Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone Is Suddenly A Medical Expert: The Media Thread

• Start Topic

I'll miss Babs, but I'm kissing this show goodbye. I don't really like Whitney and they can't seem to come up with a consistent narrative for the show, so why bother?

I hope Buddy finds a nice girl. :)

• Love 2

Yeah, you know it's funny--I just realized today they are the network of both I Am Jazz, about a transgender teen, and the Duggars. It just seems...odd.

• Love 4
(edited)

Awhile ago one of the national news stations,  CBS, NBC, OR ABC, did a story in the a.m., a few months ago about a young  married woman,  abt 30, I think who had PCOS, weighed abt 250 , I think, and wanted to get pregnant. The drs told her to lose weight,  so she did by exercising and eating healthy with a nutritionist.  She lost 60 lbs, and was able to become pregnant, and had a healthy baby boy.  (I'll see if I can find a link). 

I remember thinking how much I hoped Whit saw this story and was  pissed cuz it wasn't her.   

Whitney is disabling herself, with injuries, and used a walmart scooter  in a frickin parade cuz she cdnt walk far,  much less dance. Nope. We're watching a trainwreck coming down the track.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 7

Whitney advocates for people to have the confidence to do whatever they want, despite their weight.  Go to the beach.  Wear a two-piece.  Wear shorts.  Exercise in a sports bra.  Perform in a dance recital.

Ironically though, her own weight has reached a point where it seriously limits the things she can physically do.  She can't shave her own legs, walk in a parade, or host a dance party.  

I wonder why she doesn't make the connection that not doing something because you are ashamed of the way you look is just as bad as not being able to physically do something because you are so overweight?  She's so offended by the notion that society wants to limit her as a fat woman, but her weight is limiting her ability to live life to the fullest, too.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, desertsolitaire said:

Whitney advocates for people to have the confidence to do whatever they want, despite their weight.  Go to the beach.  Wear a two-piece.  Wear shorts.  Exercise in a sports bra.  Perform in a dance recital.

Ironically though, her own weight has reached a point where it seriously limits the things she can physically do.  She can't shave her own legs, walk in a parade, or host a dance party.  

I wonder why she doesn't make the connection that not doing something because you are ashamed of the way you look is just as bad as not being able to physically do something because you are so overweight?  She's so offended by the notion that society wants to limit her as a fat woman, but her weight is limiting her ability to live life to the fullest, too.

Exactly. It's not "society" that severely limits Whitney's life. It's her own obesity and poor health that limit her. It's entirely her choice to do nothing about those things except put them on TV.

• Love 7

I strongly believe that the only reason Whitney "loves being" as fat as she is, is because it gets her more attention. If she were "normal fat" (like 250) nobody would stare at her, and that is unacceptable.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I strongly believe that the only reason Whitney "loves being" as fat as she is, is because it gets her more attention. If she were "normal fat" (like 250) nobody would stare at her, and that is unacceptable.

So yes. I think that the TLC show is only a step up from what Zsalynn from my 600 pound life was doing before she got the surgery.  Getting attention due to being severely obese.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, greekmom said:

So yes. I think that the TLC show is only a step up from what Zsalynn from my 600 pound life was doing before she got the surgery.  Getting attention due to being severely obese.  

Yes ma'am! This is why Whitney insists on wearing bikinis and being loud and dancing on YouTube and everything else. She is human clickbait. It's not about making society accept her, it's about making society look at her. I don't think she really cares whether the attention is positive or negative. If she were remarkable in some other way, she could get attention for that, but the only thing she is "good at" is staying super obese, so by god she is gonna milk that for all it's worth.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

AND that not "loving it" would mean she has to do something about it.  Which is no fun, at least when getting started.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, absolutelyido said:

It's interesting that in that preview clip, Whitney's friend says that the dance-a-thon is, "a big deal for her to be on her feet this long". He doesn't say it's a big deal for her to be dancing that long, but just to be on her feet that long. I think we will see that Whitney's weight is really starting to take a toll on her body. Her hips, knees and heart just can't take that amount of weight forever. Sad to say, but if she doesn't start getting some control of her weight the show is going to become"My Big Fat Fabulous Bedridden Life".

