Type keyword(s) to search

Episode 1 Synopsis:

With one of the biggest nights in the social calendar just around the corner, there are some last minute dress fittings, facials, pedicures and big misunderstandings over tickets as the girls get ready to attend Dawn Ward’s Crème De la Crème Charity Ball.

Caught the episode online.

Well, they sure didn't waste any time launching into the drama.

Season Preview

Quick interview with the ladies. 

Edited by quetzal

Caught the latest ep on YouTube.

Ampika's reveal that she was a mistress...what the hell did she think was going to come out of dropping that bomb at her own party? She seemed to be trying to point the fingers at others for messing up the party, but: 1. Magali barely set foot in the door before launching in. Why was she upset with Magali? 2. The rare meat. I would think a proper hostess would let their guests know in advance what was on the menu in the event of dietary or restrictions due to allergies. Then again, I'm a commoner so what do I know?

Dawn strikes me as a Queen wannaBee. Her home is lovely but she and her sidekick Leanne, who seems to be itching for another go round with Magali, bug.

• Love 2

I wish Magali would give Leanne a good telling off. I'm sick of her harping on the free ticket thing when its essentially been settled. I don't know why that what such a big deal to begin with.

Dawn seems like the typical "mom-ager" pushing her child to fulfill her dreams of fame.

Ampika is a mess.

I think I like Tanya the best. She's funny and down to earth. Love that she didn't pull any punches at dinner.

• Love 3

Let the spiders eat each other. Never heard that saying before. I like it. I expect to see friction in Dawn and Leanne's friendship before long.

Tanya is a hoot. It's refreshing to watch the show without the bleeping. It reminds me of Melbourne.

After the controversy Lauren's 'Bolton' comment caused leading up to the premiere is it wrong of me to laugh out loud after hearing it in context? I don't take her seriously and I don't think she does either. A pet rabbit she walks like a dog? I like levity in my Housewives shows so she can stay for now.

I forgot about Darby's group. Not to kill a kid's dreams but they sounded a hot mess and should keep their sights on uni.

Edited by quetzal
  • Love 2

First Leanne says she's willing to "move past" the ticket argument…which was none of her damn business to begin with! Then she brings it up at the book signing with extreme attitude. Girl, have all the seats.

• Love 4

Leanne confides in Tanya over Magali's allegations. Malika and Lauren take a trip to the local animal sanctuary, while Dawn has a heart to heart with Ashley about her health issues. Leanne hosts a charity auction for the stylish ladies of Cheshire but after their showdown will Magali snub the event entirely. Plus, there's a pregnancy scare for one of the Housewives.

am i the only one watching this anymore? it's such a guilty pleasure

i really did think magali would show up to leann's event for drama alone. and i am wondering if "table dancer" is code for stripper. i like tanya and her goofiness and that she can poke fun at her horse teeth. the show seems to be hinting towards some marriage issues for Lauren and i am so over her bunny on a leash. I am with ampika, how many more kids does Dawn want?! 

• Love 1

I'm watching, but I barely paid any attention to this episode. I thought Leanne was more than a bit disingenuous about Magali showing up at her charity event. Don't all the wives have to attend most, if not all, of these shindigs? She should have known/expected Magali to put in an appearance. I'm actually surprised she didn't show.

• Love 2

I was surprised that Magali didn't show, especially as it's the first season and they all have to host their own individual event. I assumed they would all have to attend each of them. I'm glad, though - she probably realises that showing up would only give more airtime to Leanne.

I have no idea what a "table dancer" is... a stripper? I love that Magali didn't even bring it up on camera (from what we've seen, anyway), and merely had to mention Leanne's "reputation" and it got Leanne paranoid and spilling the dirt herself.

• Love 5

I didn't mind Dawn this episode. I find the discussion about fertility to be a touchy one and was a little put off by how Ampika IMO tried to dismiss Dawn's feelings about becoming a mother again. I don't think she should, but ultimately she's going to have to weigh the pros and cons with respect to her health and her life.

I missed Tanya talking about her horse teeth but she's pretty damn self aware. I like her so far, though I'm a bit cautious because it seems like Leanne is rallying up the girls to take her side in this unnecessary "feud" between her and Magali and one thing I've picked up on Magali so far is that she is not one for bullshit. I hate that most of what we've seen so far of her has been her being reactive to everyone. Her husband seems like a sweetheart.

• Love 1

Frozen pizza, Lauren? So cold (no pun intended). I'd like to think she can take what she throws out judging by her response to Tanya calling her a snob. 

Leanne is my least favorite and I don't see that changing anytime soon. In the words of a wise man, "Don't start no shit, won't be no shit."

