Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite and Least Favorite Episodes and Seasons

The Cones of Dunshire episode is one of my all time favorites! So freaking hilarious to me! Ben introducing the game to Leslie and her face has me on the floor.

BEN: "Presenting… The Cones of Dunshire, a brand new gaming experience. 8-12 players, two wizards, a maverick, the arbiter, two warriors, a corporal, and a ledgerman. Now the ledgerman just keeps score. And he wears this hat."
LESLIE: "Oh boy."
BEN: "Now the object is to accumulate cones. Four cones wins, but in order to get a cone you have to build a civilization. Another amazing thing is the challenge play… actually, let me tell you more about the trivia cards because you're going to need to know about road blocks first. Well, never mind, the thing about the challenge play is that it's basically the game... in reverse!"
BEN: "Then you roll three dice to see how many dice you roll with. (rolls) Oh, 16, perfect! Lots of choices…"
BEN: "OK, each turn goes: roll, buy, action, …"
BEN (holding up a cone): "I mean, obviously this would be much taller in the real game…"
BEN: "But the corporal can veto…"
BEN: "This should be green too. How did this happen?"
BEN: "Are the cones a metaphor? Well, yes and no."
LESLIE: "Um, what is this called again?"
BEN: "The Cones of Dunshire. Oh my God, the maverick should be able to trade lumber for agriculture credits. How have I not thought of this before?"
LESLIE: "When do you go back to work again?"
BEN: "Tomorrow. It's fine, I'll just throw this in the garbage."

The bolded line kills me every time. 

That clip from Kimmel had me in tears. You can see that they incorporated more of Adam Scott into the Ben character over time and that really enriched the show. 

• Love 1

I’ve been rewatching, and I would say Ben’s Parents is one of my least favorites. I like the Jean-Ralphio parts and nothing else. The whole quilt thing is so annoying. Just because Ben and Leslie are getting married doesn’t mean their families are now family (this is something that bugs me in real life too). 

• Love 1
On 10/24/2017 at 7:04 PM, ooh.boo said:

I’ve been rewatching, and I would say Ben’s Parents is one of my least favorites. I like the Jean-Ralphio parts and nothing else. The whole quilt thing is so annoying. Just because Ben and Leslie are getting married doesn’t mean their families are now family (this is something that bugs me in real life too). 

But Ulani is in it! She's so cheerful just like her name. I am a member of a Red Vines family, so I don't think I could have married Ben (or Ben's dad). It's cute how the whole group tells Ben "you better not hurt her." And he was like, "why would I hurt her, you are my friends too?" They are so protective of Leslie, makes my eyes watery.

I remember being really mad watching Partridge because I wanted Anna Kendrick to play his younger sister. Plus, his sister ended up being so forgettable. Ben's morphine storyline was great though. Price is Right brings back the same feelings for me.