Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: A Family Affair

Hope someone brings up that the Olympians in flags looked like bath towels, and not in a good way. That layout may have been anti-sexy. Read like a family photo with a guy and his two sisters.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 2

Good gosh Jamie.  The Donald wasted too much time letting her talk.  I kept screaming you're fired, you're fired.  Please never, ever show Geraldo in his underwear.  I see Brandi now becoming Brandi.  Kenya really should have been the model instead of Brandi.

• Love 8

Kenya and that guy, getting down and hot and sweaty.....wheeew lawd, that would have been hot stuff!

I think that's what she was hoping for, too....

Good gosh Jamie.  The Donald wasted too much time letting her talk.  I kept screaming you're fired, you're fired.  Please never, ever show Geraldo in his underwear.  I see Brandi now becoming Brandi.  Kenya really should have been the model instead of Brandi.

Absolutely - that "Pay for it" or "buy it" comment about Kenya's booty was totally uncalled for - I think Brandi forgot what show she was filming.  And, Jamie, I think, wanted to go home - that was why she didn't bring Brandi into the boardroom.

• Love 6

Kate is like the roach that won't die. I can't wait to hear why her $50,000 doesn't show up.

Geraldo should have been fired for running around in his underwear. I disagree with whomever said he looks good for his 70s.

Geraldo - especially in his underwear and black socks and shoes - soooo sexy - NOT!!!! 

• Love 3

brandi is so intimidated by Kenya that she goes back to her hotel room? Ha! Great! So she'll be FIRED NEXT! Very good. Her jealousy of Kenya is just hilarious. I think she's spoken of Kenya about 70 times since this season has aired. God, Ms.Brandi's obsession with Kenya has boiled over and she probably had to go to the hotel to look at her stick figure body in the mirror and remind herself that she's still sexy. Fucking weirdo.

Edited by kinkihairchik
  • Love 1

Wow..Ian impressed me so much tonight!  He's really a nice guy.  I love the way he handled the board room.  As soon as they changed teams and we learned it was a fund raiser I knew TO was toast.  But he went out with class.

I am rooting for IAN all the way now!!

• Love 9

Very classy exit, Terrell!  Was hoping to see more of him, but if you don't bring in the money, Trump isn't having it.

I'm also impressed with Ian, who was super professional and used the hell out of his contacts (including yummy Chippendale Jaymes from TAR).  Speaking of the Chippendales, did Ian said that was his "side dish gig" or did I hear that wrong?

Seriously not understanding why Jamie didn't bring in Brandi.  At least they didn't show Trump going on and on about it, though.

• Love 6

I knew that as soon as Jamie told Donald Trump that she made a mistake in not bringing Brandi into the boardroom, she would be fired.

Geraldo taking off his clothes was unnecessary. I thought the men's team wasn't going to include that picture in the layout. I don't know how he thought he would appeal to Cosmopolitan readers.

In the second task, I thought that it was nice that both project managers decided to keep half of the total earnings. I would've done the same.

Terrell's exit was classy. He accepted that he raised the least amount of money in a fundraising task instead of trying to convince Donald to fire Ian or Johnny.

• Love 3

Ian did have a stint with the Chippendales just before Sharknado 1 became part of pop culture lore and did another run last year.  Eeee!!! Jaymes!!!  The Chippies should have been back for TAR All Stars dammit!

I agreed with the firings.  I missed most of the first episode, but the concept was all over the place.  Terrell owed up to not raising enough.  

• Love 1

I thought that was Jaymes! I loved those guys. Man, I felt so bad for Ian. So close. But he is a class act, and knows how to play the game, though I think he was initially counting on Geraldo's massive ego to insist on the all-or-nothing. And I'm sure he was glad that, just this once, Geraldo kept it in check.

• Love 2

Of course Trump (and all the contestants) acted like he was being so generous for giving $6000 to Geraldo's charity and $8000 to Ian's charity. Even though he probably spends more than that on pretty much anything he buys. Yuck.

Well - if that orange glow he would like to think is a tan is an indicator, he is certainly NOT spending good money on self tanner....he looks like my Mom used to when she used QT Tanning lotion about 40 years ago!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

Did anyone catch exactly what Geraldo said about Kate's kids when they were in front of the store? He first said "She's Kate with 8 kids!" and she said no, no one will want to marry me with 8 kids. Then she said "He has 8 ex-wives!" and he shot back with something about "She sells her 8 kids for money" (paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact wording)

Nothing is too low for Geraldo. And Kate was singing his praises all night long.

• Love 4

Kate brought in 2 hairstylists on the day they were setting up the store...did they ever come back?  I'm no Kate fan, but I thought that was a pretty good idea and wanted to see them in action.  Maybe it was a blink & miss it moment?

