Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by JTMacc99,

Your pet peeves are your pet peeves, and you should feel free to express them here. This topic is not to be used to say you are peeved by another member of this community or something they said, either in this topic, or somewhere else in the forums. Additionally, please take ALL language related peeves (word usage, regional sayings, punctuation...) to the Grammar topic.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Pretty much. And I just made it and adjective. Once it's been used as a verb, next stop: The Oxford English Dictionary.

I heard the Canadians are changing it to "physical distancing," because Canadians have no problem admitting something else might be better.

Actually, physical distancing really makes sense because that's what we're supposed to do (whether we're socializing, or not speaking to the people in our, beyond 6 ft, midst!) Thanks, Canada.

• Love 10

I've been bitching about people too stupid to walk facing traffic for years. My conclusion, based on my observation, is that unless they're on a track team, younger people have not been taught how to safely walk in the street. The older people I see seem to get it.

But my real pet peeve is about the most useless and unhelpful advice I've heard over and over again from people telling you how to cope with being cooped up in the house: Be creative! Always said in a chirpy, perky tone. OH! Be *creative*. Damn, wish I'd thought of that. Let me just flip the creative switch on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
49 minutes ago, ABay said:

But my real pet peeve is about the most useless and unhelpful advice I've heard over and over again from people telling you how to cope with being cooped up in the house: Be creative! Always said in a chirpy, perky tone. OH! Be *creative*. Damn, wish I'd thought of that. Let me just flip the creative switch on.

It seems your problem may be that you're not creative so don't know how to follow the "be creative" advice.  Let me help you out with that. It's quite simple.  I can sum it up in two words.

Be creative.

Now before you get all mad at me, that was a joke.  

My pet peeve is although I think I'm funny, most other people tend to disagree.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, forumfish said:

Sis and I have added "social distance hug!" to our daily vocabulary. It's just a regular hug, but with each of us turning our faces away from each other. 'cause you know, those extra couple of inches keep the germs away. We live in the same house and I'm her wheelchair-to-bed transfer person, so we can't stay six feet apart or she'd never get out of bed.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not, sorry.  You do know that members of the same household aren't really expected to keep six feet apart.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ABay said:

That’s a great pet peeve and one of mine too. Any advice of “be the best you!” leaves me with- I need next steps!

After breakups I’ve googled and it’s like “join a club of like minded people”. Ok- where is the club listening to Roy Orbison and drinking copious amounts of Pinot Grigio and using the hell out of Uber Eats. I will sign up!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

using the hell out of Uber Eats.

Which, as of today, I will no longer do. Yes, Yes, First World Problems, but for the second time in two weeks, they didn't deliver my order. See, I've chosen: "leave at my front door" NOT "leave outside of my building on the dirty sidewalk" which is what they did today. I wouldn't have known if I didn't go downstairs just to see WHERE they "delivered" my coffee. Last week they didn't deliver at all; then they delivered a COLD Frappuccino, with the "extra hot" on the label of the cup. And then this today, when it looked like they didn't deliver it. The driver didn't bother to call or text me, like Uber "states" they will do. I stopped using their driving service when I was waiting to be picked up a few years ago to attend the Lolly Locks fundraiser. When the driver was one foot away, he turned around and cancelled the ride for...reasons. So I've been using Lyft ever since. Uber SUCKS.

When I thought that they had failed to deliver today, Uber sent me an email stating after "considerable research into this matter, we are unable to refund this order" even though this is not "their standard". It's like a "sorry, not sorry" kind of unprofessional (to me anyway), passive aggressive note.

Their drivers I guess are too lazy now? So tit for tat, because I'm feeling petty, and being isolated with no fur babies to keep me company or no children, I'm going to call my bank to dispute this charge.

• Love 7

People who use the words "unprecedented", "hunker down", or even have the nerve to call this a "special time" are at the top of my shit list. Especially the last one. 

I'm also currently annoyed by how long the stupid Overlook eBook program my library has has certain books but not others and how freaking long it takes them to get the books you "recommend" for them. 

I miss my library.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So tit for tat, because I'm feeling petty, and being isolated with no fur babies to keep me company or no children, I'm going to call my bank to dispute this charge.

