Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

Mckenzie is straight up stupid and not a good mama to leave her poor kid at home to get her 15 minutes of fame.

A lot of these teen mom types don't really raise their children -- their mothers do.  It's a chance for a young granny to have a "do over" and raise a child without being the ultimate authority … 

I bet Mackenzie's kid is being happily raised by gramma and Mama visits or is more like an older sister … 

• Love 1

This link shows the requirements of persons applying for The Bachelor.  Please take note of item #9 and #14

http://thebachelor.warnerbros.com/casting/

June Shannon & her Honey BooBoo crowd were under the TLC network.  Nothing like an ABC reality show.

A major TV network like ABC is not going to cast a person with documented mental medical issues on this show. 

I think that depends. They want it disclosed, they want liability waived. Beyond that, there's just a lot of greed. I don't think Ashley S. is acting and if Chris were really a nice guy, he'd notice and tell producers he needs to send her home.

Oh, and Mackenzie? I don't understand at all. I assume she and Kale live with her parents so he is getting pretty much the same care as always. Still, to be away from your 1 year old for a couple of months just to meet Chris (who's, what? 11 years older than she is and -very- unlikely to be her next long-term hookup, much less husband) is pretty difficult to understand. She seems very immature and also not very bright.

I like the dark-haired woman (Kelsey?) and look forward to her THs since, like Britt and a couple of others, she seems refreshingly normal.

I really liked Amber's RC dress.  I never understand these gowns that the women wear.  This show is neither a red carpet event nor a prom, so why dress like it?  Cute party dresses are where it's at.  Also, Amber reminds me of Phylicia Rashad.

• Love 1

I've always been convinced the "gowns" are brought in by the producers. When you see the luggage of the booted girl, it is always one or two smallish suitcases. No way would they be able to bring in 20 or so dresses plus numerous bikinis, shorts, tanks, boots, heavy coats and gloves etc.

I think the girls provide some basic pieces and then they choose from the prom like offerings. When you think about it, in some cases the girls wear two different dresses in one day (one group date dress and one cocktail party dress). I just never believed any of them owned or went out and bought 30 cocktail dresses with matching shoes and bags. All of that would require huge amounts of luggage and we never see anything like that. I think off screen there is a dressing room with all of that stuff to choose from.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

Ok.  Well.  First Chris lost points with me by breaking old "Snogging Blob's" record of how many women he kissed in an hour.  CH has said that Blob "scored" with 5 1/2 of the women he had on the show.  Chris is starting to look more and more like a man whore to me because he's shattering all records by the 2nd episode.  Slow DOWN boy!  

Ashley S. is DEFINITELY on something.  Maybe she's mixing legit rx drugs with alcohol and it's not turning out well.  Still...it's not funny and it's NOT good tv to me to watch someone become a trainwreck.  

LOVE the short dark haired girl.  Can't remember her name.  This does not bode well for her but she seems the most down to earth and mature of the bunch.

I was SURE the virgin was about to swallow Chris.  She may not have ever made it to home plate but she DEFINITELY has experience in 1st thru 3rd base!

Finally...does anyone else wonder if Josh and Nikki might be a good couple???

IDK what to make of Psycho. I hope she is faking because if not, I feel really shitty watching someone who is truly disturbed for entertainment. This show really makes me question my own morals, or if, by watching, I have proven I have none. lol

I find Ashley S. to be entertaining, and I admit part of it is because she is right up my alley, looks wise (along with Whitney and the recently booted Tandra). Her antics may or may not be a lot of fakery, I don't know. 

For what it's worth, if her behavior is sincere, I for one think she is more eccentric and kind of spacey than anything else. It just comes off weirder than usual because you usually expect it to come from a more new agey, hippie-ish package, or perhaps someone with a more bohemian, artistic bent. Ashley S looks like the accountant that she apparently is. Though her Bachelor bio says she is a hair stylist, her social media says she works, or worked, as a controller (i.e. accountant). So it is all a bit of a misdirect as you just don't ever expect the bookkeeper to have a few screws loose, 

And not for nothing, but that maniacal laugh Jillian let out after she tripped was crazier than anything Ashley S. did or said. 

Edited by reggiejax

Finally...does anyone else wonder if Josh and Nikki might be a good couple???

