Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

Some grammar/spelling peeves: I hate when people spell "too" as "to." I have friends who do that and it drives me batty. Another one is spelling "in case" like "incase." And this is rarer but when people spell "grateful" as "greatful." 

126906284_10107005918649665_4132397358208001452_o.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Callietwo said:

We now use these  Reusable produce bags that I received in my Causebox subscription.  We just toss them in with the towels to wash.  No more fighting those damn plastic bags!  

I have a carful of reusable bags.  Somehow they never make it into the grocery store with me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PRgal said:

In my ancestral language, double words are often used in toddler speak.  That's fine when you're speaking in Cantonese.  But when you're doing it in English?  Sorry, it doesn't work.  You can say che-che for car, but not car-car.  Besides, we want our already expressively delayed kid to use proper words - in either language.  I'm trying hard to get him to say either "dog" or "gau" rather than "woe-woe" (translation in English would be "woofy").  He knows very well that the proper word is dog/gau.  He just refuses to say it (he's a smart kid.  He knows his numbers from 1-10 (and though I doubt he actually understands the concept of addition, he'll show you, for example, four fingers if you ask him what 2+2 is), many animals (he'll either make its sound or mime what these animals look like or do (e.g. he'll pretend to eat nuts if we ask him about squirrels)), colours and we're working on letters).  JUST STOP DOUBLING WORDS IN ENGLISH.  No "cat-cat," PLEASE.  It makes me cringe.

Your post took me back in time to when I was in grad school and in a relationship with a professor (completely different departments, English literature versus sociology) who had done his doctoral research in Indonesia. He of course had to learn the language, and he mentioned that in Indonesian, a double noun generally indicates a plural or “all of the [noun].” For example, “cat cat” could mean “cats” or “all of the cats” depending on context. 
My pet peeve around language for babies and toddlers is adults who use “baby talk” when speaking to babies/toddlers. You’re teaching them the wrong words or wrong pronunciation, which means they will then have to learn the correct words/pronunciation when they are a little older. Why make acquiring a decent vocabulary any harder than it has to be? 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Leeds said:
10 hours ago, Callietwo said:

We now use these  Reusable produce bags that I received in my Causebox subscription.  We just toss them in with the towels to wash.  No more fighting those damn plastic bags!  

I have a carful of reusable bags.  Somehow they never make it into the grocery store with me.

In VT, one-use grocery bags are now illegal so we're used to bringing in our bags... so we keep these together.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Boston said:

My recent pet peeve:  I have to give myself shots (for CHOLESTEROL medication because my pills were discontinued) .. I have cholesterol problems from meds I have been on for 30 years. So NOW.. I have to go into my bathroom, grab my thigh, and scream bloody murder - the needle is like a staple gun).  I just did it tonight.. it is every 2 weeks; i am not a baby.. i can take shots.. but this??? I've had it.  Don't know if anyone has done this.  I know alot of people give themself shots.. but this , honestly is like driving a staple into wood.  But I'm still happy.

Are you using a syringe, or a pen? If you're using a syringe, I can't help you, but if you're using a pen, I highly recommend these needles, they're practically microscopic.

I wish phone numbers didn't make one so vulnerable. Sometimes strangers who ask me out are pretty cute, but I hate giving randoms my number due to safety reasons. Just so tough with covid. I'm lonely and don't go out the way I used to. 😞I need to look into how to get a free second number. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GaT said:

Are you using a syringe, or a pen? If you're using a syringe, I can't help you, but if you're using a pen, I highly recommend these needles, they're practically microscopic.

It's Praluent pen.. you STAB it into either thigh or arm (i opt for the thighs).  I just pick them up from CVS.. they have to be refrigerated until use.. You stab it into your skin and the fluid from the pen goes into you.  It's not like I can change the needle.. the needle is way inside until you punch it into the skin.  Believe me, I am so used to having needles, bloodwork, etc. that doesn't bother me.. but this?  I have to bite on a towel..lol.. thank you for your recommendations.

4 hours ago, PRgal said:

I'm so sorry!  Meds I'm on (for my epilepsy) cause me to have elevated cholesterol as well (despite exercising six days a week and eating extremely healthfully), but it's not bad enough for me to need meds.  Can you talk to your doctor about other alternatives?

