Type keyword(s) to search

Ariana Madix: Smarter and Prettier than You!

• Start Topic

Ariana should just untuck her testicles and tell FI the truth..."Tom, if you want a vacation, please just look into my eyes. Don't go to Vegas. I know what you do with girls that are not your girlfriend on trips to Vegas...I was there with you, remember?"

• Love 5

I think the thing that has always gotten to me about Arianna is that despite her cool girl facade she strikes me as a black hole of need and attention. I feel like everyone in her life is always required to tell her how AMAZING she is all day long. "you're so strong. You're so smart. You and Tom are so great together. You are such an awesome unicorn!" It's just exhausting. Plus I can't figure out what she has actually accomplished that is supposed to be so great. She went to an average college (so did I) and has spent the past 10 years working as a bartender. As far as I can tell fucking her way on to a trashy realty show is the sum total of her accomplishments. Which is true for all these idiots, but what she thinks elevates her above Jax or Kristen is a mystery to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I think the thing that has always gotten to me about Arianna is that despite her cool girl facade she strikes me as a black hole of need and attention. I feel like everyone in her life is always required to tell her how AMAZING she is all day long. "you're so strong. You're so smart. You and Tom are so great together. You are such an awesome unicorn!" It's just exhausting. Plus I can't figure out what she has actually accomplished that is supposed to be so great. She went to an average college (so did I) and has spent the past 10 years working as a bartender. As far as I can tell fucking her way on to a trashy realty show is the sum total of her accomplishments. Which is true for all these idiots, but what she thinks elevates her above Jax or Kristen is a mystery to me.

You said it better than I ever could.  Although toss in Debbie Downer syndrome. Like Jax says, Arianna hates everything.

She and Kristen have a few interesting similarities. Neither seems to find enough in themselves to be happy on their own.  While Arianna's claim to a high IQ may be true (who really knows), Kristen is sharp in other ways, e.g. calculating.  I give Kristen props for recognizing she needed help with her behavior - AND for accepting tit and putting it into action.  Meanwhile, Arianna continues to dig her feet in the ground and play the Debbie Downer role.

Despite her horrible past, Kristen has grown as a person far more than Arianna has.  I hope it lasts.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I have seen nothing to indicate that Ariana is anything more than of average intelligence. I think she intentionally hangs out with people who are less intelligent than she is, so she can come across a lot smarter by comparison. She would never date a guy who was an Ivy League grad, well read, successful, etc. She'd never be friends with girls who have other interests outside of makeup and parties. Then the secret would be out. She is just a normal girl who is friends with a pack of idiots. She throws around a few big words once in awhile (sometimes used incorrectly) and fancies herself a genius. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 7:53 AM, ghoulina said:

I have seen nothing to indicate that Ariana is anything more than of average intelligence. I think she intentionally hangs out with people who are less intelligent than she is, so she can come across a lot smarter by comparison. She would never date a guy who was an Ivy League grad, well read, successful, etc. She'd never be friends with girls who have other interests outside of makeup and parties. Then the secret would be out. She is just a normal girl who is friends with a pack of idiots. She throws around a few big words once in awhile (sometimes used incorrectly) and fancies herself a genius. 

Can't find a link but I recall reading that Arianna claims to have a high IQ.

On Twitter, Ariana claimed her IQ is "around 150": https://mobile.twitter.com/ariana2525/status/529535934476582912

On her blog, she wrote:

I have a genius level IQ and I evaluate all situations scientifically and logically. If I'm not worried about it, its not something to worry about. I'm the farthest thing from dumb you've ever met. I'm not incredibly confident about all of myself, but that is something that is just a fact.

http://www.bravotv.com/vanderpump-rules/season-3/blogs/ariana-madix/ariana-im-not-worried-about-it

She doesn't even know the difference between "its" (possessive) and "it's" (contraction).

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Sorry don't know how to copy and paste tweets, though this was interesting... 

Xanadude‏ @xanadude28Drunk happy @ariana2525 is great! @pumprules #PumpRules

Ariana Madix‏ @ariana2525

Who knew all it took was having a friend of mine actually be on this show? #magic

Guess Scheana is out with everyone?

On 1/16/2017 at 9:20 PM, bosawks said:

If Ariana is so smart WTF is she doing on this soul destroying show?

Well who wouldn't look smart around those others girls? Clearly she's there because Jersey Shore is no longer available. VDP was her best bet to be on a show with a bunch of idiots, that by comparison, even if she never spoke, she'd still look like a genius, haha.