Well, she's an airhead and he's a mimbo. And she lives in the Kansas City area, and his brother is the third-string quarterback for the KC Chiefs. So that's something.

• Love 1
When you think about it, in some cases the girls wear two different dresses in one day (one group date dress and one cocktail party dress). I just never believed any of them owned or went out and bought 30 cocktail dresses with matching shoes and bags.

I'm pretty sure Reality Steve has answered this question several times and has always said that the girls actually do bring all their own dresses, but most of the time they borrow dresses from friends and family, because, you're right, no one outside of a Real Housewife or a pageant contestant would have that many formal dresses. RS says the production DOES provide the dresses for the F2 for the FRC.

• Love 2

And not for nothing, but that maniacal laugh Jillian let out after she tripped was crazier than anything Ashley S. did or said.

That was the laugh of someone who was so embarrassed she wanted the earth to open up and swallow her whole, but since that was probably not going to happen she was trying to show a sense of humor about the double-disaster she had just found herself in.  Not that I know that particular laugh from experience, or anything...

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 10

I'm wondering what century Mackenzie is living in to think that a 33 year old man actually wants to deflower a virgin.  She's been listening to too many Harlequin Romance books on tapes (I seriously doubt her ability to read).  Chris may SAY that's fine for the cameras, but in reality, I really don't think men his age looking to find a sexually compatible mate, want to deal with that. 

Totally disagree.  Most men are going to be excited to be the first. 

I find Ashley S. to be entertaining, and I admit part of it is because she is right up my alley, looks wise (along with Whitney and the recently booted Tandra). Her antics may or may not be a lot of fakery, I don't know. 

For what it's worth, if her behavior is sincere, I for one think she is more eccentric and kind of spacey than anything else. It just comes off weirder than usual because you usually expect it to come from a more new agey, hippie-ish package, or perhaps someone with a more bohemian, artistic bent. Ashley S looks like the accountant that she apparently is. Though her Bachelor bio says she is a hair stylist, her social media says she works, or worked, as a controller (i.e. accountant). So it is all a bit of a misdirect as you just don't ever expect the bookkeeper to have a few screws loose, 

I'm a controller... controller and bookkeeper are not the same profession.  At all.  

• Love 1

I don't really get the Mackenzie bashing! She doesn't seem particularly dumb* to me, just so, so young. On her one-on-one time with Chris, she acted like a 21-year-old on a first date - excited and nervous. She bounced around a lot conversationally, but I thought it was adorable, if exhausting. Pointing out Chris's earring hole was cute, and the big nose thing was like something a lot of people say on a date about the other person's eyes or hands or whatever. Also there doesn't seem to me to be anything stupid about believing in aliens or life on other planets or whatever. I would rather date someone who does believe life exists elsewhere than someone who does not. I think she was treating the whole thing more like a real life first date than a date on The Bachelor, which generally involves more deep, involved topics necessary to prove that you are willing to "put yourself out there" and "open up" blah blah blah.

*The organic comment from last week was dumb, ok, I admit it, particularly given her son has the same name as a vegetable.

Yeah, ITA with all of this. Kale's mom is young, but also one of the least affected, least pretentious bachelorettes that I can remember. So far, the feeling I get from her is that she'd be acting no different, cameras or no, and that's refreshing on this circus show. Also I agree with her on the strong profiles and I don't not believe in aliens, so we're cool. Kale's not a first name I'd consider, but hey, you do you, girl.

No, I don't think he'll be the dumbest. Wouldn't that be Jesse the football player? (Related question: Who has been the smartest? Brad? Serious question.)

Chris is no Mensa member but so far he's, ummm, OK under the circumstances. Little too quick to kiss but whatever. However many of the women who have received lots of air time at this point absolutely have rocks for brains. I'm hoping in the coming weeks they'll be culled out and slightly more intelligent women will stick around.

* What am I saying: they've chosen to be on this vile show. How intelligent can they be?

And one more thing: the ladies seem to be great buddies already. I haven't watched in a long time -- are they usually this chummy and sweet to each other?

