Type keyword(s) to search

Ending the series - how would you do it?

CofCinci

David dead saving Emanda.

Victoria locked in a psych ward  for real.

Margeaux and her baby move back to France.

Jack and Carl move to anywhere away from the shit show that is the Hamptons.

And Emanda and Nolan (and Nolan's laptop) on a beach hanging as the best besties ever.

• Love 7

Aidan returns from the dead, because why the hell not at this point. And he brings Daniel along because also why the hell not. The two of them shoot everyone save a few, and then they with Emily, Louise and Nolan ride off into the sunset. Or sail off, whatever. Margaux can come too if she changes her stupid hair. And Jack disappears into witness protection.

• Love 2
(edited)

Victoria and Amanda kill each other at the end, similar in style to WAR OF THE ROSES. We see a flash of Amanda with Aiden, happy on a beach. Then we flash to Victoria being greeted in hell-concept by Conrad.

But before their deaths we learn that David Clarke isn't really even David. Just some imposter. Or, they can just kill David. Or he can live. I don't give two fucks.

Jack and Margo get back together, raising their orphan kids together.

Nolan has a new BFF, Louise. Perhaps Louise will dip her toe in revenge work and Nolan will warn her about the dangers -- and she listens (unlike Amanda). Show them partying on a yacht with some hotties.

The last few moments of the series should be Mason Treadwell promoting his Amanda/Victoria tell-all book "Revenge" on The View or Good Morning America.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

The last few moments of the series should be Mason Treadwell promoting his Amanda/Victoria tell-all book "Revenge" on The View or Good Morning America.

I really like this.  Great ending!

• Love 6

Well the first episode of the first season started out with "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves", so the original idea of the series was obviously that Emily would die in the end. And I guess until the end of season 3, and the return of David Clarke, I would have been ok with that (I mean ok in the sense of a good storyline, not with Emily being dead).

But since David Clarke is back I think it would be just pathetic if she dies, and he came out alive. So to give the story at least some meaning they both would have to die, but that would be a really really dark ending for the series, leaving Nolan and Jack behind broken. And as Victoria is a goner for sure in my opnion, that would mean a little to much bloodshed for a soap opera finale, so I think it's not going to happen.

But considering the writing of the show in general there will be no (happy) ending for Emily without some loss and bitterness, and that means I'm not sure if Nolan or Jack will survive in the end.

My perfect ending would be Victoria being killed by Emily (in a very cruel way, maybe like Victoria did with Aiden), after Victoria killed David (she is way smarter than him and will eventually figure out he played her all along and tried to kill her). After that Emily decides to move on and live as Amanda Clarke, leaving the Hamptons once and for all, Nolan is coming with her, and the question if Jack and Emily are ment to be (or becoming a couple) ist left open, meaning they are giving it a chance, but still need to figure out things (so no cheesy happy ending).

Emily and Victoria both die, preferably with Emily being put in a situation where she needs to kill herself in order to take Victoria with her. I always envisioned a high speed police chase where both Emily and Victoria are in the car and Emily drives it over a cliff, killing them both.

If someone dies it definitely needs to be a female series regular- we haven't had a single one of them die the entire series. I also think it would be beautiful for Emily to die- so many of her loved ones have died, I can't help but feel she'd be happier in heaven with them than alive on Earth.

Emily getting away with it. Sorry, but I don't want her to suffer anymore than she already has (and you could argue that Aiden's death was a price for her mission along with Amanda's and to a lesser extent even Declan and Daniel's).

So her, Nolan and possibly Jack and Louise living somewhere else sunning themselves on a beach.

Nolan and Louise divorce and get their own love interests (maybe Lyman for Nolan or some hunky bloke) but are still great friends/partners in mischief.

Margaux either fails or lets go of her annoying vendetta against Emily, has her baby and moves back to France.

Ben leaves the show and doesn't end up with Emily. Not feeling any chemistry with those two.

We find out that Charlotte is doing something useful with her life. Don't care what but something that signals she's actually grown up and matured etc.

Victoria and David have a crazed battle on the beach/Grayson manor and take each other out.

Edited by darkestboy
  • Love 6

Amanda gets away with it all.  But her revenge has so scarred her, she never knows real peace. 

David dies.  The evil things he did for Malcolm all those years, plus his easy willingness to kill, clinch that.  A heroic death would be fitting. 

Victoria lives to a very old age, a broken woman, the knowledge of her crimes and the loss of everyone she loved torturing her till the minute she dies. 

