Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Almost this same conversation happened with my BF's stepfather! My BF mentioned that he'd vacuumed and his stepfather was baffled. Meanwhile, I am the "breadwinner" and also do most of the housework; to his credit, my BF said that. 

Hah! When I was reading ^this post, I was really hoping the last sentence was going to end with:

...Meanwhile, I am the "breadwinner" and also do most of the housework; my BF's stepfather told him: "And you should be making the dinners too!"

--Different kind of "baffled," heh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I wish, haha! But he's a new business owner who's at his store 12 hours a day. Unless I want my dinner at 10 pm, it's up to me! (And everyone knows that 10 pm is SECOND dinner!)

Oh god, this reminds me. When my husband had his own business, he would get home at between 7PM and 7:30 so I fed my son at 6:30 and then my husband come in ravenous so I usually had a frozen pot pie in the oven waiting for him. Kiddo went to bed at 8:30 and I'd make second dinner for both of us. It wasn't really hard because I usually spent Sundays making big batches of chili, spaghetti sauce and fried rice so I just had to nuke it. Wears me out just to think about how we just ran all the time in those days.

• Love 3

Recent pet peeve are people (mainly coworkers since I'm around them more than anyone else) who act superior because of whatever beliefs they have and are very vocal about it and will not accept that others have a different opinion. Example is a coworker who refuses to get a Covid vaccine (which is fine, it's their choice) but she will say its because she doesn't want to be a "guinea pig" and go on a long rant about it. This same person has strong beliefs about children getting their ears pierced and was so vocal about it today and funny thing is she has no kids! Rant over....

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Recent pet peeve are people (mainly coworkers since I'm around them more than anyone else) who act superior because of whatever beliefs they have and are very vocal about it and will not accept that others have a different opinion. Example is a coworker who refuses to get a Covid vaccine (which is fine, it's their choice) but she will say its because she doesn't want to be a "guinea pig" and go on a long rant about it. This same person has strong beliefs about children getting their ears pierced and was so vocal about it today and funny thing is she has no kids! Rant over....

She should probably educate herself on the term “guinea pig,” then (though they probably prefer being called “clinical trial participants”).

Haha, my dad has strong feelings about kids’ ears being pierced. To be fair, though, when I learned this, I was 7 and some family friends who’d been babysitting me had just had mine done without his or my mom’s OK…which is really weird in hindsight.

Edited by TattleTeeny
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

This same person has strong beliefs about children getting their ears pierced and was so vocal about it today and funny thing is she has no kids!

It definitely peeves me when people who have never had kids have anything to say about "the right way" to rear them. People who have only one kid and try to tell people with more than one kid how to deal with that dynamic should check themselves too!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

It definitely peeves me when people who have never had kids have anything to say about "the right way" to rear them. People who have only one kid and try to tell people with more than one kid how to deal with that dynamic should check themselves too!

I understand where you’re coming from, but you don’t have to be a parent to know that if a set of parents treats one kid like crap and a different kid is treated as the golden child growing up, there’s a good chance that once the kid who was treated like crap  is grown, that kid is going to resent its sibling and despise its parents. There are aspects of parenting where hands-on experience helps tremendously, and then there’s aspects where common sense should suffice. Sadly, a lot of parents seem to lack common sense. 

• Love 17

Yeah, there are plenty of aspects of parenting one doesn't need experience to have an opinion on.  There are a ton of things in life one doesn't need to know the intricacies of first hand in order to comment on the results.

4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I was 7 and some family friends who’d been babysitting me had just had mine done without his or my mom’s OK…which is really weird in hindsight.

Oh my, yes.  I cannot imagine the thought process of babysitting someone else's kid and thinking, "You know what we should do before they get home?  Poke holes in her."

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

What bothers me are people who loudly proclaim they hate kids (probably one of the last  entire group of human beings people feel comfortable admitting they hate to the world and his uncle) but also feel fully qualified to give an opinion and advice about a child's behavior based on a 2 minute interaction in a public place.  Gets on my last nerve.

• Love 2

Well, I have no intention of ever having kids and I also have strong opinions about some stuff, like beating kids, circumcision and pierced ears and even having kids baptised (or basically doing anything irreversible and unnecessary without the kids consent), but after I have been told in nasty ways that I have no right to have these opinions (I disagree), I am mostly keeping them to myself.

7 hours ago, Bastet said:

Oh my, yes.  I cannot imagine the thought process of babysitting someone else's kid and thinking, "You know what we should do before they get home?  Poke holes in her."

Personally I think that person should be sued.