I was genuinely impressed when Chris pointed out the Hoover Dam in the helicopter. In normal world, not remarkable but in Bachelor world correctly identifying a national landmark gains you points in my book. As for the women, I think they usually are friendly with one another (post-show, there seem to be a lot more successful and long-lasting friendships among the contestants than any loveships) but they tend to play up-- especially with the Bachelorettes-- the rivalries and catfights. Don't get me wrong: I want to see the stupid fights, but I'm glad to have it balanced out with the stupid fun, too.

Edited by Miss Kubelik
  • Love 1

I think the biggest things reality show producers are concerned with is cutting those appearing off from the outside world during the filming period and containing leaks.

I thought so, too, so I was really surprised to see Mackenzie whip out her phone to show Chris pictures of Kale. In the past, the contestants have had "old fashioned" prints to share. I almost wonder if it was because it was an impromptu 1:1, so they weren't prepared with printed pictures and it was just easier to give her her phone. But I also wonder where the "phone vault" is that they were able to get it to her so readily. And, did they turn off service so she couldn't "cheat"? We're saying how could she leave her baby, yet I bet it's just as difficult to pry a 21-year-old away from her phone.

• Love 3

For what it's worth, if her behavior is sincere, I for one think she is more eccentric and kind of spacey than anything else.

I think this is what she's going for.

Casting for JP's season was begun in the wake of Gia Allemande's suicide summer before last.  At that time, CBS, Fleiss & the whole production group made it crystal clear to the media that in addition to extensive background and medical checks, there were on-set counselors for the contestants. 

I just think they are hyper vigilant at this point to be careful who they cast.

We're saying how could she leave her baby, yet I bet it's just as difficult to pry a 21-year-old away from her phone.

*LOL*

Edited by leighdear

Wow, I don't know if I can make it through this season and I'm usually pretty resilient. I mostly watch this show for the snark, but stupid, stupidly drunk/on drugs does not funny make to me. I could feel my brain cells dying watching this episode. I swear there aren't more than 5 girls there with even an average IQ, let alone above average.

I agree, MsPH. Sorta gives new connotation to Chris' astonished exclamations of "what?" and "wow!" as the women exited the limo, doesn't it?

I hope they sprayed those tractor seats with Lysol or Clorox after the tractor race was over.  I kind of think Ashley S is on something.  I'm trying to remember how she moved - if she was wobbly, tripping, etc.  I don't remember anything like that.  But it seems it would be hard for an nonprofessional actor so sustain that weirdness for so long.  If she was faking it, wouldn't a bit of rationality peep in now and then?

Edited by Lamb18
I hope they sprayed those tractor seats with Lysol or Clorox after the tractor race was over.

Indeed.  Having them prance around in wet, shrinking, already-skimpy bikinis gave new meaning to the date description "Show me your . . . . "

Is it a requirement for everyone to dump on TB their hard-luck sob stories right away? "Chris needs to know this about me: I have a kid. I'm a virgin. My dad's dead." Yada yada. I'd wait a while to see if I'm compatible with a guy before I unloaded that stuff. Or, is it a ploy so Chris would feel guilty sending them home?

This is actually what I focused on with my weekly Bachelor blog post this week...I think this show has created a really unfair "get out jail free" card with sob stories...Chris has to keep the girl around or he looks like an ass, even though he might have no connection with them.

If you feel like reading it here's a link... Tuesday Walk of Shame: Is Chris Harrison Encouraging the Girls to Stalk Chris?

I thought so, too, so I was really surprised to see Mackenzie whip out her phone to show Chris pictures of Kale. In the past, the contestants have had "old fashioned" prints to share. I almost wonder if it was because it was an impromptu 1:1, so they weren't prepared with printed pictures and it was just easier to give her her phone. But I also wonder where the "phone vault" is that they were able to get it to her so readily. And, did they turn off service so she couldn't "cheat"? We're saying how could she leave her baby, yet I bet it's just as difficult to pry a 21-year-old away from her phone.

Maybe Cassandra brought prints last season not knowing her phone was an option? (I can't remember what happened with single-parent contestants in earlier seasons.) Someone off-camera must have handed her the phone just for that scene, and snatched it away afterward.

It's funny, I haven't heard past contestants bring up phones when they do the behind-the-curtain thing. Maybe I'll tweet a few whistleblowers about it. I'm guessing they are allowed limited phone time to check their messages, in case there's something urgent in there. It must be outgoing calls/texts and Internet use that's not allowed.

