Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

From TV Guide:

Episode Synopsis: Chris takes six lucky ladies on the first group date. They attend a rooftop pool party and a tractor race on the streets of Los Angeles. Later, Chris takes a bachelorette on the first one-on-one date with a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. Next, eleven ladies join Chris for a crazy paintball shootout with zombies. At the rose ceremony, four women are sent home.

Topic will open at 10 PM Eastern on Jan 12.

Many scary things tonight:

1. The zombies.

2. Pomegranate Ashley definitely either on something or, conversely, off her meds.

3. Virgin Ashley trying WAY too hard to "prove she's a good time"--and granting belly button wishes.

4. Drunken Jordan trying even harder with her lipstick and striking out. 

5. Kale's mom rambling about aliens and still getting a rose (I presume only because she mentioned her son and Chris didn't want to be a cad).

6. Whatever was going on in the bikini bottom area of that one girl who snuck over to Chris's place that she needed to be blocked out from ALL angles--including the front!

7. Britt already possessive about "her boyfriend."

8. Upside-down, drunken bathroom twerking that I thought for sure would end in a concussion and/or stitches!

9. A double whammy of not only mishearing her name, but falling over the carpet.

10. Keeping pomegranate Ashley?! Whaaaat?!

The good:

1. His 1:1 date went well and whatever her name is seems nice, although I've already lost track of her in the crowd.

Um, that was a short list!

• Love 6

No worries Rhondinella, you are a warrior!

So.....Chris was very tolerant & kind to the stupid children/contestants he's been forced to entertain thus far.  He'll be a good dad.

Ashley I. and her "magic belly button ring" was just ridiculous.  Even more immature than Mackenzie.  

Mackenzie is a very cute girl, but you can really tell she's only 21.  Her immaturity is painfully obvious, and I think Chris saw that. I have to wonder if he even knew she was so young?  She looked bad with her ironed hair.

Kaitlyn is trying WAY too hard.  She's not as funny as she thinks she is, and she's coming off as desperate for attention.

I'm liking Becca a lot.  She's very composed and seems natural & gracious.  Not snotty.  

Whitney, in some shots, looked a lot like Bachelorette Emily to me.  Especially when she & Jillian were sitting on the couch talking about Makenzie's date with Chris.  But her hair looked SO BAD at the rose ceremony!  And her voice in front of the fireplace was particularly horrible.

Onion Ashley is just looking for her 15 minutes of fame. I absolutely believe the producers made him keep her.  Fake, over the top and completely an act.  She's not nuts, she was playing a character. That's the only reason they wasted so much time on her. Kaitlyn's talking head that explained it wasn't an act was another waste of time.  WE don't buy it!

Kelsey gives me a young Jennifer Beals vibe.  I hope we see more of her.

Did the producers lay in a huge stock of ugly, dark shocking pink lipstick that they all had to wear?

• Love 1

Wow, lots of crazy this week. I like Chris a lot, but was pretty turned off by how many different girls he kissed tonight. Does he even know all of their names yet?  Anyway, I did feel bad for Tara and Kimberly but I think getting overly drunk turns him off (Tara and Jordan, who made Tara look like a sober debutante). Whitney's voice wasn't as bad tonight, maybe I am just used to it now or maybe it just gets really high when she's nervous. I thought her red dress was pretty and classy and her little whiskey moment was cute. I also like Britt, and some of the quieter ones who barely got any attention seem nice. 

I found both Megan and Mackenzie painful to listen to, with all of their "likes." Mackenzie just seems terribly young to me, even though she has a child. If I were Chris, I would find her cute and sweet in a little sister type of way, but since he made out with her I guess he thinks otherwise. I really can't stand Kaitlyn, I just find her to be loud and obnoxious but I guess she was a little more tolerable this week. I think her resemblance to Hannah Montana (it's the mouth) is what bugs me. 

