Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, SweetSable said:

The same reason some people refuse to wear masks - it's 'Murica and you can't tell them what to do - health, safety, and common sense be damned!

Makes me wonder how most states have somehow managed to pass the seatbelt law so easily and most folks accepted it so readily. I feel like those laws infringe on our personal freedoms and rights far more than states requiring wearing masks in certain public areas. How does not wearing a seatbelt in one’s own vehicle harm others/infringe on anyone else’s safety or health beyond potential first responders who would likely have to assist with a messier car accident scene otherwise? And why do so many school busses *still* remain seatbelt free, if seatbelts are so essential otherwise??(I’m aware that this is a monetary issue, but still)

Guess I get sore about that one in particular because I feel like it just gives the police more false reasons to pull drivers over. 

Like I’ve been pulled over twice in the past because of seatbelts....the first time I didn’t put one on because I was literally driving two blocks down from the building I’d just left from to re-park my car in a safer downtown parking lot(I’m still bitter over that one; that asshole motorcycle cop cost me $25 despite my explanation). The second time it was after midnight, I was wearing a wild strappy top that blended in with my belt, and the cop claimed he wanted to “make sure” I was wearing my seatbelt; I’m convinced he just wanted to “make sure” I hadn’t been drinking(I hadn’t) since he was probably looking for an easy DUI case that night.

And I say all this as a firm seatbelt-supporter who won’t let anyone ride in my car without one. But I do get pissed off that it’s somehow a law that everyone has to “click it or ticket” in their own vehicles; where’s the anti-masker outrage there??

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Makes me wonder how most states have somehow managed to pass the seatbelt law so easily and most folks accepted it so readily. I feel like those laws infringe on our personal freedoms and rights far more than states requiring wearing masks in certain public areas.

I remember when they were first passed in my state.  There was a bunch of grumbling and moaning and I'm sure probably a lot of people not doing it.  You're in your own car, so unless you're in an accident or pulled over for something else, most people aren't going to know if you were or not.  Anyway, after a few years it just became something you did.  I'm sure this will be the same.  In a couple of years, we'll jsut all get used to it and most people will end up doing it without a thought.

• Love 3

Working from home and I’m fine with it after all these months.   My pet peeve though is I’m sitting here all morning, it’s nice and quiet plus no meetings or need to get on the phone with anyone.  Several times over the past few weeks, I’ll get on a call and wouldn’t you know, the landscaper shows up and starts running the lawn mower and goes back and forth with the noise.  I’m in a development so I have no control over when and what time they show up.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I'm sure this will be the same.  In a couple of years, we'll jsut all get used to it and most people will end up doing it without a thought.

God I hope not. That is to say, I don't want to have to wear a mask for the rest of my life after this pandemic is over and there is a workable vaccine, when I go out. I miss human contact and I miss my friends and family.

I'm waiting for the day when I can go out to a restaurant and eat, or just go out for coffee with friends without having to wear a mask.

But as of right now? I ALWAYS mask up and wear gloves. 

9 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

Working from home and I’m fine with it after all these months.   My pet peeve though is I’m sitting here all morning, it’s nice and quiet plus no meetings or need to get on the phone with anyone.  Several times over the past few weeks, I’ll get on a call and wouldn’t you know, the landscaper shows up and starts running the lawn mower and goes back and forth with the noise.  I’m in a development so I have no control over when and what time they show up.  

PREACH! This happens way too often and thank goodness for the mute button so my attorneys' ears aren't bleeding like mine are.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

God I hope not. That is to say, I don't want to have to wear a mask for the rest of my life after this pandemic is over and there is a workable vaccine, when I go out. I miss human contact and I miss my friends and family.

Me, too, but there's no guarantee that this will ever be over.  Most logical scenario is 3 years.  I hope it's not more than that.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Makes me wonder how most states have somehow managed to pass the seatbelt law so easily

Fun fact I learned on a local PBS broadcast one night... the anti-helmet people and the pro-forcing-smoking-out-of-businesses people in Illinois use the same lobbyist.  They must be very good at their jobs, because we don't have a helmet law, and our state legislature has no problems trampling over any other "rights" (real or imagined).

