Type keyword(s) to search

Eye Candy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Uggggghhhh Jake sucks, I want him to go away. He wasn't even in this episode and he managed to annoy me. 

More Tommy screen time please! It was a shit episode

but at least Tommy is going to be semi-naked next week (and now I feel bad for objectifying him). 

And also, how they manage to have another storyline that barely connects to the hook of their show, I have no idea. 

This was an alright episode, but I hope they just stick to the main Flirtual killer plot from now on.

Speaking of the Flirtual killer, I can't really explain how he/she was able to spy on Lindy in the hospital.

• Love 1

Might have more to say later but for now. Lindy you dumbass, if you realize the pillows are what are poisoning Tommy at least try to push him off the bed before you go looking for your phone. Maybe stop the exposure to the poison perhaps. Adios British guy whose name I don't know, I am here to watch Tommy, not you!

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 2

The show is such a guilty pleasure for me!

The actors are all way too young to be employed at their respective workplaces (apart from the chief of the police unit), but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the camp.

What is funny, I know I should be guessing who is the killer (is it someone we've seen already, is it a totally outside character?) but I'm past that. At this point I can theorize it's someone we think is dead ;)

• Love 2

Tommy was hot. The australian guy was not (though lets face it, only because I compared him to Tommy). I wish I could feel sorry for him having to watch his relationship crash (lol, not really)

This is still the only reason I am watching. 

Also, wow was the writing heavy handed with the new blonde chick who's name I've forgotten. 

• Love 2

What is funny, I know I should be guessing who is the killer (is it someone we've seen already, is it a totally outside character?) but I'm past that. At this point I can theorize it's someone we think is dead ;)

I'm assuming you're referring to Ben? That's an interesting theory and a definite possibility. I wonder what his motive would be to fake his own death and stalk Lindy.

• Love 1

I'm assuming you're referring to Ben? That's an interesting theory and a definite possibility. I wonder what his motive would be to fake his own death and stalk Lindy.

Yes, I kind of think it may be him - it would have been almost impossible, he must have accomplices in the force, but let's face it - there were more crazy thigs done on other tv shows...

• Love 1
(edited)

I get why Lindy was upset about withholding possible leads regarding her sister and that she was almost bated into committing a felony. But, with regard to her reaction before she saw that last file with Ben's post arrest interview, I'm kind of baffled by her immediate indignation that she was targeted and surveilled. Um, she was a criminal hacker who was ultimately arrested.   It seemed like she already knew he'd been investigating her the whole time she dated Ben.  Did she think Ben was just a really good guesser? Or did she somehow delude herself (or Ben deluded her) into thinking that Ben dated her and then realized what she did?  (Which, really... which is worse, a cop targeting you for investigation and then falling for you, or your cop boyfriend deciding to investigate you once you're already dating?)

Also, I don't think it was meant to, but this episode made me like Ben even less than I already did.  The pilot already put me off him since it introduced him as what appeared to be a PO acting inappropriately with a probation assignment. (The whole bit with her ankle monitor and his creepy holding of her ankle was initiated before it became clear that they had a pre-existing relationship, so it was super creepy.)  His whole vibe came across oddly.  He was moony and still in wuv with Lindy, despite having arrested her, and she was way too willing to get back together in my opinion, especially since it's only now that it has become clear that he, at least to some degree, ran interference for her and minimized her arrest. Even in the pilot, it seemed out of character for Lindy, even then and more so now that we've seen more of her, that she'd not hold a bigger grudge.

After the flashbacks, I'm even less inclined to him.  He was sort of a dick to Tommy by blaming him for whatever happened with the prior investigation, cut him off at the knees by swooping in on Lindy, and seduced her and betrayed her anyway.  Also, what's with the watery eyes and strident delivery?  He was just annoying.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

Jake seems like a non-entity now so awesome. 

Tessa was really annoying and I hope she dies, though for a bit I did think that she was the murderer/stalker. 

Yay, an actual connection to the story's premise. Finally. After an, IMO, excessive amount of episodes about unrelated things, I'm glad we're back to the main storyline. I wouldn't mind so much if it were a longer season, or the storyline wasn't affecting Lindy so much (e.g. it was more of a case of the week thing, than a there's this person stalking me thing). 

Tommy looked wonderful, as always. I feel like the episode was trying to make Tommy look bad, but I'm going to ignore that, because, well, Tommy. 

Does anyone think that we'll find out who the killer is at the end of the season? I'm not sure, but I seriously do not think that the show could get away with not telling us. 

