Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Today's peeve:  I just realized I really need a new set of sheets (I only had two for our bed and when I changed the sheets yesterday I noticed the bottom sheet of one is fraying) but we're in lockdown and most stores are closed.  I could order from Amazon or Walmart I guess but I feel like I've already given them more than enough of my business in the past year to last a lifetime!

I have gotten the best sheets at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Homegoods (same company), but alas, this was in the Before Times. They're always about $50 for a queen set with a decently high thread count. I like an all-cotton white or off-white sheet that doesn't pill, and not "sateen" and not printed. You might check Target. Their stuff has gotten surprisingly nicer over the years.

I bought some bamboo sheets from Amazon that I hate. They are as slippery as satin sheets. I like a "crispy", sturdy cotton sheet.

• Love 1

When people on social media (FB) ask for a recommendation and add "reasonably priced", drives me nuts! 

"I need help with landscaping, possibly building a retaining wall and trimming trees & shrubs.....but reasonably priced."

"I need a shower torn out and replaced....but reasonably priced"

"I need childcare 5 days a week, 8:00-5:00pm....but reasonably priced"

What do you consider reasonable? Have you called around to get estimates? Are you just hoping someone will take pity on you and do it for a fraction of the cost? I just saw my first example (above) on FB just now, that kind of work costs big bucks, it's hard labor and it's a job that will take multiple days! Do you think the person you hire should just do it for what you can afford and not get reimbursed for his/her time, supplies and labor? 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, BexKeps said:

Do you think the person you hire should just do it for what you can afford and not get reimbursed for his/her time, supplies and labor? 

I think this is exactly what people expect.  Before the pandemic hit my cousins were trying to avoid placing my aunt in an assisted living situation but she really could not live alone anymore.  They were honestly expecting to be able to hire a full-time caregiver who would live in and provide nursing and personal care but who would be willing to do all this for less than minimum wage.  And then were honestly surprised when they found that this was not going to happen.   

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BexKeps said:

When people on social media (FB) ask for a recommendation and add "reasonably priced", drives me nuts! 

"I need help with landscaping, possibly building a retaining wall and trimming trees & shrubs.....but reasonably priced."

"I need a shower torn out and replaced....but reasonably priced"

"I need childcare 5 days a week, 8:00-5:00pm....but reasonably priced"

What do you consider reasonable? Have you called around to get estimates? Are you just hoping someone will take pity on you and do it for a fraction of the cost? I just saw my first example (above) on FB just now, that kind of work costs big bucks, it's hard labor and it's a job that will take multiple days! Do you think the person you hire should just do it for what you can afford and not get reimbursed for his/her time, supplies and labor? 

So true. Just use a service like Home Advisors. I did this when I had to hire people to work on my dad's house. Literally every one of them gave free estimates.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I just realized I really need a new set of sheets (I only had two for our bed and when I changed the sheets yesterday I noticed the bottom sheet of one is fraying) but we're in lockdown and most stores are closed. 

The Bay.  

• Useful 1
46 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So true. Just use a service like Home Advisors. I did this when I had to hire people to work on my dad's house. Literally every one of them gave free estimates.

Yes plus if they’re any good they’ll be happy to provide references as proof of the quality of their work.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GussieK said:

Ah, you must be in Shirley. I’m near Westhampton.  Join the Best Market mourners club.  I checked out the Lidl in Center Moriches a couple of weeks ago. We knew the change was coming from two years ago, but it was delayed because of the pandemic. I wish I’d known about that flounder mix. Sounds delish. We we crazy about their prepared foods. Salsa , guacamole, chicken salads, and other prepared salads. Totally homemade.  We really miss these. There was also a Riverhead store. Since we go to Riverhead a lot we could also get the prepared foods there. That store turned into a Fine Fare. My Walmart adventure was in Riverhead. I don’t know Guiseppis.  There is no small talk topic but this is still a (very localized) pet peeve.

