Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

On 5/23/2016 at 2:09 PM, PinkyCupcake said:

I have to say, every time I see this I either laugh or roll my eyes. It's so over the top and desperate for attention (well, this is TLC after all...).

I'm with you. The one part of the commercial looks like her falling while trying to ski.  Who hasn't done that?  In her case it  seems more dramatic because of her size.  Same thing with the clip of her trying to squeeze in the truck.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm with you. The one part of the commercial looks like her falling while trying to ski.  Who hasn't done that?  In her case it  seems more dramatic because of her size.  Same thing with the clip of her trying to squeeze in the truck.  

Whitney getting into the truck reminded me of the 600-lb people who go to Dr. Now.  I think Whitney's on the wrong show.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/26/2016 at 5:06 PM, riverblue22 said:

Whitney getting into the truck reminded me of the 600-lb people who go to Dr. Now.  I think Whitney's on the wrong show.

I just saw this preview.  I wonder if Whitney isn't in a bit of a pickle....she was probably told the original concept of the show would be about how she is big and fabulous....whether her life was actually fabulous or not.

At this point, TLC is just making her a public joke.....in a very public way.  It seems like the gloves are off and they aren't even trying.

But at this point, she loves the attention, and frankly....what else is she going to do?  The minute an employer watches the show, she is toast.  I guess she could travel the country advocating for the body shame thing.....but I think that becomes harder as all the producers work to make her a laughing stock and not a hero.

No tea, no shade, but a crossover with Dr. Now would be a great idea for her, IMO.

From the previews it just looks like she is becoming almost a cartoon like caricature.  Like a series of visual jokes.....fat person trying to ski!  bring on the avalanche jokes! fat person struggling to get into a truck! fat person falling down!  commence with the earthquake jokes!  

I've always thought the concept behind this show was interesting -- but I wish they would have picked someone else.  I don't think that Whitney thinks her life is fabulous at all.  And I don't particularly think she is a very good advocate for the no body shame campaign.  Her life doesn't look all that fabulous on TV either, because its hard for me to buy that she believes that her life is awesome.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 10

Yeah, they should have cast someone else, for sure. I have a friend who describes herself as "fat," and she is a brilliant English professor who goes on dating misadventures and we get Thai food and chat about trips to England, and shit like that. Her life is far more fabulous than Whitney's.

• Love 8

This forum is at the top of my followed content list for some reason.  Whenever I go to look at my forums, it jumps out and for the life of me I always see "My Big Fat Fabulous Lie".

• Love 5

I am so looking forward to this train wreck's season  premier.  It, along with SW and Dr. Shill, is my junk food for the mind.  I am bad.  To quote Shirley MacLaine in Steel Magnolias:  "I'm not as sweet as I used to be."

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm happy to see some discussion regarding this show!  I'm not yet sure what to make of Whitney.  I also consider myself a feminist, and agree with Whitney's message that women should not feel as though their value depends on physical attractiveness.  

On the other hand, Whitney seems to be using her "body positive" message as a way to ignore her significant weight problem.  No one is Whitney's size unless they have disordered eating habits, whether it's food addiction, emotional eating, or binge eating.  And no one with those problems is truly happy or healthy.  We've already seen the limitations Whitney faces because of her weight: she can't shave her own legs, fit comfortably in a car or plane, or walk an easy 5k. She has prediabetes, thigh chafing, and PCOS complications.  But she appears to be in total denial that those things are real, serious problems that she can do something about by modifying her diet or getting help with her emotional issues.

As someone who has been both overweight and underweight, and is now trying to find a healthy balance, I think watching Whitney navigate her relationships with food and her body is fascinating.

Does anyone follow Whitney on Facebook?

Edited by desertsolitaire
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2016 at 0:16 AM, desertsolitaire said:

Does anyone follow Whitney on Facebook?

