anastasia, but still. 

Honestly, I didn't get any of the plan. I don't know what Jafar's old ass dad was supposed to do to stop Jafar when he's been made in a pet parrot  in that cage for however long. What was Cyrus going to do with the other bottles?  How did Amara get out of the staff? Where the hell was Alice running to, she didn't seem to have a direction. Was it simply busywork distraction, keep the guards busy until... what? I just didn't understand it. 

Not surprising given the low ratings but the show has been officially cancelled:

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/43843/abc-cancels-once-upon-a-time-in-wonderland/

Beware of the screenshot for the promo video for next week's series finale under the article... not sure if that shows a spoiler or not.

The article did say that nothing has worked in the Thursday 8pm timeslot and listed many of the shows which have tried that slot since the last successful show in that time, which was "Ugly Betty".

Such a shame since the show has been excellent the last three weeks.  I liked Anastasia for the first time, only for her to meet her demise.  I hope ABC will consider doing another "Once Upon a Time Somewhere Else" spinoff next year, and actually use it to bridge the hiatus.

Edited by Camera One

I'm glad they are keeping that possibility open.  Though this series' low ratings will have an impact on their decisions down the line about other spinoffs.  

I think ABC would have renewed Wonderland for a second season had it done well.

Honestly, I didn't get any of the plan. I don't know what Jafar's old ass dad was supposed to do to stop Jafar when he's been made in a pet parrot  in that cage for however long. What was Cyrus going to do with the other bottles?  How did Amara get out of the staff? Where the hell was Alice running to, she didn't seem to have a direction. Was it simply busywork distraction, keep the guards busy until... what? I just didn't understand it.

The plan was confusing to say the least. I guess they wanted to steal the bottles (Cyrus was supposed to get close to those), but why was Alice saving the Sultan? I don't know - to plead to Jafar's black heart perhaps?

Amara sudden out-of-the-staff-ness was... sudden. It's like "Oh, I forgot, I actually CAN free myself. i couldn't when you were keeping my son in a cage, but look now!". maybe the writers just wanted to wrap things up quickly and skipped a Free Amara Quest from the script.

On the whole, I really really heart Will. Can the original show have him? If Ana cannot be brought back, let him interact with Ruby. They can chat about how they both got shows that were canceled.

I sincerely hope ABC does a testrun of another Once Upon a Time (somewhere else) at the parent show's timeslot, to see if it fares any better. (Promoting it a little more wouldn't hurt, either). Also, I think it would be really cool if the writers managed to make it an actual bridge inbetween the parent show's seasons, as in, the spinoff does a self-contained story that can be viewed on its own and, additionally, ties into the inevitable cliffhanger of either the season finale, premiere or both of the original OUaT.

It sure sounds complicated, but when has anything done by these people not been complicated or involved cliffhangers? It's what keeps most of us coming back, anyway.

If they go with their original plan, and actually air Once Upon a Time (Somewhere Else) during the parent show's hiatus (Jan-Feb), maybe they could air the first episode in December.  

I like your idea of a tie-in... maybe the second last episode from the December finale, they could add an extra 5 minutes that leads to the spinoff.  For this past fall, that would have been "The New Neverland", when everyone returned home to Storybrooke except Henry was fake.  They could have had an extra 5 minutes added to that episode, where they show Will in Storybrooke, maybe after the scene where Regina tucks Henry into bed.  They could have done the first 5 minutes of the Wonderland pilot... have Grumpy and Cinderella lock up Granny's, saying how happy they are that Snow and the others have returned, and then show Will breaking into the diner and have the White Rabbit appear, saying that Alice needs him, and then to commercials, show a promo for the spinoff, or maybe even show the first episode after, to entice people to return in January to see more... have the January premiere be a 2-hour event.

Edited by Camera One

Yes, Camera One, that would be the kind of thing I'd love them to do and which could work amazingly well both for the story as a whole and for the network/crew/cast as it'd maintain buzz about the show(s) going. The thing is, wherever/whenever they placed it would be tricky: in the winter timeslot it'd run directly against the Awards season (which really hurt OUaT S2), and in the summer timeslot it'd be hard to place a shorter series that interests people unless the next season of the parent show begins like, the week following its ending so everyone actually remembers/cares about what happened.

I really hope Wonderland's broad-strokes flop doesn't hurt the possibility of anything like what we're discussing here too much.