2 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

I’m near Smithaven Mall.  Pet Peeve .. too much traffic in Riverhead, but nice stores.  Can’t go on weekend.

True! As they've added more stores, it's really gotten worse.

Edited by GussieK
Just now, icemiser69 said:

You are lucky to still have a mall.  I miss mine, a lot.  There used to be a lot of mall walkers.  Now with no mall, I wonder where they walk, assuming they walk at all.

If they're walking outdoors, I feel bad for them. I had to give up my walks because just as I was settling into a groove, listening to the birds, the rustling of leaves and enjoying the sights and scents BRRRRAAAPPP!! here come the leaf blowers. Just ruined it.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

You are lucky to still have a mall.  I miss mine, a lot.  There used to be a lot of mall walkers.  Now with no mall, I wonder where they walk, assuming they walk at all.

I have lots of malls around me, but due to a back that needs another surgery, PLUS Covid, I haven’t been to a mall in two years.  I order on line and my husband does most of the shopping.  Everything SUCKS !  Going to the mall was a nice day out with lunch.  Now .. it’s t.v. and my I pad, and the phone.  I can’t wait to sit on the beach.  My vitamin D is low, and the supplements make me sick.  I’m whining, I know, lol.  Sorry.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Today's peeve:  I just realized I really need a new set of sheets (I only had two for our bed and when I changed the sheets yesterday I noticed the bottom sheet of one is fraying) but we're in lockdown and most stores are closed.  I could order from Amazon or Walmart I guess but I feel like I've already given them more than enough of my business in the past year to last a lifetime!

If you have access to Costco, they have bedding and all of the sheet sets come with 4 pillow cases.  And they're quire reasonably priced.  

And to whomever mentioned Wegmans and pre-weighing produce - we have Wegman's here and I've never come across that option.  My peeve is that our state liquor laws are so backwards, Wegman's can't sell wine.  Which is just sad... 

• Useful 2

I had to get a new keyboard for work. Its not the same as the old one.  

I was taught to not look at the keys while typing in school.  This is reinforced by half the letters being worn off on my old keyboard.

None of the flipping keys are the same place.  This is a size thing rather than a placement thing.  And there seems to be some insane combination of keys that I keep hitting that somehow launches a program on my computer that I have never seen as a short cut before and I have no idea how I'm doing it.  Therefore I can't seem to stop launching it unless  I type slowly while looking at the keyboard.

27 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

And there seems to be some insane combination of keys that I keep hitting that somehow launches a program on my computer that I have never seen as a short cut before and I have no idea how I'm doing it.  Therefore I can't seem to stop launching it unless  I type slowly while looking at the keyboard.

When I work from my parents' house - in non-pandemic times, they travel a fair bit and when they do I spend 24 hours at my house, 24 hours at theirs, lather, rise, repeat, to spend adequate time with my cat at home and with their two cats at their house -  I work on my laptop (at home, my laptop is hooked into a port replicator, so I have an external everything, but at their house I'm on my mobile own, and just hook up to their printer as needed).

Their cat Bandit manages at least once every single vacation to step on the keyboard of my laptop - a device he, living with two retired people, finds profoundly offensive during his waking hours, whether it be on my lap or on a table - in a way that does something to make the laptop's touch pad mouse move at the speed of molasses and become effectively unusable.

I have no idea what setting that is, what combination of keys his paws hit to make it happen, or how to get rid of it other than to restart the damn computer, but it only happens with him.

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

They were honestly expecting to be able to hire a full-time caregiver who would live in and provide nursing and personal care but who would be willing to do all this for less than minimum wage

Omg! How do people not realize what a labor intensive job that is? I give care givers a ton of credit, it's physically and emotionally exhausting! 