I used to, but I had to stop (first time I unliked something or someone!).  The comments  to her posts were all too sickeningly positive. She had to be deleting all the negative posts, no one gets that much positive feedback!  I couldn't take the fakeness of it all.  I really wanted to like her and her show because I also do believe that no one should be judged  based on outward appearance (including skin color , religion, sexual preference, etc. too) and I know there already is a well accepted bias against fat people because I lived it, but I just can't with her...she's just too much of an attention whore for me.  And super immature for her age..AND she doesn't know how to dress..shall I go on?

Edited by notyrmomma
  • Love 4
On 6/2/2016 at 6:16 PM, notyrmomma said:

I really wanted to like her and her show because I also do believe that no one should be judged  based on outward appearance (including skin color , religion, sexual preference, etc. too) and I know there already is a well accepted bias against fat people because I lived it, but I just can't with her...she's just too much of an attention whore for me.  And super immature for her age..AND she doesn't know how to dress..shall I go on?

This about sums it up for me, too.  Whitney has potential to be really interesting, but her need for attention and validation are huge turnoffs.  I would also like to see her acknowledge that she eats too much, and that her weight is unhealthy.  No one should feel worthless because of his or her weight, but being that heavy is a health risk and Whitney seems to be in denial.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

GOD HELP US ALL. 

http://nobodyshameatsea.com/

Oh dear. I wonder if the show will be filming during this? I wonder how being surrounded by her adoring fans will affect Whitney's behavior - and her eating/smoking habits? She's really going to be on display in all her dysfunctional fabulousness!  And those carnival cruise ships accommodate around 3,000 passengers, don't they? Is Whitney enough of a draw to fill all the staterooms with her fans? And if not, who else will want to join a cruise where she's the star attraction? So many questions . . .

• Love 1
(edited)

good lord . . . those pictures of her look awful, and I'm not talking about her weight . . . fitness classes? cocktail hour? The denial and dysfunction just go on and on and on.

You know, just because you love your family member does not mean you have to enable them through addiction and mental illness. That goes for Whitney's family and Jazz Jennings's family, too. I know not everyone agrees on transgender issues but IMHO, Whitney and Jazz are not so different. Both are doing drastic, irreversible things to their bodies and their families are enabling and outright supporting and encouraging them, even when most medical advice tells them what they're doing is downright harmful.

Oh, well. It's making those families a nice bundle of TLC money and TLC gets a network out of it, so I suppose everyone is happy.

P.S. And in both cases, anyone who says anything at all out of concern - as in, WTF are you doing to your body??? - is dismissed and blocked as a "hater." It's not "hate" to ask serious questions about someone who would do these sorts of things to themselves and want them to think twice about it. Again, JMHO.

Edited by okerry
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

I wanna go on the cruise. Oh. My Gosh!!!  The snark would be amazing!

2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Also, I checked the FAQs and smoking is only allowed in designated parts of the ship. So someone should go and do some recon to see if she's still lighting up ;)

Maybe we should start a GoFundMe for Jacksgirl? :)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

I wanna go on the cruise. Oh. My Gosh!!!  The snark would be amazing!

Please go and take pics of her stuffing her face,  smoking,  and video of her once a week dance classes,  and rudeness to thinner folks, or anyone who disagrees with her!!!!!

We wd be forever grateful for your sacrifice. 

I don't think I cd stand to be around her narcissistic energy for very long.  And that laugh???!!!   I wd have to wear ear buds.  Nope,  you' re a better poster than I am.  I salute you.  

• Love 4

Hubby just had his second hip revision in 6 months, so when we get our big lawsuit award (ha), I can afford the cruise.  Taking care of him beats time with that asshole Whitney anyday. Maybe nobody will sign up, can't stand her.

