Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: And The Rule Of Three / S01.E08: And The Heart Of Darkness

It could be that they thought that the characters were more likable in the episodes they showed earlier. I don't think the lack of continuity worked for them. I suspect I'd have reacted much more positively to Ezekiel and Cassandra, and how Eve treats them, if I'd seen them in the original order.

• Love 2
Re: Jenkins' name: I didn't hear "Galaes", I heard "deLance" and was diverted for several moments by thinking of John Delancie or Q showing up in the library.

I head what sounded like "Thelaus," but despite different spellings, I couldn't find anything.

And I was sure the eps were out of order, because I didn't understand the betrayal comment at all.

Ok sorry for being slow but can someone explain how the haunted house episode worked? Like I understand how the house was actually as good house turned to "bad" by the serial killer family but what happened to the serial killer parents and why/how did Cassandra get control of the house?

Killer girl figured out that the house fulfilled wishes and had it get rid of her parents, and the house responded to Cassandra's being the specialest magic snowflake ever and picked her wishes instead.

Edited by Julia

Ok sorry for being slow but can someone explain how the haunted house episode worked? Like I understand how the house was actually as good house turned to "bad" by the serial killer family but what happened to the serial killer parents and why/how did Cassandra get control of the house?

The house fullfilled peoples needs and I guess Cassandra's need to get rid of the girl was stronger than the serial killer's wish for Cassandra to be dead.  Cassandra also had that whole speech about how she was already dead inside because of her "brain grape" so I suppose the serial killer's wish didn't work because of that.  Or maybe she's just a super special snowflake like Julia's post said. lol

Edited by Mecca
  • Love 1

It was my impression that the serial killer's family stayed at the house until they died of old age because the girl's "need" to be the Angel of Death (keep killing and killing), kept fresh victims coming to the house and kept the family safe.  The family didn't need to run away from the law because after they killed the next set of victims, their "need" to keep safe made the house transport.  The rest of the family aged and eventually died, as shown in the photographs, where first the family is shown - father, mother, girl/daughter and son(?) and then another photo of just the girl and a much older woman, presumably the mother.  I guess the girl stayed alive and young because it was her "need" that the house was feeding.

Cassandra was able to take control because, as said above, she was already "dead" inside from the brain grape and thus the girl's need to be the "angel of death" was already "fullfilled" and then Cassandra's need to save her friends took over and became primary.  Thus, the girl's need was completed, a new need took over, the girl was no longer being 'preserved' by the house and she essentially turned to dust from age.  That's my take on it.

• Love 1

So exicted to see what the #LITS are up to this coming season of The Librarians .. especially #JakeStone .. Christian Kane.. so hope he gets the glowy globe to work! Check out Christian's movie 50 to 1 now out on DVD too.. and be on the look out for his cooking show Kane's Kitchen.. going to be great.. the man does it all and does it all well!! thanks for sharing!

Loved your assessment of Christian Kane's talent in your review. Like Jake Stone, there is nothing this man can't do. I'm so glad that there will be a second season of The Librarians so we can see Christian Kane's abilities made use of. You're right, all too often it was obvious he was in the background while the not so talented newbies got screen time. And yes, he can do more with one eyebrow than most of the crew can do with their entire beings. Christian Kane is a force of nature and I can't wait 'til he graces my TV screen again on a Sunday night.

Mary E Brewer & Louielouie7 - maybe you should open a Christian Kane Fanclub.

It could be that they thought that the characters were more likable in the episodes they showed earlier. I don't think the lack of continuity worked for them. I suspect I'd have reacted much more positively to Ezekiel and Cassandra, and how Eve treats them, if I'd seen them in the original order.

Agree, things might have worked differently. Prefer watching them in the original order. Particular "And the Rule of Three" felt to me wrong in the place it was aired, it works better as penultimate episode, concerning the relations in the group and the story arc.

What I love about "And the Heart of Darkness" is mostly the cinematography. Play with light and shadow, camera angels, plenty of horror elements in it.

I wish they put the episodes in the intended order on the DVD set, which is what I'm watching right now.  I didn't realize until I read this thread.  Hopefully, the next few seasons aired in the correct sequence.  That might have made this season flow a little better.  

I thought the science fair episode was fun, until the reveal that everyone except one girl was cheating and using a magic app.  I'm not too intrigued by the backstory with Morgana and Jenkins.  

The second episode was creepy but I'm not a fan of episodes where you parachute in the middle of the plot.  It was hard for me to engage, and I found Cassandra a little annoying with her refusal to acknowledge that her lack of fighting ability doesn't help.  I found Ezekiel more annoying in this one than others.  Overall, I didn't find this one too enjoyable, though I did like the concept of a house of refuge.

Both episodes had elements that didn't make much sense to me.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Camera One said:

I wish they put the episodes in the intended order on the DVD set, which is what I'm watching right now.  I didn't realize until I read this thread.  Hopefully, the next few seasons aired in the correct sequence.  That might have made this season flow a little better.  

I thought the science fair episode was fun, until the reveal that everyone except one girl was cheating and using a magic app.  I'm not too intrigued by the backstory with Morgana and Jenkins.  

The second episode was creepy but I'm not a fan of episodes where you parachute in the middle of the plot.  It was hard for me to engage, and I found Cassandra a little annoying with her refusal to acknowledge that her lack of fighting ability doesn't help.  I found Ezekiel more annoying in this one than others.  Overall, I didn't find this one too enjoyable, though I did like the concept of a house of refuge.

Both episodes had elements that didn't make much sense to me.  

That would be helpful its stupid that they didn't put them in the correct order. I liked the science fair one more then the other. Cassandra was annoying in that because no she can't fight. She has other skills but fighting isn't one of them. Ezekiel was annoying too. I liked Cassandra better in the science fair her excitement over it and all the different projects. Morgan was interesting until it turned out she was just trying to gather power to hide. It would have been more interesting if she wanted it for something else. I liked them interviewing the different kids and assuming the outcast was responsible when he turned out to have a crush on Amy. I loved Amy. She was so cool and I liked how quickly she helped and convinced everyone else to help. 

• Love 1