• Love 1

Now I'm pretty positive Ben's somehow alive and the killer --

a) they brought him back in flashbacks so that the audience remembers who he is

b) he was shown in juxtaposition to Tommy, as if Tommy was bad and Ben good

c) the way the killer is fascinated with Lindy mirrors the way Ben was fascinated by her

d) the wording when the killer says "they're all liars, even HIM" - at first Ben was shown as an illustration to the term, but then the scene played out so that Tommy was shown to be a liar - TO BEN. As if the phrase "they're all liars" refered to Tommy and the Captain. Furthermore, the killer went on saying "he'd do anything to save you", switching back to describing Ben.

e) St. Christopher's necklace and the story - a presence that guards. The killer is such a presence over Lindy, in his opinion.

The previews hinted at the killer being revealed next episode, but it may be a red herring. Or the killer may not be working alone.

• Love 4
(edited)

Tommy looked wonderful, as always. I feel like the episode was trying to make Tommy look bad, but I'm going to ignore that, because, well, Tommy. 

Also this.  I agree that the show wanted us to be mad at him and think Lindy was justified in her anger; but I was totally all "What?  He's a cop doing his job and also... Tommy." Seriously, if he can make me watch this show without remorse, I don't understand how he can't make Lindy simmer the hell down. 

ETA:  Interesting analysis Ariah.  I like it.  Except to the extent that I think it shows more subtlety than I suspect this show is capable of, I can totally buy that.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3

Hi Ariah! Ever since you brought up your theory about Ben being the killer in last week's episode thread, it really stuck with me that perhaps he is the killer after all. I've suspected everyone at some point, but after watching last night's episode with all the flashbacks, everything seems to point to Ben being the Flirtual killer.

It almost seems to me that if Ben is the killer, he was showing Lindy all this information regarding her arrest to make himself look like the good guy and Tommy and Catherine as the bad guys who were just using her to get to Bubonic, the hacker. It wouldn't surprise me if he was working with Bubonic all this time.

• Love 1

Hi Ariah! Ever since you brought up your theory about Ben being the killer in last week's episode thread, it really stuck with me that perhaps he is the killer after all. I've suspected everyone at some point, but after watching last night's episode with all the flashbacks, everything seems to point to Ben being the Flirtual killer.

It almost seems to me that if Ben is the killer, he was showing Lindy all this information regarding her arrest to make himself look like the good guy and Tommy and Catherine as the bad guys who were just using her to get to Bubonic, the hacker. It wouldn't surprise me if he was working with Bubonic all this time.

Usually in crime fiction, the killer is someone we know / have seen before the big reveal.

Looking at the current suspects, I'm sticking with Ben (because it's shocking as he's dead...). Another "unlikely" suspect would be the roommate. Or they may be working together.

At this point I'm not looking for logic that much...

(edited)

This show is getting gooood!

I waver on it being Ben. But the thing that works against it is that he couldn't go out Especially at the club to pickup "dates" to kill women like Tessa. At some point someone would see him. Plus it's not like his "dead" body was missing. The cops found it.

On the other hand the killer "killed" Ben but seems to keep making sure Lindy knows how much Ben loved her.

Ariah, you makes a good case for it being Ben, but I REALLY don't want it to be Ben. I really don't want it to be Tommy either. Anyone else, ok.

I am really getting into this show. too bad only 3 more episodes.

Edited by MzLiz
(edited)

Ok. The make out session with Tommy and Lindy was hot. He likes her, no question.

I'm not crazy about the other guy. Forget him name. Ben, yes, Tommy, yes, the other guy, no. Something about him sets the alarm bells off. I don't think he's the flirtual killer, just not right.

Edited by MzLiz

Now I'm pretty positive Ben's somehow alive and the killer --

I was actually thinking this too, so I was trying to remember how Ben died in the first episode.  I know that his throat was slit, and didn't the cops find his body?  I'm not sure how he would fake his death, but I don't care as long as they don't make Tommy the killer.  Like many of you, I'm here for Tommy!

I won't be too upset if the killer takes out Lindy's friends.  The Aussie girl and the one who has a thing for the cop on her protective detail are idiots.  They don't seem to be taking things very seriously when there is a serial killer running around killing people associated with Lindy.

Dayum!

As much as I didn't want it to be Ben a part of me did just so we'd see him again and it would be an interesting twist.

So it's Jake...which was so obvious, I discounted him immediately. And she slept with him. At least I think she did.

Now I'm confused. Why was he always putting Ben in a good light.

I'm a little disappointed. Now we know. Where do we go from here. I've gotten to love this show...and next week is the season finale..sigh. I will miss you.

Unless there is another twist next week (like he's not the flirtual killer but is a killer and the kidnapper of those women, including Sara). Hmmm. Because I thought the flirtual killer would never hurt Lindy.

