Type keyword(s) to search

Everyone Is Suddenly A Medical Expert: The Media Thread

• Start Topic

Yep, if she is still the same weight then she has lost a LOT of muscle and gained a LOT of fat. She looks far bigger now than she did when the series premiered. The show is now on Hulu so you can all go back and see!

• Love 1
(edited)

Eating food like real fruit and vegetables and unprocessed protein. ..like fish and chicken is healthy. Weight watchers changed their program of eating anything you want as long as you stayed within points. ..cuz people were eating candy and diet soda. ..basically manipulating their points,  rather than training their bodies to get used to less sugar/seasoned/salt/fat flavorings.  

I was in WW and manipulated my food and always tried to eat less and  beat the scale the 2 days before weigh in.

The WW program is good, but I had to quit.  I know the points, journal my food, and focus on eating healthy. .unprocesssed food. It's going well.  I feel better and work out.  Slow and steady weight loss.  Even my treats are occasional  and small portions cuz I am trying to be truthful  to myself about what I want more: a healthy body or the ice cream.  Trick is to find clean food that you like.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, lallalla said:

I Googled this and couldn't really find anything, can you link or elaborate, please?

Well, I've tried to block it out of my mind, but the Christmas Doctor is the gynecologist and she agonizes about it at length. Wikipedia says it's season 2, episode 13.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Well, I've tried to block it out of my mind, but the Christmas Doctor is the gynecologist and she agonizes about it at length. Wikipedia says it's season 2, episode 13.

Oh dear lord.  Now I have to check it out.  Thank you. :)

Ruby acted like a dumbass at that appointment.  She was a 40 something woman, and acted like a dumb teenager. I was appalled. If you are apprehensive  (as many are) about seeing this doctor, read up on what to expect,  go to a doctor recommended by friends, go see a nurse practitioner who often are less rushed and may have a more relaxed atmosphere. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lallalla said:

This article from People gives a look at Whitney I've yet to see on the show, I find it really interesting.

I've also read several other articles on her by People and the comments section by and large show that people are over her excuses of "condishuns".

http://www.people.com/article/whitney-way-thore-my-big-fat-fabulous-life-season-3-sneak-peek

This really supports the notion that the public will forgive ANYTHING but you just have to ADMIT it and tell the truth. Why can't public figures understand that? If she just said, yeah, I need help, we'd all be supportive. Instead she gets snark.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SongbirdHollow said:

This really supports the notion that the public will forgive ANYTHING but you just have to ADMIT it and tell the truth. Why can't public figures understand that? If she just said, yeah, I need help, we'd all be supportive. Instead she gets snark.

People love a comeback story, there is so much truth in what you said.  Whitney can have her show and get into a life that is truly fabulous.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Both Buddy and Whitney look like they have gained weight. I'm actually disappointed that Kerryn is back on the reunion, because it looks like they will make it all about how mean Kerryn is to Whitney and how she body shames her for being fat instead of addressing the real health and mobility issues that Whitney's weight is causing her.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Both Buddy and Whitney look like they have gained weight. I'm actually disappointed that Kerryn is back on the reunion, because it looks like they will make it all about how mean Kerryn is to Whitney and how she body shames her for being fat instead of addressing the real health and mobility issues that Whitney's weight is causing her.

And how, once again, she skips out on any criticism (truth telling). Well, at least there didn't seem to be tears - that time.

On a non-Whitney "media" note (but directly related to that video): I HATE having to watch ads for the "privilege" of watching an ad for their TV show. Happening more and more, especially for TLC video.

• Love 2

Re the preview for next week - OF COURSE Whitney walks out when Kerryn lays down some cold, hard truths.  She can't refute it, so she gains back control in the only way she knows how: to throw some sort of hissy fit.  She's so predictable.

• Love 8

That clip just validates what we have all been saying.   Every single person in Whitneys life is an enabler.    They ALL crave the fame and pocket change TLC is paying them.

What a bunch of losers.

• Love 8

Ughhh I wish Kerryn wasn't back, I hate her. If I'm with my friends and family and some semi-stranger starts talking about my "waddling or whatever you call it" they all would have that same reaction. It's rude and she sounds like a 14 year old mean girl. Grow up. I hate when comedians rely on shock value to be funny. It's the lowest form of humor since it doesn't actually require you to be funny at all. Just an asshole. And not that it's Kerryn's job to be helpful, but she can be honest without being a bitch. She just doesn't want to. From what we've seen I'd much rather hang around Whitney than her. 

