Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: A Family Affair

I was dreading that Trumps' "unprecedented" deal which was promoted to death was to not fire anyone as a way to save Geraldo.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when TPTB audited the funds and arrived at the totals.  I'm not at all confident that Geraldo actually brought in more.  

The arbitrary team trades seemed weighted against Ian's team.  Of course Kenya and Brandi were not separated.

The Cosmo task lost me.  I never understood what they wanted.  Coherence is important to those editors?  The whole mag is disjointed with little blurbs and visuals, as was pointed out.  Yet the biggest disconnect for me was how Jaime did not emphasize Shawn, the olympian.  Photoshop is a beautiful thang.  All I can figure is that it was decided that Shawn was too fat and out of shape for their liking.  So, the only pic was the flag coverup.  

Of all the celebs, the clearest deadweight of all to this point has to be Sig.   It's a good thing for him that Geraldo won.  

Is there some rule that individual is allowed to donate $100K or more on this show?   What was up with the $99,999 gift?  

Last thing...the first board room was a rare instance where the true loser was revealed within it, more so than the task performance.  Jaime's scattered mind came out for all to see.  Did she try to throw it?  Or, was she simply being herself?  I say the latter.

• Love 2

Does anyone know why there's underlying hostility between Brandi and Kenya? Some backstory I don't know about?

Kenya lives in Los Angeles, had a production studio there, so I am guessing they've crossed paths more than once. And it's probably a battle to see which HW franchise can get the farthest in the game. I've yet to see any of the other housewives donate money, and I really think their feud is mostly for show. They are encouraged by production on their respective shows to trash the other women in their talking heads, so it may just be something they are trained like monkeys to do. Kenya is very good at giving the side-eye, silently, while Brandi likes to run her mouth. When Jamie first suggested Kenya had the better body for a magazine layout about fitness, Brandi wasn't going to let that happen. Then when she is awarded that job, she refuses to undress because she's out of shape. Go figure.

• Love 5

Afterall most Miss Americas are in their 30s or 40s, so a 22 year old winning against older competitors is a real accomplishment!  I can't believe people don't realize that. 

I thought most contestants of Miss America and Miss Universe were college age young women in their late teens/early twenties. I think you are confusing Miss America with Mrs America! LOL

Kenya lives in Los Angeles, had a production studio there, so I am guessing they've crossed paths more than once. And it's probably a battle to see which HW franchise can get the farthest in the game. I've yet to see any of the other housewives donate money, and I really think their feud is mostly for show. They are encouraged by production on their respective shows to trash the other women in their talking heads, so it may just be something they are trained like monkeys to do. Kenya is very good at giving the side-eye, silently, while Brandi likes to run her mouth. When Jamie first suggested Kenya had the better body for a magazine layout about fitness, Brandi wasn't going to let that happen. Then when she is awarded that job, she refuses to undress because she's out of shape. Go figure.

Andy has fanned the flames between both women well before either got on CA. He loves to ask 1 of them their opinion about something questionable the other   did/said on WWHL then show the other HW their comment, rinse then repeat! LOL 

• Love 5

Afterall most Miss Americas are in their 30s or 40s, so a 22 year old winning against older competitors is a real accomplishment!  I can't believe people don't realize that.

I thought most contestants of Miss America and Miss Universe were college age young women in their late teens/early twenties. I think you are confusing Miss America with Mrs America! LOL

I was being sarcastic and following Kenya "logic."  My point was that saying you won a contest for people that age, at that age, is not really saying anything.  No reason she should use her winning Miss America at 22 as a counterargument to "she is young."  Just a big ego touting her own resume.  It IS an accomplishment but it is NOT an accomplishment made greater by her age at the time.  Not like she was beating out 30 and 40 year olds to win.   Sorry to confuse.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 10

Not a Kenya fan, but she has an amazing body - they were insane not to capitalize on it.  I'm guessing she'll find a way to get semi-nekkid at some point as a way of proving that fact.  Brandi has a body for wearing clothes - Kenya has a physique that doesn't need them.

If they're competing for longest lasting housewife, they'll have to go a long way to beat Theresa -- she made it to 4th runner up?  Or 5th?

Of all the celebs, the clearest deadweight of all to this point has to be Sig.   It's a good thing for him that Geraldo won.