• Love 5
Just now, JustHereForFood said:

Well, I have no intention of ever having kids and I also have strong opinions about some stuff, like beating kids, circumcision and pierced ears and even having kids baptised (or basically doing anything irreversible and unnecessary without the kids consent), but after I have been told in nasty ways that I have no right to have these opinions (I disagree), I am mostly keeping them to myself.

Those are issues I don't think you need to have kids, or be around kids, to hold opinions on - the circumcision debate alone is one I remember a message board I used to be on getting VERY heated over several times over the time that I was a member.  Up to that point I had had no idea that it was even something most adults who didn't have male children gave even a passing thought to.  Boy was I wrong about that!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Those are issues I don't think you need to have kids, or be around kids, to hold opinions on

I agree and I am for example constantly horrified how many people of my generation (millenials) still think it is ok to hit your children. Yet when I tried to point out that it has no place in the 21st century, I have been told that since I have not experienced how exhausting it is to keep telling a kid something they ignore, or how horrible they can get (seriously!), or something to that effect, I should shut up about it. I mean, if one has that attitude, they should IMO not even have kids themselves.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

Sounds like abuse and assault to me. 

BTW, when I brought up the issue with my admittedly poorly contextualized post (sorry) 

12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I was thinking of my sister (mother of 1) telling me (mother of 3 who are each 5 years apart) that I should not ever buy anything new for the younger kids, because she and her husband had discussed what they would do if they ever had a second kid, so they knew.

However, a little more along the lines of the posts above:
When my youngest was 12, outside in a Chicago winter getting 6 inches of snow off of the car because she had missed the school bus, which meant I would have to drive her (and be late for work at my still-new job) I looked out the window and saw she had no gloves or hat in dangerously low wind-chill, so I opened the door and (angrily) yelled at her to "Get in here and get some gloves and a hat!"

After work, my next door neighbor, new mother of an infant, came over to lecture me about yelling at my kid. 
She was not wrong, but there are times when we yell. I wish I had not. But having her judging me was very upsetting and unhelpful, and did not prevent the few times in the future when I yelled. (My voice get squeaky if I yell, so there's not much point in it anyway.) More helpful would have been if she had asked why I was so upset, and maybe suggest I let my daughter know I yelled because I cared. But, no, I was Screaming Shrew Mom.

Another time she came over to lecture me about the same tween daughter taking hour long showers (she could hear the water running). I don't recall whether I talked about "choosing which hill to die on, etc." or not. Pretty sure in both cases I was too upset to say anything.

Final chapter: Twelve years later when she had 3 kids, she was back in town visiting a former coworker who shared with me that she realized she had been a real know-it-all jerk back then. 

So, not about stopping child abuse, which, yes, of course, I hope anyone would step up and do.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

After work, my next door neighbor, new mother of an infant, came over to lecture me about yelling at my kid.

Oh wow - by the time my kids were 12 I was way more confident as a parent and I hate to tell you what I might have said to the busybody neighbour!  But when I was a younger woman and mother of younger kids someone making a point of coming over to lecture me probably would have reduced me to tears.  Did she expect you to hug her and thank her for showing you the One Correct Way to Parent?

In a roundabout way this reminds me of another peeve of mine: young newly marrieds who think they have all the answers to a Long and Happy Marriage - no, no you do not.  Step off the soapbox you're just embarrassing yourselves!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

What bothers me are people who loudly proclaim they hate kids (probably one of the last  entire group of human beings people feel comfortable admitting they hate to the world and his uncle) but also feel fully qualified to give an opinion and advice about a child's behavior based on a 2 minute interaction in a public place.  Gets on my last nerve.

Oh man this reminded me of an interaction a few years ago at a comic book/movie expo where we were standing in line for a photo op and my daughter (3yrs old at the time) did not want to stay in line with us and was squirming a lot, etc. She wasn't crying or being loud, she just didn't want to stay put. We took turns walking her around nearby, and the other would stay in line. Well we were close to being next, and so we were making her stay in line with us, and the guy behind us loudly says "I would never bring my kid to something like this..." We didn't say anything because it wasn't worth it and I wasn't about to get out of line or leave (we stupidly paid a lot for the photo op). It still gets me mad years later just thinking about it.

13 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Haha, my dad has strong feelings about kids’ ears being pierced. To be fair, though, when I learned this, I was 7 and some family friends who’d been babysitting me had just had mine done without his or my mom’s OK…which is really weird in hindsight.

Wow, I can't believe they didn't ask your parents permission before doing that!