• Love 2

I must say I'm disappointed they made Jake the assilant - it's too obvious! (I used to play Murder Mystery Dinner Games with my friends and "it's too obvious" phrase was common in use to discount a suspect with too many clues pointing at him or her)

I too hope for a final twist - there should be one. At least have two killers working together.

Waiting for Jake's injury to come into bigger play, it's a Chekhov's injury!

Not enough Tommy. 

I don't mind it being Jake.  Yeah he was sort of an obvious answer all the way back from the beginning. Alibied out or no, it seemed odd that he stayed around but never really seemed necessary.  And any normal guy would have been out the fucking door when the girl with whom he had ONE date got him arrested and then told him she was being stalked by a serial killer ghost ninja (™ PLL board). I kinda guessed it was him when he suddenly had connections to get her info for Hart Island and then was up for a grave digging field trip.

Also, did anyone else think it was odd that the sergeant wrote "Jake" as if he was a friend or close acquaintance?  Why not his full name?  Or if not full, then last name?  I guess the show thought we wouldn't remember his last name, but the other cop could have clarified verbally.  I know. I'm over thinking this show.

ETA:  It just occurred to me that Jake probably stepped into the street in front of the cyclist in order to create an explanation for the injuries he got during his attack on the sergeant.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

^ That's what I thought about Jake's injury too as soon as Lindy saw it.

I think I suspected everyone on this show as the Flirtual killer except for Jake who I thought was just too obvious. It kind of reminds me of the movie Scream with Billy, Sidney's boyfriend, being the killer and we find out about it after they slept with each other.

Now that we know who the killer is, I'm curious to know if he's working with someone else and what his motive is for doing all of this.

Poor man's Jamie Dornan started pinging my radar this episode when he was all "I'll go with you to the end of the line, Lindy."  O...kay.  That's a bit creepy.  But then I thought that Jake had an alibi because it seemed like the murder of the Aussie girl (which was bizarre...even if you're dying, who begs a serial killer to murder them?!) happened while he was hooking up with Lindy.  I can't believe that Lindy woke up in the morning feeling like she was hungover even though she didn't drink the night before, and she didn't seem to find that suspicious at all. 

ETA:  It just occurred to me that Jake probably stepped into the street in front of the cyclist in order to create an explanation for the injuries he got during his attack on the sergeant.

Ohhh, yeah, I think that you're right about that.  I wondered what that was all about, but I didn't connect the dots!  I thought that the sergeant was a goner, so I was impressed with her fighting back.  I am really surprised that Jake didn't show up to the hospital to finish the job, though, since she had seen his face during the attack.  

I'm sad because it doesn't look like we'll get much on the Tommy/Lindy front with next week being the finale, and I'm not sure that this show will be renewed for a second season.  

I'm glad it was Jake. I feel as though all of my strong hate for him is validated.

And WTF Lindy? You've known this guy for what? 9 weeks (if the show is real time which is what it seems like), you've been dating him 4 weeks, he was once suspected to be a murderer, and you feel comfortable telling him everything about your dead sister?

As always, not enough Tommy. Never enough Tommy. 

• Love 2

Oh, and did anyone else though that once Tommy entered the 'execute' code something bad was going to happen? Like someone was going to be executed in the other sense of the term?

• Love 4

I thought it was a big leap for Tommy to assume it just had to be Jake. Also, as many of you have said, it's super obvious. Plus, who killed glioblastoma girl, if Jake and Lindy where out of town and getting it on during that time.

I really hope there's a partner.

I suspected it was Tommy, or maybe Ben, back from "the dead" as is often common in R.L. Stein books.

Well jake was coming back in from somewhere the next morning, so he could have gone there and come back. He could have drugged Lindy so she wouldn't know he was gone.

Though I still think there is a twist coming.

I suspected it was Jake because of the way he reacted to the kiss.  After all, he had the motive then to destroy Lindy's trust in Tommy since he could see them getting close.  

And yes, she is an idiot to trust this guy who was sketchy from the time he randomly showed up at her door to cook for her.  Who does that?

And finally, I am sad that there is only one more episode and we will probably get little resolution since it seems from the ratings this show isn't going to get a second season.  Pity, I was just really getting into it.  

It was a pretty good episode! The whole cycling crash up is what solidified it being Jake for me. There was still a small part of me that was wondering if they did that to throw us off, and make Jake into a red herring than the actual killer. But I'm totally fine with him being the killer.

Count me in as someone who thinks there could be an accomplice still running around. Haymish is pretty sketch, and I have a feeling that wasn't the end of Babylon.

I liked the Tommy/Connor team up.

Cons: the whole Tessa/Sophia storyline. It was entirely unnecessary in the grand scheme of things.

The detective chief was awesome, but why would she step directly out in front of a giant truck?