Edited by samhalliwell
Honestly, I didn't get any of the plan.

Me neither. At first I thought maybe they were going to get Amara to return the water, and in doing so her sons would be released from their bottles and that is why Cyrus was stealing them?   But if Amara was key (whether in human or staff form) for Jafar to complete his spell, then it boggles my mind that Team Alice once again conveniently provided Jafar with everything he needed -- he didn't even have to leave the damn castle, or the room!  Amara should have created a distraction to lure him away from the castle or at least that room so Cyrus could steal the bottles.  How ridiculous to have him stealing the bottles a few feet from where they were battling.

Still not sure how Jafar's dad fits into their plan. 

Does the Jabberwocky remind anyone else of Chiana from Farscape (makeup-wise)? 

Aw, as many problems as there were with the show, I've grown fond of the characters and am sad to see that it has been cancelled. Here's hoping they will continue the trend a la American Horror Story where each season is Once Upon A Time in (someplace). That would make for some awesome story telling (as the OuaT world is quite vast) and no danger or drawing certain lame storylines out for episodes/seasons at a time.

I'm so angry the show was getting better these past few weeks. I pretty much hated the first half of the series and only stuck with it because I recap it for LeakyNews.com and was thus forced to keep watching it. Ever since it came back from the hiatus, though, it's actually been good and I was really starting to care about the characters. And then it goes and gets canceled. So. Mad.

(edited)

Totally bad plan.  It looked like Cyrus was trying to free himself from the rope, but why didn't they just use fake knots?  Will counting on Jafar putting him back in the bottle at Just. That. Moment.  Alice running on a clear path.. to where?  Cyrus not dead, but all the Good Guys acting like he is.

Also, this Eeeeeeeeevil and powerful Jabberwock, who all the King's Horses and all the King's Men couldn't contain, is suddenly afraid of Jafar?  Gah.

Oh,and Will?  The needs of the many... blah blah wishcakes.

So, yeah, this was one of the better episodes, but still left much to be desired.

Blue Girl: t boggles my mind that Team Alice once again conveniently provided Jafar with everything he needed -- he didn't even have to leave the damn castle, or the room!

I kept yelling "dumbass!" every time these people would pull yet another bone-headed move.  It's hard to root for the heros when they have the collective brainpower of a stoned gerbil.

Edited by jhlipton
It's hard to root for the heros when they have the collective brainpower of a stoned gerbil.

Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It's pretty bad.  Well, they have one final episode to give it their best shot.  I kinda want Jafar to die, but I can't decide who I want to kill him. So many choices.

I read someone on another forum post that he might end up locked up in a bottle as a genie and cast into oblivion, parallelling the Aladdin movies and neatly making a come-back possible. Though that'd be interesting, I agree that he should die. Dude was nasty.

I read someone on another forum post that he might end up locked up in a bottle as a genie and cast into oblivion...

Crap! Oh, no, if that happens he so isn't ending up in oblivion, he's ending up in Storybrooke. NOOOooooo!

Crap! Oh, no, if that happens he so isn't ending up in oblivion, he's ending up in Storybrooke. NOOOooooo!

Upon reading your reaction (and my original post), I totally should have clarified that was a theory, not an actual spoiler. Sorryyy about that!

I'd think the theory is more likely because Naveen Andrews is a Lost person more than because the character's great (though I admit he's the most vicious/effective villain in the Onceverse). These people sure love their Lost crew.

If Cyrus is really, truly, no fooling, dead, then the prospects for Ana are good, because Alice will let Jafar break the Rules of Magic for Cyrus, when she wouldn't for just Ana (thereby justifying Will's complaint), and Ana will be collateral improvement (the opposite of collateral damage, donchasee).

If Cyrus is only mostly dead, then they may get their heads on long enough to realize that they can heal him and stop Jafar, in which case Ana is toast.

The all-powerful Jafar succeeds in making his father love him and forcing Anastasia into thinking she loves him. After Alice, Amara and Cyrus escape, Jafar imprisons the Jabberwocky and calls upon an army of dead soldiers to do his bidding. Meanwhile, Alice and the White Rabbit raise their own army to fight Jafar for the realm and a final confrontation between Alice and Jafar takes place at the Well of Wonders.

I thought it was pretty clear that Cyrus was dead, because Amara wouldn't be helping Jafar with the spell unless he were.