• Love 1

It's funny, I haven't heard past contestants bring up phones when they do the behind-the-curtain thing. Maybe I'll tweet a few whistleblowers about it. I'm guessing they are allowed limited phone time to check their messages, in case there's something urgent in there. It must be outgoing calls/texts and Internet use that's not allowed.

They do have some means of emergency contact. Wasn't it on Andi's season that someone had a relative or friend pass away and so he left? It was the other African American guy (in additon to Marquel). And there have been other instances of people hearing of problems back home and it affecting their stint on the show. Ed (on Jillian's season) being told that he had to return to his job or lose it comes to mind. But in all of these instances, it almost seems like the message comes through production and they've "allowed" to them speak to someone on the phone about it. Yet, at the same time, haven't we seen parents talking to their kids? Then again, that definitely happens on Top Chef--maybe not this show! The leads with kids we've seen talking with their kids, but I guess not the contestants with kids. Do tweet them, Bugs, and report back! Thanks!

Edited by JenE4

Still, to be away from your 1 year old for a couple of months just to meet Chris (who's, what? 11 years older than she is and -very- unlikely to be her next long-term hookup, much less husband) is pretty difficult to understand. She seems very immature and also not very bright.

What, you are thinking she is there to meet her future husband? That is not the Right Reason to be on TB! It's to become a famewhore, possibly become the next B-ette, get invited on Bach in Paradise if you are crazy enough, and become one of TB family members so you can go to Red Carpets and be invited to Chris H.'s house for seances. Having a one-year-old child to leave at home is like putting your pup in the kennel while you travel. Not a big deal TO SOME PARENTS.

It completely bugged me that she said she had a KID while Chris replied, Oh, you have a CHILD. So much more respect from TB that from the mom. So there's that to consider, too.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2
I was genuinely impressed when Chris pointed out the Hoover Dam in the helicopter

Don't be too impressed. When they are on travel dates the lead is always saying stuff like "Here is this secret cave that I know about because I've never been here" and "We are now entering sacred battle grounds where monks battled atheists and rumor is you can't talk or kiss when you're here. In later years, it was named Milwaukee, an Algonquin word for 'the good land'." I think most leads are fed this kind of info.

I heard a little third hand gossip that McKenzie cheated on her boyfriend with the guy who got her pregnant, resulting in the breakup. She lives with her parents and baby was left with parents. 

• Love 5
What, you are thinking she is there to meet her future husband? That is not the Right Reason to be on TB! It's to become a famewhore, possibly become the next B-ette, get invited on Bach in Paradise if you are crazy enough, and become one of TB family members so you can go to Red Carpets and be invited to Chris H.'s house for seances.

Or to get your on/off boyfriend or baby daddy to commit. See Renee and Cassandra from JP's season, Tierra from Sean's season, Casey from Ben's season, Melissa from Mesnick's season, Jenni from Brad 1.0, and probably many others.

• Love 5

Or to get your on/off boyfriend or baby daddy to commit. See Renee and Cassandra from JP's season, Tierra from Sean's season, Casey from Ben's season, Melissa from Mesnick's season, Jenni from Brad 1.0, and probably many others.

Good point, chocolatine. There are so many Right Reasons to be on TB. I sometimes forget that one or maybe two are looking for a life partner.

Interesting side note about Mackenzie, Kbilly. I got the feeling the timeline was sort of goofy when she talked about having a "kid" and there was a bit more to the story.

Someone mentioned they thought Ashley S had e-cigs and maybe something special in there. I too noticed the strange tube in her hand, but I figured it was a slim glasses case or a pen case that she was keeping her nutty pills in. She's a strange lady. I've always watched the Bachelor while doing other activities (yay grad school), at least for the first few episodes. This was the first time I sat and paid attention to such an early season episode and good heavens it was pretty depressing and I wound up feeling really icky. I felt like the editors don't care (duh) one whit about the impact of what they show on the women, particularly non-date things (such as the twerking). I obviously knew this in my head from years of reality TV watching, but somehow in really paying attention to what was going on I was left feeling so terrible for the embarassment the editors are so willing to let these women experience. I say anything happening while interacting with The Bachelor is fair game, but I feel a bit more uncomfortable in non-Bachelor embarassments being aired (particularly things that might impact job prospects, such as drunkenly twerking, as opposed to just regular funny silliness). Having a conscience while watching this show is not good for my self-esteem :|

• Love 2

I actually had no problem with MacKenzie's nose comment, or her asking if he believed in aliens, but I did have a problem with how she said both. The alien question would have sounded more more intelligent as "Do you think there's life on other planets?" Unless she really means, "Do you think aliens are here on earth abducting people and anally probing them?" Which is more likely, come to think of it.

