Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Makeup isn't very hard. CoverGirl is now cruelty-free, and there are many other lines that don't test on animals either. I struggle with acne, and pretty much anything from the drugstore that dermatologists recommend is Cetaphil, Cerave, or Neutrogena though. They all test on animals

E.L.F. brand is cruelty free. Target and Ulta both have a pretty expansive selection of budget friendly cruelty free products.

When I started switching to cruelty free I found some posters here knowledgeable (and this site has a beauty forum here that you may find interesting) and I relied on Cruelty Free Kitty and Ethical Elephant to help guide me

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

E.L.F. brand is cruelty free. Target and Ulta both have a pretty expansive selection of budget friendly cruelty free products.

When I started switching to cruelty free I found some posters here knowledgeable (and this site has a beauty forum here that you may find interesting) and I relied on Cruelty Free Kitty and Ethical Elephant to help guide me

Thanks THEREDHEAD! Cruelty Free Kitty is awesome. I haven't heard of Ethical Elephant before, but I will check it out too. 

In general, makeup is to beauty what fur is to fashion for me. It's not super hard to get cruelty free makeup, but it is annoying that so many great brands still do animal testing. For awhile I was using pricier skin care lines, but the amount of money I was spending was getting out of hand. I'm going to slowly incorporate more affordable cruelty free skin care into my beauty regimen, but I have to take it slow because my skin is so sensitive. My skin loves stuff like Cetaphil because it's so simple, fragrance-free, not a ton of ingredients.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Thanks THEREDHEAD! Cruelty Free Kitty is awesome. I haven't heard of Ethical Elephant before, but I will check it out too. 

In general, makeup is to beauty what fur is to fashion for me. It's not super hard to get cruelty free makeup, but it is annoying that so many great brands still do animal testing. For awhile I was using pricier skin care lines, but the amount of money I was spending was getting out of hand. I'm going to slowly incorporate more affordable cruelty free skin care into my beauty regimen, but I have to take it slow because my skin is so sensitive. My skin loves stuff like Cetaphil because it's so simple, fragrance-free, not a ton of ingredients.  

Glad I could help. If you have Trader Joe's near you, or Whole Foods their house lines are also cruelty free. The hardest part for me is finding companies that don't sell in China as they require all products to be tested on animals even if they are cruelty free in the states and/or Europe.

I use Not Your Mother's brand hair products, EOS shave gel, method body wash and am a big fan of the Raw Sugar Brand lip balm and lotion. They all work great for me but obviously YMMV.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

The hardest part for me is finding companies that don't sell in China as they require all products to be tested on animals even if they are cruelty free in the states and/or Europe.

I have never heard of this, do you know the logic behind it?

21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Makeup isn't very hard. CoverGirl is now cruelty-free, and there are many other lines that don't test on animals either. I struggle with acne, and pretty much anything from the drugstore that dermatologists recommend is Cetaphil, Cerave, or Neutrogena though. They all test on animals.

Dove soap has been my go-to for 20+ years, since my early 20's. I too struggled with acne and had tried all the acne prevention brands which only seemed to make it worse. I have not had an issue since I started using it other than an occassional breakout, and is not tested on animals. I commend you for your stance on the animal free testing. 🙂 

• Useful 3
17 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Glad I could help. If you have Trader Joe's near you, or Whole Foods their house lines are also cruelty free. The hardest part for me is finding companies that don't sell in China as they require all products to be tested on animals even if they are cruelty free in the states and/or Europe.

I use Not Your Mother's brand hair products, EOS shave gel, method body wash and am a big fan of the Raw Sugar Brand lip balm and lotion. They all work great for me but obviously YMMV.

Thanks for all the recommendations! Yes, that's the hardest part for me too. There were many lines I thought were cruelty free but sell in China. 