I'm starting to think he's going deep, because they're spending zero time on him.  He looks checked out, but he is bringing in money and pulling his weight on tasks, because he's never been discussed as an option for firing.  If he is bringing in more money than two professional athletes, he came prepared.   

• Love 5

I so wish Kenya had come back at Brandi after her butt remark, that Kenya's cheeks are real. The ones on her face, also. :)Had Kate's guy not showed up.... she would be going home tonight, I think.

Kate's guy arrived, I wonder if she raided her kids piggy banks for that money? No way she's able to raise anymore in future tasks.

• Love 2

The receptionist is Amanda Miller, who Donald noticed when she was a teenager waitressing at one of his golf courses and hired after she finished college.  She's actually a VP of Marketing for The Trump Organization.  Here's a piece on her from URI.

In this video, she gives a tour of Trump's private jet.  Of course, it's Trump, so he can't settle for a Gulfstream 6.... it's a 757.

• Love 4

Is there some rule that individual is allowed to donate $100K or more on this show?   What was up with the $99,999 gift?  

I think Geraldo's contact used a credit card and if I remember from past seasons that's the limit that can be used with credit cards.  Ian's contact brought in a check for $165,000.

• Love 4

Did anyone catch exactly what Geraldo said about Kate's kids when they were in front of the store? He first said "She's Kate with 8 kids!" and she said no, no one will want to marry me with 8 kids. Then she said "He has 8 ex-wives!" and he shot back with something about "She sells her 8 kids for money" (paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact wording)

Nothing is too low for Geraldo. And Kate was singing his praises all night long.

When he couldn't say Kate +8 he said Kate +8 potential income sources. Best line of the night!

• Love 4

I was dreading that Trumps' "unprecedented" deal which was promoted to death was to not fire anyone as a way to save Geraldo.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when TPTB audited the funds and arrived at the totals.  I'm not at all confident that Geraldo actually brought in more.  

Really? I am. It would've been much better television for Ian to have won -- sort of a "taking down Darth Vader" moment. And it would've been easy not to fire Geraldo -- like with Ian's loss, he would've pointed to the person who raised the least amount of money.

I had to laugh when Trump insinuated Johnny Damon could've asked Red Sox owner John Henry for money and Damon's retort was "Not in 2005..." Oh, Trump -- you really are clueless about so many things.

• Love 6

Brandi should have been fired. If you go back to the original (non-celebrity) version of the Apprentice, Trump was looking for....well...an Apprentice. In it's current form, in the money grab challenges, it's just about how much cash you can raise. So you can be a nasty, overbearing sloth (Brandi ) bearing a check for 30 grand and be exempt from elimination. I doubt Trump would choose someone like that as an Apprentice.

Also, if Brandi thought her body was so out of shape, she should have declined being a model. One of the qualities of being a good executive is to recognize your limitations and delegate those duties elsewhere.

ETA: My apologies to sloths.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

I was being sarcastic and following Kenya "logic."  My point was that saying you won a contest for people that age, at that age, is not really saying anything.  Just a big ego touting her own resume.  It IS an accomplishment but it is not an accomplishment made more wonderful by her age at the time.  Not like she was beating out 30 and 40 year olds to win.  Sorry to confuse.

LOL, sarcasm does not always translate well here! I agree with your point, she does have a big ego! lol 

• Love 4

Kilmeade, Doocy, and Geraldo in one spot. Was praying for a sinkhole. Vivica, Vivica, Vivica, baby you were gorgeous. Why in hell do these women do that to themselves!? The hell TO? Why did you check out man? 

• Love 3

As soon as I saw the presentations for the Cosmo task, I knew the girls were going to lose. As much as I loathe the selfie craze, and the fact that Geraldo found another way to make a task all about him, the men's campaign was very focused, very cohesive. The women's was just a scattered mess....much like Jamie herself. 

And then when Ivanka was only able to give the women's team ONE positive (you used the correct buzzwords? lame!), that sealed the deal. And rightly so. You know, I kind of liked Jamie prior to this task, but her behavior in the boardroom annoyed me so strongly, I was ready to send her packing, Actually, all of the women were annoying me. They kept pushing to vote off whomever they didn't like - not ONE person mentioned that Jamie should be fired. But it was absolutely her fault they lost the task. 