So did I, but with jhlipton's post I realized that even if we were supposed to assume he was dead, it wasn't really stated. We''ll be finding out about that and a lot more in a little, anyway :)

I damn near squeed with Will freed Anastasia from Jafar's control with True Love's Kiss.

I ended up missing a section of the episode due to family stuff. Went from seeing Amara magically forcing the resurrected soldiers to kill themselves (badass!), and when I came back, Alice was Jafar's prisoner.

Jafar becoming a Genie, we already discussed the possibility of that happening, but I'm glad it happened. Naveen Andrews is an Amazing actor. Hope to see him on the parent show, soon

Also, I got a kick over the King Chess piece falling over after Jafar's defeat.. Alice's father still has some magnificent facial hair.

All in all, I really enjoyed this series. Slow start, but in the end, it was a really nice self contained series.

May the Blu-Ray/DVD set be loaded with commentaries and special features.

• Love 1

Actually, a pretty good series ending.  While I like my realistic, serious endings as much as the next person, a "happy" ending works best for this show, so I'm glad that both couples lived and are together, Cyrus' brothers are free, and Jafar was defeated, without causing too much damage, besides Amara's death, but that had to happen for the story.

Loved the final Will/Alice scene.  Those two really were the backbone of this series, and I'm glad they didn't ignore their relationship just to focus on the romantic stuff.

Since Michael Socha is going to the mothership, I wonder what this means for Will/Anastasia.  I certainly hope they aren't breaking up, but I wonder why there has been no word about Emma Rigby possibly joining the show.  I can understand why Alice/Cyrus won't, but I hope the actors find other gigs.  I really wouldn't be surprised if Gene Jafar ends up in Storybrooke somehow. 

• Love 1

And that, kids, is how you do a series finale that not only delivers, but makes the viewers want more, rather than pissing them off to the point that they want nothing to do with any of the showrunners' future creations (How I Met Your Mother, I am looking at you)!

And yes, I loved the application of True Love's Kiss.  It's nice to know that some things remain constant in both realms!

Didn't Alice make a beautiful bride?  And how cool that both her world and Wonderland are now linked (don't think for  a minute that the White Rabbit wouldn't just show up again to take Alice's stepsister or her and Cyrus' children on their own Wonderland adventures someday)!

• Love 1

Just posting my response on this forum as well...

I loved the last three episodes, but I thought the pacing of this final episode was a mess, from Amara and Alice dragging Cyrus away (and she's supposedly one of the two most powerful magical practitioners in the world?), to the long-winded trip to the well, to having Anastasia die *again*. So the Guardian of the Well can just decide who gets to live and who gets to die? 

I did like the moment when Jafar realized that he had stolen water from her and when he got punished. 

When the brother said to Cyrus, "So all this was for nothing?" and Cyrus said "It was very everything."  Well, maybe for you but what about the two of them slaves to the lamps and getting no true love from it?

I did laugh at two of the things the Rabbit said, the first being "Look kids, here is where Cyrus' spleen fell out."

So did Cyrus die there?  Or was he just injured?

The Will/Anastasia kiss breaking the curse was really good.  While I was thrilled when I found out later the water would restore her, I think they should have left that out, and just kept her alive to the end.

The nice thing with a closed series is that they could have that happy ending.  Though knowing the actor who played Will was going to the main show made me worried that they will kill of Anastasia or break them up again.  I think they went a bit too far to already show Alice and Cyrus' daughter.  So it looks like they have no interest in showing them ever again... they're just going to live a quiet domestic life in England?
I was glad to see Alice's father but wanted to find out her wife was evil and he kicked her out.  It was amusing to see her eyeing Mrs. Rabbit though.

Even though I was a little disappointed with this episode, the three before this made me like all the characters, I'm still glad they did it.

I loved Naveen Andrews on "Lost" but I couldn't stand Jafar here.  He was irritating me right to the end so I hope we never see him on the parent show.

• Love 2

I absolutely loved this episode. Although most of it had been speculated about and gotten right at various forums, I still enjoyed it greatly, dare I say because it was mostly neatly predictable.

Even the things that should piss me off/bother me because they were too predictable actually delighted me. Alice and Cyrus lived happily ever after? Jafar got genied away? TLK brings Anastasia back just so she could die and be brought back because Nyx said her time wasn't done? I'm game. Also, it totally leaves the door open for them all to show up at Once: the Original should they ever make it so. In Ana's case it totally blows though, because now you know that with Will going over as a regular to the mothership the separation of the White King and Queen (I <3ed that bit, with a passion) and the corresponding angst attached is going to suck for her and Will big time.