• Love 2
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 8:20 PM, bosawks said:

If Ariana is so smart WTF is she doing on this soul destroying show?

I think it's so funny that she had to be talked into the show, but now loves the money so much that she won't walk away. In 1 of her 2 filmed scenes from season 1, she kept covering her face with her hair. I loved the camera guys talking about how she was the worst to film with. I hated Ariana last season because she didn't want to film with anyone, but wasn't willing to leave the show. She clearly likes her coins.

• Love 5

Hey guys,

So I have been following Vanderpump Rules from season one.  TBH I am not particularly fond of this show, but my gf loves it and she is able to put up with my shows so when we watch it I try to enjoy.  with this new season I find myself very passionately involved with the story line and to my girlfriends amusement I decided to voice  some of my opinions here on this forum.  The main reason I want to speak up is because my gf doesn’t seem to agree with a lot of what I have to say and I am interested to see if I am alone with my opinions.  so lets get stated.

Fist of all I need to talk about Arianna.  WTF happened to this chick?  when she first appeared on this show it was like a breath of fresh air.  I mean I admired how she was able to deal with Kristen being on the attack and all the other haters.  she was straight up my favorite character on the show.  Taking the high road in a situation while everyone is hating on you deserves my respect.  So what happened?  Well, she became a snobby entitles little you know what.  its actually cringe worthy some of the stuff she does and says.  the way she is acting now towards Staci and the other girls is very rude.  more importantly its a complete contradiction of the character we were introduced to in season..... idk lol.  The fact that she whole heartedly believes she is better then everyone there is ridiculous.  lets just pretend for a minute that she is actually the smartest, funniest, and better in every way girl on the show.  why would you lower yourself to their level and participate in the crazy.  I for one when am confronted with people like that....well actually I act very similar to how she did when first introduced.  I would most likely agree with the crazy and try to appease.  I would keep my mouth shut and only open up each night with my gf or other close friends to vent. I would NOT act like I am better then everyone and act like a you know what.  Maybe that’s why I am so disappointed with her.  I could kind of relate to her when she was first introduced.  she was above it all and she knew it and the viewers knew it.  there is no reason to act like your above the craziness in your life, when you know in your heart that you are.

well it seems that I m getting a little carried away.  although I planned to cover more characters, I think I ll leave it here for now and see what the community thinks.  stay tuned for more because I do plan to cover each character for better or worse.

Till then,
The Boyfriend 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 1/2/2017 at 5:48 PM, editorgrrl said:

On Twitter, Ariana claimed her IQ is "around 150": https://mobile.twitter.com/ariana2525/status/529535934476582912

On her blog, she wrote:

http://www.bravotv.com/vanderpump-rules/season-3/blogs/ariana-madix/ariana-im-not-worried-about-it

She doesn't even know the difference between "its" (possessive) and "it's" (contraction).

Or the difference between farther and further. 

• Love 2
On 12/29/2015 at 7:08 PM, FozzyBear said:

omg YES YES YES!!! This is what I see in Ariana, too. I think she just doesn't have the confidence to be crazy-crazy like Kristen or Stassi or any of these other people, so she tries to do it subtly, then pouts and gets all pouty and passive-aggressive when she doesn't get it. 

The scene that will always burn in my mind is when she told everyone she takes sketch comedy very seriously and was offended that Kristen would think she could just get on stage and do it! LMAO. 

• Love 7
(edited)

She got totally naked for the SUR photo shoot at least two years in a row. She was one of the three girls to pose totally naked with Peter. Now suddenly she’s super self conscious?

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8

Okay, I read on another thread that the cast of the show isn't being paid much. Maybe...MAYBE...that explains why I just saw Ariana in a low-budget movie online where she goes totally nude. I saw the photoshoot where she did the body paint thing. That was cool and actually left something to the imagination. Not this time... (wow)

ArianaMadixnude1censored.jpg

ArianaMadixnude2censored.jpg

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

God help me.

I've THOUHHT about this....

Maybe the awkward facial expressions are because she has issues. 

Or.  Constipated. 

I've got a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other.

She looks fantastic. Fit, tone and healthy.  

Edited by dosodog
The angel. Won this round.
  • Love 3

Oh....when was this movie shot?

Just looked it up, initial release date was in 2014 so this was probably right before she joined VPR fulltime.