Jack finds a nice, wholesome woman to marry, love and raise kids with. 

Nolan lives happily ever after. 

--- The End ---

• Love 2

Emily getting away with it.

Victoria and David have a crazed battle on the beach/Grayson manor and take each other out.

I definitely want these two to happen.  Also, I want to see Emily (Amanda) on a beach with Nolan (being besties, nothing else).

I would love it if faux Amanda wasn't really dead.  As in, some fishermen found her and were able to revive her (if it can happen to Oliver Queen it could happen to her) and she comes back and she and Jack and little Carl are very happy together.

Edited by SierraMist

Or they could blend the concepts of Revenge and Resurrection (Resurvenge? Reverrection?) and bring back the dead to exact their revengendas on those who wronged them in their lives.  Hey, the shows are back to back ... it could happen!

• Love 1

What I want to happen the most, realism be damned: Aiden is somehow resurrected (he wasn't really dead, blah blah blah) and he and Emily sail off into the sunset.

Slightly more realistic scenario:

Emily gets away with everything. She, Jack, and Nolan remain friends and neighbors. They are happy. Emily helps Jack raise Carl. Emily also becomes a freelance vigilante and enacts clever revenge schemes on the behalf of people who deserve to get it.

Victoria is convicted of Aiden's murder and is sent to prison for life. She is disgraced, mentally shattered, and never has a minute of peace for the next 40 years.

David...oh I don't even care. Have him do something vaguely heroic and die.

• Love 6

Amanda gets away with it all.  But her revenge has so scarred her, she never knows real peace. 

David dies.  The evil things he did for Malcolm all those years, plus his easy willingness to kill, clinch that.  A heroic death would be fitting. 

Victoria lives to a very old age, a broken woman, the knowledge of her crimes and the loss of everyone she loved torturing her till the minute she dies. 

Jack finds a nice, wholesome woman to marry, love and raise kids with. 

Nolan lives happily ever after. 

--- The End ---

Or Nolan buys Jack a massive boat and they both go off with Carl to do work for the Peace Corps or whatever it was Jack was trying to do back in Season 1.

I want Emily and Nolan to get away scot-free; Victoria punished forever (death, jail, poverty, etc.), and I don't really care what happens to anyone else.

I like the idea that Mason Treadwell writes a book about the whole sordid affair.

• Love 4

What I want to happen the most, realism be damned: Aiden is somehow resurrected (he wasn't really dead, blah blah blah) and he and Emily sail off into the sunset.

Slightly more realistic scenario:

Emily gets away with everything. She, Jack, and Nolan remain friends and neighbors. They are happy. Emily helps Jack raise Carl. Emily also becomes a freelance vigilante and enacts clever revenge schemes on the behalf of people who deserve to get it.

Victoria is convicted of Aiden's murder and is sent to prison for life. She is disgraced, mentally shattered, and never has a minute of peace for the next 40 years.

David...oh I don't even care. Have him do something vaguely heroic and die.

This is perfect.

Just want to add that unless Margaux gets her ish together - I want her to die or lose everything in her silly quest for revenge. She's an idiot and her motives for revenge or weak as heck.

Emily and Jack can raise little Daniel with Carl.

The end.

• Love 1

At this point my perfect ending would be that after all the years of revenging her father's death & trying to make the Graysons & everyone else involved pay for what they did, & then finding out that David is still alive, I think that Emily should kill David.

• Love 2

At this point my perfect ending would be that after all the years of revenging her father's death & trying to make the Graysons & everyone else involved pay for what they did, & then finding out that David is still alive, I think that Emily should kill David.

Accidentally or on purpose?

On purpose. She should be really mad that she wasted so much of her life getting revenge for a man who didn't deserve it, & who was partially responsible for everything that happened by the simple fact that he decided it was OK to put his dick in somebody else's wife.

I just read that Revenge was number 1 for the 2nd week in a row in it's timeslot in Adults 18-49, since ratings have been going up lately, so there actually might be a chance for a Season 5, who knows.

• Love 1

I just read that Revenge was number 1 for the 2nd week in a row in it's timeslot in Adults 18-49, since ratings have been going up lately, so there actually might be a chance for a Season 5, who knows.

NOOOOOOOOO, I really want this show to end, I just keep watching to see how it will end.

• Love 1

NOOOOOOOOO, I really want this show to end, I just keep watching to see how it will end.