Or "My Big Fat Fabulous Funeral."  Nothing about this wretched young woman is fabulous. Nothing at all. If her friends and family really cared about her, they'd refuse to participate in this travesty of a show.

• Love 7

My question is.......if Whitney really does all that strenuous dancing, why is she still so extremely obese ?  I didn't believe for one second that Whitney was going to make it in that dance a thon,  for even 20 mins without stopping.

Have her parents ever talk to her (on camera ) about her weight ?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, stillhere1900 said:

My question is.......if Whitney really does all that strenuous dancing, why is she still so extremely obese ?  I didn't believe for one second that Whitney was going to make it in that dance a thon,  for even 20 mins without stopping.

Have her parents ever talk to her (on camera ) about her weight ?

I remember her dad in the first season talking to her about it.  She didn't seem to want any part of that.  And I partially understood, because I know her medical condition makes weight loss so difficult....so from her perspective it must have sounded like nagging.  

I wonder if she is a good candidate for gastric sleeve?

What I've mostly read is that PCOS may cause a person to gain 60-70 pounds.  But at this point, Whitney is like 150 pounds overweight, so it stands to reason that some of that weight gain is food related.  If she gets the gastric sleeve, wouldn't that make it easier for her to eat less and lose weight?

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2016 at 10:06 AM, RCharter said:

I remember her dad in the first season talking to her about it.  She didn't seem to want any part of that.  And I partially understood, because I know her medical condition makes weight loss so difficult....so from her perspective it must have sounded like nagging.  

I wonder if she is a good candidate for gastric sleeve?

What I've mostly read is that PCOS may cause a person to gain 60-70 pounds.  But at this point, Whitney is like 150 pounds overweight, so it stands to reason that some of that weight gain is food related.  If she gets the gastric sleeve, wouldn't that make it easier for her to eat less and lose weight?

She is 200+ pounds overweight, isn't she like 5'1??

She has a serious mental disorder if she thinks she is healthy. If you can't walk 1 mile  there is something seriously physically wrong with you ( ie- obesity)

And I don't think she would be a good candidate for gastric bypass/sleeve/lap band because she has made NO effort to control her diet. She will just re stretch her stomach out and make the whole procedure pointless ( look at most of the 600 lb life people). 

When you have any type of surgery like that you need to be good about your diet because you can become very malnourished. 

It is very sad because once you start to hit that point of obesity, there is almost no turning back. She will likely be morbidly obese for life. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 5

Yet another example of the angry, disrespectful person Whitney really seems to be. The trailer for next week's show has Whitney sitting with her mother and father in (I assume) their living room. Her father looks unhappy and then tells Whitney he's heard she is planning to ask Lenny to move in with her. Whitney looks shocked, then pissed, then turns to her mother and actually mouths "You bitch" at her.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Yet another example of the angry, disrespectful person Whitney really seems to be. The trailer for next week's show has Whitney sitting with her mother and father in (I assume) their living room. Her father looks unhappy and then tells Whitney he's heard she is planning to ask Lenny to move in with her. Whitney looks shocked, then pissed, then turns to her mother and actually mouths "You bitch" at her.

No. Just no to calling your own mom a bitch. 

• Love 5

The other day I was googling around, trying to see how people in the "official" (for lack of a better word) healthy-at-any-weight community view Whitney.

Well, I didn't find anything.

But, I did find tons of Season 1 interviews in which Whitney insists that she's trying to lose weight, but it's just so darned hard with her "PCOS".  

That just reinforces the schizophrenic nature of this show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

The other day I was googling around, trying to see how people in the "official" (for lack of a better word) healthy-at-any-weight community view Whitney.

Well, I didn't find anything.

But, I did find tons of Season 1 interviews in which Whitney insists that she's trying to lose weight, but it's just so darned hard with her "PCOS".  

That just reinforces the schizophrenic nature of this show.

Yes, I'm sure weight watchers advocates eating a giant tub of ice cream in your car as a means of weight loss.

