Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

For those that have watched the show from the beginning, it seems the dislike for Whitney came out relatively soon.  Was there one thing the turned the tide or was it just a build up of nonsense? Also, was she always so involved in how her friends should be living their lives and were they seemingly at her beck and call as it seems they are now?  I was going to finish rewatching the early seasons but it seems I have to pay for it, so I’ll just wait to they’re free again.  

Whitney would obviously film the most, but were the barnacles always so featured in the storyline?  No offense but the past couple of seasons should have been called My Big Fat Not So Fabulous Buddy.  Almost every episode somehow revolved around him.

• Love 1

I'd say this photo shows La Whitney has lost weight. Unless she has changed her food choices to go along with her exercise, she has probably lost as much wgt as she can on exercise alone.

I'd peg her at 330-350 #s now. That's down from the 400 #s she weighed in Hawaii which I believe scared her when she saw the film & photos.

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Dot said:

I'd say this photo shows La Whitney has lost weight. Unless she has changed her food choices to go along with her exercise, she has probably lost as much wgt as she can on exercise alone.

I'd peg her at 330-350 #s now. That's down from the 400 #s she weighed in Hawaii which I believe scared her when she saw the film & photos.

I can never tell if she lost a lot weight because she either post photos out of order time wise or uses a bunch of filters because when she post a video she looks bigger again.  The only pic she looked much smaller to me was the target shirt but half her body was cut out.  However I do think she looks smaller in all pictures compared to the Winnie the Pooh looking beach picture from Hawai’i.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 1
(edited)

The problem is she doesn’t look any smaller at all in the video of her doing those semi-burpees. I’m always more skeptical when it’s a photo because who knows what she’s done to it. 

I should add that yes she doesn’t look as big as Hawaii but she doesn’t seem much smaller than the cruise. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 2

I am so confused by her, by this show.  She's close to 400 pounds and the show depicts her as going to the gym, exercising, lifting hundreds of pounds of weights, bench pressing... like she's a damn contender for the American Ninja Warrior.  She pretty much died during the 8K in Hawaii, so yes... to redeem herself, she wants to bike, hike, swim another marathon type event that's 10 miles.  Makes so much sense.  I would die and I'm nowhere near 300 pounds.  What the hell is she trying to prove?  She can barely even climb a rock climbing wall.  What makes her think she can do 10 miles?  Is it the producers?  They go into a room, and go... "How should we try to get Whitney to drop dead?  Go!"?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Geekygal16 said:

They go into a room, and go... "How should we try to get Whitney to drop dead?  Go!"?  

Yes. This is what happens. It is all producer induced hilarity because absolutely nothing about Whitney's life is in any way fabulous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Dot said:

And none of the items on her Alasker Redemption Tour you mention above was completed without outside assistance.

Also due to creative editing and filming none of them was actually as long as she claimed them to be.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Geekygal16 said:

She pretty much died during the 8K in Hawaii, so yes... to redeem herself, she wants to bike, hike, swim another marathon type event that's 10 miles.  Makes so much sense.  I would die 

Trust me, you wouldn't die doing anything Whit does (unless dying of embarrassment counts). That ten miles was five miles of slow bike riding while shrieking, followed by five miles of slow walking while wheezing. It probably took her five hours to do "all that."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Trust me, you wouldn't die doing anything Whit does (unless dying of embarrassment counts). That ten miles was five miles of slow bike riding while shrieking, followed by five miles of slow walking while wheezing. It probably took her five hours to do "all that."

And she couldn't manage the slow walk without help. She got stuck on a rope bridge & Tal, etc., had to pull her across.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/2/2019 at 12:35 AM, Dot said:

And she couldn't manage the slow walk without help. She got stuck on a rope bridge & Tal, etc., had to pull her across.

There was also a lot of careful editing and people who knew the area and those trails said there's no way it was 5 miles.

• Love 3

Of the bunch, was chubby chaser getting his jollies, Avi the only one of Whitney’s “love” interest who was gainfully employed and without a criminal record? I wasn’t really sure about Lennie and how did Lennie and Whitney meet?

Btw who coined the term “chubby chaser getting his jollies”, it’s perfect!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Of the bunch, was chubby chaser getting his jollies, Avi the only one of Whitney’s “love” interest who was gainfully employed and without a criminal record? I wasn’t really sure about Lennie and how did Lennie and Whitney meet?

Btw who coined the term “chubby chaser getting his jollies”, it’s perfect!!