She can try and weasel her way out of it, by claiming Kenya did the the editing - but Kenya could only edit what she had to work with, and ultimately the PM is responsible for what content is put together. You had too many different things going on, and it sucked. Jamie was just so indecisive, such a pushover. It was driving me nuts! When she started backpeddling in the board room - "Oh, I think I made a mistake, I should have brought Brandi" - DEAD. You're dead to me. And I HATE Brandi, but damn. Be strong and confident, make a decision and stick to it. Yikes. Not sad to see her go. 

And I did totally agree with Kenya that age should not be a factor, we shouldn't be giving passes to people because they're "young". Please. 

Biggest lesson learned so far - DO NOT send Kate shopping! 

Now, onto the fundraiser task. Ian. Ian, Ian, Ian - I was secretly a bit in love with you until you became PM. I still think you're a very nice guy, and I love that you picked a charity that likely does not get a lot of attention....but right now I'm feeling insanely sorry for your wife. Could you imagine living with the constant motivational speeches and platitudes? He was even stopping Terrell on the way out to dish out more of that nonsense. Run, Terrell, Run!!!!

I still like Ian, pissed that he didn't win. But I don't really consider $2500 in a task of this magnitude a "win" anyhow. Nice of the teams to both be able to support their charities.....and how magnanimous of Trump to throw out such a large sum as $6000 to round off Geraldo's amount. Wow. You really are a giver. (End sarcasm)

Brandi and her panic attack...not buying it. I've had panic attacks before, and at no point during one have I sat, giggling on the floor, asking someone on the phone if I'm possibly having a panic attack? She just didn't want to be around Kenya. 

The funny thing is, I dislike Brandi and Kenya both on their respective shows....but putting them together in this format has done something interesting. It's kind of making me like Kenya. Kenya is crazy, and nasty, and a liar....but in this venue she works hard and she certainly knows how to schmooze people (which can be a big asset in the business world). And since I probably hate Brandi more, I love the little digs Kenya gets in. My favorite? Brandi says Kenya is smart, but a good manipulator....Trump asks if Kenya considers that a compliment....Kenya: "I don't consider anything she says". BAM! 

Can you tell I'm ready for Brandi to go home? Good thing she somehow managed to scrounge up $40k. 

Where in the world did Kate get HER money? That's the real burning question!

The best part of this episode was Sig abducting the women off the street. He's the underrated star of the show. 

• Love 15

1.  WTF was up with the coat Kate was wearing at the start of the first task?  It's about 3 sizes too small for her (or am I so out of touch with what's 'on trend' that I've missed a whole season of too-small coats that leave a gap down the front?)

2.  Also, there are a worrying number of 'blonde' heads (KG being the worst offender) showing an inch or two of dark roots. I mean, you know you're going to be on a TV show where for a significant portion of the time you'll be sitting down with cameras above you filming team discussions. This show is filmed over only a few weeks - insufficient time for substantial root regrowth - so wouldn't you get your roots done before you go on national television? Shawn's highlights are nice, though.

3.  Who is Sig and what has he done?

4.  Terrell-Terrell-Terrell. *takes cold shower*

5.  Geraldo. I am now blind.

• Love 4

Does anyone know why there's underlying hostility between Brandi and Kenya?  Some backstory I don't know about?

At the Bravo upfronts, Brandi was at least drunk (Kenya says she was high as well) and walked up to NeNe, Kenya and Cynthia starting trouble.  Ever since then, they haven't gotten along.

• Love 6

As much as I dislike Geraldo and it's a venomous dislike, at 70 he is in good shape - for a 70 year old (or a 60 year old).  Did he really create the selfie buzz/craze like he said?  When I think selfie, selfish Kim Kardashian comes to mind not "my voice is so great, I am so great, I did everything first" Geraldo.  Unless Cosmo was doing a spread on sex after 60 Geraldo should have been behind the scenes.  Good gosh is underwear and black grandpa socks something to set the young crowd wanting sex.  My first reaction was Eww.

I think the ladies would have won if they had used Kenya's 'touch' theme full force.  The Olympians wanted to get into the spread and it watered down the whole thing.

What was the word Geraldo used when Kate mentioned her and Geraldo dressed as a bride a groom that she didn't know?  Executive?