• Love 4

Wow quite a bunch Chris has there - there are the ones wasted all day every day, the wackjobs, the idiots (sorry Megan seems sweet but between the continued bashing her head against a wall and not realizing the card was a date card for her one on one, not too bright there). Honestly, the best part of this mess was following the tweets online. As for Chris, umm for the guy so serious about finding a wife, I'm not really seeing much deep conversation here but there's sure a whole lot of making out.

That makeout with Ashley I. was awkward as fuck and kind of disrespectful, I thought, to the other women (although Britt's tears were a little annoying). Yes, they're all dating the same guy but WTF with practically falling over, her legs practically wrapped around in full possible view of others since it's the cocktail party. Makes me think he definitely pulled a Juan Pablo and hooked up with one of the women on a group date while the others are around. 

Also, someone give poor Tara a hug, although I was a little confused as to why she was so upset considering I saw very little connection between her and Chris. Poor, poor Kimberley - dumped twice. Should have just left the first time. Now she has the lovely distinction of being dumped twice on The Bachelor.

eta: Ashley S. is totally a producer pick at this point. It's not even subtle. MacKenzie's obsession with Ashley I.'s virginity was quite disturbing.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

These women are funny! I love Jordan telling us all about Jillian's hairy hiney, and Jillian's great recovery after hearing the wrong name and falling down. The one I don't really find that funny is Kaitlyn who tries so hard to be.

This is going to be one of those seasons where the bachelor's taste is so far from mine that I'm constantly surprised at his choices. Beavis and Megan? Although Megan seemed nice, I didn't think she stood out from the crowd and Mackenzie is so little sisterish. It's like Jake's season, I still can't figure out what he saw in Vienna.

Britt seems to be making a short documentary on "How to Win The Bachelor!" Start with a 20 second hug! Make every moment count! Don't complain about the other girls, say you aren't worried. Be warm and trusting. Make eye contact. Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!

• Love 8

An act or not, Ashley S, is the best thing to happen to this show ever. I love her and I am glad we have one more week of her.

That said, if there ever was proof of producer manipulation and the staged nature of this show, Chris giving Ashley S a rose was it. 

I really can't stand Kaitlyn, I just find her to be loud and obnoxious but I guess she was a little more tolerable this week. I think her resemblance to Hannah Montana (it's the mouth) is what bugs me.

Kaitlyn has plummeted back into the depths for me, after a slight rise from watching a deleted scene from episode 1. And now that you mention it, I do see the Miley Cyrus resemblance. I was thinking more along the lines of Soleil Moon Frye, TV's Punky Brewster. 

And Tara is just a pathetic mess, isn't she? All I can say is, she might have fared better had she put as much effort into her relationship with Mr Soules, as she did with Mr Daniels and Mr Beam.

Same goes for Jordan. 

• Love 7

Onion Ashley is just looking for her 15 minutes of fame. I absolutely believe the producers made him keep her.

I used to downplay all the producer talk but then I heard Jason Mesnick break it down very clearly on his podcast. TB only likes a handful of girls and doesn't really care who else is around. The producers want him to fill the other spots with their picks (the crazy ones). So yeah, he gives roses to the ones he wants to get to know better, and the ones the producers have deemed good TV.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 3
Mackenzie just seems terribly young to me, even though she has a child. If I were Chris, I would find her cute and sweet in a little sister type of way, but since he made out with her I guess he thinks otherwise.

I think that may have been more an example of not wanting to look bad by sending home the contestants who "opened up" about their deep, dark secret.  I suspect she'll be gone soon, though.  (btw, I hate to have that "get off my lawn" vibe, but I find leaving a one-year-old at home for The Bachelor pretty appalling).

As for Chris, umm for the guy so serious about finding a wife, I'm not really seeing much deep conversation here but there's sure a whole lot of making out.

I actually like Chris, and liked him a lot during Andi's season.  But I was always pretty sure he'd prove himself to be horn-dog if they gave him his own Season.  Sort of like the old saying that some guys are only as faithful as their options.