• Love 2
(edited)

Whitney addresses people who think Lenny is a paid actor on her FB page. Someone has to be reading here and reporting back to her. Even his confirmation that he loves her is lame. No spark, no passion there at all.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Whitney addresses people who think Lenny is a paid actor on her FB page. Someone has to be reading here and reporting back to her. Even his confirmation that he loves her is lame. No spark, no passion there at all.

She doesn't need to feel bad that she's the one with a theater degree because he's doing a lousy job of acting like he likes her at all. Or maybe she thinks him watching her flail and struggle to get into his truck with a bored expression on his face beard is the height of romance to her. 

I guess I'm a "hater" because I do not buy that he cares about her. He might care about being paid to be on TV though.

• Love 6

He is an artist (?). Teaches a class at Michaels, I think, i.e., no job,  no money.  Lennie is getting paid by TLC and gets to go places and promote his art (?). 

Acting as Whit's boyfriend gives him some $, that's all. 

• Love 6

I agree Lennie is an actor.  Why would the quiet, silent type of guy who we've seen utter  about 3 lines during all the shows, all of a sudden open up & discuss his "exercising between the sheets" with Will the trainer?  I call fake, too, on Whit's surprise reaction, like she couldn't believe he would say such a thing on TV.  Just another staged scene.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Interesting how she does all the talking about how people are claiming her relationship with Lenny is fake, and how not-fake it actually is -- except for the one line she prompts him to deliver. "Do you have anything to say about that?" she asks him. "No, I love her" he says. Not even "Yes, I love you?" I guess even she found that response inadequate because she immediately asks him again if he loves her and he says "Yes."  Quite a ringing declaration of love and commitment on his part. Even if he couldn't remember that her favorite food is pasta.

I am now convinced they have a deep and meaningful and passionate relationship. [sarcastifont]

[That video's been shot at an odd angle. Her head is above and in front of his, with his moustache brushing her shoulder. Is she supposed to be sitting on his lap?]

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Tosia said:

Sitting on his lap?  He would be squished!  Flat. 

Mercy killing for him. 

I know it seems unlikely at best, and dangerous at worst. But I couldn't figure out where they were in relation to each other and I thought maybe they were trying to make it look like that?

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:19 PM, DanaMB said:

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Whet did you see this video of her and him...... Flat Lennie? 

The video is the one on her Facebook page that Danamb linked before.

On 6/28/2016 at 2:19 PM, RCharter said:

Yes, I'm sure weight watchers advocates eating a giant tub of ice cream in your car as a means of weight loss.

I'd love to see her work with a nutritionist on a solid, sensible food plan, then work with a therapist on the reasons behind her weight gain. I ate my way up to over 200 pounds for a variety of reasons, none of which dealt with being physically hungry. 

• Love 4
Just now, Literata said:

I'd love to see her work with a nutritionist on a solid, sensible food plan, then work with a therapist on the reasons behind her weight gain. I ate my way up to over 200 pounds for a variety of reasons, none of which dealt with being physically hungry. 

Whitney having to put in work is why it would never happen.

Oh Whitney would visit a nutritionist and a therapist....but then she would have a million reasons why it didn't work for her, or its impossible, or she can't do it, etc, etc.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RCharter said:

Whitney having to put in work is why it would never happen.

Oh Whitney would visit a nutritionist and a therapist....but then she would have a million reasons why it didn't work for her, or its impossible, or she can't do it, etc, etc.

Yes, and it would make for enough footage for a couple of episodes. Remember that show, Ruby? Ruby visits her therapist. Ruby consults a nutritionist. Ruby and her friends are in Ruby's kitchen "trying" to "cook" something "healthy." Ruby consults a plastic surgeon about procedures to remove excess skin after weight loss. Ruby gets skeeved like a twelve-year-old over the idea of having a scar on her upper arms after such a procedure. [Note: this is a 50-something woman who used to weigh 900 pounds and apparently thinks she by some miracle has a bikini beach body in her future.] Ruby visits her therapist again. Ruby gets her eyes examined and fusses about needing glasses. Ruby and her friends go shopping for Ruby's glasses. Ruby's supposed to be on a journey to lose weight. Often, Ruby weighs in at the doctor's or somewhere, and is puzzled and hurt that she's either lost bupkus or even gained weight. 