Ampika is probably second least. She just doesn't radiate positivity to me at all. I get that Dawn thinks she's important and used to being the boss but I think Ampika's just being contrary just to stick it to her. And of course there may be some resentment that Dawn has the husband and intact family that Ampika wants. From reading an interview on another site Ampika doesn't have a relationship with her mother and her dad was against her doing this show.

Tanya keeps the one liners coming. I like her self-awareness.

• Love 2

I like Tanya a lot, she cracks me up.

And IA about Leanne. She continues to start shit then cries to everyone about how mean Magali is for not swallowing Leanne's BS with a smile on her face and a song in her heart.

• Love 1

I love Lauren. She's a bit dim but she's confident enough to speak her mind which is a hell of a lot more than the rest of the women do.

Dawn came into this thinking she'd be the Queen Bee and I love that no one is having it. LeAnne is her sycophant I think that's the only reason they get along so well.  I noticed LeAnne stayed a the table just long enough to see what, if anything, would be reported back to Dawn

I really don't get why these women were put together; they don't seem to like each other very much. They should reset this show with Tanya and her friends and get rid of the rest of these hags. They all pretend they're too good to be on this show, too good to associate with the other women but they want the attention so badly they cannot quit. 

Lauren was needlessly cruel. The frozen pizza comment was just rude and low. She just seems like a stupid mean girl who thinks she can say things because she is just so honest when really she just wants to be a bitch. 

Magali is so aggressive right away, i can sort of understand why Leann gets so defensive. Ampika seems obsessed with her ex, not the other way round. She also looks older than the 33 she says she is. I think it's very common for women to struggle with the idea of a hysterectomy so i can understand where Dawn is coming from but it does seem like she is used to being the Queen Bee. Tanya is a riot

I hate family photo shoots with matching white t-shirts and jeans, so cheesy.

At the end of the lunch with Magali, Tanya and Leanne, I thought Leanne looked slightly annoyed that the argument had come to an end - probably because she hadn't provoked Magali into saying anything bad about her. I laughed out loud when Magali gave the middle finger to the camera.

Lauren trying to get Dawn to wrap up the story was funny to me because I hate when people add too many unecessary details to a story and I just want them to get to the point!

• Love 1

Lauren trying to get Dawn to wrap up the story was funny to me because I hate when people add too many unecessary details to a story and I just want them to get to the point!

I wonder if Dawn would've been more offended by Lauren or by OC Vicki who pretends to fall asleep when someone's storytelling gets too tedious? At least Lauren's approach was more direct? *snicker*

Enough, Ampika. I'm over the friction between her and Dawn.

Leanne was tolerable this episode and I like her (and Dawn's) hair. I grimaced a bit at how she (or Tanya, can't remember) said Magali was turning over a new leaf. I think it was more that Magali was allowed to relax and be herself and not be placed on the defensive where she's been since episode 1. I'd like to see more of her family and learn more about her journey from Holland to the UK.

Lauren is rude and inconsiderate, but I still can't dislike her. I think she can be calculating but she does have some bit of self-awareness. I liked that she mentioned her ears would be burning as she was leaving the girls' weekend for Arizona.

BTW, what's going on in Arizona? Is it the real estate? The dry weather?

Can't wait until Melbourne starts back up in a few days to see the "ultimate drag queen," Gina. There's no one who's my clear away favorite here yet even though I find Tanya to be a riot.

ETA: Eek, I look like a loser. Last person to comment on all the episodes here so far. 

Edited by quetzal
  • Love 1

Anyone saying "don't get aggressive with me" automatically makes the other person get agressive so i wasn't surprised Dawn was so pissed with Ampika. it's like Ampika just wanted to keep pushing Dawn's buttons. Lauren annoys me, i dislike women who act ditzy like her and then use it to excuse rude behavior.  

I grimaced a bit at how she (or Tanya, can't remember) said Magali was turning over a new leaf.

I agree. That got an eye roll from me.

I felt bad for Dawn and her shock at Ampika. Ampika was clearly trying to start something with Dawn and then kept talking over Magali - something she accused Dawn of always doing.

I hate how, across all the franchises, when everything is going smoothly and everyone is getting along, someone always has to point it out. It's awkward and always leads to a rehash of why things didn't go well before.

On another note, I thought all the rooms in the hotel were hideous. And I really dislike all of the Housewives' interior decorating as well. I'm not impressed with the way they're all dressing, also. And their hair. And make-up. And jewellery. 

Ampika is trying to secure her spot if this show gets a second season by fighting with who she perceives as the "big dog".

Leanne can STFU about Magali. Magali isn't the shit-stirrer in th group…Leanne.