Just looked further...the trailer was released in 2012 so this was WAY before VPR.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Ariana is just an arrogant, friendless, know-it-all who tries too hard to be the "cool girlfriend". Years ago she was talking about possibly wanting to marry Tom (why I have no clue,  he's no prize..) but now that it's her expected schtick to be anti, she plays it...

download.jpeg

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, nosepicker said:

Ariana is just an arrogant, friendless, know-it-all who tries too hard to be the "cool girlfriend". Years ago she was talking about possibly wanting to marry Tom (why I have no clue,  he's no prize..) but now that it's her expected schtick to be anti, she plays it...

download.jpeg

Oh one of the brilliant posters here dubbed her “Amazing Arianna” one season due to the hilarious similarities between her and the “Amazing Amy” character from the Gone Girl book/movie.

Although at least Arianna doesn’t appear to have sociopathic tendencies a’la plotting to have been killed by her partner just as a weird form of revenge for cheating. That seems more like some Scheana type behavior. Go figure that they’re both so chummy.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Rewatching S2 reunion and Kristen makes it  sound like Ariana was approached to be part of the cast in S1 but wasnt interested before changing her mind for S2.  Which I guess would make sense since Scheana was completely new the entire group. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Rewatching S2 reunion and Kristen makes it  sound like Ariana was approached to be part of the cast in S1 but wasnt interested before changing her mind for S2.  Which I guess would make sense since Scheana was completely new the entire group. 

Ariana filmed during season 1, but was apparently insufferable. She filmed with Scheana when Scheana practicing for her show and during the performance. The crew could barely get a clean shot of Ariana because she kept hiding her face. I think they would have liked to have her as a friend like Tina was, but she was absolutely not interested. I don't think it's that she was really approached and more that she had opportunities to film, production knew about the Sandoval rumor, and she made the little bits they did film with her so difficult that they never bothered to really ask her.

• Love 5
(edited)

It’s amazing (ha) to me that she was like NO I have no interest in this Bravo thing because my reputation r whatever—but yeah, sign me up for Dirty Dealing 3D, it’s super classy.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
On 12/2/2015 at 12:30 AM, ghoulina said:

I was just coming her to say that the poster who called her "Amazing Amy" was spot on. It's so true. All of her moves, everything she says, it's very calculated. Maybe one day she'll decide to fake her own death, pin it on Kristen, and go become a nuclear physicist in India. 

OMG, I laughed so hard at this!  Brilliant!

On 12/31/2015 at 12:53 AM, ghoulina said:

^^ This.  It must be exhausting to put up this façade of "I'm so cool, everything just rolls off me" all the time.  Maybe that's why she always looks bored and pissed off.

I know that a lot of people believe that geniuses always stand out or that they all work at NASA or cancer research-type jobs, but that's actually not always true.  However, every single genius is highly gifted at something, even if it's one thing - they have superior verbal skills; very good with numbers; musical abilities; spatial abilities where they can look at something briefly and instantly be able to figure out visual clues, etc.  SOMEthing.  Now, they don't always end up working in their field of expertise, but their abilities at that one thing is very very high.  Not just 'above average' high, but HIIIIIGH.  Ariana does not have superior abilities in anything.  She's not dumb by any means, and seems smarter than her cast mates, but come on.  They're not exactly the types of people you would want to measure your intelligence against!  And Ariana saying that she's smarter than anyone and everyone she's ever met is also not saying much. 

Being a genius is being able to put all of your focus on that one thing you're very good at, even if you have ADD and don't have much of an attention span.  You find ways to work around it, as with having excellent verbal skills, even if you have severe dyslexia.  That quote about genius being 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration is true.  I've known lots of people with great ideas with no follow-through.  So nothing ever comes out of their ideas.  Ariana spends too much time thinking about how smart she can sound, instead of working on something real.  The bullshit Cool Girl act, yes, always!  She's only a legend in her own mind.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 7/8/2018 at 7:37 PM, nosepicker said:

download.jpeg

And she's so NOT the cool girlfriend. Remember the time she freaked out when Tom went to Vegas for the weekend with the boys? She tried every trick in the book to guilt him into staying because she doesn't know what to do with herself without Tom by her side. Stassi and Kristen may be drunk-crazy and overly jealous, but they can handle a weekend without their boyfriends without losing their minds. 