• Love 9
On 8/4/2016 at 6:33 PM, Cinnamini11 said:

Ughhh I wish Kerryn wasn't back, I hate her. If I'm with my friends and family and some semi-stranger starts talking about my "waddling or whatever you call it" they all would have that same reaction. It's rude and she sounds like a 14 year old mean girl. Grow up. I hate when comedians rely on shock value to be funny. It's the lowest form of humor since it doesn't actually require you to be funny at all. Just an asshole. And not that it's Kerryn's job to be helpful, but she can be honest without being a bitch. She just doesn't want to. From what we've seen I'd much rather hang around Whitney than her. 

I don't see what Kerryn is doing as any diff than what Whit does. They are both playing a part for a TV show, and probably being fed lines. I think the "argument" with Whit stomping (or trying to stomp) off was probably scripted as well. I believe nothing. 

As someone who was courted to be on a reality tv program for over a year and has personally seen the contracts and been coached by producers, I have a hard time believing anything. The fakeness was the reason we ultimately did not do the show. I have seen enough of Whit online and in interviews, however, to think her bad attitude is real.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I don't see what Kerryn is doing as any diff than what Whit does. They are both playing a part for a TV show, and probably being fed lines. I think the "argument" with Whit stomping (or trying to stomp) off was probably scripted as well. I believe nothing. 

As someone who was courted to be on a reality tv program for over a year and has personally seen the contracts and been coached by producers, I have a hard time believing anything. The fakeness was the reason we ultimately did not do the show. I have seen enough of Whit online and in interviews, however, to think her bad attitude is real.

Seems like an agree to disagree thing. From what I've read from Kerryn online she seems very much like the personality she presented on the radio show. And while reality tv is overproduced and scripted to various extents, you're still not playing a fictional character, you're representing yourself. In fact, I believe Kerryn stated that she stood by everything that she said in that episode.

In the clip, I highly doubt Kerryn had to be fed a line telling Whitney about her waddling. That actually seems right up her alley.* I also think Whitney was actually offended, scripted or not. 

As for who I would rather be around, well that's just personal preference. Whitney may have an attitude, but from the bits I've seen/read, I can't think of anything I've felt as offended about in comparison.

*e.g. making that "lard" pun during her Reddit AMA. I know plenty of people there and here thought that was hilarious. I didn't. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The "needing to be barefoot as much as possible" is what really takes Whitney to Dr. Now levels of concern, for me. That is exactly what his patients all do. 

Amber.  I wanted to puke when she walked around the zoo barefoot.

(although have you seen her lately? WOW)

You know, it's funny, Googling why Amber doesn't wear shoes brought me to this website.  I am a former morbidly obese and I still suffer with lymphodemia in my legs, but I still manage to wear shoes.  Every day.  Even in the house (I can't stand our cold ceramic floor on my feet).  And if I was being interviewed on TV (where I knew they could see my feet), I would wear the cutest shoes I could find, even if they hurt like hell...it's not like you walking or anything.

You would think losing the ability to wear shoes would be a wake-up call....

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The "needing to be barefoot as much as possible" is what really takes Whitney to Dr. Now levels of concern, for me. That is exactly what his patients all do. 

I've been thinking about the bare feet thing for over an hour since I first saw the pictures. I wonder if the shoe & barefoot issues will be addressed on the reunion?  I'm sure she even needs help with putting the flip flops on. Trying to align the toe thingy might be hard for her.  (I have RA & it's difficult for me to get some shoes on like flip flops but I still manage to get something on my feet.) Like RabbiBeth suggested, slip on mules would look less sloppy & would probably be easier to get on. It's one thing if she wore fancier flip flop type of sandals but what we've seen look like Wal-Mart specials. Maybe her & Lennie got a 2 For special. 

• Love 5

It's interesting to me because I have awful foot structure (which is why I'm not ClareRuns), so I am most comfortable when I'm wearing shoes, even though I'm normal weight. I have these amazing Orthaheel sandals that I wear around the house, even, if my arches are bothering me. So I would think being that heavy and being barefoot would be super uncomfortable.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

In next week's preview, she cannot wear shoes I guess?  And Yukon sports flip flops and pajama top.  She looks heavier than the rest of the season.

QPolRDz.jpgZu5p9ga.jpg

Interesting that they found such an incredibly thin host for the reunion.  A compare and contrast for the audience perhaps?

• Love 5

Maybe Whit could invent some cute slip-on shoes for the morbidly obese--with the No BS slogan, natch. 

She looks like the blob in the pic above.  