• Love 4

So is Chris going to snatch Bachelor Blob's malewhore crown? 

I can't believe he gave Mackenzie a rose and made out with her. They have the anti-chemistry.

The zombie date was fun.

Ashley S is on another level of crazy. I love her!

I died when Chris gave Britt that card. How selfless of him.

That make out with Kim Kardashian Lite. Y-I-K-E-S!

I felt awful for Tara, she seems so sweet. Hopefully she'll get some therapy and be okay.

People bag on Juan Pablo but Chris is acting just as sleazy. At least Juan was honest about it. Chris is so gross. I wish it would've been Arie this season. I'm sure he would've been sleazy too but the bag of crazies he would've brought would've been EPIC.

• Love 9

Tonight's episode was OTT stupid, it's like the show is parodying itself.

Ironic that Ashley I. likens herself more as a Kardashian type, yet she's a virgin. But I get what she meant. I think.

Some of these girls (hard to call them women) go beyond happy-hour drunk, it's more like brain injured or on hard-core drugs. Or selling their dignity to act a ridiculous part.

Is this what typical 20-something behavior is nowadays...?

I would've thought whiskey-loving sport fishing enthusiast Tara had more appeal or things in common with Chris than some who got to stay. She came across as a mess, but I found her far less annoying than many others.

Edited by KR Vermont
  • Love 6
I used to downplay all the producer talk

Just tonight they allowed an eliminated 'ette to get back in (which pretty much defeats the purpose of the Rose Ceremony); and

Chris Harrison encouraged the women to "sneak off" to Chris' place.  Just a season or two ago that sort of thing was "oh-no-she-di'int"/shocking/unfair to everyone else/yadayadayada.

At this point, Harrison is basically like Kramer encouraging George to bring the squirrel onto the Merv Griffin set.

• Love 11

Is it weird that during the zombie date I was worried paint might get into Britt's magnificent hair?  I don't ever like the ombre look, but for some reason it works on her.  She is so good looking that it's bordering on ridiculous.

The sob stories this year are so brutal.  Ouch.

I wish they would have shown us that they made Kimberly sleep on the floor or the couch, since she technically wasn't supposed to be there that first night and shouldn't have had a bed.

I don't think "crazy" Ashley was putting on an act at all, I think she takes some kind of hallucinogen that is possibly mixed with gulps of alcohol wherever she can get them (like in the limo ride to the zombie date).  I once met an acquaintance after work - she and I both worked in the same building, hit it off one day, and decided to go have dinner...when she showed up she acted a lot like Ashley has so far, speaking in the same fragmented, nonsensical, distracted manner, focusing on objects that would catch her attention and make her think she was having religious visions, or maybe just seeing onions where there were only pomegranates ...there's really no rhyme or reason to these things.  She finally admitted that she has a problem with pills and alcohol, that she had downed 2 bottles of wine in the parking lot before our dinner, and some pills but she wasn't sure which ones.  I was beyond horrified and could not believe this was the same woman I would see at work, who seemed to have her shit together pretty tightly.  She wanted to drive home, and assured me she did it all the time, but I was freaking out and made her take a taxi.  I called her all night to make sure she didn't die from an overdose, but she never answered, and the next morning I was terrified to go to work and find she wasn't there because I knew that meant she was dead or dying, and I didn't even know where she lived to direct medical attention.  But, she was not only at work, she seemed perfectly fine.  She apologized for scaring me, said matter-of-factly that she has no friends because her alcoholism is so bad, and basically gave me permission to run away.  It's very sad, but I see all the same things in Ashley, and if the producers think it's funny to keep her around just because she is nuts when she's high, they are wrong.  I'm all in for the crazy, but this is substance abuse, not comedy.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 19

Just tonight they allowed an eliminated 'ette to get back in (which pretty much defeats the purpose of the Rose Ceremony); and

Chris Harrison encouraged the women to "sneak off" to Chris' place.  Just a season or two ago that sort of thing was "oh-no-she-di'int"/shocking/unfair to everyone else/yadayadayada.