Ariana also freaked out last season, when Tom was hanging with Jax and the other Tom a lot. She may not be going through his phone and getting psycho over every female Tom speaks to, but she's clearly very needy with him over his time and attention. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

And she's so NOT the cool girlfriend. Remember the time she freaked out when Tom went to Vegas for the weekend with the boys? She tried every trick in the book to guilt him into staying because she doesn't know what to do with herself without Tom by her side. Stassi and Kristen may be drunk-crazy and overly jealous, but they can handle a weekend without their boyfriends without losing their minds. 

Ariana also freaked out last season, when Tom was hanging with Jax and the other Tom a lot. She may not be going through his phone and getting psycho over every female Tom speaks to, but she's clearly very needy with him over his time and attention. 

Funny how in the third season when she and Tom first started off as a couple, she was like, soooooo like, relaaaaxxxxxed about the relationship and when Sheana said how Tom is such a good liar, Ariana seemed sooooo coooooool about it?  That was all an act, and this whiny girlfriend she is now, that's the real Ariana.  She was talking about how 'disgustingly honest' she and Tom are with each other, but whatever.  He was cheating on her and she knew it but pretended not to know or care, but of course we all know that, that too, was all an act.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

Funny how in the third season when she and Tom first started off as a couple, she was like, soooooo like, relaaaaxxxxxed about the relationship and when Sheana said how Tom is such a good liar, Ariana seemed sooooo coooooool about it?  That was all an act, and this whiny girlfriend she is now, that's the real Ariana.  She was talking about how 'disgustingly honest' she and Tom are with each other, but whatever.  He was cheating on her and she knew it but pretended not to know or care, but of course we all know that, that too, was all an act.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom cheats now, given that he's not getting any from Ariana. lol. I think Tom is the type of guy that will stay in a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship, like he likes the validation of it or whatever, but I think many guys would have grown tired of Ariana a long time ago. She whines, mopes, pouts, guilt-trips and doesn't even want to have sex. She's also gorgeous, which I'm sure helps, too and thank god for that, because she certainly doesn't light up any rooms with her personality lol. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
On 1/2/2017 at 6:48 PM, editorgrrl said:

On her blog, she wrote:

Her genius level IQ is certainly not in people relations! 

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, editorgrrl said:

On her blog, she wrote:

That's funny. Bring the receipts bitch!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

She's definitely not prettier than them all anymore. I don't know what the fuck she did to her face, but she looks awful. In her one talking head, she looked so puffy and plastic. And Tom is looking more and more creepy himself. A whole lot of vanity going on up in that dingy apartment. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 11/13/2018 at 2:39 AM, SheTalksShit said:

Her genius level IQ is certainly not in people relations! 

Or in anything, for that matter.  I think she took one of those random Internet IQ tests that pop up on the side which has maybe 10 questions.  The way she talked about having a genius-level IQ and evaluating situations logically and scientifically is PROOF that she's definitely NOT a genius.  A real genius would never say something like that.  Approaching things in a logical and scientific way???  Who talks this bullshit???  Being a genius and logical are mutually exclusive.  Also the fact that she had to mention that she's a genius?  How embarrassing.

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 12/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, SarahPrtr said:

Approaching things in a logical and scientific way???  Who talks this bullshit???  Being a genius and logical are mutually exclusive.  Also the fact that she had to mention that she's a genius?

I'm going to challenge this. Logic and genius aren't mutually exclusive; they aren't related at all. There have been self-controlled and logical geniuses. There have been impulsive geniuses who can't deal with constraints. Some are completely self-controlled in their professional lives, while being disasters in their personal lives. I've known "geniuses" who were absolutely brilliant and bragged about it constantly. I've known others who were very humble. Even the traits that are most commonly thought of as indicative of genius (curiosity, creativity, and openness to new thoughts or perspectives) aren't true across all geniuses or areas of their lives. Michael Crichton reportedly had a 180 IQ, but he was absolutely a bigot and misogynist, who frequently used bad science in his books and refused to admit that there really might be people in his life who were smarter than he was. When it came to issues that impacted his ego and sense of self, he was not curious, creative, or open to new ideas. IQ test scores are only an indication that someone is very good at answering the types of questions on IQ tests. Maybe Ariana is such a person. My biggest knock against her is that she doesn't seem to understand that there is a difference.