You know,  I am working on losing weight-- eating healthy & exercising-- and one of the many reasons is to get back to being proud of my personal best body shape and strength. I appreciate/respect my body's abilities and looks for the most part,  even now at 62, cuz I want to livelonger,  duh.  That said,  I can't imagine and feel regret that that good feeling (or respect for her body), that Whit couldn't ever feel that way when she looks at her body.  Guess that's why she is so proud of the brief periods of  jiggling/ twerking that she's calls dancing.

Big disconnect there between Whit's concern for her "dance career" and lack of care for her body, particularly her stamina--actually lack of heart or lung power--or  even just her poor, over-worked feet, that could sustain Whit in being upright. 

Instead of No BS, let's have a little " Body Respect" trend.  But that's not a snappy slogan, and God forbid that TLC ever would put on a positive, health-oriented program, with a likable protagonist.  

Edited by Tosia
Tired of Whit's BS.
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Tosia said:

Instead of No BS, let's have a little " Body Respect".

I like this a lot. I think a lot of folks including Whitney have forgotten that we only get one body (reincarnation possibilities notwithstanding). We should at least attempt to honor that body, not treat it like a garbage dump. That kind of hedonism can be understandable if you're 16 years old, but not when you're in your thirties and facing 400 lb.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Big disconnect there between Whit's concern for her "dance career" and lack of care for her body, particularly her stamina--actually lack of heart or lung power--or  even just her poor, over-worked feet, that could sustain Whit in being upright. 

This ^^ strikes me every time I risk scalding my eyeballs and losing brain cells by watching this show.

How do you consider yourself a dancer when you can't put on your own shoes or shave your own legs? 

Of course, there are people with physical disabilities who pursue dance, and more power to them, but Whit's not in that category. She holds herself out as a dancer: leading classes, making videos, and entering a ballroom dance competition. 

Whitney's very strong and agile at some things: evading responsibility, ducking accountability, throwing around blame for things that are her fault, vaulting to new heights of childish denial, scarfing down remarkable amounts of food in her car, and sucking up all the attention in a room.

Now, if she could just bend over and tie her own shoes . . . and walk a few blocks without getting winded. Heck, walk across the street without getting winded.

Edited by Jeeves
Also tired of Whitney's bullshit.
  • Love 11

Hey, clarewalks-- not runs--very funny. 

I wear shoes with a slight heel or orthotics, almost all the time cuz of high arches from wearing heels back in the lady business suit days.  Jambu makes some cute, comfortable shoes and sandals.  They even make slip-ons so Whit could wear them.

A few thoughts abt Whit not wearing shoes.

1) It seems like Whit is beyond caring about fashion cuz of her inability to find cute clothes/footwear to fit her immense size. 

2) Whit sticks to weak, ill- fitting sports bras, leggings, and flip flops cuz that's what's comfortable in the heat of the South. But then, ALL Southeners don't dress that way. And frankly,  wouldn't leggings be hot?  (My in-laws are from Louisiana and I have been down there many times,  even in July, and the people there look like people everywhere in the summer--all types of dress--not so much sports bras-as-blouses,  or leggings in public,  though that I've noticed.) 

3) Whit's too lazy to dress up, do makeup or hair for everyday life--even when she's confronting Yukon about his 3 a.m. absence,  when you would think she would want to look attractive. 

4) Whit's 380 lbs. of weight has smashed down her arches over the years.  

5) She was born that way.  My male friend has very flat feet and we're all different. More variety, more fun. There are SO many cute flat shoes out there that I've  wished I could wear them many times. 

I am having a hard time  respecting someone who doesn't try to be better, and even take care enough to look somewhat better than when you roll out of bed that morning  when you go outside of the house, (although I'll give her a pass when she goes to the gym--although we know that doesn't happen very often) .  

Instead of No BS, how about No Excuses, Whit? 

Edited by Tosia
Cute shoes are da bomb. Haha. Im 62.
  • Love 8

I think the leggings are to combat chafing. Her chub rub would extend pretty far down. They also offer support so there's not as much jiggling around. I think leggings are comfy, even if it's a little warm.

Thanks to whoever posted that picture above. I have reconsidered the bowl of ice cream I was about to have. See, she IS inspirational!

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Instead of No BS, let's have a little " Body Respect" trend.  But that's not a snappy slogan, and God forbid that TLC ever would put on a positive, health-oriented program, with a likable protagonist.  

I really like this too! Even though the No BS campaign is supposed to promote a positive thing, she's gone with negative phrasing. Body Respect makes it a positive/affirmative linguistic statement to mirror what is (supposed to be) a positive campaign/attitude/lifestyle/movement. With the No BS, it's easy to focus on the negatives rather than the affirming aspects of what you're trying to accomplish. 

