Type keyword(s) to search

Brad Pitt is Always Eating: Things Actors Do In Almost Every Movie

• Start Topic

I listened to a podcast episode that mentioned things certain actors do in almost every movie:

• Bratt Pitt eats
  • Tom Cruise runs
  • Tom Hanks always finds a place to take a piss

And I've thought a few more:

• Julia Roberts does her famous belly laugh
  • The wide-angle shot of Denzel Washington walking. Usually in slow-motion. And usually while he's wearing sunglasses.
  • Billy Crystal wears a hat
  • Robin Williams, RIP, gets reprimanded for doing something unconventional that ultimately makes the world a better place.
  • Samuel L. Jackson yells
  • Taye Diggs does a little dance
  • Reese Witherspoon sticks out her tongue. Or makes some other goofy face.
  • Love 2

<p>

[*]The wide-angle shot of Denzel Washington walking. Usually in slow-motion. And usually while he's wearing sunglasses.

[*]Samuel L. Jackson yells

Denzel - that walk is why I still find him sexy despite the fact that his bottom lip seems to be sinking into his head

Sam - the man yells "muthafucka!" better than anyone:

http://youtu.be/c0LBi1MHoaU

Edited by spaceytraci1208
  • Love 1

Cameron Diaz ends up dancing at some point in every movie I have seen her in.

Sean Bean gets killed.

He didn't get killed in Percy Jackson, but usually...

I seem to remember Guy Pearce gets punched a lot.

Denzel - that walk is why I still find him sexy despite the fact that his bottom lip seems to be sinking into his head

Stop it!  Now I can't unsee it.  I'm not one to use swagger as a descriptor, but that's what I think of during the Denzel walk.  He has always been objectively attractive to me, but it's the walk that gets me every time.  

• Love 2

Stop it! Now I can't unsee it. I'm not one to use swagger as a descriptor, but that's what I think of during the Denzel walk. He has always been objectively attractive to me, but it's the walk that gets me every time.

"Swagger" is the only way to describe it lol. I think it's a great word, despite the recent bastardization of it."Swag" is for children...grown-ups have "swagger"

• Love 2

Julianne Moore always cheats on her husband

Kristen Stewart always lets her mouth hang open like a zombie from The Walking Dead

Seth Rogen always does that laugh

Jason Biggs is always humiliated in some way

James Franco always squints

Tobey Maguire always does that weird screaming/cry-face

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

In every movie with Dax Shepard in it, they seem to cast him as some sexy guy that women find appealling.  He seems to have been shirtless at some point in the movies I've seen.  He always seems miscast to me.

• Love 1

Weird coincidence last night:  I was telling my family about this thread and used the "Brad Pitt is always eating" example.  My son, who was on his iPad, but had the volume down enough so he could hear us if we said something, said "Mom...I'm watching a video right now about how to make a Brad Pitt film."  I asked if they'd said anything about the eating.  He said "Not yet..." then a minute or so later, I get "Yep--here it is now".  He sent me the link and it's kind of "meh", but they do spend about a minute or so showing clips of his eating/drinking scenes :)

Other than John Travolta dancing, my mind is blank right now--I guess I either don't pay close enough attention or I don't remember it from one film to the next.

Edited by Shannon L.

Rachel McAdams has played at least 3 artists.

Kristen Stewart always lets her mouth hang open like a zombie from The Walking Dead

This is a nice summation of Kristen Stewart's acting/talking in real life tics:

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

From a recent article on Johnny Depp,

If there were a recipe for creating a Johnny Depp role, it would read as follows: Add one part heavy makeup, two parts hammy accent, and one vanity cane (or other old-timey gentleman’s prop). Combine with a slightly altered gait and cartoonish facial expressions. Season with facial hair (to taste).

I listened to a podcast episode that mentioned things certain actors do in almost every movie:

• Bratt Pitt eats
  • Tom Cruise runs

Supercuts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJdMDvjfyQ0

Teri Garr wears a robe. I can't find evidence, but she wears one in Young Frankenstein, Close Encounters, The Black Stallion, Mr. Mom,  and Tootsie.

Also Dermott Mulroney dies. So many times.

Liam Neeson; "I will hunt you down and kill you" in every movie.

Poor King Kong falls off of a building in every movie.

Edited by xls
  • Love 1

• Tom Cruise runs

Tom Cruise also always rides a motorbike.

Keanu Reeves always says, 'whoaa'. I'd put money on him even saying it in Dangerous Liaisons.

Since the late 80s, Al Pacino always yells at the top of his voice, thinking that constitutes acting.

I've just noticed that Kirsten Dunst has a habit of playing rather bitchy characters (Spiderman, Bachelorette, Interview with the Vampire, Mona Lisa Smile)

You can also add her t.v. movie 15 and Pregnant (I wanted to slap the shit out of her).

• Love 2

Jennifer Lawrence gets a close up of her character aiming a weapon with a look of determination in many of her films. Hunger Games, Winter's Bone, The Poker House and now Joy.

I'm still going "WTF" when I look at that trailer, and try to reconcile it with the story of a Home Shopping Network Queen. The whole story feels like it should be a warm-hearted Hallmark Channel film starring Lacey Chabert. Why is it a gritty David O. Russell film?

Edited by methodwriter85

Matt Damon is always getting lost somewhere and needs to be saved.

There needs to be a parody about this.

Also watched Back to the Future III and realized again that Mary Steenburgen has played a time traveler's wife twice. She's tied with Rachel McAdams there.

Ricky Getvais never shuts up. Seriously, no matter what movie and TV show he's in, he is always the same guy yammering on and on, making the awkward unfunny jokes.

Oh thank God, it's not just me who has this opinion!

• Love 1

Matt Damon is always getting lost somewhere and needs to be saved.

There needs to be a parody about this.

I saw a FB meme not too long ago that said "Between Saving Private Ryan, Interstellar and The Martian, America has spent a lot of money saving Matt Damon"

I agree, though--College Humor or some site like it needs to do a parody. 

• Love 1