That's not being petty. If they charged you for services they failed to provide, you absolutely need to dispute the charge.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm also currently annoyed by how long the stupid Overlook eBook program my library has has certain books but not others and how freaking long it takes them to get the books you "recommend" for them. 

I miss my library.

I've been reading e-books from my library and haven't physically gone to the library in years, but this also annoys me about my library.  We use both Overdrive and Cloud Library, and no matter how many times I request a certain book sometimes they never get them and they're popular authors too.  Also Overdrive used to allow me to check out 15 books at once(not that I can read that many) but since Coronavirus they're limiting the number of books I can check out to 3 which is really annoying especially when my mom wants to use my library account because I have more books than her local library.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Uber sent me an email stating after "considerable research into this matter, we are unable to refund this order" even though this is not "their standard".

WTF?? Did they eat your lunch and decide not to reimburse you?  So weird...

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

People who use the words "unprecedented", "hunker down", or even have the nerve to call this a "special time" are at the top of my shit list. Especially the last one. 

I miss my library.

Overdrive still allows me ten books out, but I recommended a book weeks ago, and it still isn't available. I don't know what's involved in getting them on the site, I don't really mind right now, but I can't remember if they've added anything else I've recommended in the past.

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

WTF?? Did they eat your lunch and decide not to reimburse you?  So weird...

Nope. Because they screwed up the two previous times and adjusted/gave me a refund, they couldn’t refund my money for their THIRD screw up. That’s right. It’s my fault they fucked up.

I called my bank to dispute the charge. And unlike in the past, I have to wait 120 days before they’ll credit my account.🤬🤬

So I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I read on the Uber Eats site a list of other people who they’ve done this to as well. Giving the same reasons: because through their own fuck ups, they refunded their charges, they couldn’t do it the third time they fucked up.

i even emailed the CEO, even though I know it won’t make a difference.

I realize it’s a small amount, but it’s the PRINCIPLE!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Anela said:

Overdrive still allows me ten books out, but I recommended a book weeks ago, and it still isn't available. I don't know what's involved in getting them on the site, I don't really mind right now, but I can't remember if they've added anything else I've recommended in the past.

My understanding is the limit is set by the library system itself (associated with the card(s) you entered in the app), not the app directly. Likewise the availability of titles is based on the library system having rights to X digital "copies". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The BBB can't really do much. But filing a complaint with your state Attorney General's office? That may get their attention.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Moose135 said:
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The BBB can't really do much. But filing a complaint with your state Attorney General's office? That may get their attention.

The major broadcast stations (e.g., CBS, ABC) in Chicago (and maybe other major or minor cities?) investigate scams that get ignored by the courts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm either misunderstanding the situation, or this isn't something the AG or media would be interested in -- wasn't the order in question delivered, just not to the right place?  As I read it, the item (coffee?) was left outside the building, not outside the individual apartment as requested, and delivery notification was either unclear or nonexistent, so that when she went looking, she found the product, but only because she went hunting.

This on the heels of prior errors.

If so, that's definitely an order the company should have comped, and ridiculous it wouldn't because this would be the third of its errors on one account, but not something anyone is going to take up a crusade over.  Dispute the charge and accept what happens is my recommendation (again, if I understand the situation correctly).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm either misunderstanding the situation, or this isn't something the AG or media would be interested in -- wasn't the order in question delivered, just not to the right place?  As I read it, the item (coffee?) was left outside the building, not outside the individual apartment as requested, and delivery notification was either unclear or nonexistent, so that when she went looking, she found the product, but only because she went hunting.

This on the heels of prior errors.

If so, that's definitely an order the company should have comped, and ridiculous it wouldn't because this would be the third of its errors on one account, but not something anyone is going to take up a crusade over.  Dispute the charge and accept what happens is my recommendation (again, if I understand the situation correctly).

Yes, this is right. It's a pattern of errors that happened with each and every order I placed with them. That's why I said in my original post that I don't care if I'm being petty in disputing the charge. And it was when I was looking to contact a "higher up" if you will at Uber Eats, that I discovered I'm not the only one they've done this with.