• Love 3

My dad also had some strong words for the friends that gave me champagne at a wedding in which I was the flower girl (what a weird title, by the way) and went to the reception in the limo with the wedding party instead of driving with my parents. Oh, the ‘70s.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

I agree. It's like what I told my teen son when he wanted a tattoo. "You're not old enough to make that decision and I'm not going to make it for you." He never did get a tattoo.

• Love 5
(edited)

You guys, this is probably the most unreasonable peeve but who cares? So, you know when a group of people (I'd say typically girls) pose for a picture? For whatever dumb reason, that pose of the people in the front -- slight crouch with hands placed on bent knees -- annoys the bejesus out of me! I guess it's necessary but I inexplicably hate it as much as I hate "heart hands."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

You guys, this is probably the most unreasonable peeve but who cares? So, you know when a group of people (I'd say typically girls) pose for a picture? For whatever dumb reason, that pose of the people in the front -- slight crouch with hands placed on bent knees -- annoys the bejesus out of me! I guess it's necessary but I inexplicably hate it as much as I hate "heart hands."

Doesn't bother me any more than any other artificial poses, but I heartily support you right to complain about it!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 7/19/2021 at 2:58 PM, Bastet said:

I'm hardly ever treated rudely by a server, cashier, etc. or see someone else treated rudely by one, but I frequently witness them being treated that way by customers.  Of course transgressions occur on both sides of the counter, but it's far more common for customers to be inappropriate.

People have such a dismissive attitude towards the "peons" in these jobs that any perceived "slight" (a store policy they don't like, an item not being available, etc.) leaves them feeling entitled to turn downright disdainful towards them.  

Well, I had an experience today & stepped up for the cust. service desk employee at my supermarket. I'd just pocketed change after buying stamps when I heard the sour-looking lady at the next "window" say to the nice employee, "First, I have a complaint to make. *I* was here first!".  I turned to her and said, "No you weren't...I was". She said something to me about yes, she was, and something else (can't remember) and I responded, finishing by calling her "toots". No idea where that word came from but I confess, I was enjoying myself. I didn't like her bitchin' at the employee, a very gracious, kind man who usually is a cashier. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Well, I had an experience today & stepped up for the cust. service desk employee at my supermarket. I'd just pocketed change after buying stamps when I heard the sour-looking lady at the next "window" say to the nice employee, "First, I have a complaint to make. *I* was here first!".  I turned to her and said, "No you weren't...I was". She said something to me about yes, she was, and something else (can't remember) and I responded, finishing by calling her "toots". No idea where that word came from but I confess, I was enjoying myself. I didn't like her bitchin' at the employee, a very gracious, kind man who usually is a cashier. 

Service people are trapped. They have to sit there and take it or they can lose their jobs. It's disgusting. It's like kicking a fucking puppy.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Is it in response to calling young children "littles"? I hate that term so much!

I loathe "littles" but not as much as I can't stand hearing or reading the word, "kiddoes". Makes me grind my teeth. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

I loathe "littles" but not as much as I can't stand hearing or reading the word, "kiddoes". Makes me grind my teeth. 

How do you (all) feel about calling children "smalls"? I do this occasionally and I have never had a parent indicate (by word or facial expression) that it was offensive or anything...

I have a friend with three sons, all under age 7, who look amazingly like him (all three) and sometimes when I see him and the kids are not with him I will ask, "So where are your mini-mes today?" and he thinks its cute. I hope this isn't problematic...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Back when Mom was still alive and still able to speak, she used "kiddoes," and it never bothered me. But then Mom was always adopting the latest slang --but being sure to use it in a grammatically correct manner, LOL.
So I'm okay with "kiddoes." 
I haven't heard any of the other terms for kids mentioned above, and they do sound irritating to me, mostly I think because they are about size.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Back when Mom was still alive and still able to speak, she used "kiddoes," and it never bothered me. But then Mom was always adopting the latest slang --but being sure to use it in a grammatically correct manner, LOL.
So I'm okay with "kiddoes." 
I haven't heard any of the other terms for kids mentioned above, and they do sound irritating to me, mostly I think because they are about size.

The only time the term bothered me was when my attorney of twenty years called me that over the course of a five minute conversation. I have a different attorney now.

• Love 6
On 7/20/2021 at 8:53 AM, Katy M said:

Gosh yes.  I had a supervisor that talked like that.  You're my boss.  Speak like an adult!!!!!  I actually find it annoying when people talk baby talk to actual babies, but I'll be the bigger person and let that pass:)  

I’m the same. I can’t stand baby talk or when people get super cutesy. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, isalicat said:

How do you (all) feel about calling children "smalls"? I do this occasionally and I have never had a parent indicate (by word or facial expression) that it was offensive or anything...