The nose comment, she could easily say she liked men with strong profiles, or something to that effect.

She's cute, but so very young. She sounded like a 12-year-old compared to Chris.

Like another poster said, I didn't see any paintballs flying during the zombie shoot.

I rewatched, and there were pellets of some kind being shot out of the guns. Maybe not paint? A couple of times the light caught them as they flew through the air.

I was left feeling so terrible for the embarassment the editors are so willing to let these women experience. I say anything happening while interacting with The Bachelor is fair game, but I feel a bit more uncomfortable in non-Bachelor embarassments being aired

Yeah, I don't know if this season is particularly filled with silly women, or there's nothing else to show, or what, because usually the conceit is the women are all pretty much quality women (except for a designated mean girl the rest don't like), who sit around talking about the bachelor and nothing else. This season is filled with silly drunks saying dumb things and acting ridiculous. I had the same thought about someone's future career. Not good, being on national TV acting like that. It'll last forever, I guess they just get used to the cameras, and have no idea their drunken antics even has a chance of actually being broadcast on millions of TVs across the country. Usually they don't, if they don't directly involve the bachelor. The producers are getting more scummy exploiting them, or they really are a particularly silly bunch.

ETA: On rewatch, I actually watched the scene of the women breaking into Chris's house. Wow, that was not cool. Going through his personal things? So tacky and childish. It really does seem Chris got a lot of low IQ, low maturity candidates. I expect most of them will be culled, but it seems to be more than usual.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 2

I'm a controller... controller and bookkeeper are not the same profession.  At all.

I work in accounting as well, and I am well aware that those two jobs are not the same. I ended up using both terms because 1) Ashley is listed as working as a controller, so I wanted to be accurate towards that fact, and 2) most people don't know what "controller" means or entails, so I decided to use the more general and far better known term "bookkeeper" when I made the offhanded remark about an accounting professional having a few screws loose. The point being you don't expect someone seemingly so straight laced to act in such a manner.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 3

Onion girl's Mesa Verde ... that's a national park in Colorado known for its extensive Pueblo cave dwellings. It's very famous,although there is nothing supernatural about it, like the supposed mystical powers one can experience in Sedona, Ariz.

I visited there once, it was so beautiful. Which is why I was thinking she had to mean something else (like the name of the attraction). But on rewatch, I think the empty shells of buildings reminded her of the actual Mesa Verde park. Why she'd have to keep saying it like it was an equivalent of "Make my day," though...for that I have no explanation.
ETA: On rewatch, I actually watched the scene of the women breaking into Chris's house. Wow, that was not cool. Going through his personal things? So tacky and childish. It really does seem Chris got a lot of low IQ, low maturity candidates. I expect most of them will be culled, but it seems to be more than usual.

I think the "break-in"  was likely encouraged by the producers, given that it was filmed.  Chris H made a point of telling the women how close The Bach was, I think they were looking forward to some late-night hanky-panky of the sort that they have had the last two seasons.  Sneaking in when Chris was on a date is only the first step.  They'll be encouraged to sneak in when he's sleeping pretty soon.  

I am always amazed by the group mentality that goes on with this show.  Most of these women, in their real lives would not act the same way.  If I guy you just met, and kind of liked, were at a party, and you witnessed him making out with someone else - wouldn't most women just MOVE ON?   But there's nobody to move on TO, so  they all have to compete for one man's attention.  They all buy the premise that he is their prince charming.  In reality, most of them wouldn't give a "farmer from iowa who is looking for a wife"  a chance if someone tried to set them up.   

• Love 1

This link shows the requirements of persons applying for The Bachelor.  Please take note of item #9 and #14

http://thebachelor.warnerbros.com/casting/

A major TV network like ABC is not going to cast a person with documented mental medical issues on this show. 

