Type keyword(s) to search

Brad Pitt is Always Eating: Things Actors Do In Almost Every Movie

• Start Topic

I'm surprised Jimmy Kimmel hasn't had anything to say about that. Or is his feud with Matt Damon over now, since Matt kidnapped him and took over his show?

Ricky Getvais never shuts up. Seriously, no matter what movie and TV show he's in, he is always the same guy yammering on and on, making the awkward unfunny jokes.

I think that's Gervais's entire act, really. I mean, he doesn't say anything funny, so if he just witters on for long enough, someone will laugh.

Juliette Lewis is always...not quite right mentally. Seriously, is she acting???

I think you're right, and that's how she kinda is. Ironically, when she was on the TV series "Secrets and Lies," I didn't like her attempt to portray a level-headed and hard-nosed detective. Didn't work at all. 

• Love 1

Interesting. But I vaguely remember him and Sarah Jessica Parker in Striking Distance. However, they weren't married in that, and I could be wrong. So my bet is that it's coincidence rather than his reluctance to do sex scenes.

(edited)

In every movie with Dax Shepard in it, they seem to cast him as some sexy guy that women find appealling.  He seems to have been shirtless at some point in the movies I've seen.  He always seems miscast to me.

He has neither happening in Idiocracy or Let's Go to Prison.

I just realized that Jennifer Lopez has had an obsessed stalker at least 3 times: Selena, Enough, and The Boy Next Door.

You could even kinda argue this happens in the great movie Out of Sight, but the whole point is that George Clooney's character and her kind of stalk each other.  

Mark Ruffalo has been a very angsty, sad-sack kind of romantic interest in Just Like Heaven, 13 Going on 30, and Rumor Has It.  I think he's lighter and happier in A View from the Top, but that is a guy who is very comfortable playing second or third fiddle to a woman starring in a rom-com.

I'm also a fan of Sandra Bullock, but I'm going to look for evidence that she eats like a pig in all of her movies - for sure in Two Weeks Notice, maybe also All About Steve, Miss Congeniality, The Heat?  Wondering if anyone else knows better than I do. 

I'm sure Jack Black must sing in all of his movies, but I love him too.  High Fidelity, School of Rock obviously, The Holiday, Tenacious D.  Saving Silverman - they are in a Neil Diamond tribute band so I assume there, too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I'm also a fan of Sandra Bullock, but I'm going to look for evidence that she eats like a pig in all of her movies - for sure in Two Weeks Notice, maybe also All About Steve, Miss Congeniality, The Heat?  Wondering if anyone else knows better than I do. 

I don't know if this counts, but in "While You Were Sleeping," she dipped an Oreo cookie in her cat's milk bowl then ate it. And in another scene, she took a big sip of eggnog then spit it out. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I just fell down the rabbit hole known as TV Tropes and discovered that Bruce Willis never has sex with his spouse.

Heh. I read this and thought, 'wait, that can't be true. What about in... oh... well maybe... huh.'

I honestly can't think of a movie where he and his spouse are happy together (Die Hard II I guess, but they're never on screen together). It's part of his slovenly, deadbeat charm, I suppose. The bad marriage, the down-on-his-luck persona, the crappy job. He's made a career out of that stuff.

He ends up getting back together with his cheating wife in The Last Boy Scout, and he gets it on with Leeloo at the end of The Fifth Element. I suppose they sort of count.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 1

Mark Ruffalo has been a very angsty, sad-sack kind of romantic interest in Just Like Heaven, 13 Going on 30, and Rumor Has It.

Age of Ultron, too.

Every time I see this topic, I can never think of any until you all point it out, then I'm thinking "Oh yeah...he/she is always etc. etc.....!". 

• Love 1
I'm going to look for evidence that she eats like a pig in all of her movies

I don't think anyone got to eat in Speed (hi, I'm old).  Also, no pigging out in The Blind Side, but it wasn't that kind of movie.

• Love 2

No, I love Speed too.  But that's back when Sandra had zero control over her character.  Now she probably has total control.  I remember that Sandra chewed gum in that one, and then put gum on her seat so she didn't have to sit next to someone.

• Love 1

Following up on the thread title...I watched "Ocean's Eleven" again last night. Brad Pitt eats in at least 4 scenes. And he looks cute doing it, that bastard.