I'm old enough to remember when people didn't wear seatbelts, and it was definitely a big thing here.  I honestly never really wore one until I went through Driver's Ed, where we had to put one on, and it became second nature.  That, and they started making all cars with the seatbelt reminder beeps that drive me up a wall.  I swear my new car gets louder and more frequent until I buckle it.  😄 

• Love 4

Headphones with a mic have become indispensable, because inevitably landscapers, utility company tree removers, garbage trucks, neighbors with power tools, etc always start up when I'm in a meeting or giving a class.

• Love 4
On 9/11/2020 at 2:32 PM, shapeshifter said:

Put me down as someone who has never before heard of a groom's cake (didn't see the movie either).
But if I had a choice, the groom's cake sounds way better.

My best friend made a grooms cake for one of our friends who got married in the mid 90's. It was chocolate flavored. 

• Love 1

We need to discuss intersectional diversity.  We're so focused on one kind right now - ethnicity/race (and gender, too...so two).  We forget about, say, ability-ism/ableism, classism and even regionalism.  A board can bring me on because I fulfill their gender and ethnicity "requirement," yet because of my upraising, I'm "just like" perhaps 90% of the others.  And ability-ism/ableism is got to be the LAST on people's lists of "diversity."  If you're an organization for, say, hearing loss, you better have someone on the board who HAS hearing loss.  That, however, isn't always the case.

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 2

This is a stupid peeve, but it's my main issue this week. I had eyelid surgery on Monday (partially for medical reasons, partially for cosmetic reasons) and my stupid body EVERY SINGLE TIME swells up like a beach ball. It doesn't matter if it's surgery, if it's a light bump, if it's a minor bruise, my body will freak the hell out and react by swelling up at the site of the injury. Anywhere, anytime. I hate that swelling is my body's immune response to everything. I look like a complete freak show and it's really annoying to try and work around lower lids that are so swollen I look like I lost a round to Mike Tyson. Thank goodness for working from home and giant sunglasses. 

*And to note, my doctor is aware of the swelling issue. Most people do swell some with this type of surgery, my body is just an overachiever in this area. 

Today my peeve is aging. I think I look pretty good for my age (63) I've only gained ten pounds over the forty years I been married to my DH, my hair is still thick and wavy (dyed because it's starting to turn white) I don't have any wrinkles to speak of but then I reach for something and... feel like screaming when this hideous claw emerges from my sleeve. Yikes!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Today my peeve is aging. I think I look pretty good for my age (63) I've only gained ten pounds over the forty years I been married to my DH, my hair is still thick and wavy (dyed because it's starting to turn white) I don't have any wrinkles to speak of but then I reach for something and... feel like screaming when this hideous claw emerges from my sleeve. Yikes!

When exactly does one start feeling old?  I look young for my age (41) as well, but lately, I've already started feeling aches and pains.  And I work out and eat well (my dad says I eat "too clean").  Plus I don't recognize a lot of celebrities anymore.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, PRgal said:

When exactly does one start feeling old?  I look young for my age (41) as well, but lately, I've already started feeling aches and pains.  And I work out and eat well (my dad says I eat "too clean").  Plus I don't recognize a lot of celebrities anymore.  

I wonder if anyone ever does. Having a kid kept me up on pop culture but he moved out fourteen years ago. I guess that's why there's a multi billion dollar industry built around aging. Plastic surgeons, cosmetics, spas, creams and unguents of every description. My dad told me that fifty seven was his cut off age for having sex (um thanks dad, tmi) but I know that's bull. 

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Preaching to the choir. I'm trying to understand why I suddenly have all this crepey skin under my arms, & I can see it starting on my neck.  I don't understand it because I don't have any crows feet,  & I'm not getting my hair done so I'm seeing my natural color for the first time in years & I only have a few strands of gray which look more blonde than gray, so why do I suddenly have arms that belong on a body 20 years older?

7 hours ago, PRgal said:

Plus I don't recognize a lot of celebrities anymore.  

Yep, that's a big one. I sometimes have Nick music on & I'll watch a few videos & I swear they're all under 18 years old & I have no idea who they are. The one that kills me is people on TikTok who are millionaires because they make short videos of them dancing & I don't get it.