On 6/23/2016 at 3:44 PM, Brooklynista said:

I wonder just how many of those dance/fitness classes Whitney will be leading.  And will they be before or after the midnight buffet?

or during the buffet?  :)

• Love 2

Oh, I would love to be a fly on the wall during the cruise & hope it's televised.  Maybe a special?  We all have so many questions.  They don't mention it but I wonder if the attendees get one of her rockin' No BS tank tops?  I'd like a red one please, the tighter the better to accentuate my rolls. (Sorry, just joking, that's a visual I'd rather not share.) My favorite part of the cruise description is "The first 50 guests to reserve their cabin will receive a personal welcome aboard call from Whitney."  So do the "winners"  know they will get a  call or are they expected to be sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for a possible call? Why am I thinking it will just be a recorded message? 

Is Whit using her middle name something new?  They introduced her at the college speech as "Whitney WAY Thore" & the cruise lists her name that way on their advertising.  Have to admit, using her middle names jazzes things up a bit so I guess that's what she's going for. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Is Whit using her middle name something new?  They introduced her at the college speech as "Whitney WAY Thore" & the cruise lists her name that way on their advertising.  Have to admit, using her middle names jazzes things up a bit so I guess that's what she's going for. 

No, it's not new. 

So I saw this post on her fb page. I just don't find her likable at all anymore and I used to be pretty neutral. Check yourself? You don't need anyone to like you? Then how about they cancel the show that allows you to make a living being fat? 

ETA: I saw the post last night and I swear there were more negative replies. When I checked it when I made this post, the majority of the replies I'm reading are positive. rme

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2016 at 6:33 AM, Barb23 said:

Oh, I would love to be a fly on the wall during the cruise & hope it's televised.  Maybe a special?  We all have so many questions.  They don't mention it but I wonder if the attendees get one of her rockin' No BS tank tops?  I'd like a red one please, the tighter the better to accentuate my rolls. (Sorry, just joking, that's a visual I'd rather not share.) My favorite part of the cruise description is "The first 50 guests to reserve their cabin will receive a personal welcome aboard call from Whitney."  So do the "winners"  know they will get a  call or are they expected to be sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for a possible call? Why am I thinking it will just be a recorded message? 

how is that even a prize?  you get to hear the great one's voice....are you not going to see her on the damn cruise?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/23/2016 at 3:16 PM, Ketzel said:

Oh dear. I wonder if the show will be filming during this? I wonder how being surrounded by her adoring fans will affect Whitney's behavior - and her eating/smoking habits? She's really going to be on display in all her dysfunctional fabulousness!  And those carnival cruise ships accommodate around 3,000 passengers, don't they? Is Whitney enough of a draw to fill all the staterooms with her fans? And if not, who else will want to join a cruise where she's the star attraction? So many questions . . .

Here is what I remember about cruise ships.....those staterooms were tiny.  And the showers were even smaller.  It sounds like it could be really uncomfortable really fast.

Edited by RCharter
LOL...I mean really uncomfortable...really fast! not fat!
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, RCharter said:

Here is what I remember about cruise ships.....those staterooms were tiny.  And the showers were even smaller.  It sounds like it could be really uncomfortable really fat.

Yes.  I was thinking that she won't be able to stomp around every time something doesn't go her way.  I would absolutely love to be on the cruise.  I would have no issue heckling her from the class.  Maybe when she's lecturing I could shout "Freebird" or something like that. 

I am also guessing that Babs and Glenn will be there too. After all, the DanceMaster is only in her thirties and something could happen to their precious little cupcake.

I just asked my husband if he's interested and simply said "no".  "We can go to Ft Lauderdale but not on that cruise". 

He's no fun.

http://nobodyshamestore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55

From her online store...you guys, I can't even. This tank top is supposed to be FLOWY. A "flowy, A-line silhouette." And she is wearing a size 3XL. And that is how it fits her. How the hell would a smaller person even know how the tank top actually looks? There isn't a normal-sized model with it on. Or even a picture of the tank top just by itself. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

From her online store...you guys, I can't even. This tank top is supposed to be FLOWY. A "flowy, A-line silhouette." And she is wearing a size 3XL. And that is how it fits her. How the hell would a smaller person even know how the tank top actually looks? There isn't a normal-sized model with it on. Or even a picture of the tank top just by itself. 