I was never on a cholesterol med til i had a heart attack - and that came because of HIV meds I have been taking for 25 years - the meds raise your cholesterol and then "oh" people are getting heart attacks.  I was on Fluvastatin for the last 9 years then they stopped making it.. i tried 3 other statins and i  was allergic.. hence, the pen.  I am very close to my doctor and this was the last alternative.  I joke, but it does hurt (i would rather have someone else give it to me).  Like I said, it feels like a staple gun.  Thank you for your thoughts.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Boston said:

It's Praluent pen.. you STAB it into either thigh or arm (i opt for the thighs).  I just pick them up from CVS.. they have to be refrigerated until use.. You stab it into your skin and the fluid from the pen goes into you.  It's not like I can change the needle.. the needle is way inside until you punch it into the skin.  Believe me, I am so used to having needles, bloodwork, etc. that doesn't bother me.. but this?  I have to bite on a towel..lol.. thank you for your recommendations.

Yikes. I inject once a week, & it comes with small needles that you screw on. I didn't know they made pens that work like that, I wonder why? It's sounds really unpleasant. I don't have to stab, I just press the button & inject (my stomach is my area of choice, lots of fat to cushion it 😀) & that's it.

4 minutes ago, GaT said:

Yikes. I inject once a week, & it comes with small needles that you screw on. I didn't know they made pens that work like that, I wonder why? It's sounds really unpleasant. I don't have to stab, I just press the button & inject (my stomach is my area of choice, lots of fat to cushion it 😀) & that's it.

That sounds easy.. if you look up Praluent pen.. you will see.. the needle is inside (and it is thick).. you put one end against your skin and hit the other end with your finger and it jabs the needle in with the "yellow" medicine.  I have been known to jab it in and the fluid shot up to the ceiling..lol (that was at first.. But I have to psych myself up to give the shot to me.. a couple glasses of wine and i'm there.. yet I still scream..lol

45 minutes ago, Boston said:

That sounds easy.. if you look up Praluent pen.. you will see.. the needle is inside (and it is thick).. you put one end against your skin and hit the other end with your finger and it jabs the needle in with the "yellow" medicine.  I have been known to jab it in and the fluid shot up to the ceiling..lol (that was at first.. But I have to psych myself up to give the shot to me.. a couple glasses of wine and i'm there.. yet I still scream..lol

Huh, that sounds horrible. I can't imagine why it's so hard. Maybe it's something to do with the viscosity of the medicine? I can barely feel the needle I use.

5 minutes ago, GaT said:

Huh, that sounds horrible. I can't imagine why it's so hard. Maybe it's something to do with the viscosity of the medicine? I can barely feel the needle I use.

Well, it's kind of the medicine because you have to leave the needle in so long while you are pushing the liquid in.  I'm just a big baby.  I'm used to other people giving me shots.. but this is very different.. you put the end of the pen on your skin, then push the other end and the big needle punctures you with the medicine so you have to hold it there tight til it empties.. and it's the needle that bothers me, not the liquid.  Anyway, this too shall pass.  I can live with it.  So many more people have much more horrible things.

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish phone numbers didn't make one so vulnerable. Sometimes strangers who ask me out are pretty cute, but I hate giving randoms my number due to safety reasons. Just so tough with covid. I'm lonely and don't go out the way I used to. 😞I need to look into how to get a free second number. 

Look in to getting a Google Voice Number.  You can assign your cell/home/whatever number to it and if it becomes too much of a hassle (lots of unwanted calls) you can remove the real phone number and delete the account.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Some grammar/spelling peeves: I hate when people spell "too" as "to." I have friends who do that and it drives me batty. Another one is spelling "in case" like "incase." And this is rarer but when people spell "grateful" as "greatful." 