• Love 10

I'm waiting for the secretary to come out with a book, her journal she keeps about everyone who's sitting out there sweating.

I've always assumed that woman is a walk on extra who doodles while she sits there.  I don't think that's a functioning office.

I knew that as soon as Jamie told Donald Trump that she made a mistake in not bringing Brandi into the boardroom, she would be fired.

Terrell's exit was classy. He accepted that he raised the least amount of money in a fundraising task instead of trying to convince Donald to fire Ian or Johnny.

Jamie was history when she looked at Trump blankly and asked him who she should bring back in the boardroom.  She could care less, "the mountains" were calling her.

I guess Terrell could be described as exiting classy.  I would call it apathetic and checked out.  He didn't argue because he had nothing to say.  Did he do anything other than eat and stand upright one time?  The guy sat in the room bundled up in a wool coat while Kenya sat there sleeveless - that is how absolutely lazy he was.  Two professional athletes let  two of the most hated women in America (and probably the poorest cast members) beat them.  That doesn't reflect well on them.

• Love 9

I can't believe I forgot to mention Geraldo's claiming his gross selfie "kick started the selfie trend."  Oh man, this guy.

I am thinking that by the end of the season, Geraldo will have convinced everyone that he performed the first heart transplant, knows a cure for cancer and has participated in peace talks around the world....

Loved the comment about Al Capone's vault from the person Ian was speaking with on the phone during his fund-raising calls!!! 

• Love 16

Did anyone catch exactly what Geraldo said about Kate's kids when they were in front of the store? He first said "She's Kate with 8 kids!" and she said no, no one will want to marry me with 8 kids. Then she said "He has 8 ex-wives!" and he shot back with something about "She sells her 8 kids for money" (paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact wording)

Nothing is too low for Geraldo. And Kate was singing his praises all night long.

"Kate plus eight potential income sources" - yeah, she didn't catch it.  I kind of felt bad for her.  She clearly felt very comfortable and confident with her new team, and I'm sure she thinks Geraldo actually likes her - to be fair, the guy's team actually sounded like they defended her in the first hour.  I think Kate has daddy issues - she idolized John's father.  She seems to be hero-worshipping Geraldo.

• Love 3

I loved Kate's comment in the board room that she was going to become his "next ex-wife"!!  (And, if Geraldo wasn't currently married, I bet she would be trying!!) 

• Love 1

Kate brought in 2 hairstylists on the day they were setting up the store...did they ever come back?  I'm no Kate fan, but I thought that was a pretty good idea and wanted to see them in action.  Maybe it was a blink & miss it moment?

I was wondering about that too.  I thought it was a smart idea as well, and then...nothing.  It seemed like they were setting up as a window display, but I don't remember seeing it later on.

I've always assumed that woman is a walk on extra who doodles while she sits there.  I don't think that's a functioning office.

Jamie was history when she looked at Trump blankly and asked him who she should bring back in the boardroom.  She could care less, "the mountains" were calling her.

I guess Terrell could be described as exiting classy.  I would call it apathetic and checked out.  He didn't argue because he had nothing to say.  Did he do anything other than eat and stand upright one time?  The guy sat in the room bundled up in a wool coat while Kenya sat there sleeveless - that is how absolutely lazy he was.  Two professional athletes let  two of the most hated women in America (and probably the poorest cast members) beat them.  That doesn't reflect well on them.

Yet even after they lost, Kenya wanted Brandi brought back in not TO!. Those 2 really hate each other. Kenya blinked when she heard that Brandi brought in more $$ than she did. LOL I can't stand either woman BTW!

• Love 6

Kenya and Brandi are both damn lucky that Jamie was such an ineffective PM. And Kenya really lost any ground she had in criticizing Brandi for not being there, when it turned out that Brandy actually raised $5,000 more than she did. (She raised $40K.) It was so, so obvious that Jamie was going home. And Kenya making a point (?) about age having nothing to do with how effective someone could be as a PM bc she won a pageant at 22? That was an illogical comparison. 

Ian was great, and was an outstanding PM. I am sorry his team lost, but I really respected him for asking Trump to match his charity money as well as Geraldo. And I loved that Trump agreed. That was fab. I thought it was really something that Terrell agreed he needed to be fired, that was very honest of him. He was really uncomfortable pressing people for money, which is a huge part of this show. I am not sure why he would sign on if he knew that. Oh Kenya, whose ass will you grab now?

I really didn't like either team's approach to the article/pictorial, and especially hated the "selfie" concept, but then, Cosmo apparently loved it, so what do I know. Cosmopolitan often runs fitness articles that have nothing to do with sex, so it really wasn't necessary to go in that direction. I thought it would have been better had the women stuck with a straight "fitness tips from the Olympians", which they only half did.