You can't even see what the graphic is on the tank. That's flowy? Mkay...

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't believe Whitney is wearing a 3XL.  She sells a 4XL and I'm sure that is what she is wearing.

• Love 2

This is a problem! She is modeling every article of clothing. How about you put a photo of you AND a photo of a smaller mannequin or something with the shirt? Or does your ego not permit that?

Just now, riverblue22 said:

I don't believe Whitney is wearing a 3XL.  She sells a 4XL and I'm sure that is what she is wearing.

LOL good point, I should have specified *according to a potentially fallacious caption,* it is a 3XL ;)

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

But it's very tight, also, so maybe a 3xl shows off the boobs and torso rolls when she jiggles, I mean dances. 

I agree, Psycoclown and R charter abt the cruise.  The rooms are small and the shower is open with a floor drain...Whit will have to turn around and round to get wet. Oh wait,  she cant do turns!  Sucks for her.  

Also, yas, yas, and yas,  that Babs and Glen will go-- just in case,  their widdle cupcake, etc...I flove it!  They can pay for her bar tab and distract fans when she needs to smoke. 

And I bet she's rewriting her TLC contact so Lennie can lurk in the background on the cruise. I think Lennie may he on the autistic spectrum cuz he seems too aloof and non communicative,  but maybe that's cuz Whit sucks all the air out of a room when she's there.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

OMG she has a STORE?  Do you think she actually has customers for her apparel line?  Who would buy that?!?!

I was at a size acceptance event and saw one person (out of about 300) with one of her tanks.

Kate Gosselin was supposed to be the special guest star on a cruise a few years ago.  People on the ship were supposed to pay more to have access to her (couponing classes, organizational stuff).  Not only could they not sell enough tickets for the Kate part of the cruise, others who were already booked on that ship were cancelling just because they had no interest in spending a week anywhere near her.

Her contract with the cruise line was cancelled, and the ship sailed without her.  I suspect something similar would happen with Whitney.

Oh, and regarding showers in most cabins, it's an old cruise ship joke that the best way to take a shower is to soap the walls of the shower, step in, and spin to wash.  Then spin to rinse.  But most mini-suites and above have a full tub.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

You can't even see what the graphic is on the tank. That's flows? Mkay...

Yes Whitney...thats the answer....figure flattering clothing that will fool the eye into not seeing that you are 400+ pounds.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RabbiBeth said:

OMG she has a STORE?  Do you think she actually has customers for her apparel line?  Who would buy that?!?!

I just quickly browsed that store and wow.  That's a whole lotta crap.  I can understand the clothing, in fact I think it's very smart on her part.  The rest of the crap though, is going to end up as landfill.  A power bank with Whitney's picture on it? Really?

Oh, and Lenny is modeling some of the men's apparel

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cynicat said:

I just quickly browsed that store and wow.  That's a whole lotta crap.  I can understand the clothing, in fact I think it's very smart on her part.  The rest of the crap though, is going to end up as landfill.  A power bank with Whitney's picture on it? Really?

Oh, and Lenny is modeling some of the men's apparel

Lenny is sporting a purple hoodie in the Clearance section & Buddy has a pink one on. 

We can thank the gods above that Whitney isn't modeling the shorts.  

• Love 1

Frankly I'm disappointed.

No section on ski fashion - specifically stretchy pants that don't split when you do.  Or boots. 

Shoot.  I thought she nailed that look on the slopes.

Whiney (blame that on my autocorrect... Lol) is a lot like what Zsalynn's life was like when she was the face of the fat acceptance movement.  Zsalynn self described herself as the center of attention and life of the party.  She didn't want to be  "skinny", blah blah blah.  But as with most of the people, reality smacked her in the face and eventually she found herself on my 600-lb life.