Being married to a man who does home repair type work I have firsthand experience with how some people expect you to do hard manual labor for minimal pay. My husband has to go into spider web filled crawl spaces, dusty attics full of insulation and dark, damp, dirty basements. He has to climb a ladder onto high, steep roofs, he has to bend and twist around existing appliances, shelving and pipes to take care of your issue, yet when he quotes a price he gets astonished looks and "really, it's that much?" He is the nicest guy and will try his best to give discounts and keep it under a certain amount, especially if he can tell they don't have much money, but when it's someone in a high-end home, driving high-end cars and with all the expensive AV equipment all over the house it is just inexcusable. 

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, BexKeps said:

Omg! How do people not realize what a labor intensive job that is? I give care givers a ton of credit, it's physically and emotionally exhausting! 

Being married to a man who does home repair type work I have firsthand experience with how some people expect you to do hard manual labor for minimal pay. My husband has to go into spider web filled crawl spaces, dusty attics full of insulation and dark, damp, dirty basements. He has to climb a ladder onto high, steep roofs, he has to bend and twist around existing appliances, shelving and pipes to take care of your issue, yet when he quotes a price he gets astonished looks and "really, it's that much?" He is the nicest guy and will try his best to give discounts and keep it under a certain amount, especially if he can tell they don't have much money, but when it's someone in a high-end home, driving high-end cars and with all the expensive AV equipment all over the house it is just inexcusable. 

I am getting quotes to install ductless mini split air conditioning and while it’s more expensive than I was hoping, the quotes aren’t out outside of the range I was seeing while researching. I definite wish it would be cheaper but the reality is it’s an expensive project. I don’t see the point in trying to lowball every house project (like the previous owners). I’ll pay more for quality work that is done on schedule. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I ordered some new bras (needed them thanks to pandemic weight gain🐷) and one of them worked, but it has FOUR hooks. I worked up an actual sweat trying to get it hooked. The girls are lifted and separated and my side boob fat is strapped down, but damn if it wasn't the biggest workout I've had in the past year.

• LOL 15
4 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I ordered some new bras (needed them thanks to pandemic weight gain🐷) and one of them worked, but it has FOUR hooks. I worked up an actual sweat trying to get it hooked. The girls are lifted and separated and my side boob fat is strapped down, but damn if it wasn't the biggest workout I've had in the past year.

What is this “bra” that you speak of? 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, bilgistic said:

Four seems excessive.  My strapless one has 4 hooks, but it's strapless and my girls need the extra support.  I purchased some new bras last year from a UK brand and was kinda shocked to see the bras only had 2 hooks.  I was skeptical because it did not feel like 2 measly hooks would be enough to hold everything up, but it did.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I am getting quotes to install ductless mini split air conditioning

That's what I have.  My dad, uncle, and I installed them (and then just had someone come charge the lines), as I do most home repair/renovation projects myself or with the help of my dad, and, yeah, I'm always appalled at how cheaply people want such work done.  You have to know what you're doing, and you also have to be willing to crawl on your hands and knees - sometimes drag yourself along on your belly - in tight spaces under and above houses.  Of course there are contractors out there who try to rip people off, and when I do outsource something I can have a moment of ouch at labor costs, but then I remember the labor involved and sign the contract.

And some of these complaining folks are just cheapskates, period, but a lot of them don't walk into their lawyer or financial adviser's office and complain about the hourly rate for those services, so for those people it's total classism that they expect manual labor to be cheap.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

Oooh, which brand? I need the side boob fat support (until I finally pull the trigger on a breast reduction and add in lipo for the armpit area). 

Also, peeve, why are bras so freaking expensive? I have a small frame and large boobs, so I have to find a ridiculously special size and it is always so expensive. It's frustrating. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Oooh, which brand? I need the side boob fat support (until I finally pull the trigger on a breast reduction and add in lipo for the armpit area). 

Also, peeve, why are bras so freaking expensive? I have a small frame and large boobs, so I have to find a ridiculously special size and it is always so expensive. It's frustrating. 