I notice that alot

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I notice that alot

I had an English teacher in seventh grade who gave a spelling test every Friday. The last thing on the list of words were "a lot" she said that was one of the most common spelling mistakes and she was going to make damn sure her students knew better.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I go to the market

I go too the market

I am too funny

I am to funny

Incase me in goo

In case me in goo

In case I am covered in goo, rinse me off

Incase I am covered in goo, rinse me off

The spelling check found nothing wrong with any of the above.  There is apparently no grammar check on this website.  MS word was only 75% correct on identifying the grammar errors.  People use them wrong all the time because they have come to rely on grammar/spell check tools like the rely on calculators to do math.

Greatful and grateful is less frequently wrong because one is always an incorrect spelling.  Seeing greatful is a sign that someone doesn't care enough to do a basic correction of what they typed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Pet peeve: People who you’re trying to explain something to and before you’re finished talking have to interrupt you with “I know”.  My sister and I are getting ready to sell our parent’s house (long story how we got here which I’m not going through here) - the next store neighbor showed interest a while back (before COVID) and we were receptive to selling to him.  Heard nothing for months,  not even a I’m still interested but it’s not a good time now sort of thing.  So a couple of weeks ago we heard from him and we had a time to show him the inside that ended up getting postponed.  We had a difficult time rescheduling (another annoying story) but now have a time.  In the interim my sister was talking with him on the phone about the house and trying to tell him how a lot of work needs to be done inside and during her explanation he says he knows because he’s been looking in the windows.  How much he’s seen I wonder because we’ve kept the blinds and drapes closed when we’re not there.  When I was there in December after it snowed I saw footprints going to the backyard to the back door so now I know that must of been him.  

I don’t know what to think about this guy right now but it will be interesting when he sees the inside to find out how much he thinks “he knows” about the house.  

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, GaT said:

Yeah.. this is a THICK WIDE PEN.. you put it against your skin and push the top.. the needle then comes out and also the medication.. as I said, I originally was so shocked by the needle that the medication went everywhere but into me.  lol

1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

I go to the market

I go too the market

I am too funny

I am to funny

Incase me in goo

In case me in goo

In case I am covered in goo, rinse me off

Incase I am covered in goo, rinse me off

The spelling check found nothing wrong with any of the above.  There is apparently no grammar check on this website.  MS word was only 75% correct on identifying the grammar errors.  People use them wrong all the time because they have come to rely on grammar/spell check tools like the rely on calculators to do math.

Greatful and grateful is less frequently wrong because one is always an incorrect spelling.  Seeing greatful is a sign that someone doesn't care enough to do a basic correction of what they typed.

Grammar was POUNDED into us in Catholic school.. that is why i am so grifted..oops gifted..lol

• LOL 3
55 minutes ago, Boston said:

Grammar was POUNDED into us in Catholic school.. that is why i am so grifted..oops gifted..lol

In school, I was taught to say forte correctly.  But I do not say forte correctly because no one says forte correctly.  So I would say it wrong with intent and then admonish myself in an internal dialogue.  Now I just never say it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I had no idea “grandbaby” bugged anyone! I apologize if you were were one of my coworkers who I used that name with. It’s just, he’s a baby! And I’m his grandma!  Is “grandkid” also peevy?  Anyway, now that his vocabulary is approaching mine, I acknowledge he’s no longer a grandbaby! He’s a grandperson! (Sorry)

Grandson would work perfectly.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

In school, I was taught to say forte correctly.  But I do not say forte correctly because no one says forte correctly.  So I would say it wrong with intent and then admonish myself in an internal dialogue.  Now I just never say it.

Same here.  I use it in writing, but avoid saying it, because I cannot bring myself to pronounce it incorrectly, yet I also cannot deal with the reaction when I say it correctly, so I just skip the whole thing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Some of us have struggled with spelling and written grammar our entire lives. My company doesn't use Microsoft products so relying on the grammar & spelling functions in Word and Outlook isn't an option. That's a whole other peeve.

Google docs does spell check as well. I also use the grammarly extension.

• Love 1

My Dad was from Baltimore and my Mom was from here (New England).  Dad was helping me with my spelling bee words.. Vividly remember me and him sitting at the dining room table.. and he asked me to spell (what to me sounded like).. CANOW.. so I said.. C A N O W.  Three times and he was frustrated and I didn't know why.. then my mother yelled in from the kitchen - CANAL.. ..LOL  love the memories

• LOL 3

I took piano, so I was taught to pronounce it for-tay.  And that's how I say it.  I didn't realize people pronounce it as "fort."  It's the same with foyer - it's foy-ay, not foy-ER (I cringe when I watch some real estate shows).