• Love 3

Whit's chub rub is not something I want to think about,  similar to seeing her hangie boobs in those cheap-ass sports bras when she has to bend over to lean on the kitchen counter to talk to someone, or any handy edifice,  (like the fence  Whit hunkered over when  she "ran into " the comedian outside the comedy club) cuz her skeletal system gets tired off holding her upright, or her arm fat waving at me when she "dances", or moves her arms in general.  I do arm exercises and wear sleeves mostly to stave off further bat wings myself. 

This is kind of gross but another reality show alum,  Mama June, got  a fungal infection in her rolls of fat crease cuz of moistness and no air flow.  I bet Whit's dealing with that issue also-- not that she may not be clean--it's just from creases not getting air to be dry. 

Another motivating factor to eat healthy and exercise from the fabulousity of the morbidly obese. It's not pretty,  even when you go blond on top.  

Apologies to all who have not eaten dinner yet. 

I'm sorry abt the batwings talk --Even if I have them too--- cuz that would be body shaming, maybe? Is it body shaming to point out poor posture? IDK, anymore. 

Edited by Tosia
Didn't mean to body shame.
  • Love 5

My concern about Whitneys health is more about vanity.  The longer Whitney stays at this size, the worse her body is going to look when she finally wakes up and decides to take off weight.   The body makes you answer for abusing it.  Her skin is going to be a saggy mess. TLC will be long by the time she wakes up and with no real source of income she'll be stuck with a body that'll be a droopy horror show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

Don't worry, they have a show to fix that too.  :)

She'll be more than sorry if she only has Dr. Now as an option for skin removal surgery.  While he's skilled at gastric, he lacks finesse for plastic surgery.  Hack job is the term that comes to mind.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

She'll be more than sorry if she only has Dr. Now as an option for skin removal surgery.  While he's skilled at gastric, he lacks finesse for plastic surgery.  Hack job is the term that comes to mind.

Isn't there a show Skin Tight? All about people who have lost large amounts of weight who have excess skin and need surgery to remedy the situation. The one episode I've seen actually had Dr. Now from M600#L consulting with one of the people who had lost a lot of weight by dieting but then did have either a bypass or a lapband. 

Personally, I don't think we'll ever see Whiney on those because I really don't see her losing the weight or changing her habits or attitude, or getting a "real" job... it will be a rude awakening when TLC packs up and moves on the next train wreck. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Tosia said:

Instead of No BS, let's have a little        "Body Respect" trend.

I LOVE this!!! I'd be more than proud to wear a shirt with this emblazoned across the front!!! (And happy to share it's message & meaning.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

If I had thinning hair like Whitney does, I don't think I would take a chance and then  bleach it.

This was exactly my thought.  My hair is thinning, not due to PCOS but to ageing and genetics, and my hair dresser strongly advocated that I never use any chemical process on it.  It's just too damaging.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But then she can hop over to "Botched" . . . like Mama June did.

True, but in Whitneys case I think the show would entitled "Be-otch"

I also heard a rumor that Lennie is scheduled to appear on Sex Sent Me to the E.R. :)

• Love 5

Watching the Skinny on the Skinny clip I had one thought. Next season Twit and Kerryn move in together. OMG. Who will break who's will first?  Will Kerryn move back to the bottle or will Twitney actually be shamed to lose the weight?

Yes, I have an evil mind. Maybe TLC should hire me. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I also heard a rumor that Lennie is scheduled to appear on Sex Sent Me to the E.R. :)

I want to know why sex sent him to er. That of course, if it's true.

Edited by mzskyhawk00
It's er not we
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, mzskyhawk00 said:

I want to know why sex sent him to er. That of course, if it's true.

Just kidding around, although its not out of the realm of possibilities. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Watching the Skinny on the Skinny clip I had one thought. Next season Twit and Kerryn move in together. OMG. Who will break who's will first?  Will Kerryn move back to the bottle or will Twitney actually be shamed to lose the weight?

That would probably end up being on one of the Investigation Discovery shows like "I (almost) got away with it"... because they'd end up killing each other. 

7 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Bwaaahahahaha!!! 

• Love 1
On 8/6/2016 at 11:05 AM, Brooklynista said:

Interesting that they found such an incredibly thin host for the reunion.  A compare and contrast for the audience perhaps?

Eh I dont think she is incredibly thin but normal tv actress thin- I think she just looks teeny tiny compared to whit

Also I think that the dress Whit is wearing is cute  but seriously unflattering....she looks enormous with the print bringing attention to her widest part.. I think she wouldnt look so large if she found a similar dress but with the print on top and solid at the bottom

Her poor feet  and legs look like they are about to explode :-(

• Love 6