Can someone help me out? I got a bit distracted at the end of the episode and missed a bit. But it seems that Sara was not as kidnapped as we thought she was. Was there anything else important that I missed? I missed all of what happened after she got out of the van.

^ Sara got out of the van and who I think is her boyfriend drives up to her, gets out of his car, they kiss and she tells him that "Now Lindy will be safe."

I don't even know what she meant by that, but the only person I can think of who Sara would want to keep Lindy safe from is their father. I think I remember at the beginning of the series, they spoke about how they didn't have a good relationship with their dad.

• Love 1

Yes, but no matter the reason, leaving Lindy to believe she was kidnapped is a terrible thing. Not only what it's done to Lindy mentally, but she's spent years (and broken laws/become a convicted criminal) all just to find her.

• Love 2

Geez, Jake was super crazy.  Little Jake killing his mother?  Didn't see that coming, but I should have.  

I love George and his reaction to the dead body was great.

Even though I really don't care very much about the kidnapping of Lindy's sister, I hope that this show is renewed for another season.  If it is renewed, I hope that they follow the same format and have the big story focus on some sort of murderer or criminal with the kidnapping staying in the background.

I'm torn, I want the show back I think.  I know I want to see more Tommy.  But Lindy started to really bug me the last few episodes.  Granted, I don't want to see anyone yell at Tommy or see him sad, so her anger at him was never going to be my favorite thing, but something about the way Victoria Justice played angry/righteous or whatever that was supposed to be really bugged me.  I didn't even like the way she played off of Jake.  She didn't bother me as much in the beginning of the season, but I found myself increasingly annoyed with her as the show went on. 

And I near wanted to slap her with her "I can only forgive you if you save Sophia" crap.  It came across less noble and more snotty and manipulative.  And it wasn't just my affront on Tommy's behalf, I just didn't like the words or the delivery.  I was looking for signs that she was trying to communicate something to him, maybe that she had a plan and part of it was him playing along, but it really seemed as if she was saying "I'll forgive you for doing your job if you do what I say this time."  I think there was just something missing from the way she said it to convince me that she meant that she couldn't handle it if Sophia died which made it seem more like a test for Tommy and his loyalty.

This episode was the most I have liked Connor, however.  I didn't dislike him previously; I just didn't think about him much.  And as unrealistic as it was, I enjoyed George and his nergasim over the super computer - even if I did want him to stop with the fucking witty quips and focus on the problem at hand, namely that Lindy and Sophia were trapped on an island with a psychopath.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

I'm torn, I want the show back I think.  I know I want to see more Tommy.  But Lindy started to really bug me the last few episodes. 

I am struggling with the same issue want it to come back to see more Tommy, but don't know if I can endure watching Lindy anymore! Does any one know how the ratings look?

• Love 2

Pretty solid ep. Is it wrong that I hope that's not the last we see of Jake? I feel like there's still more to him. Connor's grown on me. Lindy's sis better have a legitimate excuse for what she's done. Poor Lindy.

I wouldn't mind a second season. I wonder if they would get a larger episode order if they got one. I kinda liked how it was 10 eps.

So we don't know who killed Reese or whatever his name was? Did I hear that correctly?

I liked this episode but they left a lot unsaid.  For example, how and when did Lindy coordinate with George?  I mean, Jake took her away from the island at gunpoint. Not sure he would just leave her alone with a phone/computer, right? 

As for Reese, I thought that it meant that Jake could have coordinated his killing by paying for it to be done.  

Also, did anyone get creepy vibes from the computer?  I thought it was kinda AI so it was actually the one watching when Jake was kissing Lindy, etc.

And finally, why oh why didn't Lindy take Tommy up on his offer for help?  I mean, does the girl not have eyes.  Hottie detective as a sidekick is not a bad idea at all. 

• Love 1

I did find the coordinated plan strange. But I guess if Lindy had time to unload Jake's gun and steal the bullets, then she had time to swipe a phone and call for help? Maybe she still had Tessa's phone on her. Or maybe Jake is so wiggity-wack that he didn't believe Lindy would do something like that after she "chose" him. Heck, when he gets caught he seems to be half angry, half "that's my girl"-amused that she'd set him up. Like, maybe it's all part of a plan?

Who knows.

When I was watching it I actually thought the whole "I'll never stop looking for you" was going to be the end of the episode, but then I realized they still had like, 10 minutes left. That's probably one of the reasons I thought he set seemed a little jarring. How much time had passed, a few days?

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I guess i Lindy had time to unload Jake's gun and steal the bullets

This is such a popular trope that bugs me because a gun without bullets? Much lighter than one with them. And there's no way it won't get noticed right away when the gun-toting psychopath picks it up.