1 hour ago, BexKeps said:

Dove soap has been my go-to for 20+ years, since my early 20's. I too struggled with acne and had tried all the acne prevention brands which only seemed to make it worse. I have not had an issue since I started using it other than an occassional breakout, and is not tested on animals. I commend you for your stance on the animal free testing. 🙂 

Ooh cool! Thanks for the tip. I am not perfect with animal testing, but I try. I thought MAC was cruelty-free for the longest time and will try to look for alternatives. It was my favorite brand for many years. I still think they make awesome makeup, but so do many other cruelty-free lines. I'm not an all or nothing person and think striving for perfection is one thing that makes some people not want to bother being better at all. I'm vegetarian, but I know it's not easy for everyone to be one. I appreciate folks who try to at least cut back and do things like meatless Mondays. 🙂

• Love 1
On 2/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, theredhead77 said:

Peeve: pandemic hobbies. It's great if you (general) picked up a new hobby during the pandemic. Sourdough, crafting, coloring, cooking, writing, music, whatever keeps you safe and sane. But some of us are just trying to survive. Would a pandemic hobby help? Probably. But getting self righteous about having one and how I need to get one isn't going to help drive my desire to pick one up.

There are so many people who do this, not just with pandemic hobbies. It’s a constant mindset of “I just started/switched to ABC; now I must convince everyone to make the same decision.” I don’t know if they are just pushy or seeking validation for their choices, and I don’t care. They annoy their family and friends when pushing their latest choice. Maybe because I’m older than dirt, but as I have gotten older, I have found it much easier to shut down those conversations with a simple variation of “I’m glad you like ABC, but I have no interest in it for myself.”  If I wanted to hear someone trying to convince me to try something, I would be watching commercials. I don’t mind someone telling me they just started a new activity or tried a new product, but don’t try to convince me my life isn’t complete unless I also do the same thing. 

• Love 4

People stereotyping me due to my girly appearance and having manners. Just because I like makeup, dresses, and heels and come across as proper in some ways doesn't mean I'm conservative, traditional, sappy or romantic. I just like for everything to be pretty and try to be respectful. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

There are so many people who do this, not just with pandemic hobbies. It’s a constant mindset of “I just started/switched to ABC; now I must convince everyone to make the same decision.” I don’t know if they are just pushy or seeking validation for their choices, and I don’t care. They annoy their family and friends when pushing their latest choice. Maybe because I’m older than dirt, but as I have gotten older, I have found it much easier to shut down those conversations with a simple variation of “I’m glad you like ABC, but I have no interest in it for myself.”  If I wanted to hear someone trying to convince me to try something, I would be watching commercials. I don’t mind someone telling me they just started a new activity or tried a new product, but don’t try to convince me my life isn’t complete unless I also do the same thing. 

I think some of it is excitement about a new passion. It's the "you had a year at home, what new skills did you develop?" mentality that is really grating on me. 

I fine tuned my survival skills. That's enough. Maybe this year I'll color in my new adult coloring book. 

• Love 9

I also think surviving is enough. I've had people ask me what I've been doing, and I feel like I disappoint them when I haven't learned a new language or how to play an instrument or something. I say that I cook and bake more, but other than that, when I'm not working I mostly watch TV, get on this board, and get on the treadmill if I'm not being lazy. Most of my human interaction is on the weekends. I have a small bubble, and we take precautions. I've definitely had more time to learn about history, politics, keep up with news, and get better at adulting skills I neglected when I was out and about all the time. I've also learned how to appreciate little things more. All of this means a lot to me and I feel I've grown as a person, but none of it is anything super obvious to others. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am sure there are many reasons why people do this.  I suppose the biggest one is just trying to make a connection with someone.   Sometimes friends, relatives, coworkers, run out of things to talk about, so they try and bring something else into the conversation.  It could be a new hobby, a television show, a book, anything, to try and liven up a relationship that has gone stale.