I think Lennie was supposed to be "an artist" but I don't know how he actually earned a living or how they supposedly met.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Lennie was supposed to be "an artist" but I don't know how he actually earned a living or how they supposedly met.

Lennie works at an art supply store -- Michael's, I think.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, cherenkov said:

There was also a lot of careful editing and people who knew the area and those trails said there's no way it was 5 miles.

Interesting how these shows work, isn't it? What they present you is never "real". 

There's a show that's going to film in our jurisdiction next month and when I heard their storyline I was like, they're doing what? They're going to show them catching fish from the river and then use store bought fish for filming? Our fish live in 53 degree water straight from Hoover Dam, they're amazing. Why the hell bother coming down to film fake fishing? 

Sorry to veer off-topic but, you'd think I'd have learned having worked with enough film crews to know everything is a set-up (I had to babysit to make sure they didn't break any laws). 

ETA: Not sharing anything more until said show airs. I really wanted to be down there for the filming but will be out of the area (boo, because I wanted to actually see one of the cast). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 1
On 8/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think they met on an online dating service.  (Or I should say that's what was portrayed on the show 😄)

Edited by princelina
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Dot said:

Tal hasn't posted on IG or FB in more than a month. That's rather unusual for any of the barnacles. I wonder if his romance with Jon has hit a rough spot.

I hope it's just the opposite.... that they're so busy enjoying being together that there's no time left for social media. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Dot said:

What a happy, confident fat lady Twit is, according to this on-line Glamour magazine article. No mention of the years of therapy. The crying jags. And other such indications that Twit ain't so happy after all.

https://www.glamour.com/story/whitney-way-thore-my-big-fat-fabulous-life-interview

Oh, my. Whitney forgets she isn’t an average overweight woman—she’s morbidly obese.

She forgot to mention all the stuff she can’t do. All the times she was seen crying and braying and in pain due to her weight. Her damn toes breaking I don’t know how many times because of her immense weight (and numerous other afflictions/injuries). The fact that she’s can’t shave the back of her legs or fit in an RV shower or even stand on skis. 

Yeah, morbidly obese is FABULOUS. What a lying sack. 

• Love 8
On 8/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, Dot said:

Tal hasn't posted on IG or FB in more than a month. That's rather unusual for any of the barnacles. I wonder if his romance with Jon has hit a rough spot.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:38 PM, Colleenna said:

I hope it's just the opposite.... that they're so busy enjoying being together that there's no time left for social media. 

Seems they are still together

15 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Seems they are still together

Excellent news. Seems like Tal and Heather have really established their own lives. Heather has a job and is raising her kids. Tal has his partner and life with him. Congrats to them. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Excellent news. Seems like Tal and Heather have really established their own lives. Heather has a job and is raising her kids. Tal has his partner and life with him. Congrats to them. 

It seems that the new season will feature new ppl -- Ryan, Chase, Jessica. Bringing in new characters is usually a last, desperate effort to resusicate a dying show.

• Love 6

So, this is hilarious—“Whitney Way Thore is Changing Reality TV for Fat Women”, as if what she does is a good thing. Have they SEEN this circus?!? 

Whitney does nothing good for fat women. She shrieks, brays, fakes and cries her way through every episode. She pees in hot tubs. She sniffs crotches. She grabs people inappropriately. She behaves inappropriately. She acts like a crazed college student on perpetual spring break, not a woman in her 30s. If she’s paving the way for fat women, she’s making it more difficult for them to be taken seriously. 

Again, did Glamour actually WATCH the show before they released this sham interview?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glamour.com/story/whitney-way-thore-my-big-fat-fabulous-life-interview/amp

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

So, this is hilarious—“Whitney Way Thore is Changing Reality TV for Fat Women”, as if what she does is a good thing. Have they SEEN this circus?!? 

Whitney does nothing good for fat women. She shrieks, brays, fakes and cries her way through every episode. She pees in hot tubs. She sniffs crotches. She grabs people inappropriately. She behaves inappropriately. She acts like a crazed college student on perpetual spring break, not a woman in her 30s. If she’s paving the way for fat women, she’s making it more difficult for them to be taken seriously. 

Again, did Glamour actually WATCH the show before they released this sham interview?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glamour.com/story/whitney-way-thore-my-big-fat-fabulous-life-interview/amp

No they just cashed the check from TLC that said “write an article that will make people watch this nightmare’. 

• LOL 4
48 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

No they just cashed the check from TLC that said “write an article that will make people watch this nightmare’. 