I know the BBB can't do anything; I just felt better having reported them. Petty, see? Especially in light of their auto response of "We have such high standards and regret this happened to you" but so sad, too bad, we're not going to adjust the charges for our umpteenth mistake because we already did so for all our previous mistakes.

I don't know if was my last email telling them that their "response" to not refund the charges for their mistake did the trick, or maybe it was me "yelling" that it was unacceptable, or if some higher ups got the email I sent to the CEO, but I got an email today from Uber Eats support, letting me know they gave me a full refund.

I don't care. I'm getting my money back for their umpteenth screw up.

If it wasn't for my compromised immune system, I would go and do the curb side pick-up. But I only go out for groceries. My local CVS is delivering my meds for free and they arrive within a day or two of refilling them.

Like I posted up thread, it was the principle of the whole thing.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't know if was my last email telling them that their "response" to not refund the charges for their mistake did the trick, or maybe it was me "yelling" that it was unacceptable, or if some higher ups got the email I sent to the CEO, but I got an email today from Uber Eats support, letting me know they gave me a full refund.

If it wasn't for my compromised immune system, I would go and do the curb side pick-up. But I only go out for groceries. My local CVS is delivering my meds for free and they arrive within a day or two of refilling them.

Hey, the squeaky wheel and all. Good for you for standing up for your self.

• Love 6

This is also about delivery, but it involves Whole Foods and an increasing pet peeve I've noticed for some time now, that is creating a frozen meal with no oven directions.  I had asked WF for Saffron Road Palak Paneer, they were out of it and suggested Deep Palak Paneer so I ordered 3 of them and saw they are microwave only.  Just like these annoying overpriced hipster "healthy meals" delivery kits that are all over social media (one of which actually had the tag line "oven not allowed"). Well my microwave is dead and I also hate the taste and texture of microwave food, so just please provide the oven directions, even if I have to take it out of the tray.  I emailed Deep and hope I hear back.  I could be cooking I know but with a dishwasher that hasn't drained for almost two weeks I'm trying to cut down on the number of things I put into my little sink.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

We usually use DoorDash, & have noticed that the restaurant service really sucks right now. We're trying to support local restaurants, but nobody is reading the special instructions on orders, half the time something is missing, & everything is overcooked. I get things are hard now, but we're tired of having to argue with DoorDash to get money back on bad orders. You would think that restaurants would be bending over backwards to make sure their customers are getting what they want now.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, GaT said:

We usually use DoorDash, & have noticed that the restaurant service really sucks right now. We're trying to support local restaurants, but nobody is reading the special instructions on orders, half the time something is missing, & everything is overcooked. I get things are hard now, but we're tired of having to argue with DoorDash to get money back on bad orders. You would think that restaurants would be bending over backwards to make sure their customers are getting what they want now.

Oh I used to use Door Dash and Bite Squad; but I stopped using the latter because they changed the restaurants and I don't like or use any of the ones they now have; Door Dash the delivery fees were killing me! Also, lack of variety. But with current climate, I may go back to DD; they at least never mucked up my orders.

My pet peeve is people who are ridiculously impatient (on the outside, you can be as impatient as you want on the inside).  I was at the grocery store this morning.  I got there 5 mintues after they opened so not that busy yet.  When I went to check out there was someone paying and then there was someone behind her waiting to put stuff on the belt.  She was tapping her feet.  She audibly huffed a few times.  And I don't know how long she was standing there before I got there, but there didn't seem to be anything taking particularly too long when I got there.

• Love 5

HAH! It was my report to the BBB that had Uber Eats refunding me my money!!!! I got an email from them the day before I got the email about the refund. And the email from BBB had their response to the BBB!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
(edited)

Instacart failed to deliver items in my cart. I complained and said I would not be using their service again. So of course they “refunded” me with a "credit" of $13. The grocery store receipt was in one of the bags and showed $49.17 for which Instacart billed me $81.48. 