• Love 5

Did anyone catch exactly what Geraldo said about Kate's kids when they were in front of the store? He first said "She's Kate with 8 kids!" and she said no, no one will want to marry me with 8 kids. Then she said "He has 8 ex-wives!" and he shot back with something about "She sells her 8 kids for money" (paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact wording)

Nothing is too low for Geraldo. And Kate was singing his praises all night long.

Aw, but he spoke the truth!  I loved that he shot back with that.  It is true that she sold her 8 to make money.

Does it not bother anyone else that when they are fired, they walk out of the building in different clothes?  I hate that!

Kate is dumb as a box of rocks, wait, I'm sorry, I did not mean to insult the rocks.  Bitch didn't know what enterprising meant?  REALLY?!  Geraldo had to explain it to her.  One other thing, close your mouth! We know you are stupid and leaving your mouth hanging open just proves it.

As for Brandi's panic attack, I don't know if she did or didn't but she raised the money while away from the group, more than Kenya did.  Kenya mentions Brandi about as much as Brandi mentions Kenya.  Don't know the back story and I really don't care to know.  Don't like either.

• Love 4

I wish they would go back to the 2 hour/episode format.  I really liked the wedding dress competition and was impressed with the effort Kenya made to help the women trying on the dresses look as beautiful as possible.  I always appreciate it when they take time with their non-big money clients as well as their deep pockets.  Color me shocked that Kate actually had a donor come through; having said that, I actually enjoyed her this episode (I know, go figure....).  Sorry to lose Terrill, but he didn't seem invested in the task and he did deserve to go.

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 2

1.  WTF was up with the coat Kate was wearing at the start of the first task?  It's about 3 sizes too small for her (or am I so out of touch with what's 'on trend' that I've missed a whole season of too-small coats that leave a gap down the front?)

2.  Also, there are a worrying number of 'blonde' heads (KG being the worst offender) showing an inch or two of dark roots. I mean, you know you're going to be on a TV show where for a significant portion of the time you'll be sitting down with cameras above you filming team discussions. This show is filmed over only a few weeks - insufficient time for substantial root regrowth - so wouldn't you get your roots done before you go on national television? Shawn's highlights are nice, though.

3.  Who is Sig and what has he done?

4.  Terrell-Terrell-Terrell. *takes cold shower*

5.  Geraldo. I am now blind.

Sig is Captain of the F/V Northwestern.  Star crab boat on Discovery's Deadliest Catch series.  Also the only boat that has been featured in all of the series seasons.  He is also a business man.  He has managed to be solid and not draw any unwanted attention to himself.  He does as told and he has raised money.  Sig has also shown a very funny side on Deadliest Catch. I like Sig.

• Love 8
As much as I dislike Geraldo and it's a venomous dislike, at 70 he is in good shape - for a 70 year old (or a 60 year old).  Did he really create the selfie buzz/craze like he said?

Geraldo's selfie did create quite a buzz, but I really don't think HE was the impetus behind the entire craze. 

As for Brandi's panic attack, I don't know if she did or didn't but she raised the money while away from the group, more than Kenya did.

Brandi raised $40000; Kenya raised $35000. And Kenya was helping big time, with the women who were actually trying on dresses in the store. Who's to say that she didn't make them quite a bit of extra money just from the "regular" people? Ian kept stressing there was money and there was value - I think he considered Kenya's efforts as very valuable to how well the team did. I don't care for either of those women myself, but I'd say their contribution was pretty even when you consider all aspects. 

edited: sorry, forgot a zero!

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

At the Bravo upfronts, Brandi was at least drunk (Kenya says she was high as well) and walked up to NeNe, Kenya and Cynthia starting trouble.  Ever since then, they haven't gotten along.

Brandi starting trouble is like Brandi Breathing. She has to do it to survive. As much as I wanted to see the bitch fired, Jamie might as well have posted a "Fire Me" sign on her forhead. I agree with the posters that think she wanted to get fired. Nobody can be that stupid.

• Love 6
These fundraising competitions are ridiculous.  It's all about connections, not about actually raising money with strategy or a marketing campaign.  It proves nothing.

I agree. That could deep six this guilty pleasure show for me.

• Love 2

Does it bother anyone else that when they are fired, they walk out of the building in different clothes?  I hate that!

That's because they shoot the scenes of the people leaving at the very beginning of the season.  One by one they walk out to the car and take off.  After a ride around the block they go back into the hotel and the next person walks out.  The only time that you see the walk of the fired 'for real' is if DT suddenly decides to fire two at once.