I thought Kate was ok, she brought in 30K and wasn't a thorn in any way, nothing to really complain about re: her this ep, unless you were Mrs Rivera bristling at the "I'll be his next ex-wife" remark.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 5

Except Geraldo was telling the truth about Kate and selling/exploiting her kids. Just like all the other TLC shows with kids.  These kids have no power, they cannot say no.   Then mommie and daddie buy cars, move into mcmansions and then get divorced sometime after the vow renewal.

• Love 5

It was a very good idea and I was impressed with her. I was kind of in and out so I missed if they were shown

Geraldo gives out classified troop locations for ratings, so I hold Kate in higher regard, here. I don't really feel she exploits her kids, but they do have a deadbeat dad, so she has to hustle somehow,.

• Love 6

I am glad Geraldo won. I-on spent too much time talking about beating Geraldo, less about his charity. it was about 50/50% imo.

Geraldo also wanted to beat I-on, but did not make as many petty comments.

Geraldo has had a very long career, has done more good than bad, while I-on is more of a has been.

• Love 2

I am glad Geraldo won. I-on spent too much time talking about beating Geraldo, less about his charity. it was about 50/50% imo.

Geraldo also wanted to beat I-on, but did not make as many petty comments.

Geraldo has had a very long career, has done more good than bad, while I-on is more of a has been.

I think part of Geraldo wanting to beat Ian was that he thinks that Ian was sandbagging on contributions during the first fund raising competition. It was brought up in the first board room but not mentioned in this one.

Jamie is just too nice to be there with all the alfa females and was tired of the drama. I'd rather be snowboarding also. Shawn has the same problem so she will be gone as soon as she is project manager and the team looses. I think Terrell also really didn't mind being fired because he doesn't feel comfortable about fund raising. He'd reather devote his time for a good cause.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 4

I just loved the way Donald cut Kate off in mid sentence, like he was saying 'I really do not care what you have to say.'.  I am sure he hates asking her anything because she never shuts up, you know Donald knows she is being as fake as a $3.00 bill...she started her little speech again about how much she appreciates him asking her what she thinks.  No One Cares What You Think, Kate!  But this I am sure of, she is going to kiss Geraldo's 71 year old ass thinking that will get her further in the game!  I hope next week we say 'adios' to both Geraldo & Kate!

Waldo13 said:

I think part of Geraldo wanting to beat Ian was that he thinks that Ian was sandbagging on contributions during the first fund raising competition. It was brought up in the first board room but not mentioned in this one.

I was thinking that too, but seriously, if you had someone say to you before the show "You can count on me for a very generous donation", wouldn't you use it for your own PM & charity rather than someone else's?  I think I would. 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 6

I wasn't super comfortable with Brandi's "panic attack" sitch.  I don't know how much cross over there is with this forum and RHOBH, but Brandi is always playing the "I've got anxiety" card about pretty much every event she attends on that show.  She's admitted on Watch What Happens Live that she mixes alcohol with her Lexapro, which is not good for anxiety disorders.  I think she was just talking out of her, how should we say, derriere.

• Love 9

These fundraising competitions are ridiculous.  It's all about connections, not about actually raising money with strategy or a marketing campaign.  It proves nothing. 

I haven't watch the show in years.  Now I'm reminded why.  I wish something else of interest was on Monday nights.

• Love 5

Yes, I've always hated the fundraising competitions, because they might as well have two booths in an empty warehouse.  The competition itself RARELY means jack shit.  It seems to always come down to "why didn't you call more friends" with Trump specifying some of the friends they should have called.

Then again, it could be the editing, but it seems like the people off the street bring in "hundreds" of dollars, tops.

Edited by KayElektra
  • Love 5

I enjoy this show except for one thing...that obnoxious fart Donald Trump.  I hate how everyone kisses his ring and sucks up.  And that daughter of his.  Does she ever say anything to him besides "You did the right thing"?  Oh, I forgot, for variety there's always "I think you did the right thing".  (Ok, thanks for letting me get that off my chest)

I'd also like the competitions more if they were all skill and hustle based instead how many rich people you know.  At least, everyone would have a fair chance then. 

Does anyone know why there's underlying hostility between Brandi and Kenya?  Some backstory I don't know about?

• Love 11

When did Ian become a life coach? Hilarious hearing him give Terrell Owens inspirational speeches.

Both Cosmo spreads looked horrendous, but again, why are they squishing two episodes into one so we barely get a feel for the tasks? And why are they not showing the charity getting the checks anymore?

• Love 6

And Kenya making a point (?) about age having nothing to do with how effective someone could be as a PM bc she won a pageant at 22? That was an illogical comparison.

Afterall most Miss Americas are in their 30s or 40s, so a 22 year old winning against older competitors is a real accomplishment!  I can't believe people don't realize that. 

• Love 7