The show is devolving into chaos! There are no rules! ha

The group date was several shades of weird, we didn't see much interaction beyond his private time with Ashley I. and her lashes and then whisking Mackenzie off for an impromptu one-on-one (wtf casting a 21-year-old with a child for a 33-year-old, notwithstanding his evasion of her "is your farm organic" query last week).

• Love 4

I wondered why Chris didn't give Kimberly a rose. She is very pretty and seemed nice, and he barely knows the other girls, so it just struck me as odd. If they had some kind of bad conversation, I didn't hear it. I can't believe MacKenzie would leave a 1 year old to come on this show. At that age, a baby is still bonding with his/her parent. And that doesn't mean I don't think a mom shouldn't have a life, but there is a difference between going out for a night with a friend and leaving your baby for weeks.

Megan seemed kind of off to me. She was talking about her dad dying and her immediately coming on the show and a minute later she was giggling. It just seemed liked a weird reaction. If a family member dies suddenly, you really need time to grieve.  I loved the zombie date but Ashley was pretty scary and there is no way Chris would want to keep her. 

At this point I only like Britt, the girl with short dark hair and that's about it. I haven't seen enough of some of the girls. And what was with the first group date? Why didn't he get to talk to each of the girls before handing out the rose? They drove a tractor and that was it for the date? They used to have dinner or at least an evening event of some kind. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 2

At this point, Harrison is basically like Kramer encouraging George to bring the squirrel onto the Merv Griffin set.

Yay- A Seinfeld reference!  Here's another: The only thought that crossed my mind when the ladies were riding the tractors in their bathing suits was if they'd get gonorrhea.  

• Love 11

Whose idea was it for the first group date participants to walk around LA in their bikinis? Ugh.

There are 10,000 reasons why I'd never be on this show, but now I can add my probable very bad reaction to the paint ball-zombie date. I would've been so-not-gracious in that scenario.

I haven't watched regularly in a while -- is it my bad memory or is this season full of especially stupid (alien-believing Mackenzie/makeup artist-helmet wearing Megan) women? (And I concur with those who've said WTF to leaving a ONE YEAR OLD for this stupid show?)

AND, I haven't a clue if Ashley S is putting on an act or not, but the producers are beyond cruel. Mental illness shouldn't be a gag.

• Love 11

Girls in bikinis driving tractors didn't make me say ew like Jillian straddling Chris's motorcycle rental while thonged, though it looked like the black box was an exaggeration and played on the hairy crack account from drunk Jordan.

Don't they all go through a psych eval before being cast. Just sayin'.

• Love 1

I love that Amber's first move after kissing Chris was boasting about it to Jordan...the perfect choice for optimal shit disturbing! I also love that Virgin Ashley put her arm around Jillian after the ceremonial stumble of indignity. Yes, her makeout was anything but discreet, but she has a sexy look and seems the most fun of all of the women.

Trina looks about 10 years older than everyone else on this show.

I found it suspicious that Prince Farming's date card handwriting looked remarkably similar to the handwriting of previous Bachelors.

I want Kimberly to ask for a third chance. I also want an IQ test/competition (or at least a spelling bee) between Mackenzie and Megan. I did enjoy the subtle irony of giving the "Natural Wonder" date card to Megan and her unnatural silicon wonders.

Edited by Superpole2000
  • Love 3

I thought that two out of the three dates tonight seemed like a lot of fun (No to wearing a bikini whilst riding a tractor in LA, but hey, I'm funny that way.) Is it just me or did we see more goofy house stuff than we usually do (the twerking, the house-snooping), the stuff that usually is tacked on at the end? I hope that continues. Chris does seem to be kissing on a lot of girls earlier than some others, but I'm sort of over being grossed out by it. The conceit of the show is that he's dating 30 women. He's there, he's supposedly dating all these ladies, is he supposed to not kiss the women he's dating? Until it does start to get really gross, like Ben Flajnik gross. I guess what I'm saying is that The Bachelor has deflated, squashed, ground down my standards and expectations, and Ben Flajnik is my new low-bar.