I am a person who is great at test taking. Am I a genius? Maybe. My test scores might lead you to believe that, but I've got a ton of other terrible decisions in my life that would suggest the opposite. I'm cartoonishly good at test taking. I didn't study for the LSATs. I got a really good score. I studied for 2 weeks for my MCATs and had scores that were solidly above average. I studied for 3 weeks for the bar exam and passed with very solid scores that qualified for multi-state passage. I studied for step 1 of the Boards for about a month and rarely went to class during my second year of med school; I passed. This doesn't make me a genius; it means I'm good at taking tests. The most brilliant idea I ever had was that I was going to be an unbelievably dangerous doctor if I completed med school; I took a leave and then dropped out.

If we're going to rate "brilliance" or "genius" in this cast, the two most brilliant cast members are Jax and Stassi. Both of them manage to transgress against everyone else in the cast in not insubstantial ways, but still get welcomed back into the fold without really making amends to any of them. Jax has said or done something shitty to everyone in the cast except Peter, but he keeps getting more chances despite only expressing superficial remorse. At a certain point, would you rather have Ariana's "intellect" or Jax' "skills of emotional manipulation?" Jax has managed to get very far being an untrustworthy disloyal asshole on the record. Jax is also the "lovable" dumbass who conflated Mohammed with Mahatma Gandhi and Nostradamus. Whereas Ariana is known for taking sketch comedy very seriously.

Ariana has managed to demonstrate that she has less talent than Tina, Laura-Leigh, and Vail. She's demonstrated that she had either less hustle or fewer opportunities than Scheana or Schwartz, who had some of the better professional resumes coming into the show. I'm not knocking her because "IT" never happened for her. It doesn't happen for a lot of people including her boss, Lisa Vanderpump Todd. However, Ariana's sudden detente with Stassi is because Ariana was realizing that Stassi was the smart boss bitch of WeHo and she, Ariana, was the smart bitch of the "outsiders." Scheana was sent to the woodshed, but Ariana's friendship with Lala and MyMan meant that she had a bit of leverage over WeHo and it was time to exert it. We watched a peace treaty when Ariana and Stassi were planning their joint birthday. Scheana has lost her status as most favored nation.

Ariana isn't a genius; she's just not an idiot who failed to see the writing on the wall (Scheana).

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

IQ tests aren't meant to test intelligence, which is confusing given that it stands for Intelligence Quotient. It doesn't measure how smart you are in an innate sense. IQ tests are and were designed from the beginning to measure how well a person will perform in school, and it does a pretty good job of that. It should not be used to infer how smart someone is. There's this idea that IQ is some static number, which it is not. A person's IQ varies by 5 points day to day, and can vary greatly over a lifetime. Additionally, IQ is not a reflection of your innate intellect. It is greatly affected by environmental factors, most notably socioeconomic status. 

None of the major standardized tests were meant to measure intelligence. The SAT was designed to measure how well a student will perform in college, and it's actually not very good at doing that past the first year. Basically, the SAT is accurate at predicting first year performance but is not accurate at predicting overall college performance so it shouldn't even be used in the admissions process since I'm assuming colleges and universities want students who are going to perform well past their first year. 

• Love 9
On 12/31/2018 at 2:45 PM, SarahPrtr said:

Or in anything, for that matter.  I think she took one of those random Internet IQ tests that pop up on the side which has maybe 10 questions.  The way she talked about having a genius-level IQ and evaluating situations logically and scientifically is PROOF that she's definitely NOT a genius.  A real genius would never say something like that.  Approaching things in a logical and scientific way???  Who talks this bullshit???  Being a genius and logical are mutually exclusive.  Also the fact that she had to mention that she's a genius?  How embarrassing.

They’re not necessarily mutually exclusive and there are a ton of ways to measure IQ that have nothing to do with logic - information processing, spatial awareness, working memory, picture arrangement (social situations), visual processing speed, etc. think about things like art - no logic at all involved in that, it’s just ability to literally draw/paint/sculpt what you see or imagine on a piece of paper!

And some geniuses are arrogant and ridiculous like that! So that’s why I said if it’s true, it’s definitely not in people relations! 

On 12/17/2018 at 10:43 AM, ghoulina said:

She's definitely not prettier than them all anymore. I don't know what the fuck she did to her face, but she looks awful. In her one talking head, she looked so puffy and plastic. And Tom is looking more and more creepy himself. A whole lot of vanity going on up in that dingy apartment. 

It’s her lips, she had her lips done, the classic mistake! 

Does she look different in recent pictures? Or have I just never really noticed what she looks like previously (I think this is very possible, it's like when I see her and she looks like her I know it's her, but when she looks different - like smiling at her birthday party with the costume, I could hardly recognize her.