I listened to the DVD commentary when the movie came out and they discussed how the eating was a character trait. There is one scene where Pitt is eating shrimp cocktail, and the scene needed several takes so he ate a lot of shrimp. Soderbergh said he did it like a pro and didn't really whinge about it.

• Love 1

Seeing TV spots for Demolition and realizing it's the third Jake Gyllenhaal movie where he's mourning the tragic death of a wife or girlfriend, the first two being Moonlight Mile and Southpaw.

I read an interview with him where he even talked about taking on the Demolition role right after Southpaw and having to deal with a dead wife in both.

In Nocturnal Animals, he plays a man whose wife dies, too.  At least, if the novel inside the novel aspect of the book is followed in the movie.

Seeing the thumbnail for the Equals trailer reminded me that Kristen Stewart, like Shailene Woodley, has a love/sex scene in a LOT of the movies she does.

I do think Kristen Stewart's biggest strength as an actress is that she's able to generate chemistry with ANYONE, be it Jesse Eisenberg, Dakota Fanning, Eddie Redmayne, etc etc etc.

On 4/5/2016 at 1:33 AM, VCRTracking said:

Seeing TV spots for Demolition and realizing it's the third Jake Gyllenhaal movie where he's mourning the tragic death of a wife or girlfriend, the first two being Moonlight Mile and Southpaw.

You can add

Spoiler

Nocturnal Animals

to that list. It even includes an emotional shower scene, which he also did in Southpaw.

Watching Hidden Figures reminded me how often Kirsten Dunst plays a bitch. Little Women, 15 And Pregnant (her character was such a bitch I couldn't feel sympathy for her), Spiderman (I didn't see that about her but people have said they thought her Mary Jane was a total bitch), Mona Lisa Smile, and I'm sure more.

She'd also often scream at somebody, although I haven't seen her do that in awhile. (She does this at least in Interview With A Vampire, Little Women, 15 and Pregnant, All I Wanna Do, and Mona Lisa Smile.) I'm kind of surprised David O'Russell never snatched her up. He loves screaming.

Edited by methodwriter85

I don't think I ever really got that connection for Kirsten Dunst because movies like Bring It On and Drop Dead Gorgeous are usually the first ones I think of for her.

Edited by raezen
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Spiderman (I didn't see that about her but people have said they thought her Mary Jane was a total bitch)

Not sure how anyone got that since IIRC she did not do much in Spiderman 1 beside looking good wearing drenched dress in pouring rain.  In 2, she was basically a bait to lure Spidey (in 1 too, but more in 2).  In 3, she was supporting of Spidey despite the 2 timing Peter Parker (which did not make sense, but it was the opposite of bitchy).

I can't comment on the screaming since the gf/wife roles always scream in superheroes movies

• Love 3
On 1/14/2015 at 3:55 PM, topanga said:

Robin Williams, RIP, gets reprimanded for doing something unconventional that ultimately makes the world a better place.

Also, he always did 2-3 minutes of uninterrupted monologue / speech in every movie.  He even did it in Aladdin :D

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Sam Jackson gives a righteous speech. There are a lot of them. Most notably Pulp Fiction, to Snakes on a Plane. But my favorite will always be Deep Blue Sea (massive spoiler).

And he's usually yelling. Except in Pulp Fiction when he whispered during the diner scene. And in Jurassic Park--where he was actually likable. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, xaxat said:

Sam Jackson gives a righteous speech. There are a lot of them. Most notably Pulp Fiction, to Snakes on a Plane. But my favorite will always be Deep Blue Sea (massive spoiler).

We knew what happened to him the 1 time he did not make the speech towards the end of Revenge of the Sith.  :D  I am convinced we would have seen a different ending had he said to Anakin: "What the f^%$ are you doing standing there.  Kill the m%@$@# f^%$ing Sith Lord already"

:D :D :D

• Love 8
On 2/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, methodwriter85 said:

You can add

Reveal hidden contents

Nocturnal Animals

to that list. It even includes an emotional shower scene, which he also did in Southpaw.

Watching Hidden Figures reminded me how often Kirsten Dunst plays a bitch. Little Women, 15 And Pregnant (her character was such a bitch I couldn't feel sympathy for her), Spiderman (I didn't see that about her but people have said they thought her Mary Jane was a total bitch), Mona Lisa Smile, and I'm sure more.