Wow quite a bunch Chris has there - there are the ones wasted all day every day, the wackjobs, the idiots (sorry Megan seems sweet but between the continued bashing her head against a wall and not realizing the card was a date card for her one on one, not too bright there).

Truly, a brain trust such as this has never been assembled in the history of Bachelor Nation. I feel like even by the second episode at least a couple of contestants have distinguished themselves as having had a few fleeting intelligent thoughts. But this group? Should be a fun season!

An act or not, Ashley S, is the best thing to happen to this show ever. I love her and I am glad we have one more week of her.

That said, if there ever was proof of producer manipulation and the staged nature of this show, Chris giving Ashley S a rose was it. 

I really, really hope Ashley S. is putting on an act. Otherwise I'll feel terrible about enjoying her antics so much: stumbling into Chris's TH, hoping an angel gets the rose, wanting to paintball the other girls, walking calmly amongst the zombies. She reminds me so much of Cecily Strong's SNL WU character, "Girl You Wish You Hadn't Started a Conversation with at a Party."

Yay- A Seinfeld reference!  Here's another: The only thought that crossed my mind when the ladies were riding the tractors in their bathing suits was if they'd get gonorrhea.  

"That's the tractor story?!" was all I could think about during that ridiculous date! Its important that Chris be supportive of any of the girls who might get gonorrhea from riding a tractor in her bikini. Hope there are no toe-thumbs in the bunch.

I found it suspicious that Prince Farming's date card handwriting looked remarkably similar to the handwriting of previous Bachelors.

Ok, I have been OBSESSED with the handwriting on the date cards for many, many seasons. It's always that same high-school-girlish block printing. Who writes it? Or is it some secret font? Why can't the lead just write it him or herself? I want answers! It sort of goes along with another pet Bachelor peeve of mine that Chris violated tonight: why pretend that you planned these elaborate dates as he told the 1-on-1 tonight that he had planned the (admittedly cool) Grand Canyon date. Just say "there's a really awesome day planned out for us. I'm really excited." Why the charade? Everybody knows that Chris didn't haul out his copy of 36 Hours USA & Canada so why insult anyone's intelligence (whatever that might be) pretending he did?

Edited by Miss Kubelik
  • Love 7

It's definitely the same person each season (Bachelor or Bachelorette), probably one of the female producers. (Megan Firestone? Not sure if there are any others these days.) The lead isn't involved in planning the dates, from writing the date card to choosing who goes on the date.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 1

World News Now just chose to do a quick 'story' about Ashley S's behavior tonight.  They always do this as a sort of advertisement for the show, but this week the reporters were having a hard time holding back the eye rolling as T. J. Holmes said aloud that of course she was kept around because the crazy makes good TV, and the producers had to know she was going to act that way.  Reena Ninan responded by looking straight into the camera and with an exaggerated wide eyed stare assured all that she was positive that Ashley's antics were a complete surprise to everyone.  She even managed to not wink.

It seems no one takes this 'search for love' stuff all that seriously any more.

And finally, the very very special gift Chris gave that one girl, it was so touching!! So thoughtful!! She gets to kiss him!! Be still my heart, so romantic. Sigh.

Oh! I actually remember something relevant! On the first night Britt gave him a note that said "Free hug from Britt," so that's why Chris gave Britt the note for a free kiss. But, aside from that, I have a difficult time keeping track of who's who. Thank goodness for this board! Without it, I wouldn't have realized that dumb and dumber sneaking over to Chris's place we're hairy butt crack Jillian (hence the black box), and the flighty head crasher was the same girl from the one on one. The date with her was the only thing on my Good list for the night (despite the "My dad died 3 days ago, let's kiss!). But now knowing that's the same stupid girl--who also didn't understand how date cards work--I think that needs to be moved to my Scary list.