It’s not them sharing the new activity or whatever that annoys me. It’s absolutely acceptable to bring up new things in one’s life and share enthusiasm about those things. Not so acceptable: “During the pandemic, I’ve taken up two new time-consuming activities that have totally changed my life and made me so happy! What about you? Oh, you haven’t done anything special? You absolutely need to focus on some self-improvement activities. I mean, you’ve got all this free time now. You should be doing something productive, not just lounging around with all this extra time.”

Especially annoying is the presumption that this person knows better than you do what you should be doing, and that you do in fact have more free time. For example, my schedule has changed not one bit because of the pandemic. I was already working remotely, so no change there. Not a big socializer under any circumstances, so no significant changes there. Elves have not magically appeared in my house to do cleaning. I still spend most of my free time reading. I try not to make assumptions about the lives of my family, friends, and colleagues, so it’s annoying when someone makes assumptions about my life and my priorities. 

• Love 11

OK, I know that people usually mean well when they do this, but it annoys me when someone asks if you tried the most obvious solution to a problem. For instance, today, I had to group text my department that my mouse suddenly stopped working (it’s old, so completely plausible that it could have died) and that I was going to restart everything and may end up needing to run to Best Buy or something. The first question I got was “is it wireless? Did you....” To which I replied, “No, but if it was, would have checked the batteries before sending the above message!” Again, no one was being a jerk, but come on now! I’m a grown lady who lives in the world!

Once, the deadbolt of an old apartment broke, essentially locking me in. When I called my BF at the time, he said, “Did you turn the handle?” Seriously?!

(That said, I am in no way implying that that I have never missed the obvious solution, or done the same!)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

OK, I know that people usually mean well when they do this, but it annoys me when someone asks if you tried the most obvious solution to a problem. For instance, today, I had to group text my department that my mouse suddenly stopped working (it’s old, so completely plausible that it could have died) and that I was going to restart everything and may end up needing to run to Best Buy or something. The first question I got was “is it wireless? Did you....” To which I replied, “No, but if it was, would have checked the batteries before sending the above message!” Again, no one was being a jerk, but come on now! I’m a grown lady who lives in the world!

Once, the deadbolt of an old apartment broke, essentially locking me in. When I called my BF at the time, he said, “Did you turn the handle?” Seriously?!

(That said, I am in no way implying that that I have never missed the obvious solution, or done the same!)

I had a coworker say this to me when I was tearing my office apart looking for an invoice. Me "Dammit, where is the invoice for the Presky account?" Coworker "Did you look for it?"

• LOL 10
16 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'm 110% guilty of this, mostly because I come from a corporate background that is troubleshooting and that spills over into IRL I often miss the obvious solution (because the cobblers children have no shoes).

2 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

It’s not them sharing the new activity or whatever that annoys me. It’s absolutely acceptable to bring up new things in one’s life and share enthusiasm about those things. Not so acceptable: “During the pandemic, I’ve taken up two new time-consuming activities that have totally changed my life and made me so happy! What about you? Oh, you haven’t done anything special? You absolutely need to focus on some self-improvement activities. I mean, you’ve got all this free time now. You should be doing something productive, not just lounging around with all this extra time.”

Especially annoying is the presumption that this person knows better than you do what you should be doing, and that you do in fact have more free time. For example, my schedule has changed not one bit because of the pandemic. I was already working remotely, so no change there. Not a big socializer under any circumstances, so no significant changes there. Elves have not magically appeared in my house to do cleaning. I still spend most of my free time reading. I try not to make assumptions about the lives of my family, friends, and colleagues, so it’s annoying when someone makes assumptions about my life and my priorities. 

I feel seen!!!!!!!!

I've lived here for 3 years and just got a library card so I'm trying to start reading again. I enjoy reading, but I read so much for work that at the end of the day reading for pleasure seems like a chore. I watch a lot of TV. Some of it mindless reruns, some of it new shows (Cobra Kai, WandaVision, most recently) but a lot of background noise. And that has its own stigma. 

-----

My current pet peeve could easily go under the workplace vent and that is people who shop around for answers and the same people who manipulate those who say they aren't the point of contact for xyz into a meeting about xyz completely ignoring that you aren't the right person all because the right person gave them an answer they didn't like.