I would have been ok with ending it after season 4 if they would have made it clear from the beginning that this will be the last season. But now we are already at episode 17, and as far as I know episode 20 has already been shot, which leaves a maximum of 3 episodes to wrap it up if the show ends. I want Revenge to have an appropriate ending, and I'm afraid that is not going to happen if they make the decision so close to the last episode. So I'm really hoping for a final 5th season, but I won't mind if there will be less then the usual 22 episodes.

For at least the last 2 seasons, it seems like they are trying to write a way out of the show. Half of the cast already has. They really need a firm end date to write a coherent story line and not spin their wheels trying to keep the show going indefinitely.

• Love 1
For at least the last 2 seasons, it seems like they are trying to write a way out of the show. Half of the cast already has. They really need a firm end date to write a coherent story line and not spin their wheels trying to keep the show going indefinitely.

I totally agree....they truly are just stringing along from one revenge story to another.  I just need it to end.

• Love 1

That's what bothers me too. Shows like revenge need a clear storyline from the beginning to the very end, it always seemed to me that the writers on Revenge only thought about 2-3 episodes ahead (sometimes as "far" as to a mid-season finale). That may work well for other shows, but not for shows like Revenge, where the main theme of the show is so specific.

In some way Revenge always reminded me a little bit of "Prison Break", where they also weren't able to make the story consistent an believable after the awesome first season, because as the specific main theme of the show was gone the show didn't evolve, that's because they didn't think ahead to what would happen after Scofield achieves his goal. If you want room for a great story and character development you need to figure out from the beginning where the story will end up, have the guts to set it out for syndication (with perspective to length) and hope for the best. "Breaking Bad" did an unbelievable good job in doing this for example. Of course, sometimes even that can go wrong, like it did with "How I Met Your Mother", when the ending they always had in mind dind't really work in the end, because they set it out for 5 or 6 seasons, but the show got to successfull, so they should have reconsidered, but at least they tried.

That's the reason why I want Revenge to have a final 5th season (even if shortened), but only if they are willing to announce this as the last season from the beginning, otherwise they better end it now.

• Love 1

They shouldn't end the show at all.

My plan for at least 5 more seasons of Revenge:

End this season with Amanda and Nolan getting caught for all of their underhanded deeds. They have to go on the run. Get rid of the entire cast and remake the show as a procedural drama. Emily and Nolan travel the country, righting wrongs and kicking ass. Every week is a new town, and then they move on. Nolan, of course, finds a new romance in each town, but it only lasts 43 minutes and is never heard of again. Like Padma. Remember her? Me neither.  

This way, they don't have to worry about long-term plotting, which they don't seem to do anyway!

I would seriously watch that. 

End this season with Amanda and Nolan getting caught for all of their underhanded deeds. They have to go on the run. Get rid of the entire cast and remake the show as a procedural drama. Emily and Nolan travel the country, righting wrongs and kicking ass. Every week is a new town, and then they move on. Nolan, of course, finds a new romance in each town, but it only lasts 43 minutes and is never heard of again. Like Padma. Remember her? Me neither.  

This way, they don't have to worry about long-term plotting, which they don't seem to do anyway!

I don't think that many fans would go for that, me included, as this has always been always the personal story of Amanda Clarke/ Emily Thorne, not her helping people nobody knows to have their revenge.

At this point it's hard to imagine a season 5, if I would have to I could imagine David getting killed by Victoria by the end of the season, and maybe Stevie could be collateral damage if she gets close to David until then, and die too. At the same time Emily gets caught on some crime she commited because of Victoria, thus Victoria winning all the battles at once, so that Emily has to come back big time after losing everything.

Of course Jack could be killed off too, but in my opinion that would be too much, since they already killed off Aiden and Daniel, and Emily and Jack are clearly getting together by the end of the season, so killing of every love interest there ever was makes no sense. If season 4 is the last season he might be gone too however, if not I would like him too join Emily to seek revenge for David and Stevie.

• Love 1

I was mostly joking. I just find it sad that one of the most interesting female tv characters, probably ever, is stuck in such a shit show. Emily is completely self reliant, cold, manipulative and unemotional. I don't know if there's ever been a female protagonist quite like her, and better yet, we root for her. If I could save the character and dump the show, I would.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know you said you were kidding, but I don't think you're wrong.  I love Emily and Nolan together.  They could travel the world and help people with their revenge.  All justified, of course.  I see the show as campy and over the top and I love that.  I don't expect it to be realistic.   I'm not interested in a happy (or a tragic) ending for Emily.  For me, the show could go on for a long time and they could reinvent it each season.   Sort of like a Route 66 (with George Maharis and Martin Milner) or The Fugutive (with David Janssen).  There are no shows like that any more. 