I have found some luck stalking different websites looking for deals on my bras. Knowing your international sizes can help.  All my bras are UK brands because over there my size exists at all price points.   Even then, I can't find one for less than $40.  Some websites to try after Amazon, bare necessities,  her room,  and playful promises (they do have some reasonably priced bras buried underneath the risque lingerie).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I am getting quotes to install ductless mini split air conditioning and while it’s more expensive than I was hoping, the quotes aren’t out outside of the range I was seeing while researching. I definite wish it would be cheaper but the reality is it’s an expensive project. I don’t see the point in trying to lowball every house project (like the previous owners). I’ll pay more for quality work that is done on schedule. 

Regarding what I bolded in your post, EXACTLY. Just doing a google search will yield you a pretty close estimate of what it would cost. Some folks assume because the materials that may be used in the work is not expensive that the price of the labor should be cheap as well. Not so, which brings me to @Bastet's post:

43 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That's what I have.  My dad, uncle, and I installed them (and then just had someone come charge the lines), as I do most home repair/renovation projects myself or with the help of my dad, and, yeah, I'm always appalled at how cheaply people want such work done.  You have to know what you're doing, and you also have to be willing to crawl on your hands and knees - sometimes drag yourself along on your belly - in tight spaces under and above houses.  Of course there are contractors out there who try to rip people off, and when I do outsource something I can have a moment of ouch at labor costs, but then I remember the labor involved and sign the contract.

And some of these complaining folks are just cheapskates, period, but a lot of them don't walk into their lawyer or financial adviser's office and complain about the hourly rate for those services, so for those people it's total classism that they expect manual labor to be cheap.

The actual physicality of the job is what costs you the money. If it was easy and the materials were cheap then why would you need a repairperson to do the work? They are doing the work you don't want to or can't do, and should be paid for that ability to do so. 

I do blame the rash of home makeover shows that are on TV these days, a lot of the time they do not show you the ACTUAL cost of what they are doing, and, even if they do have a lower cost than the average person, its because the company providing the materials or workers is getting a cut of the show profits and/or free advertising. They also show you 1-2 minutes of the show personalities doing any work but in reality once the cameras are off they personalities step back and let the laborers do the bulk of the work, so you never see them sweaty, dirty, covered in drywall dust (except for the strategically placed smudge across the cheek). 

Edited by BexKeps
misspelling
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have found some luck stalking different websites looking for deals on my bras. Knowing your international sizes can help.  All my bras are UK brands because over there my size exists at all price points.   Even then, I can't find one for less than $40.  Some websites to try after Amazon, bare necessities,  her room,  and playful promises (they do have some reasonably priced bras buried underneath the risque lingerie).

Thanks! Another pet peeve, being stacked like a porn star. I'm a 28DDD or a 30E, depending on the brand. My back, neck, and shoulders are a mess and breast reductions are so expensive (my insurance doesn't cover reductions unless it has to do with cancer). I lost 50+ pounds about two years ago and my band size shrunk but my cup size didn't at all. Stupid dense breast tissue.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Four seems excessive.  My strapless one has 4 hooks, but it's strapless and my girls need the extra support.  I purchased some new bras last year from a UK brand and was kinda shocked to see the bras only had 2 hooks.  I was skeptical because it did not feel like 2 measly hooks would be enough to hold everything up, but it did.  

Unfortunately my bra has maybe 5 to 6. I can't check since I'm at work lol, but mine is the one where the hooks are on the front of the bra, so at least it's not a struggle to put it on! 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Nordstrom Rack has my favorite brand, Wacoal. They are still pricey ($30-40) but less than I would pay elsewhere. 

@emma675, I’ve had the same experience - lose a band size, but no change in cup. I was disappointed. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 1

I'm grateful there's a great lingerie shop near me run by a wonderful woman who can take one look at you and rattle off numerous bra options that would work best for your breasts.  Mine, I don't need lifted and separated (a common request), I need them lifted and pushed together - left to their own devices, they like to try and go hang out in my armpits, and most bra styles don't do enough to stop them. 

