Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: The Big Guns

(edited)

I'm sure that 99.9% of straight men would disagree, but I don't think its acceptable to ogle a female just because she's in a public place. I'm not sure I would even consider the neighbor to be in public, considering she was in her driveway on a boat owned by her parents.

There is a big difference between noticing an attractive person versus ogling them. I was at the gym this week, and a man decided to sit on the weight machine directly behind me and make no attempts to hide the fact that he was staring at my ass bounce on the elliptical. I tried to ignore it, but after it went on way too long and I got uncomfortable, I left. I was in public, yet I don't think its fair that I had to change my behavior to avoid this unwanted (and creepy) attention.

The show made it sound like Luke was just sitting there watching the neighbor for extended periods of time. IMO that is creepy and not comparable to noticing or glancing at an attractive person. I don't see how the onus to change the situation is put on the neighbor to change her behavior. Luke should avoid being creepy regardless of what the neighbor decides to wear on her boat. It's irrelevant to me whether or not her bathing suit was skimpy. One person's "skimpy" and "attention calling" is another person's fashion. (In my example above I was wearing yoga pants, which I consider workout wear- yet I have since heard/read about people complaining or  getting off on how scandalous yoga pants are for showing off the ass too much. A concept that would never have occurred to me.)

The rest of this storyline was even worse. Alex of all people should know better than to tell her brother to ignore the girl and then she'll like him.

I don't think that the episode was particularly harmful to the general public or anything, but I wish that it had been a little more progressive. This plot line felt straight out of a movie from the 80s.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 2

I was at the gym this week, and a man decided to sit on the weight machine directly behind me and make no attempts to hide the fact that he was staring at my ass bounce on the elliptical. I tried to ignore it, but after it went on way too long and I got uncomfortable, I left. I was in public, yet I don't think its fair that I had to change my behavior to avoid this unwanted (and creepy) attention.

Ick ick ick. How creepy indeed.

• Love 2