Edited by GaT
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, GaT said:

Yep, that's a big one. I sometimes have Nick music on & I'll watch a few videos & I swear they're all under 18 years old & I have no idea who they are. The one that kills me is people on TikTok who are millionaires because they make short videos of them dancing & I don't get it.

I stopped getting it when Snapchat was a thing 

• Love 6
On 10/6/2020 at 3:02 PM, Jane Tuesday said:

I'm old enough to remember when people didn't wear seatbelts, and it was definitely a big thing here.  I honestly never really wore one until I went through Driver's Ed, where we had to put one on, and it became second nature.  That, and they started making all cars with the seatbelt reminder beeps that drive me up a wall.  I swear my new car gets louder and more frequent until I buckle it.

yes, I am old enough to remember dad driving the station wagon, all of us kids in the back, and when he was on the entrance ramp - "OK kids, we're getting on the highway - buckle those seatbelts!"   (and we had to share - more kids than belts)   my pet peeve when raising my kids was how many parents would offer to carpool to activities, but didn't make kids wear seatbelts.   And some kids in MY car, would tell me "my parents don't make me wear a seatbelt."   My response, was always some version, of "my car my rules."  

• Love 6

talking to my sister recently  and  I realized a peeve of mine.   People (my sister in particular)  who order others (me)  to "tell that story about the time......"   to another person or a group.    NO!   I don't tell stories on command.   I talk about what I want to talk about  when I want to talk about it.  When someone does this, it pushes all my buttons.  If I relent and tell the story, I do it in the most boring, factual way, no embellishments, no emotion,  and make it clear that I have no idea why she would want me to repeat the story.   Like she'll say "tell about the time a dog ran out in front of your car and you almost got into an accident".  and I will say, "Yeah, a dog ran in front of my car and I almost got into an accident."   Then I go back to whatever I was talking about or doing before, hoping that she will not do that to me again.   But she does. 

Why do people do stuff like this?  I would never do that to her - even though she might like it. she's  more outgoing and likes to be the center of attention, I do not.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Last night I broke a tooth and now am in constant pain, and have been trying to find a dentist.  My dentist retired last month and the dentist he referred me to also retired.  Now I have to find a new dentist, fast.  That was a tooth that had had a small crack in it that my former dentist was monitoring.  He didn't want to do anything to it until it became a huge problem.  Now that it is broken, he isn't there to fix it.

Have you tried calling a holistic dentist?  They can work small miracles!  Chances are you can find one in your area.

So sorry to hear about your lousy week!

Edited by magicdog
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

So, I called the doctor just as his office opened this morning to ask if they he could prescribe some medication for the pain just to get me through the weekend.   So his nurse talked with the doctor and said they could do that and that the prescription would be available at the pharmacy in a couple of hours.  I originally called him at 8:00am.  So, I kept checking with the pharmacy and they knew nothing about the prescription.  I called the doctor's office back at noon, and of course they were out at lunch.  I called them back at 1:00pm and they said it will be a couple of hours and the pharmacy will have it.  Then I checked with the pharmacy at 4:00pm and they still didn't have the prescription.  I called the doctor's office and they said it will get filled.  I called the doctor at 6:00pm he said he was eating, he was on call and he said he will fill the prescription later after he eats.

I have been in pain since I broke the tooth since yesterday at 5:00pm.   I have waited all this time and the asshole still hasn't filled the prescription.  It has been eleven hours since I first called him.  I wasn't looking for anything strong, I was just looking for something to reduce the pain so the broken tooth area will stop throbbing and so I can sleep.    I won't be able to eat much anyway.  I don't want to get any food near the broken tooth area since I don't know how badly that tooth is damaged.   The last thing I need is to have it infected.  I do know that at least have of that tooth is gone.  It isn't bleeding, so I assume the root is still intact, and hopefully I will only need a root canal and a cap.   I have had so many root canals, I am used to the pain.

Ibuprofen (4 x 200mg) and Orajel if you can't get something stronger.  Rinse/swish with diluted hydrogen peroxide (1 prt to 3 prts water) to help stave off infection.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 1
On 10/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, PRgal said:

When exactly does one start feeling old? 