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Look in to getting a Google Voice Number.  You can assign your cell/home/whatever number to it and if it becomes too much of a hassle (lots of unwanted calls) you can remove the real phone number and delete the account.  

Thank you. I've heard of this but wasn't sure how it worked. I'll look up details, but basically I give my cell number in order to get the google voice number, which I can then give to people and not be identified the way I would be with my main cell number?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I use it in writing, but avoid saying it, because I cannot bring myself to pronounce it incorrectly, yet I also cannot deal with the reaction when I say it correctly, so I just skip the whole thing.

Don't you hate it when you speak properly, but other people think you are wrong because the world at large speaks incorrectly?   I promise you, people, I am right when I say "between you and me". 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Leeds said:

Same.  Unless the produce in question is really small or especially wet (I too hate the misters, which imo are merely a way to add weight to the item, particularly the leafy items), I simply put them in the cart sans plastic bag.  They're going in a plastic bag at checkout, so plastic bagging the plastic bag just seems too much.  They'll be washed anyway, so...

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Unless the produce in question is really small or especially wet (I too hate the misters, which imo are merely a way to add weight to the item, particularly the leafy items), I simply put them in the cart sans plastic bag. 

I have reusable mesh bags for produce, but I, too, leave a lot of it loose. 

47 minutes ago, Quof said:

Don't you hate it when you speak properly, but other people think you are wrong because the world at large speaks incorrectly?   I promise you, people, I am right when I say "between you and me". 

I think people have been conditioned to be afraid to use "me", so people, who otherwise use good grammar, will say things like "I cooked dinner for Linda and I".  I was taught to leave out the other name and see what it sounds like.  You wouldn't say "I cooked dinner for I."

ETA:  That was a poor example, but I hope it worked to make the point.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Quof said:

Yes, I'm no grammar nazi, but I find it sad proper English sounds foreign to so many people. It makes those of us who know better not bother out of fear of sounding pretentious. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you. I've heard of this but wasn't sure how it worked. I'll look up details, but basically I give my cell number in order to get the google voice number, which I can then give to people and not be identified the way I would be with my main cell number?

You set up the Google voice account, choose from a list of available numbers within the area code of your choice then put in your cell number - when done you give people the Google number.  They dial that number and your cell phone will ring.  You can set up the number to prompt the caller to give their name before you choose to accept the call.  You can also make calls from the number within the Google app (assuming you have a smartphone or a tablet) so the person you’re calling can see the Google number instead of your number.  

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, I'm no grammar nazi, but I find it sad proper English sounds foreign to so many people. It makes those of us who know better not bother out of fear of sounding pretentious. 

Yep, although considering forte a French word, I don't know if "proper English" is how I would describe it.

• LOL 2
43 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yep, although considering forte a French word, I don't know if "proper English" is how I would describe it.

In Italian, it's for-tay.  In French (for the feminine, anyway), you're right, it's fort (masculine would sound more like "four").  I've always pronounced it like one would in Italian.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, PRgal said:

In Italian, it's for-tay.  In French (for the feminine, anyway), you're right, it's fort (masculine would sound more like "four").  I've always pronounced it like one would in Italian.

I just avoid the word altogether and say strength instead. 

• Love 2

Pet peeve of the day - people who join FB groups (or any other place of course) devoted to an author who refuse to countenance any criticism however gentle!  In the group I belong to if you mention continuity issues as one example you will have at least a few posters jump down your throat because you are dissing their very bestest friend apparently!  Half the reason I think many of us join these groups is so we can discuss all aspects of our fave authors works - the good and the not so good!  It's nice to be around people who know what we're talking about!  Having a few rabid fans who can't understand this really spoils things for me.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Pet peeve of the day - people who join FB groups (or any other place of course) devoted to an author who refuse to countenance any criticism however gentle!  In the group I belong to if you mention continuity issues as one example you will have at least a few posters jump down your throat because you are dissing their very bestest friend apparently!  Half the reason I think many of us join these groups is so we can discuss all aspects of our fave authors works - the good and the not so good!  It's nice to be around people who know what we're talking about!  Having a few rabid fans who can't understand this really spoils things for me.