So all my bras are French or British brands, as American brands either aren't right for my shape or, of the few that would work, only come in boring styles.  (I have a strong distaste for boring underwear [on me; I don't care what anyone else wears!]).

If the shop owner comes across something she thinks I'll like - the right style in a pretty color or pattern - she'll get one in my size and then call me, inviting me to stop by next time I'm in the area to see if I want it.  How often do you get that kind of attention anymore?  I first met her years ago when I went in her shop to pick up an order for my mom (she's really good with mastectomy patients needing bras with pockets for their prosthesis, so my mom had been shopping there for many years), and she quickly transformed my bra drawer and made my tops fit so much better.

• Love 10

Bastet, we used to have a shop like that in my town and I was so sad when it closed. And I live in a major metropolitan area, I should be able to find a similar store, but I just can't. I really feel like I need a professional fitting, too, because I'm not 100% sure what size I am anymore. 

• Love 1

My pet peeve today is having to wait weeks to see an orthopedist while in pain.  I fell on 3/2 and I still won't see him until next wednesday.   My PCP has done all he can and I'm just tired of waiting.   I wish they left a spot or two so that people with injuries and pain didn't have so long to wait to be seen. 

Today's peeve: right now our area is going through a major jump in real estate prices - that's not the peeve 🙂.  We sold just over a year ago and certain family members keep saying things like "gee bet you wish you'd held off" and the like.  I can't get them to understand that the prices went up for our old house but they have also gone up in any area we were looking for the new house!  Assuming we bought the house we have now, now (if you follow me) then we wouldn't have ended up any better off.  It's not like we sold and put the money in the bank - we put the money into the next house,,,,and the visa bill 🙂 .

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I tried dried seaweed snacks for the first time today.  it will be the last.  Never again will I shop on an empty stomach.  Luckily the package is very small.   The smell is horrible (dirty fish tank) and for whatever reason, it tastes like fish.  I don't know why seaweed would taste like fish, but it does.  They small sheets look like green cellophane.

Nori sheets?  I quite like them but I have strange taste in food these days.  I used to wrap smoked salmon in them.

Edited by Caoimhe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Today's peeve: right now our area is going through a major jump in real estate prices - that's not the peeve 🙂.  We sold just over a year ago and certain family members keep saying things like "gee bet you wish you'd held off" and the like.  I can't get them to understand that the prices went up for our old house but they have also gone up in any area we were looking for the new house!  Assuming we bought the house we have now, now (if you follow me) then we wouldn't have ended up any better off.  It's not like we sold and put the money in the bank - we put the money into the next house,,,,and the visa bill 🙂 .

Yep. I'm in the Seattle area and home prices here have gone insane. We could probably get quite a bit for our house and our rental next door but then what? Everything is way expensive.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

but a lot of them don't walk into their lawyer or financial adviser's office and complain about the hourly rate for those services

yeah, they do

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Caoimhe said:

Nori sheets?  I quite like them but I have strange taste in food these days

It's like picking up a rock on the beach and licking it.  Yuck.

You should try dulse.

• LOL 1
13 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yep. I'm in the Seattle area and home prices here have gone insane. We could probably get quite a bit for our house and our rental next door but then what? Everything is way expensive.

Exactly!  Which, at least around here is a big reason why there is very little inventory.  I mean finding out your house is worth $$$$ is a kick but finding out any other house you want to buy is also worth $$$$ not so much!  If we were selling to move out of the area completely (to a much cheaper area) that would be one thing, but for the foreseeable future that isn't in the plans.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Seattle is gorgeous but so expensive. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Exactly!  Which, at least around here is a big reason why there is very little inventory.  I mean finding out your house is worth $$$$ is a kick but finding out any other house you want to buy is also worth $$$$ not so much!  If we were selling to move out of the area completely (to a much cheaper area) that would be one thing, but for the foreseeable future that isn't in the plans.  