On 10/8/2020 at 2:28 PM, peacheslatour said:

I wonder if anyone ever does. 

im-40-but-i-still-feel-like-im-20-until-

And with that, my peeve is how shitty I feel after a couple beers. I LOVE Oktoberfest beers. They are my favorite beer family and I only allow myself to drink them in October. But more than 2? And I'm useless the next day. If I have 2? It's going to be iffy. I used to be able to drink and drink and sure, be pretty toasted but I could function the next day!

And my other peeve is the change manufacturers are making to pull top cans. I can never open them fully and they don't play well with can openers. When I was a kid I sliced my finger up on a pull top fruit cup (like this, but fruit) and have hated them ever since.

dm1.jpg

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

And my other peeve is the change manufacturers are making to pull top cans. I can never open them fully and they don't play well with can openers. When I was a kid I sliced my finger up on a pull top fruit cup (like this, but fruit) and have hated them ever since.

We got the canned puddings in our lunch sacks and I wish I had a dollar for every time mom warned "DO NOT LICK THE LID!!!"

• LOL 9
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I think the one thing that affects most people as they age is the sudden need for reading glasses.  I have always had lousy vision so none of that really affected me.  I have always worn glasses.  But to me, the first sign of aging for those who have never worn glasses, is the realization that they need them.  And there are many people that will do whatever they can to avoid having to wear them, even if they have to hold a newspaper or magazine two and half feet away from them in order to read it. 

I keep feeling like that day's coming for me eventually. My eyesight's always been strong*, but there are a few things in recent years I've had to squint at to read properly. Generally that's due to the fact that the print was so tiny, but still... And my mom and dad have had to wear reading glasses as they got older. So I figure it's only a matter of time before the same thing happens to me. 

If and when that day comes, though, I'd never avoid having to wear my glasses when need be. 

*I remember once, when I was a kid, they were doing an eyesight test for me at school and they thought that perhaps I might've needed glasses, so my parents took me to an optometrist. They nearly missed the sign on the building indicating where the office was, though-ironically, I was the one who noticed it and pointed it out to them :p. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Want to hear something weird? About two years ago my Dr. was fiddling with my BP meds and one of them made me faint. One of the times I fainted, I hit my head. I broke my nose, split my lip and cracked a rib. But the weird thing is, I no longer need reading glasses.

I am not sure if this is a peeve or a COVID post, so I opted for here (mainly because this one is more fun, generally). Halloween is my favorite holiday season (yes, SEASON!) and it's RUINED! BOO (the "boo" that is synonymous with "bummer," that is, and not the fun Halloween "boo"!). Damn IT!

I've gotten lucky in this regard too (despite being late 40s...and still crazy about Halloween, haha!). Face, no wrinkles, always had good skin. But, and perhaps I am veering into TMI territory, oh my goodness, my BUTT/HIPS! The perky, she is GONE! At least it's nothing that can be noticed while dressed, ahahhahhaa (not that I have been getting legit "dressed" lately...or that many people these days seem me dressed or otherwise)! I did use an Amazon gift card to get myself a few new super-fabulous pajama sets (called "jim-jams" in this house!) after getting fed up with the regular rotation, which I trashed! Which leas me to another peeve...

At the beginning of all this, I did the closet switch-out for summer clothes. I wore almost none of them! And now it's suddenly time to do it again in reverse. And I even got myself some shoe shelves for my large but badly configured walk-in closet (you guys, I made it so cool and organized!). And this makes me mad at myself for being a greedy-ass clothing collector!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 6

My dad didn't have a clue who a local celebrity (known for his tacky jewellery stores) is, so I tried to show him how this guy did his commercials.  Dad said I was being too over the top.  However, that's how that guy's ads ARE.  Dad still didn't get it.  Is it just sexism?  Or did he just not understand that I was trying to imitate the guy's commercials? 