Yeah rabid fans are annoying in general. So are rabid haters. I like Britney Spears for example, but I'm not one of those saint Britney types who think anyone who's crossed path with her is responsible for her spiral. I also like Bill Maher, but on Primetimer, most of the people who post either hate watch or say they don't like his show but want to see what's being said. They don't want to hear anything nice about the guy.

• Love 2
On 2/13/2021 at 9:01 PM, Boston said:

My recent pet peeve:  I have to give myself shots (for CHOLESTEROL medication because my pills were discontinued) .. I have cholesterol problems from meds I have been on for 30 years. So NOW.. I have to go into my bathroom, grab my thigh, and scream bloody murder - the needle is like a staple gun).  I just did it tonight.. it is every 2 weeks; i am not a baby.. i can take shots.. but this??? I've had it.  Don't know if anyone has done this.  I know alot of people give themself shots.. but this , honestly is like driving a staple into wood.  But I'm still happy.

OMG .. I’ve had so much trouble with cholesterol meds.  I wound up in the hospital from Lipitor.  My liver count was thru the roof .. they didn’t know why.  After a million tests, they stopped the Lipitor and my count went back to normal.  Then, I tried many others to no avail.  Finally I found one that agreed with me.   It’s called “Livalo”  2 mg.  Zero side affects and my count went down to 170.  Ask about it.  Needles .. that’s harsh.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

OMG .. I’ve had so much trouble with cholesterol meds.  I wound up in the hospital from Lipitor.  My liver count was thru the roof .. they didn’t know why.  After a million tests, they stopped the Lipitor and my count went back to normal.  Then, I tried many others to no avail.  Finally I found one that agreed with me.   It’s called “Livalo”  2 mg.  Zero side affects and my count went down to 170.  Ask about it.  Needles .. that’s harsh.

I tried to answer your DM just now.. but it won't work.  I got put on Lipitor (after my Fluvastatin became extinct) and OMG.. My muscles went to mush.. I was making a cup of tea and couldn't even hold the handle on the cup.. spilled it all over me.. and i had to take to the couch (old fashioned saying..lol)  but honestly, i could hardly walk.  I stopped it right away.. and yes, I know it can cause liver problems.. i worked in the medical field for years.. but i had to try ANY lipid drug at that point.. now the shots.

• Love 2
On 2/14/2021 at 12:20 PM, Cobb Salad said:

Pet peeve: People who you’re trying to explain something to and before you’re finished talking have to interrupt you with “I know”.  My sister and I are getting ready to sell our parent’s house (long story how we got here which I’m not going through here) - the next store neighbor showed interest a while back (before COVID) and we were receptive to selling to him.  Heard nothing for months,  not even a I’m still interested but it’s not a good time now sort of thing.  So a couple of weeks ago we heard from him and we had a time to show him the inside that ended up getting postponed.  We had a difficult time rescheduling (another annoying story) but now have a time.  In the interim my sister was talking with him on the phone about the house and trying to tell him how a lot of work needs to be done inside and during her explanation he says he knows because he’s been looking in the windows.  How much he’s seen I wonder because we’ve kept the blinds and drapes closed when we’re not there.  When I was there in December after it snowed I saw footprints going to the backyard to the back door so now I know that must of been him.  

I don’t know what to think about this guy right now but it will be interesting when he sees the inside to find out how much he thinks “he knows” about the house.  