Glamour is a pos "lifestyle and beauty" rag.... it would be a grocery store checkout mag like National Enquirer, but it no longer exists in dead tree form. Worldwide circulation is about 2 million (there are uk, Italian, Russian, etc versions). They'll do whatever in order to avoid folding. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Glamour is a pos "lifestyle and beauty" rag.... it would be a grocery store checkout mag like National Enquirer, but it no longer exists in dead tree form. Worldwide circulation is about 2 million (there are uk, Italian, Russian, etc versions). They'll do whatever in order to avoid folding. 

Glamour used be great back in the day! I quit buy it about 15 years ago. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I wonder what became of her Greensboro house? Is daddy left holding the bag and making the payments?

A moderatly-timed Google search shows the house was purchased in May 2016 in her name, and she currently still owns it. (The ownership is current as of 8/28/19).

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, sixlets said:

A moderatly-timed Google search shows the house was purchased in May 2016 in her name, and she currently still owns it. (The ownership is current as of 8/28/19).

I thought I read somewhere on here that the belief is that Buddy is living in it right now. Of course nothing says who is paying the mortgage. It does seem like Whit should be able to afford the mortgage and rent in Charlotte with her TLC money but she should be saving that TLC money for after this disaster is over. 

• Love 3

Also, TLC may be paying for at least some, if not all,  of her new place, since it’ll be part of a storyline.  I mean neither of these places is grand, so Whitney really shouldn’t have that much trouble covering the costs of both places with the show and the money from the millions upon millions of subscribers to her website.

*Seriously though, I think she should be able to afford both places at this point.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 1
On 9/8/2019 at 4:31 PM, sixlets said:

Pretty sure Glenn co-signed, so he's on the hook.

IIRC somebody posted online the paperwork when she bought the house that Glenn was a co-signer.  Maybe now that he’s sober Buddy can afford to pay his rent, if he’s still there.  As I mentioned early, she can probably afford both places, they’re pretty modest. Plus she’s probably some off as a tax expense.

in the Whitney Steps Up thread it show Glenn co-sign for some sort of loan.

Edited by Irate Panda
On 9/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, TurtlePower said:

'They all center around a shallow, reductive narrative: "My life sucks because I'm fat, and the only way to fix it is to lose weight." '
Quote from the article, makes me think author may be in Whit's weight class too.  
He regurgitates the PCOS line, and all.
I really think this show should be dropped.  
I want Dr. Now, as long as he is able, Dr. Pimple Popper, and the new Brit pimple dr. ,Dr. Emma.
With all the teen moms and multiples shows crowding out what I like, Whit is one I can spare.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

'They all center around a shallow, reductive narrative: "My life sucks because I'm fat, and the only way to fix it is to lose weight." '
Quote from the article, makes me think author may be in Whit's weight class too.  
He regurgitates the PCOS line, and all.
I really think this show should be dropped.  
I want Dr. Now, as long as he is able, Dr. Pimple Popper, and the new Brit pimple dr. ,Dr. Emma.
With all the teen moms and multiples shows crowding out what I like, Whit is one I can spare.

I looked him up. You nailed it. He's Whitney with a Y-chromosome. (He was easy to Google)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I didn’t know where to put this so I hope here is ok. 

I had a nightmare about Whitney. So I used to be a dancer (yes, a pole one) and was dreaming I was back in that world (probably thanks to Jlo’s new movie). Anyways, Whitney shows up and need to “prove” she can pole dance. So this big contraption hoists her legs above her head (cause she can’t) so she can invert. 

We’re all looking at her, dumbfounded, and turn around to get away from this idiot. There’s a loud thump, and there she is on the floor because her hands could not support her weight up there. Nevertheless and despite a huge fail, she’s like, “See, I can do this! I’m a pole dancer now!”

I woke up like, WTF. But I could see her doing it—Whitney takes a pole dancing class and falls, but she thinks she won a gold medal. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

I smell a storyline! Any interest in being on television, @TurtlePower? All you’d have to do is challenge Big Whit then let her win. 

Let her win? Hmmmmm. Nah! I’d rather enjoy the smell of her tears laced with humiliation. Or, probably what would happen—she “broke her toe” and can’t even come (after which she removes her boot and walks around just fine). 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Is Whitney in Wilmington, since this is where Chase is working?  Also, were Buddy and Tal ever actually living in Whitney’s house or was that just for the show?  Lastly, does anyone remember the photo shoot Whitney and the family did in maybe the first or second season.  Was this a real magazine and did Whitney ever post or talk about it when it was published if it was real?