• Love 7

I’m also a problem solver and have to remind myself that sometimes people are just venting, they are not looking for a solution from me.

@theredhead77, the answer shoppers that you describe are perpetually on my naughty list. I ran into quite a few of those in my last job. Fortunately I had co-workers who recognized what was going on and would forward the meeting invite/email to me. They were all too happy to let me be the bad guy, and It was just fine by me (I am not a benevolent dictator).

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BookWoman56 said:

The presumption that I have more time is what irks me. My schedule has changed, but does not include more free time. I telework some days and go into the office on other days, and on the days I'm home, I also have to oversee my son's school. It doesn't take a lot of work because he doesn't need a lot of help, but there's another person in the same room doing his work and occasionally (sometimes more than occasionally) wanting to show me things or ask me things or tell me things. When it all started last spring, my schedule was worse because we were all at home, and I was making school lessons and grading them for my son because for the first two weeks, the schools were just closed. When they put up lessons on the district website, the lessons were not good and didn't take him any time at all to finish. Since my husband and I still had to work, we found/created more lessons so our son would have something to do. I did not take up any new hobbies -- or even return to any of my old hobbies that I no longer had time for.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

@theredhead77, the answer shoppers that you describe are perpetually on my naughty list. I ran into quite a few of those in my last job. Fortunately I had co-workers who recognized what was going on and would forward the meeting invite/email to me. They were all too happy to let me be the bad guy, and It was just fine by me (I am not a benevolent dictator).

Thankfully we happened to ask the right person the right question and the answer shopping web became clear. We have immense support from the actual people who can help and just have to keep pushing back.

My current peeve is clothing tags in the collar of tops. I hate them. They are itchy and scratchy and just not necessary. Put them somewhere else. I bought a seam ripper to take them out but it doesn't always get every bit of itchyness. Meh!

• Love 5

I look for it and couldn't find the discussion about the auto-stopping vehicles (maybe didn't go back far enough?)  BUT I wanted to share with anyone with a newer model Subaru* that there was a recall notice for an update to the command module and one of the things this update did was to put a button on the display screen to turn it off without having to swipe through to other screens.   

Prior to this update, I would need to press a little button down on the lower left of the display screen, which would bring up another window and I'd have to toggle a 'button' to turn the auto-stop button every time I turned my car on, if I didn't want the engine to stop.  Now, it is just a touch of the display screen. 

There must have been enough people complaining for them to do a software update to change this.  The new displays are 11.6 inch high (and is about the size of an iPad and pretty much acts like a tablet with apps and everything.  

*mine is a 2020 legacy, premium.  I don't know if the base legacy's have this or not.. my dealer only had two in stock when I bought, this premium and a higher model which I loved.  My peeve to keep on point is that I couldn't afford the other one as I LOVED the color.  

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, auntlada said:

The presumption that I have more time is what irks me. My schedule has changed, but does not include more free time. I telework some days and go into the office on other days, and on the days I'm home, I also have to oversee my son's school. It doesn't take a lot of work because he doesn't need a lot of help, but there's another person in the same room doing his work and occasionally (sometimes more than occasionally) wanting to show me things or ask me things or tell me things. When it all started last spring, my schedule was worse because we were all at home, and I was making school lessons and grading them for my son because for the first two weeks, the schools were just closed. When they put up lessons on the district website, the lessons were not good and didn't take him any time at all to finish. Since my husband and I still had to work, we found/created more lessons so our son would have something to do. I did not take up any new hobbies -- or even return to any of my old hobbies that I no longer had time for.

My heart goes out so much to you young parents. Trying to work, parent, teach and deal with all the stress of living in a time of a pandemic. For someone like me who's retired all I have to worry about is staying safe, wearing my mask and social distancing when I do go out, which is almost never. My son lost his job and is barely making ends meet by doing remote gigs archiving content for some websites. If I still had a young kid at home, either my husband or I would have had to quit our jobs altogether. And let's face it, it would have been me because my DH owned his business. God, when will this end?