• Love 3

I think they even put a black bar over Jillian's butt when she was wearing jeans.  My guess is that when she wanted everyone to pay attention to her butt, having the world be told she should take a weed wacker to her ass crack and then having the editors get in on the fun by blocking out her nether-regions wasn't what she had in mind.

It's possible that I've just lowered my standards, too, but so far I'm not having a problem with Chris kissing so many women.  Maybe it's because he doesn't give them all the tongue.  I think he slipped it to Britt tonight, and virgin Ashley may have forcibly dragged his tongue out, but otherwise he has been practically chaste compared to previous Bachelors' kissing techniques.

• Love 5

Yes, ITA with Irritable that Ashley Virgin was the aggressor in that clinch. It's fine to see a girl who's waiting for Mr. Right to have sex, I just wish she didn't feel the need to bend over backwards (literally) to prove that even though she's a virgin she's really, really hot! Those eyelashes need to go, too.

Y'all, I don't know how to tell you this, and I'm really nervous right now, this is really, really stressful, but I feel like I have to be honest. [Deep breath] Okay, okay. It's OK I can do this. Y'all it's hard to say this but . . . .I have a day job.

I never understand the, "I have a child," thing told as a horrible secret. Maybe the men won't think of your child as baggage if you quit acting like he is! How is Beavis Jr. going to feel when he looks at Mom's fifteen minutes of fame on YouTube some day and discovers all those "nerves"" over his existence. That little one is probably the best thing she has going for her.

OTOH, I never quite get the required follow up response which seems to be some variation of what Chris said, "Oh, I admire you so much for that. You are such a strong, brave woman! It says so much about you as a person!" Really? I don't judge anybody for getting pregnant at 19, I did countless dumb things at that age myself, but then no one particularly admired me for them. I think a better response might be a hug and a, "That must have been a really, hard time for you." I always wonder about the message Chris's speech gives to our young girls. We tell them to be responsible and use birth control but then they see people on TV who clearly didn't do that praised to the skies.

Same sort of thing with Megan. She tells Chris that her father died just as she was preparing to go on the show and she was worried about her mother being alone at this time... but she came anyway. Chris then interviews that "Megan has the biggest heart in the whole world."

Which leads me to my concern of the week (other than Ashley S.) Is it possible that Chris is going to be our dumbest bachelor ever? Or am I forgetting the competition?

• Love 18

I don't really get the Mackenzie bashing! She doesn't seem particularly dumb* to me, just so, so young. On her one-on-one time with Chris, she acted like a 21-year-old on a first date - excited and nervous. She bounced around a lot conversationally, but I thought it was adorable, if exhausting. Pointing out Chris's earring hole was cute, and the big nose thing was like something a lot of people say on a date about the other person's eyes or hands or whatever. Also there doesn't seem to me to be anything stupid about believing in aliens or life on other planets or whatever. I would rather date someone who does believe life exists elsewhere than someone who does not. I think she was treating the whole thing more like a real life first date than a date on The Bachelor, which generally involves more deep, involved topics necessary to prove that you are willing to "put yourself out there" and "open up" blah blah blah.

*The organic comment from last week was dumb, ok, I admit it, particularly given her son has the same name as a vegetable.

• Love 2

Trina is fifty. Whitney is 45.

The third member if Wilson Phillips (misspelled Julia?) was retained for the sob story factor.

Yes Ashley, you can shoot your team members. Shoot em all , let God sort out the rest.

Once you compare yourself in any way shape or form to a Kardashian, you need to be banished from TV. Actually, you should be banished from life and forced to live as a hermit in remote mountains.