You've just described a background check. This has nothing to do with psychological testing.

If ABC does not cast those who are mentally ill or have a substance abuse problem, how does one explain some of the contestants over the past ten years? The guy who was the "demon hunter" is a great example, and I can name several more who did not appear to have both oars in the water.

They'll be encouraged to sneak in when he's sleeping pretty soon.

Chris H. told them all to take advantage of their time with Chris, and to MAKE time with him whenever they had the chance. He all but said outright: Get thee to his bedroom. We'll be filming, of course. The show is looking for more women slipping out to steal Chris from in between his bed sheets to hot tub naked. Or whatever.

This is a really sleazy season so far, but I expect nothing less from this show. It has to top itself every season. I really don't mind Chris kissing everyone right away though. Wasn't it Sean who couldn't think of anything to say so macked on everyone?

• Love 1

I don't think we need to jump to the conclusion that Ashley has psychological problems or a hard-core drug habit.  Her behavior can certainly be explained by simply being very, very shit-faced.  According to TMZ, she admits she has a drinking problem.  I don't think there's anymore to it than that.

I'm not sure of the appeal of a "virgin" to a 33 year old.  But it's been a long time since I've been there, so I'm not entirely sure that "virgin" means the same thing as it did when I was in my 20's.

As far as Mackenzie goes, I think there's a big difference between being, say, a 28-year-old with an 8-year-old child whom she had when she was 20, and being a 21-year-old who gave birth last year.  Giving birth at 20 is, imo, not the best life-plan.  And she's hardly had enough time since that screw-up to get her life in order and get her head screwed on straight.

I think the "break-in"  was likely encouraged by the producers, given that it was filmed.

And the motorcycle was inside.  Given that it's Southern California, in apparently very nice weather, in a house with several car-ports, and which is essentially a secured TV set, that didn't make much sense to me.

• Love 2

Her behavior can certainly be explained by simply being very, very shit-faced.  According to TMZ, she admits she has a drinking problem.  I don't think there's anymore to it than that.

I don't have an answer or theory about Ashley S. (could be faking it, could be imbalanced, who knows), but that's not what shit-faced looks like. I know everyone is drunk in their own special way, but I've never seen that particular one. My baby Jordan--now that is drunk!

• Love 3

You've just described a background check. This has nothing to do with psychological testing.

Within #9

personal characteristics/habits (both physical and mental); medical treatment/history (both physical and mental);

To me, this says enough.  But I'm finished with this particular topic [snip].

Edited by Rhondinella

That was Flapjack.

Thanks chocolatine. While I disliked Sean intensely, I had put Flapjack totally out of my memory. Chris is a breath of fresh air compared to those two.

Yeah, I wondered about the Harley being inside. But then again, I've seen others bring their bikes inside. Can't leave Baby out in the weather/dust/sun/dark. Bike owners are usually obsessive about polishing the chrome with soft rags at every opportunity. And I mean that literally, even if it does sound sleazy!

I was thinking about that girl who got the boot twice. It takes a special ego on night one to ask for a second chance and then be a wallflower once brought back. It was desperate and I think that's why she didn't make it past round two. I think Farmer Chris was looking for an out when host Chris threw out "no rules".

The tractor race sucked. As did the pool party. When Chris did that slow walk mimicking old people crossing the street (or similar) it occurred to me he isn't very funny. And the "joke" lasted too long and I think he thought it was hilarious. Not because the joke was poor taste or anything, it was just going for the obvious in a non funny or witty way. Like I imagine lame ass Sean probably pissed himself laughing at that hitting his bulky thighs yelling "oh good gracious, that is great! Epic, Catherine!"

I love this show for scenes of that girl walking straight through the line of zombies.

Objectively I get the physical love for Britt (points for her, that's the only name I know) here, but as a hetero girl I guess she isn't my type or something. I find the one he gave the rose to on zombie date really attractive. I've asked my guy to watch with me next week so I wil keep my mouth shut and hear who va va vooms over.

So far at least I feel the same about Chris. Like I know he has the makings of hot, but something is missing for me.

The rubbing of the belly ring all but gagged me. Not from a prudish descent, but it just got my gag reflex. I wish Chris had said "that's fucking weird"

But I'm in. And unspoiled at present which is new and kind of fun.