Whitney will eventually find herself face fiirst with reality.  Her doctor telling her that she's pre diabetic isn't enough.

I really just want her to stop using PCOS as the catchall reason she's gaining weight and gained so much weight.  Yes it plays a part and is a FACTOR in making weight loss difficult.  But, she's taken on the attitude like so many on My 600-lb Life, she "wants" to lose weight but only if it requires putting in as little effort as possible and making ZERO changes in diet.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Noirprncess said:

I really just want her to stop using PCOS as the catchall reason she's gaining weight and gained so much weight.  Yes it plays a part and is a FACTOR in making weight loss difficult.  But, she's taken on the attitude like so many on My 600-lb Life, she "wants" to lose weight but only if it requires putting in as little effort as possible and making ZERO changes in diet.

I just think its hypocritical to tout the "No Body Shame" message and then constantly try to make excuses/offer reasons for being fat.  

If there is no body shame, than it doesn't matter why you're fat.  It only matters that no one shame you for being fat.

Which lets me know that "No Body Shame" is not about body acceptance for all.....its just about people accepting Whitney.

• Love 11

The store stuff will end up in Glen's garage for decades. 

I think some marketer talked Whit into that selling that crap and she gets a small percentage. Same with the trademarked class. ..Big Girl, etc.   

Seriously who wd wear that?  I bet she gives it out as prizes on the cruise-- which I don't think will sell out. ....what person goes on a cruise and is careful about what they eat?  I imagine there will be alot of folks who would be afraid of getting judged on their plates and helpings or feel guilty abt indulging.  Then, again, I bet Whit will tell them that they will dance it off.....if they continuously dance for 24 hrs.  Obviously, dancing had worked for her weight control. 

No way that I wd pay for a cruise and not enjoy the food--to a point. I wd go for the relaxation,  pool, dancing in the clubs, entertainment, meeting people, shopping in port, drinking,  eating, and looking at scenery.   When I went on a cruise to Alaska's inner passage, I even did rock climbing on board, and participated in the exercise class 6 out of 10 days. Even big girls just want to have fun.  Oops, is "big girls" trademarked too?  Sue me, Whit. 

• Love 2

I've never gone on one of these "themed" cruises.  They can't expect a Whitney to fill and entire ship can they?  I'm thinking they block of 10 staterooms and one conference room for Whitney and her followers. And 7 of those rooms will still probably go unsold.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I've never gone on one of these "themed" cruises.  They can't expect a Whitney to fill and entire ship can they?  I'm thinking they block of 10 staterooms and one conference room for Whitney and her followers. And 7 of those rooms will still probably go unsold.

Give her a few months and she might fill the entire ship on her own...

• Love 12
(edited)

I wonder if Twit is still in the Pre-diabetic™ range?  We'll never see her back at the doctors for a 6 month follow-up visit.  Just like we have barely seen her at a doctor for her PCOS.  If she was that worried or cared about her PCOS more, we would see her following up on it.  I'm sure they did blood work in the ER ( and possibly at cardiologist too) but were the results mentioned?  Just because she was Pre-diabetic™ last year doesn't means she still is now esp since she's gained more weight. But in her fabulous world & mind, once Pre-diabetic™ always Pre-diabetic™.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3

A relative who is a cardiologist goes bananas when any of his colleagues use the diagnosis of "pre-diabetic." He thinks it minimizes the danger the patient is in. Whitney's response to her "diagnosis" is exactly the sort of thing that worries him. I can hear him now, "There is no such thing as 'pre-diabetes," Ms. Thore. There is only early stage diabetes, that may still be reversible with proper diet and exercise. And that's what you have here - diabetes in its earliest stage. Stop it now, while you can, and don't let yourself get back there."   Of course, Whitney would either ignore him, or have a full blown panic attack over having actual real diabetes. Whether that would impel her into actual weight loss is unlikely, I think. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Of course, Whitney would either ignore him, or have a full blown panic attack over having actual real diabetes. Whether that would impel her into actual weight loss is unlikely, I think. 