Britt is auditioning for the B/ette. She can drop the overly exaggerated reactions to "shocking" events which result in blow up doll face anytime, but she's way pretty and can draw in some really. Hot guys.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 12

No, I don't think he'll be the dumbest. Wouldn't that be Jesse the football player? (Related question: Who has been the smartest? Brad? Serious question.)

Chris is no Mensa member but so far he's, ummm, OK under the circumstances. Little too quick to kiss but whatever. However many of the women who have received lots of air time at this point absolutely have rocks for brains. I'm hoping in the coming weeks they'll be culled out and slightly more intelligent women will stick around.

* What am I saying: they've chosen to be on this vile show. How intelligent can they be?

PS: Mackenzie not only named her child, born one year ago, KALE, she also revealed during the first conversation with Chris on the first night that she didn't know what alfalfa is.

PSS: I agree that this is Britt's audition season.

And one more thing: the ladies seem to be great buddies already. I haven't watched in a long time -- are they usually this chummy and sweet to each other?

Edited by TiaLou
  • Love 2

Wow, I don't know if I can make it through this season and I'm usually pretty resilient. I mostly watch this show for the snark, but stupid, stupidly drunk/on drugs does not funny make to me. I could feel my brain cells dying watching this episode. I swear there aren't more than 5 girls there with even an average IQ, let alone above average. I only like Becca so far and that could just be because we haven't heard her speak much.

Mackenzie sounds like a drunk teenager at all times. I can just about understand giving her the rose after all the kid talk, but making out with her? Just ewww. And yeah, she's a bad mom for leaving a 1-year-old to go on this horrid show.

Megan is dumb. Like dumber than Elise dumb. I wonder if they had any conversation on their date apart from the daddy story and "Oh wow, I can't believe I'm here". And cue making out session!

I actually like Kaitlyn a bit since at least she has something else to say other than "amazing". I'd rather have awkward and inappropriate than braindead.

Ashley S is on some kinds of drugs and I'm so over it.

Virgin Ashley is also dumb and embarrassing.

Jillian looks ROUGH without makeup. Good luck to any man waking up to that.

Britt didn't annoy me as much this ep, but I feel like she's just trying to hypnotise Chris with her looks. She looks pretty while crying though.

Whitney looks so old, but at least she seems somewhat sane.

Tara needs to get a grip. "Bohoo, I'm heartbroken over a guy I've known for 5 minutes and only 1 of those sober. Why am I never good enoughhh?" Because you're pathetic, that's why. 

Chris is certainly proving himself to the horndog I suspected he was. Any warm body will do! Barf. I like my men with some standards, but maybe that's just me. And if someone made me walk around town in a bikini and then drive a tractor in said bikini, I'd be out of there faster than you can say Prince Farming. Could this show be more sleazy?

• Love 9

I was a little surprised that Tara went before some of the others.  She was on good behavior this week, and it sounds like they had a decent interaction the previous week (before she got drunk).  Some of the girls seem a little overly made up and high maintenance for Chris--at the very least Tara seemed a better fit for this stage of the game.  Plus did he keep Jordan, who was drunk all of the time this week, over her?  

I hated how the one girl kept bashing his helmet on things--she is essentially making the helmet unsafe for use, and hopefully someone told him before he used that helmet again.  That was just really stupid, and even though her one on one date went okay I couldn't quite forget that she isn't the smartest person.

And Ashley S is definitely a producer plant because she is nuts!

• Love 2

So  CH had to make it patently obvious that Chris is ONLY 15 feet away!  Right at the end of the driveway!  The women will have to find and create time to be with him!  Hmmm, could they possibly be trying to generate more late-night skinny dips and unauthorized visits? 

Megan was so drunk when she visited Chris's pad and remmed her head into the wall in the helmet.  And WTH was the other one wearing that had to be blurred out? 

I have never seen Tandra and Jordan before tonight!  Or Samantha! 