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

My heart goes out so much to you young parents. Trying to work, parent, teach and deal with all the stress of living in a time of a pandemic. For someone like me who's retired all I have to worry about is staying safe, wearing my mask and social distancing when I do go out, which is almost never. My son lost his job and is barely making ends meet by doing remote gigs archiving content for some websites. If I still had a young kid at home, either my husband or I would have had to quit our jobs altogether. And let's face it, it would have been me because my DH owned his business. God, when will this end?

Thank you. God help me, I'm not a young parent, though. I'm an old parent because we had a child late. I don't have the energy any more to do any extra hobbies.

We are fortunate in that both of us work primarily on computer and our worksites will allow us to work remotely some of the time, so we take turns staying home to work. I don't know what people who can't work from home do.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, auntlada said:

Thank you. God help me, I'm not a young parent, though. I'm an old parent because we had a child late. I don't have the energy any more to do any extra hobbies.

We are fortunate in that both of us work primarily on computer and our worksites will allow us to work remotely some of the time, so we take turns staying home to work. I don't know what people who can't work from home do.

I was in retail when my son was young. I worked in a custom design shop. We did bespoke paint and stain, tinted lacquers and so forth. And  we sold high end wallcoverings, window treatments and upholstery fabrics. I doubt very much my job would have been seen as essential. Later I was a florist, again, not essential. Either way, I wouldn't have wanted to send him to daycare or school. Maybe he would have gone to live with my parents who were retired. I can't even imagine.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Peeve. Peer pressure and those that think you should attend a Super Bowl party. 
What part of no thank you don’t they understand?

What part of pandemic don't they understand?

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

What part of pandemic don't they understand?

Ah, my neighbors. They don’t believe in masks, the vaccine and social distancing. I’m all about live and let live, but I am not willing to chance it. They see their grandchildren regularly and those children go to school and I don’t mean virtually. I understand wanting to socialize and have fun times. I am not willing to risk my life to do so. I just hate that they make me feel badly for not wanting to kow tow to their pressure and join in their fun. They are making me out to be a pariah. 

5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ah, my neighbors. They don’t believe in masks, the vaccine and social distancing. I’m all about live and let live, but I am not willing to chance it. They see their grandchildren regularly and those children go to school and I don’t mean virtually. I understand wanting to socialize and have fun times. I am not willing to risk my life to do so. I just hate that they make me feel badly for not wanting to kow tow to their pressure and join in their fun. They are making me out to be a pariah. 

Screw them.  Be your own boss.  You owe them no explanation.  I haven’t been in my two daughters houses since last summer, and they live locally.  I never gave in to peer pressure.  My Mother used to tell us kids “ if people want to jump off a bridge, do you have to also”?  I know I always quote my Mother, but she was always right.  My husbands friend just got Covid.  He’s always in the street bullshitting with the neighbors.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Silver Bells said:

Screw them.  Be your own boss.  You owe them no explanation.  I haven’t been in my two daughters houses since last summer, and they live locally.  I never gave in to peer pressure.  My Mother used to tell us kids “ if people want to jump off a bridge, do you have to also”?  I know I always quote my Mother, but she was always right.  My husbands friend just got Covid.  He’s always in the street bullshitting with the neighbors.

I texted her and said (again) that I thank you for the offer, but no thanks. Like you I don’t even see my family. I think this is tougher when you are a single person living alone like I am. I do know how to have fun all by myself and do. It might not be other people’s cup of tea, but I keep happy for the most part. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I texted her and said (again) that I thank you for the offer, but no thanks. Like you I don’t even see my family. I think this is tougher when you are a single person living alone like I am. I do know how to have fun all by myself and do. It might not be other people’s cup of tea, but I keep happy for the most part. 