The day my Father died, the next door neighbor rang my fathers bell.  My sister answered and he said he wanted the house unseen and we sold it to him for the adjusters price.    I was so overwhelmed with him dying and selling the house, I left lots of furniture there, plus other things such as my Victoria and 78 records.  Myhusband cleaned the whole house for me.  To this day, I am so sorry I didn’t pay more attention to the house and the belongings.  Who knows what was hidden.  Plus the furniture was real wood, not the crap they sell now.  What a dope I was.  It was a two family with a basement and garage.  I could cry.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

The day my Father died, the next door neighbor rang my fathers bell.  My sister answered and he said he wanted the house unseen and we sold it to him for the adjusters price.    I was so overwhelmed with him dying and selling the house, I left lots of furniture there, plus other things such as my Victoria and 78 records.  Myhusband cleaned the whole house for me.  To this day, I am so sorry I didn’t pay more attention to the house and the belongings.  Who knows what was hidden.  Plus the furniture was real wood, not the crap they sell now.  What a dope I was.  It was a two family with a basement and garage.  I could cry.

Please don't beat yourself up over that.  It's just stuff.  As the bolded says, you don't even know what was actually there, so don't be sad about it.  My sister and I were tasked with clearing out dad's storage unit and we got to the point where we were just throwing stuff out even though we knew it may have some "value".  We still laugh about it since it would just be more clutter in the house now and we don't even remember what it was.  I hope your memories of your dad are lovely and will comfort you as the years go on.  The stuff won't (at least for us - I realize others have different opinions, but I hope you don't let it make you cry).

Edited by ebk57
new and knew are different - I (k)now this
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

When I put my dad in care, I had to  sell his house. I know I probably left some things I will miss later but my DH made sure to get all the photo albums and I had enough presence of mind to have their beautiful dining room furniture (antique, solid walnut) into our storage unit. But there are some things I should have saved. But you know what, we do the best we can, all of us. You did the best you could and coped with your grief. ((((hugs))))

• Love 4
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Even if no one lives there, it is pretty damn creepy to be looking through a neighbor's windows like that,  I would be more than a little pissed off.  I would ask myself a whole lot of questions about that type of behavior.  

Does he know something about the house that you don't?

Is he trying to buy the house in order to flip it?  Meaning he wants to get it on the cheap and knows he can sell it for a lot more.

Are there things of value hidden in that house?

I could go on and on with more questions.

You are reading my mind! I grew up in this house so I care about it but I am ready to let it go - for a fair price.  
He has some rental properties - he told us he’s interested in the house for a relative.  I had been wondering about the flipping idea myself.  We’re not going to let the house go for cheap so someone else can make a killing on it later.  We have an appraisal that we’re working from and if he tries to lowball us my sister and I are ok with turning down his offer.  The kitchen badly needs updating (gutting out and replacing everything) so that might discourage him.  Then there are the bathrooms that need sprucing up.  I’m pretty sure he’s not privy to anything about the house that we’re not but given his behavior so far he’s been making observations than letting us tell him stuff.

Yes, he does have some nerve going on to the property to look through the back door window.  I wouldn’t have even known when he did it if it wasn’t for the snow when I went to shovel out the driveway back in December and saw the footprints. I can’t believe he owned up to it.   

We’ve already moved anything of value out of the house.  That was the first thing I did when we moved my parents out of the house.  Who knows what this guy is thinking regarding what he may think is inside and his reaction to seeing it’s pretty much empty.  

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

We’ve already moved anything of value out of the house.  That was the first thing I did when we moved my parents out of the house.  Who knows what this guy is thinking regarding what he may think is inside and his reaction to seeing it’s pretty much empty.  

Whether you choose to sell to him or not I'd just be glad he will never be your neighbour again!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Whether you choose to sell to him or not I'd just be glad he will never be your neighbour again!

Absolutely.  My parents were friendly with them overall but this current situation makes me want to scream.  I can’t deal with “know it alls” at all.  

• Love 3

Very new pet peeve caused by the last couple of days: Being without power for two days during a winter storm. I am in San Antonio, and we got snow Sunday night. The power went off and on again that night but went out and stayed out starting around 9am. It came back on around 4:30 am today, but only for an hour and nothing since. I’ve been charging my phone in the car. I know there are news stories about this complete clusterfuck, but this to me isn’t some kind of controlled rolling blackouts. It’s absolute chaos, and the date for a return to normal seems to be a moving target. The temperature inside my house was 56 degrees yesterday. I am cool with the occasional 2-3 hour power outage after bad thunderstorms, but this is crazy.