On another note, the Jabberwocky getting left behind at a dungeon with no resolution was just mean/lazy writing. Ditto, though not as bothersome for me as the Jabberwocky, was the lack of confrontation with Alice's stepmom (the sass from Mrs. Rabbit was gold, but not quite enough). Also, kinda sucky for Cyrus' brother who I don't think we ever got to know the names of (!!!) that they didn't get to say goodbye to their mom. But I can handwave it cuz HAPPY ENDINGS ON TV, YAY! Yeah, I'm happy everyone else got the ending they deserved.

Nerdy P.D.: I love that a blonde, powerful woman played by an actress named Emma was emotionally unstable, seemingly evil, manipulated/betrayed by a bigger bad and then joined the good side and went on to finally become The White Queen. Quite a lovely (unintentional?) shout out to yet another Disney-owned property, Show.

• Love 1

One thing I didn't understand - the grand plan was to undo Jafar and Amara's spell to change the laws of magic. When Jafar was turned into a genie, some of his magic was undone (he brought Anastasia back to life so she died again). But he also used magic to kill his father who stayed dead. And Amara used magic to bring Cyrus back to life but he stayed alive.

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I was a member of TWOP (more of a lurker there, I think overall I posted about 10 posts through the years). I plan on being more vocal here.

btw, huge huge OUAT and OUATIW fan. :-)

So anyway, my thoughts on the finale: good episode. Thought it was a bit rushed, but everything got resolved and I'm glad Alice & Cyrus and Will and Ana got their happy endings. Loved how Jafar 'got his" at the end. Thought it was kind of meh how The Jabberwocky was just pinned to the wall again. I thought the character was so underutilized and could and should have been much darker and scarier. Loved how Will's true love's kiss broke Ana out of her "love spell" with Jafar. Alice is such a bad ass. I love how the female characters in OUATIW and OUAT aren't these weak, 'damsels in distress'. The wedding was lovely and I loved seeing The Wonderland characters there looking so happy. Ana (in lavender, first time I've ever seen her in a color other than red) looked beautiful and Alice did too. By far my favorite moment of the episode was when Alice ran over to Will and hugged him. I teared up that that. The ending, with Alice reading her adventures to her (adorable) daughter, and them (with Cyrus) having a tea party/picnic was a very nice way to end everything.

I hope that other characters besides Will/The Knave show up in OUAT. Since Will and Ana/Red Queen are together again, I would think that she would show up in Storybrooke too. Since it's certain that Ana is one of Cinderella's stepsisters, *that* could be a storyline in itself. Bring back Cinderella/Ashley Boyd (Jessy Schram) for a few episodes. Also bring back some of the other Wonderland characters for "flashback" scenes to Wonderland. Also, I would love love love to see The Mad Hatter/Jefferson (Sebastian Stan) make an appearance. He's one of my favorite secondary OUAT characters. And of course I would love to see Alice and Cyrus again.

One thing I didn't understand - the grand plan was to undo Jafar and Amara's spell to change the laws of magic. When Jafar was turned into a genie, some of his magic was undone (he brought Anastasia back to life so she died again). But he also used magic to kill his father who stayed dead. And Amara used magic to bring Cyrus back to life but he stayed alive.

The way I understood it, the rules of magic are that you can't raise the dead, make someone love you, or change the past.  So Jafar broke the rules of magic by making his father love him, but not by killing him.  (I think what threw me off there was that one of the rules for genie's wishes is you cannot wish for life or death, but general magic can still kill.)

When Marcus and Alice were kissing at the end I was waiting to see if he would drop dead, but then I realized only Jafar's magic had been undone so since Amara raised Marcus he got to live.

I just realized that there is a problem with Will's use of True Love's Kiss.  David tried using True Love's Kiss to restore Snow White's love for him and memory of their relationship after she drank a potion that was designed to erase her memory of them -- and the kiss failed precisely because Snow didn't remember that she was in love with David.  How, then, was Will able to use True Love's Kiss to reverse Jafar's memory spell on Anastasia?  The kiss shouldn't have worked because at that point, Anastasia didn't remember her love for Will any more than Snow remembered her love for David -- from her spell-induced perspective, Jafar, not Will, was and always had been her true love.

