Type keyword(s) to search

Ultimate Survival Alaska - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Not sure if I'd still be around if not for Lower 48 - nice win.  Never watched the other seasons, I read that the show is kind of - posed? if not scripted.  Well you gotta figure these aren't "real" in the sense that Eco-Challenge was.  Anyway, damn but Cluck is competent and Kasha is no slouch either.

• Love 2

I read that the show is kind of - posed? if not scripted. 

Production has done a great job of hiding their involvement this year, minus Kasha's obvious redo of climbing down a waterfall area episode before last. Last year the posing/production involvement was over the top and obvious.

Thanks for the info KarmaG - everyone had a dramatic fall this week, they really put them through their paces for the final leg.

I was rooting for Lower 48 so that was disappointing; glad they came in 2nd though.  It was scary when Cluck fell down the crevasse.  They beat out two 3 member teams, so good for them.  Bonus -  nice FU to that jerk Sweeney.

Beautiful shots of the icy terrain.

Thank you military guys for taking your shirts off :)

• Love 2

Dallas is having a great year. This was filmed last summer and his team won and then he just won the Iditarod. Alaskans were my team and then I slowly just started rooting mostly for Endurance and 48. It would have been awesome for them to win without Sweeney. Happy with the results.

• Love 1

Color me shocked when Marty fell into the water (he was trying to get over the newly built bridge that was supposed to look like it had been there for years except the small logs looked like they were newly cut and had absolutely no chance to weather).  I think it's in the contract that every time he comes into contact with water, he's supposed to somehow do a faceplant right into it.  

Edited by Auntie Anxiety

If there is another season I hope that they have new teams and new team members.  This season was just kind of meh to me and I really enjoyed the two previous seasons.  Maybe it's just too formulaic at this point.  Oh no, someone might be in danger...commercial break...it's okay the person is safe.  I also got very tired of all of Marty's confessionals-at least they limited his interviews a bit towards the end of the season.  

• Love 1

Maybe it's just too formulaic at this point.  Oh no, someone might be in danger...commercial break...it's okay the person is safe.  

That's one of the things that drives my husband bonkers about this show. The shaky camera right before commercial to make viewers think someone had something happen. Though at this point we all know it turns out to be nothing.

• Love 1

Ditto. Also, I was pleased to see how well Cluck & Kasha did without him - because they made a really good team.

walnutqueen I know you'll understand this when I say Sweeney was Real HoWives and Kasha & Cluck were NatGeo.

• Love 1

The shaky camera right before commercial to make viewers think someone had something happen. Though at this point we all know it turns out to be nothing.

Heh, no kidding. Don't forget the wolf howl!  and OMG Bear!  I like these types of shows but I was only really invested in seeing what happened to Cluck and Kasha; none of the other teams or personalities stood out for me.  I know production is asking the same questions over and over and the repeition about the military guy's hurt rib; Dallas (I think it was Dallas and I only remember that name because of the Iditarod) losing his pack and how badly that was gong to effect the team (didn't at all) got old really fast.

• Love 1

I'm glad Team Endurance won---Dallas is great eye candy and they had a female on the team! I'm glad Kasha and Cluck did good and I wonder if Kasha ever forgave Cluck for throwing her pack into the water which forced her to jump off the cliff into the water. 

• Love 2

I missed the third season when it aired (stupid real life crap like bills and work) so I've been watching it On Demand.  Went to watch the final 4 shows yesterday and they were gone!  They removed the show from the available On Demand shows with no warning, argh!

So I take it from above comments that Endurance won?  What were the other placements?  

I missed Military-without-shirts?!  *grrrr*

• Love 1

Has anyone seen the older reality show "Stars Earn Stripes"? I think it was from 2012 and Grady is one of the cast. He looks so young. It was a horrible reality show (only 1 season) but it was worth watching imo in order to see the legendary Chris Kyle, who was a true hero (American Sniper). Grady seems a bit fame hungry but I don't blame him for wanting to make a buck or two. He seems like a nice guy and I thank him for his service to our country. I kind of feel bad for always being pro-Team Endurance (more like pro-Dallas), but the military team is my 2nd favorite.

• Love 1