She'd also often scream at somebody, although I haven't seen her do that in awhile. (She does this at least in Interview With A Vampire, Little Women, 15 and Pregnant, All I Wanna Do, and Mona Lisa Smile.) I'm kind of surprised David O'Russell never snatched her up. He loves screaming.

Kirsten definitely screams at people in Bring it On and is kind of a bitch, so I think I agree.  (I'm not DISSING the movie so please don't come after me)

• Love 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kirsten definitely screams at people in Bring it On and is kind of a bitch, so I think I agree.  (I'm not DISSING the movie so please don't come after me)

I really feel like I've seen her do that a lot. If we add in Bring It On (I haven't seen it in such a long time), there's at least  6 movies where she does. I don't think she went on a screaming rant in The Virgin Suicides, just pleading with her mother not to burn her records. (Although again, it's been a really long time since I've seen that.)

Again, I'm kind of surprised David O'Russell never snatched her up. Then again, she spent most of her 20's in this weird post-child star hangover. DOR likes his blonde ingenues to be "so mature they can play middle-aged women" and a "guy's gal"and she probably wouldn't have played the kind of shit that DOR apparently puts people through.

I also don't get how Amy in Little Women is not a bitch. Bitch burned her sister's manuscript that she had spent like 3 or 4 years of her life on and could never get back! I don't care if she's a child- that's insanely spiteful and mean behavior. Not to mention she cons Meg into giving her money to buy limes despite knowing full well that they were not allowed in class.

She doesn't scream at people in Hidden Figures, but her character is pretty bitchy in that one too.

The funny thing is, I actually like Kirsten Dunst and I'm glad she's making movies again. I always thought her fallow period during her last half of her 20's was mainly about taking some time to breathe and deal with the craziness of having been pretty much in steady work since she was like 9. Seriously, check her IMDB. She did so much work as a kid and as a teenager.

It's kind of funny when you think about her career, though, because she really DIDN'T make her name in sweet, girl-next-door roles the way most cute young blonde girls do. She always had a bit of an edge to her. Even in Jumanji her character was this pathological liar in order to cope with her parents' untimely deaths.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5
(edited)

Diane Lane is a beautiful older woman in an unhappy marriage who contemplates having an affair. Could be a comedy, could be a drama. She also gets her lust for life reinvigorated, possibly to scenes set in Europe.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 7
On 1/16/2015 at 0:20 PM, Spartan Girl said:

James Franco always squints

This concept was created by Clint Eastwood.

Several years ago, TBS or TNT would show mini-marathons (about 3) of movies starring actors like Arnold (The Evolution of Arnold), Tom Hanks (Hanksgiving) and give them a silly name as you just saw.  When they ran a mini-marathon of Eastwood movies, they called it the "Squint Along With Clint" marathon.

• Love 2

Greg Kinnear is the second-fiddle man in both You've Got Mail (to the real main love interest, Tom Hanks) and Sabrina (to the real main love interest, Harrison Ford).  I was trying to make a case for Bill Pullman (Sleepless in Seattle) but he actually ends up getting the woman in While You Were Sleeping.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/16/2017 at 0:28 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Julianne Moore is a beautiful older woman who does have an affair.

I think The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio is the only time I've seen her play an unhappy housewife who manages to not only not have an affair, but manage to patch things up with her husband. Of course, that was based on real life.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2016 at 3:46 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Mark Ruffalo has been a very angsty, sad-sack kind of romantic interest in Just Like Heaven, 13 Going on 30, and Rumor Has It.  I think he's lighter and happier in A View from the Top, but that is a guy who is very comfortable playing second or third fiddle to a woman starring in a rom-com.

I finally got around to seeing Rumor Has It and you're right. He's kind of like the American Gen X-er equivalent to Colin Firth, who's always the uptight man who winds up being the one you should chose instead of the rakish one.

• Love 1

Dave Franco has three expressions he does a lot.

1.) Cocky, sly grin with narrowed eyes if he's playing an asshole

2.) Bashful puppy dog

3.) Wounded puppy dog

He really does know how to work those big brown eyes of his.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I just watched this trailer for a Nick Robinson movie and I realized that Rosario has been the black love interest to a white male in at least three other movies I can think of.

Her and Zoe Saldana, who's also been the beautiful black love interest to the white male lead in a lot of movies.

Also, Sam Claflin dies. Like, a lot.

• Love 2