Lauren was right that everyone would talk shit after she left, but why was Ampika telling Lauren's business? Totally inappropriate.

• Love 1

Dawn is so used to surrounding herself with "yes men" that she has no idea what reality is. She takes everything personally, and makes every issue about her. I'm soooo sick of Dawn. 

Tanya and Magali are my faves - they're the only two that don't seem to escalate things unnecessarily. But that little blond,  Leanne, is a non stop sh#t stirrer! I honestly don't see how Tanya stands being around her. 

Everyone always acts so surprised when they're getting along with Magali, yet Magali is the one that seems the easiest to get along with! :D These women confuse me. 

• Love 4

Well, I'm still in a haze about this episode.

I can get Tanya being annoyed at Dawn poking her but I didn't expect her to react as strongly as she did. Is Dawn that big of a pain in the ass? Discuss. LOL.

After being in the hot seat in the beginning of the series it seems like Magali is keeping a low profile and taking mental notes of the infighting between the other ladies. I have a feeling that the focus on Magali's shock at the cost of the art was supposed to add a little nugget of validity to her trying to get freebies to Dawn's ball, but I'm with Magali. I'm not an art enthusiast so I couldn't see me paying £ 25K for any of those pieces.

I feel like I've seen a lot of Dawn's family life but barely any of Magali and Leanne's. Maybe I'll like Leanne a little more then. To her credit it seems like she hasn't lost her moves from her dancing days.

I was excited at the prospect of a new series, but I'm losing interest. Could it be that, unlike the big city ladies on other Housewives shows, that these ladies live a more suburban lifestyle, thus appearing more basic and common in comparison?

• Love 2

I can get Tanya being annoyed at Dawn poking her but I didn't expect her to react as strongly as she did. Is Dawn that big of a pain in the ass? Discuss. LOL.

After being in the hot seat in the beginning of the series it seems like Magali is keeping a low profile and taking mental notes of the infighting between the other ladies. I have a feeling that the focus on Magali's shock at the cost of the art was supposed to add a little nugget of validity to her trying to get freebies to Dawn's ball, but I'm with Magali. I'm not an art enthusiast so I couldn't see me paying £ 25K for any of those pieces.

I feel like I've seen a lot of Dawn's family life but barely any of Magali and Leanne's. Maybe I'll like Leanne a little more then. To her credit it seems like she hasn't lost her moves from her dancing days.

Ok, good point about that poking nonsense. Talk about blowing up something small. I must have just barely blinked during that scene because I didn't see the actual poke, but why drag on and on about it. :D 

I did think some of Magalis comments to the artist were rude. Even if I thought the art was over priced, I wouldn't say that to the artists face and question who would be in their right mind to buy on of his pieces. She could have been more classy at that moment. But what's with the Magali trying to get something for free rumours?  The first way we're introduced to her is with this story from... DAWN of all people - who now we see likes to make a mountain out of a mole hill. But I haven't seen Magali act in a way that supports this in any other episode so far. Even when she explained that she had already BOUGHT a ticket to Dawns event, and was inquiring to make sure there wasn't an extra ticket, so she could give it to a friend, otherwise that spot would have been empty. So with that, I don't get this Magali being cheap stuff. 

I'm right there with you, I want to see more of Magali and her home life.I'm so over seeing Dawns. How many scenes can they show of her taking pictures with her kids, and then revealing the pictures, etc. YAWN. So boring.  

• Love 2

Biggest laugh for me was when Tanya said Ampika was handing out Diesel gift sets to her employees.

The whole "poke" incident was edited so strangely... If I recall correctly, they didn't play what Dawn was saying during it except when they cut in her saying "oh, sorry!", in a way that sounded more like she'd accidentally bumped into someone.

Did anyone else notice Leanne's décolletage in her talking heads? Looked odd.

I wonder if they will have a reunion and, if so, who will host it.

Biggest laugh for me was when Tanya said Ampika was handing out Diesel gift sets to her employees.

The whole "poke" incident was edited so strangely... If I recall correctly, they didn't play what Dawn was saying during it except when they cut in her saying "oh, sorry!", in a way that sounded more like she'd accidentally bumped into someone.

Did anyone else notice Leanne's décolletage in her talking heads? Looked odd.

I wonder if they will have a reunion and, if so, who will host it.

YES about Leanne!! I didn't want to say anything but I couldn't stop staring at it! 

Leanne throws a party for her daughter whilst Lauren throws a party for the newest member of her family, Sweetie the Rabbit. Ampika has to deal with some distressing family news whilst Dawn has a big announcement to make to the others.