I don't think anything a doctor says at this point could compel her to take proactive steps in changing her diet. She literally ordered a pizza the minute she got home from the hospital after passing out from a moderate amount of exercise. She's known she's had PCOS for years. I don't know if Whitney wants kids, but as a woman in her early 30s with PCOS and obesity, you would think that she would be thinking a little more seriously about getting things under control (unless she's perfectly fine not having kids or adopting). It's obvious she does not have a real concern about her health. I think she's too optimistic and has trouble taking anything seriously because that would require too much self-reflection which we have seen leads to intense crying sessions and feelings of trauma.

I think the most effective thing for Whitney would be if her friends and family decided that they were no longer going to eat fatty foods or drink alcohol with her. Whitney is very socially motivated. She can commit to dancing as an exercise because that's fun and social, but she can't commit to going to the gym and walking on a treadmill alone. If she had to eat a healthy diet, she could no longer binge on pizza and beer with her friends, and she would resent being the "sad fat girl" who had to eat salad while all the thinner people got to live it up. There's no way she would give it up. She loves being the happy fat girl that attract's everyone's attention. I think if the friends made it a little less fun for her to take part in unhealthy habits, she would be more motivated to actually make changes than if a doctor tells her she's putting her health at risk. Hearing that from a doctor just gets her more sympathy and attention from her friends, which is actually what she wants.

I think the fact that the first thing she said after everyone read their letters at her fake funeral was "where's Buddy and Lennie" shows how much importance she places on being the most important thing in everyone else's life. It's just not normal for a grown woman to hear her parents cry and beg her to make changes because they love her so much, and before even acknowledging that, she's asking why 2 other people (who will probably not even be in her life 5 years from now) are not there doing the same thing.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

I don't think anything a doctor says at this point could compel her to take proactive steps in changing her diet. She literally ordered a pizza the minute she got home from the hospital after passing out from a moderate amount of exercise. She's known she's had PCOS for years. I don't know if Whitney wants kids, but as a woman in her early 30s with PCOS and obesity, you would think that she would be thinking a little more seriously about getting things under control (unless she's perfectly fine not having kids or adopting). It's obvious she does not have a real concern about her health. I think she's too optimistic and has trouble taking anything seriously because that would require too much self-reflection which we have seen leads to intense crying sessions and feelings of trauma.

I think the most effective thing for Whitney would be if her friends and family decided that they were no longer going to eat fatty foods or drink alcohol with her. Whitney is very socially motivated. She can commit to dancing as an exercise because that's fun and social, but she can't commit to going to the gym and walking on a treadmill alone. If she had to eat a healthy diet, she could no longer binge on pizza and beer with her friends, and she would resent being the "sad fat girl" who had to eat salad while all the thinner people got to live it up. There's no way she would give it up. She loves being the happy fat girl that attract's everyone's attention. I think if the friends made it a little less fun for her to take part in unhealthy habits, she would be more motivated to actually make changes than if a doctor tells her she's putting her health at risk. Hearing that from a doctor just gets her more sympathy and attention from her friends, which is actually what she wants.

I think the fact that the first thing she said after everyone read their letters at her fake funeral was "where's Buddy and Lennie" shows how much importance she places on being the most important thing in everyone else's life. It's just not normal for a grown woman to hear her parents cry and beg her to make changes because they love her so much, and before even acknowledging that, she's asking why 2 other people (who will probably not even be in her life 5 years from now) are not there doing the same thing.

I'm of the belief that no one can make you change but yourself.  And when you're ready, you're going to do it no matter who else is doing anything else.