Heh, that brings back the fond memory of when he fired an entire team of four and they all had to share the same taxi.  That was back when he had real people on his shows, but DT doesn't like real people, he wants to hang with celebs.

• Love 4

As for Brandi's panic attack, I don't know if she did or didn't but she raised the money while away from the group, more than Kenya did.

Brandi raised $40000; Kenya raised $35000. And Kenya was helping big time, with the women who were actually trying on dresses in the store.

And what business owner would tolerate an intern or other lower level employee just going home to bed without notice?  Trump needs to change the name of this franchise because he's no longer looking for an apprentice. Celebrity Cash Grab.  Celebrity Pot Stirrers.  Celebrity Has-Beens.  If he were truly looking for a brilliant celebrity business mind, Brandi wouldn't have even made it through auditions.. 

But then I waffle back to:  Maybe they're perfect for each other.

• Love 6

Now that I've been thinking about it, despite what Trump said, I don't think last night's show was the first time he ever let each PM keep the money their teams raised. I'm pretty sure he did it once before when the amounts raised were massive. That time he made the decision to do it himself and not let the project managers decide.

He has done that before. I houht maybe the never-happened-before bit was that the totals were only $2,500 apart. But, of course, with Trump, it could be that he just wanted to say that, not that it was true.

Oh Bazinga, you made me giggle outloud!  Not a fan of Kenya's, although she is intelligent; she did herself no favors with that line of "reasoning"...

Edited by IslandGirl
  • Love 3

If they're competing for longest lasting housewife, they'll have to go a long way to beat Theresa -- she made it to 4th runner up?  Or 5th?

I think 5th.  Lisa Rinna (pre RHOBH) made it to 4.  Forgive me for knowing these things.

Is anyone besides me wondering if Brandi has called Lisa Vanderpump for a donation.  When she said "I'm calling you because you're rich...." I wondered.

I was glad both Ian and Geraldo consented to splitting the money.   To me it wasn't a question of whether they won or lost - but that two charities, instead of one, would benefit from a large amount of money.   It was the right thing to do, and of course, Trump said he wouldn't have done it.  Ugh.

Brandi/Kenya -  My money is on Kenya.  She's taken on Nene, Phaedra, etc.  She can handle Brandi.  Just  matter of time.

• Love 4

I agree. That could deep six this guilty pleasure show for me.

That's why I stopped watching years ago.  I came back this season to see Brandi in a boardroom.  LOL.  Nothin' to see here, folks.

That was back when he had real people on his shows, but DT doesn't like real people, he wants to hang with celebs.

I miss the real people.  Loved seeing them when they were smart and hungry and competing for a real position in the Trump Org.  Then, once their gigs were up with him, watching them follow other endeavors. (Sorry but not sorry that Bill Rancic's lead him to Guiliana.)  Trump's not even trying to make silk purses out of some of these sow's ears.  This is just a ratings grab, now.  Although of course I appreciate the money that is raised for the charities but other than that...meh.

• Love 2

Is anyone besides me wondering if Brandi has called Lisa Vanderpump for a donation. When she said "I'm calling you because you're rich...." I wondered.

I was thinking perhaps the Fosters. David and Yolonda are still friendly with her, I think, and they are rolling in dough. Plus it would look good for King David to show up with a big check, or to Skype....anything to get his face on TV.

• Love 2

Interesting that Kate brought in Ted Gibson; when she had her big makeover post split from John, it was Ted that did the 7K hair extension job. 

Brandi and her panic attack...not buying it. I've had panic attacks before, and at no point during one have I sat, giggling on the floor, asking someone on the phone if I'm possibly having a panic attack?

I've never been diagnosed with having anxiety, but the few times I've had a panic attack, I'm immediately dry heaving, shaking, and on the verge of tears (or crying.) That?  Was either so low level it doesn't register or she's lying.  I'm going with the latter.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 4

I had to laugh when Trump said poor "Brandi has been through a lot" and Kenya quickly replied, "Who hasn't?" LOL. I don't watch those Housewives shows so I don't know all that's gone on between Kenya and Brandi, but on CA Kenya is certainly coming across a lot better than Brandi is.