Dawn is so full of crap. Going on about how little time she has to herself - those messed up lips don't lie honey, guess you've been spending just a little time on beauty / cosmetic sessions. And it's not time well spent lol. Those lips looked baaaad

Ampika is growing on me, definitely not the worst drama queen on the show! And her & the ex seem to have a great relationship - was it ever explained why they separated? Dawn is annoying, she is so self-centered & spoilt. Quite funny how she just can't understand why people are not bowing down to her.Lauren is ok but can be quite rude, unnecessarily. Magali is great, just letting the rest fight it out. Tanya is...Tanya! Ditzy but funny too.

was it ever explained why they separated?

I thought it was something with Ampika being too young but I'm not certain.

I can not at Lauren throwing the rabbit a birthday party. And the special opera singer? lmao. It's events like those that make the Real Housewives franchise so great for me.

Ashley is a nice fellow.

I loved Sweetie's birthday party, so over the top and hilarious. And Magali's reaction was great.

I really don't GAF about Dawn trying to have another baby so Lauren's commentary cracks me up.

If this show gets a season 2, I hope they get rid of Leanne. Utterly useless and boring.

• Love 1

Ampika spends some time with ex-husband Mark and they rekindle their bond over an anniversary dinner. Dawn tells her news to the rest of the family and receives some unexpected reactions. Ampika's feud with Dawn continues.

Is Cheshire one and done?

I don't necessarily need them to be glamorous. They can be suburban moms and wives for all I care, but that's part of the issue...my give a care is waning. I still haven't seen the last part of the episode, even when I was eagerly anticipating Ampika comparing Leanne to a Hoover vacuum.

I feel like we've got to see much of Dawn and Ampika's lives but I don't think the focus has been shared evenly. Maybe it's due to the others' willingness to open up (Lauren and Paul agreed to not have their kids on the show...not that I think children are necessary but..)? I would've liked to see Magali and Dean in Dubai or more of Tanya and her husband. I know some love the women interacting and that's fine but I've always gotten more out of seeing how each of the individual women live. That's a big part of what has softened my stance on Dawn.

I need more Magali in my life. She's my fave so far. Ampika seems like she's very immature…or acting extra for air time (though I can understand her annoyance with Dawn). I think it's the latter but only time will tell.

Ampika's hoover rant towards Leanne started off really funny but then she "ripped it", as we say in Scotland.

Nice to see more of Magali at the beginning - her home is so "normal". But as usual, it was fleeting.

So next week is the finale. I still hope we get a reunion. I'm sure they would tell the 'Wives to "bring it" to save the show/their jobs if the ratings are low.

Edited by platelets
  • Love 1

Dawn hosts a glamorous dinner party at Warford Hall for all the housewives, but not everything goes according to plan, and by the end of the night not everyone is welcome. Last in the series.

Sorry for the late add, I had trouble finding an episode description.

So much for that episode. 

Dawn is the epitome of class and elegance with her menu of steak and chips, her tardiness in greeting her guests and her Dancing With the Stars dress.

Ampika is still wound up over Dawn and it's overkill. Glad there was no Nick and Royston.

Did the mothers in blue get to eat dinner with the ladies? I don't recall them at the table unless for filming purposes they weren't there just like another scene from the finale that was a "closed set."

I guess you need a villain(ess) like Lauren and Paul to stink up a joint, eh? I actually wouldn't mind if they returned for a second season. Leanne is the one I can do without but if Dawn returns I'm sure her sidekick will be right there.

The one I'm not sure about is Magali. Besides her being put on the defensive right out of the gate, it's not lost on me that Dawn only mentioned Leanne, Tanya and Lauren when Ampika asked who was coming to the party. Those were the same names Ampika mentioned in a voiceover that she loved once she arrived to the party. Could it be the edit? Is Magali an afterthought to them? I do recall earlier on that Ampika said she was "not too keen" on Magali so that's why I side eyed the scene when she visited Magali at home. Despite that, Magali and Tanya were the two I came away liking the most and I would've preferred to see more of them on their own instead of Dawn's baby woes and the 'will they or won't they' between Ampika and Mark.

• Love 3

Can't stand Dawn constantly saying "dinner party", "absolutely devastated" and "dogging on me daughter".

Two of my friends who watch the show didn't even realise this was the last episode! 

I didn't have high hopes from the very beginning, but I'm still disappointed.

This show just didn't follow the "format" enough for my liking.

What happened to the part at the end of every finale where they have a little photo of each housewife and some information on how they've been since filming? Why did it cut off so suddenly?

Where's the reunion?

Even the long taglines bugged me. Why were they grabbed from the episodes, not recorded in a studio?

Ugh, ITV you have failed. Australia and Canada did it well, why couldn't we!?

Maybe I'm too picky.

• Love 2