Edited by shapeshifter
On 5/1/2020 at 12:24 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

HAH! It was my report to the BBB that had Uber Eats refunding me my money!!!! I got an email from them the day before I got the email about the refund. And the email from BBB had their response to the BBB!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

UberEats takes way too much money from restaurants and I don't use them unless the restaurant I want is only on UberEats.  Anyway, my delivery guy took way too long yesterday and my order was cold.  Eggs benny, so it doesn't exactly work reheated in the microwave.  The guy claimed that he had another delivery prior to ours (he stopped for like, 20 minutes) and the person was a no-show.  He didn't even bother to contact me to let me know that he was on his way.  

OK these are trivial but pet peeves often are.

I pull up to a 4 way stop just before another car. I have the right of way. But the man (it is always a man) in the other car graciously waves me thru. Like it's his little kingdom. Pisses me off every time.

Tailgaters. Especially on city streets. Go ahead. You will find out how slow I can drive (I'm probably their pet peeve).

People in the checkout line who wait until every item has been rung up and bagged and then seem surprised to have to pay so they rummage around in their giant bags for their wallets. And then count out the exact change. And converse with the clerk. While my ice cream melts.

People who let their dogs run off leash anywhere but in their own yards or at the dog park.

People who cant be bothered with masks because they are somehow so much better than the rest of us suckers. You know what? I look stupid and can't breathe with the f'ing mask on either but I wear it because it's part of the social contract.

Anyone who uses a leaf blower for any reason ever. Get a rake ffs!

OK, clearly my pet peeves can just be shortened to People.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
32 minutes ago, zibnchy said:

OK these are trivial but pet peeves often are.

I pull up to a 4 way stop just before another car. I have the right of way. But the man (it is always a man) in the other car graciously waves me thru. Like it's his little kingdom. Pisses me off every time.

Tailgaters. Especially on city streets. Go ahead. You will find out how slow I can drive (I'm probably their pet peeve).

People in the checkout line who wait until every item has been rung up and bagged and then seem surprised to have to pay so they rummage around in their giant bags for their wallets. And then count out the exact change. And converse with the clerk. While my ice cream melts.

People who let their dogs run off leash anywhere but in their own yards or at the dog park.

People who cant be bothered with masks because they are somehow so much better than the rest of us suckers. You know what? I look stupid and can't breathe with the f'ing mask on either but I wear it because it's part of the social contract.

Anyone who uses a leaf blower for any reason ever. Get a rake ffs!

OK, clearly my pet peeves can just be shortened to People.

@zibnchy, I am pretty sure you are me visiting Earth from an alternate universe. My advice: Run while you can!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

People in the checkout line who wait until every item has been rung up and bagged and then seem surprised to have to pay so they rummage around in their giant bags for their wallets. And then count out the exact change. And converse with the clerk. While my ice cream melts.

Or they wait until their items are all rung up then they dig around for their checkbooks and painstakingly write a check. Why don't they at least write in the date, the name of the store and sign the thing while their stuff is being rung up?

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Or they wait until their items are all rung up then they dig around for their checkbooks and painstakingly write a check. Why don't they at least write in the date, the name of the store and sign the thing while their stuff is being rung up?

That's what I used to do, back in my checkwriting days. Everything filled in except the amount. But then, one of my friends at our neighborhood coffee group said, "So, *you're* one of *those* people who slow everything down!"  It really was funny cause there I was babbling about how fast I was at filling in just the amount, honestly, I wasn't slowin' anything down. But, since that day I've used my credit card--so much easier (and so much quicker😁). I love to remind her of that day.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

That's what I used to do, back in my checkwriting days. Everything filled in except the amount. But then, one of my friends at our neighborhood coffee group said, "So, *you're* one of *those* people who slow everything down!"  It really was funny cause there I was babbling about how fast I was at filling in just the amount, honestly, I wasn't slowin' anything down. But, since that day I've used my credit card--so much easier (and so much quicker😁). I love to remind her of that day.

I used to do that too. Long ago.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

People not keeping enough space while I'm out shopping. We're in different times folks. You can wait a minute to get what you need instead of cozying up to me. 