• Love 5

I don't have an answer or theory about Ashley S. (could be faking it, could be imbalanced, who knows), but that's not what shit-faced looks like. I know everyone is drunk in their own special way, but I've never seen that particular one. My baby Jordan--now that is drunk!

I think that Ashley  was glassy eyed, which I associate with being spaced out, and not on alcohol per se.    She may have an alcohol problem, she's mixing that alcohol with something she shouldn't in all likelihood.

Yes, shit faced is Jordan.    Wasn't she the most adorable snarly haired, shit faced drunk ever?  

Kale's mama said she hasn't dated in like forevah. Like almost like a whole year. Like bunches of months. Like, For. Ev. Ah. I feel like I'm listening to a 14 year old. Please deflower her soon. And by that I mean no rose, but due to her fascination with virgin status, wording it that way seemed appropriate.

The parading of the cattle (b'ette's) through the auction yard (streets of LA) while in bikinis pissed me off. I usually groan & roll my eyes at the antics on this show, but I found this truly disgusting.

Onion girl is either hysterical & having a great time or disturbed. I'm not sure but I can't help but be entertained. Give the rose to an angel. I'm surprised one of the girls didn't yell, "Me. I'm an angel. I'm a gift from heaven above sent for Chris." Except that's a lot of words for this crew without including super or great. So they'd probably be more like Tony the Tiger & just yell "Me. I'm great!"

My mom has never watched this show & was here while we did. She refused to believe it's not mainly scripted with actual lines because she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that people were willing to be on this show. Let alone how ridiculous & stupid they were willing to appear. Watching Chris open mouth slobber with multiple girls one after the other gave her the willies. She said that if he really wanted to be with that many women he should just go into the porn business. Ha! Gotta love Mom.

Edited by ramble
  • Love 3
The parading of the cattle (b'ette's) through the auction yard (streets of LA) while in bikinis pissed me off. I usually groan & roll my eyes at the antics on this show, but I found this truly disgusting.

I agree.  One dressed man walking down the street with a group of women in bikinis and shoes or boots is just WRONG.   It's like a pimp parading his hookers down the street. 

• Love 7

If ABC does not cast those who are mentally ill or have a substance abuse problem, how does one explain some of the contestants over the past ten years? The guy who was the "demon hunter" is a great example, and I can name several more who did not appear to have both oars in the water.

Constantine was on this show? How did I miss that? No, seriously, I want to know what this was about...

I agree.  One dressed man walking down the street with a group of women in bikinis and shoes or boots is just WRONG.   It's like a pimp parading his hookers down the street.

I have a swimsuit cover-up I always throw on when I leave poolside for any length of time. They either didn't pack them, or were encouraged not to wear them. I hated that entire segment, it was ridiculous and humiliating for the women.

I think the "break-in"  was likely encouraged by the producers, given that it was filmed.

Yeah, I know, but you'd think at least one of them would question whether it was the right thing to be doing. Maybe the other women at the house did just that and decided against it.

If the previews from last week hold true, the fact his house is "right there!" won't matter because the over-the-line behavior happens on a group date, which is kind of funny, considering how Chris H. was pushing them to take advantage of his nearness. (Which I really hated. Since when has it been a case of "no rules"? That's new this season. Is it because they predicted Chris would be kind of dull, or the women would need permission or incentive to do something intereting?)

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 1

This is actually what I focused on with my weekly Bachelor blog post this week...I think this show has created a really unfair "get out jail free" card with sob stories...Chris has to keep the girl around or he looks like an ass, even though he might have no connection with them.

If they want to cast me as the next Bachelor, I would be happy to boot anyone who tells me a sob story on our first date. It is incredibly inappropriate to reveal such drama when you know little more than your date's name. If you can't get through one date without trying to depress us both then why would I date you?

I was thinking about that girl who got the boot twice. It takes a special ego on night one to ask for a second chance and then be a wallflower once brought back. It was desperate and I think that's why she didn't make it past round two. I think Farmer Chris was looking for an out when host Chris threw out "no rules".

The more I think about it, the more I feel this had to be a fake scenario. No rational person would have begged for a second chance with someone who just ranked 20+ ahead of them. That's just dumb, and it had to be a producer-driven plotline...especially the way it was used as a tease at the end of the first episode.