I have honestly never heard that term.  If someone had said it to me when my kids were young, I would probably have looked puzzled and said something like "Oh, no, we're not the Smalls, we're the Smiths".

20 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

The only time the term bothered me was when my attorney of twenty years called me that over the course of a five minute conversation. I have a different attorney now.

^^ Referring to "kiddo", right?  Was he puffing on a cigar in his 1940's office as he said it?  Advising you on which Studebaker to buy?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I'm calling myself out, I'm a pet peeve today. I'm the person who ran errands during lunch and put things in the work fridge to keep until I leave today. In my defense, I didn't plan on buying perishable groceries but I saw this frozen pizza I love and can never find anywhere at Target today. I grabbed two of them and stuck them in the giant freezer at work. I can never complain about people hogging the fridge at work again, I know. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I responded, finishing by calling her "toots".

I love that you called her that. There's really no comeback, because how can anyone know if you mean it to be snotty or affectionate?

You've inspired me. I'm going to start calling everyone "toots." And I'm going to learn how to crack my gum and wear stockings with seams. Maybe I'll throw in an occasional "ducks," just for variety. 🦆 🦆 🦆

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm calling myself out, I'm a pet peeve today.  

You made me realize I was someone's peeve recently. 

Time-before-last when I went to the grocery store, I got something that sounded kind of interesting mainly because it was marked down.  When I got home I realized they had charged me full price - a $4.00 difference.  I debated whether to do anything, and decided heck, I was going back anyway. I took the labels & receipt to customer service and the very nice young woman gave me the credit (after a few tries of scanning/adding/subtracting, but that's fine). 

Then when I checked out with my regular shopping I had a coupon they had given me last time for a dollar off on my next purchase.  I don't think I've used a coupon since March 2020!  But I figured now was the time to start.  After the cashier rang everything up, we realized she hadn't scanned the coupon.  She said, oh, no problem, just go to customer service and they'll take care of it.  So I toddled over to CS (one aisle over) and explained what happened, but as I was doing that, I realized it was the same poor girl from earlier who's probably thinking, is this old lady really poor or just crochety?  I tried to tell her, never mind, I'll just use it next time, but she basically said, yeah, we're doing this (politely). 

So shout out to the customer service folks everywhere.  I think I need to donate that dollar to some worthy cause!

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I have honestly never heard that term.  If someone had said it to me when my kids were young, I would probably have looked puzzled and said something like "Oh, no, we're not the Smalls, we're the Smiths".

^^ Referring to "kiddo", right?  Was he puffing on a cigar in his 1940's office as he said it?  Advising you on which Studebaker to buy?

"23 Skidoo, kiddo."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

And this:

how-to-look-slimmer-in-photos-1.jpg

Wow.  This is so not your point, but that really does make a difference!

Edited by SoMuchTV
somehow the same thing got posted twice. I hope I didn't make it worse by trying to edit.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I love that you called her that. There's really no comeback, because how can anyone know if you mean it to be snotty or affectionate?

You've inspired me. I'm going to start calling everyone "toots." And I'm going to learn how to crack my gum and wear stockings with seams. Maybe I'll throw in an occasional "ducks," just for variety. 🦆 🦆 🦆

Don't get too wild. I have no idea where that "toots" came from...but that nasty woman's attitude brought it out of me. However, now that I've calmed down, I have to acknowledge that things could've been tricky if she'd pulled out a gun. So...I was fortunate this time. 

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, JustHereForFood said:

Oops, I think I subconciously do that. Including the hand on the hip.

I do it. Not to look taller or thinner or whatever it’s supposed to do, but because I have no clue what to do with my hand while I’m waiting for what always seems to be in interminable amount of time for someone to take the picture that I most likely don’t want to be in anyway! And while I am a reasonably attractive person (is that bad to just come out and say? I don’t mean it in any boasty kind of way, I promise), I consistently look just awful in noncandid photos! It’s like a damn curse.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
52 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I do it. Not to look taller or thinner or whatever it’s supposed to do, but because I have no clue what to do with my hand while I’m waiting for what always seems to be in interminable amount of time for someone to take the picture that I most likely don’t want to be in anyway! And while I am a reasonably attractive person (is that bad to just come out and say? I don’t mean it in any boasty kind of way, I promise), I consistently look just awful in noncandid photos! It’s like a damn curse.

We sound so similar! I feel shy posing, but then standing there still with your hands at your side forever feels even more awkward. I feel like I have to do something at some point. My favorite photographers are the ones who snap, snap, snap, so we can get the picture nonsense over with. 