Years ago, I was just downright chunky.  I wouldn't say I was obese by any stretch of the imagination, but I was certainly overweight.  And my mom bought me gym memberships, my college had a state of the art workout facility, my parents (mostly my dad) was on my back about my weight.  Nothing worked.  I would stop going to the gym after a few times, I would stay in my dorm room, and I would avoid my dad.  

There was an incident in my life -- seemingly small....that changed everything for me.  I was getting ready for a take a family picture, and I couldn't put on my jeans.  So, I got out my "fat jeans" which were a NY&CO size 14 (which is important because at the time, they sized everything big).  I could BARELY get into my "fat jeans," which prompted me to check my weight.  And I was close to 200 pounds....and the rest is history.  The next day,  I signed up for a gym, and I went 3-5 days a week.  I could barely walk fast when I started, I sprained my foot badly (because I had terrible shoes).....but I kept on going.  

The point being that it didn't matter what anyone else did or said, when I was ready....it happened.  I may not agree, but I would at least respect Whitney if she just said that while she doesn't like being fat, she also just doesn't want to put in the effort right now.  That feels more honest than the 72,000 excuses she has for everything.

I honestly think that "social eating" may just be another excuse Whitney uses to shift accountability for her weight to someone else.  Its not Whitney's fault, its everyone elses fault for eating around her.  You can't ask others to change their lifestyle, especially if they aren't married to you.

I think when you want to do something, you just do it.  Personally, I don't drink.....I just don't do it, and I never have (except one time by accident).  Is there social pressure to drink?  Yes.  Do people bust my chops sometimes for not drinking?  Yes.  But I smile and end up doing what I want to do....which is not drink.  Only to say that I think if a person doesn't want to do something...they just won't do it.

I also think Whitney eats quite a bit in secret/behind closed doors.  If her car is littered with fast food wrappers, she wasn't eating that to be social.  And I don't think thats the first tub of ice cream she ate in her car.  The plates and cutlery that is in her room is probably not in her room from a bunch of parties, its probably her just sitting in her room and eating alone.

I DO think that if Whitney changed her eating habits, that Buddy would be on board with her and would try to make those changes too.  And I think if Whitney was super serious, she would try to find a roommate with PCOS so they wouldn't enable each other, but would both work to keep unhealthy food out of the house.

Just my two cents.  I think social eating is definitely a thing, because I think being social is a thing for Whitney.  But there isn't anything sad about a salad!  Although at most pizza places they are absolutely disgusting.

• Love 6
(edited)

I totally agree that you have to have that "trigger moment" or "rock bottom" to decide for yourself to make a change. What is truly depressing about Whitney is she has had so many of them and done nothing. I mean, she's almost puked walking a 5K, she's nearly gotten diabetes, she needs to have her mom shave her legs, she's collapsed during a danceathon, she's practically split her pants on skis, what the HELL is going to be her "rock bottom?!"

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I totally agree that you have to have that "trigger moment" or "rock bottom" to decide for yourself to make a change. What is truly depressing about Whitney is she has had so many of them and done nothing. I mean, she's almost puked walking a 5K, she's nearly gotten diabetes, she needs to have her mom shave her legs, she's collapsed during a danceathon, she's practically split her pants on skis, what the HELL is going to be her "rock bottom?!"

So hard to say....so very hard to say.

I'm thinking maybe a serious hospitalization, not a few hours, but a few days.  Unfortunately it may have to be something as dramatic as a heart episode of some sort.

And even at that point, I think her big step would probably be to get a gastric sleeve/bypass and start to lose weight.  As much as I know she has issues with food that can't be resolved with a gastric bypass, I think seeing the weight loss would motivate her to keep losing weight.

Unfortunately, she would probably just need to resign herself to wigs for the rest of her life, but the risk is worth the reward.

And its sad that it would take something so big....this is the time when she should be enjoying life, but I don't think life is enjoyable when you wake up in pain every day and you can't wipe your ass.

• Love 4