I rolled my eyes clear underneath the sofa when he said that.  He was likely referring to Brandi's nasty divorce that happened Ian's ago.  I mean, eons ago.  It's her ONLY claim to fame and the whole reason she's was hired by Bravo to begin with.

Is anyone besides me wondering if Brandi has called Lisa Vanderpump for a donation.  When she said "I'm calling you because you're rich...." I wondered.

Totally could've been.  Because I can see Lisa picking up the phone, in the rose garden with Ken and saying, "Why are you calling me?"

And Brandi responding, "I'm calling you because you're rich."  The part they cut out was when Brandi continues, in her best little girl voice, "You know you love me."

• Love 9
Now that I've been thinking about it, despite what Trump said, I don't think last night's show was the first time he ever let each PM keep the money their teams raised. I'm pretty sure he did it once before when the amounts raised were massive. That time he made the decision to do it himself and not let the project managers decide.

Yea, I couldn't say for certain, but I had the feeling I wasn't seeing anything new or shocking. Leave it to Trump....

I rolled my eyes clear underneath the sofa when he said that.  He was likely referring to Brandi's nasty divorce that happened Ian's ago.  I mean, eons ago.  It's her ONLY claim to fame and the whole reason she's was hired by Bravo to begin with.

I rolled my eyes clear out of the building! Totally agree with Kenya - who hasn't been through something??? Sadly, there's probably a woman on every block who has been cheated on and/or left for another woman. She's going to milk that shit until the cows come home. 

• Love 3

Yea, but there was bad blood between them long before this (the Upfronts were in May, after CA).  I believe that Brandi said something horrible about Kenya last year or the year before on WWHL, and she has also sent some ugly tweets about her.  I do think that Bravo is absolutely fueling the fire, but I also believe they truly dislike one another.  

Has it ever happened before where two contestants on CA enter the show already having a history of disliking each other? I think The Donald is loving this and will want them both to stick around as long as possible. 

Interesting that Kate brought in Ted Gibson; when she had her big makeover post split from John, it was Ted that did the 7K hair extension job. 

He should have touched up her roots while he was there.

I thought Kate and the female exec from Cosmo were look-a-likes.

Yea, I couldn't say for certain, but I had the feeling I wasn't seeing anything new or shocking. Leave it to Trump....

I rolled my eyes clear out of the building! Totally agree with Kenya - who hasn't been through something??? Sadly, there's probably a woman on every block who has been cheated on and/or left for another woman. She's going to milk that shit until the cows come home. 

She arleady has. As fo the "Anxiety" attack my bet is it was more like needing a hit.   

• Love 4

I know people liked Steve Sanders, but everything Ian Ziering said was painful for me to listen to. 

He had this painful (I'm sorry, it's the only word) wannabe-inspirational vibe somewhere between a pep rally, a timeshare presentation and a Jehovah's Witness at your door.  Especially saying goodbye to Terrell.  How weird.  And painful. 

• Love 21

I guess Terrell could be described as exiting classy.  I would call it apathetic and checked out.  He didn't argue because he had nothing to say.  Did he do anything other than eat and stand upright one time?  The guy sat in the room bundled up in a wool coat while Kenya sat there sleeveless - that is how absolutely lazy he was.  Two professional athletes let  two of the most hated women in America (and probably the poorest cast members) beat them.  That doesn't reflect well on them.

This.  I get not being comfortable asking people for money but then, so neither you nor your agent have ever seen CA before?  What are you doing here?  Bottom line you don't have to be comfortable with it, explain your circumstances and get a commitment.   If we were discussing someone with a meek professional persona, I'd be cool with his shrug it offness, but dude, it's Terrell damn Owens, arguably the loudest and biggest mouth in the NFL.  Bro you are not shy AND it's for charity.  Get your ass back on the phone and let's get this money.

Kenya and Brandi are both damn lucky that Jamie was such an ineffective PM. And Kenya really lost any ground she had in criticizing Brandi for not being there, when it turned out that Brandy actually raised $5,000 more than she did. (She raised $40K.) It was so, so obvious that Jamie was going home. And Kenya making a point (?) about age having nothing to do with how effective someone could be as a PM bc she won a pageant at 22? That was an illogical comparison.