Soooo many sob stories in one night!  I was wondering "why Megan?" for the one-on-one, and as soon as she went into the story about her dad, I knew why.  To give audience to her sob story.

Yawn.  Another helicopter trip.  Dime a dozen on this show!

I'm wondering what century Mackenzie is living in to think that a 33 year old man actually wants to deflower a virgin.  She's been listening to too many Harlequin Romance books on tapes (I seriously doubt her ability to read).  Chris may SAY that's fine for the cameras, but in reality, I really don't think men his age looking to find a sexually compatible mate, want to deal with that. 

• Love 7

Back in the early years of this show, I thought they were pretty clear about the fact that the girls had to go through some sort of psychological screening.  Is it safe to say they have dropped this requirement? 

There is no logic for why Chris would keep the crazy Ashley.  So, to Chris, crazy Ashley was preferable to any of the 4-5 girls that were sent home?  No way.  The only one I felt good about leaving was Kimberly who never should have been there after the first time she was asked to leave.

There is one woman (I can't even call her a girl) who looks like she is older than me, seriously - Trina?  She's got to be in her 40's. I mean not that there is anything wrong with that, by all means have women of all ages on, but be honest about it.

I felt bad for Tara, but I also agree I did not see much connection there between her and Chris.  I think talking about how you are always rejected and this always happens to you does not do much to increase your presteige and that's not how to audition for Bachelorette.  You have to be heartbroken, not rejected.

Katelyn is cute, and fun, but she is going into FriendZone very quickly.  She is like this season's Marquel.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 3

She's been listening to too many Harlequin Romance books on tapes.

I seriously choked on my coffee. The virgin Ashley is so exotic looking I wonder if she's auditioning for marriage to a nice man who comes from a culture that really values that. I knew a Greek man for whom virginity was an essential. I wanted to ask him if it was because he couldn't take criticism. Heh.

What do you all think? Has the drunken sorority party been going on through every season and we're just now seeing it? Have they figured out "Bachelor Nation," loves this stuff because we watched all those sleazy Bachelor spinoffs with such glee? Do we have only ourselves to blame?

• Love 6
I'm wondering what century Mackenzie is living in to think that a 33 year old man actually wants to deflower a virgin

True, most men that age would not want to feel the obligation that comes with being the first, that the girl was saving herself for marriage so you would be the worst heel to cut and run. But then Chris is in this for marriage, right? ;)

So far Chris seems pretty shallow but it may just be that there are a butt load of women left to sort through and he  is overwhelmed.

Chris is certainly proving himself to the horndog I suspected he was. Any warm body will do! Barf.

The sad thing (for me) is that he's not as shallow as he could be. Based on looks alone, he wouldn't have eliminated Kimberly twice to keep, say, Trina or Carly. (The eye-of-the-beholder thing only goes so far.) Tandra is quite attractive too, and Tara looks nice when she's put together.

At least he had the alcohol excuse for eliminating (the pretty and hilarious) Jordan.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 1

Chris Harrison encouraging the girls to go to Chris' house was the part that really got me. "He's just at the end of the driveway! Did I mention that there are NO RULES? Don't forget, his house is marked right here on this treasure map I'm leaving you! Here are some binoculars, too - we've only given him an outdoor shower!"

• Love 8

No, I don't think he'll be the dumbest. Wouldn't that be Jesse the football player? (Related question: Who has been the smartest? Brad? Serious question.)

I acutally think Jesse Palmer comes off pretty well in his post bachelor life on ESPN.  The dumbest for me will always be PLo aka Prince Lorenzo the doggy shampoo guy.  I guess the two doctors, Lt. Andy and Travis Dork would be the smartest book wise since they got through medical school but the the smartest overall probably would be indeed be Brad, even if he wasn't good enough for Bettina's dad as a college drop out.

As for Chris, I find him to be just ok right now.  I need the herd to thin out some more before I can get a real feeling for this season.  

• Love 2