MBFFL is IMO, pretty much Ruby II. Twit goes to dance class. Twit goes to the emergency room and totally refuses to hear what the doctor says. Twit hangs out with her ex BF and his GF and her new BF and plays a game. I mean, officially, vs. the games she's always playing. Twit calls her mother a bitch on national TV. Twit visits a doctor. Twit hangs out with her pet pig. Twit eats in her car. Twit whines because people are mean to her about eating in her car. Twit and friends get into a hot tub. Twit rides a bike. Twit has a faux job interview for a faux job. Twit insists it's all fabulous and when things go wrong does not concede that ANYTHING could possibly be related to the fact that she's gained 100-200 pounds since the first season of the show and is morbidly. fucking. obese. Not fat, not fabulous. Morbidly obese.

Both these faux reality shows hit the mark with their "stars:"

• Narcissist attention seeker? Check.
  • Morbidly obese? Check
  • Odd assortment of friends and hangers-on? Check.
  • Star is marketed as "sooo inspiring!!" and a role model? Check.
  • Star is an immature tool? Check.
  • Star is unable to understand - whether from being a dimwit or in the throes of addictive behavior - the cold hard facts of their physical and medical situation, and unwilling to do anything appropriate to get better.
  • Star is an extravert who can turn on the charm? Check.
  • Star can turn on the ugly when thwarted? Check. (Though Twit really wins this one hands down over Ruby.)

I kinda got sucked into Ruby's show for a few episodes until the whole picture started to be revealed. 

Someday if there's a life review after I die, or some kind of heavenly reckoning of my life, I will no doubt have to atone for the time I spent watching TLC freakshows like this.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, greekmom said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/pasta-does-not-make-you-gain-weight-according-to-italian-scientists-a7120126.html

Article above advising that pasta does not make you gain weight. I guess Twit can celebrate! Unlimited pasta/mayo/tuna for everyone!

P.S. I don't buy it.

LOL @ "according to Italian scientists"

I wonder what their outlook is on the pizza I've been wanting to order since Saturday?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Jeeves, you forgot "Ruby goes to the Christmas Doctor". Ugh that show.

I had to look up what that meant. I forgot how embarrassingly immature Ruby was.

Whitney is equally immature, but in a different way. She would have called it the Vajayjay Doctor and acted like she made up that term...and she would have made her mom stay in the exam room with her...and then she would have told Buddy all about it and guffawed at his obvious discomfort.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Oh, lord. My memory must have tried to grow scar tissue over that one. Yep. The Christmas Doctor. 

Have mercy.

On 7/3/2016 at 10:19 PM, DanaMB said:

I suspect that SHE is the one reading these and I have suspicions that she even has an account and comments.

I don't know if Lennie is an actor but I definitely don't buy the relationship, whether she is trying to fool us or herself. Her terms of endearment to him ("love you", "sweetheart", etc) make me cringe. They come across as forced

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/inspirational-stories/news/a39303/fabuplus-plus-size-womens-magazine/

Lots of pics of Whitney. Ironic, because this magazine seems like it is for plus size women who are ACTUALLY fit and fabulous.

The last thing Whitney needs is "vindication" of the way she is.

"featuring active plus-size women like kayakers, paddle boarders, professional weight-lifters, yogis, and boot campers. "They all do it in their extremely plus-size bodies."

Has the founder of that magazine ever actually watched the show? Very poor choice for the cover based on what she purports to showcase. I would love to see women like that but I wouldn't buy it with Whit on the cover.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

The last thing Whitney needs is "vindication" of the way she is.

"featuring active plus-size women like kayakers, paddle boarders, professional weight-lifters, yogis, and boot campers. "They all do it in their extremely plus-size bodies."

Has the founder of that magazine ever actually watched the show? Very poor choice for the cover based on what she purports to showcase. I would love to see women like that but I wouldn't buy it with Whit on the cover.

Yeah, it seems like she maybe was told about Whitney and never did much research beyond maybe watching a YouTube video.  