• Love 3

Kale's mama said she hasn't dated in like forevah. Like almost like a whole year. Like bunches of months. Like, For. Ev. Ah. I feel like I'm listening to a 14 year old.

I do too and 21 is just not supposed to sound like 14. I had an apartment on my own at 18, was married by 19, had a baby by twenty and it never occurred to me to ask my parents, who lived in another state, to raise my child for me while I went on fun TV adventures. Mackensie needs to just grow up. There are women her age who are serving in the military.

If they want to cast me as the next Bachelor, I would be happy to boot anyone who tells me a sob story on our first date.

Yes, and telling the whole world that your child's father killed himself is definitely not something we all needed to know.

No rational person would have begged for a second chance with someone who just ranked 20+ ahead of them.

True, but what rational person would even go on this show where they have to place themselves in competition with 29 other beautiful girls? I've always maintained that they have to be mighty darn vain to even consider it. I expect that one thought Chris just must not have got a good enough look at her, because otherwise he would have pushed all the other ones back in the limos.
  • Love 5

True, but what rational person would even go on this show where they have to place themselves in competition with 29 other beautiful girls? I've always maintained that they have to be mighty darn vain to even consider it. I expect that one thought Chris just must not have got a good enough look at her, because otherwise he would have pushed all the other ones back in the limos.

I think at this point in reality TVs history, you no longer have to be a delusional narcissist to be a contestant.  These women have grown up with this.  This whole thing, real or not, is normalized in a way I probably don't understand.  This is not to say that all young women would sign up or that Kids These Days are all narcissists.  I figure there's a kind of generational window of baffled viewers watching lunatics.  I'm not sure the same disparity exists.  It makes me wonder just what is Ashley's particular brand of crazy, if, of course, she's not a plant, as I also wonder who would put themselves through the (further) humiliation of begging a stranger not to reject you on national TV .   

• Love 4

This whole thing, real or not, is normalized in a way I probably don't understand.

Thanks for helping me understand, Runforcover. Not only have they been told they are beautiful all their lives, while my parents were busy telling me to stand up straight and get my hair out of my eyes, but, probably what's more important, and to your point, they've seen Vienna win.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 7

These women have grown up with this.  This whole thing, real or not, is normalized in a way I probably don't understand.

Me neither. It hadn't even occurred to me that they've watched this since childhood until one of them said something along those lines, that she's watched this since high school or something. Made my 47-year old stomach churn. WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO OUR CHILDREN? (I say that hypothetically, being childfree myself.)

Back to Kimberly the delusional yoga teacher: It's possible she was prodded by producers to keep hanging around. How sad, if that was the case, to be pushed into that, because it was pretty humiliating to be kicked to the curb two weeks in a row. OTOH, she may have decided to do it herself (and the producers figured, hey, interesting new twist, let's let her do it) ... Stay with me and all you yoginis, don't get pissed, I'm one of you (more or less; I can't do crow pose but I can rock a headstand): Yoga is all about self-actualization, and full of affirmation. "You can do it! You can be your best self! You have it in you!" etc etc. Very positive thinking all the time, which is basically a good thing, right?

Until you decide that you CAN make the bachelor choose you -- "You have the power within you!" -- but, errrm, nah, he's not so much interested. Thx bye.

they've seen Vienna win.

Ooof. That. Right there. There ya go. What have we done?

Edited by TiaLou
  • Love 2

Thanks for helping me understand, Runforcover. Not only have they been told they are beautiful all their lives, while my parents were busy telling me to stand up straight and get my hair out of my eyes, but, probably what's more important, and to your point, they've seen Vienna win.

Haha!  Yes, my mother told me that my feelings weren't real, to put a smile on my face -

BUT, I NEVER saw Vienna win!

• Love 1

Since when has it been a case of "no rules"? That's new this season.

They kind of started this a little on Andi's season.  1) They allowed Nick to "sneak out" and go to her hotel room and get 1:1 time with her outside of a planned date.  2) Andi wanted to cut more people at a RC than was supposedly planned so they allowed her to, saying "it's your choice".  Maybe they got a positive viewer response from these type of scenarios so they are trying to do more "no rules".