Edited by SierraMist
(edited)

I would like to see a happy ending. And after 4 seasons of foreshadowing we all know Emily & Jack will end up together.

So thats what I want in the first place, Emily, Jack and Carl moving away or living in the beach house where it al started. I honestly could not care less what happens to David. He can live or die, whatever.

Nolan need to get some REAL love for crying out loud. With that Tony guy or some new dude, I just want it. After crazy Tyler, Padma, Patrick the murderer aka. son of the bitch and Louise the fake marriage he just deserves some love.

Louise is in my eyes a tragic character. I just don't see her get a happy ending, now that she is turning against team Emily and sides with Victoria. This will end up blowing up in her face. 

Victoria can NOT have a happy ending. As much as I love to hate her, she just needs to die. We already had the mental institution in the season 3 finale so thats out of the question. I personally hope there will be mindblowing fight between Emily and Victoria. 

Oh and Margeaux can move back to France.

And Ben... Don't exactly know where his story will go from now on. 

And one of my favorite characters of the entire series: LYDIA. I hope she makes at least a cameo. She runs and was never heard of again. It just won't do for me.

Edited by Melvinvdriet
  • Love 2

Melvin, I agree with everything you said (well, I don't really care about Lydia).  If they have a realistic ending, this is what I would wish, too, especially about evil Victoria finally getting what's coming to her (she betrayed David, she killed Helen, she killed Aiden, etc, etc.).

• Love 1
(edited)

I would have been ok with ending it after season 4 if they would have made it clear from the beginning that this will be the last season. But now we are already at episode 17, and as far as I know episode 20 has already been shot, which leaves a maximum of 3 episodes to wrap it up if the show ends. I want Revenge to have an appropriate ending, and I'm afraid that is not going to happen if they make the decision so close to the last episode. So I'm really hoping for a final 5th season, but I won't mind if there will be less then the usual 22 episodes.

Idk, the last few episodes have felt like wrap up with Emily becoming Amanda again and exposing her identity to the public.  I just don't want another David Clarke drag out again, it's like deja vu all over again and they end up dragging things out.

I hope not, you might as well make a new show altogether with the new characters because it's way too late to try and turn this into an anthology.  The last thing this series needs is more seasons, when they've been struggling for the past few seasons trying to keep this show going.

Edited by Free

Idk, the last few episodes have felt like wrap up with Emily becoming Amanda again and exposing her identity to the public.  I just don't want another David Clarke drag out again, it's like deja vu all over again and they end up dragging things out.

I hope not, you might as well make a new show altogether with the new characters because it's way too late to try and turn this into an anthology.  The last thing this series needs is more seasons, when they've been struggling for the past few seasons trying to keep this show going.

The way I see it a storyline worth telling would be Emily ending up in prison, and David getting killed by Victoria by the end of the season, and Emily breaking out of prison, being a fugitive and finishing off a more than ever mighty Victoria once and for all in Season 5, preferably in a very cruel way, because she deserves it. :) I don't see any other twists or storlines that would be worth telling, so if they don't go at least in that direction I would be ok with ending it in Season 4.

The way I see it a storyline worth telling would be Emily ending up in prison, and David getting killed by Victoria by the end of the season, and Emily breaking out of prison, being a fugitive and finishing off a more than ever mighty Victoria once and for all in Season 5, preferably in a very cruel way, because she deserves it. :) I don't see any other twists or storlines that would be worth telling, so if they don't go at least in that direction I would be ok with ending it in Season 4.

Then it's just going around in a circle again, David Clarke becomes even more pointless and we're back to square one.

Then it's just going around in a circle again, David Clarke becomes even more pointless and we're back to square one.

I don't see it that way, as the show didn't start out with Emily being in prison, she was in juvie, ok, but that had nothing to do with her Revenge and the storyline since Season 1. And David Clarke has been pointless since he proofed being alive, there is no way in making it more ponitless than that.

I don't see it that way, as the show didn't start out with Emily being in prison, she was in juvie, ok, but that had nothing to do with her Revenge and the storyline since Season 1. And David Clarke has been pointless since he proofed being alive, there is no way in making it more ponitless than that.

It sounds similar with some details changed.  Emily gets out of prison instead of juvie and then gets revenge like she has been throughout the entire series.  As for David Clarke, he was a waste of time that never should've come back, let alone be used to drag this series out any further.