David tried using True Love's Kiss to restore Snow White's love for him and memory of their relationship after she drank a potion that was designed to erase her memory of them -- and the kiss failed precisely because Snow didn't remember that she was in love with David.  How, then, was Will able to use True Love's Kiss to reverse Jafar's memory spell on Anastasia?

I wondered about this as well.  (Not to mention how ubiquitous true love has apparently become, makes me wonder why magic users even bother anymore.)  It seems when someone's memories have been completely wiped (Belle, Emma) it does not work, which makes sense.  In Snow's case, Rumpy's potion took away her love as well as her memory of Charming, so his initial kiss didn't work but after he jumped in front of the arrow it did.  I'm willing to hand wave it a little with Ana because she still had her memories, she still remembered who she was and Will, she just appeared to be under a magical delusion. 

I'm willing to hand wave it a little with Ana because she still had her memories, she still remembered who she was and Will, she just appeared to be under a magical delusion.

That was the impression I got. Ana remembered Will, and that they had been in love, so the kiss worked on her.

The show in general was pretty uneven, but I really enjoyed these last few episodes. I'm thrilled that Michael Socha will be on OUAT, and I hope Emma Rigby ends up there as well. I'd never seen her in anything before, but I have really come to enjoy her.

(edited)

If she's not there with him, I hope we'll at least get a plausible explanation as to why she's not there.  Even a line that he came to Storybrooke at her request or with her blessing while she stayed behind to govern Wonderland would work for me.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

I loved the finale. I'm very happy that The Knave/Will will be on OUAT and I hope Anna will be there too. I really liked her towards the end of the series and I found myself more invested in Will and Anna's story than Cyrus and Alice's. Not for bad reasons. Just because I'm thinking, Ok good Alice and Cyrus are happy but I really want to know where Will and Anna go next,

• Love 1

I enjoyed this finale as well!  It was nice to see Will/Ana and Alice/Cyrus look content, as it felt so well earned. 

I adore Naveen and thought he did a good job at being a villian's villian.  I would not be unhappy if he showed up in Storybrooke at some point.  Maybe we'll even get to see my favs Jasmine and Aladdin (pretty, pretty please). 

Like many of you, I'm so excited that Michael Socha is moving over to Original Recipe, but I'm really hoping they aren't going to tear his heart out again by doing something to Ana or having her slide backwards.  I can't stand his sad puppy dog face.  No bueno.  That said, I can't wait to see him with some of the snarky Once cast.    

I'm just about to start watching this show, now that apparently the Knave is migrating to Storybrooke.

I think the idea of other OUaT shows would be a really good way to expand on worlds they introduce in OUaT. They could do a run about Neverland or Oz, because honestly, we didn't learn all that much about those worlds. The writers are like kids playing with a new toy and then getting bored with it. Either one of those worlds could have filled a full season.

Glad you're over here, justcris.  I agree... I would like a miniseries/limited series that takes place in Oz or Neverland too, especially Oz since I felt we hardly saw it.  Unfortunately, this "Wonderland" spinoff got such bad ratings that it might have given them pause.  :/

One alternative I think would be kinda cool if they do a summer miniseries would be to tell a more in depth story about some of the secondary characters.  So maybe see some of Red's past adventures in more detail where she is the main character, or Grumpy, or even Blue.   Or if they want to stay in the current timeline, they could  pull a secondary character into another world to be the lead.  Grumpy in Oz would be kinda awesome if you ask me. 

• Love 1

The problem there is that none of those actors are good enough to carry an episode. Megan Ohry had her chance to star in a prime time show with established stars and she was not very good in it. While Lee Ahrenberg may be good at delivering snappy one-liners lines to provide comic relief, he could not carry the episode when he was given the chance. Dreamy was just terrrible. The same can be said for the other actors who play Blue, Granny, etc. There is a good reason they are bit players who always seem to be available when they are occasionally called upon to stand around in the background and say at most a line or two.

(edited)

I actually enjoyed the Red/Granny and Grumpy centrics, and I thought all of those actors did fine.  I also enjoyed the actress who played Blue on other shows, and I wouldn't mind watching a Blue centric either.    They could do a mini-season where each of these supporting characters get an episode to expand upon their backstories.  These are fairy tales and the main criteria for characters is they have charisma, and I feel this series actually has done a good job with selections of minor, supporting and guest characters for the most part.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1