Do you deal with eye strain? I think that's one thing that affects how I look in pictures where I have to stand there forever and smile. My eyes start hurting after awhile. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, emma675 said:

I'm calling myself out, I'm a pet peeve today. I'm the person who ran errands during lunch and put things in the work fridge to keep until I leave today. In my defense, I didn't plan on buying perishable groceries but I saw this frozen pizza I love and can never find anywhere at Target today. I grabbed two of them and stuck them in the giant freezer at work. I can never complain about people hogging the fridge at work again, I know. 

IMO it’s annoying only when it’s still there for days afterwards.  I’ve done food shopping at lunchtime a few times and put the perishables in the work refrigerator for the afternoon. I took them home at the end of the day.  Never had a problem.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cobb Salad said:

IMO it’s annoying only when it’s still there for days afterwards.  I’ve done food shopping at lunchtime a few times and put the perishables in the work refrigerator for the afternoon. I took them home at the end of the day.  Never had a problem.  

SOP when I worked full time. At least you didn't nuke some fish. I believe that's punishable by death in some states.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

SOP when I worked full time. At least you didn't nuke some fish. I believe that's punishable by death in some states.

Hey, just EATING fish (tuna salad (real or not) or salt fish to be more specific) is punishable.  Back in high school, I once ate tuna salad in the senior student common room and one girl asked me to go elsewhere because she wanted to check her email (this was in the 90s and the room had a computer specifically for school email.  She could have gone to the library or used any of the computer labs, but NO, she wanted to use the one in the common room).  To be fair, I could have eaten in the caf, but as a senior student, I wanted to hang there, away from the younger kids.

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

At least you didn't nuke some fish. I believe that's punishable by death in some states.

If it's not, it should be. 

I worked in an office one time where a girl nuked leftover steamed broccoli. I had no idea something could smell worse than nuked fish, but it was unreal. I can't even describe the smell, it was so pungent. And the head of our department came stomping out of his office screaming about the smell and totally embarrassed this poor girl (she really had no idea it would smell that bad or that strongly). It took days for the smell to dissipate. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Speaking of stinky food at work, someone who used to work at my office would heat up hot dogs and peas (together)

Excuse me W  H  A  T?!

• LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

...I worked in an office one time where a girl nuked leftover steamed broccoli. I had no idea something could smell worse than nuked fish, but it was unreal. I can't even describe the smell, it was so pungent. And the head of our department came stomping out of his office screaming about the smell and totally embarrassed this poor girl (she really had no idea it would smell that bad or that strongly). It took days for the smell to dissipate. 

It took me months to realize that the nauseating smell coming from the office of the last sweet, young librarian who took the office next to mine before I retired was just her empty yogurt containers. 

And I'm laughing at the description of the odor in your post(s), but this reminds me of a peeve from before I retired:

Really Big Pet Peeve:

• TPTB not acting on significant issues noticed by new or lower-status employees, especially when costly renovations are being decided. 

The stinky nuked food odor situation is really just the "canary in the coal mine" signaling potentially deadly (in times of pandemic) and often costly effects of cheap decisions made by architects, engineers, and budget committees in the last few decades resulting in most newer or renovated buildings having No Windows That Open. Argh!

In these 5-story buildings with now-sealed windows on all sides, the occupants of scores of offices all wound up each running a portable heater or fan everyday because the architects sold the board of directors on the "cost cutting" of being able to do climate control more cheaply with no windows opening. (Wrong)

For those of us with migraines or asthma or other reactions to fragrances or other airborne chemicals and particles, it was also a real negative impact on health and quality of life (including the stinky microwaved food smells that last for days).

And I could fill many more paragraphs with other costly decisions made that were "penny wise and pound foolish" that the Big Wigs went along with while ignoring the observations of those who actually utilized, worked in, cleaned, or provided security for the building (or just had life-experience with similar structural mistakes) on which TPTB were spending many millions.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Kawaiiko said:

Excuse me W  H  A  T?!

Mhmmm, that combination does not sound good at all! Rumor has it that the girl's husband had put her on a diet (wtf?!?!?!) and so she would eat hot dogs with peas a couple times during the day at work (I guess she was rebelling against the diet lol). 

Just now, TattleTeeny said:

WHAT? Why not save the peas for at home in front of the weirdo diet-controlling husband and eat something more rebellious at work?

Good point! It was a strange meal to eat if she was trying to rebel against the diet. I'd be like Garfield and shoveling lasagna in my mouth instead!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4