I try hard to keep my distance but it gets hard when someone stands in the aisle, looking at a product...and stands there forevaaaahhh!  Of course, I sorta did that last week and sensed someone several feet up the aisle. She was waiting to pass and I apologized and went on my way (she was very sweet & said not to worry--kind woman!)  Guess we no longer have the luxury of studying products, thinking about how we'll use them, while standing in the aisle.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

Guess we no longer have the luxury of studying products, thinking about how we'll use them, while standing in the aisle.

Sure we do. Just move down the aisle if someone comes up and needs to get into the same space you're in. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I try hard to keep my distance but it gets hard when someone stands in the aisle, looking at a product...and stands there forevaaaahhh!  Of course, I sorta did that last week and sensed someone several feet up the aisle. She was waiting to pass and I apologized and went on my way (she was very sweet & said not to worry--kind woman!)  Guess we no longer have the luxury of studying products, thinking about how we'll use them, while standing in the aisle.

Oh trust me I know! Shopping has become so much more difficult. I'll stand there waiting and waiting sometimes. I definitely try not to be that person that takes her sweet time. I go back and forth between aisles when some shoppers stand in the same spot, and I can't get what I need without getting close. I used to LOVE shopping. I look forward to the day none of us have to worry about space, masks, gloves, disinfecting wipes, and so much stuff being sold out. It can be extra tricky for me as a vegetarian. I try not to touch anything that I may not want so I don't have to put it back on the shelf. In the past I'd carefully check out the produce and read the ingredients of new items. Now I pretty much grab and go.

• Love 5

I work in a medical office, we have this one nurse who was brushing her teeth in the break room sink! We have multiple bathrooms in our clinic for her do that. She is also the one who takes out her invisalign out at the table when others are eating!! 🤢😖

3 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I work in a medical office, we have this one nurse who was brushing her teeth in the break room sink! We have multiple bathrooms in our clinic for her do that. She is also the one who takes out her invisalign out at the table when others are eating!! 🤢😖

Ugh...she’s probably friends w a certain family member of mine that is a finger licker.  🤮

9 hours ago, Nicmar said:

She is also the one who takes out her invisalign out at the table when others are eating!!

As an Invisalign user myself, I find that utterly disgusting.

• Love 2

I'm irritated at leasing offices in the greater Charlotte area.

I had insufficient funds on my rent payment in January. I fixed the issue and asked that the late fee be refunded to my account because I had never had a late or insufficient fund payment in the six years I have lived here. They agreed to refund the late fee, saying that they do it once a year per lease.

Four months later, it's still on my account despite me asking them every single month to refund it. "The assistant manager has to refund the fee in the system." I've talked to her twice. This is my last month here. I'm not paying the stupid fee.

Which leads me to the fact that I told one of the leasing reps three weeks ago that I would be vacating at the end of my lease this month. She said she would prepare the paperwork. Cut to another leasing rep in the office calling me virtually daily to ask me if I was going to renew. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing in that office.

I go to pay the rent on the online portal today (my stimulus check is supposed to be deposited tomorrow🤞🏻), and not only is the infernal late fee still there, but there's an extra $6.51 on my rent. WTF. I called the office and asked to speak to the manager. She's on lunch. Of course. I told the rep (the one who knew I was vacating) what I needed but please have the manager call me because the assistant manager will not refund the late fee. AND BY THE WAY, where is the vacating paperwork that you prepared??

The office is closed to anything but emergencies but they don't default to emailing documents. They just call and then nothing. I DON'T GET IT.

And on the other side of the county, in my boyfriend's complex into which I'm moving in a few weeks...I put in my application last week, and it was approved. Instead of the leasing office (also closed except for emergencies) emailing me to let me know my application was approved, they emailed him. They didn't bother emailing me the lease to complete. I was supposed to call them and ask them to send it to me, I guess?

WHY ISN'T EMAIL THE DEFAULT OPTION WHEN THE OFFICE IS CLOSED? You don't want people coming in, but you aren't emailing docs until people ask. None of this makes sense!!!

• Love 3

That's crazy, @bilgistic. The place I live at, been here 6+ years, has been sending all of that leasing stuff (renewals, etc.) electronically for a number of years. I don't think I've had to physically sign a renewal and go to the office with it since maybe my second year here.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:27 AM, annzeepark914 said:

I try hard to keep my distance but it gets hard when someone stands in the aisle, looking at a product...and stands there forevaaaahhh! 