My aunt and uncle sold their house and bought one in Florida. Thing was like a palace but it was in Florida. No offense to anyone but no thanks.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Florida's population is growing fast, as are most of the southern states.  Really not a surprise.

Not too long ago posters were complaining about package deliveries and stuff like that.  I stumbled up on this gem of an article.  If anyone that reads this article has delicate ears/eyes, you might want to pass on the article.

Who else says that there is no such thing as work ethic anymore!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Florida's population is growing fast, as are most of the southern states.  Really not a surprise.

Not too long ago posters were complaining about package deliveries and stuff like that.  I stumbled up on this gem of an article.  If anyone that reads this article has delicate ears/eyes, you might want to pass on the article.

Florida.  Years ago, the husband retired early.  Kids were all out, so we sold on Long Island and bought a gorgeous new house of my dreams in a new development near Disney.  I was happy decorating all new light colored furniture and gave away my walnut real wood furniture to the kids.  Gorgeous development with all the bells and whistles.  After six months in the pool everyday, and hot as hell, I said to myself WTF am I doing in this inferno?  I missed my kids, grandkids and N.Y.C.  After one year there we sold the new house that we paid $123,000, moved back to Long Island and was thrilled to smell pine trees.  We paid $265,000 for a condo in a development that had golf for him and everything else that Florida had.  I was happy.  Lost lots of money tho between movers, etc.  For us, once a year in Florida is fine, but I’m a New York Girl.  No offense to Florida, but I can’t take the heat, bugs, alligators and snakes.  Almost half the people that bought like us moved back north like us.  My sister lives there for 35 yrs and loves Florida.  We still go for vacation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, rcc said:

Who else says that there is no such thing as work ethic anymore!

My Son was one of the best UPS Drivers ever.  Snowstorms, heat in the truck for 12 hours ..no air conditioning, dog bites, no addresses on houses .. amidst safety.  I don’t know how they do it.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, supposebly said:

That surprises me. Can you explain? 

Perhaps it's the misconception that it's cheaper to live in "the south" or people are nicer in "the south". So people keep flocking to these southern states thinking the grass is greener. Spoiler alert: it's not.

My current peeve is my own indecisiveness.  I cannot decide on what sort of couch I want.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

According to some of the articles I have read it is not a misconception.  I didn't post links because those articles also contained subjects that would not be allowed to be talked about in the forums.  But yes, cost of living is a reason why people are moving south, along with other quality of life reasons.

I can only speak from my experience but it's 100% been a misconception. Gas is cheaper but groceries, things at Target, they all cost the same. Rent right now is running about what I'd pay where I'm from in CA. Sure, if you move to the middle of nowhere housing will be cheap but you're living in the middle of nowhere. And the weather sucks. Drivers here are complete assholes and people in general are super cliquish and that "southern hospitality" does not exist in a way that is different than other areas. It's the same personalities wherever you go. I found super nice people in CA and complete assholes here. And I've already ranted about the other stuff.

• Love 7

My best friend moved to Florida about 15 years ago because housing was so much cheaper.  She came back after a couple of years because she hated so much about living there, and while I was very happy to have her back, I had to give her a little grief because all the things she hated were things well known from traveling, reading, and just paying the slightest bit of attention, really.  She basically just claimed temporary insanity (not that it's crazy to live there, but that it was crazy to think she would enjoy living there - like that big ol' house was going to be an oasis from everything else).

22 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

My current peeve is my own indecisiveness.  I cannot decide on what sort of couch I want.

I am rarely indecisive, but when I am, hoo boy.  I still do not have a ceiling fan in the living room because Casablanca stopped making the specific one I want, and I just cannot decide which one to get instead.

• Love 2

Yeah, I live in a major city in the south and housing prices are equivalent or even higher than cities on the east and west coasts. Unless you want to live in the boonies, of course. 

• Love 2