Because of covid, my husband absolutely refuses to let anyone in the house unless it's an emergency. This means no carpet cleaners. That wouldn't be so bad (except for having filthy carpets) normally, but we also have an old, blind cat who has stopped using litter boxes. We have pee pads all over the floor in the room she mostly stays in, but she misses often, & the carpet is absolutely disgusting & smelly. On top of that, I have injured.....something in my back (possibly) & have a lot of pain, so doing any kind of major cleaning is more than I can handle. We are now the old people whose house stinks like cats. It's driving me crazy.

• LOL 1

Bissell makes good carpet cleaners, and Costco has good prices on them.  I think if you use one of its ubiquitous coupons (especially if combined with a sale), Bed Bath & Beyond is another good option.  (I got mine at Costco; I only have carpet in one room, but I'd rather clean it myself.)

Make sure you use an enzyme-based cleaner (e.g. Anti-Icky Poo [I know, terrible name, but good product] or Nature's Miracle) rather than a carpet shampoo; otherwise, while you won't smell pee anymore, your cat still will, and will return to the scene of the crime.  And, given the condition you describe, soak the ever-loving hell out of the carpet and let it sit (so it can penetrate the pad and sub-floor).

(Have you had kitty checked for a UTI, to make sure it's not a new medical issue causing the wayward peeing problem?)

Good luck, and best wishes for your cat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Bissell makes good carpet cleaners, and Costco has good prices on them.  I think if you use one of its ubiquitous coupons (especially if combined with a sale), Bed Bath & Beyond is another good option.  (I got mine at Costco; I only have carpet in one room, but I'd rather clean it myself.)

Make sure you use an enzyme-based cleaner (e.g. Anti-Icky Poo [I know, terrible name, but good product] or Nature's Miracle) rather than a carpet shampoo; otherwise, while you won't smell pee anymore, your cat still will, and will return to the scene of the crime.  And, given the condition you describe, soak the ever-loving hell out of the carpet and let it sit (so it can penetrate the pad and sub-floor).

(Have you had kitty checked for a UTI, to make sure it's not a new medical issue causing the wayward peeing problem?)

Good luck, and best wishes for your cat.

He won't buy a carpet cleaner because "we won't use it & we'll have to find someplace to store it". I have tried to explain that the reason we would buy it would be so we can use it, but he is just being blind to it. 

Kitty is also diabetic, so we think that may have something to do with it. We give her an insulin shot twice a day, but that's pretty much all we can do.

7 minutes ago, GaT said:

Kitty is also diabetic, so we think that may have something to do with it. We give her an insulin shot twice a day, but that's pretty much all we can do.

They do pee a lot, especially when their blood sugar is too high; are you testing her glucose level before insulin injection and at insulin peak (so when her blood sugar will be at its highest and lowest, respectively) to see if maybe she needs a higher dose?  A high protein and very low carb diet can help, too.

As for the carpet cleaner, in your shoes I'd definitely go get/order one unless there truly was no room to put it (and, really, even if it had to just sit in a corner somewhere, I'd still get one, because smelling urine-stained carpet until the pandemic is over and you can have carpet cleaners come in does not sound like fun!).  But then I remembered you've hurt your back and wouldn't want to be using it yourself, and it sounds like your husband might refuse to do it.  Hmm.  It's not much heavier than a vacuum, so maybe you'd be able to manage a little at a time?  Sorry you're having to deal with all this.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Bastet said:

They do pee a lot, especially when their blood sugar is too high; are you testing her glucose level before insulin injection and at insulin peak (so when her blood sugar will be at its highest and lowest, respectively) to see if maybe she needs a higher dose?  A high protein and very low carb diet can help, too.

We test her all the time, & she was just at the vet a couple of weeks ago, & they tested her too, & her levels are OK. I'm just going to have to continue to soak up the pee with towels. We have towels just for this purpose which we of course call pee towels. Also, I've found 70% rubbing alcohol helps with the stain & the smell, & we use some stuff calle Clean n' Smart too. This is my life now.

4 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Can you still rent carpet cleaners?  I think our local grocery store used to have them for rent.

Oh, I forgot all about that - yeah, those red ones.  I just looked it up, and in my area they're available for rent at Home Depot and two grocery store chains. 

• Love 4

We have 2 frequent barfers. Thank you for reminding me that I should take advantage of lockdown downtime to do a real carpet cleaning!