I can't imagine that she thought Whitney's "hoverround" at the parade was a very good representation of big women with an active lifestyle.

I guess she needed to get a big name for her first issue, but it would be sort of cool to see big women who are the paddle boarders, do boot camp and yoga.

Either way -- to end on a positive note, I think the picture of Whitney in the dress is very nice.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RCharter said:

Yeah, it seems like she maybe was told about Whitney and never did much research beyond maybe watching a YouTube video.  

I can't imagine that she thought Whitney's "hoverround" at the parade was a very good representation of big women with an active lifestyle.

I guess she needed to get a big name for her first issue, but it would be sort of cool to see big women who are the paddle boarders, do boot camp and yoga.

Either way -- to end on a positive note, I think the picture of Whitney in the dress is very nice.

Whitney did look great in the dress. I also liked her in the tutu! It looked fun. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RCharter said:

As much as I knock Whit's clothing choices, I agree she looks very nice in the dress.  Too bad we can't see more of her dressed like this. 

Good for this gal for promoting the large ladies who can paddle board, weight lift, etc. but definitely agree she should have done some background info on the real Whit.   I'm picturing Whit on a paddle board. Oh my!!  It would be a fiasco like the trying to ski scene.  As she would be slowly sinking, she would be flailing with the paddle screaming for whoever is around "Boo Bear come help me NOW" or " put down the camera & come help me before I hurt myself or drown" (similar to what she screamed at the film crew during ski scene.)  

• Love 3

Did anyone see the excerpt of Whit with Glenn & Babs they showed during the Jazz show, which runs after Whit's show?   TLC does these as teasers & they usually end up not providing us with anything we didn't already know. There's an interview lady asking them questions.  They do the same thing with the Duggars. Just wondering what they discussed.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Did anyone see the excerpt of Whit with Glenn & Babs they showed during the Jazz show, which runs after Whit's show?   TLC does these as teasers & they usually end up not providing us with anything we didn't already know. There's an interview lady asking them questions.  They do the same thing with the Duggars. Just wondering what they discussed.  

I think there are a few different ones. I saw one particularly asinine one where they were talking about Cupcake Day and what kind of cupcake would Whitney like most? Whitney said she does not like cupcakes because they are too sweet (YEAH RIGHT LADY) but that she would like to SMELL a "cat breath" scented cupcake. Yet another barf-worthy Whitney moment. Her parents looked nauseous when she said that.

• Love 1
On July 6, 2016 at 10:41 AM, RCharter said:

LOL @ "according to Italian scientists"

I wonder what their outlook is on the pizza I've been wanting to order since Saturday?

You can eat anything but it is all in moderation.

Yesterday my mom wanted fried chicken. Well we just didn't eat anything else during the day and I got us 4 chicken fingers, french fries, and a biscuit. I even had a donut. 

We don't eat like that everyday - when I calculated the calories it was about 1400 calories total. In my past, I would have eaten that for dinner, still had some lunch, probably some breakfast, and definitely a calorie drink from like Starbucks. 

I have a baby foal who I visit daily to instill some small doses of training (how to get rubbed, how to have her feet picked up, how to get used to clippers, etc) and it is wicked hot outdoors. So sometimes for lunch instead of eating like a lunch lunch, I grab an ice-cream soft-serve cone that is 260 calories. It cools me down and it is filling to me. 

So the same applies to pizza, pasta, etc. You can have ANY of it but you should measure the portion, be cognizant of how much you are eating and budget for it.

It is ironically how I have seen my thin friends eat throughout our relationships. 

• Love 2
On 7/6/2016 at 11:47 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

I Googled this and couldn't really find anything, can you link or elaborate, please?

• Love 1
On 5/26/2016 at 11:07 AM, Barb23 said:

You said it!  Wow, it looks like she's put on a hundred pounds since last season.  

I also think this and I think the shot we saw of her weighing in at her trainer's isn't showing her real weight. It spins around like crazy for a while before the cameras show us a shot of it saying 370-something, her weight in season 1/2?  She really looks like 2x herself (almost) in these latest episodes, I don't believe for a minute she is still under 400.  TLC takes us all for idiots.

• Love 2