I think that her point was that age and inexperience go together yes, but not age and inability.  I also think she made that point excellently with the example of winning a national beauty pageant title at 22.   Viewing it as an accomplishment may be relative but I understand what she was getting at.  You cannot do that at that level, without sheer determination and ambition.   And she said that to exactly the right person.  Because of course Trump was buying up real estate at 20, wasn't everybody?  However self aggrandizing, the larger point is you're motivated or you're not, but being 22 isn't a justification for not.

Does anyone know why there's underlying hostility between Brandi and Kenya?  Some backstory I don't know about?

It goes back to the racist comment Brandi made to Joyce on RHOBH about swimming and her black friends, blah blah blah.  Kenya called her an idiot on twitter.  Brandi retorted (on WWHL I believe) by calling Kenya an ashy whore.   And off we went. 

{{Kenya Moore nose in the air voice}}   It's Miss USA actually.   lol.

• Love 10

If they're competing for longest lasting housewife, they'll have to go a long way to beat Theresa -- she made it to 4th runner up?  Or 5th?

I'm starting to think he's going deep, because they're spending zero time on him.  He looks checked out, but he is bringing in money and pulling his weight on tasks, because he's never been discussed as an option for firing.  If he is bringing in more money than two professional athletes, he came prepared.   

RE: Sig: Yeah, I never expected John Rich in his season to do that well because he always seemed somewhat disinterested in things. I still think Penn deserved to win. So maybe Sig is a dark horse.

• Love 2

I know people liked Steve Sanders, but everything Ian Ziering said was painful for me to listen to. 

He had this painful (I'm sorry, it's the only word) wannabe-inspirational vibe somewhere between a pep rally, a timeshare presentation and a Jehovah's Witness at your door.  Especially saying goodbye to Terrell.  How weird.  And painful. 

I was almost embarrassed for him, Drogo.  I say almost because I've never been a fan.  :-)

• Love 2

It goes back to the racist comment Brandi made to Joyce on RHOBH about swimming and her black friends, blah blah blah.  Kenya called her an idiot on twitter.  Brandi retorted (on WWHL I believe) by calling Kenya an ashy whore.   And off we went. 

Aw, that was it! Thanks for the reminder.  It must just irk Brandi that Kenya has got her number. 

I think that her point was that age and inexperience go together yes, but not age and inability.  I also think she made that point excellently with the example of winning a national beauty pageant title at 22.   Viewing it as an accomplishment may be relative but I understand what she was getting at.  You cannot do that at that level, without sheer determination and ambition.

Jamie Anderson has won gold medals as a teen in the X Games and an Olympic gold medal in her low twenties.  So winning in your field at a young age against competitors of a similar age, is not a response to the excuse that someone is young and should be given a pass.  It is a silly excuse already, not countered by showing off a separate accomplishment of yours at a young age to prove a person can have their act together at a young age.  I agree giving someone a pass for being young is wrong, but Kenya's example of Miss USA at 22 is ridiculous.  The proper response is that if she is too young to be in a competition with older people she shouldn't be here.

Nobody is focused on this but Jamie was a terrible PM.  She could barely speak in the presentation, provided no leadership, allowed Kenya to take over, was indecisive in the boardroom even before not picking Brandi, had no argument why she should not be fired, looked to Trump to make the decision for her, etc.  Jamie should still have been fired even if she brought Kenya and Brandi into the boardroom; she was worse then them.

Tasks like this one are comparable to a kid selling cookies to their family members or friends.  Shows no business skills: people are buying/donating because they like you, feel pity for you or want to support a charity, not because you have great sales skills.

I would love to see the Trump children (and Trump himself, really) compete on this show without being judged as Trumps.  Hate that they are always able to criticize after the fact.  Just like I would love to see Jeff Probst compete on Survivor and Alex Trebek compete on Jeopardy.

Leeza is clearly on Team Brandi and her bias is showing.  Know they are friends based on her appearance on Real Housewives of BH as a friend of Brandi.  If they had a falling out, she would not be her friend afterward.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 3
He should have touched up her roots while he was there.

I thought Kate and the female exec from Cosmo were look-a-likes.

At the risk of sounding totally shallow - she needed a haircut as well. Or to have her extensions removed. Long hair is not for everyone, and I think it really makes her long face look longer. I say this as someone who has a very long face. If I grow my hair longer, I try to pull it back or curl it or something. All that long hair and the long face makes one look horsey. 

• Love 4