I was waiting for somebody to move along from being next to the avocados on Sunday. I waited, and waited. Finally she picked out the ones she wanted and put them in her cart. (I get it. You need to pick the ones that are the level of ripeness that fits your needs. It takes a minute.)

Then... She leaned on her cart and started scrolling through her phone. Heh. I gave that about 0.3 seconds and then just moved in to get what I wanted. I didn't make eye contact, but she did scurry along as I moved into the area.  

• Love 2

The apartment vacating doc the leasing rep sent me wouldn't open. I immediately replied to tell her so, and I've gotten no response. They all use a single email address and I swear it's a black hole.

The leasing manager hasn't called me back either, nor has my boyfriend's leasing office. Jesus!

55 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

That's crazy, @bilgistic. The place I live at, been here 6+ years, has been sending all of that leasing stuff (renewals, etc.) electronically for a number of years. I don't think I've had to physically sign a renewal and go to the office with it since maybe my second year here.

Exactly.

(edited)

OK, I really like Hungry Root (one of those food subscription services, which I recently reactivated to make shit easier during this "uncertain time") and I do understand that delivery is all kinds of wonky right now. But for the second week in a row, my order was a whole day later than my set delivery day. Now, this wouldn't be that bad if the shipping service they use had a better order-tracking system -- this isn't a T-shirt from Ebay or a some hair dye from Amazon, it's a box full of food, including fresh vegetables (ie, something you kind of want to bring inside ASAP, no matter what day it manages to arrive). But up until this delivery, which happened about 30 minutes ago, the last thing in the tracking info was from 12:30 am yesterday. I mean, it's got ice packs in it but...

For the second week in a row, they have been busted and the gel stuff is all over the place!  

Edited by TattleTeeny

Since there's not a "complete and utter rage until I am wailing" forum, I guess I'll post this here.

In a stunning display of ineptitude, Spectrum turned off my internet and television service at my current residence tonight after I called in to set up the appointment to MOVE my service to my boyfriend's place/my future residence on May 23. I thought I was being smart and proactive in setting up the move with plenty of time, knowing that Spectrum is overwhelmed with all the people working from home and schooling at home.

After a second HOUR'S LONG CALL later and being passed through FOUR DIFFERENT PEOPLE in different departments (because this department can't do that and that one can't do this, but the last one was supposed to do something so that this one can do what they are supposed to), I still don't have service at my current residence. Suddenly, my equipment that worked four hours ago will no longer work because of...reasons?

Not at any time did anyone take responsibility FOR THEIR FUCK UP or say they would fix the issue. I don't know that I have ever been angrier or more frustrated with a service provider in my life. Spectrum currently gets $100 A MONTH from me for broadcast TV, two movie channels and 75 Mbps internet. I'm feeling like they're not going to be getting it any longer. I fucking wept through that second call. I'm so angry and frustrated. It should never, ever be this way. Never.

I dreamed about this mess all night. I've decided I'm just going to get the internet turned back on and forget about the TV channels. I'm going to see about getting new service with a different provider at my boyfriend's. He currently has service with that provider, but I can get a much better/cheaper deal with new service. I don't want to give Spectrum any more money.

• Love 3

If I had the choice, I would never give Spectrum another dime. Unfortunately, they are the only provider in my area. Last year, November or so, I dropped TV/phone and went Internet only, for $70 a month, then added YouTube TV for $50 a month. Much better than the $260 Spectrum was going to start charging me.

• Love 1

I've been on the phone 50 minutes now. This rep at least seems to know what he's doing. They're going to charge me $70 for just internet. It's just 2.5 weeks. Whatever. I just want this to be over.

I thought it was Wednesday today, also, so there's that.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I've been on the phone 50 minutes now. This rep at least seems to know what he's doing. They're going to charge me $70 for just internet. It's just 2.5 weeks. Whatever. I just want this to be over.

I thought it was Wednesday today, also, so there's that.

I recommend Apple TV and YouTube TV.