Edited by TattleTeeny
The barfers are cats--2 long-haired brothers--lest someone think I meant people.
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

We have 2 frequent barfers. Thank you for reminding me that I should take advantage of lockdown downtime to do a real carpet cleaning!

Same here.  Every damn day it seems, one or both leave me a steamy pile of cat yak.  Love my kitties, but over.it.

• Love 1

My latest peeve is how they hem jeans. They used to have a one inch hem. Now it’s a quarter to a half inch. Every time I wash them they curl up. I have to dampen them and then put something with weight on the hems to get them to go straight down or iron them. 

• Love 1

I bought a Bissel spot cleaner when I was dealing with 2 elderly kitties, and it was so worth it. It clean spots really well. I used the Bissel pet carpet cleaning spray with the machine. It worked on older stains as well. I also highly recommend Nature’s Miracle for immediate treating, it was the best for getting rid of the smell. Also helpful was a UV black light flashlight so I could see the spots. Sometimes it was obvious, and other times they just peed a tiny bit, so the flashlight was the only was I could find all of the spots. I miss the 2 cats, but not the constant cleaning and dealing with puppy pads.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I bought a Bissel spot cleaner when I was dealing with 2 elderly kitties, and it was so worth it. It clean spots really well. I used the Bissel pet carpet cleaning spray with the machine. It worked on older stains as well. I also highly recommend Nature’s Miracle for immediate treating, it was the best for getting rid of the smell. Also helpful was a UV black light flashlight so I could see the spots. Sometimes it was obvious, and other times they just peed a tiny bit, so the flashlight was the only was I could find all of the spots. I miss the 2 cats, but not the constant cleaning and dealing with puppy pads.

I pick up what I can with a paper towel, then use Nature's Miracle and a rubber-bristle brush (I have a "thing" with scrubbing the a carpet with any kind of textile--ugh, I just gave myself a shiver thinking about it now! Ick). My plan is a deep-cleaning with a rented thing, and then, going forward, maybe I'll get out the steam mop for each incident.  

My latest peeve is how they hem jeans. They used to have a one inch hem. Now it’s a quarter to a half inch. Every time I wash them they curl up. I have to dampen them and then put something with weight on the hems to get them to go straight down or iron them. 

It is even worse with bellbottoms! Plus, as a short girl with tall-person legs, I always need to let the hems down and there is just not enough extra!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I pick up what I can with a paper towel, then use Nature's Miracle and a rubber-bristle brush (I have a "thing" with scrubbing the a carpet with any kind of textile--ugh, I just gave myself a shiver thinking about it now! Ick). My plan is a deep-cleaning with a rented thing, and then, going forward, maybe I'll get out the steam mop for each incident.  

It is even worse with bellbottoms! Plus, as a short girl with tall-person legs, I always need to let the hems down and there is just not enough extra!

I too have freakishly long legs for a short girl. Hubby is five inches taller than me and his jeans hit me at the ankle. I just make sure my jeans have at least a 33' inseam.

• Love 4

I have stubby t-Rex arms, and have to get all of my jacket sleeves hemmed. It’s actually on my list of things to do this week. Sometimes I can wear petite tops and coats despite being 5’7 (I also have a short torso). I also hate how inconsistent women’s sizes between brands.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Can you still rent carpet cleaners?  I think our local grocery store used to have them for rent.

You can but I prefer preofessionals.  The best ones use water only to clean carpets.  In my area, there are two I've used successfully:  Zerorez and Carbonated Solutions.  Zerorez seems to be nationwide however.  The carpet also dries much faster and the smell is much fresher than chemically treated shampooing jobs.

The problem with using shampoos on carpets (professional machines or not) is that the soap remains in the carpet and attracts dirt faster.  Using cleaners that utilize water to clean leaves no residue so carpets are less likely to be sticky or attract dirt.    

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I too have freakishly long legs for a short girl. Hubby is five inches taller than me and his jeans hit me at the ankle. I just make sure my jeans have at least a 33' inseam.

UNFAIR! Where is the tallness that the rest of my family has?! And what good are these tall legs if I still need a steppy-stool all the time? And I feel like I am a head right on top of a waist!

• LOL 4