I’m an outdoor person.  With this Covid thing tho, I do some housework, cook, clean some, then go on my I pad mostly or watch my shows or a movie.  Miraculously, the time goes by fast and it’s time for bed.  It hasn’t been too bad in the house, especially since I live in New York where it’s cold outside.  This is the first time I’ve been housebound, and it’s not that bad.  In two months, it will be April, and i at least can go outside.  Just because my husband is here also doesn’t mean we stick like glue.  He watches his stuff in the bedroom, and I’m in the living room watching my stuff.  We only watch a few shows together.  Oh, and being in the house, we take about a few naps a day, lol.  Then up all night.  It’s also not bad being retired.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Back in the day, when I was asked to do something, and it was something that made me feel really uncomfortable, and they thought it was a slight against them when it wasn't.  In this case, driving a long distance and asked to be in a wedding. 

I get real uncomfortable in crowds and start sweating profusely, and I don't like driving long distances.  I still feel that way.

I feel the same way. Plus I have a phobia of freeways.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Back in the day, when I was asked to do something, and it was something that made me feel really uncomfortable, and they thought it was a slight against them when it wasn't.  In this case, driving a long distance and asked to be in a wedding. 

I get real uncomfortable in crowds and start sweating profusely, and I don't like driving long distances.  I still feel that way.

I still remember the agony of getting up in front of the class in school and making a speech, saying the wedding vows in church, etc.    I hate to be the center of attention.  Forget about the days when I had to take dictation from bosses that were verbally sexual abusive when drunk after lunching with clients.  In those days, you said nothing for fear of your job.  I had to suck it up and shut up.  Talk about being uncomfortable.

I need some truth in advertising people.

I have this bathroom door that is stupidly close to the tile.  It needs to be thin and with a non slip backing to let the door go over it without bunching it up.

They do exist.  I used to have one. 

But everything is thick and plush, even when its not.  So I have to read the reviews to look for that one star review that complains of "thin" and hope that maybe this time....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I have this bathroom door that is stupidly close to the tile.  It needs to be thin and with a non slip backing to let the door go over it without bunching it up.

But everything is thick and plush, even when its not.  So I have to read the reviews to look for that one star review that complains of "thin" and hope that maybe this time....

Do you know somebody that is handy?  They would have to take the door off and shave the bottom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm confused, are you asking about a bathroom mat?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Having nowhere to wear gorgeous special occasion type dresses, and I don't mean due to covid. I love fashion, and I'm not the type who needs an event to wear a dress, but I obviously can't walk around in a ball gown or something. 

Sure you can! I've been known to do it when the spirit takes me. Only at home, of course.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Having nowhere to wear gorgeous special occasion type dresses, and I don't mean due to covid. I love fashion, and I'm not the type who needs an event to wear a dress, but I obviously can't walk around in a ball gown or something. 

I miss wearing heels, specifically my 3 inch wedges (I have them in multiple colors). I may just do as @peacheslatour suggests and wear them around the house. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/4/2021 at 3:43 PM, auntlada said:

I quit my job. I could not do my job remotely because I worked for social services taking care of a disabled child. The schools shut down last March here and I stayed home with my 9-year-old son. Now it is going on what, a year, and I am broke AF and using my credit line to buy groceries.

Edited by GoldaVining
clarity
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Haha .. I went a little crazy this year and treated myself with a few pair of new Sketchers and velvet tights from QVC.  The only people that have seen them were my Doctors. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Apparently you don’t live in the Northeast.  Snow and ice everywhere.  Boots are the norm until April.

What I meant is I don't need an occasion to wear heels. I'll wear them if the weather is appropriate, which kind of varies where I live. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GoldaVining said:

I quit my job. I could not do my job remotely because I worked for social services taking care of a disabled child. The schools shut down last March here and I stayed home with my 9-year-old son. Now it is going on what, a year, and I am broke AF and using my credit line to buy groceries.

Couldn’t they have let you go so you could have collected unemployment?  Horrible situation for you.

• Love 4