Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E14: David Tennant, Olivia Colman, Harvey Weinstein, Jessie J

• Start Topic

The award-winning host continues his anarchic talk show. Featuring award-winning stage and screen actors David Tennant and Olivia Colman starring in the hotly anticipated second series of Broadchurch, and legendary film producer and Hollywood mogul, Harvey Weinstein. Plus music from Jessie J.

TVGuide still has it on the schedule, Zap2It does not.  The BBC America website says nothing is scheduled in the near future, but that site also says the current season is number 14.

Apparently the David Tennant show aired last night in the UK, and the Meryl Streep one week ago.  The Meryl Streep episode was on the schedule for tonight.

Is it perhaps because Musketeers is taking 75 minutes on the schedule this week and next?  They could just air one less episode of ST Next Gen every damn week.

• Love 2

According to tv guide and my comcast this was the one BBC-A had set to air.  Which would not be the first time they have skipped and gone back.  I remember checking on Friday and then again on Saturday both.  Mainly because I forgot to see what was one prior for a 10:15 start.  And noticed because I find Jessie J annoying as hell and can't figure why Weinstein sits his fat ass on the couch.  Mainly because one of my sisters attended a White House dinner and was stuck behind him going through the press room and he thought the room was there for him to give long long pompous commentary and not just pause for a couple of flashes.  Huge douche. 

Still I'm puzzled why as of 8 pm last night it was still saying it was going to air and then never did.  Some Heather Graham movie instead?  I guess she never guest starred on Star Trek so they had to settle on this film instead.

I am guessing they are saving them for when Broadchurch comes back.  They show is set to be back on Jan. 31 at 10:15 (9:15 CST) for an hour time slot.  I guess they just wanted to skip these episodes.

• Love 1

I see that it's set to come back, according to the BBC America website, but in my dvr listings and the tv schedule (both via the tv guide on the tv and online - att uverse), it doesn't show up.  Am wondering when it's coming back, and wish it would soon!  They show the same few shows over and over, I don't understand why they would cut non-repeat shows like this, and still show Kitchen nightmares about 1,000 times.

I am guessing they are saving them for when Broadchurch comes back. They show is set to be back on Jan. 31 at 10:15 (9:15 CST) for an hour time slot. I guess they just wanted to skip these episodes.

Yep, BBC America aired this show on Saturday, March 14, and episode 3 of Broadchurch the following Wednesday.

Tennant & Coleman were there to promote their show, and a clip of episode 3 was shown. I found Weinstein bearable—except for calling homosexuality one's "sexual belief."

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 1

Yeah, I caught that, too. 

It was weird seeing him on the show, esp so long after the Oscars happened. I guess this was just more promotion for his movies, but there really wasn't much promoting. I did enjoy the story about the Good Will Hunting script. As he was talking about the oral sex scene, I thought he had been pulling Affleck's and Damon's legs. That they put this scene in the script to test producers was brilliant. But other than that story, I didn't enjoy his presence.

The opening with Tennant and Colman and the corpse of Graham was great. I loved Olivia's idea for a tattoo: a fly squished on the sole of your foot.

I like Jessie J. She seems so down to earth. Her tattoo story was pretty embarrassing. 

Yep, BBC America aired this show on Saturday, March 14, and episode 3 of Broadchurch the following Wednesday.

Tennant & Coleman were there to promote their show, and a clip of episode 3 was shown. I found Weinstein bearable—except for calling homosexuality one's "sexual belief."

I think Harvey slipped up there when he said "sexual belief" based on what he was saying about Alan Turing and the fact that he was persecuted for being gay. Also, check out these news stories http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/02/21/the-imitation-game-isnt-really-about-gay-rights-but-its-oscars-campaign-is/

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/graham-norton-gearing-up-for-us-move-thanks-to-harvey-weinstein-30972126.html

• Love 2

That second article is very interesting. Of course I completely agree with Weinstein's assessment of Graham, but I'm a bit worried what "bringing him to the United States" means. 

I watched the little video nested in the article of an interview Graham did. In it he says he doesn't hang out with his guests, and he jokes about how Lenny Kravitz and Matt Damon became best buds after meeting on his show yet excluded him. And then in the article Weinstein says that he had great fun with Tennant, Colman, and Jessie J, and went out for drinks afterward. Poor Graham. :D

• Love 2

Yeah it rubbed me the wrong way too, but in the moment I couldn't quite tell if that's a phrase he actually thinks is a thing, or if he just got a little tongue tied with what he was trying to say? His anecdotes all sounded rehearsed so I immediately wondered if he were transposing some words in what he was getting at. I'm trying to benefit of the doubt here.

I also thought it was odd, I'd never heard the Good Will Hunting story before, such as, oh say, when the movie came out, but it seems to be anecdote du jour. I've hear it on several chat shows now, including I think one from Matt Damon himself, as well as in a few articles. So clearly somebody decided that's the story that everyone should be discussing now. I haven't been able to figure out what the strategic aim is with it, but somebody has one.

• Love 1

Because I am very old, I do remember the GWH oral-sex scene discussed during the time the film was in release. I have a vague notion of the boys putting in a reference to a blow-job in an early draft, it being ignored, each successive draft making the scene longer and more elaborate, it being ignored, etc. And then Harvey told them to cut it, with language far less polite than he recounted here.

I give Jessie many points for being embarrassed about the tattoo spelling error. Many people would not be, more's the pity. (I also like the high-waisted look, so: good on her.)

I would love to hang out drinking and gossiping with Olivia Colman. She has such a cute face, I bet people tell her tons of things she has no business knowing. And I'd bet she'd spill over cocktails, plotlines of shows she's in notwithstanding.

• Love 1

Saw it live streamed back in January and I have to say I was VERY frustrated. Found too much focus on Jesse J and Weinstein took over too much. I suppose David and Olivia really couldn't say too much about Broadchurch and that's why Graham kept handing focus over to the other two, even during the segment that was supposed to be David and Olivia's. Still it was bad TV for Broadchurch fans. But if meeting Harvey Weinstein opens the doors for Olivia and David in the US, then I guess it was a good thing. Just not much fun to sit through slow streaming for.

I'd love it if Graham would have OC & DT back now that Broadchurch is over for a while. They are comedy gold together whether they're Miller and Hardy or themselves.

• Love 1